Eco-friendly travel guide to Sardinia advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to travel in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Sardinia, Italy.
- Air quality: 3 / 5
- Bus connections: 3 / 5
- Train connections: 3/ 5
- Hitchhiking: 4 / 5
- National parks: 4 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 4.5 / 5
- Locals' English level: 3 / 5
- Safety: 4 / 5
- Accommodation: US$50 - $500
- Budget per day: US$100 - $700
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 Regions
- 11 Cities
- 12 Getting There and Moving Around
- 13 Sustainable Shopping
- 14 Recycling
- 15 Work and Study Abroad
- 16 See Also
Sardinia is an island on the Mediterranean Sea and a perfect getaway location. It could be a honeymoon destination or a place to relax and have a pleasant experience.
Although it is a small island, it promises fun at all times. Any foreigner visiting this place has the assurance of indulging in various exciting activities. You may not want to leave this island when it is time to go back home.
Being a responsible traveler is essential when you visit Sardinia. Following are some of the ways to travel responsibly:
- Choose green hotels over other accommodation options and if you cannot find a green hotel of your choice then opt for an apartment or hostel. This is because most of the five star hotels and resorts create tonnes of waste every day including 79,000 tonnes of food waste (9% total food waste from the sector) and they do not adhere to sustainable business practices. If you choose to stay in an apartment you can work on your carbon footprint and decide on things like using no plastic, minimum waste etc. This will not only help with reducing your carbon footprint but massively help help with improving the environment.
- Eat Local food and buy the food from street food stalls or small restaurants. This is because most of the big restaurant chains or fast food conglomerates are guilty of producing so much waste and directly contributing the problem of pollution and climate change due to their harmful business models. Not only do the small business owners need the help of tourists to run their business and provide for their family but they also have ethical practices for example most of them do not use plastic.
- Use local transportation or electronic vehicles to keep the city pollution-free and save a lot of money at the same time.
- Shop local. In order to support local craftsmen and artisans always shop local. During your trip to the city, you will come across small shops and food stalls in almost every lane of the city. If you want to have an unforgettable experience in the city, then buy goods and handicrafts from these shops. This will not only help you to save a lot of money but you will be supporting a lot of local people who are dependent on their small businesses to earn a livelihood
Air Quality and Pollution
Air quality and the pollution levels of a place should be of concern for anyone planning to travel to that place. It affects your health, it affects the quality of your trip, your planned activities etc.
Italy is not known to be a region or country with the best air quality. However, Sardinia has better air quality than most places in this country.
When traveling to this island, it is crucial to be at your best. However, the air quality is not so bad to affect living conditions.
We agree that the locals can do more to improve the air quality. It could be a reduction in activities that cause air pollution. However, the island is conducive for living. Thus, it should not affect your travel plans.
Respect the Culture
One cannot deny the simplicity that will be felt when visiting Sardinia. The locals of this island are friendly, open-minded, and non problematic. It makes living with them easy.
However, it will be wrong to take them simplicity for granted. Any foreigner must be willing to make compromises to have a smooth stay on this island.
It is helpful to know that the locals of this island are passionate about their culture. Thus, it will be in your best interest to avoid arguments that concern culture and tradition.
The people believe in mutual respect. Once you respect their boundaries and have basic manners, you are good to go.
We can assure you that you will not have any complaints about spending your holiday in Sardinia.
Top 10 Places to Visit
We know that you are eager to visit all the exciting places in Sardinia. Allow us to highlight some ofhe top spots:
- Neptune's Grotto: This cave that was discovered back in the 18th century has been one of the most popular tourist destinations on the island. Some people will say that this is a place for those who are adventurous. However, we will recommend that everyone should visit it. There is a tour guide here to assist foreigners and visitors in general for exploring the caves. There are many caves to explore at this place, and you will have a fantastic experience.
- Capo Caccia: Capo Caccia stands out at 186 meters of height over the small bay near Alghero, at the northwestern tip of the island. It was named after the fact that in the 19th century the local aristocracy enjoyed pigeon hunting (‘caccia’) from boats at the foot of this sharp peak. Today, a myriad of birds still populate the area: eagles, swifts, peregrine falcons, petrels, and yellow-legged gull to mention but a few and is a protected area. There are also a number of sea caves at the base of the “tall tower”, such as the huge underwater Nereo Cave. We know that those who are scared of height will not be willing to visit this place but it is definitely worth it. We always advise people to go with a camera when visiting this place as the views are picture-perfect.
- Gorropu Gorge: One of the deepest gorges of Europe, this Grand Canyon is nothing short of mesmerising. You can take a guided tour or enjoy hiking. It’s definitely a place worth visiting for adventure lovers. We would advise that you carry abundant of water when visiting this place as you will be doing a lot of walking. It is a perfect area for hiking, and you will appreciate the experience. The scenery is usually beautiful. If you are skeptic about it being too dangerous then you can just take a guided tour to be on the safe side.
- Supramonte: The Supramonte Mountain Range is Sardinia's / Sardegna's second highest one. It is formed by limestone rock, which is is quite similar to the formations you can find in the Dolomites. in fact the mineral composition is very similar, the limestone being a special kind of Dolomite. The range, however, is older so that it is in a state of advanced erosion. You won't find the large scree piles beneath the summits, that you get used to in the Dolomites - most of them have been grown over and are pretty easy to ascend. If you are daring and courageous, you should visit this place and challenge yourself to climb to the top of the mountain. However, you must be careful and watch your steps as it gets pretty steep. The cliffs and canyons at this place are worth exploring.
- Grotta del Bue Marino: While Sardinia is spectacular from the cliffs and beaches, it's just as dramatic in the underground realm. The Grotta of the Bue Marino is a good example. Bue Marino literally means "marine ox" in reference to the monk seals that once called this cave their home. You'll disembark and find a majestic entry cavity with two towering arches. The rock formations reflect on the placid water as you walk over the gangway and into the depths of the cave. The tour guides are handy to answer any questions you might have about the area. Some people say that looking at the waters makes them calm.
- Tiscali: If you are an archeologist or love things relating to archaeology, you should definitely visit this place. It was one of the first villages on the island, but all that stands now is its remains. We know that you will find something interesting when you visit this place. People also use the area for hiking now, and they say that you will enjoy the experience.
- Tomba Dei Giganti: It is one of the island’s archaeological sites and is better classified as a burial ground. This megalithic tomb has been dated to around 1800 b.c.e. It began as a corridor type burial tumulus (visible behind the stele) and was later decorated with this striking forecourt whose focal point is a 4.40 meter stele. The stele is composed of two pieces of granite that have been skillfully mortised together. It is thought that the small opening represents a passageway to the land of the ancestors. The orientation of the site is almost due west. The nearest town is Arzachena.
- Capo Testa: Do you have an interest in rocks or wish to explore a rocky area? It would help if you visit this place when in Sardinia. The ambiance and atmosphere of this place is soothing, and it has rocky coves. It is a perfect location to watch the sunset. If you are looking to have a quiet time, you should visit this place.
- Punta La Marmora: You should not leave Sardinia without visiting its highest point. The hiking experience in this area is usually excellent, and we know that it will add to your memory bank.
- Capo Mannu: It is safe to say that you will have an encompassing experience at this place as there are many activities to do. You can choose to relax by the sea or go windsurfing. There is also the idea of kayaking at this place. It is impossible to have a dull moment when you visit this place.
Being an island, you might assume that there is not much to explore in Sardinia but you couldn’t be more wrong. There is enough to explore that your itinerary will remain packed. If you are not the type who just wants to lounge around on the beach for hours and hours then Sardinia is the perfect place. While you will get to spend time on the beach but you can explore so many hidden gems including archeological sites, national parks, landmarks, museums etc. Sardinia is an island, so most of its fun and exciting places have to do with water.
We will help you highlight some of the best places to explore on this island.
We know that many people love to take walks and strolls. In such cases, we tell them to explore the city parks in the area.
Sardinia has city parks in unique locations that are easily accessible. Some of them are:
- Giardini Pubblici: People are usually in awe of the lush gardens and the ambiance at this place. The fact that it is always clean as the handling is adequately managed is a plus point. If you are looking to have some quiet time, you should explore this beautiful city park. It helps to calm the mind and enables you to recollect your thoughts.
- Parco Naturale Bruncu Santoru: Another beautiful city park with just the right vibe. You can walk around, relax, stretch your body, take in the morning sun and start your day on the right note in this beautiful park. It is frequented by the locals as well so you will get a chance to interact with them.
There are also national parks on the island. Such parks are fantastic to visit as it gives you a feel of nature. Some people say that national parks help them to bond with the environment.
Some of the national parks in Sardinia are:
- Parco Nazionale del Golfo di Orosei e del Gennargentu: The largest national park of Sardinia, Parco Nazionale del Golfo di Orosei e del Gennargentu is nothing short of majestic. The park area of Parco Nazionale del Golfo di Orosei e del Gennargentu is quite heterogeneous from a geological and landscape point of view, and represents one of the wildest areas in the Mediterranean. There are many natural relevances area, including the many species of plants and animals including the presence of important natural monuments.
- Asinara National Park: It is located on the second-largest island in Sardinia. The island owes its name to the presence of many donkeys and especially a very peculiar species: the white donkey. The originality of the animal comes from its white coat and its sky-pink eyes. There are several assumptions about the origin of this very particular donkey. It is even said that they landed on the island due to the shipwreck of a vessel on its way to France.
You can explore a new area by visiting its beaches, especially if it is a place with many water bodies.
When visiting Sardinia, you can have many expectations concerning beaches as it is an island.
Some of its beaches are:
- Tuerredda Beach: Since it is a public beach, it is safe to say that it is always full. However, that does not limit your fun. It is a perfect place for both adults and children. The clear waters are soothing and calming. You can also engage in various activities. There is nothing not to love about this place.
- Spiaggia di Porto Giunco: It is also another public beach. It is important to note that you will pay to use its amenities. However, the experience at this place is always pleasant.
A typical landmark is a place that gets the attention of people at any time. There are various reasons why a site or structure would be captivating.
It could be the height of the building or its architectural features. What matters is that people can always notice it.
A landmark comes in handy for foreigners when you are trying to learn a new area’s navigation process. Thus, we will highlight some of the landmarks in Sardinia. You will realize that you would become more familiar with a new place when you know its landmarks.
We can assure you that you would not miss your way once you know these landmarks.
Some of them in Sardinia are:
- Cattedrale di Santa Maria Assunta e Santa Cecilia
- Nuraghe Arrubiu
There’s no question that museums are not only an ideal way to learn about human history, but also the cultures of different countries. By just observing art, you can glean insights into the mindset of the inhabitants of specific time periods and countries, including their beliefs, morals, cultures, and more.
A museum that you should definitely visit while on your trip to Sardinia is:
- Museo Archeologico Nazionale: People are usually excited to visit this place because they see artifacts from different eras. It also does not fail to fill you in on the history of Sardinia. The museum presents this in the form of film documentation. A visit to this place is always worth it. However, it is essential to note that entrance to this museum is not free.
We cannot overemphasize the importance of information when you are visiting a new place. Such knowledge comes in different ways. Allow us to present information on the local meals that a person can get in Sardinia.
This island is rich in terms of food. Most of these meals have people licking their fingers, wanting to feed their tastebuds continuously.
We know that many people love to eat pasta. However, you should not expect the same preparation process everywhere. When in Sardinia, you should try Fregula, the Sardinian pasta.
There is also Pecora in Cappotto, a type of stew with the infusion of potatoes and herbs. It is delicious, and we can assure you that you will not get tired of eating it.
You can find many food options when you are in Sardinia.
It comes in handy that Sardinia is a small island. With this information, you are sure that it will not be challenging to locate traditional local restaurants on the island. After all, where else do you plan to get the local meals?
We know that foreigners love to enjoy traditional meals in a comfortable ambiance. We can assure you that you will get local restaurants up to your standards on this island.
It pays to visit a traditional local restaurant as they have an array of local food options. They also have people that can help you choose if you have a hard time picking a meal.
With time, you will get a particular restaurant and become a regular there until you leave the island.
Are you a vegan visiting Sardinia? You do not need to bother with how to get food that caters to your dietary requirements. We know that some people may want to argue some restaurants do not have provisions for vegetarians.
However, when you visit this island, you would notice that they do not sideline vegans. Some of the restaurants have vegan options.
Even if a regular restaurant does not have a vegetarian option, you can go to vegan-specialized restaurants. The idea is that everyone who visits or stays on the island can enjoy meals, irrespective of their eating preference.
We usually tell people that there should be no food complaints when visiting Sardinia as the people are prepared. We can assure you that you will enjoy all the meals at the vegan restaurants.
We are also sure that you have heard about street foods many times. Some of you might be familiar with the terms. Others might find it strange. Street foods are those meals one can quickly get, possibly at the roadside. It could be that you did not know the term or classification for such meals.
Some people have street foods as their favorite meals. Thus, it only fits that we also highlight the street foods you can find in Sardinia.
Amongst the numerous available options of street foods in Sardinia is Pane Carasau. People best describe it as crispy bread. You can also find lobsters as people love eating them. It comes in different ways. The commonest is lobster stew.
Seadas are also street foods on this island.
It would not make sense for us to highlight the traditional local foods in Sardinia without talking about the traditional local drinks. However, it will be hard to highlight the various options as they are a lot.
It is essential not to forget that this island is in Italy. We are sure that you have always heard of Italian wine. Thus, you are sure to see different varieties of wines in Sardinia.
When it concerns drinks on this island, you can get both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. Thus, it is safe to say that they attend to everyone’s preference.
You can also get beers and more on this island. The idea is that the country produces most of its drinks, so you can never run out of options.
We have talked about the different drinks you can get on this island. It is also ideal that we address the issue of tap water. One of the most typical questions we get when people are traveling to a new area is questions about portable water. ‘is it safe to drink the tap water in this area?’
We usually tell those traveling to Sardinia that they do not have any issues. After all, this island is in Italy. The country has a reputation for safe and clean tap water.
We are not saying that everyone drinks tap water. It depends on their choice as some people prefer to buy bottled mineral water. However, allow us to tell you that drinking tap water in Sardinia is safe.
There should be no need to disturb yourself about the various activities that you can do in Sardinia. Some people say that this place has an advantage as it is an island. They believe that there are more fun things to do on an island.
We are not agreeing or disputing their thoughts. However, we can agree that Sardinia has a lot to offer.
Some of the activities that people do on this island are fishing and kayaking. We know that the thoughts of such activities get some people excited. Since there are water bodies in this area, you can be sure of these activities’ feasibility.
Many places on this island make perfect spots for fishing and kayaking. Ensure that you engage in these activities before leaving Sardinia.
When talking about the fun activities that people do in Sardinia, it will be wrong for us not to mention yoga. We can say that this activity is as popular as fishing and kayaking. We know that it comes in handy for those who are scared of water activities.
Thus, if you are looking for something to do in Sardinia, you should go on a yoga retreat. If you have never been to one, you are in for an exciting experience.
Some people may argue that they do not know how to perform yoga. This is understandable. However, allow us to tell you that you can learn it while on the island. The locals of this place are always willing to teach new people.
We always try to ensure that foreigners have a smooth stay in any place they are visiting. However, there is only so much we can do with our information. Other things are in the hands of the tourist.
One of the things that we have no control over is accommodation. We always tell foreigners that it is an essential factor that must be in place before they visit a new area.
If you do not plan on where you will stay, your holiday plans will be shattered. Some people feel they can make such plans when they get to the town. But that is not the right way to go.
Settling your accommodation ahead gives you peace of mind that it is available and lets you have a proper accommodation budget.
Some people have it in mind that they want to stay in a green hotel when they visit a new place. However, this will not be possible if there are no green hotels in the area.
A green hotel is an eco-friendly accommodation option. It has high recommendations from many people.
We can assure you that you will see green hotels as a part of the available accommodation options for those visiting Sardinia. We cannot start highlighting all of them or highlighting their prices.
It is important to note that getting a green hotel on this island depends on your area. Thus, it would be best if you do not hesitate to research more about a green hotel is what you have in mind.
It is best always to remember that green hotels are in Sardinia.
Hostels and Guest Houses
Some people will say that you should go for any of these options if you are looking for something that is not too excessive. Thus, we can say that it comes in handy for those who do not have a high accommodation budget.
Contrary to some beliefs, staying in a hostel or guesthouse does not mean taking a downgrade. These places also offer comfort. However, it is always best to cut your coat according to your size.
There are many hostels and guesthouses in Sardinia. Thus, it is a feasible option for anyone traveling to the area. It is usually easier to relate with people when staying in a hostel or guesthouse due to the close-knit style of living. We are sure that you will bond with them.
The cost of staying in an apartment always comes to play when we mention or add apartments to the list of available accommodation options. Some people say that it is too expensive. However, it is not everyone who has a tight accommodation budget. Thus, some people can afford it.
Many luxurious advantages come with staying in an apartment. Since there are apartments in Sardinia, we would encourage you to go for this option if you can afford it.
The apartments in Sardinia are well managed and will always appeal to the eyes. The services you also get at these places are top-notch. They are also quick to resolve any complaints you might have. We have never seen anyone who has complaints about staying in an apartment, especially in Sardinia.
We do not know if you have heard of Couchsurfing people. If you are a frequent traveler, we are sure that you will be familiar with this term. It could also be that you might have engaged in it before.
Couchsurfing is a way people get free accommodation in a new place. There is a website that enables Couchsurfing in any location you might desire.
By getting free accommodation, we mean that it connects you with locals willing to play host to foreigners.
All you need to do is register and set up a profile on the website, then look for locals who can host you. Some people say that Couchsurfing is also an effective way to explore a new place as your host will automatically become your tour guide.
The versatility of an area is what makes it unique and outstanding. We will not be wrong to call Sardinia a unique island as it is versatile.
Did you know that there are many camping sites on this island? It is not everywhere that can have such bragging rights. Thus, it is suitable for us to give accolades where it is due.
If you are the outdoor type, we know that you will be interested in camping. Since there are many campsites on this island, you know that such activity is not new to the locals.
Instead of staying and wishing, you have some options. You can either organize and have a camping experience with some foreigners or merge with the locals. This is why you should be friendly with them constantly to give you information about their activities.
Getting There and Moving Around
There are times when a person wants to travel, and they do not know how to go about it transportation. This is understandable, especially when they are a first-time traveler to that region.
However, instead of trying to travel blindly, it is best to research and ask questions. Knowing how to get to your destination is always essential to have a smooth and stress-free trip.
By asking questions, you get to know the various means of transport that can take you there. You also get to know their prices. It could be that you wanted to use a boat to Sardinia. However, the cost is above your transportation budget. In such a case, you have to use other available options.
It is helpful that you do not compromise knowledge on how to get there.
There is also the case of knowing how to move around once you get to your destination. It could be that you are traveling to Sardinia from Africa. The way people move around in your home city could differ from how people move around on this island. Thus, knowing how to move around is always important.
On our part, we will highlight the available transport means within the island. However, the tourist has the task of questioning the locals to know more.
The locals help give information on the dos and don’ts when it concerns moving around. They could tell you the best places to stand or things not to touch.
Getting information on moving around should be the foremost thought on your mind as you arrive in Sardinia.
We can say that walking is one of the best ways of moving around in Sardinia. There are many reasons for this claim.
One of the reasons is because of how soothing the island can be. If you can remember, we mentioned that Sardinia is a small island. Thus, there is the case that most of the tourist sites are close to each other. This also extends to other important places on the island.
Thus, you do not get to walk long distances when walking, except on some rare occasions. Walking around on an island is usually fun as you get to interact with people, exchange smiles and pleasantries, enjoy the cool breeze, and much more.
Even if you forget other means of moving around, it is always helpful to remember that walking around is possible.
We are also not wrong to say that one can use a bicycle to move around in Sardinia. If you research, you would see that the area is an ideal place for cyclists.
Sometimes, you would see that cycling competitions happen on this island. Thus, we are not surprised when foreigners rush to rent bicycles. Having a bike on this island allows you to do many things.
You get to use your bicycle to move from one point to another. You can also join in any of the cycling games and competitions if you desire. Now, you cannot say that the island is dull.
The road network is also commended as it makes cycling feasible. Thus, using a bicycle is a way of moving around in Sardinia.
Another means of moving around in Sardinia is to use a scooter. For some people, it could be their first time seeing people using scooters to move around. Others may be used to it from their home cities.
We do not know what category you fall under. However, using scooters is a common sight on this island. The same way a person would rent a bicycle is the same way they can rent a scooter. Thus, the process is not complicated.
However, beginners should not get on the road with a scooter to prevent mishaps. It should be that you are a professional rider before renting a scooter.
It will also not be out of place to have a helmet and shin guard as you ride around with a scooter.
You cannot use air to a place if there are no airports in the area. For a place like Sardinia, it has nothing less than three airports. Thus, flying into the air is a possibility.
People often ask if it is possible to get a plane to this island from anywhere in the world. The answer is no. There are strategic places that make this happen.
We cannot start highlighting all the places where you can board a plane to Sardinia. As a tourist, check if there are direct flights from your current location to the island.
If you are already within Sardinia, you should not stress yourself as it will not be hard to get a flight. Using air is a means of getting into the island.
There are also questions about if it is possible to use air to move around in Sardinia. Since the island has more than one airport, people will think that it is feasible.
When you are in Sardinia, you will realize that things are not always as they seem. The idea of using air to move around on this island is not common. After all, it is a small island. Thus, they believe that the distances to cover are not much.
Understandably, some people love to use air because of its speed and ease of movement. However, we advise that you stick to other means of transport when it concerns moving around in Sardinia. Using air to move around is a method you should cancel from your mind.
Road network is well-developed in Sardinia. Hight traffic capacity links include Oristano-Olbia, Sassari-Alghero, Sassari-Tempio Pausania, Sassari – Olbia, Cagliari – Tortolì, Cagliari – Iglesias, Nuoro – Lanusei. Public transport buses connect all the areas of Sardinia, including major cities, small cities, and major villages.
There is the idea of using a train to get into some cities and countries. Thus, people traveling to Sardinia ask us if it is an option for them to consider.
Before you think of using a train, check if there is a railway connection from your present location to the island. We are sure that you will not see anything.
Thus, it is impossible to say that using a train is a feasible means of getting into Sardinia. Although trains are slow, we have seen that it is the favorite means of transport for some people. Thus, they are sad when they cannot get a train.
Instead of being sad, use any available means of transport to get into Sardinia. Or, do you want to miss out on the fantastic experience because you cannot use a train?
We do not know the information that you already know about Sardinia. However, if you have done proper research, you will see a railway on the island. Thus, it means that one can use a train to move around.
The experience when using a train to move around in Sardinia is usually worth it. Most of the train tracks are within the mountains, so you are sure to have a pleasant view.
We would not say that there are many trains on this island. After all, it is a slow means of movement.
We write and highlight this for those who love to move via trains. Whenever you are in Sardinia, you can always remember that you can use a train to move around.
The concept of hitchhiking is almost similar to that of Couchsurfing. In this case, it entails getting a free ride.
Hitchhiking is usually easy in a place where the people are friendly, and Sardinia is an example. One can never tell, but you might need to hitchhike during your stay on the island.
If you flag down a vehicle and explain your situation, we are sure that you will get a free ride. The locals are always ready to render help to both foreigners and fellow locals.
The water bodies also come in handy when it concerns transportation in Sardinia. Using a boat is a way of getting into the island.
However, it would be best if you are in Italy already before you can get a boat. If you wish to use this method, you can get a boat from different areas in Italy.
You can also use a yacht when it concerns moving around on this island.
We know that those who love things that relate to water will be happy with these options.
We have not seen any foreigner who traveled to a place without needing to buy things. We know that some people may want to prove us wrong and refuse to shop in a new area.
However, refusal to shop is wrong as it means you are not a responsible tourist. To be a responsible tourist, you need to shop, especially from the local vendors.
Buying things from these local vendors is called sustainable shopping, and we encourage all tourists to engage in it.
We do not think there is any place that does not have a food market. Thus, you can engage in sustainable shopping by going to a food market.
There is a positive feeling to visiting the food market in Sardinia. It could be due to the various vibrant conversations. The locals will also find how to rope you into the conversations as they do not want anyone to feel left out.
It is safe to say that visiting these food markets help in bonding with the locals.
Another option that comes to play when it concerns sustainable shopping is to buy from second-hand stores. We can already hear the complaints as we know that some people have reservations about such stores.
Since the locals are in charge of these stores, shopping there is also sustainable shopping. If you inspect whatever you are buying, you will realize that there is no much difference between it now and in a new state.
We can tell that there is almost nothing you want you cannot get at a second-hand store.
If you want to see the locals’ creativity on this island, you can see it through eco-fashion. Buying eco-fashion items is another way of engaging in sustainable shopping.
The idea of eco-fashion brings out the best creativity of the designers. Thus, it would be wrong to say that the clothes are not fashionable.
We can assure you that you will look exceptional whenever you wear any eco-fashion item. These are clothes that came from recyclable products and they are waxing strong with hopes to do more.
When you visit Sardinia, you will see that recycling happens in various forms. One of which we have highlighted under sustainable shopping – eco-fashion.
Each year, the island keeps recording a significant increase in its recycling rates, and there are hopes to do better.
It is fantastic that the locals are ready to come together and support the recycling initiative. As a foreigner, you should also play your part when on the island.
If you have items for recycling, send them to the appropriate channels.
The ‘zero waste’ initiative of Sardinia has played a significant role in its waste management.
Since we see that they engage in recycling, we can also say that they do not joke about their waste management.
The people of this island strive to ensure that the environment is always clean to appeal to visitors.
The goal is to ensure that there is zero waste on the island. They have been doing good so far. If you feel that you can help in any way, you should also lend your support.
Work and Study Abroad
We have some universities and colleges in Sardinia. Thus, we are not shocked that people ask about working while studying on the island.
The rules that come to play in Sardinia apply to all Italian countries. It is safe for us to tell you that you can work while studying in the country.
However, there is a limited number of hours. Foreigners should not exceed working 20 hours per week. They try to ensure that students do not slack in their academics.
Since Sardinia’s educational institutions are few, we cannot say that education is a reason for a high inflow of foreigners to the island.
However, it also does not mean that people do not want to school in these educational institutions. Although the numbers are not high, we sometimes see people who wish to do exchange programs in schools on this island.
It could be that they want to explore the area and enjoy the atmosphere. Thus, embarking on a student exchange program would make this possible.
By becoming an au pair on this island, you are looking for a family that will be your host.
Some people may want to link it to Couchsurfing. However, they are hosting you so that you can work for them. This is an easy way of getting a job when in Sardinia.
People often ask how they can get a host. All you need is to register and have a profile on the au pair website. It connects you with these families.
Being an au pair is easier when you can understand your host family.
Volunteering is not a new thing in the world today as many people are doing it. One of the worst mistakes you can make is to become a volunteer because your friends are also doing it.
Being a volunteer has to be willing so that you can be efficient and give it your all. No place isn’t looking for a volunteer. If you do not mind, you can join the volunteering community while in Sardinia.