Eco-friendly travel guide to Daejeon advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Daejeon, South Korea.
- Air quality: 3/ 5
- Exploring by foot: 3 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 4 / 5
- Public transportation: 5 / 5
- Parks: 4/ 5
- Outdoor activities: 3 / 5
- Locals' English level: 3 / 5
- Safety: 4 / 5
- Accommodation: US$50 - $350
- Budget per day: US$300 - $500
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Some people have a hard time choosing a holiday destination. There are many popular cities worldwide. However, you must not always go with the popular options.
Allow us to tell you that some lowkey cities provide exciting activities for foreigners to do. One of such is Daejeon. It is the fifth-largest metropolis in South Korea.
Visiting this place is usually relaxing as you would have a full schedule of exciting things to do, enabling you to create memories that would last for a long time.
To travel responsibly to this region, you must ready to abide by the set laws and regulations. You should not do anything that will set off the locals.
It is also essential that you buy things from the local vendors to show that you appreciate what they do.
Air Quality and Pollution
Suppose you are a health-sensitive person. Slaying in a place with poor air quality will set off triggers. Thus, you need to know the air quality of a place before traveling to the city.
Such a category of person may have some challenges when visiting Daejeon. We are not saying that it is not conducive to live in this city. However, its air quality usually fluctuates.
Thus, you should have your medications and all other requirements if this is your desired holiday destination.
People usually engage in activities that lead to air pollution in this region. There are hopes of such activities reducing with time so that its air quality will improve. For now, everyone has to be conscious and careful to ensure that they stay healthy.
Respect the Culture
We earlier mentioned that you must abide by the laws and regulations when in Daejeon to be a responsible traveler. This includes having respect for their culture and traditions.
It is important to note that the locals see it as disrespectful to be touched by someone who is not a family relation. This especially applies to the women being touched by non-male relatives. It is also disrespectful to point your index finger at people in Daejeon.
When you address someone in this area, you should stick to their professional titles except when stated otherwise.
There is also the issue of tipping in this place and Korean culture as a whole. It is seen as disrespectful to give tips, so you should avoid doing it.
When you stick to the different regulations, they will see you as respectful, and you will have a smooth stay.
Top 10 Places to Visit
Some of the top tourist attractions in this region are:
- Jangtaesan Recreational Forest: It should be a surprise that some people use it as a campsite since it has a conducive environment. Its lush vegetations are always pleasing to the eyes. There are also walking and hiking trails at this place, making it a complete recreational center. The views are some of the best you can get anywhere.
- Ppuri Park: You will see many parks in this area, and this is one of them. What makes it endearing to most foreigners is that you can learn some aspects of the Korean culture as you walk around in this park. It has a peaceful atmosphere, making it a perfect place for relaxation. If you love to take pictures, this is a picture-perfect location. You will be happy to visit this place.
- Gyejoksan Mountain Red Clay Trail: If you love to hike, you should visit this place in Daejeon. You get to see many angles of the area as you hike in its forest settings. People are usually happy to explore this place as they say that it awes their imagination. The fact that its trails are red clay is also something that people enjoy. You should not be surprised to see people walking on it with bare legs.
- Sejong Lake Park: Some people love to visit lakes and parks. However, what do you think about a place that has both? Instead of focusing only on imaginations, you should visit this place when you are in Daejeon. It is an enabling environment for relaxation and having a quiet time. If you are looking for alone time, it is the best place to visit. We advise that you stay till night time to enjoy the fountain and light views. There are also bike trails at this place.
- Sikjangsan: This place is a mountain with an elevation of 596m. people say that you can get the best views of an area from the peak of a mountain. Thus, it would be best if you visit this place to enjoy pleasant views. If you love to watch sunrise or sunset, this is also the perfect location.
- Expo Bridge: It is a bridge in the area with colorful lights pleasing to the eyes, especially at night. This place also has a park for leisure and entertainment. If you are looking for one of the best bike trails in the city, you should visit this place. One can engage in different activities at this place, and you are sure to have fun.
- Daejeon Jungang Market: Remember how we said that being a responsible traveler entails buying from the local vendors? This is an open-air market where you can see many local vendors. There is no limitation to what you can get in this market. Many people enjoy visiting this place as they are sure to see something that will get their attention. It is one of the best in the area.
- Munui Cultural Heritage Complex: If you are a lover of nature, this is one of the best places to visit. As the name implies, you get to see many things that promote Korean culture. You also get to connect with the environment. The beauty of this place will put a smile on your face. There is also a lake at this place.
- Daejeon Aquarium: We know that many people are already familiar with visiting aquariums. However, the aquarium in Daejeon is of a high standard and will surpass your imaginations. You get to see many fishes from different parts of the world. There is also the option of getting an exclusive membership to this place. It is easy to lose track of time at this place.
- Daejeon O-World: It is a theme park in the city. You get to go on different rides, and it also has a zoo. The animals at the zoo are well-fed and taken care of consistently. We are sure that you will love both the park and the zoo. It is always a delight to visit this place.
Most tourists’ ideal thing is to visit a place that offers a lot of things to do. It is to ensure that they have many places to explore.
No one would not want to have an exciting time when in a new place. Else, they will not want to visit that place again.
We usually urge all foreigners to be open to the idea of exploration to ensure that they can have a complete feel of the area. After all, we are sure that you will want to have stories to share when you go back to your home.
If you are going to Daejeon, we can tell you that there are many places to explore. It is one of the reasons why it makes a perfect holiday destination.
Some of the city parks in Daejeon are:
- Yurim Park: This park is one of the perfect locations for taking a stroll in Daejeon. The flowers are soothing and vibrant. Thus, it is also not surprising that some people use it as a picnic location. Everything about this place is warm and welcoming, so you should visit it.
- Daedong Sky Park: At this place, you get to see Daejeon from a high angle. Some people might say that there is nothing much to do at this place. However, the views are always worth it. Thus, it is necessary to visit it.
- Jinjiang Rojas Daecheong Park: Many people love to visit this place, especially during the cherry blossom season. The cleanliness of this place is one of its strongholds. It is safe to say that it is a favorite for many people.
The national parks in Daejeon are:
- 계룡산국립공원관리사무소 공원매표소: One cannot deny the feeling of natural goodness when you visit this place. It is safe to say that it helps individuals connect with nature. There are restaurants at this place. Helping you get and enjoy the local meals. If you want to take a walk or climb some mountains, it is also the perfect location.
- Gyeryongsan National Park: Record has that this was the second park established in South Korea. It is a perfect place for hikers, and people also lose track of time visiting this place. You are sure to get incredible and beautiful views when you climb to the peak.
We have noticed that one of the things tourists love to do when it concerns exploring is to visit the different beaches in the area. From conversations, we see that they all have various reasons for loving the beach.
It could be a natural love for the waterside or the cooling effect from the atmosphere. However, beaches are one of the favorite places for many people.
We get questions from foreigners intending to visit Daejeon asking for information on beaches in the city. It comes as a downer when we reply that there are no beaches in this place.
That is not to say that you would not have a place to explore. We can assure you that you will have a swell time in this place even though there are no beaches.
Different cities have specific places that they refer to as landmarks. These are pointers that they use when trying to describe a place to people.
It could be a tall building. The effect here is that it is easily noticeable. Most times, you can even see it from afar.
It could also be a statue or image located at a strategic point. The idea here is that you cannot miss it because it has a compelling factor.
Many things can be described as a landmark. It varies based on where you are visiting.
We know that foreigners are usually happy to know the different landmarks. It gives them a sense of assurance that they won’t go missing while in a new place.
Some of the landmarks in Daejeon are:
- EXPO Hanbit Tower
There are many museums in Daejeon. Some of them are:
- National Science Museum: It is a suitable place for people of all age ranges. You are sure to learn something important before leaving this museum. Commendations are given to this museum as they are successful in relating their exhibitions to real-life situations. Thus, it is easily understandable. You will not regret visiting this place as they have a lot to offer.
- Daejeon Museum of Art: If you are a fan of art, this is the place for you. We can say that it is not like any other art museum as they find unique ways to display their exhibitions. Some people say that this museum is weird, but they still find it interesting. We know that you will enjoy visiting this place.
You will enjoy different types of Korean meals when you visit Daejeon. It could be that you have never had them before. The best thing is to get your tummy ready to savor the traditional local delicacies.
The different stew varieties in Daejeon are perfect for the tastebuds. Thus, every tourist must have a taste before leaving the city. It could be the Tofu stew or Army Stew. Both are also perfect options for vegans. Samgyetang is a type of soup with floating stuffed chicken. People usually request more when they taste this soup. If you love to eat pancakes, you should also try Haemul Pajeon. You will be asking for the recipe after tasting it.
There are many local food options in the city awaiting your consumption.
Traditional Local Restaurants
Here are some of the best traditional local restaurants in Daejeon. They promise you the best of the local delicacies.
- Chayhana: The meals’ price at this place is one of its top highlights as they are affordable. It is not surprising that there is a high inflow of persons coming in to eat. It is also safe to say that the staff and management are receptive, warm, and kind to foreigners.
- Nuovo Napoli: It is easy to feel overwhelmed by the menu of this restaurant. It has an array of food options that are pleasing to everyone. It is a typical Italian restaurant. Thus, you are sure of seeing some familiar meals. The atmosphere of this place is also top-notch.
Vegetarian and Vegan
There is also the case of having vegan restaurants in Daejeon. It only fits that there is provision for people with different meal preferences.
Some of the local meals in this city are perfect for vegetarians.
Some of the vegan restaurants are:
- Dulle: Everyone who visits this place only has good things to say about the meals. Thus, we urge foreigners to visit and enjoy the delicious food options. Without a doubt, these meals are well-prepared and are of high quality. You also have the assurance that they are healthy and a perfect choice for any vegan.
- Opeuli: They specialize in different vegan varieties, especially bread. This is not to say that non-vegans do not eat at this place. Their meals are also well-prepared and tasty.
If you love eating street foods, we know that you are eagerly waiting for the available street foods option in Daejeon.
There is an array of options. You might be familiar with some of them while others may be new. However, they are all appetizing. For those who might be confused, street foods are those meals that you can get on the roadside or in kiosks.
Doughnuts are one of the street food options in this city. We know that everyone would be familiar with this option. Thus, there is no hesitation in buying and eating it.
Kimchi-Ppang is pork buns that are also a part of the street food options. It is recommended to eat it hot.
There is also the option of live octopus. We know that some people are skeptical about this option, but the locals love you. You can take up the challenge and try eating it when you are in Daejeon.
We get many questions that concern drinks in Daejeon, and we are always happy to provide answers.
Some people are curious to know if alcoholic drinks are sold in Daejeon. Others want to know the different drinks to expect in the city.
If you are visiting Daejeon, you are sure to see different varieties of alcoholic drinks. There are no restrictions to the types of drinks available in this place. Most of the alcoholic beverages are Korean-made, so you will be tasting something unique.
We cannot start listing all the available drinks in this place as the list is inexhaustive. When you are in a gathering, it is normal to let others pour your drink while you pour theirs. It helps in bonding with the locals and forming friendships.
Drinking tap water in South Korea is an exciting scenario. People usually ask us if it is safe to drink tap water when they are in Daejeon.
It is helpful to know that tap water is safe to drink in all South Korean regions, and Daejeon is not an exception. However, Koreans do not indulge in drinking tap water.
When you are in Daejeon, you may get a side-eye from the locals if you decide to drink tap water directly. This is sometimes confusing since the water is safe and portable.
What happens here is that the locals love to safe when it comes to drinking water. Thus, they go the extra mile to boil water or filter it before drinking. If you are not up for such a process, you can buy bottled water.
Some of the organic cafes in Daejeon are:
- The Chocolate: You cannot say that you had a complete stay in Daejeon if you have not had chocolate tea from this place. It also has different options of healthy chocolate and a cozy ambiance. It is a favorite for many people in the city.
- Chaedam: It comes in handy that this place has the buffet option, almost like a party. Many people commend that this place is beautiful. You are sure to get many healthy choices when you eat at this place. We can assure you that the things you eat here are delicious.
- Hee's Mill: It is a beautiful café, giving it a perfect ambiance. You cannot go to this place without enjoying it. It is one of the top recommendations in the city.
We already mentioned that there are drinks in Daejeon that were produced within the country. Thus, one would expect that there would be breweries somewhere around, and they do not mind exploring.
People get excited at the thought of tasting drinks directly from the source. Thus, we get questions asking if there are breweries in Daejeon.
From research, there is a brewery in the city. Thus, coming in handy for drink lovers. The brewery in Daejeon is:
- 더랜치브루잉: There are different varieties of beers in this brewery, and we are sure that you will enjoy yourself when you visit it. Many people say that it has some of the best beers in Korea. You will not regret visiting this place. The atmosphere is also always upbeat.
Understandably, people are diverse and sort different types of activities to do when in a new place.
We have seen that fishing and kayaking are some of the activities people do in other places from extensive research. Thus, there are also questions to know if it is possible in Daejeon.
These are water activities, so there need to be water bodies for this to be feasible. We cannot say that people can engage in such activities in Daejeon. After all, the city does not even have a beach.
There are no water bodies in this city, so it is not possible. Instead, it would help if you stick to other activities, especially those that are not water-dependent. We shall highlight some of them so that you will have a swell time.
Yoga and Retreats
Although you cannot engage in water activities when in Daejeon, you can get involved in yoga.
We are sure that almost everyone worldwide has heard about yoga before. However, it is more prevalent in some places.
We can say that Daejeon is one of those cities where yoga is popular. Many people in this place engage in yoga, and there are yoga centers.
It is safe to have high expectations when engaging in yoga in this city, and it also creates perfect bonding moments.
You do not need to be an expert before engaging in yoga, as the yoga studios have professionals on the ground to teach newbies. Being a yogi in this city is exciting as you have many people around you engaging in the same thing.
There is always a need to ensure that you have proper accommodation plans before deciding to travel to a new place.
Some people feel that it is not necessary. They think that they can sort that out once they get to their holiday destination. However, you are at the risk of being frustrated if you go with such a method. It is essential to check early so that you know the amount to budget for accommodation.
These are not always as they seem. One clear fact is that you are better prepared for a situation when you have adequate information. We would highlight some of the available accommodation options in Daejeon.
Did you know that some hotels are eco-friendly? This should not come as a surprise as the world is advancing and people constantly think of how to improve their environment. These eco-friendly are called green hotels.
Some people may already know about this. Thus, we get questions asking if such an option is available in Daejeon.
You can stay in a green hotel when you visit this city. If it is your first time, we are sure that you would love the experience. If it is not the first time, we can assure you that they would meet your expectations.
These green hotels are usually clean and well-maintained. There is no compromise to your comfort when you stay in a green hotel.
Some of them in Daejeon are:
- Benikea Hotel Daelim
- Stendhal Hotel
Hostels and Guest Houses
It may not always come to mind, but staying in a hostel or guesthouse is a part of the available accommodation options in Daejeon.
These are less expensive options, so you do not need to have a high accommodation budget. It also comes in handy if you are traveling in a group as there are bunk beds in some of the rooms.
If you are traveling solo, you should be ready to compromise and accommodate strangers as you would be pairing up with others in the rooms.
Your comfort will not be compromised as there is usually a cozy feeling that comes with staying in a hostel or guesthouse. You can also make friends at this place.
People say that it is impossible to have a dull moment when staying in a guesthouse or hostel.
Some of them in Daejeon are:
- Guesthouse Sky Garden
- 위딘 게스트하우스 Withinn Guesthouse
- Daedeok Guest House
The idea of staying in an apartment is to ensure that you have a free and relaxing stay when you are in the city. Typically, you get everything done for you when you stay in an apartment. It is why they are called serviced apartments.
There are many of such options in Daejeon, so you should add them to the list of your list of available options.
Since it is not right to generalize, we cannot state the amount you should budget when for staying in apartments. However, you can get an idea when you search for these options.
We can assure you that you will be on broad smiles when you decide to lodge in an apartment during your stay in Daejeon as their customer service is efficient, and they are always ready to ensure that you are comfortable.
Another way of living when you are in a new city or place is through Couchsurfing. Here, you get to stay in the home of a local.
It is helpful to know that you are staying for free. Thus, you do not need to bother about having an accommodation budget. It comes in handy for those who do not want to spend much when traveling.
There is a worldwide Couchsurfing website that helps those interested in this idea. All you need to do is input the city or region, and it brings up locals who are willing to host tourists in their homes.
It is usually exciting to stay with these people as you get personal teachers and tour guides. The locals will help you learn everything about the city.
Daejeon comes to play as a perfect city for campers. It is because it has an enabling natural environment that comes off as ideal camping locations.
When you are in the city, you will see some classified campsites. However, there are other places where you can set up tents and things needed for camping. The idea of camping is not new to its locals as they know that they have a lush environment. Many of them also love the idea of connecting with nature.
It would be best if you do not hesitate to speak out your camping desires when visiting this city. The locals will be sure to link you up with other campers.
It is helpful to be open-minded while on a camp as that is the only way to enjoy and have a fun experience.
How to Get There
Getting to Daejeon should be one of the first thoughts on your mind when you have it as a holiday destination. It is always proper to know your traveling routes so that you do not get missing.
Understandably, you might not have visited this place before. It is why you need to collect all the necessary information. Do you what means of transport can take you from your current location to the city?
It is essential to know such information so that you can plan your transport fare. We know that tourists do not like to be taken unaware when traveling to a new place. This is to ensure that there is no dent in their budget not to be stranded.
Knowing how to get there is always necessary information.
Can one use air in reaching Daejeon?
There is no airport in the city, so it is easy to assume that using air to this place. However, you can land in the closest airport to the city if you love using air to travel.
Those who desire to use air to Daejeon will land at Incheon Airport in Seoul. From there, you get a bus shuttle that takes you to Daejeon. There is a rough estimated time of 3 – 5 hours for the journey.
Since there are regular bus shuttles from this airport to Daejeon, you are sure of always seeing a bus that will take you to the city. Thus, we can say that using air is feasible even though there is no airport in Daejeon.
There is also the option of using a bus to get into Daejeon. The question to this option concerns where people can get a bus that takes them to this city.
For anyone coming in from outside South Korea, the option of using a bus to Daejeon is impossible. You must be within the country for this option to work.
After all, Daejeon is not even the capital city of South Korea. It is unthinkable that you will get a bus from a location outside the country. Besides, do you wish to spend days on the road?
Daejeon does not have a road connection with places outside South Korea. Thus, using a bus to this place is not feasible. If you are already within the country, you can choose this option.
It is safe to say that there is an efficient railway system in Daejeon. Thus, it is not out of place to imagine that one can travel to the city by train. However, allow us to tell you that using a train to this city works the same way as using a bus. If you wish to use a train to get into Daejeon, you should be within South Korea.
Those who are in Seoul or Busan have it easy. This is because their railway terminals have direct trains to Daejeon.
It is always important to remember that trains are slow. Thus, you should not expect to get to your destination quickly. However, you are sure of your comfortable whenever you use a train in this region.
If one can get free accommodation in a new place through Couchsurfing, the idea of getting a free ride should not be unthinkable.
'It is safe for us to say that hitchhiking happens in Daejeon. However, it would be best if you do not always put your mind to it. We are not assuring you that it works consistently.'
Since trains are one of the most typical transportation means to this city, it is not surprising to see people asking for a free ride at train stations. It is only standard that you should already be within South Korea before harboring the idea of hitchhiking.
When at the train station, you might see someone who agrees to pay your fare.
It is important to note that hitchhiking does not always work in this region.
Are there other means of getting into Daejeon? We get this question from tourists sometimes.
Once they ask such, we know that they are curious to see if it is possible to travel to Daejeon through the water with a ship or boat. However, it is not possible.
Daejeon is not known for its water bodies. We earlier stated that there are no beaches in this city, neither can a person engage in water activities. Thus, the idea of using a ship or boat to the town is not feasible.
We know that this may come as sad news to those who enjoy the experience of traveling through water bodies. You can enjoy such when you are traveling to other places.
To get into Daejeon, you should stick to other transportation means like air, bus, or train.
What happens next when you get to a new place? The next ideal thing is to learn how the people move around.
It is already a fact that foreigners love to explore a new place. This will not be possible if you do not know how people move around.
Asking questions and knowing your available options makes life easier. The locals are always the best to answer questions that concern moving around as they will give you the hacks. We will try to highlight some of the options and provide a general overview.
You should never ignore details about moving around as one cannot stay in a specific spot all through when in a new place.
Learning how to move around increases the number of things you would do in Daejeon.
There is the option of walking around when you are in Daejeon.
Understandably, this option comes in handy when it is a small city. Daejeon is not a small city. However, we cannot rule out walking as a means of moving around.
When you are going to a short distance, you can choose to walk instead of getting on other means of transport. As you walk around, you get the time to collect your thoughts and have some reflections. You also get to see some attractions or things you may have missed if you were on any means of transport.
If your desired tourist attractions are close to each other, you can choose to walk. Some people even say that walking is therapeutic. You will also see walking trails in Daejeon.
The system of using a bicycle to move around in Daejeon is called Tashu.
Interestingly, there are bike stands in the city. A person can borrow a bicycle to move around. However, you must provide a valid means of identification.
It is not surprising that there are public bicycles for movement in this city. After all, you will see many bike trails when you visit.
There is also the option of using electronic vehicles like a scooter to move around. In this case, you have to provide a driver’s ID card. The laws that apply to driving a car are the same as using a scooter in this place.
It would help if you stick to them to avoid issues with the authorities. It is also vital to drive using a helmet.
There is an extensive public bus system in Daejeon. It is safe to say that using a public bus is the most popular way of moving around in the city.
These buses cover different routes, and you can tell from their bus colors.
Red, blue, and green are the colors used to differentiate the different buses. The locals will better explain how the bus system works in terms of payment. However, the fare is considerably cheap.
Tram, Train and Subway
Some people feel that it would be better to use the subway to avoid public bus traffic issues.
It is not surprising, especially as the subway is clean. Thus, making it more appealing. We cannot say that the subway system within this city is efficient as the trains are inconsistent. However, you can give it a try.
Sustainable shopping is something that every tourist should do when in a new city. It is a way of patronizing the local vendors.
If you do not do this, how do you intend to boost their economy? After all, the economy helps them to improve the tourism sector.
You are also helping yourself by buying the things you need. Without a doubt, you will always see something you desire.
You can start your sustainable shopping by visiting the food markets in the city. After all, is there anyone who does not need food?
As you dialogue with the sellers, they become more friendly and even make recommendations.
Buying from the food markets shows that you have an interest in their local meals. Such an action is usually pleasing to the locals.
Some of these markets are:
- Daejeon Jungang Market
- 롯데마트 노은점
Some people find it hard to differentiate a flea market as it operates almost the same way as regular markets.
However, it is easier to make negotiations at a flea market. There are no many flea markets in Daejeon.
Buying from flea markets is a means of sustainable shopping, so you should not shy away from it. After all, almost all foreigners wish to be responsible travelers.
Second Hand Stores
You can also engage in sustainable shopping by buying things from a second-hand store.
The idea of a second-hand store does not mean you are getting things of lesser quality. Instead, you are getting items that people do not need again as they can do without them.
There is an array of things you can get at such stores. Thus, it would be best if you do not sleep on it.
Fashion has evolved over the years. One of such ways is what we now have as eco-fashion.
It is the way of using recyclable items to make functional clothing. Buying such is also termed sustainable shopping. When you buy from the vendors, you are improving their craft by boosting their morale about what they do.
Eco-fashion items are also always appealing and unique.
One of the top things about the people of Daejeon is that they are active in recycling. These people are conscious about separating their waste to ensure that recyclable items are sent to suitable quarters.
This gave birth to the rise of eco-fashion and more within the city. The rate of recycling in Daejeon is high.
Many people need to learn from this city. As a foreigner, you should also learn a thing or two.
The waste management system in Daejeon is efficient and active. The people have a goal to ensure that their environment is always clean.
Everyone must put their waste in a specific bin bag and take it to a designated area. From there, the appropriate body will take over.
It is helpful not to go against any rule concerning waste management in the city.
Work and Study Abroad
There are many educational institutions in this city. It is not surprising when people pick it as their preferred place of learning. Some people usually ask if it is allowed to work while studying in Daejeon. The answer is yes, it is possible.
As a foreigner, if you have a student permit, you can work up to 20 hours weekly.
Are you looking to learn more about the Korean culture in Daejeon? You can do this as an exchange student in any of its institutions.
If you go through this, you will realize that you are not the only exchange student in the city. These international students are well-treated.
Some students do not want to go back to their regular institutions at the end of their exchange programs. This is due to the love they now have for Daejeon.
Understandably, not many people have heard of the au pair system before.
It is a system that allows people to get jobs quickly. This is possible through its website.
If you urgently need something to keep busy, you should visit their website and indicate their location to see available jobs. Most of these jobs entail that you are working with a family.
If you want to be a volunteer in Daejeon, you should check for the sectors that need help. That is the only way your impact can be felt.
Your zeal to be a volunteer should not end when you have gotten the job or mid-way into it.
Volunteering is exciting when you are getting results from it. We are sure that the locals will be happy and you will not regret it.