Eco-friendly travel guide to Brunei advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to travel in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Brunei, Asia.
- Air quality: 2.5 / 5
- Bus connections: 3.0 / 5
- Train connections: 3.0 / 5
- Hitchhiking: 3.0 / 5
- National parks: 3.5 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 3.5 / 5
- Locals' English level: 3.5 / 5
- Safety: 3.0 / 5
- Accommodation: US$40 - $150
- Budget per day: US$60 - $200
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 Regions
- 11 Cities
- 12 Getting There and Moving Around
- 13 Sustainable Shopping
- 14 Recycling
- 15 Work and Study Abroad
- 16 See Also
Tourism is an ever-flourishing sector that is greatly loved and enjoyed by most people worldwide. No matter where you reside, even a short vacation outside your local surroundings can impact your life. As such, large groups of tourists travel to different parts of the world to enjoy the aesthetic scenery and beauty of the place and connect with its culture on a much deeper level.
However, every tourist must know that traveling to a different place has quite a lot to do other than visiting famous landmarks and taking away souvenirs while heading home. Tourists need to abide by the rules and customs they call unknowingly to offend the city's local citizens. It is crucial for us travelers and tourists to ensure that we give back to the place we are visiting as much as we are taking away from it, be it in memory or by a significant artifact.
There are many ways in which tourists can give back to the new city they are visiting so that the soul of tourism remains intact, and each one of us, be it the locals or the tourists, are content with happiness and joy. Here are some practical measures and ways you can implement in your traveling regime while visiting Brunei if you are willing to travel responsibly.
- Although it is somewhat late in the day, Brunei in transit forward offers contamination-free, safe, and quick metro-railroads benefits that movement under the ground and on a superficial level. This could be the best type of transport in light for different reasons. They are reasonable, and they are swift and proficient. They are additionally protected, and even single ladies travelers visiting this city can utilize this asset.
- Riding bikes is additionally an extraordinary method to move around in this city. Even though traffic is a worry, there are bike paths in numerous zones and utilized. There are multiple shops and little sources that offer bikes on a recruit, and you should use them.
- Utilize public vehicles: We should remember that a public assistance transport will have the option to oblige multiple times more number of travelers when contrasted with a 25 to 30 odd individual vehicles. The general vehicle framework is a mutually beneficial arrangement both for the city and for travelers. It is a more secure method of transport and is less contaminating than taxicabs and private vehicles. It likewise prompts lesser traffic on the streets. There is no uncertainty that Brunei has perhaps the most evolved, productive, and modest street transport administrations, and you should utilize the equivalent. It additionally will imply that you are strolling the discussion as a mindful voyager.
- Attempt and backing neighborhood organizations however much as could reasonably be expected. It is a reality not restricted to Brunei alone yet. It is consistent with other enormous urban areas of the existence where vacationers run.
- Attempt to eat neighborhood food instead of running to the worldwide eateries and inns that dish out a few mainland dishes. You can visit these big names now, and again yet your center should be to attempt to have neighborhood food. There is no lack of nearby lodgings and cafés, and you will have the option to run over good diners, eateries, and even street-side inexpensive food joints. They offer a wide assortment of food, and Brunei has gotten celebrated for this by a considerable number of travelers across the world.
- Remaining in green inns is one all the more ways you could be a dependable vacationer. Although the idea of green lodgings may not be as evolved all things considered in some western urban communities, customarily, the neighborhood individuals have consistently accepted to be near nature and reusing. Consequently, if you invest some energy and do some exploration, you will have the option to go over many green lodgings in Brunei. More insights concerning this will partake in particular areas later.
- Comprehend the significance of visiting parks. Brunei has a fine assortment of numerous delightful normal and fake parks spread around the city's length and expansiveness. It would be best if you made it a highlight visit to these parks. It very well may be for morning walks or night strolls. Moving around with your relatives or proceeding onward your future is an excellent method to see more about this lovely city's greenery. You likewise can purchase a couple of things from the stores and diners that are not far away from the parks. This would be another magnificent method of carrying on with the life of a mindful voyager.
Air Quality and Pollution
The air quality level of Brunei is moderate but is close to the verge of worsening. As of today, studies show that Brunei air quality is in the 10 to 45 points range. These points mean that the air in Brunei is satisfactory. The air pollution level is low and possesses minimal risk. The AQI or the Air Quality Index of Brunei belongs in a range of 10 to 15, and the humidity of this region is in the range of 60 to 90. These numbers indicate that there are no severe issues in the living condition of Brunei. If the current way of life is followed, the situation might stay the same. People need to keep the practices that have been going on till now to maintain this level of satisfactory air quality; otherwise, serious issues might appear. Tourists who visit Brunei have been following the state's laws and regulations for controlling air quality, as are the citizens.
Respect the Culture
Brunei's way of life is dominatingly Malay (mirroring its identity), with weighty impacts from Islam, yet is viewed as considerably more moderate than Indonesia and Malaysia. Influences to Bruneian culture come from the Malay societies of the Malay Archipelago. Four times of social impact have happened, animist, Hindu, Islamic, and Western. Islam had a solid impact and was received as Brunei's belief system and reasoning. Brunei's true fundamental language is Malay; however, English is additionally broadly spoken as it is a mandatory subject in most of the schools.
As a Sharia nation, the deal and public utilization of liquor are banned. Non-Muslims are permitted to get a restricted measure of liquor from their place of embarkation abroad for their own private utilization.
Top 10 Places to Visit
Below are ten beautiful places to visit:
- Jame Asr Hassanil Bolkiah Mosque: The staggering Jame Asr Hassanil Bolkiah Mosque in Kampong Kiarong is the biggest mosque Brunei. Implicit honor of the current Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah is one of Brunei's two public mosques.
- Bandar Seri Begawan: Bandar Seri Begawan is maybe the most luxuriously enhanced capital you've never known about. Home to only 50,000 individuals is a diminutive exercise in how oil cash can change the world. Having been changed in the only remaining century, from a shoreline exchanging town to the overlaid focal point of boring and home of the incomparable Sultan of Brunei, the town has wondrous – if a touch pompous – sights like the gold-tipped Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque and the monster Istana Nurul Iman, which holds the world record for the biggest legislative structure on the globe. There's likewise interesting Islamic art in plain view in the Brunei Museum, and heaps of shopping to be had in the shopping centers of Gadong.
- Kampong Ayer: Sat smack blast in the winding Brunei River as it weaves through the core of Bandar Seri Begawan, this independent territory of the city can be viewed as an objective in its own right. Otherwise called, basically, the water town, it's framed totally by homes that stick simply over the channels on braces. Many are associated with weak promenades and play host to glad neighborhood families who love demonstrating surprising guests around. The best way to arrive at Kampong Ayer is by waving to a water taxi from the banks in BSB.
- Pekan Tutong: Pekan Tutong (that is simply Tutong Town in English) is the local center for the entire Tutong District – the territory discovered quickly toward the east of Bandar Seri Begawan on the northern edge of Brunei. Found right on the edge of the South China Sea, it's home to a grip of acclaimed schools and a couple of good guesthouses. Notwithstanding, the significant force is, without a doubt, the brilliant stretch of sand that lines the city at Seri Kenangan. This shimmering, wide seashore runs along with the Tutong River's courses and plays host to alluring seashore bars and fish eateries as it goes – it's definitely one of the top spots for sun, sand, and ocean in the entirety of Brunei.
- Kuala Belait: Hobnobbing with Malaysian Sarawak on Brunei's extreme western edge, this oil-took care of town of gesturing jackasses offers a picture of the Brunei of the advanced age. Clamoring and pressed with business society who've come from far off to search out oil underneath the ground, it's additionally home to the celebrated tea kettle indirect. It's likewise got it's own personal beachfront, which discovers its peak with the inviting little park at Silver Jubilee. For food, shopping and trinkets, additionally make certain to rush toward the Tudong Saji: a bazaar that ejects after dim with fish dishes and Asian specialties.
- Gadong: Clamoring with the greatest bazaars and commercial centers in the entirety of Brunei, the zone of Gadong – authoritatively a different town, however considerably more like a suburb of the capital at Bandar Seri Begawan – is the spot to go for shopping in this little Asian country. Start with the immense shopping centers, which are stuffed with hardware vendors and high-road design sources, also the solitary McDonald's image in the nation (subsequently the unending line!). Also, when the night comes, it's an ideal opportunity to hit the vivacious night market, which pulsates with malodorous fish slows down and pan sear stands, the scents of tamarind and ginger and stew and soy all floating through the air.
- Muara: Muara extends out into the South China Sea with its own needle-molded finger of land, framing the western finish of the crowded Brunei and Muara District. Referred to principally as one of the sultanate's top seashore towns, it's home to an incredible stretch of brilliant sand and a grip of excursion spots and jungle gyms for kids close behind (search for the manicured yards of the Muara Beach Recreational Park). Other lovely strolls can be had along the palm-dabbed spit of Serasa Beach toward the south, while sees out across the ship spotted sea are incredible.
- Andulau Forest Reserve: An ocean of waxy palms and antiquated teak trees anticipates voyagers in the Andulau Forest Reserve, which sits conveniently positioned amidst Brunei, simply a short excursion east from the capital. Please put on the map by multiplicating old development evergreen woods that overwhelms its inside. The region is likewise enriched with wild, sloppy streams and slamming cascades with sprinkle pools for swimming. Try not to hope to see numerous local people here (it's one of the most un-populated pieces of the Sultanate), except if – that is – you mean tropical animals in the kind of uncommon blurred panthers and monkeys overhead!
- Bangar: One of only a handful few towns to be found in Brunei's exclave of Temburong, Bangar speaks to the managerial and business heart of this withdrew region in the east. A little and minimal spot, it is all around associated with the capital at Bandar Seri Begawan by speed boat, which can be seen leaving from the wharfs of the riverside harbors here from morning until night. The genuine draw of this spot is undoubtedly the wild rainforests that hide on the edges of town, with the amazing Labu Forest and the previously mentioned Ulu Temburong National Park both on the menu. In any case, it's likewise a decent spot to meet local people and get to grasps with the more out of control character of the eastern district.
- Labi: Settled somewhere down in the south-western corner of the Sultanate, little Labi town is one of the best positions for ecotourists going to Brunei. Basically, a grip of bamboo homes and downpour splashed towns; it sits directly on the edge of the wild Labi Forest Reserve. That implies visitors will keep organization with gibbons and geckos and all way of other forest fauna, all while searching out spouting cascades and overwhelms and shrouded backwoods traveling preliminaries. A sprinkling of amicableness hotels can be found in the town, while close by Terawan and Tarunan additionally have other guesthouse choices of their own.
In Brunei, people worldwide watch the beauty and historical monuments and the importance this city holds. You can explore abandoned factories, art pieces, parks, museums, and much more.
The following section will discuss some of the biggest attractions like parks, museums, and more than the country is home to.
Here are some of the city parks famous in Brunei.
- Tasek Lama Recreational Park
- Tasek Merimbun Heritage Park
- Jerudong Park Playground
- Berakas Forest Reserve Recreational Park
- Bukit Shahbandar Forest Recreation Park
- Damuan Recreational Park
- Ulu Temburong National Park
- Bukit Patoi Recreational Park
- Taman Jubli Perak
- Silver Jubilee Park
These national parks are various in numbers and are spread across the overall landmass of Brunei.
- Ulu Temburong National Park
- Tasek Merimbun Heritage Park
- Ulu Ulu Resort
The country is covered in beaches, and these beaches have seen tourists and residents both in large numbers coming in and enjoying the beach and its activities.
- Meragang Beach
- Berakas Beach
- Jerudong Beach
- Pantai Berakas
- Muara Beach
- Pantai Seri Kenangan
- Serasa Beach
- Penanjong Beach
- Water Sport Lumut Beach
- Tanjung Batu Beach
- The beach
- Belait Beach
- Muara Brunei Darusalam
- Pantai Perkelahan Lumut
- Pantai Muara
- Jerudong beach
- Meragang Beach
- Tungku Beach
- Beach Bunch
Brunei is one of the most historically important countries in Asia. So consequently, several important historical landmarks are present in Brunei. One such landmark has already been discussed, i.e., the Inner Harbour. The Inner Harbour is commonly known as Innenhafen.
There are also more important landmarks. Some of which are listed below.
- Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque
- Istana Nurul Iman
- Our Lady of the Assumption Church
- Mercu Dirgahayu 60
- Water Front
- Taman Tasek
- The Empire Hotel & Country Club
- Royal Palace of the Sultan
- Lapau and Dewan Majlis
- The Mausoleum of Sultan Bolkiah
- Jerudong park playground
- Billionth Barrel Monument
- Oil & Gas Discovery Centre
- Nodding Donkey
Many people come to Brunei to study these museums and engulf them in these artifacts' beauty. Below are some of them:
- Brunei Museum
- Royal Regalia Museum
- Brunei Darussalam Maritime Museum
- Belait Museum
- Malay Technology Museum
- Kampong Ayer Museum
- Royal Brunei Armed Forces Museum
- Forestry Museum Brunei, Sungai Liang
- Balai Khazanah Islam Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah
- Galeri Ariffin
- Limbang Museum
- Brunei Sports Gallery
- Proposed New Limbang Museum
- Military Miniature Models Collection.
- StaffHouse ordhe
- Police Museum
- May Tak
Any place that attracts tourists needs to have a variety of food. This is the law that any tourist-heavy location follows. The food made in Brunei is exquisite, and people around the world come to eat it.
Here below are some of the most famous dishes and cuisines that tourists enjoy while traveling to Brunei.
- Nasi Katok
- Pulut Panggang
- Bamboo Chicken
- Hati Buyah
- Nasi Lemak
- Honey Garlic Chicken Pizza
- Belutak Daging
- Ayam Penyet
Drinks are a crucial part of a country’s authenticity. In Brunei, people have the option of tasting authentic Thai drinks as well as drinks from all over the world.
In Brunei's, several residents and tourists have stated that drinking tap water is unsafe due to the high level of pollution in the area. One should always try to avoid drinking tap water as much as they can. Drinking bottled water is the best option one can choose.
There are many activities that a person in Brunei can enjoy and partake in. People often can be seen partying late nights at clubs, enjoying watching games with friends at bars, and much more. People in Brunei also enjoy the fun activities that the beaches have. The summer is when one can find the breaches filled with people resting or having fun with friends.
Brunei is a country that attracts a lot of tourists from all over the world. Such kinds of countries have many hotels and guest houses for people to live in.
Brunei is one of the most prosperous countries in Asia. Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam is the only hotel in Brunei that follows every protocol regarding environmental friendliness. This is the true and only green hotel present in Brunei and has been running for a long time.
Hostels and Guest Houses
There are several hostels and greenhouses made in Brunei for tourists to stay in. Here is a list of some of them.
- D'Villa Transit
- Qing Yun Resthouse Kiulap
- Lagau Guesthouse
- Taman Mawar
- Hyerma Guest House
- Miniinn Guest House
- Lukut Intan Guest House
- TaT Daily Guest House
- Government Rest House
- Ma Cribs
Nowadays, several people are moving to Brunei, either for work purposes or any other reason, making them stay in Brunei for a longer time. In such a scenario, people to rent an apartment to stay in to save the excess cost they have to pay if they stay in hotels and guest houses.
If you plan to live in Brunei for a reasonably long period and would like to save on hotel accommodation, you could choose private apartments. You will have many such options available to you. However, not all apartment owners may feel comfortable renting out their properties to foreigners, but things are changing. But there are some issues or precautions present that one must take before renting an apartment. These precautions include:
- Examining the whole apartment before confirming any case of previous damage.
- Taking on a contract to prevent any legal disputes.
- Selecting the apartment of the right size depending upon one's budget and requirements.
- Making some ground rules when living with other tenants.
Several online communities out there in Brunei allow people to live in their houses if you are a part of that community. Couchsurfing is a new and innovative way of staying at a place you don’t know anything about. This way of accommodation has seen a rise in Brunei. There are many sites online that offer people the option of Couchsurfing in Brunei. Not only have that, but the residents of Brunei also signed in on these sites to provide their homes for Couchsurfing purposes.
Camping is not a common activity that is seen being done by tourists and residents alike in Brunei. But on the off chance that one needs to go camping, there is only one single campsite available, and that is the AZ Back To Nature CampGround. This campsite is available for all to enjoy nature and set up a camp for both their family and friends.
Brunei is a relatively old and large country that resides in Asia. This country is a diverse one and has different states that are home to different types of people. This country is divided into cities and states of different sizes, some of which are the world's top tourist destinations.
- Bandar Seri Begawan: Bandar Seri Begawan is Brunei's capital and greatest city arranged on the Brunei River's northern banks. Bandar Seri Begawan enveloped a zone of 100.36 square km and was proclaimed a city in 1920. The city has the Istana Nurul Iman, in the past known as Brunei Town, the seat of the nation's public authority and regal home. Two officials of the nation's leaders are additionally situated here. Counting a few lovely mosques like the Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque, Jame' Asr Hassanil Bolkiah Mosque, and others, Bandar Seri Begawan has various vacation spots. A few finished parks and sporting focuses are additionally situated in the city.
- Kuala Belait: Kuala Belait, the best urban community to visit in Brunei, is situated in the nation's southwest, and it is the second-most crowded metropolitan place in Brunei. This town is lined by the South China Sea toward the north and fills in as the Belait District's regulatory focus. The town determines its name is toward the west and south of the town Belait River from initially, Kuala Belait used to a little fishing town populated by anglers. The town is found near the coastal Rasau gas field. You should see vacation spots, similar to Silver Jubilee, Kuala Belait Boat Club, Tudong Saji market. You will likewise visit Istana Mangelella, home of the Sultan of Brunei. Transport alternatives are restricted in Kuala Belait. At first, Kuala Belait was a little fishing town populated by anglers. Interim, the town gradually grew up into a significant city in the nation. The town is found near the inland Rasau gas field.
- Seria: Seria is a little city arranged in Brunei Darussalam's Belait District. Seria is included infamous urban communities in Brunei; it is situated around 16 km toward the east of Kuala Belait and the nation's capital. The capital Bandar Seri Begawan is around 100 km toward the north-east of the town. Seria is additionally Brunei's oil industry center. Brunei's first business coastal oilfield was found in this town. Seria was found in 1929, and it is really situated on the Seria Field. On the off chance that you are visiting this town, you may discover a portion of Seria's vacation spots, the Seria Mosque, Oil and Gas Discovery Center, Sungei Seria estuary, Billionth Barrel Monument, and so on.
There are also several other cities other than these three like Tutong, Bangar, Muara, and much more. But these three are the top three cities that people visit in Brunei.
Getting There and Moving Around
Traveling to Brunei is an issue, not too big. There are airports, buses, trains, and several other methods, and one can easily travel to Brunei.
Brunei's sole air terminal of noteworthiness is Brunei International Airport (BWN), the center point of public transporter Royal Brunei Airlines. The air terminal itself is little yet perfect and utilitarian.
After over-extension and tremendous misfortunes during the 1990s, Royal Brunei Airlines (RBA) has eliminated its administrations impressively yet at the same time offers a sensibly thorough organization, with day by day trips to London, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, and Kota Kinabalu. There are additionally continuous trips to Jakarta, Surabaya, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Manila, Melbourne, and Shanghai. The best costs are normally found on the RBAs site. Visits in Brunei are accessible and are acceptable worth. However, you'll have to book by telephone or through a travel planner. RBA is a dry carrier; you should bring your own on the off chance that you wish to drink.
To/from Miri: The Miri Belait Transportation Company DOES NOT RUN ANYMORE. It used to run transports between Kuala Belait in Brunei and Miri in Sarawak, Malaysia. The excursion required a transport change at the Sungei Tujoh line checkpoint. Through tickets were anyway accessible at RM12.20 from Miri. Note that there have been reports that transport from Miri incidentally declined to go right to the line and stop not long before the Asean Bridge at Kuala Baram on account of the extension's high-cost charge. You may need to utilize taxicabs to finish the last 5km between the boundary and the scaffold. As of November 2016, this transport doesn't exist any longer (their site isn't refreshed and gives obsolete data).
From Kuala Belait, there are transports to Seria (B$1) approx. You can change to another transport for Bandar Seri Begawan (B$6). The whole excursion requires around 5 hours. Transports withdraw Seria consistently.
There are additionally two express means of transport a day between Bandar Seri Begawan and Miri, run by PHLS (+673 277 1668). One runs promptly toward the beginning of the day (dep 8:15 am from Miri, 7 am from Bandar, as of September 2019), and the second in the early evening (dep 3:45 pm from Miri, 1 pm from Bandar, as of September 2019). Tolls from Bandar Seri Begawan is B$20 one way. On the off chance that you purchase the ticket from the counter at Pujut Bus Terminal, it costs 50MYR.
To/from Limbang: The immediate transport from Bandar Seri Begawan to Kota Kinibalu serves Bangar, Limbang, Lawas, and different stops on the way to Kota Kinibalu. It leaves inverse Tamu Kianggeh at roughly 8 am. You can then get a nearby transport from Bandar's bus stop to Kuala Lurah on the line, stroll across the checkpoint into Tedungan in Sarawak and catch a Syarikat Bas Limbang transport to Limbang. Do the converse if coming from Limbang to Bandar. Transports leave from the Limbang transport terminal a few times each day and bear the objective "Batu Danau." Taxicabs are additionally accessible on the two sides of the boundary; however, they deal hard for the toll. You can likewise get to Temburong locale by transport from Limbang, albeit once more, there are no immediate transports into Bangar; all transports (objective "Pandaruan") stop at the ship arrives Pandaruan, where there is currently a Malaysian movement checkpoint. Cross the waterway by ship and catch a taxi for the 5km to Bangar.
To/from Kota Kinabalu: There is an everyday transport from Bandar Seri Begawan to Kota Kinabalu. The transport withdraws at Waterfront Bandar Seri Begawan approx 8 am and requires around 8-9 hours, given turning single path parkways, getting and dropping travelers en route, and the various boundary intersections which involve identification/movement checks. It costs 100 RM.
Around Bandar Seri Begawan, there is a decent measured organization of solid and dependable purple minibusses. Brunei's high pace of private vehicle proprietorship implies not many Bruneians take these transports, which oblige unfamiliar specialists to a great extent. The speed of the transports is restricted to 50km/h. However, they remain very productive. Note that transport courses stop the activity before 2000.
Brunei is a country surrounded and covered in water bodies. This makes have train routes almost impossible and is also not present in the country.
Hitchhiking is a risky travel mode, both for the person asking for a ride and the person offering a ride. People are often wary of such people and do not want to offer a ride to such people. Some people do offer rides to such hitchhikers, but even they avoid taking on hitchhikers at night.
The primary ship terminal in Brunei is the Serasa Ferry Terminal at Muara, where there are a few ships day by day to/from Labuan and one day by day ship each to/from Lawas Sundar, both in Sarawak. With a difference in Labuan boats, you can even make it to/from Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, in a day. See the Kota Kinabalu to Brunei in a day page.
If you don't mind, note that the ship terminal is a serious separation from genuine Muara town where the holder port is found. The terminal is about 25km from Bandar Seri Begawan. Arriving: There are purple transports (No. 38) connecting the ship terminal with BSB. Or then again you can simply take a visit van/taxi.
There is a vehicle ship administration from Brunei to Sabah.
Brunei is a country in Asia that has a large number of residents. Due to this, there are several means of shopping that is available there. The city is filled with food and flea markets. There are also several clothing stores and second-hand stores.
Brunei is an advanced metropolitan country where people live a very basic lifestyle. Rather than buying food online, people prefer buying from several food markets that are available in Brunei.
Flea markets are a pretty common thing in Brunei. The flea markets bring in Brunei things that are rare and cheap. Sometimes, the flea market has items that might be super costly but are sold at low prices.
The pollution control of Brunei is improving day by day. The country's high level of ecological balance and environmental control comes from its reliance on recycling products. The country emphasizes recycling waste products over unmanaged dumping of said products.
Brunei has the best waste recycling rate all around the world. In cities like Bangkok, this is more prominent as almost all recyclable products are managed properly. These products, instead of just dumping unmaintained, are used for other purposes. Brunei takes waste management as its top priority for maintaining the proper ecological balance.
Work and Study Abroad
Brunei is a commercial town. People from all fields of work live there. The job opportunities that people get in Brunei is immense. People from across the world can be seen working and living in Brunei due to their work.
Education is another factor that the officials of Brunei regard highly. They emphasize keeping their number of educated citizens high. They also take in students from across the world who want to come to Brunei to study.
There are several universities in Brunei that accept several exchange students. Some of the universities are as follows.
- International School Brunei
- Jerudong International School
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam
- Kolej IGS (International Graduate Studies)
- University Teknologi Brunei
- Sultan Sharif Ali Islamic University
- Politeknik Brunei (Main Campus)
- International School Brunei - Seria (ISB Seria)
- Laksamana College of Business
- Jerudong International School Visitor's Centre
The concept of Au pair has also reached in major cities like Bandar Seri Begawan and others, and several jobs have been offered in Brunei, keeping this concept in mind.
Brunei is also the home of several non-profit organizations that specialize in volunteering work and helping others. There are several organizations, some of which are listed below.
- Beach Bunch
- PERSEKUTUAN GURU-GURU MELAYU BRUNEI(PGGMB)
- Pusat KACA Pengiran Isteri Hajjah Mariam Persatuan Kanak-Kanak Cacat (KACA)