Eco-friendly travel guide to Chiang Mai advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Air quality: 3 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 4 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 4 / 5
- Public transportation: 3 / 5
- Parks: 3.5 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 3 / 5
- Safety: 3.5 / 5
- Accommodation: US$6 - $610
- Budget per day: US$30 - $700
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Chiang Mai is the capital and one of the beautiful cities of Thailand. It is one of the best cities in North Thailand that will help you to get the raw cultural and traditional sensation. The city was declared to be the capital city in 1296. You will be able to learn massage courses, food courses, and others. However, there are some things that you need to know before visiting the city.
- Choose local transport that promotes eco-friendly travel and reduces pollution like cycling, electric cars, buses, and others.
- Instead of big hotels, try to choose green hotels for your stay, which are eco-friendly and reduce pollution.
- Along with cuisine from big and famous restaurants, also try the street foods from local vendors to help them earn money and get the best experience.
- Visit the parks in the city to get the best green view and fresh air. It will take you very close to nature where you will be surrounded by green.
- Buy goods or eat food from local people and sellers who are living depending on tourism. It will help them very much to sell their items and provide more.
Air Quality and Pollution
The air quality of Chiang Mai city is moderate. The average Air Quality Index (AQI) of this city is around 37, which might not be very good for some people. You will not be able to breathe freely in this city if you are having any type of breathing problem.
In that case, you will have to ask your doctor and take some necessary medicines with you before coming to the city. The pollution in the air changes with air quality. Carry air masks to avoid this pollution all around the places. Apart from breathing problems, many other conditions are not good with this air.
Respect the Culture
As mentioned earlier, you will get a very good experience of traveling to this city and learn different things about their culture. The rich and symbolism heritage of the cultures will stun you. From arts to old temples, you will get all types of things in here. The raw cultural and traditional touch of their culture reflects in many different things.
Make sure to get close to the locals to get the best cultural experience. Some Thai customs are available in this city that started with their ancestors. Food to clothes, you will be able to find the cultural touch in all of the things and make sure to respect them.
Top 10 Places to Visit
Without any doubt, we all can say that Chiang Mai is a lovely place to visit during the holidays. As a tourist, you can visit here and have a lovely exposure to the city. Now if you want to have an enjoyment which is beyond your expectations, then what will you do? The answer to this question is none other than having a tour of these top 10 places.
- Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, Ratchaworawihan- Come to this temple and you would feel the real presence of Buddha. Get an opportunity to worship him and fulfill all clear all your sins within a shorter span of time. Never miss it because this opportunity might not come in the next time.
- Chiang Mai Zoo- After visiting the temple, move on to this zoo and see thousands of creatures. You would love to take their pictures and want to upload them to your Facebook profile. Carry a camera and capture the best moments so that they remain a memory throughout life.
- Queen Sirikit Botanical garden- One of the best botanical gardens where you will never get bored. The reason is that here there are numerous varieties of plants and flowers which entice the majority of the people. Try it out, and you would get a different level of fun.
- Golden Temple- Never get this confused with the Golden Temple which is located at Amritsar. It is a temple in Chiang Mai which is based on the top of the hill. Another fascinating thing about it is that it has the largest statue of Buddha, and it occupies most of the temple area.
- Tha Pae Sunday- It is a local market which opens during the evening time and closes at 10:30 pm in the night. Here you will get the most famous hand-made Thai arts and crafts made by some famous artists. Buy them, and you can keep them as a showpiece in your house.
- Art in Paradise- The most popular art gallery where you would get the finest 3D paintings and arts. You might not love painting, but after visiting here, it will also become your central point of attraction.
- Patara Elephant Farm- If you want to see the best elephants, then this is the right place. But do not forget to carry some fruits or vegetables because you can feed them. Besides feeding, you can also experience them to the fullest and have some joyful moments.
- Wat Ku Kham- This is the most ancient temple which was built in the 18th century, and it also tells you history. In other words, you can also call it a history that signifies those prayers which used to happen in those days. Go for it, and you will never get any chances of disappointment or regrets.
- Mae Sa Waterfall- The best waterfall which gives you a fabulous experience which you never had before. It is not only attractive but also wonderful, and after coming here, you would get joy at a higher level.
- Old Chiang Mai Cultural Center- As the name suggests it is a cultural center that tells you about the older Thai culture. Do not think that it is a museum because this place has a fascinating ambiance of the Thai villages. If you even think of missing it then, later on, you would curse yourself and get frustrated.
You can say that the city of Chiang Mai is a second home for all the tourists. After having a wonderful tour, they also want to visit some of the topmost places like city parks, national parks, and museums. If they do not visit these places, then their trips remain incomplete. Make a fair attempt of visiting those places and enjoy the precious moments of your life.
- Buak Hard- Believe it or not, but it is true that people visit this park to see some of the beautiful trees and flowers. You would think that it is a joke, but after visiting here, you would also do the same thing. Discover it and see how you share your experience of being in such a glorious place.
- Aranya Prathet- This is the oldest park where people come to look for peace. Here the environment is calm, and you would get better relaxation. And this way you would also forget the depressions of your life.
- Rama IX Lanna Park- If you are fascinated by greeneries, then this park is the perfect choice for you. Come here, and you will know the real beauty of nature. Try not to forget it because the opportunity may not come again and again.
- Doi Suthep- The development of this park commenced in the year 1981 and took a long time to finish. But today also it offers you the best garden and the most beguiling architecture. Make a note of this place and mark it as a very important and an essential one.
- Royal Park Rajapruek- Visit here during the afternoon, and you would get to see some attractive flowers. But never pluck them because it is restricted and you will have to pay a fine for that. Just take their pictures and share the experience with your beloved persons.
- Opkhan- The allover area of this park is approximately 3 lakhs and 400 square kilometers. It is famous for family picnics as the spot is awesome and favorite for everyone. Once you explore this place, then you will never like to return back anymore.
Unfortunately, you would not get any beaches in Chiang Mai, but the historical landmarks and museums can become an alternative. Rather than regretting it just experience those places and discover something new.
- Wat Chedi Luang- This landmark gives you a brief knowledge about the Chedi kingdom and what were there specialties. Here you would get to see the sculptures of those famous kings who contributed to establishing this place. Take this into consideration and make it a double tick in your travel diaries.
- Wiang Kum Kam- You will not believe that this palace was built in the year 1320 and it is famous even today. It gives you a fine idea about the settlement of the kingdom at an early age and a lot more things. Without having any questions, just opt for it and see how you get better happiness.
- National Museum- It is a museum which is situated in the Northernmost part of the city. Tourists from different parts of the globe come here and want to know more about Thai history. In the beginning, you would find this place boring, but later on, you will realize its value.
- Lanna Folklife- You would notice that this museum is spread all over the internet and has got the number one rank. The art and heritage exhibitions make it a very popular site. Another thing is that there is no such person who criticizes it and tells that it is uninteresting. Even if someone tells you that it is a boring place then also you have to try it on your own and then make a decision.
You can not afford to miss Thai foods when visiting this city. Being the capital city, this city offers some of the best traditional foods and Thai dishes. Make sure to try both the restaurants and local street food stalls to get the best eating experience. Different types of foods like veg, organic, traditional, international cuisine, and others are available in this city.
However, you need to know what are the best places to eat in this city. In every corner of the city, you will get different types of foods and all of them might not be available anywhere else in the country. Here are some details about the different eating sections that will help you a lot.
Traditional Local Restaurants
Traditional foods are one of the first things that you need to try in Chiang Mai city as it is the best food here. You will be able to get the best Thai food experience in this city with all the different traditional dishes.
Being the capital city of Thailand, you will be able to get many different Thai dishes in this city that are best here. Here are some places that are given below where you can visit to get the best Thai dishes and cuisines.
- Rimm Phi Romm Thai Restaurant - If you like to try some of the local and traditional dishes that are being cooked in the ancient cooking process, then you need to visit this restaurant. Make sure to try the braised Australian lamb shank in massaman sauce and steamed fish souffle.
- Han Teung Chiang Mai - You will be able to get a khantoke dinner that is known as a Northern Thailand tradition. You will get meals served on small dishes on a round table such as famed sticky rice, curries, finger salad, and others. Also, the place offers a traditional triangular roof with a nice atmosphere.
Vegetarian and Vegan
Do not worry if you are vegetarian because there are many different options in the city that you will find. There are plenty of options available for you that you can choose to get some of the best vegetarian dishes. Some of these dishes even taste better than non-veg dishes that you will get at a very reasonable price. Here are some of the best vegetarian restaurants where you can visit to get the best food.
- Anchan Vegetarian Restaurant - Popular place for vegan people that offers delicious foods. The menu of this palace changes weekly but make sure to taste the Banana Flower Thai Salad.
- Khun Churn Vegetarian Restaurant & Buffet - This might be one of the oldest restaurants in the city that has been running in the city for the last 20 years. They are very popular for offering vegetarian dishes to the local and foreigners.
No tour is complete without trying the street food of a place. It is the best way to know the culture and lifestyle of the locals. You will find some of the best street foods in this city in different corners. There are many small stalls by locals in every lane that offer delicious street foods at reasonable prices.
Do not forget to try the Khao Soy, which is very popular in the city and well known by tourists and locals. Here are some of the places where you can visit to get the best street foods.
- Khao Soi Khun Yai - You will find this little shop between the temple of Wat Rajmontean and Wat Khuan Khama. It has been there for the last 15 years and also known as Grandma's Khao Soi.
- Sai Ua - This is a local stall of street foods that offer Thai sausage with different local ingredients and is known for it. You will have one of the best tastes in this dish and it will make you come back and taste the food again.
Drinks are necessary between roaming the city as it helps to keep you refreshed and hydrated. You will be able to get some of the best drinks in this city including local and international ones. Make sure to visit local bars and pubs to get a wide range of traditional beer and other drinks.
From soft drinks to juices, the variation of drinks will surprise you a lot. However, you need to know what are the best places in the city to find them. You can also take the help of online services to get drinks delivered to your hotel or other places. Here is some detailed information about different types of drinks that will help you to find them easily and know more.
Tap water in Chiang Mai city is not drinkable, most of the local people do not drink tap water very much. Some of them boil the water and filter it through different processes before drinking it. As a traveler, you might not be accustomed to the water and the filtered version also might not be that much safe for you.
So, it is better to use the filtered tap water to only wash the face and hand or brush the teeth, but when it comes to drinking, use mineral bottled water. You will find bottled mineral water in most of the places in this city. The government and Prime Minister of the city assure that tap water will be better in the upcoming years and it will meet the standard of the World Health Organization.
Just like vegan restaurants, you will not be disappointed in the city if you are looking for organic cafes. There are plenty of organic restaurants in the city that offer the finest mouth-watering dishes to the customers to help them be healthy and energetic throughout the tour.
Many travelers like to eat organic meals to stay healthy and avoid any kind of complications or eating issues during their trip. However, as the restaurants are scattered throughout the city, you need to know what are the places that you need to visit for the best organic foods.
- Baan Suan Pak - One of the best organic cafes and food stores that you will come across in the city offers a variety of organic dishes and foods to the customers. You will be able to purchase pesticide-free, full organic vegetables, and natural juices from this shop.
- Free Bird Cafe - this is one of the best choices that you can make by eating in this restaurant. All of the profit of this place goes to the Thai freedom house and also this restaurant serves some of the best Thai and western organic foods to their customers.
After visiting all the beautiful places in the city and roaming all the corners, you need something more than water to get rid of the dry mouth and thirst. Well, you do not have to worry about getting drinks or breweries in this city as the city is filled with different kinds of them.
Most of the bars in this city are crowded with people and trying the famous craft beer that made the name very well in a short time. You will get local craft beer, cocktails, sangsom, and many other dinks in these bars. Some of the places in the city like Beer Lab offer different kinds of crafted and exported beer that will help you to relax and get your energy back.
Chiang Mai is very popular for the adventures and outdoor activities by the tourists and locals. Make sure to visit all the popular places in the city including temples, famous buildings, museums, natural wonders, and other places to get the best experience of roaming the city. Some of these places include Doi Suthep, Nimmanhaemin Road, Inthanon National Park, try the famous Khao Soi, and others.
Make sure to visit the Warorot market and other markets to shop for some local items. You will be able to do some of the best outdoor activities in this city such as Care Pride Elephants Full Day Tour, Water Rafting, Quad Bike Adventure, Kayaking, Balloon Adventure, hiking, and other activities.
Yoga and Retreats
If you are health conscious or want to escape the wave of people and spend some time quietly, then yoga is the best choice for you. You will be able to get some of the best yoga centers in the city where you will be able to choose different types of yoga courses from them.
As the city and the surrounding cities are very well known for having one of the best massage centers and yoga centers in the world, you will be able to find some of the finest yoga centers in this city. Here are some of the best yoga centers that you can visit to get back your energy.
- Yoga Ananda Chiangmai
- Freedom Yoga Chiang Mai
- Hidden House Yoga Chiang Mai
Accommodation is one of the most important things that you need to choose very carefully on your trip. Based on your travel style and your staying time in the city, you will be able to choose different options for accommodation. From hotels to Couchsurfing, you will get all of the different options available in this city as it is very famous for attracting tourists all over the world.
Being the capital city of Thailand, many tourists like to spend 4-5 days or more in this city and explore the different corners, lifestyle, and other things. So, if you are planning to stay in this beautiful city, then here are some of the best accommodation options for you with details that will hello you to choose the best one.
As an eco-friendly traveler, one of the best choices for you to stay in this city is the green hotels. You will be able to enjoy your stay very much with all the different features while keeping the city clean and reducing pollution. Green hotels are very well known for using different methods to keep the hotel clean and free from pollution. Being a very tourist-oriented city, you will find a lot of green hotels in this city. Here are some of the most popular ones given below.
- Eco Resort Chian Mai - This is one of the oldest hotels in the area that has been providing service for a long time now. The place is built followed by the teak design and sustainable gardening practice. You will be able to get 67 AC rooms, a swimming pool of 50 meters, a garden, and other things that use eco-friendly methods.
- Rabeang Pasak Treehouse Resort - Staying does not get more eco-friendly than treehouses. This treehouse is one of the best experiences that will help you to witness crickets buzzing, birds chirping, and the sound of a waterfall. The rooms are made using wood.
Hostels and Guest Houses
If you are planning to extend your stay in the city, then hostels and guest houses are better options for you than hotels. It will help you to stay in the city at a cheaper price and get closer to the local people. As mentioned earlier, the city has many different options available for tourists to stay and enjoy the city. You will find plenty of hostels and guest houses with the help of online services. Booking rooms using online services will help you a lot to avoid the last time hassle. Here are some of the best hostels and guest houses that offer the best features at a reasonable price.
- Ashi Hostel
- Thailand Wow Hostel
- Baan Phuen Hostel & Rooftop
Renting an apartment is the best option if you are planning to stay in the city for a long time. It will help you to save a lot of money and get close to the lifestyle of locals. Getting an apartment in this city will not be a problem and you will meet many people on your way who are living in the apartments.
You will get luxurious apartments to moderate and cheap ones, choose one based on your requirement. You can take the help of online services to look at available options and book your apartment before stepping into the city. Here are some of the best apartments that you can rent in this city given below.
- TF Apartment
- Nivas Chiangmai
- Sang Serene House Apartment
Couchsurfing is a great way of accommodation in any city that helps you to live like a local person and save a lot of money. This is a group or community of travelers that helps other people to stay at their place on their tour to the city. Staying with the local people will help you very much to know all the local lifestyles, languages, foods, and other things.
You will also get a lot of help on your tour from the host. Basically, he/she will be the guide to you and provide you information about the city. However, you have to take the help of online services to find hosts in the city who are offering Couchsurfing to travelers.
Apart from all the other options, this one is the best accommodation for them who like to stay close to nature and like to participate in adventures. Camping is the best way to feel the environment, get fresh air, and live freely in the wild.
Being the capital city, Chiang Mai offers plenty of places that you can visit and do camping. You will get all the different benefits along with safety in these places. Here are some of the popular camping points of the Chiang Mai city that you need to visit.
- Doi Inthanon National park - this is one of the most famous camping spots among tourists and locals. You will have no problem reaching this palace as it is very close to the main town of Chiang Mai. You will be able to see lush green, waterfalls, clear sky with the best nature in this place.
- Mae Ping National park - Another good camping spot that is heaven for couples. You will get to see a variety of birds, butterflies, animals, and trees in this place along with floating houses that will help you to get a different experience.
How to Get There
Plenty of options are available for you to reach the Chiang Mia city from different countries. However, it also depends very much on which place you are traveling from. From most of the places, you will be able to catch a flight to come to this city and this is the most chosen mode of transportation as it takes very less time to reach the destination.
Some of the other options include trains, cars, buses, and many more, most of them take a lot more time to reach the destination compared to flight but the fare is cheaper. You will need to know which is the best one for you to travel to this city from your country. Here are some details about these transportation modes that will help you to choose the best one.
As mentioned earlier, the air is the best way to reach this capital city easily from other countries. Chiang Mai International Airport is very well connected to many international and domestic airlines. You will be able to travel to this city from many different places as there are flights coming to this airport daily from most of the countries.
From AirAsia to One-Two-Go, you will be able to see many local airlines providing service to fly from neighboring places in Asia. The fare of flight might be higher compared to other transportation modes, but you will be able to reach your destination faster. Make sure to book the ticket in advance to get it at a cheap price and ensure your seat on the flight.
The bus is not an option for you to travel to Chiang Mai city if you are traveling from different countries. However, you can travel to the city using buses if you are traveling from any other city in Thailand. In fact, buses are one of the best options to travel between cities in Thailand with great comfort and very cheap fare.
There are many bus stands and terminals in the city that provide buses every hour for different places. From AC buses to normal ones, you can catch them all from different bus stations or bus terminals in the city. You can catch the VIP buses too, which are known to be very comfortable. Use online services to book a ticket for the bus in advance and avoid any type of complications.
Apart from the flight, many people also choose trains to travel in this city as it helps to provide a very different experience of traveling. You might need more time to reach the palace but you will be able to enjoy all of the different sceneries on your way to this city. A journey to the city will be as comfortable as a plane but it gives you an opportunity to enjoy nature along the way and take your time to witness beautiful places.
If you are traveling from other countries, then you will be able to catch the train from Bangkok or other cities in Thailand to reach the city. Trains are very well available and the fare is also lower than a flight but advance booking is the best option to prevent getting your name on the waiting list.
Hitchhiking is one of the best ways the travelers are now using to reach a destination. It saves money and helps to arrive at the destination very comfortably. Also, you will be able to know the lifestyle and many other things about the local people by taking lifts from them.
As the Chaing Mai city is well connected by roads, there are many different highways that you can choose to reach the city by hitchhiking. All you have to do is choose the best spot for hitchhiking, as choosing a wrong one might make you late to reach your destination. Lookout for pickup trucks that have red and yellow roofs for a lift or help you out.
There are many other ways to reach the city but most of the travelers tend to avoid them as they are time taking and hectic. The first one that comes to mind is a motorcycle riding to this city. Many motorcycle lovers rent a motorcycle after landing in the city and roam around different places in Thailand using it.
It helps them to get the adventurous experience along with witnessing the beautiful places that are available on the side of the road. Just like motorcycles, many people also rent cars or drive their own cars to reach this city using the highway. It takes a bit more time but there are plenty of connections that help to connect the city with other places.
Moving around is a very personal choice and varies from people to people and how much time they have on their hands. Many people who are staying in the city for a long time do not mind walking their way into the city and witness different things on their way. This is considered to be the best option to know the culture and traditions of the local people.
On the other hand, people who do not have much time and stay for a few days like to take a cab to reach the famous places as fast as possible to cover most of the attractions in a few days. However, here are some details about the different transportation modes given below for you.
As mentioned earlier, walking is the best way to know the local people and their lifestyle in this city. You will be able to walk into many different places in the city where only pedestrians are allowed. Also, you will be able to witness the local life of people around while crossing big markets and other shortcuts.
While walking around the streets, you will come across many different things that will help to improve the experience of this trip. Make sure to carry necessary things like water, umbrella, sunglasses, and other things with you.
Riding a bicycle is not very different from walking, as it also helps you to exercise and watch the city very well without polluting the city. You will be able to get the best experience of traveling the city as there are separate lanes for cycles throughout the city.
You do not have to wait in the traffic too, you will be able to roam around as you want. There are many renting services in the city that will happily give you a cycle in exchange for money. Some hotels also provide cycle service to customers for moving around the city for free.
As an eco-friendly traveler, the best way to contribute towards the city is by choosing power-saving transportation modes like electronic cars. It helps to save power and keep the atmosphere safe from pollution. Although the fare of this vehicle is a bit higher, it helps to reach the destination very well. But the bad side of traveling through, you will have to wait at signals for a long time.
The bus is the cheapest way of transportation to explore Chiang Mai city. Also. Most of the buses are very frequent and comfortable to make a trip to the city. From VIP buses to AC buses, you will be able to get a variety of buses that run through the city.
Tram, Train and Subway
Trains are a good way to transport in this city and you will get them very frequently. You can book the ticket to enjoy traveling the city faster than others. Most of the trains are very well connected with different parts of the city.
As an eco-friendly traveler, you can help the city stay clean and reduce the waste in the city by sustainable shopping. Sustainable shopping helps to get antique, vintage, second-hand, and many other items at less price. The quality of these goods is like the new ones but they cost a lot less. There are many shops scattered throughout the city that sell vintage, antique, and second-hand items.
The city offers plenty of food markets where you can visit to witness all the vegetables, other ingredients, dishes, and many more. If you are a food lover, then make sure to travel to the food markets to get the best experience. Purchasing food from these local shops will help them very much. Here are some of the food markets that you need to visit.
- Kalare Food & Shopping Centre
- Chiang Mai Gate Market
- Chiang Mai Night Bazaar
The flea market is one of the best places that can give you the experience of shopping like locals. From clothes to old items, you will get everything in these markets that will help you very much to get a touch of Thai culture and tradition. There are many flea markets in the city and you will come across many tourists who like to shop from there and collect items. Here are some of the best flea markets in Chiang Mai city.
- Chiang Mai Amulet Market
- Flea Market Mueang Chiang Mai
- Walking Street Meechok Plaza
Second Hand Stores
Second-hand shops are always the best places for travelers as it helps them to buy items while reducing waste. Every year the popularity of second-hand stores is increasing rapidly among locals and travelers. You will be able to get clothes, fashion accessories, daily usable items, shoes, and many more things in these markets which are just as good as new ones and high-quality. Make sure to visit these places if you want to buy anything from second-hand stores.
- Nong Hoi Second Hand
- Toro Second Hand Market
- JingJai Market Chiang Mai
You can look just as fashionable as all the others by wearing eco-fashion, which is very well known for producing zero waste in the making process. Eco-fashion is a great way to contribute towards nature and the environment as it helps you to reduce pollution. Most of the eco fashions are made using eco products that produce no waste and no pollution. Here are some of the best stores in the city that offer quality eco-fashion to tourists.
- UNIQLO CentralPlaza ChiangMai Airport Store
- Tan Studio Co., Ltd
- UNIQLO CentralFestival ChiangMai Store
In the last few years, locals and the government of the city have come forward and started working positively to keep the city free from pollution by recycling waste. Instead of dumping the trash in a landfill, or other places, the waste is recycled to use in many different places. You will get to see many recycling stations in the city and many other initiatives taken by locals and officials.
As mentioned above, the city is trying hard to reduce the waste that comes from food, plastic, paper, and many other things. Most of the wastes are reused to create different energy sources and other things. The daily waste of Chiang Mai used to be 150 tons or equivalent.
However, the waste has decreased very much in the last few years and locals have helped very much. Make sure to contribute as much as you can when visiting the city to keep the city clean and reduce waste.
Work and Study Abroad
Being the capital city of Thailand, most of the best colleges and universities in the countries are situated in this city. They are well known for providing different courses for both local and international students at a very reasonable price.
These courses and other benefits attract students from different countries. Also, you will come across many people who are working in the city from different countries. Here are some of the benefits given below that you will get from the city.
The exchange student is a very popular program that helps foreign students to study in another country. Many universities and colleges have partnerships with colleges and universities all over the world. If a student is able to get nominated in this system, then they can study in a foreign university with just the tuition fee of the home university. There are many colleges and universities in Chiang Mai that offer this system to other countries.
This is the best way to live in the city in the initial days for students, workers, and travelers. You will be able to get a shelter, food, and earn some money by looking after the household or a baby when the host is not available. You will find many Au Pair services available in the city by searching for them online. Getting this job will also help you very much to get close to the locals.
Contribute to the city and help the local people by choosing to volunteer. You will be able to choose many different volunteer options like keeping the temples clean, teaching English to local people, helping out older people in the city, and others. It will help you to know the local people very well and come closer to them.