Eco-friendly travel guide to Cluj-Napoca advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
- Air quality: 3.5 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 3.0 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 3.5 / 5
- Public transportation: 3.5 / 5
- Parks: 3.0 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 3.5 / 5
- Locals' English level: 2.5 / 5
- Safety: 3.0 / 5
- Accommodation: US$30 - $100
- Budget per day: US$45 - $150
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Traveling is one of the most beautiful aspects of life, and traveling to a new country with a rich cultural heritage teaches us a lot about life. However, as tourists, we must ensure that we are abiding by the country's rules and regulations as none of us are inherently accustomed to these norms. Thus, it is crucial to understand the way people behave and live their lives in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, so as not to be disrespectful towards their approach.
While visiting a new place such as Cluj-Napoca, Romania, tourists must make sure to give something to the city while taking away the happy and pleasant memories back with them. This could be done in various ways, and thus, being a responsible tourist is vital for the growth of tourism all over the world.
While traveling around the city of Cluj-Napoca, tourists are highly encouraged to root for public transportation services. Such activity will not only stop the traffic from becoming overwhelming, but it will also keep the city's pollution to the minimum. The public transport facilities in Cluj-Napoca are worthwhile and are also quite famous for sight-seeing and going to different sites of natural and cultural heritage.
You can even ride bicycles and motorbikes around the city if you happen to seek a better and intimate feel for Cluj-Napoca's beauty. As it is an old city and one of Romania's most popular ones, there are many aesthetic beauty sites that one could only visit by traveling around.
Tourists are also encouraged to support local businesses as much as they can. A local company in Cluj-Napoca could be either small scale or large scale, and tourists are known to have a deep affection for such resources. If you are looking forward to acquiring a memoir for yourself of your loved ones, you are highly recommended to go through the city's hub of local businesses. There you would find everything that is exclusively related to the history and heritage of Cluj-Napoca.
The city of Cluj-Napoca is quite famous for the style of food it offers to people, and it is yet another way of trying out new things while supporting the local businesses of Cluj-Napoca. Romania has an intense relationship with food, and this city's food culture is very renowned worldwide. Thus, tourists are highly encouraged to try out the new flavors and spices of Cluj-Napoca and support the local businesses, which are otherwise overshadowed by International brands.
It is also quite a responsible step for tourists to opt for green hotels and not go for fancy rooms for their Cluj-Napoca vacation. Traveling is seen as an escape and a will to explore new cities and their culture. As a result, relying on expensive hotel rooms is considered a waste of time and money, as you would spend most of your time exploring the beautiful city. However, choosing a green hotel for your stay is a fantastic choice as they are managed very thoughtfully, and minimal wastage is encountered. The concept of green hotels is prevalent in western countries, and tourists are encouraged to give them a try.
There are plenty of parks that showcase Cluj-Napoca's aesthetic beauty, and most of them are active throughout the year. However, being a responsible tourist, you must not litter or spoil the beauty of the place in any manner. There are several tourist spots and shops near these parks as well, and inside them, you can find beautiful and wholesome gifts for your friends and family.
The streets of Cluj-Napoca is always buzzing with local businesses and eateries while maintaining fundamental decency and cleanliness. This is a tremendous feat to achieve, and tourists from all over the world applaud it. Thus, to encourage local businesses' determination and well-being in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, tourists are often recommended to try out the indigenous style of food culture they inhibit. Their treats are not only worthwhile to have, but it also plays a crucial role in their tourism economy.
Air Quality and Pollution
Air quality and pollution are two of the most primary concerns for tourists while visiting a new place. It is quite necessary to have detailed information about the cleanliness and pollution status of the visiting country. This is to verify and make sure of tourists' well-being not to encounter an uncomfortable state.
Cluj-Napoca, Romania, is a city free from most of these concerns and is known for its pollution-free environment. As such, there are no risks regarding the quality of air or pollution. The Air Quality Index or the AQI of Cluj-Napoca is very positive, and it is safe for all traveling tourists.
Respect the Culture
It is crucial to understand the place we visit to ensure we abide by the state's rules and norms. Tourists are highly recommended not to be ignorant towards any form's cultural heritage as it may offend the native people. The best way to enjoy your stay at a new place is by being cautious and responsible. Insight has been provided about the cultural heritage of Cluj-Napoca to inform the tourists more about the area.
- Cluj-Napoca was initially set up as a Roman settlement. Later as a fortification of German impacts, the city formed into a thriving town during the Middle Ages and was reshaped in rococo style during the eighteenth century. It has the work of a Central-European social space.
- Public tutoring has existed here for more than 600 years. The Jesuits established the leading advanced education organization toward the finish of the sixteenth century.
- In the 20th century, the city experiences recorded and social encounters explicit to the entire Central and Eastern Europe, including the imaginative patterns of the period and the misfortunes of war; at that point, the socialist system and afterward the change to popular Government.
- It is likewise not misrepresented or strange to state that Cluj genuinely breathes in and breathes out craftsmanship. Impacted by the long scholarly convention that has been communicated from age to age, the occupants of Cluj adore and appreciate the theatres, displays, and shows coordinated in the city. Organizations like the Lucian Blaga National Theater, the Hungarian Theater, the "Puck" Puppet Theater, the Romanian National Opera, the Hungarian State Opera House, the Transylvania State Philharmonic, the Students' Cultural Centre, the Municipal House of Culture, just as autonomous establishments like the Impossible Theater or the Paintbrush Factory all exist together in harmony in this city.
- Additionally, the National Art Museum, the Ethnographic Museum of Transylvania, the History Museum of Transylvania, the Pharmacy Museum, the Zoological Museum, the Museum of Water, the Museums of Mineralogy, the historical centers of the Babes-Bolyai University, the Orthodox Metropolitan Museum of Cluj are holding countless perpetual and brief shows for intrigued guests.
- The central focal command for the Writers' Union of Romania, the Romanian Fine Arts Union, and the Union of Romanian Composers are situated in Cluj. Also, we have an enormous number of unfamiliar social foundations, for example, the French Cultural Institute, the German Cultural Centre-Goethe Zentrum, the Italian Cultural Centre, the British Council, the Polish Cultural Centre or the Confucius Institute.
- Cluj-Napoca is a memorable city, with a quickly developing number of aesthetic occasions. More than 100 celebrations bring yearly theatre experiences, dance, music, and visual expressions, both conventional and contemporary, to finish a rich social plan. Transilvania Film Festival (TIFF) is the most specific film grant and celebration in Eastern Europe. Its essence in the city throughout the previous 15 years is building up both crowd inclinations and expert decisions.
- Over the most recent four years, the public space has become the stage for several shows, celebrations, masterful mediations. Cluj Days, The Hungarian Cultural Days, the Visible City, Colors of Cluj, Photo Romania Festival and the Urban Stage are only a couple of models.
- In a spot that is prevalently youthful and dynamic, concerts – Jazz in the Park, Untold Festival, Electric Castle, Mioritmic, Delahoya, Transilvania Jazz Festival, International Jazz Day – assumed control over the city and offered back imperativeness to the roads that used to be so peaceful during summer occasions only a couple years prior.
- The most eye-catching 45 social foundations and associations in the city address yearly a crowd of people of 1.3 million individuals.
- Cluj-Napoca, close by Baia Mare, Bucharest, and Timisoara, is the Romanian urban areas that will partake in the last stage for the European Capital of Culture 2021 rivalry.
Top 10 Places to Visit
It is widespread to have several questions regarding the place you are about to visit. However, queries related to the best possible tourist destinations in a country are the most common ones. We, tourists, do not like to have an idea that restricts our mind and, as such, missing out on memorable tourist destinations and popular attractions are among the many turn-offs.
However, here is a detailed segment that marks the best places to visit while enjoying your stay in Cluj-Napoca. So, you might need to remember these popular attractions so that you do not miss out on their beauty.
- Central Library: The Foundation of the Library of the Transylvanian Museum Society began in 1859. In the year 1872 Foundation of the University Library alongside the formation of the University of Cluj introductory assortments: Law Academy of Sibiu, Academy of Medicine, private gifts, and the diversity of the Transylvanian Museum Library accessible to the University. In 1909 Opening of the Library in the new area and converging of the University Library and the Transylvanian Museum Library. The year 1920 marks the Library and the University initiation, within sight of the imperial family and the Romanian Government. The Library would be referred to starting now and into the foreseeable future as the "Lord Ferdinand" University Library in Cluj. After 1920, the library assortments were improved by the gifts of more than 125 organizations and private people. One can refer to the Romanian Academy's commitment, the State Archives, the House of Schools, the Museum of the Romanian Language, and so forth. In 1922 the most significant and essential gift was the one of the Moldavian researcher Gheorghe Sion. Somewhere in the range of 1922 and 1923, he gave an enormous number (around 4500 volumes) of significant books, audits, compositions, etchings, artworks, photographs, guides, coins and awards, and so on The Gheorghe Sion' gift speaks to the brilliant document of the Special Collections Department. In 1934 the development of the entire library building concluded. In the year 1961, Because of the consistent expansion in the library assortments and the absence of room to store them, another and present-day shut stack was inherent 1961, with a capacity limit of 2 million volumes. The structure of the new shut stacks is associated with the understanding rooms and the old shut stacks. In 1992 the computerization of all library exercises and administrations began 1992, and the cycle is as yet in advancement. A genuinely remarkable advance towards the new methodology in managing the data was the IT Department's production inside "Lucian Blaga" Central University Library.
- Cluj Art Gallery: Cluj Art Gallery is a desert garden of natural air for the Cluj people group, which opened its entryways for the watchers' eyes looking for magnificence in the fall of 2019, solidifying as an extension of the Vintage Shop established in 2017. The display is situated in the core of Cluj, on Paul Chinezu Street, number 4, is where culture and artistry are "siphoned" into the body of the city through an entire assortment of "courses" that appear as occasions, for example, workshops, workshops creation, meetings, good cause and to wrap things up presentations and openings. Another achievement happens in February 2020. With the craftsman Teodora Pop's assistance, a social trade is acknowledged between two elements with real similar artistry, particularly Cluj Art and Art-Hoc. The 315 sq. meter gallery is masterminded on three levels: to get visitors to display an account of a cutting-edge ecological space. Yet, besides alluring middle age, underground curves through the chronicled proposals of the past permit the association of a few occasions all the while, regarding the essential European principles. Access is free to all events coordinated by the display.
- The Confucius Institute: The Confucius Institute was made because of the craving to offer youngsters the chance to take Chinese classes and get acquainted with Chinese culture and development.
- The Book Corner: Situated in the focal point of the city, on the old Corso, which is as of now recuperating the polish of bygone eras, in a house over which history fell suddenly, disjoining the uniform space of the story, the bookshop is set up as a space to the high road. A road having a place with Central Europe, to the city and the public area, and yet or more all, of Cluj individuals.
- The Brush Factory: The Brush Factory is a position of creation and advancement of the current craftsmanship, filling in as a free social place. The task was started in 2009 by gathering specialists, trustees, makers, and social directors from Cluj, energized by the possibility that artistry makes a real effect over the network.
- The Centre of Japanese Art and Culture: The Centre of Japanese Art and Culture is a private establishment in Cluj-Napoca, which exercises to advance the Japanese culture. This middle's real worry is to make and keep an association between the Romanian and Japanese culture by setting up a network of individuals who love the Japanese culture, paying little heed to their zone of interest. Through its projects, wherein we can discover Japanese courses, courses of origami, the go club, and other such exercises, the Centre of Japanese Art and Culture attempts to uncover a legitimate Japanese culture picture. The Center has a library made particularly out of books concerning Japanese language and culture investigation. However, it also contains available media materials.
- The French Cultural Centre: The French Cultural Center speaks to an organization of the French Embassy in Romania. In Cluj-Napoca, the middle opened its entryways in 1991. The middle arranges courses of French, just as social projects. The French Cultural Center has a group of instructors represented considerable authority in educating French. Because of a rich encounter picked up from instructional courses in the nation and abroad, they realize how to adjust to the understudies' necessities and prerequisites handily.
- The German Cultural Centre: The German Cultural Center's program is intended for all individuals keen on German and European culture. It is considered to be a great place of interest who is eager to know more about the history of Europe.
- The Italian Cultural Centre: The Italian Cultural Center was opened in 2002, depends on the collaboration between the "Angels Bolyai" University and the Embassy of Italy at Bucharest, and contains a library (generally with books of writing, artistry, history, geology, culture and human progress, an assortment of Italian periodicals and mixed media materials), a video library, Internet access, gathering room, spaces for learning Italian and discussions, just as offices for different exercises. As fundamental exercises, the Center puts together gatherings, presentations with various subjects, and particular Italian classes on multiple levels. This middle is a significant image of the Italian Culture in the city of Cluj-Napoca.
- Transilvania Philharmonic Hall: As an aesthetic establishment devoted only to shows, the Philharmonic of Cluj was established through an official announcement given by the Council of Ministers from Romania in the fall of 1955, formally called: "The State Philharmonic Hall of Cluj." The musical groups were the incredible ensemble symphony with 75 musicians and an instrumental band of traditional music with 20 musicians.
There are quite a lot of aspects of Cluj-Napoca when it comes to tourist attractions. As such, if you are willing to Cluj-Napoca anytime in the future, you will never run out of aesthetic beauty and the rich cultural heritage packed in the city. Their room for exploration is massive, and there are multiple historical sites, including museums and parks.
- Botanical Garden: The Botanical Garden is a precious asset of Cluj, and it was discovered in the year 1872. These days, the nursery has a surface of 14 ha, a level distinction of 20 m and is isolated into different areas, protecting 11.000 displays: the fancy area ( The Mediterranean Garden, Rosarium, The Japanese Garden), the phytogeographic area (the plants are orchestrated by their characteristic associations – The Roman Garden), the orderly area (phyllo-hereditary standards coordinate the plants), the financial and clinical area, the site of unusual and endemic plants of Romania's vegetation. The two gatherings of nurseries, having a surface of 3500 m2, with tropical plants of extraordinary logical and practical interest, are striking. In the regions of the Botanical Garden works, the Botanical Institute, with two of its segments: the Botanical Museum (6 910 organic pieces, speaking to intriguing and indigenous plant shows) and the Herbarium (660 000 herbarium sheets of dried plants – orchestrated in unique storage spaces).
- Central Park: Central Park. Making Central Park had been one of the main activities of metropolitan redesigning of the city toward the nineteenth century's finish. Its motivation had been the making of a relaxation spot in the nearness of the downtown area. The territory field's underlying name was ants' forest arranged on the bank of the waterway Somes. Towards the start of the nineteenth century, this spot was visited by all Cluj residents; the furrier János Meleg furnished the general population with rewards. In 1827, the Women's Charity Organization will lease the woods to make a "place appropriate for long walks" and a more enormous garden dependent on a year's agreement. This agreement would likewise decide the district to start and support a portion of the works important to deplete and unite the land that had been a marshy region now and again overwhelmed by the waterway.
- Cetatuia Park: The Cetatuia Park marks a very distinctive incident in the past that occurred after Elisabeth's death. Roughly two years after her death, a statue in her memory in her name was placed in this region, and it was named after her. However, some parts of this park now belong to the Botanical Garden.
- The Faget of Cluj: Ensured regular zone and landmark of nature of extraordinary public interest, this region contains regular brush of raw oak and beech. The ensured territory has 10 ha and standard jam species and natural surroundings, vital from fauna, vegetation, and woods. It very well may be chatted with the object of science, schooling, and entertainment, offering the travel industry and amusement prospects in the environmental factors of Cluj.
- The hayfields of Cluj: This plant reservation with explicit vegetation to steppe zones in Eastern Europe-Asia involves a 2.5 ha surface, 3-4 km northwards of the Cluj-Napoca district. This booking is notable likewise on account of the snake of pasture, which lives there.
- Grigorescu Beach: Grigorescu Beach is one of the most common beaches in Cluj-Napoca, and it is more often visited by large groups of tourists from all over the world. The scenic beauty of this beach is magnificent and cherished by everyone who encounters it.
- Ștrandul Clujana: The Ștrandul Clujana beach is another primary beach in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, which is a place everyone should visit at least once in their lives. The night view of this beach is also quite beautiful, which makes up for a very romantic evening.
There are several distinct landmarks in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, famous for their architectural heritage and historical importance. Here are some of the best landmarks in Cluj-Napoca which every tourist is recommended to visit.
- The Orthodox Metropolitan Cathedral: The Orthodox Metropolitan Cathedral was built between 1923-1933 and is considered the most vital religious establishments in Cluj-Napoca.
- The Reformed Church: The Reformed Church was built in the year 1646. However, several stages led to this architectural beauty. The initial foundation was led out for building a monastery, which later transcended into the Church; it is known as today. The ceiling for the Church is made out of wood and many other precious artifacts.
Here are some of the essential museums in Cluj-Napoca.
- The Art Museum of Cluj-Napoca: The Art Museum of Cluj-Napoca is a measure to uphold and preserve Romanian culture's natural patrimony. With an assortment of more than 12,000 works of art, models, realistic expressions, and brightening pieces, it is considered one of Romania's leading galleries.
- The “Romulus Vuia” National Ethnographic Park: The National Ethnographic Vuia was built in 1929 and named after Professor Romulus Vuia. The showed pieces are old customary structures, gathered by their local foundations, society engineering landmarks, people establishments, expert workshops, wells, passages, enormous wooden crosses, and indoor materials.
Cluj-Napoca's city is famous for its food-making style and the variety of items one can consume throughout the day. If you are a foodie and love to try different flavors, you will certainly like this city's offerings.
Traditional Local Restaurants
Here are some of the traditional restaurants in Cluj-Napoca that offer delicious food and great ambiance.
- Agape á la carte: This restaurant is trendy in Cluj and is known to host parties and other arrangements. The food offered in this restaurant is very authentic and capable enough to provide you with the city's flavor.
- Arcimboldo: Another reference point among Cluj-Napoca eateries, Arcimboldo is the new gathering place for the individuals who bravery the global food, prepared with neighborhood flavors.
Vegetarian and Vegan
Although vegetarian food is not very popular in Cluj-Napoca, some restaurants offer pure and vegan food.
- Aroma: The aroma is a trendy restaurant in Cluj that offers pure and vegan eatables to its customers. Wedding ceremonies and other celebrations can also be arranged in this restaurant.
- Ary Restaurant: Ary restaurant is yet another well-renowned restaurant in Cluj-Napoca known for inducing great flavors into vegan food.
Cluj is known for its authentic style of street food and its delicacy. Here are some spots you can find in the city that is famous for Romania's original flavors.
- Shanghai: This place is famous for both Chinese and Romanian food and is well-renowned all over the city. If you happen to visit Cluj anytime soon, you are highly recommended to visit this place.
- Roata: Roata is yet another different place in Cluj that is famous for Romanian food and is considered a heaven for all food lovers. Here you can find the best food items that are deeply connected to the heritage of Cluj.
Cluj is known for its availability of fresh drinking water, and there are no concerns regarding the drinkable water in the city. There is no shortage of water supply in Cluj, so being a tourist in this city will not make your situation difficult.
Tap-water in Cluj is drinkable, but it is advised to boil it before consumption if you already have any pre-existing condition.
There are multiple organic cafes in Cluj, and you can get yourself to spend quality time with your loved ones in any of these cafes.
- 30 Plus
- After 8
- Booha Bar
Breweries are quite common in the city of Cluj, and here are some of the best ones you can visit to find yourself an enjoyable time.
- Casa Tauffer
- La Tevi
There are tons of different activities in Cluj which you can find amusing as a tourist. Even the most trivial activities, such as cycling around the city's outskirts, can be immensely refreshing and mind-blowing. The rich aesthetic beauty of Cluj makes it quite irresistible for the tourists to enjoy their stay.
Yoga and Retreats
Yoga and other similar practices are not common in Cluj as these activities were not very common and recurring in its history. However, you can find different ways to remain fit and calm while bonding with nature and Cluj's heritage.
Accommodation is one of the primary concerns for any travel and tourism industry, and since Cluj-Napoca is quite popular amongst tourists, this aspect is very well-managed. You can find yourself a hotel room at any time of the year. However, you are recommended to pre-book your stay to stay ahead of the rush.
The concept of Green Hotels is something that is much popularised in Cluj. The city is known for its cleanliness and management of resources. As such, tourists are highly encouraged to choose Green Hotels to stay in Cluj-Napoca to show concern for the city's well-being.
Hostels and Guest Houses
You can even book yourself affordable guest houses while staying in Cluj-Napoca. The services of these guest houses are very amusing, and most of them also come along with a great view of nature.
- Abi: This guest house has a great view of its surroundings, and it is enough to attract tons of guests and tourists to stay in this lodging.
- Agape: Agape is quite a unique guest house, which is also known for the scenic beauty that surrounds the complex. The staff service is fantastic, and tourists often refer to this guest house to others who visit Cluj.
- Alexis: Alexis is a modern adaptation for guest houses and lodging apartments, and it is recommended for short stays.
Tourists are often treated as guests in Cluj, and thus, the local people are often seen to rent their apartment rooms for tourists. This is a common practice in Cluj, and it is preferred by a lot of tourists and the commoners in the city.
Couchsurfing.com helps tourists become associates with the native people who are willing to be friends with them. This platform is mostly used by tourists interested in knowing more about the city's people and have a better understanding of their culture. In Cluj, this practice is has taken off pretty well.
Camping in the woods of Cluj is a viral and memorable activity and tourists who come to the city to stay for more extended periods usually go along with this sport. Camping has been an integral part of Western culture, and it is known to bring people closer to nature.
How to Get There
Cluj is a trendy and busy city in Romania. As such, public transportation is always available to let people have easy access to the town.
The Avram Iancu International Airport Cluj is the city's primary airport, and airlines from almost every country are connected.
Buses could be immensely helpful if you are willing to travel to Cluj from some other city in Romania. Bus journeys do not last very long. However, it depends on the distance from your location to the town of Cluj.
Train lines are very active in Cluj-Napoca, and it shares a standard route with most of the major cities in Europe. The train services of Cluj are very reliable even if you are traveling inter-city.
Hitchhiking is a widespread phenomenon in western culture, and people generously support this activity. However, if you are a tourist in the city, you must be cautious and careful while trusting a stranger.
You can even use boats and yachts for traveling around; however, the availability of their services is not very promising,
As a tourist, moving around in the city on your own might be a challenging task since you are not very well-acquainted with the roads and landmarks. Thus, it is advised to depend on public transports for the most part.
Walking around the city of Cluj, in the evening or early in the morning is very mesmerizing. The scenic beauty of the city is at its prime during this time. You can also walk around to close-by markets and gift shops.
Cycling is often recommended in the streets of Cluj if you want to explore the ins and outs of the city. It can often be very refreshing and make you feel ecstatic.
Electronic vehicles such as small cars are often used as public transport in Cluj. This not only saves energy but also helps to deal with traffic.
The public bus service of Cluj is very well-managed, and you can find yourself a bus to almost any part of the city at regular intervals.
Tram, Train and Subway
The city's railway service is one of the most dependable ones in the country, and it connects to all major cities across Europe and other nearby towns of Romania.
Shopping is an essential criterion for any successful tour, and to make things easier for all the tourists out there, a detailed list of the best shopping sites in Cluj is mentioned below.
- Central Shopping Center
- Iulius Mall Cluj.
- Platinia Shopping Center Cluj.
- Hipermarket Cora.
- Sigma Shopping Center.
Some of the best food markets in Cluj-Napoca are:
- Golden House.
- Hanul Dacilor.
- Napoli Centrale.
Here are some of the most popular flea markets in Cluj-Napoca.
- Piața Oser.
- Piața Mercur.
- Unirii Square, Cluj-Napoca.
Second Hand Stores
- Used Products Romania
- Humana Second Hand
- Textile House Romania
- Social Store
- L'shoes - incaltaminte second hand
While homemade handicrafts and handmade artifacts are not very popular in Cluj-Napoca, some stores have acquired expertise in this field:
- Meli Melo
Recycling is taken very seriously in Cluj-Napoca, and it plays a crucial role in the city's cleanliness. Proper and well-guided measures are taken to treat waste.
The city of Cluj is known to take practical steps to deal with waste production. Most of this waste is sent out for recycling, and the non-recyclable part is discarded off.
Work and Study Abroad
Cluj-Napoca is very welcoming towards international students and everyone who has a keen interest in knowing and learning more about European culture. There are plenty of degree courses in Romania which are well-renowned all over the world.
The foreign student exchange program is well-established in Cluj-Napoca. Each year, quite a lot of students visit this city from multiple different countries to mix with the students and Romania's culture.
The concept of Au Pair is not very popular in Cluj-Romania; however, nowadays, people adapt to this idea and accommodate tourists and individuals better.
Several groups and associations in the city of Cluj-Napoca believe in society's well-being and thus help people out whenever necessary. These groups voluntarily help the people in need and make sure no one is deprived of their necessities.