Eco-friendly travel guide to Christchurch advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Air quality: 2.5 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 3.5 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 4 / 5
- Public transportation: 3.5 / 5
- Parks: 3.5 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 4 / 5
- Safety: 3.5 / 5
- Accommodation: US$30 - $200
- Budget per day: US$75 - $250
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Christchurch is the largest city in New Zealand. Christchurch is world-famous for its street art. The local street areas are mostly covered with street art. The city is also well known for its greenery. There are a number of botanical gardens in Christchurch. You should mark some of them on your travel list as your trip will be incomplete without a visit to these botanical gardens. It is important to be a responsible tourist when visiting any city or any country to be responsible and conscious of your environment. Here are a few tips for how you can do that:
- Electronic vehicles: To be a responsible traveler you should always opt for ways that help the environment. Consider using electric scooters or bicycles as opposed to hiring private cars or taxis.
- Walking: The inner city can be explored on foot and generally Christchurch is walk friendly so walk as much as you can. Not only will it reduce your carbon footprint but also helps with reducing traffic and noise pollution in the city.
- Support local businesses: Try to visit local places for food and shopping. Not only you will be supporting small businesses and local artisans but you will also be not giving your money to huge franchises that have a direct part to play in creating the climate crisis.
- Keeping the city clean: When visiting any tourist attraction or any park especially make sure you do not throw trash anywhere except in the designated trash bins. Avoid using plastic and use recyclable things like metal straws, cups, bags etc.
- Public Transport: Try to travel through public transport as much as possible in order to reduce the traffic on the streets.
- Green Hotels: Choose green hotels for your stay in Christchurch.
Air Quality and Pollution
Christchurch has a temperate climate. The rate of pollution increases when the temperature goes down. Room heaters are very essential in Christchurch, it is the most common thing found in every house. This is the main source of pollution as well. Pollution has reached up to a level where precautions are a must for travelers. Harmful gases released from the heaters are very dangerous for humans. It has reached up a level where precautions are a must. Governments have taken several measures since the problem started and they are appealing to the public for using less fuel-based gadgets, instead use opt for the natural heater, public transports, or carpools. The government is constantly trying to understand the concept and managing to control pollution.
The government is constantly working for the betterment of the city. The city is continuously improving day by day. Sulfur dioxide and suspended particulate matter are harmful gases released from the room heaters. The government has taken the initiative to reduce the amount of usage of such devices. They have introduced several substitutions for room heaters. Operating a wood burner is the other option and installation of the insulation as well. With the help of these, they have managed to control the pollution up to a certain level.
The Air Quality index shows that the Quality of air is excellent in Christchurch. Figures range from 4-20 so you do not need to worry about the kind of air you will be breathing in the city.
Respect the Culture
Christchurch is well known for its street art, history, theater. The culture of the city is so dynamic that you need a moment to appreciate it all. There is a number of gardens which you can visit. There is so much to see and so much to learn like some of the buildings in the city are the oldest buildings carrying the history of Christchurch. There is something to see for everyone from parks to museums, from theatres to zoos, there is no shortage of places to discover and experience the culture of Christchurch.
You can interact with locals during your tour of these places, this will help you to understand the culture of Christchurch. People here are very helpful and understanding. There is a total of five languages that are mostly used by all the people in Christchurch. Te Reo Maori, English, Samoan, Hindi, and Chinese are the common languages.
Top 10 Places to Visit
Christchurch sees an influx of tourists coming from all over the world every year. The reason behind it is the diverse nature of the city and its culture. There is something for everyone. Some of the must visit places on your trip to Christchurch are:
- International Antarctic Centre - It is one of the most fascinating tourist destinations. Located right next to the Christchurch International Airport, the International Antarctic Centre is the perfect place to learn about Antartica, the ecosystem, wildlife and how us humans are impacting it. A wonderful place to take your kids to make them learn about things that matter.
- Christchurch Botanic Garden - Founded in 1863, the Christchurch Botanic garden is a little heaven for nature lovers with countless variety of plants and flowers, you will have a wonderful time exploring it all. They also offer interactive tours as well so you can book one and spend a day learning about all the beautiful and unique plants they have.
- Orana Wildlife Park - Not just an ordinary zoo but an extremely interactive one with live encounters, animal feeds and tours so definitely a place worth visiting especially if you have kids accompanying you. Another wonderful feature about the Park is their recycling programme. Not only do they use their resources sustainably but also educate their visitors about it.
- Willowbank Wildlife Reserve - It is a wildlife reserve where you can see a wide variety of animals and birds. This place also has cultural shows about wildlife and attracts audiences from different cities.
- Christchurch Gondola- This site is beyond words, and from here, you can have a nice scenic view of the whole city. Rather than having any second thoughts just try it for one and see something very extraordinary. You can also say that without this place, your holiday trip is incomplete.
- Christchurch Transitional Cathedral- Without any doubt, we can say that this church is the most sacred place. Here if you wish for anything from your true heart, then it will always be fulfilled. Come here for once, and if you find it boring, then you can better give your hobby of traveling.
- Punting On The Avon- If you are willing to go boating, then visit this place and experience it to the fullest. It can give you a nice thrill and make you feel something which you have never felt earlier. People often call it an uninteresting place, but you have to visit here and make your own opinion.
- Christchurch Art Gallery Te Puna o Waiwhetū- You will notice that this art gallery is discussed everywhere and people tell the best things about it. This gallery displays the prominent artworks of some popular artists and painters of the city. In the beginning, you may find it a dull place, but later on, you would understand its relevance.
- Christchurch Casino- If you are feeling lonely and want to have something very exciting, then this casino is the right place. Just experience it and play some interesting games like blackjack and poker. You might be a novice in those games, but after playing them, you would be an expert.
- Christchurch Town Hall- This place is meant for some theaters and concerts in the city. It is about 48 years old and is still famous today. Just go for it and discover something new and a very surprising thing.
Now when it is about exploring, then these ten places are not at all enough. You also have to try out places like some city parks and museums which can give you a very different level of fun. Here are some of them which can give you a fair about this thing.
- Hoon Hay Park- This park is for all the children who want to play during the time of evening. Bring your children over here, and they would get a good amount of satisfaction and joy. Besides them, you will also enjoy it and remember it throughout your life.
- Tautoro Park- The ambiance of this place is calm and will give you peace. Visit here during the evening and spend a nice time having relaxation. Another nice thing about this place is that it is also good for camping activities.
- Travis Wetland Nature Heritage Park- It is a nice park, and it also has a small pond where you can get ducks. If you want to feed them, then carry a piece of bread with you and throw it to them. As a result, there are no words to express this place because it is more than lovely.
- Sumner beach- Come here during the daytime of the summer season and feel the water in its purest form. It is saltier and can also offer you a lovely exposure to an amazing thing. Make a double tick of this place and mark it as very important in your travel diaries.
- Cathedral Square- This place is located in the heart of the city and is known for the Anglican culture. Come here and get knowledge about the history of it and know about its significance. It is also loved by those persons who are never fond of historical activities and events.
- Canterbury Museum- This museum was established in the year 1897 and tells you about the history of Maori. Here some ancient artifacts are displayed, which gives a clear example of their importance. It is guaranteed that after visiting here, you would like to recommend it to your friends.
- Air Force Museum of New Zealand- If you want to know about the contributions of the New Zealand air force, then this place is a must-visit. It gives you brief information about the discovery of aircraft and fighter planes. They had a crucial role in providing the freedom to the country. Now to know more if you have a tour of it within a very short span of time.
Local foods are very famous among travelers. Kinds of seafood are very common here. It is very popular among travelers and locals as well. The traditional foods are very much in demand. The culinary delights are world-famous. If you are a seafood lover then you should try their dishes made of fish. They have plenty of options in seafood from traditional morai dishes to kawakawa tea. Hangi, crayfish, hokey pokey ice cream, kina, kiwi burger, jaffas, pavlova, etc are some famous dishes made up with some unusual combinations. If you want to know the culture of this city then you should try these dishes from the local restaurants.
These local foods are utterly delicious and will definitely suit your taste buds. Street foods are available in almost every corner of the city with varieties of fast foods. Some highly rated foods by travelers are Malaysian noodles, crepes creations, coq au van, etc. It is easily available and costs very less. They maintain good hygiene while preparing these foods. It's mouth-watering and very delicious. You can always compare and decide according to your preferences.
Traditional Local Restaurants
The variation in the seafood is always an attraction for the tourists here. Eating traditional foods in the cities is a must for a traveler. Your trip is incomplete without these authentic foods of the city. Here are some places where you can try these local flavors.
- Riccarton Noodles House – Riccarton Noodles House in Riccarton road is a famous restaurant in Christchurch. It is popular for the varieties of noodles. The potion of the meal is so appropriate that one can share it with the partner. The prices are very affordable. The service quality is excellent. There are different variants of traditional dishes which are also available here. You can choose from the menu according to your taste. There are a few more restaurants in the same locality who are serving noodles with the same popularity.
- Retropolitan Social – Retropolitan Social is on saint Asaph street. This is the most well-developed restaurant in Christchurch. It is famous for its cocktails and mocktails. The interiors will give you some ancient vibe. Foods are excellent. One cannot miss the opportunity to eat in this restaurant while they stay in Christchurch. This restaurant is famous for its authentic taste, which will definitely brighten up your day. The restaurant is well covered with power heaters. You can enjoy your hot meals in chilly weather.
Vegetarian and Vegan
If you are a vegetarian and wondering what and where to eat in the land of seafood. Then no worries, here are few vegan restaurants only for you.
- The lotus-heart vegetarian restaurant – It is the most famous restaurant for people who prefer vegetarian food more. It is situated on saint Asaph street. They have a huge variety of vegetarian food on their menu. Prices are very affordable and pocket friendly. This restaurant is a great combination of price and quality. The restaurant is famous for its fast food such as masala dosa, plant-based cheese, etc
- Welcome Chinese vegetarian restaurant – It is the highest rated vegan restaurant situated in Wharenui road. They serve all vegan food. The quality and quantity of food are very nice. It is the highest rated vegan restaurant in Christchurch. They have a variety of vegan foods. The presentation is also very eye-catching. They have a very good variety of food that tastes great which attracts more customers including non-vegetarians. The menu of this restaurant is very huge, you will find something new every time you visit here.
There are varieties of street foods available all over the city. These foods are very cheap and famous among travelers. You should definitely try these foods while you are there. All the street foods of Christchurch are the old traditional modified dishes which you should try once. Your trip is incomplete without these foods. Having street foods from the local shops will help you to save your money and it will also support the economy of the country. As the city is very famous for its seafood. You will get flavors of these kinds of seafood in local street food stalls as well. Here are some famous street foods that you must try.
- Kiwi burger
- Whitebait Fritters
- Manuka honey
There are varieties of soft and hard drinks available in Christchurch. Both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. It's a treat for travelers; the drinks are affordable and easily available in local shops. Christchurch is often called a producer of wines and beers. It is very much in demand due to the friendly prices. The city is very popular for its nonalcoholic drinks as well. Mocktails are very famous among travelers.
You can try some of these famous brands produced by New Zealand. L&P, Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc wine, apple cider, craft beer, etc. Lemon and Paeroa is a sweet soft drink which you can try here. There are more than 160 breweries in New Zealand, it would be a waste if you don't try it while you're in Christchurch. It's beneficial for eco-friendly travelers to have local foods and drinks from local restaurants because it's very cheap. Apart from these local common drinks are also available including coffee, tea juices, etc.
Tap water is highly maintained here and is drinkable here. Water quality is fine here in Christchurch. Most of the water supplies come from aquifers. The water was stored beneath for decades and safe for drinking. The water gets filtered naturally here because of the layers of the gravels. Hence they are very safe to consume idly. You can carry your own bottles if you want. You can easily fill your bottles from the restaurants or hotels nearby. You can buy filtered water if you are not sure about the quality. All the rural and urban areas are well connected with the reservoirs. So you will not face any problem in Christchurch with water. As the quality of the water is well maintained you can freely roam and drink water from the local places.
- Ancestral at canty – It is situated in Ilam, and it is very popular for the varieties of coffees and muffins. It's a nice place for coffee lovers. If you are looking for a place to explore the varieties of coffee then this ancestral at canty is the right place for you. The service is outstanding, and the atmosphere is very calm and cozy. The crystal chicken gai is their best seller. You can give it a try. They have varieties of snacks that go well with the different variants of coffee. It's a good place to chill and you can get rid of your tiredness by having a sip of freshly brewed coffee here.
- Raw sugar cafe – It is situated in Manchester street. It is highly rated by the customers for their services and qualities of foods. All the foods are handmade with high-quality ingredients from organic products. The ambiance and the décor are very fine and smooth with some warm kinds of music. It includes French toast, different varieties of coffee, ciabatta bun, etc. The ambiance is nice and the well-crafted design on the walls will surely grab your attention.
- Two thumb Brewing co. - This place serves the best beer. It has a very good ambiance and aura. The platters are marvelous and the ambiance is so peaceful and relaxed. This place is always filled with the locals. The food is also very good and highly rated by the customers. You are going to fall in love with foods and chilled crafted cold beer. They have varieties of food to satisfy your taste buds. Prices are also affordable. They have home delivery facilities as well.
- Wigram Brewing company Ltd – This place has wide sections for beer to choose from. All the staff here are very skillful, they know how to bring the best out of the best. . Though the place is a bit expensive but worth it. As the quality of the food and beer is outstanding. This place serves the best Variety of the beer menu. It is always crowded or filled with locals and tourists.
- Three boys Breweries – A great brewery café on the ferry road. You can never go wrong with it while ordering anything from this place. This place serves freshly made beers. They have this option of choosing your toppings as well which makes this place more attractive. This place has a very cool merch to offer.
- The Fermentist – This place is great for casual dining. The place is really amazing if you want to have local meals from Christchurch. They have their own beers which are quite popular amongst the locals and tourists. If you want to have both a proper meal along with beer on the side then this the best affordable place to dine out. They also have wheat beers. This place co0mes with limited choices of beers but the taste is good. You should definitely visit this place while you are staying in Stuttgart. They serve the best fresh seasonal foods.
Christchurch is very famous for its historic culture. There are a number of botanical gardens and national parks which you should visit while staying in Christchurch. Some places like cathedral square, oxford terrace, Cashel street, high street, Margaret Mahy playground, etc. are some of the most visited places by travelers every year. Apart from these places, there are many outdoor and indoor activities, which can be considered as an option. There are so many options available for travelers. You can play outdoor games, can go swimming or fishing. You can attain yoga classes or any other learning courses. It will help you to build a great memory and will give you a chance to know more about the culture of the city.
Yoga and Retreats
As you are on the constant move, your mind and body need relaxation too. Taking care of your body and skin is very important even if you are traveling. There are several yoga centers in Christchurch that can help you to restore your power. After a few sessions, you will feel more relaxed and strengthened. Most of the yoga centers have this cool ambiance filled with fresh forest air, which will help you calm your senses at once. Some of them have these 3 days yoga sessions especially for the travelers which you can give a try. You can choose the best yoga center for the sessions according to your preference through digital platforms.
Riccarton is the busiest road in Christchurch. In this area, you will find so many hotels and motels. Most of the tourists prefer this place to stay because it is situated in the central part of the city. And it is well connected with all the restaurants and other facilities. Accommodation is the very first thing a traveler looks for. You need a place to keep your belongings while you are exploring the places. There are a number of travelers who visit Christchurch every year. In the past few years, the number of visitors has increased tremendously. Keeping that in mind the accommodation structure of the city is very fascinating. Either you want to live in the middle of the city or in a rural area; you will find a variety of options here. You can take help of the internet or a daily newspaper to find suitable accommodation for yourself.
These green hotels are the best to stay. These hotels help a lot to heal the environment as compared to regular hotels. Being an eco-friendly traveler, you should always opt for green hotels. These hotels will provide you all the facilities just like any other hotel. These are an eco-friendly hotel which helps to lessen the collision on the environment. Christchurch has many eco-friendly hotels situated in different parts of the city including rural areas. Here are the top 5 Green hotels of Christchurch which you can try.
- Clearview Lodge
- Eco Villa
- Commodore Airport Hotel
- The Classic Villa
- The George Christchurch
Hostels and Guest Houses
There are plenty of hostels and guesthouses in Christchurch. You will get so many options to choose from. If you are planning to stay longer than usual then you can go for these options. It will allow you to save your money. Hostels or guesthouse will be the perfect option for you. A guest house nearest to your desired location will be the best. It will cost you less as compared to the Greenhouse. There is a number of guest houses available here.
- Chester st Backpackers
- Jucy Snooze Christchurch
- All starts Inn Hostel and Hotel Accommodation
- Jailhouse Accommodations
- YHA Christchurch
If you are a student or a business person and you are planning to stay in Christchurch for a very long period of time then renting an apartment will be the best option for you. It is suitable for travelers who are planning to stay in Christchurch for more than a month. You can leave your worries regarding shifting your furniture etc till you get comfortable with the new environment. You can get fully furnished apartments here in the city. You can search for online options to choose a perfect apartment for yourself. Here is the list of top-rated apartments in Christchurch.
- Quest on Manchester
- Cathedral Junction Apartments
- OGB Suites
- Central City Apartments
Christchurch is very famous for providing its travelers with opportunities to relax and take a break from city life. If you want to explore the city like the locals then couch surfing will be the best option for you. You can always relax a bit when your work for the day is done. They have multiple options for outdoor activities. For couch surfing, you might find a few. You can always look up to the internet for the best options available at the moment. It will allow you to explore more local places at once and you can also save money.
Christchurch has a well-defined camping structure you can ever have. You can plan your trip to the summer village. Here you will find locals in the city spending their weekends a lot. There is a weekend festival market where they enjoy themselves. The cable car ride is a must when you are in Christchurch. It is at the top of the port hills. You will fall in love with the beauty of nature and the views of volcanoes and mountains.
If you are an adventure seeker then you should definitely try a holiday park for camping in Christchurch. Being an eco-friendly traveler, it will be a great opportunity for you to be a part of such camps. If you are staying there for a night then this will be the best experience one can collect from this city. Some famous camping sites in Christchurch are:
- Woodend beach holiday park
- Rangiora Leigh holiday park
- Spencer beach holiday park
How to Get There
Christchurch is well connected to all the transport facilities. If you are traveling from other cities of New Zealand, then you can have multiple options, including trams, airways, public transports, and private cars. As an eco-friendly traveler, you should opt for chargeable cars to avoid pollution to cover minimal distances. And if you are someone traveling from other countries then go for the airways as it is the best and fastest way to reach Christchurch. It will be more convenient and comfortable if you are traveling with your loved ones. Taxis, ferries, bikes on buses are some other modes of transport here.
Traveling through airways is always very comfortable and fast. This will help you save your time and utilize them on other exciting things. Christchurch Airport is the nearest airport to the city. As the director of the wind is very uneven here. Christchurch airport has two perpendicular runways. They have a combined inspection area for both international and domestic passengers. Regarding the prices of the tickets, it can differ depending on the airline you are boarding on. You can always compare and choose according to your preferences. Choosing to travel through airways can be expensive but worth spending.
Opting for public transport while traveling inside the city is the best you can do to justify your duty as an eco-friendly traveler. Buses here are well connected with long or short distances. There are ticket machines available at all bus stops, you can book your ticket through these machines or you can directly buy it from the drivers. Traveling by bus can be a bit tiring but it will cost you less as compared to the other modes of travel. The buses here are well constructed and highly maintained, it can assure you a safe and comfortable ride. Ferries can be an option if you are living in Christchurch.
Christchurch has two main trunk railway lines. They have two long passenger trains. Well, connected train routes are available, connecting other cities of New Zealand. Traveling through trains can be faster as compared to the buses. It can be pocket friendly as well. It is faster and cheaper which will allow you to save time. You can travel by tram in the city as it has well-defined tram lines running all over the city. You can choose to travel by tram if you are planning to explore the city or else you can go by train to cover outer areas.
Christchurch is the biggest city in New Zealand. But it is not that big enough, some parts of the city can be covered by walking only. Hitchhiking is the modern way of traveling nowadays. If you are traveling from another part of the city then Hitchhiking can be an option. It is very famous among travelers. It will cost you nothing (depending on the situation). It is a bit time consuming as you never know when you will get your next ride until you reach. It is very helpful for the traveler in saving money. It will allow you to make memories and let you explore the city in the deepest way possible. It is a very thrilling and lifelong experience one can ever get.
Apart from airways, train, bus, and hitchhiking there are several other modes of traveling available in Christchurch. Inside of the city can be explored better if you are walking through the paths. For everything else, you can rent a car or bike. Even a bicycle can be an option. To protect the environment from pollution it can be the best solution for an eco-friendly traveler. To cover the longer distance you can rent an electric car which is easily available in the market. They have streetcars as well. Through these modes of transport, you can save money.
If you are planning to stay in Christchurch for a concise period of time, then you need to know different ways of traveling so that you can utilize your time wisely. You need to become a smart traveler when you have a very short amount of time in your hand and so much to explore. Opt for bicycles, cars, ferries, trams, buses, etc. They all come from different experiences. You can choose according to your need.
The inner part of the city can be explored by walking. There are so many things that need your attention which can only be possible if you are walking. Sitting in a bus or car will never allow you to know the depth of the city. Christchurch has many parks and site scenes which can be experienced better if you are walking. It will allow you to know the culture of the city. It will help you to understand the lifestyle of the locals and how they live. They have some local shops all over the city, you can buy stuff which can be treasured as a memory from Christchurch once you are back.
Cycling is part of the city plan. You will find separate paths for cycling in Christchurch. So, renting a bicycle can be very helpful as well. It is pollution-free and good for your health. It can cover all the local areas at once. It's a faster way of traveling as compared to walking. The rental bikes come with a GPS track which can lead you to the corners of the city which is not mentioned in your travel guide. There are a few hotels that provide such facilities. You can do research while booking the hotel so that you don't need to spend extra money on this.
Electronic cars are very popular with travelers. Most of the people choose electric cars for traveling because it is very eco friendly and cheaper. You can easily rent an electronic vehicle in Stuttgart. They have charging stations available all over the city which makes the journey even smoother. There are few Hotels in Christchurch who provide charging stations for rental electronic cars. If you are traveling from the other side of the city, you just need not worry about the charging station at all. You need to be very patient with electronic Vehicles as it can be very slow as compared to fuel-based cars.
There is a free bus service that covers the central part of the city. It is not just free but also eco friendly as it is an electric bus. Public transports are always best for travelers. It can cover the whole city and the outer areas as well. There are tourist buses for the tourists that cover all the travel spots which can be very convenient for travelers. It allows you to save a lot of money. There are different price packages depending on the different routes. A traveler has the liberty to choose according to the convenience.
Tram, Train and Subway
Christchurch is blessed with these facilities, trams, and trains. For a traveler who is also an adventure lover, it is very hard to resist the charm of traveling through a tram and train. Traveling doesn't always mean just exploring new places; it's about making good memories while you are exploring new places. One can never beat the charm of a train when it compares to traveling. Christchurch has a wide chain of tram and train routes. It is a faster mode of travel. You can travel hassle-free through these modes as they don't face any traffic as compared to buses and cars. Though the tram routes are limited to the central city.
Shopping is a must when you are traveling to a different city. You need to collect things which are popular. In Christchurch, there are plenty of local shops where you can buy stuff. There are a number of shopping malls and boutiques in Christchurch with a variety of stuff. Christchurch Cbd is the most popular place to shop. It has so many local shops selling international brands. You can go to The Tannery for shopping as well. They have a variety of fashionable homewares and paintings. This place is popular for new Zealand based products. The main highlight of the market is its ambiance. There are plenty of shops like this in Christchurch. You can buy kinds of stuff for yourself and your loved ones from these shops. And if you are looking for any particular stuff then you can go for the online options as well to buy the right thing you desire.
Riverside indoor market is very famous here. Food markets are the places where you will find the local food trends of the city. It is the easiest way to find out about the culture of the city. You can easily get traditional foods here. There are so many ethnic shops and restaurants. All the shops have this brilliant gallery where they display their food items. It is very fascinating and eye-catching. It looks like a festival, any time of the year. This food market is very massive. You will get here all types of cuisine, from traditional foods to international foods. They offer these items at a very good price as well. Friday street food market is also very popular.
Flea markets in Christchurch are the biggest attraction for the tourists. These markets sell second-hand goods at a very reasonable price. Being an eco-friendly traveler you should visit these markets. Travelers are very fond of these flea markets as they can get recycled goods here which helps them to control extra wastage. The flea market is in the open air, somewhat like stalls. Riccarton Rotary Sunday Market is a mix of craft stalls you can visit.
Second Hand Stores
Vinnies Bishopdale and Clothing warehouse are a very famous theft store in Christchurch. Travelers are very fond of these second-hand stores nowadays. When you are traveling, you are spending your money continuously every now and then. It can't be avoided but can be utilized in such a way where you can save more. Buying essential things from second-hand stores will help you to save that extra money.
Eco-Fashion is getting popular in Christchurch. People are opting for this culture happily. The concept of eco-fashion is to promote recyclable clothes made from organic products. Recyclable fabrics, plant-based dyes, organic cotton, etc. The crops which are used while making such cloths can be regrown. As these clothes are completely chemical-free it helps to control pollution.
In order to control pollution or minimize the effect of pollution, it is very important to recycle goods. There are plenty of shops in Stuttgart, offering such products. You can buy it once and use it multiple times. These products come at a very good price and can be very useful for your trip. Recycling goods includes all the fashion stuff from clothing to accessories.
The environment of Christchurch is highly polluted because of these chemicals discharged from these giant factories. The government has taken several measures to control pollution. There are several guidelines for the locals of the city to follow in order to get the maximum result. As a responsible traveler, it is your duty to explore the city in such a way that there are no traces left behind. Just enjoy the beauty of the city and leave it as it is.
Work and Study Abroad
People dream of studying and working in New Zealand. There is a wide range of choices for higher education universities in New Zealand. As the cost of living here is very affordable and once you start studying here you will get familiar with the culture and language. This will help you to grow more. It will be easier for you to get a job here as the unemployment rate here is very low. There are high chances for you to get a dream job for yourself and have a great life. The salary packages are very attractive.
The exchange student is very common in New Zealand now. They offer scholarships to their best students. The University of Christchurch welcomes exchange students from all corners of the world. They have many partner universities overseas. To get admission to Christchurch University, your home university should nominate your name first. You should be aware of the native language of Christchurch. Basic knowledge of the language is a must.
Au pair is very common in a foreign culture. In the initial stages, people take the help of Au Pair to survive in the city. In exchange for the household services the owner provides you a room to live in and food to eat and grants you some pocket money for personal use as well.
Do you want to make your favorite holiday destination to be more cleaned and healthier? Try Volunteering. Volunteering can be the best way to show your love for the city. You can volunteer for cleaning or medical bits of help.