Eco-friendly travel guide to Foshan advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Foshan, China.
- Air quality: 3.8 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 3.9 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 3.8 / 5
- Public transportation: 4 / 5
- Parks: 4.1 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 3.8 / 5
- Safety: 3.8 / 5
- Accommodation: US$1000 - $1100
- Budget per day: US$900 - $1000
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Alternately romanized as Fatshan, this city is a prefecture-level city in the central Guangdong Province, China. It lies on the Fen River in the estuaries making up the west side of the Pearl River Delta. Guangzhou lies to the northeast, Zhongshan to the southeast, Jiangmen to the south, Qingyuan to the west, and Zhaoqing to the west. Foshan means Buddha Mountain and, despite the more famous present-day statue of Guanyin or Kwanyin, on Mount Xiqiao, who is not a Buddha, refers to a smaller hill near the center of town where three bronze sculptures of Buddha were discovered. The town grew up around a monastery founded nearby. The city is part of the western side of the Pearl River Delta Economic Zone.
The city has been well known for its ceramics since the Ming dynasty, although it was forced to cease production during the Cultural Revolution. Shunde District (a former district of the city of Foshan) in particular has a high standard of living, with its thousands of electronic appliance factories responsible for more than half of the world's air conditioners and refrigerators. Foshan now has more than 30 towns specialized in particular industries, including furniture, machinery, and beverages. Further, the Foshan Hi-Tech Development Zone, founded in 1992 is very close to the national highway G325 as well as Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport. The major industries in the zone including automobile assembly, biotechnology, and chemical processing. Besides, the city is also famous for a powerful title – the capital of Chinese Kung Fu.
- Choose to invest your money in local services, be it a restaurant, café, bar, or other. This will assist you to put your money directly into the local economy.
- Ensure to open your mind to other cultures and traditions. It will transform your experience, and help you to earn respect and be more readily welcomed by local people.
- Make sure to explore the unknown places, as you might come across some amazing hidden gems that are not popularly known but are worth visiting.
- Be tolerant and respect diversity, observe social and cultural traditions and practices.
- Take necessary measures to help preserve natural environments. Protect wildlife and habitats and do not purchase products that are made from endangered plants or animals.
- Try to travel using local transport available in the city. This will provide support to the locals. Rented cars, taxis can be some of the best options.
- Opt to stay in the eco-friendly hotels available in the city. It will positively affect the city to stay pollution-free.
- Being a responsible tourist, make sure not to cause any destruction to the heritage and cultural monuments. Keep them well maintained and avoid any scribbling on the walls.
Air Quality and Pollution
The air quality of the city is moderately safe. There are some regions where the pollution level keeps fluctuating, hence, necessary measures are required to control them. So, the government is working efficiently to keep the air quality level at a proper rate so that the city air remains good. Thus, various actions have been taken to decrease the amount of usage of such devices that causes more pollution. They are even asking the public to eliminate high fuel-based gadgets for regular use, besides, the same is considered for the public transports. With the help of these measures, they have managed to reduce pollution to a certain level. At the present date, the air quality, and pollution are very much in control. Therefore, you can plan a comfortable trip to Foshan, China.
Respect the Culture
Foshan has a rich heritage under which the art and cultural activities in Foshan will give you an insight into the city's history, traditions, and artwork. The city is a historical and cultural city of the nation. With a long history, the unique Lingnan traditional culture had been bred.
Historically, Foshan is one of the four famous towns in China. Also, it is known as the hometown of pottery, ceramics, martial arts, and Cantonese opera. It is also a famous city of the dragon boat and lion dance culture. Foshan Zumian Museum includes scenic spots such as the Zumiao Ancient Architectural Complex, which is a key cultural relic unit under state protection; the Confucius Temple, Huang Fei Hong Memorial Hall, and the Ip Man Tong. The museum displays the history of Foshan, martial art, Foshan folk art as the main theme. Every year, more than one million people visit Foshan Zumiao Museum and they are deeply attracted by its profound Taoist culture, Confucius culture, martial art culture, and traditional culture.
Throughout the year around, the city holds different kinds of interactive folk culture activities. The annual Dragon boat festival is celebrated every year on the 5th of May on the Chinese lunar calendar is a spectacular event where dragon boats are raced down the river. Also, the city hosts an Annual Spring and Flower market along the delta of River Zhejiang. A lot of locals and visitors come to the market and purchase the beautiful flowers and wish good luck to one another. Huang Fei Hong lion dance performance is a form of traditional dance in Chinese culture and other Asian countries in which performers mimic a lion's movements in a lion costume to bring good luck and fortune. It is usually performed during the Chinese New Year and other Chinese traditional, cultural, and religious festivals.
Besides, the city’s culture also includes martial art performance, Foshan Cantonese opera as well as the preschool children's enlightening ceremony in the Confucius Temple.
Top 10 Places to Visit
Located in the Northern part of the Pearl River, in Southern China, this city is a booming cosmopolitan city and is one of the best cities for tourist attractions. It holds several sites of attractions and people love to visit the place. It is because there you will get some beautiful spots that have the most attractive views for your holiday trip. Read further to know about some of the interesting spots that are worth visiting, during your tour to the city.
- Foshan Ancestral Temple – Also known as Foshan Zumiao, this is a Daoist temple in Foshan. It is a national AAAA tourist attraction approved by the China National Tourism Administration. It captures a million visitors at home and abroad every year with its well-preserved ancient construction complex and its luxuriant folk culture. Its culture includes Taoism culture, martial art, and folk art. There are also other interactive folk-custom activities such as the Foshan Martial Art Performance, Lion Dance, Cantonese Opera, and Preschool Children Enlightening Ceremony.
- Xiqiao Mountain – This 40 million-year-old extinct volcano is situated in the southwest of the Nanhai District, Foshan. The mountain is an important scenic area and designated as a national forest park and national geological park. It features unusual scenery with strange rock formations and a profusion of freshwater springs as well as 42 natural caves. In total, there are 232 springs and 28 waterfalls including the Yunya, one of the Eight Views of Guangzhou.
- Shiwan Ancient Pottery Center – Shiwan in Guangdong Province was ancient pottery and ceramic production center in past empires, and it is still known for its ceramics craftsmen. It is the center for ceramics production in Guangdong Province. The Chinese government considers it to be an important site to preserve. The main attraction of the town of Shiwan along with ceramic shops is the working Nanfeng Kiln. It is called the Nanfeng (means South Wind) Kiln because the opening faces south letting in the southern wind.
- Mt. Foshan Liang Park – This is one of the four most famous gardens of Guangdong Province and demonstrates a typical model of the gardens in South China of the Qing dynasty. It features complex buildings of residences, ancestral halls, and beautiful parks, which demonstrate a complete style of traditional Lingnan architecture. The site has been listed as the Key protection unit of cultural and historical relics of the province. The highlights of this place include historical structures, beautiful architecture, a waterfront marked with willows and pines, and diverse flora and fauna.
- Nanfeng Kiln – This is a tourist attraction in the Ancient Nanfeng Kiln Cultural and Creative Zone, which is located in Shiwan Town, Chancheng District in Foshan city. It is one of the eight attractions of Foshan, as well as a national key cultural relic’s protection units and AAAA level scenic spots. The main attractions are Shiwan Ceramics Museum, Shiwan Doll Street, International Ceramics Village, Ancient Stove Tree, The Lin's Hall, etc., with totally nine blessing spots that include the god of fire, Dragon Kiln, Yunyong Pavilion, God Banya, Scholars well, Beidi Temple, Tank Falls, WuDiShengGen, and Lovesickness Desk.
- Liang’s Garden – This is one of four famous gardens in Guangdong Province and contains residencies, pagodas, sculptures lakes with fine gardens of trees, shrubs, and flowers. It also includes the Twelve-Stone House, Fenjiang Thatched Cottage, and the Hanxiang House, among others. It is a traditional private garden that belongs to Liang's family and the garden was given cultural relic protection status by the Guangdong provincial government.
- Sanshui Lotus World – This is the largest lotus viewing tourist attraction in the world with the most abundant variety resources, lotus, integrating architecture, mobile games, sculpture, and hotels and catering. The park is located on the Southwest Street of Sanshui District, Foshan City. There are 480 rare Lotus Varieties in the lotus garden including space cultivated space Lotus and ancient lotus unearthed in Liaoning Province. The garden also consists of dozens of water lily varieties including those introduced from Taiwan, which can be viewed and eaten, as well as those with high medicinal value, and various rare aquatic plants.
- South China Sea Temple – This temple is located in Miaotou Village on the southern coast of China and is the largest building amongst the other four ancient temples of Sea God in China. The temple was rebuilt during the Qing Dynasty and is a symbol of prosperity. Many merchants from across the world who stopped at the dock worshipped the Sea God for good luck and safety. The inscriptions written by emperors, Bronze drums, the great palace, carved stones, the gate of Etiquette, the Zhaoling Palace, the pavilion of Courtesy, and Sunbath Pavilion are some of the highlights of this temple.
- Baoling Temple – Located in Taiping Mountain in Shunde District, this is a 1000-year-old temple, which borders the Desheng River on its left and is close to Qingyun Double Pagodas on the privilege. It is a famous Buddhist temple and is always full of worshippers from across the country. The must-see things of the temple include the Palace of the Heavenly King, Bell tower, Dining Hall, Nine-Dragon hall, Drum Tower, and Kwan-yin Palace. The gate of the temple has two giant, feral guardians, which can be seen while coming down from the stairs.
- Daqitou Village – Located in Foshan, this temple was built during the Qing dynasty and demonstrates the traditional Guangdong architectural style and culture. Besides, it is a representative village of the Guangdong province, which has been acknowledged as China’s cultural heritage. The houses in the village are designed in the typical Cantonese way, with three rooms and two corridors in every house. The Chinese culture Scholar’s four jewels can be seen through the village, which is depicted in the form of Pagoda, Pond, and the grounds.
Above are the mentioned top ten tourist attractions, which you can opt to pay a visit while traveling to Foshan. In addition, there are some other places in the city like parks and museums that you can consider checking out during your tour in the city. Here is a list of such places that you can explore.
- Mt. Shunfeng Park – This Park is located at the foot of Taping Mountain in Shunde District and provides the visitors and the locals with the view to enjoy the natural beauty and serene mountain that lies next to a natural lake. The entrance of this park has a huge impressive gate that looks amusing at night when it is completely brightened up with beautiful lights. Its Chinese architecture and engravings of dragons, lions, birds, and gods make it a must-visit place in the city.
- Sanshui Forest Park – Located in the north suburb of the southwest town of Sanshui District in Foshan, this park was established as a Sanshui Ecological Reserve. It has the largest Kongsheng Park in South China. Also, it has the Ruthless Valley, Manifesto Square, Chongyang Ancient Road, Crocodile Lake Zoo, Valley of Lovers, Mandarin Lake, and 80% of the forest cover. This forest park has perfect supporting facilities that include hotels, resorts, conference centers, grassland skiing, karting race track, barbecue ground, etc. It is a wonderful place for tourists to relax.
- Jinsha Beach – Located on the Jiangxin Island between the midstream and downstream stretches of Qingshan Town, Nanhai, this is a tourism center reputed as Nanhai’s Hawaii, which exclusively features beautiful natural scenery and entertainment. This small island is surrounded by clear, clean, and cold rivers, and is provided with a wide and plain sand beach. Besides, this beach is close up to Guangzhou, Foshan, and Sanshui, etc., presenting convenient traffic.
- Renshou Temple – This temple was originally found by Tantra and was later converted into a Buddhist Temple. The Ruyi Pagoda was made by Xuyun Rabbi and is full of various features. It has a statue of a female Buddha that was made by Guanhua Kiln in Shiwan, which is adorned with red and green ornaments. Further, the place is always full of Buddhist monks and followers from across the world.
- Wong Fei-hung Memorial Hall – This is a museum in memory of Wong Fei-hung and is located in Xinwen Street, Zumiao Road in the Chancheng District, Foshan City, north of the Foshan Ancestral Temple in Guangdong. Its architecture is in imitation Qing Dynasty style and includes an exhibition hall, auditorium, martial arts hall, and martial arts courtyards. In the exhibition hall, apart from introducing Wong Fei-hung's life story, there is also a comprehensive display of a variety of literary, artistic works as well as thousands of cultural relics relating to Wong Fei-hung.
Influenced by its diversity of local flavors and specialties, Foshan has created a rich variety of dishes and snacks and has formed its own food culture through hundreds of years of development and innovation. Foshan cuisine with strong local flavors is very popular among the tourists. Some of the most popular food include Yingji Yuntun Noodle (comes with piping hot soup, wontons and egg noodles, all garnished with a few chopped garlic chives), Crystal Ravioli, Braised cake with Bamboo Shoots, Number One Scholar's Porridge, Foshan Nine-layer Cake, Silkworm Catsup, Dexinzhai's Pot-stewed Trotter, and many more.
Dried Fish of Shiwan in Nanhai District is a traditional dish of Foshan. It is made of minced dace and is stirred with eggs, starch, salt, and water, which is made into lumps and then fried. Another popularly available dish is sliced frogs with walnuts and milt. It is a local dish and has a history of over one hundred years. Besides being mixed with various ingredients, this dish is savory and fragrant and suitable for eating at any time of year. Goose Palms with Orange Peel is also a famous dish offered in the city. It is made of goose palms, orange peel, and some seasonings. After frying, the goose palm is stewed for five hours and is considered a local noted specialty. Furthermore, the fried milk and Daliang Pheasant Roll are also excellent local dishes.
Traditional Local Restaurants
- Feast Signature Restaurant (Sheraton Shunde Hotel) – Located in Desheng Zhong Road, in the Shunde district of Foshan City, this restaurant is known for serving quality dishes. The restaurant offers a wide range of cuisines including Italian, Chinese, Fast Food, International, and the Mediterranean with a variety of menu options. With beautiful décor and a decent atmosphere, this is one of the must-visit restaurants in the city. Their remarkable presentation and flavorful food attract numerous customers. The staff and service are quite commendable too.
- Yi Cui Chinese Restaurant – This restaurant is situated in Wenhua Road, Longjiang Town, and is quite popular among the locals. They serve a variety of delicious Chinese cuisines that are worth trying. The décor is remarkable and the services are up to mark. You can opt to visit this place with your friends and family to enjoy the meals that include breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. Besides, the restaurants also serve good drinks menu.
Vegetarian and Vegan
- Little India Restaurant – Located in Fenjiang Zhong Road in Foshan, this vegan restaurant is listed among the top restaurants in the city. It is popular for serving Indian cuisines with great menu options starting from the starters to the desserts and drinks. Visitors have recommended this place as a great house to treat your hunger. They serve quality food and the ambiance is decent with attentive staff. You can opt to visit this restaurant for lunch and dinner.
- Curry Palace Indian Restaurant – This vegan restaurant is situated on East Avenue, Lecong Town Opposite Fortuna Hotel. They serve flavorful dishes at a reasonable price. This restaurant is known to serve great delicacies with the food menu option of Indian and Asian cuisine. With a decent atmosphere and simple ambiance, this place is a great choice to grab your meal with your family and friends. The staffs are well-trained and provide quick service.
Being a city in China, Foshan is popular for serving Chinese cuisines, besides its own Foshan cuisine. Hence, you will get a variety of dishes that are extensively available in the street and lanes of the city. Chinese dumplings called Jiaozi are common street food, which is filled with vegetables and/or meat and are shaped like ancient gold ingots. Besides, they are often shallow fried or deep-fried and eaten with a dip of soy-vinegar sauce for flavor. It is eaten all throughout the year, but more so on Chinese New Year.
Pai gu Nian Gao is essentially a Chinese dish with pork chops and fried rice cakes. In this, the Pork chop is marinated and boiled with oil, sugar, sauce, and ginger, while glutinous rice flour is ground into a paste, sliced into thin, small segments, wrapped around the pork chop, and then fried. Baozi is dough buns often filled with juicy meat such as barbecued pork and/or vegetables and steamed in steaming trays made of bamboo. There are many snacks available in Fosha, such as Daliang Bengsha, shuangpi milk, Xiaofeng cake, Nanhai Yusheng, Dafu cake, Sanshui Gouzai duck, sugar-stewed cotton cake, etc.
The alcoholic drinks in China. They include rice and grape wine, beer, and various liquors. Baijiu is a national Chinese drink that is distilled from fermented grains, usually sticky rice, sorghum, wheat, corn, and rice. Sinkiang Black Beer, also known as Xinjiang Black Beer, is a nut-scented hooch hails from northwest China. It has a strong flavor with a hint of brown sugar-like sweetness. Fusing Scotch whisky with sweetened, bottled green tea, this cross-cultural mix has a smooth and honeyed taste, and is one of the popular drinks offered across the country.
Jiuniang is a soup-like Chinese dish, which is actually unfiltered rice wine, but it has a very low alcohol content. C100 is China's version of electrolyte water. It is offered in a wide range starting from lemon to grapefruit flavors. One of the most popular soft drinks is the Pearl Milk Tea. It is widely available across the country and is a Taiwanese import that includes jelly or pudding-like bubbles in sweetened milk tea. It has a slightly bitter aftertaste. Tsingtao is the most recognized Chinese beer in the world. It is a lager with a high malt flavor and a hint of hops, which is easy to drink and does not leave a bitter aftertaste.
The quality of tap water in Foshan is moderately safe to drink. In some regions of the city, the water quality is not good enough for drinking. Hence, you are suggested to ask the locals about the quality of tap water that flows in different regions of the city. Further, you can consider using the bottled or mineral water that is easily available in the city at a reasonable price.
- Meow Café – This café is situated in Nan’guo East Road and is known for serving a great choice of coffee that has its own unique flavor. The environment of the cafe is very elegant and comfortable with the atmosphere of an artist. They also serve various drinks and snacks that are also very good. The price is affordable and the ambiance is quite pleasant. Hence, it is a good place to enjoy yourself with friends.
- Foshan Binguan Café – Located in FenJiang South Road, this café offers a great range of coffees that are not only preferred by the locals but also by the tourists. You can feel the essence of the roasted coffee beans that fill the place with its aroma. The ambiance is decent with a lovely atmosphere. They also have a variety of delicious desserts. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The price is reasonable too.
- San Miguel Brewery Inc. – San Miguel Brewery SMB is a subsidiary of San Miguel Corporation (SMC) and jointly owned by Kirin Holdings Co. Ltd. The company is the Philippines’ largest brewery, which also operates in China and Southeast Asia. The company produces a wide range of beer such as San Miguel Pale Pilsen, San Miguel Premium All-Malt Beer, San Miguel Super Dry, San Miguel Flavored Beer (available in Apple, Lemon and Lychee flavors), San Mig Zero, Cerveza Negra, and many other. The company also produces non-alcoholic beverages like Magnolia Fruit Drink, Magnolia Health Tea, Berri Juice, and San Mig Cola.
Indulged in Chinese culture and tradition, this city contains a vast number of historical attractions with lush nature parks. Bruce Lee’s ancestral home would be a great place to explore as it might seem like hallowed ground to the kung fu fans. There is also a wooden stake which is used for practicing kung fu and an incense burner table used to make sacrifices to Bruce Lee’s ancestors. Next is to visit the Wong Fei Hung Lion Dance Martial Art Center, where you can expect to see martial arts performances along with lion dances. If you are lucky, you may also catch a glimpse of the gigantic lion head carried by Wong Fei Hung in one of the lion dance competitions on display.
Further, you can consider visiting Bruce Lee Park, which is a one-stop theme park, built around the legacy of Bruce Lee. It is situated in Jun’an Town, Foshan and is surrounded by more than twenty green hills with flourishing vegetation. In addition, there are Bruce Lee Commemorative Museum, Cao Chong’en Sculpture Gallery, ecological farm, and other attractions. Further, the biggest statue of Bruce Lee in the world, as well as a stone-carved phoenix, is also situated here. Also, you can visit the Xiqiao Mountain National Park, which contains a giant Guanyin goddess atop the mountain with a view of the whole city. There are also caves to explore and a spectacular view of the whole city below. In addition, you will be able to explore the Bamboo Forest, Peach Garden, several lakes and a small cable car.
Yoga and Retreats
Doing yoga is said to be the best solution to get relief from the tiredness after a whole day’s journey in exploring the city. In just a few minutes of investing the time, you will get the desired result of relaxation and regain the energy. Foshan offers several yoga retreat centers that you can opt for according to your preference. Also, these yoga centers will assist you to feel more calm and energetic. Hence, you can consider being a part of the relaxing sessions.
As this city remains crowded with tourists throughout the year, the accommodation facility here is highly maintained and the lodging structure is truly engrossing. However, to keep the city pollution-free and reduce waste, this city offers some green hotels, besides apartments, hostels, and guest houses.
Green Hotels are widely available in the city and are very much in demand, especially among eco-friendly tourists. These hotels are known to play a positive role in the betterment of the city’s atmosphere, as they use natural sources for light and water. The cost of these hotels can be comparatively low or similar to the normal hotels available in the city. Further, they are known to provide all the basic facilities that any individual gets in an average hotel.
- Marco Polo Lingnan Tiandi Foshan
- Hilton Foshan
- Crown Plaza Foshan, an IHG Hotel
- InterContinental Foshan, an IHG Hotel
Hostels and Guest Houses
The hostels and guest houses available in the city are quite affordable. You will get almost all the basic benefits along with some extra benefits from them. Though there are some expensive guest houses and hostels available in Foshan, most of them are low-priced and pocket-friendly. In addition, these lodging systems are highly suitable for the ones, who are planning to stay in the city for two or three weeks.
- Foshan Guest Hotel
- Zhigao Hostel
- Anran Shiguang Youth Hostel
- High School Youth Hostel
There are many cheap to expensive apartments available in different ranges which provides some premium features to the tourists. Therefore, you can freely stay in the city for business purposes or for study as these lodging options are considered to be the best if your lodging duration is of more than a month. Apartments provide many advantages and benefits for tourists to stay comfortable during the tour.
- Yuwa Serviced Residence
- Bodun International Serviced Apartment
- The Glory Best Residence Apartment Hotel
- Lvxingjia Zhenpin Condo Hotel
This accommodation option is getting popular in the world and is available in almost all countries. It is the best way for tourists to save money and explore the culture more closely in the travel location. Foshan is one of the cities, where Couchsurfing is widely available. You will find many hosts in the country who are ready to provide shelter and food to other tourists.
There are no such specific camping grounds in the city. But the outskirts of the city and nearby neighboring locations might offer some camping grounds. These camping grounds provide the best hospitality and amenities that can ensure your stay be pleasant and relaxing as highly possible.
How to Get There
Airways is the most suitable and fastest way to get in the city as compared to others. If you are traveling from nearby cities, then you can prefer trains and buses that widely cover various regions in and around the city. The options of rental cars, taxis, and metro are also available to get in and around the city.
Airways is the most suitable and fastest way to get in the city as compared to others. If you are traveling from nearby cities, then you can prefer trains and buses that widely cover various regions in and around the city. The options of rental cars, taxis, and metro are also available to get in and around the city.
There are coaches that arrive in Foshan from Guangzhou every fifteen minutes. It takes approximately one hour to get there from Guangzhou. Coaches depart from the Guangfo Bus Terminal in Fangcun and serve both the Nanhai bus station and the downtown bus station in Chancheng district. There are also buses from most other cities in Guangdong as well as a handful of longer-distance services from Nanning and Guilin. However, for most long-distance destinations it is more convenient to travel to Guangzhou and then use the metro. Furthermore, if you are going to Nanhai District from Guangzhou, another option is to take a public bus from Fangcun Long Distance Bus Station (Metro Line 1 Kengkou station), where Yangchengtong cards are accepted, and reaches Nanhai Square through Pingzhou Town.
There is a train station in Foshan. The station is served mostly by local trains heading west towards Guangxi and Hainan. There are only a handful of trains in a day to Guangzhou, so if you are coming in from Guangzhou it is much more convenient to use buses or the metro.
As the city is well connected with roadways that link to other nearby locations, you will easily be able to hitchhike your way through the city. This will help you to gain some of the best experiences on your way to the city as there are plenty of views to admire along the way. Besides, you can cover the nearby distance with a comfortable ride and in short time duration.
The Guangfo Line is China's first intercity rapid transit line that connects Foshan to the Guangzhou subway system. The Guangfo line starts from Xilang and runs to Kuiqiang Lu in Foshan’s Chancheng district, running through Nanhai district.
The city provides you several options to visit the interior of the city. Being a tourist, you should always opt to go with the transportation options that will help you to spend less money and get the chance to explore more. Hence, you can opt for transport services like metro, taxis, buses, etc.
Walking around the city is one of the best ways of traveling when you want to explore the nearby market areas without missing anything. Also, walking down the lanes and streets will also help you to understand the culture of the city. It is not only the best eco-friendly mode of transportation but also the most common way to get around the city and explore the interiors.
Being an eco-friendly tourist you can prefer bicycling or motorcycle tours to explore some of the destinations in the city. Besides, it will help you to cover the nearby short distances.
The city provides few services of electronic vehicles that run across the city.
The public bus system is the most inexpensive way to get around the city. Most of the buses are modern and air-conditioned. However, the bus system is only recommended if you are familiar with the routes and the city or if you know which bus to take and which stop to get off.
Tram, Train and Subway
The train service available in the city offers services of getting in the city. Besides, the metro lines serve for both getting in around the city.
Opting for sustainable shopping helps to shop lovely things at low costs and decreases the waste of the city. You will be able to see some of the popular markets in the city that offer antique and vintage items. From clothes to accessories, you will find various types of items while exploring these markets.
The local market is known to sell locally produced food products. The city also holds meat and fish markets, where you will get a variety of meats and fishes. The food market of the city remains crowded by the locals as well tourists.
Foshan folk arts have unique features that offer tens of artistic items like paper-cut, binding item, color lantern, Qiuse, wood New Year pictures, paintings, and handwritings that are made with the techniques of cutting, engraving, puffing, sculpting, casting, painting, and sticking. The Foshan folk arts are popular among people for their local styles.
Second Hand Stores
There are many thrift stores located in the city. These stores are run for charitable purposes. Hence, you are recommended to visit these stores to supports the locals of the city.
The city holds some of the stores and shops that sell eco-fashion clothes. Further, they are launched to provide an alternative to chemically treated clothing. Hence, it is considered to be a part of the sustainable clothes that are highly produced by various brands.
The country as a whole has started this process early and the waste products of the country are gathered for the recycling process. Hence, the government is planning to increase the recycling product percentage to bring change to the country. They have taken various measures in the last few years to recycle as much they can and make the country free from wastes.
The country has taken the necessary steps to improve the environment and reduce waste collection. Their efficient work to collect the wastes from the different regions of the city and then send them for treatment has positively helped in the waste management program. Somehow, they had made a lot of progress in a short time.
Work and Study Abroad
Besides being popular for having a lot of attractions for tourism, the city is also known for offering various types of jobs are also available in the city. Furthermore, the city provides various educational facilities. The colleges are available in the city offer benefits like exchange students that help the students to study in the country at a low cost.
The facility of an exchange student is getting popular around the world. Therefore, an exchange student program is highly served by the colleges and universities of the city. They assist to provide an effective way of education to foreign students from across different countries.
Au pair is a useful job service that provides a good source of income for outsiders. The options of au pair in the city are quite helpful for the people who came to earn a living in the city. The benefit of this facility is that it provides you the convenience to be able to get shelter, food, and money.
Many people love to participate in the social events organized under volunteering. The city also conducts various volunteering work across the city. This will also help you to gain a lot of knowledge about the local people, their culture, their traditions, and many such other things.