Eco-friendly travel guide to Acapulco advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Acapulco, Mexico.
- Air quality: 4.5 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 4 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 4 / 5
- Public transportation: 3.5 / 5
- Parks: 4 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 4.5 / 5
- Locals' English level: 3 / 5
- Safety: 3.5 / 5
- Accommodation: US$20 - $100
- Budget per day: US$41 - $50
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Acapulco de Juárez or Acapulco is a North American city located in Mexico. With a population of an estimated 1 million inhabitants, Acapulco is a beautiful town at the seaport in the state of Guerrero on the Pacific coast of Mexico, which is 240 miles to the south of Mexico City. It is situated on a deep semicircular Bay, which has a port back to the Colonial rule. The port it has is well connected to San Francisco, California, and the United States of America and is often used for shipping and cruise line related work. Acapulco is the largest city in the state, which is even larger than the capital Chilpancingo. This city has Mexico’s largest beach and Resort city, making it famous among other Mexican cities. You will find some of the oldest Beach Resorts dating back to about 1940 to 1960, which were once trendy tourist Resorts. It now attracts lesser tourists due to the massive upsurge of gang violence. Though it is the second deadliest city in Mexico and the second deadliest city globally, it has some beautiful places to visit, and we cannot deny that it still preserves its beauty to the same extent as of the past.
- Cycling around the city is a good idea: Responsible travel means reducing your carbon footprint and making environmentally friendly choices. Choosing to cycle around the city will not only be great for the environment but will also keep you healthy. Another major benefit is that you can discover the city properly. One thing to keep in mind is that it might not be too safe to cycle at night and even during the day, try to stick to areas with other tourists.
- Walking: Walking is not only a healthy choice but it will also help you discover the unseen nooks and crannies of the city. It is also the most environmentally option for moving around the city.
- Public transport: You can always use Public transport or shared transport for travelling around the city and covering longer distances. It is far more eco friendly than hiring your private car/taxi as less carbon emission is produced and there is less traffic on the road as well.
- Metal Straws: Every year millions of plastic straws are thrown into the sea which has been extremely harmful for sea creatures. Carrying metal straws is a very simple but a very effective way of reducing your own carbon footprint and playing your part as a responsible tourist.
Air Quality and Pollution
The city of Acapulco has a pretty good air quality index, which remains around 46 US AQI, which is fairly low than the recommended harmful levels of air pollution that is 100 AQI. The main air pollutant is pm 2.5, which remains to the concentration of about 11.1 micrograms per cubic meter. This concentration is well above 24h as per the WHO guideline of 20 micrograms per cubic. Despite having a good general air quality, Acapulco is a chief producer of various resources and contributes to 26% of the state's GDP, making it prone to pollution from factories. 50% of the pollution that exists comes from the smoke of cars and trucks, according to the survey. With the increasing concerns of air pollution, you can always contribute to a better environment by supporting eco-friendly travel and using as few private motor vehicles as you can. This would help not only the air of the city but also the global environment in general.
Respect the Culture
The history of Acapulco is even older than the history of Bollywood and was a beautiful beach destination liked by personalities like Elizabeth Taylor and Elvis Presley. Acapulco is a city located in Guerrero, which has been an important part of the beginning of the great indigenous Empire that ruled the whole of Mexico. Today Nahua people are the largest native group, with approximately 1.7 million natives living in Mexico. Significant traces of Ancient culture dating back to almost 500 A.D., has remained in the city despite the Spanish conquest. Some people say that the city got its name from a Nahua love story where Prince Acatl (reed) fell in love with Princess Quiahuith (rain). The glimpse of the city's rich culture can be very well seen in the food of the region as well. Corn has been a staple diet for the people, which records a rich history dating back to nearly 9000 years now, much before going ubiquitous at the Global scale. Nava people also have a great influence on chocolate exotic sauce, rich meat dishes and mouth-watering Savory ingredients. There are various beautiful buildings that you can witness when you are traveling in Acapulco. It has a beautiful Cathedral painted in blue and beautiful Gothic buildings of darker shades.
What makes the culture of a place is their food, art, music and the people. You have to respect all these things. Try to eat different things and visit theatres and music festivals.
Top 10 Places to Visit
Acapulco has some beautiful places to visit. From museums to beaches to parks etc. You will have an amazing time discovering these places. Some of the places that should be on your list when travelling to Acapulco are:
- La Quebrada: It is a ravine and one of the most famous tourist attractions in Acapulco, Mexico. There is a lot of entertainment for tourists who love diving and swimming in natural environments like ledges on the Cliff. Though Cliff diving has been popular for a long time now, La Quebrada Cliff Divers has been recently formed.
- Barra Vieja Beach: It is a beautiful beach on the Mexican Pacific coast located in the Apple core municipality within Guerrero. Its famous for its mesmerising views and magical sunsets. The name comes from the beautiful sandbanks and sediments that accumulate at the mouth of the river Papagayo at sea. It is located 30 kilometers East of the city of Acapulco after the Acapulco International Airport.
- Punta Diamante: It has recently been renovated and has emerged as a wonderful tourist site with luxury Hotels and restaurants that are an ideal place for travelers seeking romance and peace amidst the hustle and bustle.
- Capilla de la Paz (Chapel of Peace): A beautiful Chapel located on a Hillside, 1200 feet above sea level, marked by a 130 foot cross with a contemporary design. It overlooks the Acapulco Bay and welcomes visitors since 1970. It was built to memorize two brothers who died in a plane crash and is a standard symbol of peace. It is visible from almost anywhere in the City and is itself pretty minimalistic in design.
- Playa Pie de la Cuesta: You will have a peaceful, relaxing time on the ocean side with a beautiful beach where you can walk, enjoy a cocktail, horseback ride, or simple sightseeing. This place introduces you to the calmness of nature and the beauty it holds. It is a small Beach Resort town that contains a Lagoon and water skiing facility. It is an absolute Paradise for experienced swimmers.
- Costera: It is located in the Acapulco Golden zone. You will see a lot of hotels and restaurants in the place where you can thoroughly enjoy and relax in the evenings. It is also one of the most vibrant places for walking and sightseeing that you could find in Acapulco. New light shrubs and pedestrian crosswalks have also been added with a new sculpture for beautiful pictures.
- Laguna de Tres Palos: A freshwater lagoon that is located to the east of the city and is a great place for viewing and admiring wildlife along with enjoying water sports. It contains exotic natural beauty in the vast stretch of 15 kilometers with many flora and fauna. You will witness beautiful water birds and mangroves if you navigate the place properly.
- Isla la Roqueta: It is a beautiful small island with nice beaches, restaurants, and a zoo, which you would love to explore with a glass-bottom boat. It is located off the coast of Acapulco and is an ideal spot for travelers looking for peace and relaxation. It has got golden sand beaches and a hiking network with trails.
- El Fuerte de San Diego: An 18th century Spanish Fortress that has been turned into a museum. It is chosen as a site for festive gatherings by the locals and would give you a beautiful backdrop for amazing photos on your trip. It was formerly known as Fort of San Carlos. It carried with its rich history and was built by the Spanish Empire along the Pacific coast. You would notice an irregular yet beautiful Pentagon shaped structure, for which the place is famous.
- Mural Diego Rivera: A beautiful site which Treasure is the painting by a famous Mexican painter called Diego María de la Concepción Juan Nepomuceno Estanislao de la Rivera y Barrientos Acosta y Rodríguez, who is one of the most significant and famous Mexican artists whose efforts have helped the establishment of Mexican mural art moment. You can feel the amazement at the site of the paintings that he has created so far and fall in love with Mexican culture if you visit that place.
The night clubs and nightlife have been a major attraction in Acapulco. There are various nightclubs that you can see as you travel along. Another attraction for you to explore maybe La Quebrada Cliff Divers. There are several beaches that you can see in Acapulco. You can always enjoy boat riding, horseback riding, Scuba Diving, and other aquatic sports. There are also various historic buildings and The fort Of San Diego that remind the natives of the pirate attacks in 1616.
The city has beautiful parks that would welcome you with warmth. Some of the famous City Parks are listed below.
- Parque Papagayo: It is a recreational spot that has attracted many tourists with love for nature. It is a beautiful and refreshing space. It has a green area that includes a beautiful children's park that is ideal for Mexican families and loved by the tourists.
- Parque de la Reina: A beautiful city park that is ordained with greenery all around and is loved by Taurus because of the characteristic structure that it has. You can experience calmness and tranquillity in the greenery that the place holds.
- Castillo del Rey León: It is a beautiful Beach Club Pak, just a bus ride away from Acapulco town's full stop. It features a volleyball court full of water slides and sandy beaches that you would adore. You can find a beautiful backdrop for images to click on. It serves you Exotic Mexican food as well.
Being a major attraction for its natural beauty, Acapulco has a rich collection of Parks. There are plenty of National Parks that are created and protected by the government. They are a must visit on your trip to Acapulco. You can choose to go on guided tours as well so you get to know about the details and history of these in dept
- El Veladero National Park: It is a beautiful National Park located to the southwest of El Veladero. It is a protected mountain that traverses an area of 3160 hectares that is 7,800 acres. It was preserved with the intent of improving the environment of the area and protecting the indigenous wildlife as well as vegetation. You can find songbirds, ospreys, iguanas, and boas in the national parks.
The beautiful city is located on the sea coast and is home to beautiful beaches where you can relax yourselves and enjoy the sunset and sunrise. The water doesn't fail to amaze you with its high waves. Given below is a list of beaches that you could add to your travel destination list.
- Barra Vieja Beach: It is a popular yet peaceful beach often visited by tourists from various places.
- Playa Pie de la Cuesta: A beach that would amaze you with its beautiful scenery and where you can enjoy cocktails, swimming, and horseback riding.
- Playa Condesa: One of the most famous beaches in Acapulco with loads of restaurants and gay-friendly areas.
- Playa Pichilingue: A beautiful white sandy beach where you can enjoy the tropical sun and relax. It can only be reached by boat.
- Playa Revolcadero: It is not only beautiful but also home to many luxurious and grand hotels.
- Bahia de Puerto Marques: A great place for swimming and enjoying water sports along with good restaurants.
- Hornos Beach: This one is famous for being a practice place of Olympic gold medalist Apolonio Castillo.
Place with a rich history, Acapulco has various landmarks that mark its culture, tradition, and lifestyle of the people that have preserved their traditions for long. Given below are some beautiful and famous landmarks of this Mexican City for your reference.
- Capilla de la Paz (Chapel of Peace): It is a majestic Chapel located on a Hillside, 1200 feet above sea level, marked by a 130-foot cross. If you are a fan of contemporary architecture then you will love this Chapel. It overlooks the Acapulco Bay and has been welcoming visitors since 1970. It was built to memorize two brothers who died in a plane crash and is a standard symbol of peace. It is visible from almost anywhere in the City and is itself pretty minimalistic in design.
- Punta Diamante: It has been recently renovated and has emerged as a wonderful tourist site with luxury Hotels and restaurants that are an ideal place for travellers seeking romance and peace amidst the busy place.
- Mural Diego Rivera: It is a beautiful Mural painted by famous Mexican painter called Diego María de la Concepción Juan Nepomuceno Estanislao de la Rivera y Barrientos Acosta y Rodríguez, who is one of the most significant and famous Mexican artists whose efforts have helped the establishment of Mexican mural art moment. It is a magnificent piece of art that is not to be missed.
- Our Lady of Solitude Cathedral Acapulco: Also known as the Acapulco cathedral, is the main Catholic temple of Acapulco. It is located in the center of the city in front of Alvarez square. It is architecturally superior to any other building that you could find in the place with a beautiful dome and Towers giving a touch of neo-colonial architecture with a Moorish and Byzantine style. The gold tiles and mosaic designs decorate the interior of the church most beautifully.
Acapulco is a beautiful city that has a rich history. Given below are some of the museums that you can visit to witness the rich history, culture, and art that the place holds within itself to give you beautiful memories.
- El Fuerte de San Diego: It is an 18th century Spanish Fortress that has been turned into a museum. It is chosen as a site for festive gatherings by the locals and would give you a beautiful backdrop for amazing photos on your trip. It was formerly known as Fort of San Carlos. It carried with its rich history and was built by the Spanish Empire along the Pacific coast. You would notice an irregular yet beautiful Pentagon shaped structure, for which the place is famous.
- Acapulco historical museum: It is a beautiful local history Museum located in Acapulco famous Fort of San Diego. It has a water body by its side, which adds to the beauty of the place where you can see people enjoying boating and the beautiful breeze that flows to the fort. It is an informative museum that measures the role of Spanish trade with the East, dating back to 1450 to 1600.
- Museo Historico de Acapulco: It is an excellent museum that exhibits the history of the Invaders, early colonialism, and the influence of trade with China and the Philippines back from 1400 to 1600. It has got a beautiful and unique design which is thoroughly appreciated by the visitors of the place.
- Centro Cultural de Acapulco: It is yet another grand Museum as well as the beautiful art gallery that exhibits amazing paintings, rotating art exhibits, and workshops in music are offered by the museum. It would give you various opportunities to appreciate the rich art that Acapulco has treasured for years.
- Galería Las Brisas: It is a beautiful art gallery located in hotel Las Brisas that allows you not only to adore Mexican art but also so by buying paintings made by America's most renowned artists like Diego Rivera and Sergio Bustamante. It overlooks beautiful mountains and the city side view witnessing greenery as well as a water body.
- The naval history museum: It is a beautiful museum that Treasures Acapulco history with its amazing Maritime or defects and large replicas of historical ships. The beautiful shipwrecked because it is assembled from up to 30 thousand pieces of multiple types of wood. They have good hospitality and a warm welcome. You are briefed with different shapes, different types of words, cargo, sales, and other components that are necessary for a Voyage.
- Casa de Mascaras or the House of Mask: A Museum located at Acapulco Port, which Treasures different masks from 7 regions of the state of Guerrero as well as Puebla, Michoacán, and Morelos. These masks can be categorized into two types, one being decorative and the other used by dancers. This beautiful Museum was built back in 1999 by Blanca Villalba de Uruñuela and Sergio Suárez with their private collection of masks.
- Galería Abraham Ramírez: Yet another beautiful Art Gallery that features an exotic bronze sculpture along with various beautiful oil and watercolor paintings that have been made by contemporary artists of Mexico and other places. You will surely be mesmerized by the unique style of art measured in the place if you are a lover of modern art. Here not only can you admire their beauty but also you can buy those paintings.
In the amazing city of Acapulco, you can find equally amazing food to satisfy your taste buds. The native people know it very well to best use vegetables raisins as well as non-vegetarian items. At some places, you can also find food and meals being celebrated along with dances, bands, and other different ways of entertainment. Pozole is the traditional dish of Acapulco. It is a tasty soup which is made with hominy, beef broth, pork, and chicken. You can also have rolled corn tortillas filled with chicken, beef, or seafood. Enchiladas Suizas is a dish covered with special green Salsa and sour cream. Sopes or Chalupas are flat cakes made with tortilla dough, fried beans, cabbage, and cream.
Traditional Local Restaurants
Given below is a list of various restaurants that you can consider while searching for traditional food.
- Zibu - It is an exotic Mexican restaurant that serves seafood, Asian, vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free food. Their menu also includes a risotto-style dish with Octopus, shrimp and squid marinated with Ginger butter and Thai red chilli.
- 100% Natural – This restaurant has various branches spread across Acapulco. At this place, you can get hold of different variations of classical Mexican lunch foods which do not contain gluten.
- Becco al Mare - It is not only a great restaurant but is also famous for its beautiful architecture which would give you a wholesome experience of seafood, snapper, lobster, mahi-mahi and shrimp in its menu. You can easily find great quality wine cellars with over a variety of 600 different labels. It is a perfect combination of both ancient as well as modern dining habits.
- La Cabaña de Caleta - It is an elegant Palm Beach House Restaurant welcoming its visitors for almost 50 years now with a warm welcome and amazing services. You will find oysters, seafood Cocktail, fish, soup, grilled snapper and garlic prawns as a part of their menu.
Other well visited restaurants include.
- El Cabrito
- La Trainera
- La Casa de Tere
- Tacos Tumbles
Vegetarian and Vegan
For Travellers like you who give importance to a vegetarian and vegan diet, Acapulco has many options to choose from given. Below are some of the restaurants that you may be searching for.
- Questa Pasta
- 100% Natural
- Carlos n Charlie's Acapulco
- Tony's Bistro
- Harry's Acapulco
- Il Forno Di Gio Acapulco
- e La Finca Acapulco
- Verde Vegan
- La Casa de la Pasta
- Mi Piaci
Acapulco has got amazing street food options for foodies like you. There are various street food restaurants as well as intense dishes.
- Scala Sea Club
- Camaron Pelao
When it comes to the variety of drinks that Mexico and Acapulco can give you, you will have as many options as you can count. Mexico has many drinks other than a glass of Margarita to offer you. Here is a list of some drinks that you can try when traveling the place.
- Bloody Maria
- Agua de Jamaica
- Red River Margarita
- Cerveza Margarita
- The Rosada
- Mexican Ponche
- The Carajillo
- Aguas Frescas
- Prickly Pear Margarita
Though there is not much data available about the quality of tap water that is available in Acapulco, it is certainly advised by experts and the natives that you should not directly drink tap water without filtering or prior treatment. The travelers and natives of Mexico have rated high water pollution and low water quality. Because of this, it is not advisable to consume water directly from the tap.
There are various organic cafes present in Acapulco where you can thoroughly enjoy yourself and avail of the dine-in and take away facility. Given below is a list of some of the Mini cafes that you can find in Acapulco.
- 100% Natural Magallanes
- Verde vegan
- Cafe W Costera
- Tony's Bistro Acapulco
- 100% Natural Cafe del Muelle
- 100% Natural Costa Azul
- Paititi del Mar
- Oh My Gut
When it comes to alcohol, Mexico has many options. You don't have good quality bru but also a whole lot of different varieties that you can choose from. The biggest brewery in the region is Grupo Modelo, whose major beer brands are Specifico and Corona beer. There are other breweries as well, which are lesser-known. One of them is Tecate and Sol, which sells lesser-known brands called Bohemia and XX. Corona is a famous Mexican beer which almost everybody has heard of. Almost any restaurant in Acapulco can serve you this brand.
This beautiful city e is a beachside location, and it is bound to amaze you with different activities you can do. You can visit the beach and enjoy the calmness, and you can also play watersports and scuba diving. The beachside location presents before you mesmerizing weather conditions.
Yoga and Retreats
With the increasing health concern as well as consciousness about total internal well-being, people of Acapulco have become highly conscious about their mental as well as physical health and fitness. They have thoroughly adopted sports and yoga as a part of their life. There are various yoga centers that you can look for in Acapulco. Given below is a list of some of these yoga Retreat centers.
- Club de Yoga Integral Namaste
- Oná Pilates Studio
- Yoga Devanand
- Aca Fit Diamante
- Acapulco Scuba Centre
- Smart Lobb Gym
- AM Studio
- Gymnasia Fuerza Gymnastics ACA
- Casas del Acantilado
- Bambuddha Holistic Centre
Being a very famous place, Acapulco has a range of different accommodation options for you according to your preference. You can get Green hotels, guest houses, and apartments to stay. Let's look at some of the options that you can avail for accommodation.
There are lesser Green hotels in Acapulco, but you certainly have one option if you search for an eco-friendly place to stay in the City. There is a Green Hotel called Wayahnb’al eco-hotel boutique, located within a distance of 5 miles from Chapel of peace. This beautiful Green Hotel has an outdoor swimming pool, free access to Wi-Fi Garden, and non-smoking rooms. It also gives you the facility of a restaurant and a shared lounge and bar. Every room is very comfortable and includes a private bathroom, seating area, and a desk. Enjoy Continental breakfast and take the view of the sun terrace. It is 6 miles away from the Navy historical museum and 7 miles away from the Acapulco convention center. This hotel also serves you with a paid airport shuttle service.
Hostels and Guest Houses
There are many hostel and guest houses that you can look for in the City. Given below is the list of some of these for your reference.
- Habitación Privada, cerca de playa
- Casa Giovanna Acapulco
- BnB Pier d Luna
- Hotel Olimar
- Hotel Y Bungalows Olivares
- Hostal Bahía
- Casa Om
- Casa Grande Diamante
- Hotel Bungalows Puerto Angel
- Hotel Montemar
You can also find comfortable apartments in Acapulco. Some of these Apartments have been listed below for your assistance.
- Vista 213 - Grand Casa Blanca is located 1.6 km from Caleta y Caletilla Beaches. It provides you free Wi-Fi, air conditioning, a restaurant, and access to the garden with a beautiful outdoor pool. This apartment comes with a comfortable 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a fully equipped dining area and kitchen. Towel and bed linens are also provided for your convenience. It is 19 kilometers away from General Juan N Alvarez International Airport.
- Palacio Mundo Imperial hotel - It is located in Acapulco's Diamante district. It has 6 pools with exclusive children's club and games like Tennis for volleyball. It is a luxury resort that offers Spa services world-class dining and entertainment options. You get access to a 10,000 square meter Garden and the jogging track. You can also avail of Wi-Fi access and velvet parking. 6 restaurants offer a variety of Mexican, Mediterranean, and Italian cuisine.
- Calinda Beach Hotel - It is located in the heart of the Golden zone of Acapulco. The tower that it has is a beautiful landmark in Acapulco Bay. This hotel has many swimming pools and a beautiful sandy beach. It is within walking distance of the convention center and many shopping malls.
Acapulco offers you various options for Couchsurfing, where you can meet and interact with locals and travelers according to your choice and preference. You may also find accommodation with a host in Acapulco. The locals are delighted in conversing with people from different places, and therefore your Couchsurfing experience would be a success.
There are many options for you to camp with your family in the city of Acapulco. Given below are some sites which you can consider for camping.
- One Acapulco Diamante
- Calinda Beach Acapulco
- Cocos Camp
- Acapulco trailer park
- Cancha trailer park
- Rv park Diamante Acapulco
- Amigos del Mar
- Palacio Mundo Imperial
How to Get There
Being quite a visited tourist place, there are many options that you can have to reach to Acapulco. You can come by air by us or trained depending upon your budget and convenience.
The main airport of Acapulco, which is officially known as “General Juan N Alvarez International Airport” is the primary airport of Acapulco is situated approximately 26 kms. from Acapulco. It is a public airport which is one of the top 15 airports in Mexico City in terms of services operations and international charter flights. It has various facilities for its passengers like restaurants, VIP lounges, and several Gates equipped with jetways, passenger terminals and general aviation terminal.
There is no direct bus from Mexico City to Acapulco. But you can always find connecting versus if you want to reach Acapulco only by bus.
Passenger trains are not common. Freight trains are common in the city. Most people use buses, cars, taxis etc to move around the city.
The natives of the place are always ready to help, and you can hitchhike in emergencies. If you can easily get a vehicle hitchhiking is not advisable, but you will be helped out by the locals if you cannot find your way to your destination. The locals are amiable, but experts advise you to be wary of pickpockets and scammers.
You can always get a private taxi to reach Acapulco. It is a busy city, and you would not have any problem in finding a suitable private vehicle for yourself if you do not want to engage in traveling by bus or train.
Moving around is not difficult in the city. There are many options from walking to bicycling to public transport.
Walking around is always a good idea if you are a supporter of eco-friendly travel. It not only allows you to help the air of the place but also so lets you have a close insight into the lives of natives.
Moving around the city with your bicycle is a welcome move amidst the eco-friendly travel. It also lets you tackle traffic with ease and save time, which you may have spent waiting for the jam to relieve.
The government, as well as locals, have started to think about the environment, which has made them put in a significant effort in the field of electric vehicles. You will find the electric vehicle business growing. There are various charging stations in Mexico for you to charge your electric vehicle. There is a great deal of electric vehicle production in Mexico, a welcome move to increase pollution and environmental concerns.
Public buses are also available and advisable for minimum pollution. They also so help you reach your destination with minimum fare and maximum convenience. It may sometimes become a bit difficult to get a public bus, but you can choose it over a private vehicle for sure.
Tram, Train and Subway
Trams, trains and Subways are not available in the city.
Sustainable shopping projects are plenty in Mexico. There are so many local artisans doing amazing work and creating sustainable products like jewellery, clothes and what not. You just have to visit the local markets and have a look around. Sustainable shopping is a great way to help the environment and also support the local artisans.
There are many food markets in Acapulco. Some of these famous markets have been listed below for your assistance.
- Mercado Mariscos
- Elisaac Cremeria
- Neto puerto Marquez playa
- Oxxo Rancho Acapulco
- Pescados y Mariscos El Barquito
You can easily find various flea markets in Acapulco. Some of the well-visited flea markets have been listed below for your assistance.
- Craft market El Pueblito
- Mercado El Parazal
- Mercadito Santa Cruz
- Mercado artesanias la diana
Second Hand Stores
Listed below are some well-known second-hand stores where you can find quality second-hand stuff that you want.
- Av Gran Bazar
- Bizarre Bazaar Bazaar
- Hielos Laurita
Sustainable Eco-fashion has been gaining both acceptance as well as popularity in Acapulco. Many companies have gone sustainable with eco-friendly and stylish clothing as well as footwear.
There are centers where you can recycle the used material in Acapulco. Some of these recycling centers are listed below for your assistance.
- Acopio Acapulco Petstar
- Subprod Reproce de Occ
The poor disposal of hazardous waste has led to the development of various problems in the city. When can it be seen roaming on the beaches, which is enough for the problem to be recognized? There is a lot of poverty in the region, which has led to people choosing jobs like rag picking. The garbage has slowly started accumulating on the beaches and the Bay. Most of the trash removal is carried out during the offseason. However, it is still not able to control the ever-increasing rate of accumulation of non-biodegradable waste and deterioration of water and soil quality.
Work and Study Abroad
There are opportunities to work and study in Mexico but it is mostly seen as a holiday destination which means that the prospects are somewhat limited. For remote work it is a good place but high speed internet is not guaranteed. Other factors that play a part are the security situation. While Acapulco is a safe place for tourists, it is not the safest place for its residents and people wanting to live here for a long time.
Some of the universities in Acapulco that accept international students are listed below:
- American University of Acapulco
- Acapulco Institute of Technology
Au pair is a a concept that is slowly catching up in Mexico but it is not something that is too popular. The locals are not too accustomed to the idea and while they want to work as Au Pairs in other countries, the market for Au Pairs in Mexico itself is not great. You can search for options online but be very careful because the chances of getting scammed are very high.
Acapulco angels is an organization that lets you volunteer for a good cause in the city. You can always help the needy by donating to this organization. It carries out various activities like childcare and fundraising. If you go to this place, you can have your breakfast and dinner with the children.