Eco-friendly travel guide to Stockholm advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Air quality: 4 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 5 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 5 / 5
- Public transportation: 4.5 / 5
- Parks: 4.5 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 4.5 / 5
- Locals' English level: 4/ 5
- Safety: 4.5 / 5
- Accommodation: US$50 - $600
- Budget per day: US$100 - $700
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Stockholm has rightfully placed itself as one of the top cities anyone would like to visit worldwide. There is an array of reasons why a foreigner would want to see this city, with safety being one of it as this city is one of the safest in the world.
As the capital city of Sweden, it is also the most populated, but that has not stopped this city from improvement. There are many things to explore in this city, and it has many of its attractions under the world heritage sites category.
As a foreigner in Stockholm, you must be observant to become a responsible traveler. It would help if you adapt quickly to their rules and regulations. It is a liberated town, but you should never take the niceness of any local for granted.
Air Quality and Pollution
Many people dream of staying in a city with high air quality, so it would not hurt their health. It could be that they have an underlying health issue that gets triggered by polluted air or wants to be on the safe side. It is typical of anyone to be curious about the air quality in the country they are visiting.
If you choose Stockholm as your chosen holiday city, you do not have anything to worry as the air quality is high. It is one of the least polluted cities worldwide, and this can be linked to the usage of electric buses as it eliminates fumes from cars.
It is always refreshing to breath in the air in this city.
Respect the Culture
Every foreigner has to follow and respect Swedish traditions when in Stockholm. One thing you should know about the people is that they are humble and respectful. They love to associate with foreigners, but they hate people who are proud or boastful.
You should know that you cannot use money to impress any of the women as they are on the lookout for your personality instead of your pocket.
It is best to familiarize yourself with some of their customs and traditions as it would be your guide while you are in the city. Even if you do not agree with some of these customs, you should not criticize or talk down. The best thing is to get more explanation and views on them.
Top 10 Places to Visit
As Stockholm is a city comprising of 14 islands, it has many famous places of attraction for any foreigner so that you would not have a dull moment while there.
These places are:
- The Royal Palace: It is the residence of the Swedish monarch, and gets much attention from foreigners. Although there is privacy since representatives happen here, there are times when it is open to the public. The building will also captivate you.
- Drottningholm Palace: It is one of the royal palaces in Sweden and also a private residence. Royalty always gets attention, so it is a top tourist attraction.
- Riddarholmen Church: It is one of the oldest buildings in Stockholm, and a place of attraction for many as the architectural features captivate people. It was the burial site of Swedish royal monarchs.
- Stockholm Public Library: There is always much knowledge to get at the library, so foreigners do not pass up the opportunity to visit the Stockholm library. It gives you a better view of the history and culture of the city.
- Rosendals Trädgård: It is one of the organic cafes in the city, proving that Stockholm is highly invested in sustainability. You can enjoy delicious meals from this place.
- Royal Swedish Opera: If you want to enjoy shows like ballet and operas in Stockholm, this is the place for you to visit. It is also a great place to mingle with foreigners.
- Mårten Trotzigs Gränd: It is not out of place that the narrowest street in Stockholm would get attention from foreigners. It is an intriguing place, and everyone wants to see for themselves.
- Skansen Aquarium: It is always refreshing to visit an aquarium, as you would see sea creatures you might have never seen before. It would be best if you do not miss visiting here when in Stockholm.
- Fjällgatan: It is a street in Stockholm that gives panoramic views of the city. It is beautiful and relaxing.
- House of Nobility: The architecture of this place never fails to attract people, both locals and foreigners. It is a meeting house that contains records and a meeting house for nobility in the 1960s.
It is unheard of that a foreigner would visit a city and remain indoors. There is almost no city that would not have places for tourist to explore, so why would you not want to go and explore these areas?
You might want to get a tour guide who would have you point out different places or give you steps on gaining access. However, if you do not have the option of a tour guide, you can ask a friendly local to show you around.
You can also take short walks to different locations in Stockholm. It is a promising city that has captivating places of attraction, and you should take advantage of it when you are in the city as you would not have any regrets.
Stockholm has many parks for exploration, and some of the city parks are:
- Ivar Los Park: If you need a place to have picnics in Stockholm, this is a good location as it provides you with amazing views that are soothing and refreshing. It is always quiet, and one place where you can enjoy the sunset.
- Humlegården: It is one of the beautiful and famous parks in Stockholm that is animal friendly. It is close to the city library, and usually busy. You can mingle and make friends from this place.
- Hagaparken: Many people love to visit this place because of its calm and quietness. It is a place where you can have a relaxing evening and enjoy the views of Stockholm. There are never any regrets of visiting this park.
By extension, there are also national parks in Stockholm, and there are:
- Tyresta National Park: Hiking is a way of exploring nature, and you can do this at this national park. It also has lakes where you can relax after the day’s activity.
- Judarskogen Nature Preserve: Many people love to visit this place during the winter as it is an excellent area for skating. It is usually fun as there are also other people, and there could be a mini competition. You will meet exceptional networks at this park.
- Kungsträdgården: People usually hang out here or use it for events. Thus, it is always busy but still a fantastic place to explore. You can get on the ice rink or do other activities while there.
Due to the numerous islands in Stockholm, you know that it would have water bodies. Thus, the beach classifies as an area to explore in this city.
Some Stockholm beaches are:
- Långholmen: It is a beach on one of the islands in Stockholm and promises good fun for anyone who visits. There are woodland trails that make the experience more exciting and classifies it as one of the top tourist attractions in the city.
- Hammarbybacken: If you love skiing, you should visit this ski resort when you are in Stockholm. It is a favourite place for many people, and you can mix and mingle without any hitches as the management is usually friendly. Even if you do not know how to ski, you can go there to learn.
It is best for a foreigner to always look out for landmarks in any city as they would be your guide when there is no tour guide. After all, you cannot always walk around with a tour guide, and you would not want to get missing. The landmarks are:
- Stockholm City Hall: The city hall is remarkable as it is the municipal council of Stockholm in Sweden. It is a tall building that can be seen from different parts of the city, serving as a landmark.
- Storkyrkan: It is a church with George and the dragon statue. These are symbolic and catchy, making it a famous landmark in Stockholm.
- Stockholm Public Library: Asides the fact that it stands as a citadel of knowledge, it is built with red bricks, making it intriguing to many. Its architectural features also stand out and is a landmark that can help you.
The library is not the only place to get knowledge about a city as you can also get it from a museum. At the museums, you get to see sculptures and learn more about the places. There are numerous museums in Stockholm, so deciding on the one to visit might be difficult. If you have adequate time, you can plan to see all of them.
Some of these museums are:
- Vasa Museum: This museum has been in existence for about 30 years, and is a maritime museum. It is home to the only almost fully intact 17th-century ship that has ever been salvaged, the 64-gun warship Vasa that sank on her maiden voyage in 1628.
- Millesgården Museum: It is an outdoor art and sculpture museum with fascinating exhibitions that hold the interest of any foreigner. You will appreciate everything about it when you visit.
Foreigners love to explore the culture and attractions in a new city, and food is a great part of it. Besides, it is almost impossible for a tourist not to taste any of the traditional delicacies before leaving the city.
However, some people love to be prepared and like to know what to expect in terms of food before going to any city. We are going to help highlight some of those fantastic traditional meals for those visiting Stockholm.
Crayfish is one food item that is always almost in all meals, especially stews. We can link this to the fact that there are water bodies in the city.
Raggmunk is almost like the Japnese pancakes but has its unique features. It would be best to try it when in Stockholm.
People will say that you had an incomplete stay in Stockholm if you do not try the Swedish meatballs before leaving. Many people might wonder the difference between it and regular meatballs in other cities, but you would get the difference from the taste. Ensure not to sleep on this while you are in the city.
Traditional Local Restaurants
We would help you highlight those select restaurants in Stockholm that have a speciality in preparing local traditional meals so that you would not miss out on enjoying them while you are in the city. They are:
- Stockholms Gästabud: Everyone loves when they can eat in a place that they can feel comfortable, and this is only possible when the staff are friendly, and you can get it at this restaurant. The menu of this restaurant is always mind-blowing as you cannot run out of options that will please your taste buds.
- Prinsen: They serve exceptional Swedish meals at this restaurant, and the atmosphere is always peaceful for relaxation. There is almost no traditional meal you desire that you cannot get here. If you want professional services from a restaurant, you are sure to get it at this place.
Vegetarian and Vegan
We hear some people question how they would enjoy traditional local meals in Stockholm if they are vegans. It is not an issue to be a vegan as everyone has a choice of eating styles. There are restaurants in Stockholm that are specialized in preparing traditional cuisines for vegetarians.
Some of them are:
- De Herman: Not only would you get traditional meals from this restaurant, but it comes in a buffet style. It is one of the best commended vegan restaurants in the city, especially as the view is perfect and catchy. The best part of it all is that you can get these meals for an affordable price.
- Pepstop: The vegan delicacies served here are always delicious, and you would want to pay a return visit. There are never any complaints when you visit this restaurant.
It is not every time you desire to eat a heavy meal, and street foods are the perfect light food options.
Every city or country has its unique street food options, and Stockholm is not an exception. The best part is that you can purchase them while in transit as it is sold at the stores and kiosks in the city.
By patronizing such businesses, you get to help the locals and also grow their economy.
- Hot dogs: If you love eating hotdogs, you can purchase its Swedish variety by buying the Halv Special. It is a mixture of hotdog and mash potatoes.
- Fried herring: A well-seasoned food of herring fillets, is another street food sold in Stockholm. It is a favorite of the locals and would also warm its way into your heart.
- Kottbullar: Swedish Meatballs that are famous around the world especially the ones you get from Ikea.
Some people are huge lovers of drinks, and their stay in a city is not complete if they have not explored a variety of drink options that the place has to offer.
Stockholm has an array of options when it concerns drinks, covering both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Glögg: It is a combination of different ingredients, and it has both the alcoholic and non-alcoholic type. It is left to you to choose your preference.
- The Swedish punch: It is right for any foreigner to try it out when in the city. Sweet cider is also amongst the options of drinks to get in Stockholm.
You can hang out at the bars and enjoy these drinks either alone in a group. It helps you mix with the locals and have a merry time.
Some people say that it is better to be safe than to be sorry. Thus, people love to know the state and quality of tap water in Stockholm before journeying down there.
We get questions asking if the water is clean or if it is drinkable. People ask this not to make a mistake and drink the water if it is not clean, giving themselves health issues that would lead to complications.
The good news is that Stockholm is a city with an excellent tap-water state, and it is drinkable. Some people argue that it is safer to drink tap water in this city than bottled water. Whatever the case may be, you know that you would have safe drinkable water when in this city.
Most times, people love to eat fresh food that does not undergo any chemical process during preparation. It is a respectable choice in Stockholm, so you will find many organic cafes where you can buy food and drinks. Some of them are:
- Kallpressen AB: Lovers of organic juice should visit this café when in Stockholm. All the juices served here are fresh and natural, giving health benefits and much more. It is a top choice for anyone in the city.
- Omayma Nytorget: One assurance you can get from this restaurant is that there are always varieties irrespective of the time in the day. The food also tastes delicious, and the environment is cozy.
- Stiftelsen Rosendals Trädgård: You can get either organic food or drinks from this restaurant. It is an excellent place to visit, and you will not regret it.
It should not be surprising to see foreigners inquiring about the location of breweries in the city or the best brewery and distilleries they can visit. After all, those places are the hubs of drinks in any area, and some people may prefer to purchase from the source.
Drink lovers would always want to find their way to breweries and distilleries in the city. If you are a part of such persons, you should ask a local to direct you as they are in the best place to tell you the best amongst the list in the city.
Stockholm Distillery AB is always worth the visit when in the city as it offers one of the best gins you can get. It also has food options to ensure the comfort of customers.
Fishing and Kayaking are some of the activities you can do when in a new city. It may not seem unconventional, but there is nothing wrong with trying out new things. Stockholm is also one of the best cities for these activities because it has several water bodies, and the locals are professions in it.
As an observant foreigner, you will notice that fishing and kayaking are included in some of the activities people indulge in when they go on tours. If you do not know how to fish or kayak, you can learn from these people.
The locals are always happy to help foreigners learn these activities so that the tourists can say they have learned something by visiting the city. Ensure that you indulge in these activities before leaving.
Yoga and Retreats
Yoga activity has grown over time, and is now famous in many worldwide cities, including Stockholm. Some people might doubt the essence of this activity, but it helps you stretch and assist in flexibility. Some people say that it helps them gain weight in essential places, while others say that it removes pains.
Each person has reasons why they do yoga, and it may be that you are also a part of them. If you wish to be a yogi in Stockholm, here are some of the studios:
- Atmajyoti Yoga: It has excellent facilities to ensure that people learn in a conducive environment, and the teachers know their onions as it concerns yoga.
- Hot Yoga Stockholm: It is a lovely yoga studio in Stockholm and one of the best you can find. You can either practice or learn here.
No one likes to be stranded or face accommodation issues when visiting a new city. If it happens, you already have a spoil to the start of your holiday, and things would not make sense. Thus, we see many foreigners researching different places to stay while in Stockholm.
Some people might feel that it is easy to arrive at a new place, find a hotel, walk into it, and lodge there. However, it goes beyond that as there are many factors to consider.
One thing that bothers some people concerning accommodation is the price as they may be on a budget and plan to stick with it. Others may have certain facilities in mind that their accommodation choice must have, and it also influences their option.
Whatever the case may be, there is an array of accommodation facilities in Stockholm, and you will find one that meets your requirements.
If you do not know, a green hotel has facilities that help in sustainability and protect the environment. The goal of such hotels is to be eco-friendly, and you should patronize them if you want to be an eco-friendly tourist.
Some people might get it mixed up and feel that such hotels would lack adequate facilities, but that is not true. Some Stockholm green hotels are:
- The Sparrow Hotel: Most of the lodging types at this hotel come with free breakfast, a plus to many. The design of this place is top-notch, and it has a bar/restaurant for relaxation.
- Grand Hôtel: This hotel concerns itself with the wellness of its customers, striving to ensure its facilities necessitate comfort. They have friendly staff, and its location is a busy one in the city.
Hostels and Guest Houses
Another reliable lodging option in Stockholm is hostels and guest houses. They might not be as big as a hotel, but it has everything you need for an excellent stay in the city. The price is also low compared to some other options.
Here are some of them:
- City Backpackers Hostel: The atmosphere of this hostel is always excellent as it has an upbeat vibe, and you get to interact with cheerful people. If you have worries about space, know that this hostel is spacious and can accommodate you and your load. It also offers free Wi-Fi services to customers.
- Castanea Old Town Hostel: It is a great place to lodge if you are on a budget, and cleanliness is one of its highlights. The location of this hostel is also strategic, and there are kitchens in the rooms.
Lodging in an apartment is also one of the accommodation options in Stockholm. It is almost similar to staying in your home as there are no much differences, and all the amenities are in place.
Staying at an apartment in a new city will not be suitable for those on a budget as it is expensive compared to other options. However, your comfort is assured, and you will get soothing calmness.
Some apartments are usually serviced, meaning you do not need to worry about things like cleaning. All you need to do is stay there and have a lovely time.
There are many lodging apartments in Stockholm, and you can research, pick the one you prefer, and make a booking before you arrive in the city. It helps to eliminate stress the day you arrive.
If you want to experience a city like a local, one of your best options is through Couchsurfing. The idea here is for you to stay in the house of one of the locals while in the city.
Everything that has an advantage also has a disadvantage, and we have to tell you that it might not be comfortable, especially if you cannot speak the local language. You might experience communication issues while in the house of your host, and it brings discomfort. If you can, you should learn bits of the local language before you arrive in the city.
There is a Couchsurfing website in Stockholm where willing locals register as hosts, and foreigners can check to pick one. It is usually an exciting experience, and you should go for it if you desire.
We know that some people are lovers of outdoor, and they do not mind spending some days in a place where they can appreciate nature. This is where the idea of camping comes to play.
At some campgrounds, there are sleeping facilities. At others, you need to pitch a tent for sleeping. Whatever the case might be, you have the assurance that you would have fun, which would be an exciting experience.
Here are some camping grounds in Stockholm:
- Oxnö Övre Camping: It is an excellent place close to the water, so you can include swimming as part of the activities to do while you are there. It promises much to campers.
- Mista Camping Caravan Club: You will have a peaceful and quiet time at this place and can network with people of diverse classes.
How to Get There
The question some people want to know is how they can get to Stockholm from their various cities. We know that there are many means of transportation, but not all are available in different locations.
One of the best means of movement that you can get to Stockholm is to travel by air. Even if your city does not have a direct flight there, you can go to a city with one or get a connecting flight.
Traveling by air is a fast means of transportation, and we know some people do not like long journeys which happen when you use the road.
If you want Stockholm to be your holiday city, you can start checking for flights, and we would highlight some other means of transportation.
You can travel by air to reach Stockholm, and there are four airports in the city. It eliminates traffic worries at the airport or flights as different international flights are flying to and fro the various airports.
You can get a flight from the USA directly to Stockholm. Those who cannot get a direct flight from their area, will fly to another city and get on a connecting flight.
The largest and busiest airport in Stockholm is the Arlanda airport, and they are many means of transportation from there to the city center. You can either use a train, bus, or taxi.
Other airports are Bromma, Västerås, and Skavsta airport.
If you are a fan of road trips, we know that you may want to use a bus when traveling to a new city. Some people love to see the views while journeying and take note of landmarks.
If Stockholm is your choice vacation city, you can use a bus down there, but it depends on your location. If you are within Sweden, you can get a bus with ease from any of the cities down there. These buses are in abundance, and you do not need to bother about making ahead bookings or missing the bus.
However, it is not that easy to get a bus down to Stockholm if you are entering from another country. Typically, people would use a flight to any of the nearest airports and get a bus from there to the heart of the city.
There are train stations in Stockholm, but they do not operate international routes. If one is to award the slowest means of transportation, the train will get the reward. Many people do not fancy when the journey is long, and this is what happens when you use a train between countries.
Since people do not want to be irritated while on a journey at it would spoil their mood, they use flights to any of the city airports and then get on a train from there to the city center. It is almost similar to the bus situation.
Foreigners who do not have trains in the cities love to get on trains when they see one, and Stockholm provides this opportunity. It can be fun sometimes.
We cannot say that hitchhiking is always possible in Stockholm, but it is doable. Hitchhiking is a concept where people decide to get randomly stop vehicles hooping for a ride. The reason why most people do this is that they are trying to cut costs.
Some drivers may be kind to pick you and take you to your destination if it is on their route. However, not everyone is usually pleasant. Some drivers refuse to pick hitchhikers and would want you to pay the fare.
Stockholm is one of the safest cities worldwide, so hitchhiking is safe in the city. The only issue you would encounter is hostile drivers. Thus, you might stay on the road for a long time before seeing someone who agrees to carry you.
Yes, there are many means of transportation, but not all are feasible for traveling to Stockholm. Thus, it will be best to stick to the ones we have highlighted above.
From everything, you would notice that the best way to reach Stockholm is by air.
If you have clarified how to get to Stockholm from your destination, the next ideal thing is to know how to move around in the city.
Understandably, you would not always be at one location, but you would experience difficulty if you do not know the means of transportation to board that can get you from one place to the other.
There are have in-city means of transportation in Stockholm, and locals are always ready to give you tips on which you should use and the one to avoid.
The worst mistake you can make is to think that what works in your city is the same that would be available in Stockholm as no two cities are the same. There might be similarities, but the differences are usually in place.
We often hear people say that they wish to take a stroll to relax and calm the mind. However, you cannot do this in every city for different reasons. It is either they have a challenging and complicated road network that is not easy for foreigners to navigate, or there is road traffic, which leads to the release of fumes and pollutes the air, making it unsuitable for walking around. It could also be due to insecurity.
Stockholm is free of all these reasons, so foreigners can walk around and enjoy the city’s excellent sites. There are also landmarks around that would ease the location of places for you. We advise that you take your camera along while going for a walk.
Another means of moving around in Stockholm is by using a bicycle. If you love this, do not stress your head thinking of where you would get a bicycle as a foreigner as there are many rental companies in the city.
You can use a bicycle to get around for fun, and you can also enter into a cycling contest ad there are many cycling opportunities in the city. High commendations are given to the Stockholm road network, which makes cycling possible and less hazardous.
It is right not to forget your safety precautions when using a bike, so you get a helmet and shin guard if possible when renting your bicycle.
The driving system in Stockholm is easy to navigate, so you should not fear as it is safe to use a bicycle on the road.
There is a slow increase in the availability of electric vehicles in Stockholm. We cannot ascertain if they are available for movement yet, especially as a public means of moving around in the city. However, you can see some of them around the city, mostly private-owned.
Many cities worldwide are shifting towards the idea of electric vehicles, especially as there are eco-friendly. We shall see how it unfolds in years.
Electric vehicles are not limited to cars alone as you can also use a scooter, and you can use it as a means of moving around in Stockholm. Users should only use a scooter on the bicycle lanes, and the speed should not be above 20km/hr else you would contend with the law.
The best way of moving around in Stockholm is by using the public bus. It is most times free, but you need to get the ticket before you can get on board.
If you have never had an underground bus expensive, you can get it in this city. There are many ticket booths in Stockholm, so getting a ticket is not stressful, and the buses are also in abundance, so you will not be kept waiting.
Tram, Train and Subway
There are currently about 100 stations in use in Stockholm, both on the ground and underground. It is one of the perfect means of moving around that you get in the city, and also helps to eliminate the idea of traffic.
It is commendable when there are different means of transportation in any city as traffic is not something that any foreigner wants to get experience.
You should add this to your options when in Stockholm.
If you practice sustainable shopping, it means you wish to buy those items that are eco-friendly or want to patronize local businesses in your holiday city. It is commendable, and something that everyone foreigner should do.
Some sustainable shops in Stockholm are:
- Adisgladis: It is a clothing store, and you would love what you see. Do not have doubts about purchasing anyone you like.
- Ekovaruhuset: It is also another sustainable clothing store, and they have an array of options for customers.
Do you love food? Here are some of the food markets in Stockholm:
- Gamla Stans Fisk: It is a sea-food market, and this is not surprising as there are many water bodies in the city. The prices of the items sold are always worth it, and you have an array of options to choose from always.
- Östermalms Saluhall: One highlight of this market is that it has beautiful architecture. You can get different food items here, but the prices are not always favorable.
Here are some flea markets in Stockholm:
- Bondens egen marknad Södermalm: It is a farmers market in the city, and usually busy on Saturdays when most traders come out to shade. It is also more affordable to buy things here on Saturdays than on other days. You are always assured of fresh organic products here.
- Hornstulls marknad: There is a lot you can get from this market, so you cannot afford to miss visiting it when you are in Stockholm.
Second Hand Stores
Some people do not like the idea of buying from second-hand stores because they feel the quality is low. This ideology is false as it does not apply to all second-hand stores.
Here are some second-hand stores to check out in Stockholm:
- Retro etc.: It has an array of items, including furniture and dishes. They are of perfect quality, and you will be convinced when you see them. Visit this store when you are in Stockholm.
- Nu & Då Secondhand: It has a fantastic selection of items that you would love.
Sustainability includes different sectors, including fashion. Some clothing items are made from materials that help protect the environment.
We know that this might be shocking to many, but it should not be. Some countries have not adopted this idea concerning clothing, but it happens in Stockholm, and you should patronize the business if you want to be an eco-friendly traveler. It may seem like a little action, but it goes a long way.
Stockholm is a city that is high on recycling, and this applies to many cities in Sweden. They strive to convert trash to energy so that heating can be provided to households.
To encourage people to always recycle their trash, there is a can and bottle deposit system. The idea is to give money to whoever puts in their cans and bottles.
This method has been useful as locals are always eager to do it.
The goal is to ensure that the city is clean always, so they have an effective waste management system. If you want to be a responsible traveler, you should not litter when you are in this city as it may cause you embarrassment.
Appropriate waste management ensures good health, and this is something that most locals in Stockholm enjoy. It is encouraged that every city should emulate and put in a proper waste management system.
Work and Study Abroad
Some students are on the lookout for a city where they can work and study abroad. If this is your choice, Stockholm is the right place for you to school as it offers this opportunity.
If you are a full-time international student, you are allowed to work up to 40 works a week to also balance your studies. After all, there should always be a bridge between both areas.
If you wish to enjoy the terrain of Sweden for a while, you can apply to be an exchange student at any of its universities. One of such universities that accept exchange students is Stockholm University, and it is not for more than two semesters.
It is always a pleasant experience, and the application process is not tedious. It is best to waste no time in visiting their website to get more information.
Being an au pair in Stockholm entails getting or being attached to a family and working for them. The family becomes your host, and they can provide accommodation for you. It is an excellent way of getting a job in the city.
Before anyone becomes an au pair in Stockholm, you must have a valid passport to avoid complications, as identity verification is always vital. You must also show interest in the Swedish language as it helps to remove the language barrier.
Some people visit new cities because they want to become volunteers. Different people have various reasons why they want to be a volunteer, and what is essential is that there are volunteering opportunities in their chosen city.
If you decide you want to be a volunteer in Stockholm, you would have no issue as there are many volunteering options to choose from at any time. What matters is that you would be efficient at it.