Eco-friendly travel guide to Trondheim advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Trondheim, Norway.
- Air quality: 4 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 4 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 4/ 5
- Public transportation: 4.5 / 5
- Parks: 4.5 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 4 / 5
- Safety: 3.5 / 5
- Accommodation: US$50 - $400
- Budget per day: US$80 - $450
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
If you are planning to go on a holiday to Norway, one of the places you must not miss is Trondheim. This small city lies between the Arctic Circle and the Southern Ocean in Norway. It is a beautiful location and home to many famous attractions and historic buildings and monuments. With such a long history, it would surely be the ideal destination for a romantic getaway with your loved ones.
- Try to use public transport in Trondheim if you are planning on visiting this city soon. This way you will be able to enjoy all the facilities and benefits that a well-known city has to offer. you will be able to reach all the places easily. You will also enjoy the comfort of driving as opposed to taking a taxi which is time-consuming and inconvenient.
- Make sure that you do not leave the car on the roadside. In Norway, there is a law that requires car owners to leave their cars outside their homes during winter. You need to ensure that you do not leave your car on the roadside during winter as the weather might get so bad that it could lead to problems such as leaking engines, water damage, etc.
- The best way to get around Trondheim is by car. The best part about this is that the locals are so kind and friendly. You can always find someone willing to help you out if you get stuck while exploring the town. You can even get an inexpensive car rental here.
- There are many beggars in the city of Trondheim, who are very friendly and would be very willing to accept your help by giving you some money on the street corners. You can also bring them some food or water from your place so they can use them instead of begging.
Air Quality and Pollution
The air quality and pollution in Trondheim have improved greatly over the last few years. A lot of people are now living in the area and are starting to notice a change in their air quality. It used to be that you would only hear about pollution when you went out shopping or to the supermarket.
There are two main sources of pollution in the air. They are from factories and farms that exist in the area and also from vehicles. The main cause of pollution in the area is the use of coal as a fuel for both the city's transport and agriculture. As a result, air pollution in the area is not as clean as it could be.
Some of the main causes of pollution are the increase in vehicle pollution as well as industrial emissions. Both of these things are the result of poor management. These problems can also be caused by the lack of proper planning and maintenance of buildings and industries. People tend to ignore these issues until something bad happens and this results in a major disaster.
- Air pollution level – Good
- Air Quality Index – 12 US AQI
Respect the Culture
If you are looking for some culture and history in Trondheim, you can always take advantage of its museums and galleries. There are many popular attractions like the Old Town Hall, the National Maritime Museum, the Royal Palace, the Old Castle, and the Viking Hall. All these places are open to the public all year round. You can also do a little research on some of the old Norwegian legends and stories that still fascinate many people today.
The people in Trondheim live in different types of houses. Some are small apartments, some have big houses and there are even villas that are built in the mountains. However, the people who live here mainly live in rented houses, because they do not like living in rented houses. Some of them choose to live in houses that are located next to the sea and they also build their villas and houses.
If you want to get a little bit more serious about your culture in Trondheim, Norway, then you might want to read some books or watch a video about the people of this great area. While it is true that some problems need to be solved in the lives of many native people, you will find that most of them do not care. They enjoy their culture just the way it is. That is why they want to make sure that people have a chance to experience what they have to offer.
You might also want to pay a visit to the Norwegian parliament building in Trondheim. This is a historic building that was built in the 1700s. It is one of the best-kept buildings in the country, and it still holds a lot of historical significance for the people who live there. The parliament is used to hosting important events, so you will want to visit it at least once in your lifetime.
No matter what the culture of Trondheim, Norway, you will discover that everyone is very polite and respectful. When you are there, you should feel like you are a part of the whole community and you can share anything with your neighbors. It is very important that you learn how to appreciate the differences between native and non native people. If you can find this out early on, then you will never have a problem with respect.
Top 10 Places to Visit
- Nidaros Cathedral: Nidaros Cathedral in Trondheim is one of the most beautiful cathedrals in Norway. Nidaros Cathedral is a magnificent cathedral of the Catholic Church based in the city of Trondheim in Norway's northern region. It is originally built over the ancient burial ground of King Olav I, who was the founder of the country and who was known as the patron Saint of Norway. Nidaros is a major center for Christian activities and is considered to be the main place for the Catholic worship of the country. There are also several other activities going on in Nidaros like religious ceremonies, weddings, etc. It is therefore quite common for tourists to visit these beautiful cathedrals and churches while on their travels to the Norwegian mainland.
- Old town bridge: Located in the municipality of Trondheim, Norway, Old Town Bridge is located on the north side of the river Oldenborg, just above the Old Port, which is one of the main ports of Norway.
- Kristiansten Fortress: Kristiansten Fortress in Trondheim is a castle which stands on a high point above the village of Skien. It is situated on the hill west of the town of Trondheim, in Trøndelag County, Norway, called after Christian VI of Denmark-Norway (who was also the King of Norway at that time). It was completed in 1680 to protect the town from attack by the neighboring kingdom of Norway from the East. Today, it is open to visitors and is often considered to be an attractive tourist spot for tourists to visit the country. There are many things you can do within this medieval fortress, most of which take about half an hour to an hour and some of them may take more than an hour. If you are looking for a good night's sleep during your trip, you should go ahead with these activities, but if you are looking for an activity that can occupy your entire evening and give you enough time to enjoy the sights and sounds of Norway then you should start looking around the area.
- Elgsethytta: The Elgsethyttyrkirja Church has been decorated with the statues and sculptures of historical figures like St. Nicholas, St. Anne, St. Barnabas, etc. This church is considered one of the oldest churches in the world. Today, tourists can see the intricate carvings and mosaics on the wall inside the church. The main hall of the church, which is dedicated to St. Barnabas is decorated with mosaic sculptures.
- Elgsethyttyrkirja Museum: The Elgsethyttyrkirja Museum has a fascinating collection of coins, glassware and artifacts from the time of Vikings. These artifacts have been collected by the Norwegian authorities. Today, the museum is open to the public. The museum also features an array of souvenirs and memorabilia of different historical events such as the settlement in the area.
- Trondheim harbor: It is one of the largest harbor areas and has a lot to offer travelers who want to visit this place during their vacation or holiday. This place is also known as Stockholm Harbour due to its large size. This harbor is known to be a great place for fishing, sailing, and other water sports such as kayaking, windsurfing, and snorkeling. Its port is also an ideal place for those who wish to do shopping.
- Vitensenteret I Trondheim: Vitensenteret I Trondheim in Norway is an archaeological institute that houses some important archaeological discoveries dating back to Neolithic and Mesolithic times. It has been a source of much excitement for historians and archeologists over the past two decades since its inception. It is a university institution that also researches archeology as well as anthropology. The institute is a part of the University of Stavanger. The facility was founded in 2020 by Aydin Gokmen and Ingolf Kivlehoven.
- Munkholm Trondheim: Munkholmen Trondheim is a small islet off the isle of Munkholmen in the municipality of Trongdalsfjorden in Trøndelsag county, Norway. The small islet sits about 1.5 kilometers south of the island of Bratenor and the northern end of the narrow mouth of the Neddfjord in the middle of the town of Trondahl.
- Rockhiem: Rockheim in Trondheim has its architecture and its unique way of life. Here, you can see different types of people from the various races of Norway, as well as from various parts of the world. Most people in Rockheim in Trondheim come from the Norwegian countryside, but there are also people from all over the world who have come here to settle down. This means that the number of people here is constantly on the increase.
Trondheim is one of the most beautiful place to visit and explore in Norway. With its many attractions and history, this city can be explored in several ways.
- Ringve Botanical Garden: If you visit the Ringve Botanical Garden in Trondheim you will be instantly drawn to the amazing scenery and beautiful flowers. This park is located in Norway and is an ideal place to take in the beauty of Trondheim. With this park as your backdrop, it is a must-visit for anyone who lives or works in Trondheim
- Rosenborg Park Norway: Rosenborg Park Norway has been home to many beautiful scenes in the past. The beautiful nature of this area is very special and with a beautiful place as the base, there are plenty of stunning views for any visitor. This is a great location for those who love the outdoors and want to stay in an area where there is plenty of opportunities to do so. It is also situated near a wide range of activities such as golf, skiing, fishing and snowboarding. This makes it a perfect base for anybody who wants to get out into the great outdoors.
- Stiftsgarden: Stiftsgarden in Trondheim is one of the very few gardens in Norway that is open to visitors. It has become a popular tourist destination in Norway and one of the best gardens that one can visit in Norway. This is one of the most beautiful and impressive gardens that anyone could ever want in their lifetime. The landscape of this garden is one that can be described as the real thing. It was once a small farmhouse that has now grown into a well-maintained garden that is perfect for those who like to live in harmony with nature. When one enters the garden, one will find a farmhouse that has been turned into a garden.
There are many national parks in Trondheim. Some of the most notable ones are:
- Lomsdal Visten National Park
- Dovrefjell-Sunndalsfjella National Park
- Femundsmarka National Park
- Gutulia National Park
- Pebble stone: Pebble stone is one of the most popular beaches in the area and offers a variety of great activities for those visiting from all over the world. Most of the activities on the beaches will be available year-round.
- Sandy beach: The sandy beach is located in the municipality of Skien in the municipality of Bergen. It is one of the most popular beaches in Norway. However, it isn't considered a popular tourist spot because it was made as a recreational area for locals and visitors alike. There are plenty of activities and events held at the beach. There are also a golf course and a large park located around the area.
- The Wharves: The Wharves in Trondheim is a beautiful and historic place to explore. You can see many beautiful fjords around the area, as well as the stunning coastline with its beautiful dunes, cliffs and rock walls. This is a tourist spot that is always bustling and full of activities.
- The Tyholt Tower: The Tyholt Tower Trondheim is an interesting and unique tower in Norway that has been constructed in the town of Trondheim. The tower is located at the summit of Tyholt Mountain and it has an observation platform on the top. The tower is 126 meters high and has an observation deck nearby. This tower is made of steel and is located on the highest point of the mountain. It was constructed in 1985 by the Norwegian Radio and Television Corporation (NRK).
- Market Square: Market Square Trondheim is one of the hottest destinations in Norway. It is situated in a beautiful location and offers great nightlife. You can find many places to visit and spend your holidays, from the picturesque surroundings to some of the best shopping in the country. This is also where the famous Trollstigen and Trollhattan are located and it is here you will find one of the largest numbers of people that visit this beautiful city daily.
- Nalivasta: Nalivasta in Trondheim is a family-friendly and cheap skiing resort. Located about sixty kilometers from the Arctic Circle, it is well suited for skiing holidays and snowboarding vacations in Norway. The slopes of Nalivasta are long and steep, but they are made of soft-rocking snow, not hard-packed. The resort has over forty kilometers of ski-only paths, including some challenging sections. There are ski-only lifts and heli-lifts at various places around the resort, which make it easy to access all ski-only slopes.
- Norwegian National Museum: The Norwegian National Museum is a great museum. It showcases artifacts from different civilizations and countries. You can see ancient statues and find out how the people lived during different times. Some exhibits include artifacts and cultural artifacts.
- Archbishop's Palace and Museum Trondheim: The Archbishop's Palace and Museum Trondheim are a great place to visit in Norway. It is located in the heart of the city, close to the castle and the city's harbor. This is a museum that is open for anyone who wishes to spend some time here and experience the history and culture.
- Ringve Museum: Ringve Museum, a music museum inside a barn and manor house, is in Trondheim. It houses an impressive collection of musical instruments that were used in early times. Nearby, there is the Royal Ballet School. Google Maps tells us that the Ringve Museum was constructed in the 1820s, while the Royal Ballet School dates back to 1835.
- National Museum of Decorative Arts: The National Museum of Decorative Arts, Trondheim is a modern art museum, which showcases works of Norwegian artists. It also boasts of its permanent collection and is open to the public at all times of the day. Located in the heart of the city, it's easy to reach the museum. Three major roads in the area lead directly to it. The fastest and most convenient way to get to the museum is by taking the Trondheim metro. From the metro, you can take the tram which takes you from Central Station to the city center and then to the museum. The tram is the only form of public transport that gets you to the museum straight from the central part of the city.
- Jewish Museum Norway: The Jewish Museum Norway is one of many museums that provide a comprehensive overview of the Jewish experience in Norway and the rest of the world. A person can gain a greater understanding of the Jewish people through an experience such as this one. Visiting this museum is one of the best ways to see for oneself.
If you're looking to explore Trondheim, Norway's second-largest city, there are a lot of restaurants to choose from. Whether you want to eat out at one of the many cafes that line the town square or if you want to try out some local delicacies, it's easy to find something you like.
Traditional Local Restaurants
- To Rom og kjokken: If you are looking for some local food, then you should make sure you stop by this restaurant. This restaurant has a lot of different kinds of dishes and a good selection for you to try out.
- Roast Teaterbistro: This restaurant has served some of the best Asian cuisines in the area, and the place is always buzzing with activity. The restaurant is also situated right off of the main street, so you will not have to worry about going through a lot of traffic as you get here!
- Troll restaurant: This restaurant is also a great place for you to find local snacks. When you are here, you will find that there are often a lot of local people that frequent the area as well. This means you will find a lot of different types of foods for you to eat while you are here.
Vegetarian and Vegan
- Olivia Solsiden: It is one of the best vegetarian restaurants in this city and one of the top-rated restaurants in this area as well. This is a restaurant that is located close to the downtown area of the city. This restaurant is also one of the restaurants that have been rated as the top restaurant in this area.
- Persilleriet: It is the top-rated restaurant in this area as well. This is a popular establishment that is known for its tasty food, unique recipes, and extensive wine list. It is also one of the best-rated restaurants in this area.
- Restaurant atelier: A place called atelier is the third most popular restaurant in this area. The restaurant is also one of the top-rated restaurants in this area. There is a very large selection of vegetarian dishes available for you to choose from. It has been rated as the best vegetarian restaurant in this area.
- Rost teaterbistro: It is located in a very popular place in town. It's on top of a busy street, so you'll be able to get there fast. It is a five star rated restaurant. You can take some pictures here to enjoy on your computer.
Famous Street Foods in Norway is a great treat for travelers that are looking to experience the sights, sounds, and smells of Norway. Norway is also known for its amazing food. It is possible to experience all of these things at the same time.
- Potato Lefse
- Norwegian Waffles
- Pickled Herring
- Brown Cheese Ice-cream
- Coffee: Coffee is a very common drink here in Norway. Many people choose to take their morning coffee from cafes.
There are many other drinks available like:
- Solo: The European version of Fanta.
- Aquavit : The favourite alcoholic beverage of Norway.
- Glogg: Mix of red wine and some spices.
There are some different sources for tap water in Trondheim, Norway. Some of these include municipal water treatment plants, public wells and even the underground water system of the city.
By installing a water filtration system, you will be able to have clean, pure and healthy tap water for your home. If you want to know how to get cleaner and healthier drinking water, visit our website today and get in touch with our experts for all of your water needs.
- Cafe Ni Muser: This is a small, cozy cafe in the center of Trondheim City. It doesn't have as much atmosphere as some of the other places mentioned, but it's just the place to go if you're looking for something to do during your lunch break.
- Kafe soil: This is an eco-friendly cafe with good food in Trondheim. It doesn't have a lot of fancy dishes to offer, but the food and service are decent enough to make it worth a visit.
- Dromedar Kaffebar Bakklandet: This Cafe offers good food, but it does offer a bit of an odd menu. It has a bit of an international feel to it.
- Trondhjem Mikrobyggeri: It is a great place to visit when you have to hang out with friends. This is a place where you can mingle and get to know a lot of people. This is a good place to hang out because this is a place where you can drink. If you are looking for a place to drink, you should go to the Trondhjem Mikrobyggeri.
- Austmann Bryggeri: You can find a lot of great things to do at the Austmann Bryggeri. It is located right in the center of the city, and this is one of the best places to go for a drink. You can easily spend an entire day in this bar, so it is easy to see why so many people like to go to this bar every single day.
Trondheim is also a popular destination for skiing and snowboarding enthusiasts. If you enjoy snowboarding, then there is no reason that you will not want to visit Trondheim.
Yoga and Retreats
A yoga retreat is a great way to relax and get away from the stress of everyday life. Even if you do not enjoy practicing yoga, you can still benefit from it, because you will be introduced to a healthier lifestyle. You can also learn new techniques that you did not know about before and see how things can benefit you, as well as those you are learning. to increase your health.
Many yoga retreats in Norway offer a variety of yoga styles. If you do not want to practice yoga in the wild, there are plenty of other activities you can do.
- Trondheim mediatasjon & yoga
- Zenit Yoga AS
- Yogaens Hus AS
The best part about choosing Accommodation in Trondheim city is that you can choose from so many choices. You will be able to choose from any type of accommodation that you are interested in for your trip so you won't have to worry about not having enough room or not being able to afford it.
- Brittania hotel: The Brittania hotel is a beautiful place to stay in. This is a 5-star hotel and has a variety of rooms to choose from. There id also a spa onsite and a pool if that's what you are looking for. When it comes to a guest house in Tromso the Hotel Sunne is an ideal choice.
- Radisson Blu Royal Garden hotel: The Radisson Blu Royal Garden Hotel is an amazing choice of eco-friendly Hotel in Trondheim for you to stay at. This eco-friendly guest house has an excellent view of the town. If you want to relax and feel comfortable then this is the right place for you.
Hostels and Guest Houses
- Singsakar sommerhotell: For those of you who are looking for an eco-friendly guest house in Trondheim, you should also consider staying at the Singsakar sommerhotell. This is a popular hotel in Trondheim and is known for its beauty and architecture. You'll find that it is a very modern and stylish guest house. It has a stunning view of the ocean and is perfect for those looking to relax and unwind.
Staying in apartments is very popular in Trondheim especially if you are in the city for a long time. It is also a more eco friendly accommodation option when compared with staying at a hotel etc. You can reduce your carbon footprint and also have a more relaxed and easy going stay. There are many apartments available according to different budgets so you will not have to worry too much about the expenses.
Couchsurfing is an evolving concept and is very common in the city. You can check out many sites and you can just get in touch with local hosts. This is by far the most eco friendly way of dealing with it.
The campsite in Trondheim city is the ideal location for those looking for a peaceful getaway. This city is surrounded by forests and hills, making it one of the most beautiful places to stay when it comes to camping locations. If you are the type who likes to spend their time alone and feel the outdoors, then you will enjoy this place. You can have your choice of camping sites depending on your preference.
How to Get There
It is very easy to get to Trondheim by plane. You can fly into this area from major cities across the world and it is close to all of the places you may want to visit. The city has an airport that is just around the corner and if you fly into there you will find it to be a great place to visit.
Trondheim Airport has plenty of parking lots so that people can leave their vehicles and stay at the airport. This makes it easier for them to travel to other places that they need to be.
There are many bus stations in the city. Travelling via bus is a more eco friendly way and it reduces your carbon footprint. It also is budget friendly and a safe and easy way of travelling around the city.
The railway network in Norway takes you to various important places. It is recommended that you should take an overnight train from your home country to Norway as this gives you a chance to explore the city. If you do not want to spend too much time traveling on the railway, there are many tour operators in Norway that provide services to the railway station.
Hitchhiking is a very advanced concept in Trondheim. You can ask for lifts and it is not something out of the ordinary. Definitely a very eco friendly way of travelling as well. However, there is always a chance of getting robbed and conned so always make sure you're not taking lift from extremely shady looking people.
The main tourist attractions in Trondheim are located close to the center, so if you want to travel to see the other parts, you can use public transport, such as buses, taxis, or even cars. If you are traveling to see some of the other parts, you can hire a car or take a taxi cab to your destination.
If you prefer to get to the city by car you can find plenty of transportation on the roads. All of the major car hire companies will have options for you to choose from. There are some fantastic options available for anyone looking to get to the area. The city has a very unique look to it because of the snow and it is very easy to see why people like the way this area looks.
The best thing about the walking experience in Trondheim is that it is very affordable. You will see the area and explore it while spending some quality time with your family and friends.
If you're looking for the best way to travel around town, then you should consider a Trondheim to Norway bus journey. There are so many different stops along your journey that you can choose to go for a leisurely, relaxing trip, or you could make it a bit more interesting and exciting by doing some sightseeing.
Tram, Train and Subway
Tram and Train travel in Trondheim offers an opportunity to discover the city and get some much-needed relaxation, which can not be found anywhere else. in this beautiful city. This way you can spend quality time with your family, friends, or share your thoughts and ideas on the fascinating history of the city
The city of Trondheim is situated in Norway's Arctic Circle. Its climate is extremely cold and snowy, but the people who live there make it their number one winter destination. Sustainable shopping in Trondheim is more than just about saving money.
This city is home to some of the best shopping in Norway. The shopping centers are not only about clothes and accessories but are also about many other things. You can get some great bargains from the clothing stores and the shops offer all kinds of items for the whole family.
The food market in Trondheim is well known all around the world, as it has one of the most sought after places in Norway. Several factors have made this location a popular tourist destination and these factors include a wide range of restaurants, cafes, and bars for every taste, rich history of the town, and the availability of excellent cuisine in a variety of foods.
- NM Market
- Buran asia food & video AS
- Bunnpris & Gourmt elgeseter
A flea market in Trondheim, Norway is a place where you can find all kinds of items for your home. There are flea markets in Trondheim that you can choose from such as flea markets in Langesund, Sigmaringen and many more.
- Bryggerkka flea market
- The Vilvin market
- Market in the old town
Second Hand Stores
The retail store in Trondheim city has a lot to offer. It has a big range of items for customers to choose from and the staff are extremely friendly. It has a very modern design with lots of shelves and displays that can be used for any purpose. It also has an office section which is a great place to work for customers who want to speak to the staff or just get some advice about their favorite products.
Eco Fashion in Trondheim City allows you to wear clothing that makes you feel good about yourself and not sacrifice the quality or the environment in any way. Some many different stores and websites sell this type of clothing that can be found on the Internet and if you do a little bit of research you are sure to find a great place to shop for your eco-fashion needs.
Recycling is something that every person should know about and the city of Trondheim is a place where recycling can be easily done. There are many recycling programs that you can sign up for in Trondheim and one of them is a recycling service.
In this recycling center, there are a lot of ways that recyclable items can be processed and they will even accept your old appliances, plastic, wood, glass, and metal.
Waste recycling in Trondheim city offers many benefits for the environment as well. This is the reason why the city government has made it mandatory for businesses to participate in the waste collection process. This also makes it easier for residents to recycle materials. Some areas of the city that have a high number of the population have been recognized as areas of high potential for the recycling process.
Work and Study Abroad
When it comes to choosing the best course to take in Trondheim, you'll have a lot of options to choose from. Many different types of colleges offer different kinds of courses, ranging from different subjects like art, music, business, education, and more. You can find the best learning environment with a variety of different types of colleges that will help you learn about all kinds of things.
Working in Trondheim is a good idea if you are looking to live in an area that has a high standard of education as well as an area that is popular with tourists. It's a wonderful location for those who love architecture, nature, and a high standard of education and work.
A Student Exchange Program is a popular type of study abroad program. It is generally an exchange that offers study materials to the students of a country and in return, the student receives a chance to study and get a feel of that particular country's culture and traditions. Many international student exchange programs are arranged by universities and colleges and these programs provide both the students and the host country a chance to get a good insight into their respective cultures.
- NTNU (Norwegian University of Science and Technology)
If you are looking for an Au Pair in Trondheim City, then you have come to the right place. There are some agencies out there who are willing to give out a variety of different Au Pairs and who can help you find the perfect one.
There are many volunteer organizations in Trondheim City. From helping kids learn about animals to teaching handicapped people to walk again, there are some activities that one can engage in with these organizations.
- Trondheim Red Cross
- Strinda Frivilligsentral