Eco-friendly travel guide to Belfast advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom.
- Air quality: 3.5 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 3.9 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 3.8 / 5
- Public transportation: 3.8 / 5
- Parks: 4 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 3.8 / 5
- Locals' English level: 3.9 / 5
- Safety: 3.8 / 5
- Accommodation: US$1400 - $1500
- Budget per day: US$1000 - $1100
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Eco-friendly travel guide to Belfast advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally-owned hotels, organic restaurants, and other businesses.
Belfast is the largest and capital city in Northern Ireland. This city is world-famous for its well-crafted buildings. Among which the Belfast Obel Tower is the tallest building in Northern Ireland. The view from the top of this building is mesmerizing. One should never miss the chance. Belfast is also known as linenopolis because of its manufacturing of shipbuilding and high rate of production in tobaccos and ropes.
People all over the world are obsessed with the story. There is a number of museums and exhibitions of titanic all over the world. But as Belfast is the birthplace, it holds a lot of importance and attracts tourists from all over the world.
- To be a responsible traveler you should always opt for ways that help the environment. Consider using electric scooters or bicycles to cover the central areas of Belfast.
- The inner city can be traveled by walking. You can plan your trip accordingly so that it can help you to fulfill your duties as a traveler.
- Try to visit local places for food and stay to support the economy of the country. It’s a great way to fulfill your duties as a responsible traveler.
- There are so many green parks which you can visit while staying there. You can enjoy the beauty of nature with fresh air.
- Try to travel through local transport as much as possible to show your support to the locals. Local buses, trams, railways can be the best options.
- Choose green hotels for your stay in Belfast. It will help you and the city to stay pollution-free.
- Try to have your meals in local restaurants. Street foods of Belfast are very famous among travelers. You can try these local street foods as well.
Air Quality and Pollution
The air quality of the city is not so good. There are a few places which are often called the hot spot of elevated pollution. This mainly occurs at the center of the city or on main roads. Harmful gases from the cars affect the environment. . Governments have taken several measures since the problem started and they are appealing to the public for using less fuel-based gadgets, instead use opt for public transports or carpools. The government is constantly trying to understand the concept and managing to control pollution.
The government is constantly working for the betterment of the city. The city is continuously improving day by day. The government has taken the initiative to reduce the amount of usage of such devices causing more pollution. With the help of these, they have managed to control pollution up to a certain level. On the present date, pollution is very much in control.
Respect the Culture
Belfast is best known for its RMS Titanic. The ship was build here. The culture of the city is so dynamic that you need a moment to appreciate it all. There is this annual cultural event called culture night, it’s a public event to appreciate the art and culture of the city. You can plan your trip accordingly so that you can attain this festival there you will be able to see their culture through these fine architecture-crafted buildings.
You can interact with locals during your tour of these places; this will help you to understand the culture of the city. People here are very helpful and understanding. This city has mostly an international population. The English language is ubiquitous here, and you can communicate with the locals freely with the help of this language. The Irish language is their regional language. As English is their first language, it will be easier for you to communicate. It makes the tour even more adorable.
Top 10 Places to Visit
There is no doubt that Belfast is the best city in Northern Ireland and tourists love to visit there. The reason behind this thing is that the city has some beautiful places which are a must-visit. If you want to know their names then just go through the ones which are mentioned below.
- Belfast Castle- This castle is located on the slopes of Cavehill county park and tells the best things about history. If you want to take a journey to the period of 1574, then visit here as soon as possible. It will tell you some nice facts about the period and give you a very thorough knowledge about it.
- Belfast City Hall- You can call it a Taj Mahal of Belfast, which was build during the '90s. It is a lovely tourist attraction and the best time to visit here is during the morning. In the beginning, you may find it boring, but later on, you would understand its true value.
- Belfast Zoo- Believe it or not, but this zoo is indeed wonderful and you would love it to the fullest. It is because here you can get some amazing wild creatures and know a lot of things about them. Visit here and get an opportunity to interact with them by making a nice friendship.
- Saint Anne's Cathedral- It is a holy cathedral where you can go and make a very nice wish for yourself. One day it would be definitely fulfilled, and for this, you will be thankful. Never miss this place because this opportunity might not come again and again.
- W5 science center- You cannot imagine that in this place, there are many scientific experiments. If you want to know about their significance, then come here as soon as possible. People often call it boring, but you have to come here and experience it in full detail. After doing it, you have to decide whether it is a boring place or an interesting one.
- Grand Opera House Belfast- In the evening time if you do not have anything to do then this theatre is the most suitable place. Here you will get some beautiful shows and feel like recommending them to other persons. Just go for it and see something which you might have never seen before.
- Golden Thread Gallery- An art gallery where you would get some prominent paintings and sculptures by famous Irish artists. You might not be a lover of art, but after coming here, you would be fond of it. Make a note of this place and mark it as a very important one in your travel diaries.
- Giant's Ring- It is an archeological site where you can find some ruins and fossils of the early ages. If you can know some knowledge about it, then you would get a certain kind of happiness. Therefore never miss this chance because it comes only once in your lifetime.
- Knockagh Monument- You can refer to this place as a war memorial that is dedicated to all the Irish warriors. After having its tour, you would know some of their famous contributions which had greater importance in those days. In other words, it is a place that was beyond the level of your imagination.
- Ballyrobert Gardens- It is a botanical garden where you can get some beautiful flowers and plants. Take a camera with you and capture their pictures so that they remain your whole life memory. But if you miss it, then you would curse yourself and develop some unnecessary frustrations.
Now when it comes to exploring the city of Belfast, then the above destinations are not enough. You also have to visit other places, like some city parks and museums. They can give you a different level of fun and happiness which you might not have experienced earlier. So in this section of the article, we would know about those places only.
- Northwood Linear Park- The ambiance of this park is calm, and you would feel like getting absorbed in it. So come here during the daytime and get to know the real meaning of nature. People say that it is nothing, but you have to explore it vividly and make your own decision.
- Grove Park- This park is meant for those people who love to go for a long walk. Instead of thinking anything, just visit it and see how wonderfully you have its exposure. Try not to miss it because a place like this is nowhere in Northern Ireland.
- Orangefield Park- You will notice that this park has a lot of open spaces for playing football and cricket. Bring your kids over here and play a game with them. After doing it, you would like to advise it your friends.
- Colin Glen- If you love hiking and trailing activities, then this park is perfect. Rather than having any second thoughts just try it out and see how fascinating is your holiday trip. But remember that without this place, your trip is incomplete and casual
Unfortunately, you would not get any beaches in the city of Belfast. But do not worry because there are nearby provinces where there are a lot of beaches. Visit there, and you would make all your swimming wishes fulfilled very soon.
- Cavehill- It is a hill cum cave located on the outskirts of the city. But nowadays it is regarded as the best landmark from where you can have a nice view of the city. No one misses it because it is the right example of scenic beauty which you get once in your lifetime.
- Ulster Museum- In this museum, you would get to see some finest artifacts of the dinosaurs and mummies. Explore them thoroughly, and you will want to know some interesting stories about them. But if you think that it is a waste of time, then you can miss the most awesome thing on your trip.
- Titanic Belfast- You will see that this place is spread all over the internet and it has a better presence. It is because this place tells you about the things that took place on the ship Titanic. In order to know more, have an exposure to it and discover something very extraordinary.
You will find Irish cuisine in Belfast. You will find a variety of Irish foods here. For breakfast, you will get here soda bread or potato bread with bacon and sausages. You will be able to get these at any restaurant in Belfast. There are plenty of dishes made from bacon and sausages which you can try. Traditional foods are very much in demand. The traditional Irish cuisine is something worth trying if you are visiting Belfast. And if you want to know the culture of this city then you should try these dishes from the local restaurants. These local foods are utterly delicious and will definitely suit your taste buds. Street foods are available in almost every corner of the city with varieties of fast foods. Some highly rated foods by travelers are ulster fry, boxty, Belfast bap, Irish coffee, oyster, etc. It is easily available and costs very little. They maintain good hygiene while preparing these foods. It’s mouth-watering and very delicious. You can always compare and decide according to your preferences. You must try Irish coffee when you are in Belfast.
Traditional Local Restaurants
Irish cuisine is always an attraction for the tourists here. Eating traditional foods in the cities is a must for a traveler. There are so many options to choose from, according to your preference and mood. Your trip is incomplete without these authentic foods of the city. Here are some places where you can try these local flavors.
- Darcy’s Belfast – Darcy’s Belfast is situated in Bradbury. It is popular for a variety of seafood dishes. The portion of the meal is so appropriate that one can share it with the partner. The prices are very affordable. The service quality is excellent. There are different variants of traditional foods including toffee ginger cake and Irish coffee which are also available here. You can choose from the menu according to your taste. They have a good stock of drinks and cocktails. You should definitely try these delicious Irish cuisines from this particular restaurant.
- Molly’s Yard – Molly’s yard is in Botanic eve. This restaurant is famous for its main course and the portion of the dishes. The place is very warm and cozy, casual with upscale food. This place is very popular among travelers and locals. This place is always crowded with locals and travelers. Booking in advance is highly recommended. The staff here is so friendly and the presentation of the food is marvelous. They basically serve traditional Irish food this restaurant is famous for its authentic taste, which will definitely brighten up your day. The portion of the meal is good, and the atmosphere is amiable.
Vegetarian and Vegan
If you are a vegetarian and wondering what and where to eat in the land of seafood. Then no worries, here are few vegan restaurants only for you. Umi Falafel – Umi Falafel is a Lebanese restaurant. It is the most famous restaurant for people who prefer vegetarian food more. It is situated in botanic ave. They have a huge variety of vegetarian food on their menu. Prices are very affordable and pocket-friendly. This restaurant is a great combination of price and quality. The sandwiches and salads are very popular here at reasonable prices.
- Eat street – It is the highest-rated vegan restaurant situated in Lisburn road. They serve all vegan food. The quality and quantity of food are very nice. It is the highest-rated vegan restaurant in Belfast. Belfast is known for its varieties of cheeseburgers, and this restaurant is one of the best restaurants serving cheeseburgers in Belfast. They also have a variety of vegan foods. The presentation is also very eye-catching. They have a very good variety of food that tastes great which attracts more customers including non-vegetarians.
There are varieties of street foods available all over the city. These foods are very cheap and famous among travelers. You should definitely try these foods while you are there. All the street foods of Belfast are basically fast foods are a combination of Irish cuisine. Your trip is incomplete without these foods. Having street foods from the local shops will help you to save your money and it will also support the economy of the country. As the city is very famous for its burgers, kinds of bacon and sausages. You will find these varieties in their local stalls as well here are some famous street foods that you must try.
- Irish coffee
- Belfast Bap
- Ulster fry
Ireland is famous for whiskey and Guinness. You will find mouthwatering choices of drinks here. From beers to wine, whiskey, Irish coffee, Guinness, and soft drinks. There are varieties of soft and hard drinks available in Belfast. Both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. It’s a treat for travelers; the drinks are affordable and easily available in local shops. It is very much in demand due to the friendly prices. The city is very popular for its nonalcoholic drinks as well. Mocktails are very famous among travelers.
Black n black, Guinness, Irish cider, fat fog, whiskey and cranberry, Irish coffee, Smethwick’s, etc are the best-selling drink brand of Belfast. It is easily available in the city from the local shops to the five-star restaurants. It would be a waste if you don’t try it whiles your stay in Belfast. It’s beneficial for eco-friendly travelers to have local foods and drinks from local restaurants because it’s very cheap. Apart from these, local common drinks are also available including coffee, tea, juices, etc.
Tap water is drinkable in Belfast. The source of this water is directly from the Mourne Mountain through the silent valley pipe tunnel. The government has taken the initiative to uplift people to stay saturated. Tap water is highly maintained here and is drinkable Water quality is very fine here in Belfast. The quality of the water is soft as it comes from the mountains. Just to be on the safer side, chlorine is added to the water before it reaches every household.
They have multiple water refill tanks located in different parts of the city. You can refill your bottles here, they are very safe to consume idly. You can carry your own bottles if you want. You can easily fill your bottles from the restaurants or hotels nearby. All the rural and urban areas are well connected with the reservoirs. You will find purifiers in restaurants and pubs here.
- Established coffee – It is situated in Hill street, and it is prevalent for the varieties of coffee cakes, lunch, and brunch. It’s a nice place for coffee lovers. If you are looking for a place to explore the varieties of coffee then this established coffee is the right place for you. The service is outstanding, and the atmosphere is very calm and cozy. The coffee and cakes are their best sellers. You can give it a try. They have varieties of snacks that go well with the different variants of coffee. It’s a good place to chill and you can get rid of your tiredness by having a sip of freshly brewed coffee here.
- Ormeau Road – It is situated on Ormeau road. It is highly rated by the customers for their services and qualities of foods. This café has gluten-free options for its vegan customers. All the foods are handmade with high-quality ingredients from organic products. Their breakfast menu is the best seller. This menu includes vegan sausages, bacon and tofu scrambled. The ambiance is nice and the well-crafted design on the walls will surely grab your attention. This café is dog friendly.
- Bullhouse Brew co - This place serves the best-crafted beer. It has a very good ambiance and aura. The platters are marvelous and the ambiance is so peaceful and relaxed. This place is always filled with the locals. The food is also very good and highly rated by the customers. You are going to fall in love with foods and chilled crafted cold beer. They have varieties of food to satisfy your taste buds. Prices are also affordable. You will find the best quality beers here.
- Knockout Brewery – It is situated in Alanbrooke Road. This place has wide sections of beers to choose from. You can choose this place for casual dining with a group of friends. All the staff here are very skillful, they know how to bring the best out of the best. And the quality of the food and beer is outstanding. This place serves the best Variety of beer menus. It is always crowded or filled with locals and tourists.
- The Woodworkers – A great café on Bradbury pl. You can never go wrong with this café while ordering anything from this place. The vegan platter is very popular. This place serves freshly made beers though the foods and beers are a bit expensive as compare to the other places but worth it. The steak with mashed potatoes is their best seller. This place serves the best beer and steak in Belfast.
- Harp Bar – This place is famous for its quality foods and services. The interiors of this place are very attractive. You will get a nice view of the cathedral court from this café. This café allows music artists to perform. With live music and a cozy atmosphere, this place will surely lift your mood. They have their own beers which are quite popular amongst the locals and tourists. If you want to have a simple meal with beer on the side then this the best affordable place to dine out. This place comes with limited choices of beers but the taste is good. Add harp bar to your bucket list, whenever you are visiting Belfast.
There are more than a hundred places to visit in Belfast. This city is very famous for its historic culture. If you want to have a 360-degree view of the city then you should visit the Victoria square dome. There is a number of museums and national parks which you should visit while staying in Belfast Make a visit to the botanical garden here to have a beautiful look at Mother Nature and to witness some rare exotic tree species. Some places like queen’s university, the ice arena, Kingspan Stadium, c.s levis square, sir Thomas and lady Dixon park, etc are some of the most visited places by travelers every year. Apart from these places, there are many outdoor and indoor activities, which can be considered as an option. There are so many things to do in Belfast. You can go for a hike uphill or take a tour of the city by bike. You should definitely try indoor skydiving in Belfast; it’s very thrilling and exciting. There are so many options available for travelers. You can play outdoor games; can spend me-time at lady Dixon park. You can also attain yoga classes or any other learning courses. It will help you to build a great memory and will give you a chance to know more about the culture of the city.
Yoga and Retreats
As you are on the constant move, your mind and body need relaxation too. Taking care of your body and skin is very important even if you are traveling. There are several yoga centers in Belfast that can help you to restore your power. After a few sessions, you will feel more relaxed and strengthened. Most of the yoga centers have this cool ambiance filled with fresh forest air, which will help you calm your senses at once. Some of them have these 3 days yoga sessions especially for travelers which you can give a try. You can choose the best yoga center for the sessions according to your preference through digital platforms. These centers have an option for online classes via zoom, which can be considered if you cannot attain the classes.
The accommodation structure of the city is very fascinating. Whether you want to live in rural or urban areas, you will find a variety of options here. From hotels, motels, luxury suites to apartments and guesthouses, the city is blessed with all the facilities. You will find free wifi and parking in almost every hotel, motel, or apartment. And it is well connected with all the restaurants and other facilities. Accommodation is the very first thing a traveler looks for. You need a place to keep your belongings while you are exploring the places. There is a number of travelers who visit Belfast every year. In the past few years, the number of visitors has increased tremendously. Either you want to live in the middle of the city or in a rural area; you will find a variety of options here. You can take help of the internet or daily newspaper to find suitable accommodation for yourself.
There are plenty of options for green hotels in Belfast. As an eco-friendly traveler, you should always look for green hotels to stay. These green hotels are very much similar to regular hotels. These hotels help a lot to heal the environment as compared to regular hotels. Being an eco-friendly traveler, you should always opt for green hotels. These hotels will provide you all the facilities just like any other hotel. These are an eco-friendly hotel which helps to lessen the collision on the environment. Here are some famous Green hotels in the city which you can try.
- The Fitzwilliam Hotel
- Jurry’s inn Belfast
- House hotel Belfast
Hostels and Guest Houses
There are plenty of hostels and guesthouses in Belfast. You will get so many options to choose from. If you are planning to stay longer than usual then you can go for these options. It will allow you to save your money. Hostels or guesthouses will be the perfect option for you. A guest house nearest to your desired location will be the best. It will cost you less as compared to the regular hotels and motels There is a number of guest houses available here.
- The Greygory
- 9 Kingscourt house
- Citi north
- Maranatha House
If you are a student or a business person and you are planning to stay in Belfast for a very long period of time then renting an apartment will be the best option for you. It is suitable for travelers who are planning to stay in Belfast for more than a month. You can leave your worries regarding shifting your furniture etc till you get comfortable with the new environment. You can get fully furnished apartments here in the city. You can search for online options to choose a perfect apartment for yourself. Here is the list of top-rated apartments in Belfast.
- Wellington park Boutique Apartment
- Rooftop apartment
- Camden apartment Belfast
- Eglanetine Lodge
- Titanic view luxury apartment
If you want to explore the city like the locals, then couch surfing can be a perfect option. If you are short of money or want to save some then couch surfing can be considered. Belfast is very famous for providing its travelers the opportunity to relax and take a break from city life. You can always relax a bit when your work for the day is done. They have multiple options for outdoor activities. For couch surfing, you might find a few. You can always look up the internet for the best options available at the moment. It will allow you to explore more local places at once and it will give you the opportunity to learn their local language as well. If you love to socialize a lot and meeting new people is like a passion for you then couch surfing is can be considered.
Belfast is a vibrant city. Spectacular mountains, small villages cliff top views and so much more to explore in this city or you can say it’s a perfect place for camping. Dundoland touring Caravan Park or lough shore Caravan Park are the sites for camping. You will find locals of the city spending their weekends here a lot. If you are an adventure seeker then you should definitely try these caravan parks for camping in Belfast. Being an eco-friendly traveler, it will be a great opportunity for you to be a part of such camps. If you are staying there for a night then this will be the best experience one can collect from this city. Here are few camping sites in Belfast you can visit.
- Dundoland Touring Caravan Park
- Loughshore Caravan Park
- National Trust - Minnowburn
How to Get There
Belfast is well connected to all the transport facilities. If you are traveling from other cities of Northern Ireland, then you will get multiple options from airways, public transport to private cars. As an eco-friendly traveler, you should opt for chargeable cars to avoid pollution to cover minimal distances. And if you are someone traveling from other countries then go for the airways as it is the best and fastest way to reach Belfast. Taxis, buses, cars, trains are some other modes of transport here.
Traveling through airways is always very comfortable and fast. This will help you save your time and utilize them on other exciting things. Belfast International Airport is the nearest airport to the city. Regarding the prices of the tickets, it can differ depending on the airline you are boarding on. You can always compare and choose according to your preferences. Choosing to travel through airways can be expensive but worth spending because it is fast and comfortable.
The transport network in Belfast is very wide and tangled. Opting for public transport while traveling inside the city is the best you can do to justify your duty as an eco-friendly traveler. Buses here are well connected with long or short distances. There is a ticket vending machine at every stop. You can pay through cash or card. Traveling by bus can be a bit tiring but it will cost you less as compared to the other modes of travel.
Belfast has a wide network of railways. It covers almost all the cities of Northern Ireland. It is the busiest mode of transport, especially for travelers. Well, connected train routes are available, connecting other cities of Ireland. Traveling through trains can be faster as compared to the buses. It can be pocket-friendly as well. It is faster and cheaper which will allow you to save time.
Belfast is the biggest city in Northern Ireland. Hitchhiking is the modern way of traveling now a day. If you are traveling from another part of the city then Hitchhiking can be an option. It is very famous among travelers. It will cost you nothing (depending on the situation). It is a bit time-consuming as you never know when you will get your next ride until you reach it. It is very helpful for the traveler in saving money.
Apart from airways, trains, buses, and hitchhiking there are several other modes of traveling available in the city. Inside of the city can be explored better if you are walking through the paths. For everything else, you can rent a car or bike. Even a bicycle can be an option. To protect the environment from pollution it can be the best solution for an eco-friendly traveler like you. Riding a bicycle is beneficial for your health as well.
If you are planning to stay in Belfast for a concise period of time, then you need to know different ways of traveling so that you can utilize your time wisely. You need to become a smart traveler when you have a very short amount of time in your hand and so much to explore. Opt for bicycles, cars, trains, buses, etc.
The inner part of the city is best to explore while walking. There are so many things that need your attention which can only be possible if you are walking. Sitting in a bus or car will never allow you to know the depth of the city. Exploring the city by walking will allow you to know the culture of the city. It will help you to understand the lifestyle of the locals and how they live.
Cycling has evolved a lot in the past few decades. Whether it’s locals or tourists, they prefer cycling a lot more than any other vehicle. So, renting a bicycle can be very helpful. It is pollution-free and good for your health. It can cover all the local areas at once. The rental bikes come with a GPS tracker and electric brakes which can help you to explore more places, which is not mentioned in your travel guide
Electronic cars are very popular with travelers. Most of the people choose electric cars for traveling because it is very eco friendly and cheaper. You can easily rent an electronic vehicle in Belfast. They have charging stations available all over the city which makes the journey even smoother. You need to be very patient with these electronic cars as they can be very slow as compare to fuel-based cars.
Belfast has a wide network of buses. You can buy tickets for a week or month directly from the post office. Public transports are always best for travelers. It can cover the whole city and the outer areas as well. There are tourist buses for the tourists that cover all the travel spots or sight scenes. It allows you to save a lot of money.
Tram, Train and Subway
Belfast is blessed with all the networks of transport including railways, airways, seaways, and trams. For a traveler who is also an adventure lover, it is very hard to resist the charm of traveling through a train or tram. Traveling doesn’t always mean just exploring new places; it’s about making good memories while you are exploring new places. One can never beat the charm of a train or tram when it compares to traveling.
Victoria square or castle court shopping center is the most popular place for shopping. And shopping is a must when you are traveling to a different city. You need to collect things which are popular. In Belfast, there are plenty of local shops where you can buy stuff. You can buy kinds of things for yourself and for your loved ones from these shops. And if you are looking for any particular stuff then you can go for the online options as well to buy the right thing for yourself.
Food markets are the places where you will find the local food trends of the city. It is the easiest way to find about the culture of the city. St George’s market is world-famous for its Irish cuisine, street foods, and art. It has won awards for it. You can easily get traditional foods here. There are so many ethnic shops and restaurants. This food market is very massive. You will get here all types of seafood, from traditional foods to international foods.
Flea markets in the city are the biggest attraction for tourists. St George’s flea market, Doc flea market, Belfast flea market are some of the most crowded flea markets in Belfast. It is filled with antique goods and artworks. These markets sell second-hand goods at a very reasonable price. Being an eco-friendly traveler you should visit these markets.
Second Hand Stores
Young savage, the vintage magpie, etc are some famous thrift stores in Belfast. Travelers are very fond of these second-hand stores nowadays. When you are traveling, you are spending your money continuously every now and then. Buying clothes from these stores will help you to save a lot.
Fashion brands, nowadays are making sustainable clothes in Belfast. It’s very much in demand. People are opting for this culture happily. The concept of eco-fashion is to promote recyclable cloths made from organic products. Recyclable fabrics, plant-based dyes, organic cotton, etc. The crops which are used while making such cloths can be regrown.
A big city always has its pros and cons. Pollution is something which comes in handy in city life. As a tourist, you can do your bit to contribute to the environment by recycling goods. There are plenty of shops in Belfast, offering such products. You can buy it once and use it multiple times. Waste
The biggest problem with the city is the pollution caused by vehicles. The environment of Belfast is highly polluted because of these chemicals discharged from these vehicles. The government has taken several measures to control pollution. There are several guidelines for the locals of the city to follow in order to get the maximum result.
Work and Study Abroad
People dream of studying and working in Belfast. The public places, restaurants, museums, parks, etc are well maintained. The city provides the lowest rent from students. These factors attract people around the world to be a part of this city. As the cost of living here is very affordable and once you start studying here you will get familiar with the culture and language. This will help you to grow more. It will be easier for you to get a job here as the unemployment rate here is very low.
The exchange student is very common in Northern Ireland now. They offer scholarships to their best students. The University of Belfast welcomes exchange students from all corners of the world. To get admission to Belfast University, your home university should nominate your name first.
Au pair is very common in Belfast culture. If you are new to the city, you can take the help of au pair to survive in the city. In exchange for the household services the owner provides you a room to live in and food to eat and grants you some pocket money for personal use as well.
Do you want to make your favorite holiday destination to be more cleaned and healthier? Try Volunteering. Volunteering can be the best way to show your love for the city. You can volunteer for cleaning or medical bits of help.