Eco-friendly travel guide to Abidjan advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Abidjan, Ivory Coast.
- Air quality: 3.5 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 2 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 3.5 / 5
- Public transportation: 3 / 5
- Parks: 4/ 5
- Outdoor activities: 4.5 / 5
- Locals' English level: 3.5 / 5
- Safety: 2 / 5
- Accommodation: US$20 - $150
- Budget per day: US$100 - $250
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Abidjan is the capital city of the Ivory Coast and also the most populous. It is safe to say most of the country’s economic activities happen in this city, so it has the highest concentration of foreigners in the country.
Abidjan is also the sixth most populous city in Africa and one of the highest-ranked when it concerns French-speaking countries. There are many things to explore in the town, so it is not surprising that tourists frequent the city.
As a foreigner in Abidjan, you need to always smile as it shows the locals that you are open to socializing and exploring all that the city offers. It will help if you have an open mind when visiting as it makes living there better.
Being a tourist in today's world comes with its own set of responsibilities and obligations. The change climate of the planet urges us to be more responsible and take accountability for our actions and also study the impact we have on the environment. One must travel in an eco friendly way and ensure that the local citizens or the natural surroundings are not affected. These are some of the most crucial tips that vacationers must follow to travel responsibly.
- Choosing the right transport method: A major part of your travel experience includes discovering every nook and cranny of the city. While you will have transport options like private cars and taxis at your disposal you need to know that not only do they contribute to more congestion and traffic pollution but also emit harmful gases into the environment. So, choose options like walking, cycling, electronic and public transportation in general.
- Trying local food: A huge part of the local culture is the traditional food that is offered at the local traditional restaurants and by street food vendors. Instead of just sticking to international fast food franchises that contribute to so much waste being produced in the world, you should try the local options. Not only will it help the local economy but also will directly help the families whose sole source of earning are these small food businesses.
- Do not throw waste: As an eco-friendly traveler, you need to promote sustainable living as much as possible in the city to motivate not only fellow tourists but local people. When you visit any tourists attractions especially city parks, make sure you do not throw any food wrapper and do not just stop at that but if you see any trash, pick it up and throw it in the dustbin. It might look like a very small thing to do but has a huge impact on people watching especially the children present in the park since they learn and mimic the behaviour of other people around them.
- Choose a green hotel: Plenty of accommodations are available in the city that provide you with a top-notch experience but instead of choosing them, you can pick green hotels for your stay. They use eco-friendly measures to reduce the pollution and waste of the city. This is one of the great ways to contribute towards the city to keep it safe and clean.
- Shop local: In order to support local craftsmen and artisans always shop local. During your trip to the city, you will come across small shops and food stalls in almost every lane of the city. If you want to have an unforgettable experience in the city, then buy goods and handicrafts from these shops. This will not only help you to save a lot of money but you will be supporting a lot of local people who are dependent on their small businesses to earn a livelihood.
Air Quality and Pollution
It is common knowledge that any city with a high air pollution rate would have low air quality. Hence, foreigners are usually concerned about the pollution rate in any city they desire to visit. Understandably, it is almost impossible to eradicate all pollution factors, but it can be reduced if all hands are on deck. Thus, there should be a synergy between the government and its people.
In Abidjan, there is a moderate air quality level. You can sometimes be affected by air pollution, but it is a safe place to stay overall. The air in the city makes it a conducive place for living, so it should not be a factor that would discourage you from visiting Abidjan as there is a lot to see.
Respect the Culture
Many times, we hear people say that respect is reciprocal, and this claim is valid. Some people also say that the way you lay your bed is how you would lie on it. It applies to tourists visiting a new place, as the way you relate with the locals determines how they would receive you.
It may be impossible to know how a local in Abidjan feels at first sight as they usually guard their emotions. However, if you are respectful in your approach, they would welcome you with open arms.
The idea is to relate with them the same way you would want a foreigner to associate with you in your home city. After all, it is their city and country, so you must respect their opinions, rules, and regulations.
Top 10 Places to Visit
Here are some of the top exciting places to visit in Abidjan:
- Market Treichville: It is usually one of the top recommended places to visit when shopping in the city. Many of the items are African themed, giving you a feel of the region and making perfect souvenirs to take away from the city.
- Doraville: It is a water park suitable for both adults and children. Many people say that it lets them free their inner child, making memories that would not fade away in a long time. It also allows foreigners to connect with many people.
- Zoo d'Abidjan: You already know that you will see various animals at the zoo, and it gets exciting when you can feed them or take pictures. If you wish to have such an experience, you should visit this place when in Abidjan.
- Lac Bakré: If you want to take a break from the regular hustling and bustling of the city, you should visit this lake. It gives a calm and refreshing feeling to the body, allowing you to recollect your thoughts and reenergizing the body.
- Sanctuaire Marial d'Abidjan: It is a top tourist attraction in the city with a building structure that leaves people in awe. It is one that sticks to the mind, and you will always remember it, even when you have left the city.
- Mount Nimba Strict Nature Reserve: Without a doubt, there are many exciting places to visit in Abidjan, and this is one of them. It is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, with an atmosphere that will always leave a smile on your face. If you love to explore places, you should visit this place as it will be worth exploring.
- Abokouamekro Game Reserve: You will see many animals at this place, including those you thought were extinct. It serves as a home and haven for them, and we know that you will have fun seeing them.
- Jardin Botanique de Bingerville: We do not know your thoughts about visiting a botanical garden, but it is always refreshing, especially as it drifts away from the norm. You will realize that you are in high spirits when you leave this place. You will also learn something new as you may not have known the botanical names of the various plants you will see.
It would not make sense for one to visit a new place and not have plans for exploration. It defeats the aim of leaving your home city as you are supposed to get to know new things about your new location.
Some people may want to argue that there are different purposes for visiting a new city, but it does not mean that you should not explore.
You get to expand your mind, connect, and learn new things when exploring a new city. No matter how tight your schedule might be, it will help if you always create time to explore, and we are sure that you would not regret the decision.
Even if you cannot cover all city areas, you can later plan to have a return visit.
A great way to start your exploration while in a new place is to visit the city parks. Some of these parks in Abidjan are:
- Eden Park Live: The beautiful landscape of this place is captivating and makes you feel more comfortable to relax. It is common to see some people using this park for picnics, while others visit to relax. The fresh air is also perfect for easing your mind, so it should be on your list of city parks to see.
- International Club & Paintball Park: You should expect nothing less than fun at a paintball park as you get to let go of worries as you engage in this exciting activity. It also allows you to meet and connect with new people.
Abidjan also has a national park that is suitable for visitation at any time. It is owned and managed by the Ivory Coast government to ensure that foreigners look forward to visiting again anytime they come to the park.
Abidjan’s national park is Parc National du Banco, and some people refer to it as a national forest because it has dense vegetation. Interestingly, people can hike at this place, so the fun is increased, and interaction improves.
It has fresh air that would always calm your mind while putting a smile on your face. Those who love being around nature appreciate this place the most as it is one of their top choices. You should ensure to visit it when in the city.
Some people love to hang out at the beach, and they say that it brings a sense of calm and freshness. If you agree with their claim and would also love to explore the various beaches when in Abidjan, here are some to visit:
- Bassam Beach: It is one of the most popular beaches in Abidjan, and has strong waves for those who love surfing. The fresh air and cold make it conducive for staying, although you may want to take a jacket if you are not a fan of the cold. It allows you to meet different people and always assures you of having a swell time.
- Gare Lagunaire d'Adjahui: We cannot say that this is the best beach in the city, but it joins the list of beaches, and we know that you will have a fun time there.
Here are some of the outstanding landmarks in Abidjan:
- St. Paul's Cathedral: It is a roman catholic church with a high building that you can see from a distance. It is also popular in the city that almost any local can direct you to it. This church has a fantastic architecture that will always make people turn for a second look, so it qualifies as one of the city’s landmarks.
- Plateau Mosque: It is the worship place for Muslims in the city, and it also has a high building, making identification easy. The architecture can also not be overlooked, and people always frequent it as it is one of the biggest mosques in Abidjan.
A foreigner’s mind is always curious, and the best way to stratify such curiosity is by visiting a museum. If you decide to explore the various museums in a city, you will get better insights into its history and how some things work there.
We cannot say that there are many museums to explore in Abidjan, but you should not miss the opportunity to visit the Musée des Civilisations de Côte d'Ivoire. Although it is a small museum, you will realize that it covers a lot by the time you finish seeing everything.
The tour guides are well-knowledgeable, so they have answers to any of the related questions you might want to ask. The art exhibitions are also fascinating, and we know that you will enjoy seeing this museum.
It makes better sense for one to eat the traditional meals of a place when there, than sticking to regular food. After all, how else do you want to explore the new area if you are not ready to try their local meals?
You will get many local meal options in Abidjan, and Foutou is one of them. It is a combination of boiled cassava and banana, later pounded after boiling into a mixture used to eat soups or sauces. The concept might seem strange to you, but we know that you will enjoy it.
You should know that you will see different sauces in the city, and Sauce kopè is one. It is a sauce dish prepared with okra and proteins.
Traditional Local Restaurants
Here are some of the local restaurants in Abidjan where you can enjoy traditional meals:
- Restaurant Saakan: Although the cost of the meals at this place is on the high side, we assure you that it is always worth it as the dishes are prepared with thoughtfulness and your tummy and taste buds will be pleased with the result. It is a cozy place with top-notch designs and one of the best recommended in the city.
- Restaurant Zawat: Lebanese foods constitute a part of the local meals you can find in Abidjan, and this restaurant is the perfect place to get any Lebanese meal you desire. It has provisions for Lebanese music to ensure that you are in an ideal mood, and the atmosphere is soothing.
Vegetarian and Vegan
If you are a vegan, you are also not left out as some restaurants in Abidjan have provisions for your food preference.
These restaurants are:
- Loving Hut restaurant Végėtalien: The best thing about this place is that both vegetarians and non-vegetarians can enjoy the meals. It gives you healthy options, and the staff are friendly. It has a clean environment, ensuring that you are happy and relaxed while eating your meal. Everyone confirms that their food options are tasty, so there is no reason why you should not visit it when in Abidjan.
- Inner Tasted Food: The fact that there is an array of food options at this place endears it to the hearts of many as it assures you of varieties. It has an enabling environment for relaxation, and the meals are tasty.
Asides from regular food options, every city also has peculiar street food options, and it will be right for you to try them. Some people refer to street foods as fast food because the preparation time is short, and you can get it on the roadside.
Banane braise is one of the street foods in Abidjan. You can also call it roasted plantain as it is plantain cooked over hot coal. It will be best if you try it before leaving the city.
Another appetizing street food option is Poulet Piquet, pieces of chicken put on a stake over a wooded fire. It is tasty and will always leave you licking your fingers. We are sure that you will enjoy it at any time of the day, so purchase it while in the city.
If you think that exploring stops at visiting different places or eating local meals, you are mistaken. Each city also has different local drinks that help to keep body and soul together while there. If you are wondering about Abidjan’s available drinks, you will get them in varieties, so you should have no worries.
Most of the drinks available in this city are made from ginger, so you should prepare your minds before arriving in the city. However, those who do not like ginger or have allergies also have varieties of passion fruit drinks.
If you do not know, you can have an enjoyable time sharing these drinks with the locals, so it should be one thing on your mind while in the city.
It is also right to talk about Abidjan’s tap water if we are covering the drinks in the city. After all, water is an essential drink that everyone needs, and you would need to know if the tap water is drinkable.
Foreigners need to know this information as it helps them understand what to do or what to avoid. The aim is to stay healthy and enjoy the holiday, not to fall sick because the water is not portable.
If you are in Abidjan, you should avoid drinking the tap water as it is not portable and can lead to different health issues. Instead, you should drink purified water or buy bottled water to avoid stories that touch the heart.
Here are some of the organic cafes in Abidjan:
- Saladsun Grandcolas' Place Restaurant: You should know that this hotel is within a restaurant, so it most especially comes in handy to those lodged there. Their services are superb, and the meals are always tasty and up to standard. It is one of the best you will find in the city.
- Abidjan Café Brasserie: There is no type of meal you desire that you cannot get at this place, so some people have it as their permanent food option. It assures you of healthy meals always, and you will notice that there is always a steady inflow of people patronizing the restaurant. It also has an array of beers, and is at a strategic point in the city.
You should expect to see breweries in Ivory Coast, as they are the producers of the country’s excellent beers. Abidjan has its fair share of breweries in the country, and there are also breweries in other parts of the country.
Some people have visiting breweries as their guilty pleasure, and they can satisfy it when in Abidjan. It is not wrong if you leave Abidjan to see the other available breweries within the country.
By doing this, you get to taste all the beer options, and you will have a fulfilling time. You might also make new friends while doing this, and we know that it will leave you in a happy mood. This might not be a typical thing for foreigners to do, but it is not out of place.
When people begin to familiarize themselves with a city, they start desiring more activities to keep them busy and engaged. It is not out of place for this to happen, but it is sad when these foreigners cannot think of something to do.
If you are in such a boat, allow us to tell you that you can add fishing and kayaking to the activities you can engage in while in a new place. If your new city is Abidjan, it makes things better as these people enjoy engaging in canoeing activities, so you know that fishing and kayaking are feasible.
It is a way that the locals use to bond and make merry, and they will welcome you with open arms to join them.
Yoga and Retreats
Some people say that engaging in yoga is a way of indulging in personal reflection, and we can say that this claim is sometimes valid but varies in different humans. However, it is unarguable that yoga is a helpful activity for calming the mind, and many people love to indulge in it.
Yoga fans are called yogis, and we wish to tell you that yogis usually have a swell time in Abidjan as there are many yoga studios where you can carry out this activity.
At the various studios, there are instructors who are ready to assist in any way you might be having difficulties. Also, you get to meet fellow yogis who will motivate you to do better. It is always pleasurable engaging in yoga in Abidjan.
Over the years, we have seen accommodation issues being recurrent, and we know that this inconvenience isn’t something that anyone wants to undergo when visiting a new place. It should be common knowledge that you should have concrete plans concerning accommodation as a foreigner.
By making accommodation plans, you need to check the various options they have in your destination city and ensure that you can afford it. Thus, having a budget for accommodation is always essential.
The number of people traveling also comes to play when checking the various options, and the facilities you desire should also not be forgotten. If you effectively cross-check your expectation against the available options, you can make a choice and make preparations towards it so that there will be no disappointments.
Do you love to stay in a place that contributes to the environment?
Here are some of the green hotels in Abidjan:
- Novotel Abidjan: It is one of those hotels that give you free cancellations in case anything happens. This hotel is strategic in terms of proximity as you can go to different places in the city and do activities with ease. Due to the cleanliness of this hotel, the rooms are beautiful, and it gives you a view of the lagoon. You will always feel at peace at this place, and it makes an excellent choice for lodging.
- Pullman Abidjan: Staying at this place is always comfortable as they have many facilities, including a pool. It gets high commendations from people due to the royal treatment they offer to customers. The location is also top-notch.
Hostels and Guest Houses
We do not know if this is a secret or not, but staying at a hostel or guest house has proven to be one of the best options for any foreigner as the prices are considerably lower, helping the tourist to save cost.
Many people spend a lot to reach their destination, and they wish to cut down on costs. Instead of spending huge amounts of money on any other accommodation option, you can stay at a hostel or guest house, and you will still be comfortable.
We know that the idea of comfort is what makes people skeptical about a hostel or guest house, but we can assure you that many of the hostels and guest houses in Abidjan are of a high standard and quality.
One of the most luxurious ways you can lodge in a new city is staying in an apartment. If it is a viable option for you, here are some of them in Abidjan:
- Villa Residence Inovalis: People frequent this apartment because of the comfort it promises, and those who have stayed here confirm that they do not drop from serving premium quality. The bedrooms are comfortable, while the entire environment is always clean. It is also always quiet, so you can have peaceful moments and possibly meditations without any disturbance.
- Residence Kimo: They are warm and welcoming to foreigners, so you know that you will have a wonderful time there. The goal is to ensure that your stay in the city is pleasurable, so they are always ready to help out, and the ambiance is perfect.
If you see a system where locals in the city register to share their homes with a foreigner, it is called Couchsurfing. If you can recall earlier, we talked about tourists looking for the cheapest option when it concerns accommodation, and this is one of them.
You can imagine that a tourist who wishes to cut down on cost will be quick to jump on this option as it entails not paying for accommodation at all.
The downside to Couchsurfing is that you are staying with a foreigner and ignorant of their customs and traditions. Thus, you should be eager and willing to learn to understand how they operate and know what to avoid, which will lead to disagreements or clashes.
A person can camp in a familiar spot and also camp in new terrain. The idea behind camping is leaving your home for another location. Typically, people will prefer to camp in places they know, such as their home city.
However, some foreigners are extra daring and courageous and will not mind camping when in a new city. It is a form of exploration as it will help them see more of the country’s outdoor features, and they get to learn and understand new concepts.
It will be wrong to think that a foreigner would do this alone, as the local’s help is needed. If you can be a part of the local’s camping team, everything is set for you. Always remember that there are numerous campsites in Abidjan.
How to Get There
Anytime we meet a foreigner who expresses the wish to travel to a new place, we usually ask if they know how to get there. It is not about knowing the exact way down there, but knowing the means of transportation that will safely get you to your destination.
It may seem like something that can be easily overlooked but becomes stressful when you get it wrong. Some people may say that they will use a flight to their destination, but will later get disappointed on the date when they realize that there is no direct flight from their current location down there. This is why it is important to research to know the means of transportation that will work better.
The same way many cities have a direct flight to Abidjan is the same way others do not. The availability of these flights depends on your location in the world. Countries within West Africa like Nigeria usually have flights that fly directly to Abidjan. However, if you are on another continent, it will not be easy to get a direct flight.
All hopes are not lost when you cannot get a direct flight. Understandably, using air is a comfortable means of transportation, and it is what many people desire to use. In such a case, you should fly to another place where you can get a connecting flight that takes you directly to Abidjan.
There is always a way around things, and this is a way to fix issues concerning direct flights.
We can say that using a bus to Abidjan works in almost the same way as using air, but they also operate differently at the same time.
The issue of location always comes to play as it is not feasible getting a bus across continents. If you want to use a bus to Abidjan, you should be within Africa or the West African region. If you are, you will see buses that can take you to this city. The different buses have their various schedules, and you can see some that operate different times daily or have more than one bus that leaves the city to Abidjan.
Abidjan has an excellent and accessible road network, making it effective for people to consider using buses down there as an option.
Another idea that people consider when going to a new place is via a train, and it is only feasible when there is a railway connection.
Some people might have never been on a train before, so they wish to use this opportunity and check it off from their bucket list. However, you need to first consider if there is a railway in your present location and destination and if they are both linked.
For those traveling to Abidjan, it would interest you to know that there is a railway connection. However, it will best if you do not jubilate yet as it only links to Burkina Faso. Thus, those in that country can get on a train to Abidjan, but those in other countries would have to use another means of transportation.
Hitchhiking is a means of getting to your destination without any charge. You should know that hitchhiking is possible if there is a good road network, so those who wish to reach Abidjan should not worry as the road network is excellent.
It is easier for a traveler to hitchhike when close to the city. So it would be that you are within Ivory Coast or a country near the town, such as other West African countries. It is not always certain that a driver will stop or carry you for free, as some of them will want to fare charges, even though it might be low.
However, you can try your luck as you would not know except you try.
If you are wondering if there are other ways of reaching Abidjan apart from the ones listed above, the answer to that question is no. it could be that you are wondering if you can get to the city through water bodies transport such as a ferry or boat, but this is not impossible as the facilities are not in place.
However, we are sure that you will get a transportation from the ones available from your current location. Instead of being in doubt, you should research and check the available means that you would prefer.
The aim is to reach the city safely, and you should not compromise it at any time. The fun you will have there should be your fuel in making plans.
If you have settled how to reach your destination, the next ideal thing should be to know the different available means of movement within the city. It is what helps you get from one place to the other, facilitating navigation.
It is right to research these available means to compare the prices and know which would be suitable for you while in Abidjan. Although you may not get the perfect information before you arrive in the city, it is always better to know what to expect.
You must have heard people saying that no man is an island, so you need to associate with others as you arrive in Abidjan. This way, you will have access to adequate information that will assist in moving around.
We do not think that there is any city where you cannot use your legs to move around, so we can say that walking is an efficient means of movement. However, many factors come to play when considering walking as a way of moving around the city.
Safety is usually paramount, so you need to check if the city is a safe space. We cannot say that Abidjan is the safest city globally as different crimes are happening there, so we would not say that a foreigner should walk around except if it is necessary.
It is best to walk around in groups or the company of a local as they understand the terrain better, and makes the attack lesser.
Another feasible idea for moving around when in Abidjan is to use a bicycle. It is not an uncommon sight as you will see many of the locals doing the same thing. What matters is that you know how to cycle as it can get you from one point to another.
Of course, we would not expect a foreigner to arrive in a city with a bicycle. This is where there are rental shops where you can get bicycles and use them for the duration of your stay.
You should know that the road network in Abidjan is efficient for cycling, but you should also be on the lookout and cycle safely since you are not used to the terrain and the drivers. It is best not to be in a complicated situation.
The vehicle that comes to mind when it concerns using electronic vehicles in a city is the scooter. It also helps in moving around, and we see some people hiring in place of a bicycle. There are arguments on which is easier to use between a scooter and a bicycle, and we cannot generalize as it is dependent on individual preference.
You should know that using a scooter is similar to riding a car, so you need to follow all the safety rules and regulations like obeying the traffic lights. You should also keep a watching eye on the drivers as some of them might be stubborn and not want to give way to those riding a scooter.
It is also best if you get your safety kits in case of any emergency while riding.
The public bus is an efficient way of moving around in different cities as the cities make provision for them, so it is the first point of a call for foreigners who get into the city. However, you should know that it will not be easy to understand how the system works, so it will be best to ask the locals questions on navigating.
There are many bus stations in Abidjan that can get you anywhere, even to other West African cities. However, these places are usually rowdy, so you should be on high alert because crimes like pickpocketing usually typically there. The many buses in the city assist in ensuring that people get a means of transportation whenever it is needed.
Tram, Train and Subway
Although there is a railway in Abidjan, we cannot say that using a train is a means of movement. You should know that this train only connects with Burkina Faso when it concerns international travels, so it has not yet been fully utilized.
It does not constitute much of a hassle since there are other means of movement, so you should also pick one from the available alternatives. It may be that you are used to using a train back in your home city, but you need to adapt to how things are in Abidjan.
If you are in a city that has embraced eco-friendly practices, you should know that the best way to shop is through sustainable shopping. It could be done in different ways, including buying eco-fashion clothing items.
The idea is that whatever you buy contributes positively to the environment as the materials used in producing it are not harmful to the eco-system. It is why you should know what will harm and what will protect the environment. Many of the locals in Abidjan are pro-sustainability, so you should patronize them.
Some of the food markets in Abidjan are:
- Grand Marche de Marcory: We earlier highlighted some of the special meals in Abidjan. If you would love to prepare them, there is no way you can avoid visiting the food market to get those unique ingredients. It has an array of items that cut across different cultures and traditions.
- Market Treichville: It is a busy market that opens early, and some people get lost in it. Always ensure to ask questions so that you can navigate properly. Although it is not always clean, you will see anything you desire.
Some of the flea markets in Abidjan are:
- Cava Centre Artisinal de la Ville d'Abidjan: It has an array of items, especially those that showcase the beauty of Africa, and you cannot leave this market without buying anything. The majority of its items are sustainable, so it is one of the best places to practice sustainable shopping in Abidjan. The many things you will see will leave you confused sometimes, and you may need to ask questions for better clarification so that you will only buy the best.
Second Hand Stores
Some people do not want to hear about buying things in a second-hand store, but we can assure you that there is no much difference between buying new items and purchasing second-hand items. Many sellers know that people will not buy their goods if it is of low quality, so they only display the best even if it is second-hand.
You will see different second-hand stores in Abidjan, ranging from those focusing on clothes to those on furniture, electronics, and much more.
Many locals in Abidjan are known for their love for fashion, so it is not out of place that there are many fashion and runway events in the city. If you love the concept of eco-fashion, you will be thrilled as it is what many of the models wear.
You know that these clothing items will look unique and outstanding, so why don’t you purchase eco-fashion clothing as well? The local sellers will be happy that you patronized their business, and the quality of the clothing will please you as well.
Plastics are the most typical recycling items, and you will always hear people say that plastic thrash should be separated from regular waste during disposal.
We know that many people do not adhere to it, which is why organizations focus on the separation of thrash to get the plastics and other items that can be recycled.
People say that recycling has come to stay in Abidjan, and we cannot agree less as many of the locals now know the importance, and they put effort into it.
It will not be right if there is no proper waste management system in Abidjan as some organizations in the city focus on recycling, so it does not make sense that there is no one in charge of waste management.
An analysis was done, and it was agreed that Abidjan produces much waste yearly, so there are plans in place for another sand fill that will help thrash disposals and waste management. It is relieving to know that they care about waste management in this city.
Work and Study Abroad
When people get the opportunity to school somewhere, they also desire to work, and staying ideal will not bring in the needed funds. If you are schooling in Abidjan and wish to work, we can say that it is acceptable. However, your significant constraint will be the language barrier.
This is why it is right to pick up some phrases from the local language as you get into a new place, as you never can tell when it will come in handy. Working and studying abroad is possible in Abidjan.
It is common to see many international students in various universities across Abidjan as their schools collaborate with other schools and get exchange students. Most of them also desire to work while studying as they believe that it will help them understand and explore the city.
You can do many things as an exchange student, but the top goal should be to enjoy the city as you do not know if you will get another chance to come back. You should also know that the locals are welcoming towards international students.
Many people say that being a nanny is the concept of the au pair, and we say that it is not far from it. Child care is what many people will get when checking through au pair websites, but it comes in handy as a way of earning money.
The idea is to check the website for available jobs and connect with the poster. Sometimes, you may get free accommodation.
You must understand what it takes before you apply to be a volunteer in a new place. The idea is to help the city on the path you choose without expecting anything in return.