Eco-friendly travel guide to Salta advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Salta, Argentina.
- Air quality: 4 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 4 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 3 / 5
- Public transportation: 3.5 / 5
- Parks: 3.5 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 3 / 5
- Safety: 3.5 / 5
- Accommodation: US$30 - $150
- Budget per day: US$50 - $200
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Salta is a very beautiful city with a perfect view of mountains and valleys surroundings. The city is famous for its preserved colonial architecture. The city has a lot of things that attract travelers around the globe to visit Salta. There are two famous churches in the city, among which pretty pink cathedral churches is the most famous church in the city. It is a must-visit place in Argentina. The population of the city is huge and Salta is considered to be the seventh most populous city in Argentina. The national parks and the museums are best to visit here as it carries the culture of the city along with the history of the people.
You can acknowledge a lot about the art and crafts and work of the civilizations through these museums. The city is gathering attention from the tourists nowadays due to its excellent weather and breathtaking views of the mountains and valleys. The hospitality of the locals and the city towards the tourists is something you should experience in your next vacation. So plan your trip to Salta but don't forget to follow your duty as a responsible traveler. Here are a few things you can do to protect the environment.
- To be a responsible traveler, you should always opt for ways that help the environment. Consider using electric scooters or bicycles to cover the central areas of Swansea.
- The inner city can be traveled by walking. You can plan your trip accordingly so that it can help you to fulfill your duties as a traveler.
- Try to visit local places for food and stay to support the economy of the country. It’s a great way to fulfill your duties as a responsible traveler.
- There are so many green parks which you can visit while staying there. You can enjoy the beauty of nature with fresh air.
- Try to travel through local transport as much as possible to show your support to the locals. Local buses, trams, railways can be the best options.
- Choose green hotels for your stay in Salta. It will help you and the city to stay pollution-free.
- Try to have your meals in local restaurants. Street foods of Swansea are very famous among travelers. You can try these local street foods as well.
Air Quality and Pollution
The climate of the city is very pleasant, and it is always comfortable any time of the year. The quality of the air is good, and the pollution levels are under control in this region. You can easily roam around the city without any masks. The pollution level may fluctuate depending upon the traffic generation each day. The city is suitable to visit at any time of the year. You can take precautions if you are traveling with aged people or with newborns.
You can choose to avoid maximum exposure and plan your trip accordingly. The health management of the city is very particular about the health of the people here. You can also contribute from your end by traveling through public transport and chargeable cars instead of fuel-based vehicles to maintain the quality of the air in the city.
Respect the Culture
The culture of the city can be seen through the old monuments and historical places. Roman Catholic cathedral which is also known as 9th July square is a must-visit place in the city, it is the oldest monument in the city. There is a French-style museum in the city with some contemporary arts that will definitely blow your mind. There are three pedestrian streets in the city named Alberdi, Florida, and Caseros, this is the place where you can see the nightlife of the city, along with that there are several restaurants and cafes nearer to the streets where you can spend some time with your family and friends.
Some concerts take place in this area, it generally occurs every night so you can be a part of it and understand the culture of the people even more closely. San Bernardo hills are the best place from where you can see the beautiful view of the entire city. It feels magical up there, you need to rent a car to reach the highest point of the hill here or there are facilities for cable cars or stairways to reach there. The breathtaking views of the city and valley will make you feel relaxed. You can even spend a night out there by putting on a tent and bonfire. It can be a perfect place to relax and witness the culture of the city peacefully.
Top 10 Places to Visit
Salta is the best city in Argentina where tourists from different parts of the globe love to visit. The reason behind this thing is that it has some beautiful destinations for your holiday trip. If you still do not believe it then, here are the names of those destinations.
- Cathedral of Salta- A Roman cathedral that was established in the year 1941 and is still famous even today. It is because here you will get the real presence of Jesus and wish the best thing for you. Therefore, this place is a must-visit as here you can see very extraordinary things.
- Basílica y Convento de San Francisco- This church was built in the period of the colonial era and is considered the holiest place. Another thing about this place is that the lighting here is eye-appealing which entices most of the city tourists.
- American Cultural Center- The architecture of this palace is nice and here some cultural activities take place. They offer a very unforgettable experience
- Casino Salta- One of the largest casinos where you will get some exciting games like poker and blackjack. Make sure to visit this casino as early as possible because it tends to get very crowded
- Pajcha- An art gallery where you will get a wide variety of art collections made by the most prominent artists. They are not only famous in Argentina but all over the world.
- Santuario Virgen del Cerro- This is a hilltop shrine where you would get to see some festivals during the weekend. These festivals become a point of attraction for the majority of the city people.
- 20 de Febrero Monument- A monument which is dedicated to all the martyrs who sacrificed their lives on the battlefield. If you are a history-lever then, this place will give you a lot of satisfaction.
- Iglesia Nuestra Señora de la Candelaria de la Viña- There is not so much information about this church but here the interior is more colorful. You should come here because it is the right example of beauty which signifies too many things.
- Museo Casa Arias Rengel- An historic mansion where you can find the sculptures and African masks which are used in daily affairs. Here some exhibitions are also held that showcases some special things about history.
- Museo de Arte Sacro- This place is known for the sculptures which were very crucial in the field of art. Some of the sculptures are available here are very old and rare.
So, you have known about the places which are mentioned in the above section. But besides them, you should also explore other places in the city. Some of them include city parks, national parks, beaches, landmarks, and museums.
Now if you are tired and want to have a little bit of relaxation, then city parks are the best places for you. The city of Salta also offers you some city parks where you can visit and have a nice atmosphere. As an eco-friendly traveler, you can go for them and get a serene feeling. So here are the examples of those city parks which allow you to have a fine exploration.
- Plaza Belgrano
- Cerro Salta
- Paseo San Martin
- Rotonda Tres Cerritos
Now if you are fascinated by wildlife then national parks are the perfect places for you. Try to visit those places and you will get to see some rare species of animals. But before going there, you should know their timings as they might not be open for 24 hours.
- Baritu National Park
- Parque Nacional Los Cardones
- Reserva Nacional El Nogalar de Los Toldos
You would not get any beaches in the city of Salta. But do not worry, you can enjoy some popular landmarks and museums.
Landmarks are the best way to see how you have reached your main destinations. Here the landmarks are mostly monuments or some parks which are located in the center of the city. These are the ones which you can never forget during your holiday trip.
- 20 de Febrero Monument
- Plaza 9 De Julio
Museums are those destinations which help you to get information about the history of the city. So these are those museums which you will love and enjoy to the fullest.
- Museo Güemes- This museum is a little heaven for all the lovers of technologies and gadgets. Here you will get an idea about the evolution of technology which took place since the first generation.
- Museum of High Altitude Archaeology- An archaeological place that showcases some fossils and mummies of the early ages. They are fascinating and words are not so enough to praise them.
Salta is known for its traditional mouthful dishes and regional palates. Breakfast is very simple and the first meal of the day should be very simple and full of protein. You can have here varieties of coffee, loaves of bread, and pastries for breakfast. You can choose whether you want a toast or croissant, in pastries you want butterscotch or chocolate. If you want to add meat or eggs to your breakfast then you can do that. Saltena empanada is a baked dish with a variety of fillings inside. You can choose according to your preference, you can add meat inside or vegetables, anything you like. Parilla is the next famous dish here which is basically a slice of grilled meat with added spices on it.
You will get a variety of grilled meats here, you can choose according to your taste. You can even try the stuffed pasta and extra cheesy pizzas here, the authentic flavors of the spices will definitely suit your taste buds. Almond milkshake and black bean burgers are a must-try when you are in the city. This is a very famous dish among travelers. These foods are easily available at every corner of the city. You can even get this stuff from the local street food stalls as well. The best way of enjoying the local dish of the city is by having them from the local restaurant and shops.
Traditional Local Restaurants
Salta cuisine is very famous as it carries all types of dishes from vegetarian meals to non-vegetarian dishes. The city is full of variation which allows choosing a perfect one according to your taste. Your trip to Salta is incomplete without a meal in this famous traditional restaurant of the city.
- Dona Salta – This restaurant is the highest-rated restaurant in Salta and there are good reasons for it. If you are looking for the best non-vegetarian dishes in the city then this perfect place for you. This restaurant serves the best traditional northern Argentina foods. Rabbit stew is the most famous dish of this place. Empanadas are another famous dish of the restaurant which you must try. The prices are very reasonable and booking in advance is highly recommendable.
- Pena La Vieja Estacion – This restaurant is situated in Balcarce. The interiors of the restaurant are very great; fine arts in the walls will definitely blow your mind. This place is generally filled with locals and travelers. Food is very decent and affordable, and it serves the best traditional food in the city. The quality of the foods is very nice according to the prices. The place is a bit expensive but worth it.
Vegetarian and Vegan
You do not have to worry about missing out on the traditional dishes if you are vegetarian. Here are some vegan restaurants given below that offer a wide range of traditional vegan dishes.
- Vaikuntha Resto Vegano – This place serves the best vegan food in the entire city. Gazpacho is their best vegan dish which is very popular among the traveler. The foods are freshly made with all the organic ingredients. The staff is amicable, and they will help you to understand the menu. Eggplant sandwiches and banana smoothies are a must-try when you are in this restaurant.
- GREENERS Coffee and foods – This restaurant is situated in the balcarce. It is one of the best cafés in the area. You can have a variety of coffee and smoothie here, the decoration and interiors of the café will blow your mind. Foods made of organic products are best to start your day; it's very healthy and affordable at the same time. You can even plan to hang out with your family in the evening while enjoying a cup of freshly brewed coffee.
Street foods are best to try in Salta and play a major role in the culture. The local specialty of the city is very unique and tasteful. The city is well aware that the tourists nowadays want more diversity in terms of goods and just keeping this in mind the street vendors of the city are coming up with variations in the foods. Apricot coconut dessert and plate of fried eggs and potatoes are very popular street foods among the travelers here.
You can even say that the birthplace of the sweet dishes is in Argentina and you can see that through the varieties of sweet dishes here. On the streets of the Salta, you will get to see a bunch of sellers selling tarts, pastries, and cake. The prices are very cheap compared to the five-star restaurants. Salta ice creams are a must thing here, you can easily get this from the local shop of the city and don’t forget to try the sandwich cookies, you will surely going to love that.
Torrontes grapes are produced in Salta and it is used for making sweet white wines here. When you are in the city you should try this as you will not get this anywhere else. If you are a big fan of red wines then you can even get that here as the city is full of flavors. You can even bring back some to your home if you want. There are varieties of other beverages available in the city.
Non-alcoholic drinks are also very famous here; you can try the variety of juices freshly made in the local shops of the city. Salta is the producer of grapes and you can get a variety of grapes here and accordingly you can get grape juices here. So basically you cannot miss the wines here, you will get a variety of options here in terms of flavors and the percentage of alcohol in them.
The quality of water is not that good here so it is highly recommendable for travelers to consume filtered water by buying it from the shops. The restaurant and hotels in the city have the facilities of providing filtered water and in other places, you can directly buy it from the shops. The locals of the city depend on the tap water mostly, there are hardly any cases of sickness related to that. But in summers, it is said that the tap water quality of the city is not well enough.
Therefore you can take precautions and carry your own bottle which you can refill from the local shops where purifiers are available. You cannot consume tap water in the outer areas of the city. In extreme cases, you can boil the water before consuming it. For all the other purposes like bathing, brushing, washing clothes, etc tap water can be used.
- Café Martinez – This is the best café for having organic cooked foods or coffee. You can get a combination of healthy, fresh, and creative foods here. You should definitely try the salads here, the dressings and freshly tossed salads will suit your taste buds. There are varieties of bread available here which will go with any gravy items. Unusual combinations of tasty and healthy drinks are a must-have in this café. Oats blended drinks, almond milk; berry juices are some other drinks you can try here which will make you feel refreshed.
- The coffee store – It is situated in caseros, which can be your next favorite thing in the city. The freshly brewed coffees are best to start your day along with that cheesecake is a must here. The freshly baked cakes are very soft and tasty. Regional dessert is very famous among the travelers here and this café serves the best desserts in the city. This place is generally filled with locals and travelers so you should book your seats in advance especially if you are planning to visit the café in the evening.
- Brasa Santa – This is the best place for beer lovers. They serve the best beers in the city. The authentic taste of the freshly brewed beers is a must-have. You can spend a peaceful evening by having a sip of beer from this lovely café. You can take the bottles of beers to your place and can have it at the comfort of your home. You should definitely visit Brasa Santa as your trip is incomplete without it.
- Red deer Brewing co. – It is situated in Salta. This place is well known for its handcrafted beers, the flavors are mesmerizing. You can enjoy your evenings in the city by having a pint of beer from this lovely brewery and enjoy the culture of the city. The staff are very friendly and can help you to choose the best beer for yourself. You can even take away your orders to your place and can have the beer at your own comfort.
The city is full of exciting things and you can be a part of it. The city has a beautiful traditional culture and the wines of the city are something one can never forget. The best places to explore here in the countryside area, it is where you can witness the true culture of the city. Quebrada de Humahuaca is a fourteen colored mountain, and it is also known as Rainbow Mountain. You can visit this place and witness the beauty of nature here.
The best time to visit this place is in the afternoon. The historical sites are best to visit in the city and you can even capture the moments on your smartphones or digital cameras. The central square or the San Lorenzo Church can be the other best place to visit in the city. You can even plan to play outdoor games in the parks of the city and it is the best way of staying close to nature.
Yoga and Retreats
If you want to get away from all the crowds of the city and get close to nature, then yoga and retreats are the best places. You will find a lot of them in this city as the locals use them to stay fit both mentally and physically. You will have to book the classes in advance, or they might get booked. Use online websites to book them easily and avoid the last time hassle.
The accommodation of the city is very fascinating, and you can easily get the desired place to stay in the city. The city is full of surprises for its visitors and variations as well. You can choose to stay in the five-star hotels of the city or you can stay in the green hotels. There are apartments available for longer stays and hotels and lodges for short stays. There are multiple hostels and guest houses available for the students who are shifting temporarily here for their further studies. You can even choose to live near the countryside as it is the best place to whiteness the culture of the people here.
Green hotels are one of the best options to stay in the city as an eco-friendly traveler. It offers a very comfortable stay along with keeping the environment clean. Just like all the other accommodations, you will be able to get all the different facilities available in this city based on the price. You need to choose one of them based on your budget and requirement. You will witness some of the rare things in these hotels including solar energy uses, recycled water, and others. Here are some of the famous ones that you can choose for your stay.
- Hotel Legado Mitico Salta
- Kkala Hotel Boutique
Hostels and Guest Houses
If you are planning to stay for more than a week in the city or want to cut the cost of accommodation, then you can choose to stay in the hostels and guest houses. They are similar to the green hotels and provide your lower price options. You can even share the hostel room with other people to reduce the staying price. The city offers hostels and guest houses in different corners of the city. However, try to book them at the center of the city to get connected to all the different parts very well. Here are some of the famous hostels and guest houses that you can choose from for your stay.
- La San Fransisco II
- Hostel All Norte
- Hospedaje 371
If you are thinking of traveling for a long time in this city to explore the culture or other things, then apartments are the best for you. It will both save a lot of your money and offer you a good stay with all the basic options. You will be able to get the apartments available in such places where no other options are available for accommodation. Another good thing about staying in the apartments is that it helps you to stay with the local people who are staying in rent. It helps you to learn a lot of things about the local people and their lifestyle, culture, traditions, and others. Unlike others, you do not have to book the tickets in advance as offline tickets are well available.
- Taruca Apart
- Departamentos Belgrano
- Las Tulmas Apart Hotel
Another very popular way of cost-cutting is Couchsurfing. You can use this to stay at the home of another traveler who is local to the city. The host traveler will offer you accommodation, food, and many other things. You will be able to stay with and as a local in this city using Couchsurfing. The host can also help you to know some other things as well such as the information about the city, cultural importance and others. You can take the help of online services to find the Couchsurfing hosts in this city easily.
Camping in Salta to watch the beautiful and colorful rocky scenarios is the best thing to do in the city. The natural beauty and the rich culture of the city will make you feel like visiting this place again and again. You can enjoy the sweet white wine of the city in the campsites and don’t forget to visit the Rainbow Mountains here. It can be your next favorite thing in the city. If you want to take a break from the city life and you want to enjoy some alone time then camping in the mountain areas can be your best option.
How to Get There
One of the things that you will need to decide before planning your trip is the transportation of reaching the destination. Based on your home location, you will get a lot of different modes of transportation. While some of them help you to reach fast, others provide a great exploration experience on the way. Some of them might not be available from your home location if you are traveling from other countries. In that case, you will need to break your journey. Here are some of the most picked transportations by travelers are given below.
Air is known to be the best and most picked way of transportation for travelers. It helps you to reach your travel destination faster than any other mode of transportations. However, there are some downsides available as well while traveling by flight like it does not offer any scenic beauties on the way except clouds. Also, the flight tickets are very expensive compared to all the other ones. You will have to book the tickets in advance to get them available and at a low price. Take the help of online services to book your international flights and save a lot of time on the journey.
Buses, on the other hand, is the cheapest way to reach the city from other cities or countries. You will be able to get a lot of buses available that travel every day between different cities of Argentina. However, the chances are very low to get a direct bus to this city from other countries. So, it is better to break your journey and catch a bus after reaching the country. Make sure to have some extra time on your hand while traveling by bus as traffic can make it very hard to be on time. Unlike flights, the science beauties and other locations on your way will be visible to you during the bus journey.
Trains are not well available in this city apart from local tours. You might be able to get some direct trains from nearby cities but do not get your hopes up. If you are traveling from other countries, then you will not be able to travel by train to this city. You will need to get that experience after reaching the city during exploration.
Hitchhiking is a very good way of traveling that helps you to save a lot of money and provide a great adventure. You will find a lot of travelers who are hitchhiking nowadays. Using this transportation system, you can take lifts from others and hike your way to the city. As the city is well connected with other cities of Argentina, you will be able to hitchhike your way here. However, hitchhiking your way to Salta from other countries might take a lot of days to reach. Try to carry all the necessary things with you to stay safe during your journey.
There are other modes of traveling available for travelers here that can be considered as an option. You can use a taxi or bicycle to cover the local areas of the city. Most probably you can choose to walk the inner part of the city. Flights are best to reach the city if you are traveling from a different country. You can use trains to travel to the other parts of the country as well. You can travel by road using rented cars or motorcycles that helps to get a lifetime experience. But it takes a lot of time to reach the destination.
Based on your exploration in this city, your entire traveling experience depends. If you want to explore very well, you need to choose the mode of transportation very well. There is plenty of modes of transportations available in the city that can help you to move around the famous attractions. However, you need to choose based on the time available on your hand and budget. Here are some of the most popular modes given below in detail that travelers choose the move around in Salta.
Walking is the best way to explore the different sections of the city very well. You will be able to get in some of the places where only pedestrians are allowed. If you have a lot of time available on your hand, then you can choose to walk in the city that helps to explore the buildings, markets, lifestyle of the local people very well. Although you will need a lot of time to cover all the famous attractions of the city by walking, it is one of the eco-friendly ways of moving around.
Bicycles are another eco-friendly mode of transportation that helps you to move very well to different parts of the city. There are separate lanes available in the city that allow you to avoid traffic. If you want to get your exercise done and move faster to famous attractions than walking, then bicycles are the best option for you. You will be able to get them on rent from local services. There are some accommodations available in the city too that provide cycles to travelers free of cost. So, make sure to check your accommodation before renting one.
Why choose to travel by vehicles that are run by fuel and produce polluted smoke? When you can choose to move around the city from one to another attraction very fast in the electronic cars and vehicles. They are as comfortable as fuel cars but help to keep the environment safe from pollution. You can get them in this city from different local car services. If you have limited time on your hand to travel the city, then it can help you a lot to get a very good traveling experience.
Although plenty of the other modes of transportations are available in the city, none of them is as low cost as the bus. You will find a lot of buses in this city from intercity to local ones with different specifications and facilities. The public buses are well connected to all the corners of the city. You can get one by standing in the bus stops or terminals easily as they are frequent. The extra advantage of traveling by bus is that it helps you to travel alongside the local people and observe their lifestyle.
Tram, Train and Subway
Trains are not very well available to move around and most of them are not well connected with the different parts of the city. However, you can take part in the train of the clouds tour in Salta that is very popular among tourists. This one-day long train tour helps you to explore the landscapes of Salta, the city of Salta, the landscape of the north, and others. This train journey is one of the most interesting things that you need to take part in this city. Trams are not available in this city to move around and subways are not well connected.
Alto Noa is the best shopping mall in the city where you can get almost everything. This can be your one-stop destination for all your needs. Branded items or local produce, all of these at a very affordable price. If you are looking for any branded items then you can go shopping in the malls. Apart from that, there are many markets available in the city that offer vintage and antique items to travelers. To keep the city waste-free, you can visit the second-hand markets of the city as well to buy different things. Here are some of these markets and details about them given below.
If you are a food lover, then you must visit the food markers of the city. These markets offer a wide range of food ingredients, spices, vegetables to the customers. You might see some of the foods that are not available in your home city. Most of the spices that are used to make traditional foods tasty are available here. You can also stop at the food stalls available in these markets to take a break and try the delicious foods. Some of the most popular ones are given below that you can visit.
- Mercado Municipal San Miguel
- Super Market Salta
If you are in search of the best collectible or antique items, then flea markets can help you. Some of these flea markets are available in this city that offers antiques, vintage items, rare handcrafted items, and many more. From old radios to tape-recorders, you will find some of the rare items here that will help you to make your collection exclusive. However, as most of the flea markets have a first come first serve policy, you will need to reach these markets very early. Some of the famous flea markets of Salta are listed below.
- F& F mini mercadito
- Que Tentacion
Second Hand Stores
Shopping is a necessary part of every trip and it helps to carry some of the beautiful items back home with you as a reminder of the trip. However, there are some second-hand markets available that offer you the opportunity to get some items at a low price and help the environment of the city at the same time. These second-hand markets offer clothes to other accessories at very low prices. It helps to keeps the environment safe by reducing waste. You can visit these stores to get some of the best items in this city.
- La Percheria
You can choose to have eco-fashion instead of the normal clothes and accessories. It helps to improve the environment along with keeping your health safe. As these fashions are made with natural materials, there are no side effects which are very common in clothes made of chemical materials. You can find some eco-fashion stores in this city that offer clothes and other items at a very low range. It is one of your responsibilities to help the eco-fashion sellers. Also, the local people will be influenced to see you buying the eco-fashion items.
The recycling process in this city has improved a lot in the last few years. The government and local companies have come forward to install more recycling plants in the city. They have minimized the use of plastics too for reducing the total waste of the city. You will be able to see a lot of recycling procedures in this city during your trip. Try to play your part very well to keep the city out of pollution such as buying things from the recycling store.
As the recycling process started to get better in this city, the annual waste decreased a lot. Most of the waste used to go to the landfill or other dumps but now a major part of the waste is recycled. Less use of plastic helped a lot to reduce the waste of the city. The household waste is collected by the workers and there are dustbins installed in different parts of the city to collect recyclable waste. So, make sure to play your part well to keep the city clean from waste and place your waste in the right place.
Work and Study Abroad
The University of Salta has so many branch institutes in different parts of the country. The university offers a lot of facilities to the students. There are several academic and non-academic facilities available for the students that include a library, sports facilities, study abroad, exchange program, etc. Salta has been a very famous tourist spot for the past few years and it is one of the developing cities in the country. So there are plenty of job opportunities here, you can plan according to your field of interest. The city has a very good accommodation structure which can support you a lot when you are shifting temporarily to the city. For detailed information, you can check the official websites of the universities and job sites here.
The exchange student program is one of the best programs that can help you to study at a foreign university with a very low fee. You will need to get nominated by the home university to have this facility. Also, the home institute must have a partnership with the foreign university that you are choosing to study. You can check the list of universities that have partnerships with your home institute to choose one.
If you are a student, worker, or traveler from another country, then Au Pair is one of the best options for you to stay. It helps you to get a place to stay, food, and some pocket money as well in exchange for taking care of the different things like household, children, and others. Use the online services to get the best Au Pair jobs for you.
If you want to help the city stay clean and pollution-free, then volunteering is the best way to do it. You will be able to get many volunteering jobs available in the city to choose from. You can collect waste, help the locals to learn different languages, and others.