Eco-friendly travel guide to Dublin advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Dublin, Ireland.
- Air quality: 4 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 4 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 3.5 / 5
- Public transportation: 3.5 / 5
- Parks: 3 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 5 / 5
- Safety: 4 / 5
- Accommodation: US$20 - $350
- Budget per day: US$50 - $650
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Dublin is not only the capital but also the largest city of Ireland. This city is located on the banks of the Liffey River and home to amazing historical buildings. Apart from historical monuments and stories, there are many other famous attractions available in the city that invite a lot of tourists every year. While some of the travelers are visiting to see the wonderful places, others just want to explore the culture as much as possible.
The diversity in this city is like no other and traditions date back hundreds of years. The nightlife of this city is very unique as the local people are friendly and love to party a lot. The picturesque mountains and great people in the city will make the trip memorable. Dublin has so much to offer so as a responsible tourist it is your duty to give back to the city as a responsible traveler as well. There are many ways to do that like:
- Choosing the right transport method: A major part of your travel experience is discovering every nook and cranny of the city. While you will have transport options like private cars and taxis at your disposal you need to know that not only do they contribute to more congestion and traffic pollution but also emit harmful gases into the environment. So, choose options like walking, cycling, electronic, and public transportation in general.
- Trying local food: A huge part of the local culture is the traditional food that is offered at the local traditional restaurants and by street food vendors. Instead of just sticking to international fast-food franchises that contribute to so much waste being produced in the world, you should try the local options. Not only will it help the local economy but also will directly help the families whose sole source of earning are these small food businesses.
- Do not throw waste: As an eco-friendly traveler, you need to promote green as much as possible in the city to motivate not only fellow tourists but local people. When you visit any tourist attractions especially city parks, make sure you do not throw any food wrappers and do not just stop at that but if you see any trash, pick it up and throw it in the dustbin. It might look like a very small thing to do but has a huge impact on people watching especially the children present in the park since they learn and mimic the behavior of other people around them.
- Choose a green hotel: Plenty of accommodations are available in the city that provides you with a top-notch experience but instead of choosing them, you can pick green hotels for your stay. They use eco-friendly measures to reduce the pollution and waste of the city. This is one of the great ways to contribute towards to city to keep it safe and clean.
- Shop local: In order to support local craftsmen and artisans always shop local. During your trip to the city, you will come across small shops and food stalls in almost every lane of the city. If you want to have an unforgettable experience in the city, then buy goods and foods from these shops. This will not only help you to save a lot of money but you will be supporting a lot of local people who are dependent on their small businesses to earn a livelihood.
Air Quality and Pollution
Staying safe and healthy during a trip is the topmost priority of any traveler. One of the things that can make you sick is the air quality of the city. So, before visiting the city, you need to know what is the air quality of the city. The air quality of Dublin is very good and all the pollutants are under the threat level, which makes it one of the safest places to travel. The Air Quality Index ranges from 10-25 which is excellent.
However, you need to take precautions for emergencies or other sudden changes in the weather. Things like masks, medicines, and others might come in very handy during the trip. If you have some conditions like asthma or other serious breathing problems, then you might need to visit a doctor before starting your trip. Some mountains and other places are situated very high from sea level. So, the doctor will help you to know what are the medicines and things that you need to take to stay safe.
Respect the Culture
As mentioned earlier, culture is one of the things in the city that invites people all over the world to Dublin every year. Many travelers stay in the city for a long time to explore the culture and know a lot about the lifestyle of the local people among other things. If you are one of those travelers who want to explore the city very well, then you will need to pay attention to every detail of the city. From buildings, clothes to foods and drinks, the rich cultural reflection is available in almost all the different things.
Some people also call this capital city "The City of Living Culture" for having a unique heritage of music. Some of the most important things about this city's culture are music, folklore, language, cuisines, literature, sport, clothes, and other things. If you are lucky, then you might also catch some festivals in the city that will help you to know more about their rich culture and traditions.
Top 10 Places to Visit
Before you plan your trip to Dublin, you need to know which are the places that you need to visit first after reaching the country. Although there are plenty of attractions available that will take your breath away. But here are the top 10 of those spectacular places that you need to add to your must-visit list on the trip.
- Dublin Castle - One of the places in Dublin that you must include in your list of places to visit. This castle was built in 1204 and was known for being the seat of power of the British rulers for more than 700 years. Although the castle was damaged during a fire incident, it still looks stunning with the green garden in front of it. You will be able to know a lot about the history of the city by visiting this castle with the help of events and special exhibitions
- Guinness Storehouse - This is a seven-story, interactive structure located in Dublin that pulls a lot of crowds. Visiting this attraction will help you to know Ireland's most famous export's process and history. You can book a Signature Package Tour to skip waiting in the queue and get a memento gift box containing very good gifts
- The Book of Kells - If you love to read books and learn the history of a place, then you need to visit this library. This might be one of the most important and remarkable places in the city that will help you to get some of the rarest manuscripts. You will find some of the old writings with pigments in the guided tour of this library
- Howth - Want to have some fresh air of the sea and a unique fishing experience? Well, you can visit Howth for that which is an ancient fishing village located on the northwest side of Howth. You will find some of the amazing seafood restaurants available in this village along with many handicraft shops
- St Patrick's Cathedral - As the name suggests, this is one of the best churches in Dublin that comes with an amazing story. According to legends, this is the very place, where once a well was situated that Saint Patrick used to baptize people into Christianity. This structure was built around 1220 - 1260 and offers a library as well
- Croke Park - This is the third-largest stadium in Europe that is named after one of the first patrons named Archbishop Croke. You can get a tour of this place to visit the VIP area, stadium, dressing room, and other places of the stadium very well. The best part of the tour is getting to the Ericsson Skyline, which is 17 storey. It will give you a view of the whole city and beyond
- Kilmainham Gaol - If you want to know the story of the independence of Ireland, then a visit to Kilmainham Gaol is a must. Some of the most famous figures of Irish history are interred here such as Patrick Pearse, Henry Joy McCracken, and others. Later, it became an Irish monument, which is very popular. The guided tour to this place include National War Memorial Gardens as well
- Ha'penny Bridge - Built in 1816, this is the very first pedestrian bridge in Dublin. In the initial stage of building the bridge, officials charged toll from all the people who wished to cross. However, the toll system was removed in 1919, and later the bridge got redecorated. More than 85 % of the original artwork is retained to make it look wonderful
- The Teelings Distillery - Irish whiskey is very famous all around the world, and it was known to be the world’s most popular in the past. However, with the invention of different methods of manufacturing, things changed a lot. Later, Irish whiskey started again after 125 years with the opening of this distillery. You can taste different whiskeys and witness the making process in the guided tour
- Abbey Theatre - This is the notorious theatre of the city that is known for offering controversial shows. This theatre once triggered riots around 1907 and 1926. Although things have changed a lot these days, you can still enjoy the great tour backstage. This place is still considered to be one of the top class theatres in the city
There is so much to explore in Dublin, so many places to see, so many activities to take part in and so much of the food to try. You will not get bored at all if you just make a proper itinerary and follow it. There are hidden gems that have been mentioned in this article that are worth visiting/trying.
- Eamonn Ceannt Park - Not just a park for sitting around and spending time. If you are a sports lover then this will be your favourite park in the city because it has football pitches, tennis courts, basket ball courts, running tracks, an outdoor gym with changing facilities, playground for kids and so much more.
- Bancroft Public Park - Ideal for children and spending a family time either having a picnic or just getting some fresh air, You will love the greenery and peace the park has to offer.
- Wicklow National Park - Out of all of the National Parks in the country, this is the biggest one. You will see greenery as far as the eye goes. One thing you need to keep in mind is to be extra careful about throwing trash etc because National Parks are protected areas.
Dublin has a good variety of beaches to visit if you fancy a dip, want to sunbathe or want to enjoy some water sports. Some of the beaches worth visiting are:
- Donabate Beach
- Velvet Strand
- Killiney Bay
The most important landmarks are:
- Dublin Castle
- Glasnevin Cemetery
- Trinity College
- Phoenix Park
- Casino Marino
- National Museum of Ireland – A museum with so much to offer especially about the history of the country and the region. A must visit if you truly want to explore the city.
- National Print Museum- You will notice that this museum is spread all over the internet. It is because it has some artifacts of the 19th-century printing equipment. Have a tour of this beautiful place and get to discover something very extraordinary.
One of the things that make the trip more interesting is the food of the city. Food is a very important thing that helps to reflect the culture very well. You will be able to find many tourists in the city who are on the trip to try and explore the different foods and traditional dishes of the city.
Apart from traditional dishes, there are also some other types of foods available in the city that you can try such as international food, seafood dishes, and others. There are restaurants available in the city on all the corners that offer plenty of dishes at a low cost. However, make sure to try the street food dishes as well to get the best eating experience in Dublin.
Traditional Local Restaurants
Your experience will be incomplete if you do not visit a. traditional restaurant in Dublin offering local delicacies. The traditional food is always a true part of the culture of any place and worth trying. Here are some of the restaurants that you need to visit in the city that you need to visit for the best experience.
- Delahunt - While Ireland is known around the world for great music, this restaurant is popular for offering some mouth-watering Irish dishes. They use traditional Irish cooking techniques that help to get the raw traditional flavor in the dishes. The menu of the restaurants keep changing very frequently, make sure to try some of the popular dishes like quail's egg, seaweed potato, frisee, and others
- Madigan's Earl Street - This is a traditional pub and a restaurant that offers a long list of Irish dishes such as red meats, seafood, root vegetables, Gunness stew, and others. Great selection of music and good decoration of the restaurant makes it more comfortable for tourists
Vegetarian and Vegan
If you a are a vegetation and worried about food options in Dublin, you do not need to sweat. there are so many options that you will be confused about what to try and what to miss. Some of the places worth visiting are:
- Cornucopia - When it comes to taste some of the best vegetarian traditional dishes in the city, make sure to visit this restaurant. This is one of the oldest restaurants in the city that has been serving customers since 1986. This restaurant is run by family members for past generations and offers some of the signature dishes to the customers
- Govinda's - This is another popular destination for all vegetarian lovers in the city. This restaurant has two locations in the city, one on Abbey Street and another on Aungier Street. You will get Western and Indian vegan dishes on the menu that will help you to get a very good experience. The menu of the restaurant offers a wide collection of dishes that makes it very attractive
As mentioned above, street food is one of the best things in the city that can boost your eating experience. There are some of the street food dishes that offer you the best traditional experience. The price of street foods is very low compared to the dishes that are available in restaurants. So, it will help you a lot to save a lot of money.
It will also help the local sellers a lot to get support as most of them are dependent on tourism for their profession. Apart from street food stalls, there are plenty of famous cafes available roadside that can help you to get popular street foods at low prices. Some of the most popular street foods that you need to try in Dublin are:
- Steamed buns
- Spice bag
- Falafel bites
- Fish and chips
Drinks are as important as the local food of the city and help to get a very good cultural experience. There are plenty of different drinks available in the city. From traditional drinks to beers and soft drinks, you will find them all. Being the capital city, you will be able to get some of the best drinks at low prices.
Also, the city is very well known for offering wonderful nightlife to travelers. There are many pubs, clubs, and nightclubs in the city that offer plenty of drinks at low prices. From local to international, there are many beers and whiskeys available in the city that offer a completely unique taste to the travelers. Here are some of the details about drinks that will help you to know more.
Mostly, the tap-water of the bigger cities is safe to drink and pollution-free. Being the capital city of Ireland, you will be able to get drinkable tap water in the city. Most of the local people of the city use tap water for drinking and other purposes. In most of the restaurants, they serve tap water for drinking as it is completely safe. There are no reports of people being affected by drinking tap-water or developing different conditions.
The tap-water of the city meets the standards of WHO. However, if you want to feel safe in the city and do not want to take the risk, then it is best to boil and filter the water very well before drinking. Apart from that, you will be able to get the packaged drinking water available in the city as well. Almost all the corners of the city, you will find shops that sell packaged water to customers.
There are many travelers around the country who like to eat organic food. It helps them to get a lot of energy and stay healthy for the whole trip. However, it gets very hard for tourists to find organic cafes. Being the capital city of Ireland, you will not face this problem while visiting Dublin as there are plenty of organic restaurants and cafes available in the city. Make sure to explore all the corners of the city very well to find the organic cafes easily. Most of these hotels offer a wide range of dishes and organic food ingredients at a low cost. You can take the help of online services to book tables in these cafes. Some of the most famous organic cafes in the city are given below.
- Cornucopia Restaurant
Dublin is very well known for having a colorful and rich nightlife with plenty of different drinks. You will find some of the rarest and best-selling beers and whiskeys in the city that will help you to get a very good experience. From many local beer brands to international, you will be able to find a lot of different types of drinks in the city. You will be able to visit the famous breweries of the city to witness the making process of beers, whiskets, and others. You might also get the opportunity to taste them for free or with charge. Here are some of the famous beer places that you need to visit in the city.
- Jameson Distillery Bow St - This is one of the places in the city that pulls a huge crowd of travelers for being the best selling Irish whiskey in the world. Although, you will not be able to see the distilling process in this place anymore but taking a tour in this place will help you to a lot about the founder, making process, and other things about the whiskey
- The Teelings Distillery - Irish whiskey is one of the drinks that are popular around the world. It is even more popular than scotch in Scotland, but popularity has decreased a lot in the last few years. You can take a tour of this distillery to witness the handcrafted whiskey-making process and taste them as well
Plenty of activities are waiting in Dublin to be explored by the tourists. You will find a long list of activities available in the city that can help you to get a very good experience. From historical buildings to others, there are places that invite a lot of people every year to the city. This city is home to many mountains and famous museums that will help you to know the history of the city. Also, you can visit the city parks, historical places, and other things in the city.
Apart from these places, there are also many outdoor activities available in the city that you can participate in. Some of the most common activities that you can take part in in the city are rock climbing, hiking, trekking, fishing, water activities, and others. There are some other activities that you can only book using online services.
Yoga and Retreats
If you want to stay healthy during the trip, then yoga is one of the best ways for travelers. Now only it helps to stay physically fit, but it also helps to get the energy back and calm your mind. You will not have much problem finding yoga and retreats in this city as it offers plenty of them. Compared to other cities, you will find a lot more yoga and retreats that offer reasonable packages to travelers. The local people of the city like to participate in yoga classes to improve their mental health and get a break from their daily routine. It is best to take the help of online services to find these yoga centers and book them earlier to book your seat. Some of the famous yoga centers of the city tend to get full very quickly.
Accommodation plays a major role in boosting your travel experience. As Dublin is the capital city of Ireland, you will be able to get some of the best accommodation options available in this city. From expensive hotels to cheap apartments, you will be able to get plenty of options in different ranges. Some of the most famous accommodations that are mostly chosen by all the eco-friendly travelers in the world are the green hotels.
You will be able to get plenty of green hotels available in the city that will help you to get a very good experience. Try to book your accommodation in the middle or center of the city to get connected to the different corners very well. It is best to book the accommodation with the help of online services before your departure to ensure your rooms and avoid last time hassle. Here are some of the most chosen accommodations that you can get in the city.
As mentioned above, green hotels are one of the best accommodations for you to stay in the city without polluting it. You will get plenty of green hotels available in the city that will help you to get a comfortable stay and stay safe in the city. From expensive to very cheap ones, different types of green hotels are available in the country. The best thing about green hotels is that it offers all the facilities that are available in all the other accommodations. You will not have to compromise any of the facilities by staying in these hotels. Here are some of the most popular green hotels in the city that you can choose to stay in.
- The green - This is one of the popular green hostels in the city that you can choose for your stay. The hotel is located in the center of the city, which marks it perfect for travelers. You will be able to get a wide range of stylish rooms along with food and other facilities.
Hostels and Guest Houses
If you are thinking of staying in the city for more than 2 weeks, then hostels and guesthouses are the best options for you. It will help you to get accommodation from a very low range and save a lot of money. Just like other accommodations, you will be able to get a lot of facilities in these hostels and guesthouses based on the price range. You will be able to find them at very low prices and reduce the price even more by sharing a hostel room with other people. Make sure to book them earlier to get the best rooms without any hassle. Here are some of the best hotels and guesthouses in the city that you can choose from.
- Abbey Court Hostel
- Harvey's Guest House
If you want to save money and stay for a long time in the city, the apartments are the best option for you. It helps you to get all the facilities at a low price and easily available in almost all the corners. Renting apartments help you to stay for a long time in the city at a very low price. You can take the help of online services to rent them easily in the city and avoid any type of hassle. The best thing about renting apartments is that you will be able to know a lot about the culture of the local people. Many local people in the city stay in the apartment and you will be surrounded by them. It will help you a lot to learn about the traditions and cultures of the city.
One of the options for accommodation that got very popular in a short time. Travelers around the world have started to participate in this community to help other travelers to get the best experience while visiting their home city. Using this mode of accommodation, you will not have to spend money. You will be able to stay in the city for as long as you want with the best hospitality. It will help you a lot to know the culture and traditions of the local people from very up close. You will be able to stay in the city like a local and enjoy multiple benefits. The host might also help you to provide a lot of information about the city and details about it. It is best to look for a host using online services in the community of travelers to contact and talk with them before starting your journey.
Camping is one of the best options that are chosen by travelers who like to feel nature and stay comfortably at low prices. The camping spots help you to get a very good experience of traveling as you will be surrounded by the greens. Some of the camping places come at a very low cost and offer multiple facilities to the customers. If you want to make your stay adventurous, then make sure to choose camping spots in the city. You will be able to find a lot of camping spots available in the city in different locations such as mountains, lakes, and others. Here are some of the best camping spots in the city where you can visit to get the best experience.
- Camper Park Dublin
- Camac Valley Tourist Caravan and Camping Park
How to Get There
While visiting different travel destinations, one of the most important things that you need to keep in mind is how to get there. When visiting from other countries, your transportation options depends on your home country location. If you can visit Dublin without taking a flight then definitely opt for that in order to reduce your carbon footprint.
You need to choose one based on your staying time in the city and available budget. Given below is a list of different methods to reach the city, travel around the city and the country.
Being the capital city of Ireland, this city is very well connected with all around the world by air. Coming to Dublin by Air is definitely the most easiest and the most popular method however it is not the most eco friendly one. It also depends on whether you have the choice of getting to Dublin without taking a flight. The city is served by the Dublin Airport and has flights coming and going from all over the world.
Buses are known to be the best and cheapest way of traveling to the destination from other places. You will be able to visit this city from other cities of Ireland using buses at low charges. If you are traveling from neighboring countries, then you might get direct buses to visit this city as well, but if you are from a country that is located very far away, then you will need to break the journey.
Compared to other modes of transportations, you will be able to get buses at a very low price with all the basic facilities. Unlike flights, it will take a lot more time to reach the city while traveling by bus, but you will be able to enjoy all the wonderful views on the way. Make sure to book the bus tickets earlier using online services to ensure the seats as fast as possible.
When it comes to traveling to the destination of the trip, trains are known to offer a very unique experience. They are the second most chosen mode of transportation after flights. You will be able to travel by train at a very low price and enjoy all the beautiful places on your way. Facilities like food, washroom, and others are available in trains that make the journey very comfortable. You will get trains from most of the nearby countries but from others that are loathed far, you might need to travel by trains after entering Ireland.
Although breaking the journey will not help you to get the full experience, you will be able to travel to the city by train a long distance. Unlike buses, you do not have to wait in the traffic or take long breaks for rest. Traveling by trains is a very popular way to travel, book the tickets earlier to prevent getting your name on the waiting list.
Hitchhiking has become a very popular way to travel as it helps you to get the best adventurous experience in the city. It will take a lot of time to visit the city from other countries by hitchhiking. So, most of the travelers choose to travel to the city after entering Ireland. Using this, you will be able to take the help of different people who are traveling by vehicle in the same way. Taking a lift from them will help you to reach closer to the city.
You will be able to find a lot of available cars on the road but make sure to choose the busiest road to get cars very frequently. Some of the places are available on the roads where most of the cars slow down such petrol pumps, tolls, restaurants, and others. Try to look for lifts in these places to get the best results. Make sure to carry some of the things like maps, dry fruits, water bottles, and others that will assist you in the journey.
There are many other modes of transportations available that you can choose to visit the city as well. Although, they are not commonly chosen by travelers, available for those who want to get a different type of experience on the journey. You can take the road from cities in Ireland to reach by car or motorcycle. The journey will take a lot more days compared to other modes of transportations, but it will be a memorable one for you. Apart from that, you will also get the option to visit Dublin by water as well.
As the city is located near the Liffey River, you can take the help of ferries or boats to reach the city by water from most of the nearby cities. However, the options might not be available to you when you are traveling from other countries except the United Kingdom, France, Portugal, and some other nearby countries. In that case, you can take the road to reach the city and explore the beautiful places on the way.
Your whole experience during the trip to the capital city of Ireland greatly depends on the exploration. There are plenty of options available that you can choose to move around the different places in the city and enjoy them. While some of them are well connected with all the areas, others lack the connection. Based on the time that you are staying in the city and your budget, you need to choose the best option for you.
To explore the city at its fullest you will need both a lot of time and a good mode of transportation. However, it is best to choose electronic cars, bicycles, and other eco-friendly modes that help to keep the city safe from pollution. Most of the fueled cars help to reach the destination faster but pollute the city. Here are some of the options given below that are mostly chosen by travelers to explore Dublin. It will help you a lot to know which one is the best option for you.
Walking is still considered to be the best option for exploring the city and different areas of it. While other transportations will help you to reach the famous attractions very fast, walking will help you to explore the streets, buildings, markets, lifestyle if local people very well. You will be able to get in some of the places where only pedestrians are allowed. Apart from that, walking will also help you a lot to exercise and stay fit while exploring the city.
Make sure to carry some of the important things with you, such as water bottles, umbrellas, foods, and others to stay protected and safe during the exploration. Also, don't forget to take the shortcuts that can help you to reach the destinations even faster. When you are walking around the city to explore the beautiful places, make sure to visit the small shops on your way to get the best cultural reflection.
Just like walking in the city, this is another way that helps you to reach the city faster and stay healthy during the trip. Many people also rent bicycles to explore the city as it saves a lot of money on transportations. You do not have to worry about getting one corner to another corner no matter what time it is. There are some narrow lanes in the city where only pedestrians and bicycles can enter.
You can follow these lanes to get to different corners of the city. However, too much cycling in a limited time can be bad for your health. So, make sure to take breaks whenever you can and carry some necessary things with you. The rent of bicycles is very low and available in many shops. You can ask your hotel or hostel as well to know if they provide bicycles to the customers or not.
As an eco-friendly traveler, you have many responsibilities to keep the city safe during your trip. As pollution is increasing rapidly in the world, choosing green options is very important to keep it clean. One of them is electronic vehicles that are completely eco-friendly and produce no pollution. Compared to others, the fare of these vehicles is also very reasonable.
So, if you do not have much time to explore the city, then choose these vehicles as it will help you reach a lot faster. You can also take the help of online services to book the vehicles as fast as you can. There are plenty of electronic vehicles available in the city that offer comfortability rich facilities. However, take some time on your hand before going out in them as traffic can make you late.
Public buses are the most convenient and comfortable ways of transportation in the city that will help you a lot to travel fast all around the city. They are very frequent and available in all of the parts of the city. The low cost of tickets will also help you to save a lot of money. However, the best thing about traveling by bus is that it helps to get a glimpse of the daily lifestyle of the local people.
Local people prefer buses to move around the city and visit locations. So, traveling with them will help you get a very good experience. You can wait in the bus terminals and stations of the city to get buses frequently. Just like cabs and cars, you might get in traffic as well while traveling by bus. So, get some extra time on your hand when traveling by bus in Dublin.
Tram, Train and Subway
Apart from all the mentioned modes of transportations that you can choose to move around the city, you can also pick trains, trams, subways to explore the city. Although the tram service is not as good as before, it is available with the name of Luas. You can get both trains and trams to move around in the city very frequently. However, the subways of the city are not well connected with the different areas. So, it is best to avoid traveling by subways. On the other hand, trains are very well connected and help to reach the destination very fast. Dublin has a total of 2 railway stations available, and both of them are maintained by the Irish railway.
If you are traveling to another city, then shopping is the best way to take some cultural and traditional items with you. Being the capital city of Ireland, you will find many shops and shopping malls available in the city as well. However, choose sustainable shopping instead of normal to get the best items at very low prices and help the city stay green as well.
You will find a lot of flea markets, second-hand markets, eco fashions, and others in the city. Most of these markets offer different eco-friendly or recycled items at a low cost that helps to save a lot of money. Apart from that, you will also get some antique, vintage items, and other things as well that will help you to add some rare items to your collection. Here are some of the sections that will help you to know more about these markets and get them at a low price.
One of the first things that you need to do in the city is exploring the food markets. Most of the travelers are attracted to local foods and other food items of the city. Exploring the food markets will help you a lot to know about them and taste them as well. There are some seasonal spices available in the city that make the foods more delicious. So, explore very well to get all of these items at a low price. Also, in between your exploration, make sure to visit the small shops. These food shops will help you to get a wide range of dishes at a low price. Here are some of the famous food markets in Dublin that you can choose to have a very good experience.
- Fresh The Good Food Market
- SuperNatural Food Market
Flea markets are the best place for you if you are one of the people who love to witness and buy vintage items, antiques, old journals, and other items. Dublin offers plenty of markets to the tourists that you can visit to get some of the valuable items at low prices. Being the capital city, the number of markets is very high and contain some historic items as well. So, make sure to visit these markets as soon as possible to get these items before they are sold out. Here are some of the flea markets in the city that you can visit to have the best rare additions to the collection.
- Dublin Flea Market - This is one of the most popular markets in Dublin that offers a lot of goods to the customers at low prices. However, the market is only available on the last Sunday of every month. This market has been running successfully since 2008 and made by a non-profit organization. Visiting the market and purchasing things will not only help you, but it will also help the sellers
Second Hand Stores
Being an eco-friendly traveler, you have many responsibilities to keep the city green and protected. One of the best ways to do that is by inspiring local people to adopt second-hand things. Travelers around the world are now choosing second-hand products over new products to reduce the waste of the city, help the people to sell recycled products, and spread the use of second-hand products among the local people. So, make sure to visit the second-hand markets and purchase high-quality products and clothes at a very low price. Here are some of the markets that you need to visit to get the best products.
- Liberty Market
- Jamestown Market
Eco-fashion is one of the best ways to keep health at check while using natural materials instead of chemicals. These eco-fashions come at a very low price, and you can buy them to help out the local people as well. Make sure to visit the eco-fashion stores in the city that offer different fashionable items. Compared to normal fashions, eco fashions are more natural and produce bright colors with the help of natural ingredients. Some of the brands are getting popular around the world for offering plenty of eco-fashions to customers at a low price. You can take the help of online services to get these items and know the location of these shops in the city.
All around the world, every city in different countries are taking different measures to recycle as much waste as possible and help the environment stay clean. Dublin being the capital city of Ireland has taken many initiatives in the last few years to increase recycling. They have modified a lot of waste in the last few years and improved the recycling percentage. The government has stepped forward to improve the overall recycling of the city and prevent landfills a lot.
You will see many recycling facilities, kerbside collections, and many other things that help to make recycling possible. Also, there are many second-hand stores available that offer recycled goods at a very low price. Make sure to play your part very well to keep the city green and take part in this recycling process. It will also inspire the locals to come forward.
Waste is one of the major reasons for making the city polluted and decreasing air quality. Like all the other cities, you will be able to see a lot of waste management programs in this city too, which are available to make waste recycle possible. Most of the waste of this city used to be used in landfills, which is very bad. However, they have successfully decreased the landfills a lot in the last few years. They have installed separate waste bins to get recyclable and non-recyclable waste differently.
You will also see many waste collectors in the city who are collecting waste such as plastics and others to keep the city safe. Also, there are some local people who also came forward to help out the city stay pollution-free. Make sure to play your part very well to keep the city waste-free and dump all your waste in specific bins.
Work and Study Abroad
As Dublin is the capital city of Ireland, the facilities are better here. From transportations to other places, you will find a lot of different benefits to staying in this city. One of them is the education system of the country and the number of universities. Dublin. There are plenty of colleges, schools, and universities in the city that offer plenty of courses. Also, the job opportunity is high in Dublin as the city has almost all the industries. People from different countries are working in the city and assigned to different industries based on their skills and talents.
Availability of jobs is one of the main things that attract foreign workers to Dublin. Also, the universities of this city offer plenty of courses to international students at a low price with benefits. On your journey to the city, you will come across students who are from different parts of the world studying here for years. These benefits helped them a lot to pursue their career dream even when they do not have that much financial backup. Here are some of the benefits given below that you can get as an international student or international worker in Dublin.
The exchange student program has gained a lot of popularity around the world in a short time. It helped students from all over the world to pursue their higher education in another country at a low cost. Just like other universities in different countries and cities, Dublin also offers many universities and colleges that offer exchange student and help a lot of international students. It helped them a lot to pursue their career with the right courses and education.
With the help of this program, students can study at universities in other countries if they have a partnership with their home university. Apart from that, the students also need to be nominated by the home university to get selected for this program. Not all students get this opportunity, and they have to work hard to get into the program. Upon selection, students can study in other universities in different countries just paying the college fee. Make sure that your home university has a partnership with the universities of Dublin to receive this offer.
A lot of the families in Dublin look for people who would take care of their children. In return, they provide lodgings and fee to these people. And so, many foreigners opt for such opportunities and you can try them too.
The people you would meet through this option would help you understand the city more. Indeed, you would spend time with the local people, and learn how they lead their lives. Not to mention, it would give you a point of contact in Dublin, in case you know no one there. A lot of websites are available for these jobs, and you can research and apply for the best option.
As an eco-friendly traveler, helping out the city and the local people to keep the city clean is one of the responsibilities. There are plenty of available ways that you can help out the local people, and one of them is volunteering. As the name suggests, you can volunteer for different jobs in the city to help it become better as a tourist destination. Some of the most common things that you can do in the city include taking care of the famous attractions, teaching English to local people, helping out the librarian, planting trees, collecting waste, and many more. It will also help you to get connected with the local people and know them.