Eco-friendly travel guide to Concepción advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Concepción, Chile.
- Air quality: 4.4 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 3.7 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 3.6/ 5
- Public transportation: 4.1 / 5
- Parks: 3.9 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 4.0 / 5
- Locals' English level: 3.2 / 5
- Safety: 3.7 / 5
- Accommodation: US$76 - $134
- Budget per day: US$92 - $187
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Conception is a famous city due to its excellent universities and music scene. most of chiles rock arts atart in Concepcion.The town is among the most populated in the country of Chile. The city is home to an estimation of 950,000 people. It is a major commercial and industrial center with most of the chiles coal mined in Arauco Bay located within the cities boundaries. The city is also a central hub for international companies, luxurious hotels, and restaurants. The country's origin dates back to 1550 when Pedro de Valdivia founded me as part of the Spanish empire. Major tourist attractions in this region include parks and lakes, historical bridges, cultural venues, historical museums, and murals. The primary language spoken in the city consists of Spanish, the national language, Mapudungun spoke by the Mapuche, and Rapa Nui language spoke by the easter islanders. Other minority groups speak Aymara, English, and French. Over 55% of the cities population are Roman Catholics and around 15% are protestants, which places the city at the lead with the region's highest number of protestants. Eco-friendly ways to interact with the city include walking, cycling, and using public means. You can also promote local shops by buying from them and disposing of waste material in designated areas.
Air Quality and Pollution
According to IQAir, the Concepcion air quality index is 8AQI which is considered safe for all kinds of people. To protect from air pollution in New Caledonia, open your windows to bring in clean air and enjoy outdoor activities. The leading causes of air pollution in this region are industrial emission, indoor air pollution, transportation, and open burning of garbage waste. The regional governments continuously improve quality by establishing incentives that promote pollution control technologies, reducing Sulfur content in petrol and diesel, and renewable energy.
Respect the Culture
The people o Concepcion are a mix of Spanish colonial elements and the indigenous Mapuche culture and other immigrant cultures. Their culture of the natives comprise lots of music and dance. The major festivals include the grape harvest festival, Tapati festival, Christmas festival, and the new year festival, among many others. The most significant population in the city is Christian, accounting for over 74 % of the population while there, and is split among Judaism, Hinduism, Islam, and Mormonism. In Latin America, the Concepcion people have minor families, with most parents having one or two children. Their culture tends to be very family-oriented, and children are taught to respect their parents. The people here are welcoming and also ready to share their culture with interested visitors. The people are also straightforward to interact with, provided you speak their language.
Top 10 Places to Visit
- Casa del Arte: This is a popular destination among both local and foreign visitors. The art-house is set on the grounds of the University of Concepcion. The art-house is home to more than 2000 pieces, making it the second-largest in the country. The place is clean and well maintained, with all attendants knowledgeable about their craft. It's an excellent place for art lovers.
- Huáscar: This is among the major attractions in this part of the region, especially history lovers. It is located in Talcahuano, Chile. The boat dates back to the colonial period when chile was fighting for independence. This boat has a history during the second world war where it sank and was later captured by Peruvians who later commissioned it to the Chilean navy. It's a great place to learn about the history of Concepcion and how they got their independence. The attendant here is very knowledgeable and ready to share their knowledge with interested parties.
- Concepción Zoo: Concepcion zoo is a popular tourist destination, especially among the young aged. It is located in a few minutes drive from the city center of Concepcion. The place is also easily accessible via public transport. It features wild animals, including monkeys, tigers, zebras, giraffes,s and unique animals in this region. It is a great place to visit with family and friends during weekends or holidays.
- Parque & Museum Pedro del Río Zañartu: This is another popular tourist destination in this part of the region. The museum receives many visitors all year long. It is located in Hualien, Bio-Bio, Chile. The museum is attributed to the life of a famous world explorer and traveler Pedro del Rio Zanartu. It has beautiful views of the beautiful beaches and the rugged coast. The attendants in the museum are welcoming and super friendly. It's a great place to learn about the adventure of this famous traveler and his findings.
- Natural History Museum of Concepción: This is among the most visited museums in this part of the region. It is located in Maipu, Concepcion, which is easily accessible through public means. The museum is considered both exciting and informative by the locals. It features a park with many dinosaurs and many artistic animal displays, carvings, and fossils from several different eras. The attendants are very knowledgeable and ready to share their knowledge with interested visitors. The place is also clean and well maintained, giving it a conducive environment to learn.
- Nonguén National Reserve: This is a popular national park that provides refuge to visitors looking for a quiet and peaceful place away from the city's rush. It is located in the Bio-Bio region in Chile. It's an excellent place for people who love to explore and hike. The park is not easily accessible via public transport hence it will require you to prepare your means to get there. The place is large enough to require a day to navigate. It's an excellent place for those who love nature.
- Parque Ecuador & Cerro Caracol: This is among the most popular nature walks in this part of the region. It is located in Victor Lamas, Concepcion. The leisurely walk begins at Parque Ecuador to the side of Caracol hills. While going here, remember to carry a bottle of water. It's a great way to connect with nature and enjoy the quiet places of Concepcion.
- Caleta Lenga: This is a popular tourist destination in this part of the region. It receives a large number of visitors all year long. The place features luxurious restaurants, a peaceful environment, and fun-loving people. It's a great place to experience various foods in this region and engage in different water sports areas. It's a great place to hang out with friends and family.
- Lota & Colcura: This is another popular tourist destination in this part of the region. Lota and Collura receive a large number of both local and foreign visitors all year long. The old mine is home to a rich museum in the locals' history and how the mining industry has revolutionized the city and whole country. While in the same region, also visit the curling coast beach, which is in color.it s a great place to hang out and learn more about the native communities
- Mercado do Gran Concepción: This is a famous market in this part of the region. It is located in Bernardo O'Higgins, conception. The local market is packed with fresh produce, organic foods, and indigenous plant and foods. The market is managed and maintained by the city government of Concepcion. It is clean, well organized, and well-maintained. It provides an excellent and fantastic shopping experience to both visitors and the locals. It's a great place to do your home shopping when around.
Concepcion is a city with many luxurious places to spend your weekends and holidays. It is home to a wide range of reserves, museums, archeological sites, parks, and many other places to enjoy and learn.
- Costanera Concepción Park: This is a popular city park in this part of the region. It is located in Costanera avenue, Concepcion. It's a great place to take pictures and also stroll around. It is also an excellent place to relax and also offers enough shade. The site is clean, well maintained, and includes all necessary social amenities.
- Ecuador Park: Ecuador park is among the most visited parks in this part of the region. It is located in the heart of the city, a few minute's walk from the airport. It's a beautiful long park stretching from the river to the University of Concepcion. It features a skate park, exercise machines, games for kids, and a large playground. There are also clean and well-maintained benches to relax.
- Plaza San Andrés: The city park is located in Lazo La Vega, Concepcion. It receives a large number of visitors, especially during summers. The place is very peaceful and silent, making it a great place to relax and refreshen. The park features a small playground for kids to play in and many benches for relaxing and connecting with the surrounding nature. The park is ideal for family visits, especially on weekends.
- Plaza Raquel Rojas: Plaza Raquel Rojas is among the popular city parks in this part of the region. It is located a few minute's drive from the University of Concepcion. It's an excellent place for an evening walk with family and friends. The park features two playgrounds for kids to play in and three cafes. There are also many spots to take photos. The park is a little bit crowded during weekends; hence if you need to relax and connect with nature, check-in for weekdays. It also a great place to jog or cycle.
- Concepción Zoo: This is among the major tourist attractions in this part of the region. It is located in Camino Nonguen, Concepcion.The place features a wide range of wild animals. The major wild animals include tigers, lions, zebras, and monkeys. The site also features some great restaurants and several shops. It's a great place to visit with family and friends during weekends.
- Nonguén National Reserve: This is a famous national reserve located a few minute's drives from Concepcion university. The reserve receives a large number of both local and foreign n visitors all year long. . The place is well laid out with all pathways in place and easily accessible via public transport. You can engage in various activities, including skating, jogging, running, walking, and cycling. There is also plenty of shade and lawn and lovely spots to relax and socialize—a nice place to visit with friends and family and enjoy the terrific environment.
- Metropolitano Cerro Caracol Park: This is a wildlife park located in Dr. Wilhelm, Concepcion. The park features a large playground, cafes, and well-maintained walking paths. The site also has some security staff who are very knowledgeable and ready to share their knowledge with interested parties. It's a great and lovely place to visit with family or walk on your own. The public park is free, but you will require a small amount to get to the farms full of different kinds of animals.
- Parque Ecuador: Parquet equator park is an urban greenfield space providing play structures, skate parks, fitness equipment, and sports fields. It is located in Victor Lamas, Concepcion. The park features beautifully maintained benches to sit and chill; there is a café offering excellent coffee quality, a swing area for kids, and football pitches. There is also a lake that some stunning views and attracts a large number of birds. The place is also excellent for those who love to skate and cycle. While here, you can also take photos, walk dogs, and exercise.
- Parque Jorge Alessandri: This is a popular national park located in Avenida Villa Verde, Concepcion. The national park features some well-maintained walking trails, an amphitheater for summer concerts, and kids' programs. The national park is owned and managed by the government of Chile. It's an excellent place for walking, jogging, cycling, and skating. There are lovely bike trails for all levels. The park also features a cafe and a picnic area where you can take kids and have fun. The place is quiet and peaceful, which helps you relax and connect with yourself and nature. Visiting here is a great way to spend a weekend or holiday.
- Ramuntcho: Ramuntcho is a famous beach among both local and foreign visitors. The beach receives a large number of visitors all year long. It features a sandy beach with clear waters, making it ideal for swimming and diving. Other popular water sports on the beach include Kayaking and scuba diving. The people here are super friendly and pleasant to interact with—a great place to visit with family and friends.
- Playa Blanca: This is among the most visited beach in this part of the region .it is located a few minutes drive from the University of Concepcion. The location is convenient and easily accessible via public transport. The beach has ample parking space, free: the coastline has created scenic views and fabulous sands. The coastal walking paths are well maintained and uncrowded. It is always a peaceful and quiet spot all year long. There are plenty of restaurants and bars with a variety of foods and drinks. The staff is accommodating and also offers quick services at reasonable prices.
- Playa Cocholgüe: This is another famous beach among the locals. It receives a large number of visitors, especially during summers. It's a great and famous beach in this region and home to several restaurants and shops. Meals beach is located in a convenient location accessible through public transport. It has clean walkways and plenty of bins to drop your waste. It's also a great place to cycle and walk with fantastic sea views. Great place to visit with family and friends during weekends and holidays.
- Playa de Collura: This is a public beach located in colcura, lota, Concepcion. It receives a large number of visitors, especially the locals. The beach is very silent during weekdays with a relatively small number of people. It's a great place to walk and jog. The site is easily accessible via public transport. The staff is fantastic and ready to help if the need arises—a great place to visit with family and friends.
- Playa Dichato: Playa Dichato is a famous beach located in the tome, chile. It features some restaurants and cafes where you can grab some foods and drinks if you feel hungry. The beach is a fantastic sandy beach and a great place to spend your summer. It attracts a relatively massive number of foreign and local tourists. It is also an excellent place for water sports especially swimming and sunbathing. The people here are super friendly and pleasant to interact with—a great place to visit with family and friends.
- Ruinas Del Teatro Enrique Molina Garmendia: This is a famous historical landmark located in Victor Lamas, Concepcion. It's a great place to learn about the history of Concepcion. The home features some restaurants, cafes, and a museum. The site contains much historical stuff that is well preserved. The museum is also clean and well maintained. It's an excellent place for people interested in archeology and history.
- Plaza de la Independencia: This is a famous historical building located in Bernardo O'Higgins, Concepcion. It's an excellent place for people interested in the history of Concepcion. The site is beautiful to watch the sunrise and other perfect views nearby. It is also an ideal place for taking photos while enjoying the morning sun. The location can be easily accessed through public transport and too close to shops and significant public offices.
- Ruinas de la Fachada del Teatro Universidad de Concepción: This is a famous historical landmark located in Barros Arana, Concepcion. It's a great place easily accessible via public transport. The site contains much historical stuff that is well preserved. The museum is also clean and well maintained. It's an excellent place for people interested in archeology and history.
- Casa Del Arte José Clemente Orozco: This is a popular art and music museum located on the campus of the famous university of Concepcion. The place is home to paintings from local and international artists. It also hosts a small store that sells souvenirs and other items from local crafters and artists. The coffee shop inside is also worth a visit. Attendants are super friendly and knowledgeable about their craft. It's an excellent place for artists and art lovers to hangout.
- Museo de Historia Natural: This is a natural history museum located in Maipu, Concepcion. It explains a few things about the trees, flowers, and birds inside the museum. The museum is entertaining and ideal for a family visit. It is usually opened from Tuesdays to Fridays and some holidays. The attendants are very welcoming and knowledgeable about their craft. The halls are also clean and well maintained to ensure a conducive environment for learning. It's a great place full of history and culture.
- Museo Pedro del Río Zañartu Park: This is a famous heritage museum in this part of the region. it is located in Hualpen, Concepcion.It features private collections of storied 19th-century explorers and scenic gardens. Most groups are from China, Italy, India, Egypt, and Greece. The place is rich in fascinating history. The attendants are very knowledgeable and informative. It's an excellent place for people interested in research and history.
- Galería De La Historia: This is a famous history museum located in Victor Lamas Parque Ecuador, Concepcion. The museum receives many visitors all year long. It was opened in early 1983 and is equipped with a large number of exhibitions and artifacts. The location is easily accessible via public transport, which is a significant reason behind its high number of visitors. The place is clean and well maintained, with all necessary amenities provided. The attendants are very knowledgeable and ready to share their knowledge with interested parties. The entrance is free, but there is an option for donation, which helps maintain the museum.
- UCSC Museum of Religious Art: This is a famous museum located in Caupolican, Concepcion. It attracts a large number of both local and foreign visitors all year long. The museum was founded in 1991 after being erected by the archdiocese of the holiest conception through the decree of the archbishop of Concepcion. The place is also the institute of theology and a technological institute. Major disciplines taught include Law, education, medicine, engineering, science, economics, and administrative sciences. It's a great educational center with lots of history and information. The halls are clean and well maintained, with all necessary amenities provided. The staff is welcoming, kind, and ready to help in case the need arises.
Concepcion city is home to many restaurants with an extensive range of foods to choose from. The cost of food depends on the quality and quantity of food you order. You can get food from local restaurants, vegan restaurants, or street foods.
Traditional Local Restaurants
- Restaurante Sal y Brasas: This is a popular traditional American restaurant located in Ramon Carrasco, Concepcion. They offer both takeaway and delivery services to their customers. This American-style burger joint offers a great menu, including chicken wings and hot dogs. The restaurant serves lovely authentic American meals at very favorable prices. The staff is welcoming, kind, and courteous—a great place to visit with friends and family.
- Faro Belén Restorán: This is among the most visited traditional restaurants in Concepcion. It is located in Manuel Bulnes, conception. They offer both takeaway and delivery services to their customers. They provide excellent traditional food but innovative. their menus are made from locally sourced produce. The food is authentic and very delicious. The place is super clean, well organized, and arranged. Staff is courteous, kind, and ready to help if the need arises. It's an excellent place for a visit with friends and family.
- Fina Estampa: Fina Estampa is a popular Peruvian traditional restaurant t located in Tucapel ,concepcion.The restaurant is popular due to its delicious Peruvian meals offered at low prices. The restaurant offers a variety of meals served with great love by their kind and welcoming staff. The place is clean and well maintained, offering a conducive atmosphere for relaxing. It's a great place to share some dinner with friends and family.
- Lo Que más Quiero: This is a popular restaurant located in Lincoln, Concepcion. The restaurant offers a variety of traditional foods popular among the locals. The staff is welcoming, super friendly, and ready to help in case the need arises. The cost of food may not be the most affordable choice for many people, but it's well worth the money. This hotel's foods and services are a top-notch—great place to visit with family and friends during special events.
Vegetarian and Vegan
- Govinda’s Vegan Concepción: This is a popular restaurant located in Cochrane, Concepcion. The restaurant offers both takeaway and delivery services to its clients. They have an innovative menu and delicious foods each day. Primary foods served include burgers, salads, and hotdogs. Their portions are relatively more significant compared to other similar restaurants. The staff is super friendly and knowledgeable about the industry. The restaurant offers excellent value for your money.
- Alimento Terrestre: This is a popular vegetarian restaurant located in Malibu, Concepcion. They offer a variety of vegan foods and vegetarian dishes. The food is tasty, colorful and well presented with flavors, and very innovative with only vegetarian ingredients. The place is super clean and with all necessary amenities in the area, and well maintained. Staff is courteous, kind, and ready to help if the need arises. It's an excellent place for a visit with friends and family.
- Completo – Chilean Hot Dog: This is a popular street food among Concepcion people. It is prepared by adding tomatoes, onions, mayonnaise, pickles, and sauerkraut. The hot dog is delicious and can be taken on the go.
- Pebre – Chilean Salsa: This is a typical meal across significant streets in Concepcion. It is a seasoning made with tomatoes at the base, chili, garlic, onions, and vinegary food is delicious and has a nice spicy bite. It can be served with warm bread for lunch or supper.
- Chilean Empanadas: This is among the favorite snack among the locals. These baked pies are available in all corners of the streets. It: prepared by adding a mixture of minced meat, onions, black olives, and hard-boiled eggs.
Concepcion is home to some of the most excellent drinking places. The most popular drinks in Concepcion include tap water, beers, and cocktails.
Tap water in Concepcion is perfectly safe to drink, although some locals still encourage drinking bottled water. Though drinkable, sometimes the water may be contaminated with chlorine substances. Since there is no general information on WHO's water safety, it's advisable to check from locals and check the locals' water rating in every region you travel to.
- Rendibú: This is a popular organic café located in Anibal Pinto,Concepcion. The place is located a few miles from the city center and easily accessible via public transport. It's a great place with a friendly atmosphere and welcoming staff. They offer a variety of dishes that are purely organic with no preservative or processed. If you are looking for healthy meals, the place is your answer.
- Kiowa: This is a popular organic café located in Peru Plaza, Concepcion. Thecate receives a large number of visitors, especially during weekends. They offer a variety of healthy foods and drinks. The staff is welcoming and ready to help if the need arises. They also offer great value for your money.
- Beer Makers Store: This is among the famous brewery in this part of the region. It is located in Ramon Carrasco, Concepcion. They offer a wide range of locally made beers at affordable prices. The team is soo passionate about their craft hence producing the best they can. Visiting here is a great way to spend an afternoon, especially for those who love the art. The attendants are welcoming, super friendly, and ready to share their knowledge with interested visitors.
- Cerveceria Artesanal Arce: This is another famous brewery located in Alonso de Ercilla, Concepcion. The brewery also features a small bar selling both products from the factory and other local factories. They offer fresh and tasty beers. The staff are very passionate about the craft and are ready to guide you through the process of making beer. It's an excellent place for beer-lovers to hang out during weekends.
There are many fun activities you can engage with while in Concepcion. You can opt to go swimming, skating, cycling, or even snorkeling. These outdoor activities help improve physique, the feel-good factor, and improved bonding.
Yoga and Retreats
Yoga and retreats help you relax, revive, and rejuvenate. Yoga mainly helps deepen your mindfulness, helping you connect with your body, soul, and mind. Some retreat centers you can visit include.
- Rukalihuen: This is among the popular yoga retreat centers in this part of the region. It is located in Cochrane, Concepcion. It a great place to practice mindfulness, concentration, and focus. It's also an excellent place to get inspired, encouraged, and empowered by helpful trainers. The site is full of beautiful view s and a perfect atmosphere. It's also a great place to connect with nature and yourself.
Concepcion city offers accommodation facilities that are clean, neat, and affordable. The types of accommodation facilities available include apartments, luxury lodges, hostels, and guest houses.
- Green Apartments: This is a 3-star hotel located in San Martin, Concepcion. The hotel can be easily accessed via public transport and close to shops and restaurants. The staff are very welcoming, helpful and will make you feel comfortable. The rooms are spacious and well furnished, with all amenities included. It's a great place to visit with family.
- ibis Concepción: ibis Concepcion is among the most popular green hotels in this region. it is located in Avenida San Andres, Concepcion. It features a restaurant, some spacious living rooms, a 24-hour bar, and free parking. Its premises are clean, neat, and well maintained. The staff is very professional, super friendly, and courteous. It's a great place to spend your weekend and holidays.
Hostels and Guest Houses
- Hospedaje David Quiero: This is among the most visited guesthouses in this part of the region. It is located in Chiloe, concepcion. The guest house features some modern dorms with all amenities are provided. The place is clean, well maintained, and has quite comfortable beds. The staff is friendly and ready to help in case the need arises.
- Hostal City: This a popular hostel among backpackers. It is located a few minute's drive from the University of Concepcion. It features some private rooms, modern dorms, and complimentary continental breakfast. The location is conveniently accessible via public transport. The staff takes care of everything to make sure all clients are comfortable. The owner is very hospitable and kind. Complimentary services include a parking area and wifi.
- NM ApartHotel Orompello: This is among the most popular apartment in Concepcion. It is located in Orompello, Concepcion. . The apartment features spacious rooms, dining tables, kitchen equipment, and free wifi. They also have ample parking space, which is free. Attendants are super friendly, kind, and ready to help in case the need arises.
Couchsurfing in Concepcion helps discover unique places that you would never have got to know. The city residents are welcoming and willing to share their culture with interested visitors. To get businesses to go or people willing to hold you, you can visit Couchsurfing sites or even connect with people during events, live meetings, or even social media platforms.
Many picnic and camping sites are clean and well maintained in Concepcion. The camps provide beautiful scenery and other facilities like the playgrounds, parking spaces, toilets, water services. Most picnic sites are free while camping sites require a small fee. Some of the main campsites include:
- Camping Los Alamos
- Viajes Publitur
- Camping playa Los Queules
How to Get There
To get to Concepcion, you can travel by road, air, water or train, and tram. Both international and domestic travel connections are excellent.
Air is the most convenient means to get to the city. Concepcion airport connects the city with over 30 prominent destinations across Europe, UK, and Africa. The leading operators include PetSmart, LATAM, and Sky Airline.
Buses are the quickest means of transport in Concepcion. Two express bus services connect major cities with Concepcion. These buses include EME Bus and Pullman Tur. Their pricing depends on the season, seat, and day of the week.
The train is the popular means of transport when moving from city to city in this region. The major problem is that train services are scarce. Primary train services in Concepcion include The TerraSur train.
Hitchhiking in Concepcion is not restricted, making it one of the traditional means of transport. Though fun, hitchhiking can be tiresome, especially in the hot summer months. Hitchhikers in this part of the region are advised to wear sunglasses and sunhats in summer as a way of protection while waiting for a free ride.
Other modes of transport that get you to Liverpool include: 1. by Taxi
2. Personal cars
Moving around in Concepcion could be the most exciting thing to do since it gives you a chance to interact with the locals and learn to appreciate and understand their culture.
Walking is an eco-friendly means to stroll the city of Concepcion. It improves overall body health and saves the environment from the toxic gases produced when people use cars and motorbikes. Walking will also help you interact with the locals hence helping them understand their culture.
Concepcion city has an excellent road infrastructure for cyclists. Cycling also helps improve physique and an eco-friendly means of transport. There are many places to rent bikes while in Concepcion. You can also rent a bike from most of the vendors at a low price.
The adoption of the electric car in the city of Concepcion is on the rise. The city government is a significant player to increase adoption by increasing the city's number of charging points. Electric vehicles are of great importance to the environment.
Buses are a convenient means of transport in Concepcion city. There is an excellent bus connection between all major cities in this region. a mercy travel website is a great platform providing public transport information.
Tram, Train and Subway
This is the cheapest and most convenient means of transport in this region. The major problem facing these modes of transportation is a scarcity of service providers.
This shopping mode makes sure that everything we buy has a health, social, and environmental impact. Sustainable shopping gives visitors a chance to support the local fabrics, shops, markets, and eco-friendly factories.
Concepcion has some of the most advanced food markets that sell fresh and cheap foods. The places are clean and well maintained by both the residents and the city government. Major food markets include:
- Ma Aldea Urbana Concepción
- Ok Marke
Concepcion is a famous city when it comes to flea markets. While here, you will find quality products at low prices. Significant items include electronics, clothes, and furniture. The most famous flea markets include:
- Mateo's Market
- Chile Baterías Concepción
Second Hand Stores
Concepcion is famous for its quality second-hand items. The earlier you get, the better the chance for bargaining quality products. Major industries include. Furniture, clothes, kitchen items, and automotive spare parts.
Concepcion residents promote eco-friendly brands, and they play an essential role in conserving the environment. These brands try to minimize the negative impact on the ground and often the heath of consumers and workers' working conditions.
Recycling in Concepcion is a beautiful and vital way to keep the environment clean. It prevents the pollution of air and water bodies. Major recyclable items in the city include plastic bags, plastic bottles, old clothing, and batteries.
Concepcion city government has come up with regulations on how to dispose of waste material. Household waste should be disposed of in unique bags and is collected twice a week, while bulky waste should be disposed of in green points. There are several major waste collection companies in the city. They include Tiago Junk Shop and garbage collection services Concepcion.
Work and Study Abroad
There are over 100 international companies within the city of Concepcion. These companies have created job opportunities for the residents. Significant companies are tech firms. The major ones include Microsoft, cisco systems, and Procter and Gamble.
Concepcion is home to major universities in the region. Many of these universities are majoring in finance and tech courses due to the rising demand for tech and finance professionals. Universities and colleges in the city include:
- The University of Concepcion
- University of the Bío-Bío
- Universidad La Republica
Concepcion city residents choose to pick Au pairs from their localities or families and friends due to trust issues. Most people who need au pairs are the working class. They also opt for nannies above the age of 18.
There are numerous activities you can engage in Concepcion as a way of giving back to society. Volunteering helps deepen your relationship with the community and also learn about their culture. Volunteer groups you can join include.
- Public health facility
- Marine life conservation