Eco-friendly travel guide to Giza advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Giza, Egypt.
- Air quality: 3.9 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 4 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 3.9 / 5
- Public transportation: 4 / 5
- Parks: 4 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 4.1 / 5
- Locals' English level: 3.9 / 5
- Safety: 4 / 5
- Accommodation: US$150 - $200
- Budget per day: US$110 - $150
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Being the land of pyramids, this Egyptian city is located on the western bank of the River Nile near Cairo. To be specific, Giza is a plateau in the southwest of modern Cairo and is the capital city of Giza Governorate. Being home to iconic Egyptian monuments, Giza has three tall pyramids, which were built as royal mausoleums in ancient times. The three pyramids include the Great Pyramid, which is King Khufu’s tomb and the largest pyramid among the three. The next popular site in Giza is the Great Sphinx, which is a huge sculpture of a man’s head on a lion’s body, and the Solar Boat Museum, which portrays a restored cedar barge that was found buried near the Great Pyramid. The reason behind the Giza pyramids establishment was to serve it as a tomb for King Khufu, who was the Fourth Dynasty Egyptian pharaoh. These historical monuments depict the Egyptian culture that is famous all across the world. To contribute your role as a responsible tourist, you should opt to visit the local shops and restaurants. This will also provide support to the local economy of the city. Refer using public transport to tour around the interior of the city. Roadways are well connected to the lanes, which will provide you a convenient source of transport in the city. Opt for staying in eco-friendly green hotels available in the city. It will help you and the city to control the pollution rate. Make sure you do not cause any destruction to the historical monuments. Keep them well maintained and avoid writing or drawing on the walls of the ancient preservations. Make sure not to carelessly use the resources available across the city. Instead, try to preserve it for the locals so they can use it in the future use. The city has national parks and city parks as well, which you can opt to scout while exploring the city. You can enjoy the beauty of nature and have fun in a fresh atmosphere. Being a responsible tourist, you should always choose the local things offered by the city. Consider using buses, taxis, or maritime systems to scout all the major destinations in and around the city.
Air Quality and Pollution
The rise in the level of polluted air is a crucial thing, that everyone is tensed about. The harmful gas impurities present in the air affects negatively the health of the people and the nature of the city. The air quality of Giza is moderately polluted. The authorized body took the responsibility to measure and monitor the various types of automatic and non-automatic networks that are causing harm to the environment. The government has also asked the citizens of the city to contribute their role positively to reduce the number of pollutants present in the air. Therefore, the governments have taken necessary measures to control the pollution in the region, which are on the list of poor air quality and high pollution level. For this, they are trying to omit the machines that generate harmful gases. These gases not only increase the pollution rate but also affects the health of human beings. Therefore, following certain effective steps will help them to ensure that the air quality level gets better as soon as possible. As a result, the country is constantly improving day by day. And in today’s date, the pollution level has decreased as compared to the past reports. So, you can plan your trip to Giza without getting worried.
Respect the Culture
Besides being the third-largest city of Egypt, Giza is also the site of most of the impressive monuments in the world. Storing the complex of ancient Egyptian royal mortuary and sacred structures along with a number of pyramids and temples, the city has always been the focal point of Egyptian history. Other than the Great Pyramid and the Sphinx, Giza also has monuments such as the tomb of Pharaoh Nynetjer of the Second Dynasty and the tomb of Pharaoh Djet of the First Dynasty. With all these historical sites, the city is believed to be a thriving center of Egyptian culture. Contemporary festivals and folklore celebrations are also held which portrays the culture of the whole country uniquely. Giza is also famous for its Abu Simbel Sun Festival, which is celebrated in the month of January, February, and October. Another festival celebrated in Giza is the Coptic Christmas, which is celebrated with enthusiasm. It reflects the culture of Egyptian Civilization. In today’s modern era, the city is one of the leading system integrators and engineering services (IT/BPO) companies in Egypt, the Middle East, and Africa. Besides, the Al-Ahram Squash Festival held in the month of June is an international competition, which includes a glass squash court built in front of the Giza pyramids. The Cairo International Film Festival is another thing that attracts loads of crowd to visit Giza. This Festival is held from the last week of November until the first week of December. It displays the films that are submitted by the regional and international directors.
Top 10 Places to Visit
Presenting the historical part of the Egyptian Civilization, this city has several places that you as a tourist must visit. The beautiful and splendid sites will make built up some new experiences with new architectural knowledge. Hence, here is a list of the top 10 places which is worth visiting during your tour to this Egyptian city, Giza.
- Pyramids of Giza – The pyramids of Giza are the oldest among the Seven Wonders of the World. Consisting of three vast pyramids, namely the Great Pyramid of Khufu, Pyramid of Kahfre, and the Pyramid of Menkaure. The great pyramid is the most colossal single building ever constructed on the planet. The core of this pyramid is made of blocks of yellowish limestone. These three pyramids are surrounded by the extensive fields of flat-topped funerary structures known as mastabas that are arranged in a grid pattern.
- Great Sphinx – This tremendous sculpture is a statue of reclining Sphinx, carved out of natural limestone. It presents a mythical creature having a body of a lion and the head of a pharaoh human. Constructed facing from west to east direction, this Great Sphinx of Giza stands on the Giza plateau on the west bank of River Nile. The purpose of this great Sphinx is to protect the pyramids and destroy the pharaoh’s enemies who tried to rob the tomb. This sculpture represents the Egyptian god, who guard the tombs and temples.
- Saqqara Pyramids – These pyramids are also spelled as Sakkara or Saccara, which is an extensive, ancient burial ground in Egypt. It serves as the necropolis for Memphis, an ancient Egyptian capital. The step pyramid at Saqqara has a significance in understanding the antiquity of pyramids. It is also believed to be the first pyramid built in Egypt.
- Pyramid of Dahshour – This pyramid complex consists of pyramids from the Fourth and Twelfth Dynasties such as the Southern Pyramid, or Bent Pyramid, and the Red Pyramid. This pyramid makes up the royal necropolis from ancient times. The fact about one of the pyramids namely the Bent Pyramid is that it was built by the father of Pharaoh Khufu.
- Statue of Ramses II – This statue portrays the standing figure of Ramesses II. Found by Giovanni Battista Caviglia at the Great Temple of Ptah near Memphis in Egypt, this statue is made from red granite. It is more than 3000 years old and weighs about 20 tonnes.
- Valley of Whales – It is an open-air museum, located in the protected area of Wadi el-Rayan. Here you will see thousands of fossilized shells, walking cetacean skeletons, and cetaceans that lie under the sand of the grounds of the city. Basically, this museum displays the archaeological findings of the whale bones.
- Pharaonic Village – This is a theme park that offers a glimpse of Egyptian life. This Pharaonic village consists of museums beside the cruise tour where you can see some demonstrations of the occupations that were held by the people at the pharaonic time. These occupations include producing perfumes, Burdi and fishing, etc. It is a very interesting and educational place. Hence, you can prefer taking your children to gain knowledge on the lifestyle of ancient pharaohs.
- Wissa Wassef Art Centre – This art center is known to teach art especially tapestries to the young Egyptian villagers. Situated in the Harrania district of Giza, this center believes that children are blessed with creative power and potentiality. This place is truly admirable. It provides a workshop for the weavers where you can see the complete weaving process.
- Egypt Papyrus Museum – This museum portrays the way the Egyptians used to write and make records. It displays the legendary relics of the Old Kingdom of Egypt. Visiting this place will help you to gain knowledge about ancient Egypt.
- Gizeh Plateau – Located on the outskirts of Cairo, this plateau has the Great Pyramid, the Sphinx, many cemeteries, an industrial complex, and a worker’s village.
As you have almost known about the ten tourist attractions where you can opt to pay a visit. Apart from these, there are some other places in the city like parks and museums that you can consider visiting. Here is a list of such places to explore.
- II Campo – Located on the Manial Shiha Misr Assiut Agricultural Road, this park has several activities that you can enjoy with your friends and family. Kayaking, paddling, barbeque options make it a perfect place to spend your day chilling and relaxing in the city. The option of fishing is also available here. With good staff and a friendly environment, this park attracts loads of crowd including locals as well as tourists.
- Wiiwii’s Farm – This is an organic farm where olives and seasonal vegetables are grown. Located on the Alexandria Desert Road, this farm will provide the atmosphere where you can free yourself from the busy city life and get connected to nature along with trees, birds, and animals. You can consider enjoying the farm tour and eat a delicious breakfast and BBQ.
- White Desert – This is a national park of white calcium rock formations in the Sahara desert. This area is known for possessing some of the rarest landscapes and geological formations in the whole country. Another treasure trove of wonderment is the straggly protectorate in the Farafra depression in western Egypt. These spectacular sights are jaw-dropping and must-visit.
- Giza Zoo – Situated in Charles De Gaulle Street, this zoological garden is decorated historically and is a perfect place for children’s fun. You will get see various animals like lions, bears, leopards, hyenas, hippopotamus, giraffe, and others.
- Ain El-Sokhna – This is the closest beach area in Cairo. Located on the Red Sea, this beach has amazing sights. You sand spend your day on the shining beach and enjoy the sparkling water complimenting the nearby scenery.
- Egypt Historical Tours – The charm of the River Nile along with the amazing sightseeing, and the beautiful desert, the lush delta with its eternal history are some of the fabulous views one should visit and admire. The Egypt Historical Tours will help you to get to the depth and the heart of the country, with an incredible traveling experience.
- The Egyptian Renaissance Sculpture – Located on Charles De Gaulle Street, this granite sculpture is an important part of the modern heritage of Egypt. It is a sheer brilliance of art installed opposite to the Giza zoo.
- Giza Solar Boat Museum – This museum was constructed to dedicate the displaying of the reconstructed Khufu solar ship. Originally, this boat was used for the funeral rites of the pharaoh Khufu. It is a model of the solar barge and is an intact full-size vessel from ancient times that was sealed into a pit in the Giza pyramid complex.
- The Great Egyptian Museum – This museum is the largest archaeological museum in the world. Also known as the Giza Museum, it will display the artifacts of Egyptian Civilization including the complete Tutankhamun collection. One of the main features of this museum is the translucent stone wall that is made of alabaster. It makes up the front facade of the building. Further, inside the main entrance of the museum is a large atrium, where large statues will be exhibited.
This historical city of Egypt, Giza is popular with Egyptian dishes that are full of flavors. Ful is the most common street snack in the whole country. It is a paste of mashed fava beans flavored with garlic and olive oils. It is served in large copper pots and is sometimes filled in the pockets of pitta bread. With a lip-smacking taste, this dish is very popular among the locals. Another staple street food of Egypt is the Tamiya, which is made with mashed fava beans and parsley. They are mold in shapes (usually flat than ball-shaped) and is eaten as a sandwich with salad. A combined dish that includes rice, macaroni, and brown lentils known as Koshari is also a popular dish offered by the regions of the country. It is topped with spicy sauce and fried onions to enhance the authentic flavor of the dish. Other dishes include shawarma, kebabs and koftas, Mulukhiyah which is a soup made from mallow leaves, Hammam, baked sweet potato, Hawawshi, Sayadiyah Fish, and lots more. The city is also popular for serving a variety of Egyptian desserts. Mahalabiya is a delicate rosewater-flavored ground rice dessert, which is topped with toasted nuts and cinnamon. This dessert is not only liked by the locals but also by the tourists. Another delicious one is the Um Ali which is similar to the English bread and butter pudding but is less soft and spongy due to been made with local dry bread. Roz bi laban is rice pudding is also a famous dessert of the region which is always served cold. Other sweets and desserts offered by the city are baklavas, Feteer Mashaltet, Kunafeh, Basbousa, etc.
Traditional Local Restaurants
- Vivo Restaurant – Located in Corniche El Nil Street, this restaurant is famous for serving Italian dishes. They provide quality food at a reasonable price. The staffs are also well trained and friendly. You can opt to try Chicken Alfredo, steak with mashed potatoes, smoked salmon pizza, and other delicacies. The organized sitting arrangements with a pleasant atmosphere will make you spend more time here. They provide menu options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner along with drinks options.
- Osmanly Restaurant – This restaurant is located in the Ahmed Ragheb Street Garden City in Giza. Popular for serving various cuisine like the Mediterranean, Turkish, and European, this restaurant is quite popular among the locals. They serve quality food that is flavourful and delicious. With friendly staff and beautiful décor, this is one of the best-known restaurants in the city. The price of the dishes are affordable and provides options for lunch and dinner. It also servers for late night.
Vegetarian and Vegan
- The Blue Restaurant & Grill – Known for serving quality vegan dishes, this restaurant is located in the Ahmed Ragheb Street Garden City. With a wide variety of vegan and gluten-free options, they serve foods for breakfast, lunch, brunch, and dinner. Besides, it’s a calm and cozy environment you will experience great service and hospitality from the staff members. You will also get a drinking facility here. The restaurant may be a little expensive but you won’t get disappointed.
- Culina – Visitors have marked this place as one of the best ones for enjoying super delicious foods. Located in the Corniche El Nil Street, The Nile Ritz-Carlton Downtown, this place serves the best local cuisines besides, Mediterranean, Eastern European, International, and Egyptian dishes. The staffs are well-trained and friendly. With a good atmosphere, the restaurant also provides options of an open buffet.
- Terlla – Situated in the Zahraa Al Maadi, this place serves fantastic street food. You will get to tastes a variety of traditional food such as Kebda and Hawawshe. Besides, you will also get burger options. The price is quite reasonable. The staffs are friendly and they serve the best options possible.
- 3 Masters Coffee Shops – Located in the Tiba Towers beside Star Gym - Faisal El Mariouteya, this place serves great street foods. You will also get the option in Arabic, Mediterranean, and Egyptian dishes. The foods served here are lip-smacking and full of flavors. They also provide the facility of delivery and takeaway options. This place mainly has family gathering spots, besides providing the outdoor seating facility too. You can also consider this place for dining with the enjoyment of live music.
Almost every tourist prefers drinks when they are on the journey to scout the interiors of the city. And what would be best other than the locally available drinks offered by the city? Giza serves the fine quality of beers. There is an interesting history behind beer being the most available drink in Giza. It is said that this alcohol was served as laborers' drink to the pyramid workers. Each worker was allotted one and one-third gallon of beer. Limoon is another famous drink of Giza. It is basically a lemonade that is considered the best refreshing summer drink. The drink named Sahlab is a popular winter drink that is made from the starch in the ground bulb of an orchid, mixed with other ingredients to make it flavourful. You will get to taste this anywhere in Egypt. Another popular drink is called Yansun. This drink is an aniseed flavor drink that is often used for treating cold and other throat problems. Other drinks offered by the city includes Karkade (made with dry hibiscus petals), Egyptian Sobia drink (famous traditional drink usually found in Ramadan), the Khoshaf (another Ramadan drink made from raisins, figs, and dates), Helba (drink made with fenugreek), belila (drink made from wheat and hot milk), kerfa (ground cinnamon tea), Qamar Al-Din, and Homs Al-Sham. The city also serves tea, coffee, and a wide range of fresh fruit juices.
The tap water of Giza is not safe to drink. . As the leaves the sewage treatment plant, there is a chance that it picks the pollutants on the way to the tap. Therefore, necessary measures have been taken to improve the water quality. Further, you are recommended to ask the locals and hotel staff about the quality of water before using it. The best would be to look for mineral bottled water, which you can purchase from any shop in the city. The bottled water is easily available across the city and does not cost much.
- ZEN Café & Lounge – Located in the Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, Corniche El Nil, this café serves one of the best coffee in the city. With gluten-free and vegan options, this place offers international dishes. Besides being vegetarian-friendly, the café has an amazing décor. The foods served here are good and taste superb. Along with providing a calm atmosphere, it also offers dishes at a reasonable price.
- El Feshawy Café – Situation on the Misr Helwan Agriculture Road, this café is known for offering an Egyptian food menu besides serving as a café. The fine ambiance and live Arabic music not only attract the local crowd but also the tourists. Said to be the perfect place to relax with a fine cup of coffee. You can also opt for the famous Turkish coffee served here. The prices are reasonable and the environment is quite friendly.
There is no such specific brewery in Giza. But there are restaurants, clubs, and pubs that serve quality beer that has its own unique taste.
Giza is known for holding on to a famous ancient monument that is counted in the list of the Seven Wonders of the World. It also has several other ancient sights that you can admire because of its architectural structure. This includes the great sphinx of Giza, Pyramid of Kafre, Pyramid of Menkaure, museums, statues, and others. While scouting the pyramids you can opt to go inside them band seed the interior that includes a chamber where the bodies were graved. Besides, you will also come across narrow corridors and empty rooms, which were once robbed and left barren. There are some activities that you can prefer to do besides, sightseeing. You can visit the Pharaonic village to understand the lifestyle of the Pharaohs in ancient Egypt. Next, you can go for Nile Crystal Dinner Cruise on the Nile. Here you can enjoy the beautiful view of the city from the cruise as it sails along the river. This cruise also offers various entertainment shows such as belly dance, Tanura show, and music band performance along with the facility of fine dining. You can also consider seeing the sound and light show held at the Pyramids of Giza. The amazing evening indulged with the lighting effects makes the whole site look mesmerizing. Hence, you should definitely try to be a part of this show.
Yoga and Retreats
Getting tired after a whole day's journey in exploring the city, make you restless. Hence the best solution for this is to be a part of the yoga retreats offered by the city. It will help you to gain your energy besides providing you a peaceful mind. The city, Giza offers several yoga centers that you can opt for according to your preference. You can also meditate after the yoga session. You can check the details online and in just a few minutes of investing the time, you will get the desired result of calmness and be energetic.
Accommodation is the most vital requirement when you are planning to travel to another place. This facility helps you to get a place where you can stay while your visit to city or country. It is a place where you can spend a peaceful time and get relief from your tiredness. As this city Giza, remains crowded with tourists throughout the year, the accommodation facility here is highly maintained. They provide you all essential necessities that are commonly needed. Further, you will find accommodations ranging from expensive to cheap ones. You can choose them according to your preference. The options of accommodation include green hotels, apartments, hostels, and guest houses.
Green hotels are hotels that focus on sustainability and involves it in their business. These hotels provide eco-friendly ways to serve the customers. They work on the measures that are beneficial to keep the atmosphere clean. The amenities of these hotels are similar to an average hotel. They prefer providing hotels that range from high to low price depending on the surplus facilities or premium requirements. Here are some of the popular green hotels available in the city. • Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at The First Residence • Swiss Inn Pyramids Golf Resort • Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx • Safir Hotel Cairo • Helnan Dreamland Hotel
Hostels and Guest Houses
Opting for hostels and guest houses would be a great choice if you are planning to stay in the city for few weeks. These lodging facilities provide all the facilities that are offered by the hotels. But for several days stay, this is a good option as the price is comparably lower than any hotel. Hence, you can check out the hostels and guest houses online and book them accordingly. Here are some of the well-known hostels and guest houses that can be considered for staying. • City Pyramid Inn • Horus Guest House Pyramids View • Queen Pyramids View Inn • Gardenia Pyramids Hostel • Pyramids Loft Homestay
For those who are planning to stay in the city for business purpose or for studying, apartments would be the best choice. These lodgings are available for more than a month's stay. Besides, it will be convenient to move freely without letting others other. These apartments are available on a rental basis and range from low to high prices. You will get all the required facilities here. Some of the rental apartments offered by the city are given below. • Golden Pyramids Inn • Happy Days Pyramids View • Royal Pyramid Inn • Cairo Apartments • Emmy’s Villa Cairo Egypt
Couchsurfing is offered by the city. For those who are willing to save money on lodging, this is a good option. This lodging facility is provided by the people who have their homes in the city. In this, you get the option to share the home of the ones who belong to this city. They provide all the basic necessities. So, you can opt to look for this facility beforehand to get a confirmation.
Camping is the perfect way to stay close to nature and enjoy the vacation in a unique style. The city has one camping ground, named Badry Sahara Camp, where you can enjoy your time in Bahariya oasis. You will get to see lots of agriculture and green palm trees that are spread throughout. The camp provides good service and hospitality that includes blankets, tea, and flavourful meals. The huts provided for camping stays are quite comfortable and contains all the required things.
How to Get There
There are various transportation options available in the city. This includes cars, bikes, and taxis. These convenient modes of transport will help you to make your journey more interesting. If you are traveling from one city to another you can opt for using bus services that widely run in and around the city. Further, you can also use the airways and railways to get in the city. Being the fastest means of transport, planes will help you to reach the destination on time.
Sphinx International Airport is a public airport that serves transportation facilities through airways in the city. It is located on the western side of Cairo in Egypt. Other airports located near the Pyramids are Sharm el-Sheikh, Tel Aviv, and Hurghada.
The bus network of Giza is highly extensive. But, it provides the facility to travel within the city and nearby locations. For tourists, they have a special bus that serves the tourists to get to the famous destinations inside the city. Traveling by bus can be a bit tiring, but it is pocket friendly as compared to the other modes of transport. The bus system of the city is highly maintained and ensures a safe and comfortable ride.
Ramses Railway Station in Cairo links Giza and other nearby stations in Egypt. Further, there are other railways that serve different routes connecting Giza with other locations. The city is working to build up a new railway station in Giza. The name of this railway station is Bashteel Railway Station.
Hitchhiking is quite a popular mode of traveling to nearby locations. The city provides the facility of taking lifts from the locals who are heading towards the preferred locations. Usually, this mode of traveling is free, but sometimes it might be chargeable too. But, traveling through this way will help you to gain a whole new experience and assist you to meet new people. Hence, you can cover nearby distance through this mode of transportation.
The city offers other means of transport which include taxis and public transports. You can also opt to travel inside the city on your two feet. The facility of metro lines is also available in the city. Besides, you have the option of taxis and bikes.
Getting an idea about the various types of transportation available in the city will help you get familiar with transport services. Therefore, the city Giza provides you several options to scout the interior of the city. Being a tourist, you need to use your mind cleverly as you have less amount of time in your hand and a lot more to explore. Hence, opting for transport services like bicycles, cars, trains, buses, etc. will be a lot helpful.
One of the best ways to scout the corners of the city is by walking. This will help you to explore the market areas efficiently without skipping anything around. Further, this means of traveling is eco-friendly. Also, it helps you to understand the culture of the city as you come across the locals very often. It will also help you to gain more knowledge about the lifestyle of the locals and the way they conduct their lives. You can also do shopping more attentively as you walk down the lanes of the market.
The facility of bikes or bicycles are available in the city but for fun purposes and adventure tours that are available in Giza. You can use these for mountain biking offered by the city.
The Egyptian Ministry of Tourism offers electric cars and buses to scout around the pyramids and other archaeological sites in the country.
The city offers a wide facility for public transports. The CTA bus that runs from central Cairo is the most favorable way to get to the Giza Pyramids. It also helps you to explore other tourist sites in the city. Another effective public transport is the microbuses. This is cheaper and provides the experience of ordinary buses. It is connected to three lanes and operates to grant services for pyramid and museum scouting.
Tram, Train and Subway
The city provides metro line 2 that runs from Cairo to Giza. The Giza metro is located at this line. Other stations located on the same line are Sadat, Attaba, and Naguib. This metro line will help you reach Giza directly.
Buying anything item from the city for your loved ones is remarked as a token or gift is taken from the city. Thus, shopping is an important part of traveling. The city of Giza offers several stores and shops that offer various unique items that one can consider buying as a memory of the city. Hence, the facility of sustainable shopping is highly offered by the city.
The food market of the city is spread across Cairo. It includes Fish Market, El Arab Markets, and other supermarkets that serve food items to the people of the city. You should opt to visit these markets to see the variety of food products that are commonly available in the city.
The city offers various flea and street markets that are worth visiting. This includes Topaz Bazar, Upper Sky Tours, The heart of kmt, Dandy Mega Mall, and others. There are several gift shops where you will get amazing items for your loves ones, theses shops include Gallery Mansour, Souk al Fustat, Atef Wassef Silver, Tour De Egypt, Tent Market, and others.
Second Hand Stores
The city offers various stores that are located in the Cairo regions. Some of the popular thrift stores near the city are Retro Cairo, Kvell Vintage, Paris - Le Caire Vintage, Good old Thrift Store, and others. These stores offer second-hand items at a reasonable price. You will get notebooks, accessories, and other vintage clothing items.
The city also offers sustainable clothes that are manufactured using the raw materials that are obtained from organic plants. The use of natural dyes is considered. These clothes positively affect the environment and keep it eco-friendly. Further, sustainable clothes are very much in demand and many fashion brands are opting for this eco-fashion business.
Giza is taking several measures to recycle waste products. These recycled products are turned into new items that are usable. Also, recycling helps to reduce the toxins that harm the environment. Thus, this is an effective way to preserve nature.
The unused products left or throw in the trash cause harm to the atmosphere. Thus, the city is working on a project to reduce the production of wastes. There are workers who collect these waste materials, which are further monitored for recycling. Due to the waste management system, the city is moving ahead to reduce the hazards generated from the waste.
Work and Study Abroad
The city provides the facility of education to the locals as well the outsiders. Further, the scope of conducting work is also wide offered by Giza and the nearby locations.
The exchange student is an effective way of education. The students of the foreign countries are offered various education program at the same college fees. This education system helps the students to enhance their skills and get the acquired course that would be suitable to build the career.
The city offers the facility of au pair to the people who came to earn a living in the city. In this, the person works for a host family and in return gets money to survive well in the city. So, if you consider visiting the city for earning you can easily get the facility of au pair.
Several volunteering programs are offered by the city, where you can participate as a helping hand. These volunteering programs include teaching, pet caring, taking care of children in hospitals, helping in the preservation of the pyramids, and others.