Saint Kitts and Nevis
Eco-friendly travel guide to Saint Kitts and Nevis advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to travel in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Saint Kitts and Nevis, Caribbean, North America.
- Air quality: 2 / 5
- Bus connections: 3 / 5
- Train connections: 3 / 5
- Hitchhiking: 2 / 5
- National parks: 2 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 3 / 5
- Locals' English level: 3 / 5
- Safety: 3 / 5
- Accommodation: US$10 - $40
- Budget per day: US$30 - $100
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 Regions
- 11 Cities
- 12 Getting There and Moving Around
- 13 Sustainable Shopping
- 14 Recycling
- 15 Work and Study Abroad
- 16 See Also
It is officially known as the Federation of Saint Christopher and Nevis, and I learned country Inn West Indies. In Western Hemisphere, it is the smallest sovereign state in terms of area as well as population. The capital of Saint Kitts is Basseterre. Basseterre Is the main port of this I land not only for passengers but also for cargo. Another island called Nevis lies around 3 kilometers to the South West of Saint Kitts. The official language of this country is English and vernacular languages, Saint Kitts Creole. The total area is 261 kilometers square with a population, as estimated in 2018 is 52441. Over 92 percent of the total population is African. Talking about the religion common, 94.6% are Christian, 1.5% are Hindus, and the rest are other religions. This country has two main international airports that have a flight to other parts of the Caribbean. Talking about the sports, cricket is the most common sport played on this island, out of which the top players are selected in the West Indies cricket team. Saint Kitts and Nevis also hosted a cricket World Cup matches to end 2007. Other than cricket, rugby and netball are also played commonly. The national bird of this country is Brown Pelican, and there are 176 other species of birds. hile exploring different places and the general idea of tourism is great, it is also harmful for the environment because of the way tourists travel today. It is of utmost importance to be a responsible traveller especially when we are at the verge of a climate disaster.
- Choosing the right transport method: A major part of your travel experience includes discovering every nook and cranny of the city. While you will have transport options like private cars and taxis at your disposal you need to know that not only do they contribute to more congestion and traffic pollution but also emit harmful gases into the environment. So, choose options like walking, cycling, electronic and public transportation in general.
- Trying local food: A huge part of the local culture is the traditional food that is offered at the local traditional restaurants and by street food vendors. Instead of just sticking to international fast food franchises that contribute to so much waste being produced in the world, you should try the local options. Not only will it help the local economy but also will directly help the families whose sole source of earning are these small food businesses.
- Do not throw waste: As an eco-friendly traveler, you need to promote sustainable living as much as possible in the city to motivate not only fellow tourists but local people. When you visit any tourists attractions especially city parks, make sure you do not throw any food wrapper and do not just stop at that but if you see any trash, pick it up and throw it in the dustbin. It might look like a very small thing to do but has a huge impact on people watching especially the children present in the park since they learn and mimic the behaviour of other people around them.
- Choose a green hotel: Plenty of accommodations are available in the city that provide you with a top-notch experience but instead of choosing them, you can pick green hotels for your stay. They use eco-friendly measures to reduce the pollution and waste of the city. This is one of the great ways to contribute towards the city to keep it safe and clean.
- Shop local: In order to support local craftsmen and artisans always shop local. During your trip to the city, you will come across small shops and food stalls in almost every lane of the city. If you want to have an unforgettable experience in the city, then buy goods and handicrafts from these shops. This will not only help you to save a lot of money but you will be supporting a lot of local people who are dependent on their small businesses to earn a livelihood.
Air Quality and Pollution
Air Quality and Pollution Air quality is not that good in Saint Kitts And Nevis. You will get to see the higher levels of air pollution in the dry season due to oceanic trade wind patterns and Saharan dust blowing in from Africa. Air quality in the Caribbean can also be negatively affected by biomass (e.g., wood) for home-heating, vehicle emissions, and waste burning. Short term symptoms resulting from air pollution exposure include itchy eyes, nose, throat, wheezing, coughing, shortness of breath, chest pain, headaches, nausea, and upper respiratory infections (bronchitis and pneumonia). People of the island and government are also trying their best to control air pollution and make air quality much better. You also try to cooperate with the people to make the place green and clean.
Respect the Culture
Both islands Saint Kitts And Nevis, have traditional dances, music, garb, and tales which you can completely enjoy on these beautiful islands. The richness and variety of cultural backgrounds are celebrated in a series of festivals. The roots of festivals go back to the seventeenth century when they were often associated with Christmas and May Day celebrations. A strong association with Christmas remains, partly because of tradition and partly from the holiday visits of many Kittitians and Nevisians living elsewhere. You will completely enjoy yourself on these beautiful islands with your family and friends. Respecting and following culture will help local people also to cooperate with you in everything.
Top 10 Places to Visit
- Township of Sandy Point: Sandy Point Town is the second-largest city on the island of Saint Kitts, after Buster. Sandy Point Town is the capital of St Ann Sandy Point County. In the 17th century, the city was the largest center for the tobacco trade on the island, so its main attraction is the large warehouses for storing tobacco, built at the same time by a Dutch West Indian company. Diving enthusiasts will also love Sandy Point. However, the seaside is famous for its magnificent coral reef and rich underwater life and stunning ocean views, wild sugarcane plantations, and the formidable Black Rocks with solidified black lava.
- Old Road Town: Old Road Town is a small town located in Saint Kitts and Nevis's state on the Caribbean Sea's shores. This city is considered to be one of the best historical landmarks of St. Kitts. Excellent batik fabrics are produced in this city, and here you can see the process of creating fabrics and painting them. You can purchase the finished product from the Caribel Batik factory, located north of Old Road Town, in Wingfield Estate. You can find many samples of the first Indians of the Cariba tribe's writing on the rocks. Also, tourists come here to go diving, surfing, water skiing, yachting, scooting, visiting restaurants, shops, and clubs.
- Frigat Bay: The famous Frigate Bay is one of the brightest places in the Federation of Saint Kitts and Nevis. It is the country's main resort region with magnificent beaches, excellent climate, and good conditions for relaxing on the seashore. Fans of scuba diving and snorkeling should visit the wonderful White House Bay beach, where all conditions for exploring underwater life are created. And connoisseurs of natural beauty should definitely admire the many tropical animals and birds, as well as amazing pink saltwater bodies, of which there are many in this part of St. Kitts. The color of the water is due to the myriad of tiny crustaceans that inhabit these lakes.
- Middle Island: Middle Island is one of the 14 counties in Saint Kitts and Nevis, which has an area of 24.3 square kilometers. The island's long coastline comprises rocky beaches, black sand, and cliffs, and the entire island is covered in tall tropical forests. On the Middle Island, the famous ancient city of Old Road Town is located - the center of Saint Kitts and Nevis tourism. You will find this place amazing and worth visiting while on your tour to Saint Kitts and Nevis. Try out such places to explore to the fullest on your vacations either with your family members or alone to spend some quality and peaceful time.
- Heritage Sisayeti Museum: The Heritage Sisayeti Museum in Saint Kitts is a national museum for the natural, historical, ecological, and cultural heritage of this island, opened in 2002. It is housed in the Treasury's old house in 1894,
+which is also called the "Gateway to Buster."The Heritage Sisayeti Museum is located near Circus Square, in the southern part of Buster's city. It is renowned for its ethnographic collection and numerous historical photographs, including shell tools and pottery shards from the Caribbean culture that inhabited these islands before Europeans' arrival. You will learn so many things about the island from this museum, which carries so many beautiful artifacts.
- Mount Liamuiga: Mount Liamuiga is a magnificent, dormant volcano on St. Kitts, at 1,156 meters high, nestled in the large rainforest of this green island. Liamuiga is the youngest of the three volcanic centers on Saint Kitts. Mount Liamuiga was formerly called the "Mountain of Suffering."The mountain slopes are covered with rural land and small villages. Many tours and excursions up the mountain usually start in the village of St. Paul. The path is then made to the top through abandoned sugarcane areas, through mango trees, through a humid rainforest. The mountain's top offers an amazing view of the Caribbean Sea, the neighboring islands of Saba, St. Barts, St. Martin, Antigua, and Nevis.
- Factory Caribel-Batik: Factory "Caribel Batik" is one of Saint Kitts and Nevis's state's landmarks, located north of the city of Old Road Town, in the suburb of Wingfield Estate. This is a small factory where batik-painted fabrics are produced. Tourists can visit the factory and walk through all the workshops, learning the fabric painting's subtleties and technology. It is seen that production at the factory is massive and exclusive for individual orders. Many celebrities turn to the Caribel-Batik factory for unusual
outfits and enjoy their vacations either with their loved ones or alone to spend quality time with nature.
- St. Christopher Island: St. Christopher Island, better known as St. Kitts Island, is the main and largest island of the Federation of St. Christopher and Nevis. In 1623 it was colonized by the British. However, before that, in 1493, it was described by Christopher Columbus. St. Christopher Island is located in the Caribbean, from the west by the waters of the Caribbean Sea and from the east by the Atlantic Ocean. The highest point of St. Kitts is the 1156 meter dormant volcano Liamuig, located on an area of about 168 square kilometers. It is also an amazing place to visit once you visit Saint Kitts and Nevis island, and try to explore every part of the island to enjoy your vacations completely.
- Challengers Village: The village of Challengers lies 7 kilometers north of Buster, the capital of St. Kitts. It is known as the island's first settlers' brutal massacre - the Caribbean Indians in 1626. Here, among the green rocks, there are huge boulders, and even entire sections of stone walls, many of which bear ancient petroglyphs, widely known for their unique compositional structure - scientists believe that these are the first animations on Earth, in the sequence of signs which can be traced it is the religious or historical events of the Indian people. This is not any ordinary village; it has such an amazing and eye-catchy view that will attract you.
- South East Peninsula: The South-East Peninsula is the southeastern peninsula of the Federation of Saint Kitts and Nevis. At the isthmus, the coast is sandwiched by the Frigate Bay, and to the south, it expands noticeably, forming a "blade" of St. Thomas Lowland County, heavily indented by bays and salt ponds. You can relax in one of the three resort complexes and explore the mysterious peninsula, enjoying the unsurpassed nature, captivating at first sight with its formidable and, at the same time, enchanting beauty. Be sure to visit the magnificent Turtle Beach, Great Salt Pond, the peninsula's largest pink reservoir, and the famous bays - Ballast, Meyer, Frigate Bay, and Kokleshel.
Saint Kitts and Nevis have so many to explore and make thousands of memories by visiting these places with your loved ones. You can visit these islands at any time of the month to enjoy your vacations and spend some quality time there. Many couples also visit Saint Kitts and Nevis to spend some quality time with each other. You will find so many places after visiting for eating, drinking, and chill out. Exploring out such places will also help you to refresh your mind from your busy and tight schedule. The island is also home to the Warner Park Cricket Stadium, where you can enjoy n number of matches. Here you will get so many places like Saint Kitts Railway, Royal Saint Kitts Golf Club, Frigate Bay, Cockleshell Bay, and many more such beautiful and eye-catchy places that attract many local people along with travelers. Exploring will help in gaining knowledge about the place in detail, and it will also help you to find the best places to eat and drink and help in spending your time.
- St. Kitts Eco-Park
- Volcano Crater hike in St Kitts
- Dorset City Park
- Independence Square
- Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park
- Central Forest Reserve National Park
- St. Kitts Eco-Park
- Fairview Great House and Botanical Gardens
- Cockleshell Bay
- South Friars Bay Beach
- Pinneys beach
- Turtle Beach
- Majors Bay
- The War Memorial
- St. Kitts Scenic Railway
- Timothy Hill Overlook
- Berkeley Memorial
- The National Museum of St. Kitts
- Alexander Hamilton house
- Museum of Nevis History
- Romney Manor
- Horatio Nelson Museum
An entire coastline to fish from seafood is plentiful with snapper, cod, mahi-mahi, wahoo, conch, and lobster. Here meat tends to be chicken, beef, or goat. You will also find so many traditional and local restaurants, and they will hell you in exploring the traditional foods of these islands. The volcanic soil helps greatly with the island's crops. Dishes are served up with plenty of vegetables and a dash of Caribbean spice. Here's what tickled my taste buds as I ate my way around the restaurants and beach bars of St Kitts and Nevis. A nice and amazing place to enjoy every type of meal here, you will be amazed after trying delicious traditional meals in the restaurants of Saint Kitts and Nevis. You can try fascinating mouth-watering dishes in some very famous restaurants in Saint Kitts and Nevis.
During the Christmas season, Kittitians and Nevisians are ready to eat, drink, and spend time with close family and friends. You will see several pubs and bars where you can enjoy your drink. Some of the very famous drinks of Saint Kitts And Nevis are golden apple drink, mauby, ginger beer, and many more such drinks, which will help you get refreshed and energetic. Sea Moss drink is also a trendy and on-demand drink on Saint Kitts and Nevis, and it is very famous because the sea moss is soaked overnight with lime juice and cooked for 30 minutes until it becomes jelly. You will never get bored here based on drinking as here you will find so many drinks to enjoy each night. Drinking is not illegal here, and you can enjoy every drink here; many people love to try different drinks in bars and pubs, and some love to try with their family members.
The tap water of this country is fit for drinking. However, if you’re highly sensitive to water changes, then it is advised that you must purchase bottled water. The ones who can adapt to big water changes should not prefer Using bottled water because plastic is a non-biodegradable material. There are not many recycling centers that recycle plastic; therefore, it will be counted as a non-biodegradable waste. Instead of purchasing bottled water, you can get an empty steel bottle from the supermarket near you and easily refill it from various public water taps. Rainfall is one of the main sources of water in this country. There are three main types of resources known as surface water, groundwater, and direct rain. Surface water in Saint Kitts Can is obtained from 6 areas, and in Nevis, The government can get surface water from 4 regions. The places where surface water is present in Saint Kitts are Winfield, ranch land, a stone fort, lodge, Phillips, and Greenhill. The area where surface water is present in Nevis peak, Prison farm, springs, and Jessup. Before the early 1970s, surface water was the only water source supplied in the entire country. In 1986 this island faced a deficiency of water, and they later found that surface water is not enough to fulfill the whole countries need for water. Therefore the attention was paid to groundwater as a source of supply. As this is an island, there is a lot of salty water resources present in this country. Due to lack of technology, there are limited desalination plants that are good at providing tap water instead of drinking water. Also, there is a lot of water which is polluted. It is the cause most tourists dump their waste near the beach or in the water bodies. This country's residents do the same. Even the industries release is their wastewater untreated into the water bodies polluting it. As a responsible tourist, you must adopt eco-friendly ways and should not create water pollution in any means.
It is an island; therefore, there are mini beaches near the borders of this country. You can try a lot of water sports in this country. Water surfing is the most famous sport practiced by the locals, and water surfing popularity out of these water sports. There are stalls present on these beaches that rents surfing board on an hourly basis are other girls available on rent. Other than this, no other activities focus on this country, which involves a cruise ride with lunch, at dinner, or a breakfast complimentary from their side. You can also try tracking or mountain climbing in Mount Liamuiga, tall, with a total height of 3790 fetes. There are national parks present where you can enjoy many animals of different species and plants of a different kingdom. You can also try parachute to get a full view of the place from a distanced height. There are other fun activities which are also present. Snorkeling, if you live to observe marine life, then snorkeling is the best activity. It involves diving into deep waters keeping aquatic plants and animals. You can get a snorkeling tour with lunch at around 74 USD OR 200 East Caribbean Dollars, the currency accepted there. There is also an ETV torso. An ATV is a quad bike or four wheels bike that can roam around in a jungle or a forest. In this tour, you can self drive an ATV if you are eligible to, or you will get a driver. Activities help us to get deep knowledge about different activities, and you get the experiences. Activities are best when you do out of your hobby and without any pressure. You can also get a train tour between the jungles where you will also get a guide to help you learn things in detail.
The total area of this country is around 261 square kilometers. Apart from the stats of 2018, this country faced around 125000 tourists annually. This rapid increase in the tourism industry also affected the development of different accommodations options for these tourists. Other accommodation options present in this country depend on the tourist's various situations and preferences. In terms of hotels, there are luxurious five-star hotels which are present in this country. Other than this for the ones who would love to stay in a more luxurious option Dan five star hotels, there are beach resorts present on the beach. Resorts are known for their elegant facilities, which provide extreme comfort to their customers. There are cottages and Inns, which are also present and available for accommodation. Other than this, other hotels offer fewer facilities and charges lesser than these luxurious hotel rooms.
Hotels are best if you want to stay for around one or two weeks, more than two weeks there are other long term accommodation options available because hotels will become too costlier. Other than this, green hotels are also present in this country and are known for their sustainability. Some guesthouses provide an entire house on rent. Some hostels are presently offering a single room or a bed for the traveling solo here. Couch surfing is practically possible here. But there are few puffs the hosts present. There are different camping tours organized either by some private agencies or government agencies where many people take part. It is a request that wherever you stay, please adopt eco-friendly measures to save nature.
Hostels and Guest Houses
Hostels are shared rooms that are available on rent. It adds a different texture to your holidays in a foreign country when you live in shared dormns with a lot of cool people around you. Hostels are best for those who are visiting this country alone. In the hostel, you can get a good company with your roommates. It can help you to polish your social skills. These come with basic facilities. Therefore, the charge of these hostels is not much and is affordable by many. These are best if you do not want to spend much on the accommodation. You can meet a lot of new people from different nations from all over the world. You cannot get bored in hostels because there are many activities that you can perform together, or if you do not have anything, you can share various incidents. Some hostels have few toilets; otherwise, many hostels have common bathrooms that may not be hygienic. If you are insecure about the food that this restaurant makes, you can cook your dishes in these hostels because there is a kitchen attached. However, in a hostel, you must always be alerted about your belongings. Next to this, you must try to find eco hostels present in this country in less amount. Therefore, you should first try to see that. If eco hostels are not present, then you can search for backpacker’s hostels. It would be best to accommodate a student hostel because they have a time restriction to make students learn discipline.
Apartments are those flats that are available for rent. These flats are either semi-furnished or fully furnished, acquired with a modular kitchen. These apartments are very much beneficial and economic only when you want to stay for a longer time, like 15 days, one month, or more than this. Short-term apartments are also present and can be rented for a term, not more than one month. There are a lot of benefits to living in apartments. The security of apartments is well developed with a staff of guard and CCTV cameras placed all over the premises. Also, these apartments provide good privacy as there will be no one to disturb you. The landlord or the apartment authorities will pay the maintenance cost; the same is when something breaks, such as an electric fan or other appliances. You can meet many people who will be residing in these apartments. Many apartments have park or garden which can be used to have morning or evening walk or can also be used to perform yoga or meditation. There are some apartments which are present near the water bodies. It is suggested that you try to accommodate in those apartments as they will provide you the best sunrise or sunset view from the apartment's balcony. You can cook your food instead of bringing it from outside and spending on cafes or restaurants. There is a flea market where fruits and vegetables are present in bulk quantity.
Couch surfing is a type of accommodation where a tourist stays with the local's family with their permission. It does not involve the exchange of funds. It is an economic and free of cost type of accommodation option. Other than this, there are not many hosts present in this country. It is because other accommodation options are popular and affordable. Couch surfing makes you dependent on others whom you don’t know. It would be best to take care of your belongings during couch surfing because you would not know how your host is. Though there are very few chances of being robbed, you should take precautions. There are other benefits of couch surfing such as the host can tell you about many things to visit and other famous things in that city. More to this, he can help you to explore as a guide without any charge. Some of the demerits are that it is a temporary type of accommodation option. It would be best if you did not rely on it completely. You must always have a back up ready with you. There are only 200 hosts present in this country who are prepared to accept tourists.
Camping is an adventurous activity that involves observing the night sky. You can also camp on the beaches because in this country camping on beaches is allowed. Camping on beaches is better than camping in the open ground because the sea breeze helps refresh, and sand helps relax the body. Other than this, there are other camping tours which are organized by different agencies. Not only tourists but also the locals take part in this tour. You can even join this tour all alone and meet many people who sure present there. There are camping tours which also involves trekking to mountains. Camping is dependent on the weather. Different weather has different essential items such as in winter you have to pack electric heater because bonfire can cause too much pollution. For summers, you must have a mosquito repellent cream with you. His is a free type of accommodation, but you have to purchase a tent and other things that might be costlier than other accommodation. It is also a temporary accommodation option because you will get bored easily after a week or two.
Getting There and Moving Around
Some airports have access to international flights to this country directly. As this is an island, you can also reach her by ferry ride or a cruise ship. Other than this, for moving around, there are buses, taxis as well as trains present. More to this, only a few of the people from the limited country can reach here. There are also cycles available on rent, which is present in this country.
There are only two airports which are present in this country. These airports handle all the international flights. However, flights are limited to only some countries; therefore, you have to take an indirect flight to reach here. Different flights take extra time and charges differently. These flights were very much comfortable. It can help you to get to this country conveniently and in a concise period.
There is no international bus facility which is available in this country. Therefore, this island does not have a land route that connects these islands to other neighboring countries. Other than this, there are small minibusses which are present in this country. These are very much comfortable and are safe at night as well. There are intercity buses present in this country and can help you travel from one city to another.
The train is best to cover long areas, and it also helps in giving a memorable journey. Trains are very much comfortable and help you to reach your destination on time. Other than this, even trains do not cost much. Therefore, they are affordable. There is no international train facility present in this country. There is a railway that is privately owned under the partnership with the government. It is not an intercity train; rather, it has a fixed route that offers beautiful sceneries.
It is a free type of transportation. It cannot rely completely upon because sometimes you might not get any passer. Hitchhiking is rarely practiced in this country. It is because most locals use public buses instead of their vehicles. However, the crime rate of this country is shallow. Therefore it states that you can successfully hitchhike.
There is only one other way to reach here: the waterways such as ferry ride and cruise ship. A ferry ride or cruise ride can be inexpensive but takes a lot of time. Also, many who come with cruise or ferry feels seasick. Waterways are limited to few countries; therefore, you won't reach them if you live far away from them.
Sustainable shopping includes shopping those products that are produced without harming nature and are beneficial for health. There are food markets that sell products that do not harm wildlife and are grown organically. Those food items do not involve using any pesticides or chemical fertilizers, which damages the body. The normal vegetable market includes polished fruits to attract customers; therefore, you must try to buy vegetables from the flea market where vegetables directly come from a farm. Rather, you should contact an organic farm that provides home delivery with little extra charges. Second-hand stores are best for those who want to buy products at a minimal cost. Also, it keeps the area in landfills along with the necessary power in disposing of it. Eco Fashion clothes involve clothes made with natural fabrics usually made by hands with machines' least use. This less use of machinery causes less use of fossil fuel as well as raw material. Also, the production requires more labor work. Therefore, it creates employment in society.
Recycling helps in saving the environment. Recycling helps in saving a lot of land, which would be used in landfills or dumping waste. More this, recycling eliminates a lot of garbage. Other than this, there are a lot of benefits to recycling. The paper which is recycled the most saves a lot of trees from cutting down.
Waste is something that cannot be used further and needs to be dumped. There are two methods, which include incinerators and landfills. If left untreated, debris can cause pollution, such as soil, air, and water pollution. There are three types of waste, such as air in the form of smoke. Water in the form of wastewater of industry or drainage water. Solid waste which involves solid substance which cannot be used further.
Work and Study Abroad
There is not much of the work which is present in this country because it is an island. There is no land route connected, which connects these islands with other neighboring countries. It is the reason why there is less development in this country. Few jobs can help you earn a living, such as a waiter, guides, and many others. Few education institutes are present in this country.
The exchange student program is a program in which students from the local college are sent to foreign to complete their degrees. It is a very beneficial program to boost the student's self-confidence and help a student become independent. It is a free program, which means you do not need to pay the institution. It will be paid by the college by whom you are sent here. However, you have to pay for living because that won’t be covered under this program. Not everyone gets a chance to be a part of this program, and a lot of students apply; therefore, it is mandatory to pass the scholarship exam.
An AU pair is a person who stays with the local for free, and in exchange, he has the work of taking care of their child. It is a type of free accommodation, but you have an assigned work here. It is not considered a job because it does not involve salary and a defined work. It is a work of great responsibility; therefore, you must be attentive and careful all the time. This type of work is least available in this country because most of the women are a housewife.
Volunteering is something that you perform out of your hobby or feelings. Thus, you cannot charge for what you are volunteering. Volunteering helps to cure depression and removes stress a lot. It allows you to do what you do and gives a superior satisfaction level. There are not many of the volunteering organizations present here that are ready to accept volunteers. The one's present help the government clean various tourist spots, especially the beaches, these organizations are very much popular.