Eco-friendly travel guide to Busan advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Busan, South Korea.
- Air quality: 3.5/ 5
- Exploring by foot: 2/ 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 2 / 5
- Public transportation: 4 / 5
- Parks: 4 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 4.5 / 5
- Locals' English level: 4 / 5
- Safety: 4.5 / 5
- Accommodation: US$30 - $200
- Budget per day: US$30 - $250
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Busan is the second-largest city in South Korea, and it has strengths that steadily attract foreigners. The locals are used to seeing tourists around, and it could be for diverse reasons, including their beaches and film festivals.
The people of the city are generally welcoming, but some things you do could make you land on their bad books. Thus, you must be careful not to do anything that is out of line.
As a responsible traveler and tourist in this city, you must not litter! It is a punishable offense to litter the streets of Busan, and you would not get away with it as CCTV cameras are monitoring all activities.
It is also advised that foreigners use public transportation as the movement here can be tiring.
Air Quality and Pollution
It is commendable when we see people adding health concerns to boxes they check before embarking on a new city journey. One primary problem that bothers people is the air quality and pollution.
If Busan is your chosen city for your next visit, you should understand that they are trying to curb air pollution. It is not something that can magically be stopped, but they are slowly getting there.
If we are to rate the air quality of the city, it would be an average mark, making it safe for foreigners. Fumes from vehicles are one of the major causes of air pollution in the city as people are always moving from one point to the other.
Busan is against public activities that affect the quality of the air.
Respect the Culture
They say that respect is reciprocal, so you need to be on your best behavior in any city if you want to have a good rapport with the locals.
All South Korean cities have a culture that is anything engaging in a public display of affection. It is seen as a lousy behavior, and the locals take it as disrespectful. Ensure not to do this when you are in Busan.
It is also proper for you to receive something from someone with both hands; the people take it as appropriate etiquette. If you are on a public bus, you should not be noisy. The idea here is not to bring discomfort to the next person.
If you visit anyone in this city, you must take off your shoes at the door else they will see you as disrespectful.
Top 10 Places to Visit
Here are some of the famous places in the city:
• Beomeosa: Buddhism is one of the main religions in the city, and it would interest you to visit one of the temples that it over 1300 years old. If not for anything, the architectural view is exceptional.
• Sea Life Busan Aquarium: You already know what to expect from an aquarium, and the feeding time at this place is when you would have the most fun.
• Biff Square: Films are one of the major selling points in Busan, so it is right for you to visit one of the cinemas in the city as it would be a pleasant experience.
• Geumjeongsan: It is one of the mountains in the city and has four peaks, giving you different views and angles that you will enjoy. It is also a perfect-picture taking spot for foreigners.
• Song Marine Cable Car: Have you been on a cable car before? If no, ensure to grab the opportunity and get on one when you visit Busan.
• Busan Port: Busan is a busy city, and some people visit for business purposes. It is not out of place for you to visit the largest port in South Korea and understand more things.
• Heosimcheong: It is the largest hot spring spa in Asia, with royal history. There is also a restaurant at this place where you can fuel your belle.
• Dadaepo Sunset Fountain of Dream: The colorful nature of this place from the illuminated lights appeals to many and makes it popular. It is also a spot for shows and concerts.
• Seven Luck Casino: If you are adventurous, you might want to try your luck with the Casino when in Busan. You will meet many people here and have a swell time.
• Seokbulsa: It is one of the Buddha temples on a Cliffside, and has beautiful engravings.
If you want to talk about range of places where tourists can visit, Busan ranks high amongst many cities. There is no need to doubt this as you can see it in the number of foreigners who always visit the city.
One common factor in all foreigners is the urge to explore irrespective of whatever they came to do in the city. If there are no good places, they would write off the city and not return. No city would want such reviews, so there is the creation of areas for entertainment.
You have many places to visit in Busan, and it is left to you to plan your schedule to fit everything in place. You may need a return visit to fish all the tourist attractions.
There are many parks in Busan, but here are some that are strictly under the coverage of the city:
• 부산시민공: If you are feeling overwhelmed in the city and wish to relax in a serene environment, you should visit this park. It is large, allowing you to explore different areas. You should know that it was once a Japanese army base.
• 어린이대공: It is one of the amusement parks in the city, and people like to associate it with children. However, you need to let out your inner child from time to time, so it is an excellent place to visit. It also has a range of activities that you can indulge.
• Taejongdae Resort Park: It is one of the top tourist attractions in the city, and captivates people more because it is well-maintained. You can do at this place, and the lushness gives you a comforting vibe. You would not regret visiting this place.
Having covered the city parks, here are the national parks in Busan:
• APEC나루공원: One peak and highlight of this place is that it has a running track, and the road network is also perfect to cycle a bicycle. The people who visit this place can always engage in one activity or the other, so you know that you would have a fulfilling time. The environment is also beautiful and appealing to the eyes.
• Yongdusan Park: This Park is nothing short of beautiful, and you can confirm this claim from the flowers you would see. It is always pleasing to be there, and it brings smiles on the faces of everyone who visit. It is a perfect place to have picnics, and the view is also exceptional.
If you mention Busan, one of the first things anyone would associate this city with is the beaches. Thus, foreigners are always eager to explore these beaches when they visit the city.
Some of these beach options are:
• Haeundae Beach: Some people might say that this is the busiest beach in Busan, and that is because it is always busy. There are many entertaining activities to do at this place, one of which is the Polar Bear Club event. It involves participants bathing in the freezing water. It is one memory that you would treasure for years.
• Songdo Beach: It is the first beach in Korea, and has a cable car passing over it. Thus, you can get rides when you visit this beach. The lushness surrounding this beach is also a plus.
When you are not familiar with a terrain, the best thing to do is to know the landmarks, as they will help you out in navigating a city.
Foreigners are always eager to know the landmarks of a new city as it is not a pleasant experience to get missing while exploring. It is going to dampen your mood, and no one wants that while on holiday.
Some landmarks in Busan are:
• Busan Tower: It is 120 meters high and hard to miss when you are in the city. Some people leverage it to get a perfect view of the port.
• Yeongdodaegyo Bridge: This Bridge gets daily liftings, and it is almost impossible not to notice it when you are in the city. It is one great tourist guide.
People could visit the museum to feed their eyes, appreciate arts and cultural works, learn more about the city, and much more. There are no limitations to the essence of visiting a museum, and it is part of the exploration that foreigners do in a new city.
You should check out some of these museums in Busan:
• Busan Museum of Art: If you love artworks, this museum is for you as it allows you to appreciate various options. It also has a sculptural garden.
• The Korea National Maritime Museum: It is the third-largest museum in Korea and gives you more details of maritime activities. It houses the most massive replica of the Joseon Missional Ship. You will be amazed by the things you will see here.
If you are in Busan, you cannot miss the fact that it is a coastal city, and most of its main local dishes have something to do with seafood.
They always look appetizing, and your tastebuds would be eager to try new things. Dong-nae pajeon is the Busan replica of the typical pancakes that everyone loves. However, we can call this the seafood version made with any desired seafood and green onion. It is a combination that you should try when you are in the city.
Japchae is the Korean replica of stir-fry noodles, and we know that your mouth might already be watering at the possibility. It has a distinct taste that would have you asking for more.
Busan has a variety of captivating food options.
Traditional Local Restaurants
Since we have already introduced you to the local meals in Busan, it would be right to complete our job and let you know where you can enjoy them in the city.
Thus, here are some of Busan’s traditional local restaurants:
• Jangsusam: Some foreigners fear that they may not get a favorable reception at local restaurants, but you should not have such worries in this place. It has an array of local food options that would leave you drooling from the door. They also offer top quality services.
• Mugunghwa: It is one thing to get good food, but it is another thing to enjoy it in a perfect environment. The atmosphere of this place is always excellent to enjoy local meals, and the food is always delicious.
Vegetarian and Vegan
While talking about local meals, we know that some of you may be vegans. There is no need to feel sad or have a dampened mood as there are restaurants in Busan that are ready to serve your needs and let you enjoy traditional local meals to your taste.
The Vegetarian and Vegan restaurants are:
• Home Bistro and Café: No one visits here without having high commendations for the restaurant. The fact that they serve vegan options does not make their food any less tasty. They also have provisions for live music to ensure that the pace is warm and relaxing.
• Ecotopia Vegetarian Restaurant: Everything about this place warms the heart of customers, making it busy and one of the best vegan options. The meals are always delicious, and you would not regret it.
If you want to take a little diversion from the local meals in a city, the next best option would be street food. If you are confused, street foods are those quick meals you can like from shops, kiosks, and alike on the streets.
Each city has some street food options that are unique to them, and Busan is no exception. The locals in this city love pancakes, and you would see it in different variations. If you have a sweet tooth, you should buy Hotteok. A combination of all that is used to make this pancake makes it blissful in the mouth.
Soondae is the Korean version of sausages, and it is served with pig liver. It is not a bad option to try when you visit Busan.
There is a perfect bridge between food and drinks in Busan as it has a variety of drinks as it does food. These distinct local drinks could be either alcoholic or non-alcoholic. Thus, every preference is met.
Did you know that there is something called rice wine? It is the Geumjonsanseong Makgeolli in Busan and goes perfectly with any meal. People say that you have not enjoyed the city if you do not try this drink.
Daesun is a drink with different varieties in the city, and it is for those who love alcohol. It is best not sleep on it. Sengtak is also a part of the drinks options you can get in Busan.
You will be pleased with the drinks you can enjoy in this city.
South Korea does not have the best reputation when it comes to quality and drinkable tap water. Many foreigners are advised not to drink tap water in the city.
The government, individuals and some organizations are working relentlessly to ensure that this issue is rectified, and it has improved over time. However, it is best to safe than sorry. Thus, do not drink the tap water in Busan until it can be proven without any doubt that it is of top quality.
If you go to restaurants in the city, you will notice that they serve dispensed or bottled water as they are concerned about the well-being of their customers. You can purchase your bottled water from shops around the city.
We see many people desire to eat at organic cafes when in a new city, and we are here to help you with a list of some of them in Busan.
Organic cafes in Busan are:
• Nayuta Café: People enjoy quality food at this place, so it is always busy. It is best to arrive early, or you might be disappointed as the food finishes early. They have options for in-dining and takeout, so you can go with your preference. All the meals at this café are healthy.
• CAFE 051: Many people enjoy eating at this café because of its reasonable pricing. Everything at this place tastes delicious, and the atmosphere is always peaceful. You have many options to choose from the menu, and their coffee is a favorite for many people.
Since you are reading this, we would assume that you love craft beer and desire to know places in Busan to enjoy such.
Galmegi Brewing Company is one of the oldest craft beer bars in the city, but it has not lost its relevance. Despite being old, this brewery is one of the best in the city as they keep adding to their options and ensure that their drinks are nothing short of absolute quality.
If you want an upbeat environment, you should visit Wild Wave Brewing Company. It has adequate spacing with many varieties and also has provisions for live music. You will have fun at this place and can mingle with many people.
You can further explore by visiting SKÖLL Gastropub, and you will not regret doing it.
For a city that has many beaches, it is not surprising that some of its fun activities center on the water. If you are confused or wondering what they could be, fishing and kayaking are among.
Not many cities have facilities that enable its residents to engage in fishing and kayaking, but you can do it in Busan. As a foreigner, you would notice that many of the locals enjoy doing these activities, and they are ready to welcome you into their midst. If you do not know how to fish or kayak, they are willing to teach you.
Engaging in these activities is a form of bonding to the locals, so you should take advantage of it to familiarize yourself better in the city.
Yoga and Retreats
We would not say that yoga is prevalent in this city, but the people are not oblivious towards it. People are growing interest in this activity, but there are no much yoga studios to facilitate training.
Kaizen Korea is one of the few yoga studios in Busan, and the instructors strive hard to ensure that they get students to free their bodies and thoroughly enjoy this activity.
Some people blame the conservative nature of the city as one of the reasons why yoga is not popular, but it seems that it would be the talk of the town with time.
You should understand that yoga is a great exercise that helps to free your muscles, and it would be of massive help if you are an excellent yogi.
Finding the right place to lodge in Busan is never a problem as it has a range of different accommodation options. It could be that you want to stay in a hotel or guesthouse. Whatever option you desire is available in this city, but it is dependent on your budget.
Generally, accommodation is not expensive in Busan. However, you should know that there are different prices for the various lodging options.
Also, the amount you pay determines the quality of service you would get. While the management of all lodging facilities strives to ensure that their customers are comfortable, they would also give preferential treatment to those who pay higher money.
There are different room options in a hotel, and those who pay higher could get a bigger room or discount on food.
Green hotels are amongst the perfect options of places you can lodge when you are in Busan. When you lodge at a green hotel, you have the assurance that you are a responsible traveler as these hotels have eco-friendly facilities that do not pollute the environment.
If the idea of staying at a green hotel appeals to you, here are some favorable options:
• Sunset Business Hotel: It is close to the sea life aquarium and has many comfortable facilities, including an indoor restaurant. It is also close to a beach, so you know that you will get beautiful views and angles. The price of this hotel is reasonable and affordable.
• Hilton Busan: It is a five-star hotel in the city with two bars, a restaurant, a fitness room, and many other facilities. The hotel is always clean, and you will get a splendid sea view. The nature surrounding it also gives a peaceful feeling.
Hostels and Guest Houses
Hostels and guest houses are also amongst the accommodation options in Busan, and some people would prefer it as they are less expensive and budget-friendly.
Sometimes, there are fears of a place not being up to standard if it is cheap, but this does not apply to the hostels and guest houses in Busan.
Some of them are:
• We Guest House: The location of this guest house is lovely and strategic, and it is usually clean, peaceful, and quiet. The services you would get from this place are commendable, and it should be amongst your accommodation options.
• CANVAS Hostel Black: Despite the cheap price of this place, it is of high quality, and there is free Wi-Fi. There is a beach close by where you can go to relax.
This is another excellent accommodation option you can get in Busan. Lodging in an apartment is almost equivalent to being in your house, so you know that you will get top comfort, and there will be no hitches.
Some Busan apartments are:
• The Antique: It has a lovely terrace where you can spend your evenings, and pets are allowed at this apartment. There are many facilities in the rooms to ensure your comfort, but you should not smoke indoors. The bar is there for you to always unwind, and it also provides free Wi-Fi.
• Haeundae Bada Condo: It has a restaurant and an indoor pool, eliminating the need for customers to seek outdoor relaxation. However, it is also close to the beach, which is a plus. This apartment is easily accessible from the airport, so you should add it to your list of feasible Busan accommodation options.
Some people, mostly single travelers, do not like staying alone when in a new city. It could be because they do not want to look lost amongst the locals, or for other reasons. However, we have noticed that some people are usually curious about how they can put up with a local while in a new city.
Sometimes, it could also be in a bid to save money as it is common knowledge that accommodation options could be expensive, and some people are trying to stick to their budget.
Couchsurfing is a system that connects a foreigner to a local host, and it is common in Busan. Many websites are available to make this feasible, and you should surf through them for a suitable option before arriving in Busan.
If you are a lover of outdoor activities, camping will not be new to you, and it could be that you want such an experience in a new city.
There are many things afflicted with camping, and different people have various ways of making it possible. Some people could set up tents on a campsite, while others will prefer staying at a campsite with lodging facilities.
Whatever the case might be, the goal of camping is to experience nature, and it is common amongst the people of Busan.
Some people love to organize camping getaways, and it would be best for you to join them if you desire. It helps strengthen unity, and you will learn more about the city’s culture.
How to Get There
Busan is a city with many options for getting in, and it is left to the foreigner to choose a suitable option.
There are many options because one cannot guess which would be available in your location. It could be that you cannot get a flight from your location to any of the airports close to Busan, so you would need to use a boat. After all, there are water bodies and ports in the country, so why not?
Some people might prefer to drive down there, but we would advise against it as driving and parking in Busan is challenging for foreigners. If you can remember, it is a busy city, and you need experience to navigate driving in Busan. You can also use a train to this city.
Gimhae airport is the airport in Busan, and it is the third-busiest in Korea. It gets international flights from different countries, and also domestic flights from cities within the country.
This airport is home to different airlines, eliminating the possibility of not seeing a flight from your location to it. Sometimes, the issue could be that they are fully booked, and you can use a flight from your location to Seoul airport as you can access Busan from there.
Connecting the city from the airport is not an issue as there are many available transportation means. You could take a taxi or an intercity bus. There is also the option of local buses and a light rail. The best thing is for you to compare and contrast these options with your budget.
There are bus terminals in Busan that get long-distance buses from different cities regularly.
Understandably, you might not get a direct bus from another country, especially as Busan is not the capital city of South Korea. However, you can get a bus from any city in the country to Busan.
People would prefer to use a bus for different reasons, and that includes exploration. If you are on a bus, you get to see many sights and landmarks that you may not see on a boat or plane.
The hours you would use on a bus is more than what you would spend using a flight, making it one of the disadvantages. However, always remember that anything that has an advantage also has a disadvantage.
Have you ever been on a train? If no, you can be on one when you visit Busan. You cannot use a train from a different country to Busan as the trains do not have international countries on their route. However, you can get one to Busan from other Korean cities.
Thus, if you want a direct means of transportation to Busan from another country, a train will not make the list. You can use other means to directly reach this city, or arrive in another city and use a train to Busan.
There are many high-speed trains in Busan, so the duration on the train would not be overly long. It is seen as proper not to make noise on the train, and you should also be watchful of your possessions.
Hitchhiking is a way of getting a free ride from other travelers. It is common in Korea, and people do not have worries about it because the crime rate in the country is minimal.
However, we advocate that you hitchhike during the day where you have the protection of light. The easiest means of hitchhiking is to flag down a personal driver, driving to Busan. Private cars are prone to stop than public transportation. It is hard for a public vehicle to accept hitchhiking rides as it would be unfair to other passengers for you not to pay while they do.
Since some cars are usually on high-speed when traveling, they might not stop for you on highways. Thus, you would need to stay in places such as the gas station.
Another means of transportation used in getting into Busan is the boat. It operates both domestic and international locations, but it depends on your area.
Most times, people would use a boat to Japan and use another means of transportation from there to Busan. You can get a ferry to Korea, but it operates once daily.
You should know that the boats and ferries get filled early, so you should book ahead if that is your preferred means of transportation to Busan.
Since we have covered ways you can use to reach Busan, it is right for us to talk about the various means of transportation that operate within the city and aid movement.
A foreigner cannot visit a city and remain in a stagnant position. There is always the need to get from one point to the other, and it is the means of transportation within the city that will help you.
There are various options to choose from in Busan. Since it is a busy city, it makes sense for them to have different options so that the roads will not be congested. It helps people reach their destinations quicker, but you will still notice the massive number of persons on the road.
Walking is a means of movement in every city, but it is not functional in all. The smaller a city, the easier it will be for you to walk from one place to another. However, if a city is broad, you will be putting undue stress on yourself if you decide to walk.
We would advise foreigners to walk in Busan if a beach is close to your accommodation option, or you want to visit a nearby restaurant.
Busan is a big city with broad roads and a vast network as buildings are not clustered together. Thus, you will be exhausted by walking.
If you want to walk because it is a form of exercise, do so within short distances so that you will not break down.
Some people love to cycle, and they would love to rent a bicycle for movement when in a new city. You should know that what works in country A would not always work in country B.
It could be that you are used to cycling to different locations in your home city, but your orientation would change in Busan due to their driving style.
There are no cut out bike lanes in this city, so using a bicycle is usually challenging, mostly to foreigners. People are generally hurrying to different locations as a busy city, and there are many buses on the road struggling for lanes.
It is dangerous to use a bicycle between these cars as you may get involved in an accident. As a foreigner, you should stick to using a means of transportation handled by the locals.
People can use electric vehicles like a scooter in Busan as it is classified as a motorbike. However, there have been cries of concern about it as many fail to adhere to safety instructions.
For anyone to use a scooter in Busan, you must have a helmet and a driver’s license. We do not advise foreigners to do this since you are not used to the terrain of the road and the drivers.
The safety rules put in safe is to avoid loss of life, so people should always obey.
There is an adequate bus system in Busan, and the fare is usually cheap. There is no scarcity of this means of transport as there is the understanding that the city has many commuters, and there should be no delay.
Sometimes, you would need a card subscription to access the use of these buses. However, it is not something to stress your head about as a local is always ready to put you through on the process.
You should know that the roads are not always smooth due to the mountainous nature of this city, so prepare yourself for bumpy rides.
Busan people are big on respect and culture, similar to other Korean cities. Thus, there are special seats marked in yellow for older people on buses. It is not that you cannot sit on them, but you must be ready to get up when an elderly person needs a seat.
Tram, Train and Subway
There are subway cars in Busan, and they operate similarly to the public buses. It has spaces marked for the elderly, disabled, and pregnant women. You can sit on them if you do not fall into any of the categories. But you must give it up when someone of this category comes on board.
The price for these subway cars ranges, and it depends on the lines as there are four subway lines in Busan, plus an extra line that connects the airport.
It was set in place to ease the strain of commuters on public buses. The city is determined to ensure that transportation is not an issue, and they want to eliminate the idea of traffic.
We do not know if you have ever been on a subway car, but visiting in Busan would give you a pleasant experience on it.
Through sustainable shopping, you are supporting the handwork of local sellers. It is one thing for people to sell common items that can be found in every city, and it is another thing to sell something unique to a city.
By acquiring an item that is unique to a specific city, you have a memorial of the city of life and would never forget your experience there.
As a foreigner, you should subscribe to sustainable shopping and patronize the local vendors in Busan.
Busan has many food markets; some of them are:
• Bujeon Ginseng Market: If you are looking to buy special spices used to prepare those unique Busan meals, this is the market you should visit. It sells cheap food items, and you will be happy you visited as it would not drain your account.
• Gukje Market: It is one of the largest markets in Busan and the whole of Korea, and there is nothing you desire that you cannot find here. The sellers are also friendly as they always want people to make repeat purchases.
Some of the flea markets in Busan are:
• Gupo Market: The fun part about this place is that you can get an array of items, and you would have an exciting time discussing with the local. It is mostly traditional produce, but you will love them.
• Bupyeong Kkangtong Market: This market mostly comes alive at night, and there are many varieties for you to choose from and purchase. It is not large, but there is nothing you want that you would not get at this place.
Second Hand Stores
Here are some of the second-hand stores:
• Aladin: If you are an avid reader, you should find your way to this bookstore when in Busan. It is one of the largest second-hand stores in the cities, and its book collections cover both adult and children. You will be happy making a selection at this place.
• Busan Saha Point: There are a variety of items you can purchase from this store, and the best part is that they are still in top quality. They give you value for your money.
Busan is one of the cities that have shown keen interest in sustainability, so it is not surprising that some fashion designers here are now subscribing to eco-fashion.
It is delightful to know that you can wear clothing attires that contribute to sustainability by protecting the environment, and there is no reason why you should not purchase them.
Eco-fashion is not yet mainstream in Busan, but it is slowly reaching there. If you want to be a responsible tourist, you should support this idea when you are in the city.
Over the years, there has been an improvement in the sustainability culture of Busan, and the government now has full interest in recycling.
They understand that you do not have to trash all waste, as some can be recycled into other useful items, which assists in stopping environmental pollution.
There are provisions on how people can submit items for recycling, especially plastics. If you are in Busan, you should join them and key into this idea. Do not be in a rush to dispose of your bottled water plastic as it can be recycled.
Busan has an effective waste management system, and littering is not allowed in the city. We cannot say that Busan is the cleanest city in the world, but the effort they are putting to ensure that this becomes feasible is commendable.
The city would get an average score in terms of cleanliness and waste management. There are bins around the city for people to dispose of their waste, and you would pay a fine if you are caught littering.
Of course, some people slip, but correction is taken after paying the fine.
Work and Study Abroad
If you are international student looking to work while studying in Busan, it is feasible. However, you have a restriction on the number of hours you can work per week.
If school is in session, you can only work a maximum of 20 hours per week as they want to ensure that you do not lose concentration on your studies. However, you have unlimited working hours during the holidays.
If this appeals to you, you can start applying to universities and colleges in Busan.
There are many factors to consider before you decide to be an exchange student in any country. If you have weighed the pros and cons and feel it is a perfect decision, you can go ahead as nothing is stopping you.
International students do exchange programs in Busan, so it is not a strange concept.
If you are looking to get a job but cannot find one, you can sign up to an Au Pair system in Busan. This way, you are attached to a host whom you work for while having a place to stay.
It will be perfect to understand the city’s cultures before you do this so that you can get along with your host.
When people enquire on how to be a responsible tourist, we tell them that they can sign up for volunteering programs in their new city. There is almost no city worldwide that does not have a provision for this.
It helps you in making the change that you desire.