Eco-friendly travel guide to Gold Coast advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.
- Air quality: 4.5 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 4.2 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 4.1 / 5
- Public transportation: 4.4 / 5
- Parks: 3.9 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 3.7 / 5
- Locals' English level: 4.0 / 5
- Safety: 4.4 / 5
- Accommodation: US$76 - $126
- Budget per day: US$107 - $254
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Gold coast is a coastal city in Queensland, Australia. It is located approximately 65 kilometers in the south of Brisbane. The city has a population of more than 679,000 as of June 2019. Gold coast is among the largest cities in Australia, placing it as the second-largest city. The climate in this part of the region is the main reason behind its popularity among tourists. The town hosts world-class surfing beaches, theme parks, high-rise dominated skyline, and nightlife. The city was initially named south coast because it was in the south of Brisbane, the capital city, but due to the hyperinflation of products and services in the region, it was nicknamed Gold coast. The most significant industry in this region is tourism. Over nine million foreign and domestic tourists visit this city annually. The number has been a substantial boost for the city's economy and the Australian nation at large. The town includes localities, towns, suburbs, and rural districts inhabited by residents. The residents are much welcoming and super friendly. The most common language is English, accounting for over 60% of the population, while Christianity is the prominent religion accounting for over 50 %. While exploring different places and the general idea of tourism is great, it is also harmful for the environment because of the way tourists travel today. It is of utmost importance to be a responsible traveller especially when we are at the verge of a climate disaster.
- Say no to plastic: One of the most effective ways of responsible travelling is not using any plastic bags. Plastic bags take more than 500 years to biodegrade and that should give you an idea of how harmful they are for the environment. Always carry a reusable bag when you are travelling so you can use it for groceries, shopping etc.
- Road over air: If it is possible to get to your destination via road then do not take a flight. Not only will that help in a massive reduction of your carbon footprint but will also protect the environment from harmful carbon emissions caused by airplanes.
- Eco friendly travel agent: There are plenty of eco friendly travel agents who are doing a wonderful job planning trips that are safer for the environment by booking green hotels, choosing the most eco friendly way of travelling and educating the travellers about the impact of their actions on the planet.
- Travel in a more sustainable manner: This means adopting eco friendly habits like using metal straws and reusable cutlery, terminating the use of plastic be it shopping bags, cups, bottles etc. While this may come off as a very insignificant step but it makes a huge impact not only in reducing your carbon footprint but also helping the environment and specially the sea life. They are the ones that suffer the most from the use of plastic and it disrupts the entire eco system.
- Keep the beaches clean: Picking up after yourself on the beach should go without saying, but just take a look around the sand the next time you're by the shore—obviously someone didn't get the memo. Stray bottles, cans, bags, and napkins can be ubiquitous along waterways, and even just one piece of litter can pose a problem. This garbage can be picked up by the wind, get stuck around the necks of birds and other animals, and carried back out to sea by the tides. Keep anyone in your party accountable for their messes, and if you encounter some trash that isn't yours, pick it up anyway and throw it away.
- Try to ride bicycles more than rented cars: This will not only help in reducing noise and air pollution but it will also help keeping you fit and healthy. Rented cars and private vehicles only add to the problem of pollution but at the same time they also deprive you from truly experiencing the place and discovering the little nook and crannies.
- Support the local economy: Shop local and eat local food. It will help the local people who usually have a very sustainable business model and organic things to sell and it will also help you in learning about the local culture.
Air Quality and Pollution
Gold coast air quality experiences occasional shorter pollution events such as wildfires and dust storms. The primary pollutant that raises concern in this part of the region is particulate matter. Particulate matter is hazardous to human health since it contains small enough particles to be inhaled deep into the human system and cause health problems. The other leading causes of air pollution on the gold coast are industrial activities and vehicles. The short term effects caused by the polluted air include eye irritation and shortness of breath. Long term effects include premature mortality and lung cancer. Gold coast has an average of AQI 20 according to IQAir.
Respect the Culture
Gold coast is culturally diverse, with one in every three residents is born overseas. This diversity has brought new and innovative skills to the region. Cultural diversity has also allowed for international partnerships. The city has partnered with community groups, government agencies, and multicultural services to create an inclusive and welcoming community for visitors and residents. The Gold Coast population is a mixture of Chinese, Japanese, Italians, Spanish and Portuguese. The primary religion is Christianity, followed by Buddhism, Islam, and Hinduism. To better understand the gold coast culture, you can visit some of the many museums around.
Top 10 Places to Visit
- Dreamworld: This is one of the most incredible theme parks to go with kids. Here you can take rides and grab drinks and foods from the local cafes. You will also get a chance to learn about the native Australian wildlife and aboriginal culture.
- Surfers' paradise: This is among the famous destination on the gold coast. The place is guarded all through the year by lifeguards due to the sharks. While you can surf, jog or take a stroll, there are also fantastic bars and nightlife around.
- Corrumbin wildlife sanctuary: This is a very cool place to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and spend a day. The rainforest is home to many incredible animals, including koalas and kangaroos. It's a great place to visit with family.
- Sky point observation deck: Gold coast hosts one of the most iconic skylines in this region. It is also the most identical landmark of the gold coast. There are plenty of things you can do here, including taking some pics. For those afraid of heights, this might be a no-go zone.
- Wet 'n' wild: This is one of the popular holiday destinations for families. The place offers a lot to keep children and adults engaged. The site has relaxing rivers and a great place for the little ones to play.
- Springbrook national park: This is a fantastic outdoor to visit while in the gold city. The place offers hiking and wildlife watching. While coming here, carry yourself a swimsuit since the park has excellent swimming spots. Also, take some hiking boots and binoculars to watch the birdlife.
- Miami Marketta: This is a great place to try the local foods of the residents of the gold coast. The site hosts over 20 vendors to choose from. The foods are delicious and at friendly prices. While here, also try their cocktails.
- Warner Bros Movie World: Here kids come face to face with superheroes, see stunt shows, ride roller coasters, and immerse themselves into 3D interactive rides. The place is great for family visits.
- Cavil avenue: This is a mall located in surfers paradise and a few hours from the airport. The place offers thrilling nightlife and shopping with many shops, restaurants, bars, and night clubs. The music and live performances by famous musicians make the site very fun.
- Natural bridge: This is one of the most-visited parts of the gold coast. It is located southwest of Goldcoast. The other side of it is peaks, waterfalls, and lookouts that rise above 1000 meters. There are also several camping sites in this part of the region.
Gold coast city has lots of places to spend your time and have fun. There is a wide range of beaches, museums, parks, archeological sites and many other areas you can spend your weekends and holidays.
- Gold Coast Parks: This is one of the famous parks in the city of the gold coast. It is well maintained and an excellent place for relaxing. The site is ideal for family visits. There is ample parking and a good field for kids to play in.
- Broadwater Parklands: The park is very spacious and features a marine-themed water play area for young children. They're also great activities for adults, including swimming, cycling, fishing, and walking. The amenities are well maintained. The parking is ample for early comers.
- Cascade Gardens: Cascade Gardens is a family-friendly park located along the river. It offers picnic and BBQ facilities, a large playground, walking paths, and a great place to relax and picnic lunch. It is also clean and well maintained, providing an excellent environment for kids to play. The parking is ample and well labeled.
- Justin's Park: The park is located in Burleigh, Queensland. It attracts a large number of people, especially on weekends. The place is well maintained and great for family visits. The playground is large for kids to have fun. Adults can opt to relax on the benches or jog in the pathways.
- Burleigh Head National Park: This is a coastal area with rainforest trails and wildlife viewing. There is also a safe river to swim and incredible viewpoints to watch surfers. The place also has excellent paths for jogging and exercising. The park is also home to many animals, including birds and bush turkeys.
- Nerang National Park: This is a national park in Queensland, Australia, located on the Gold coast. The place is excellent for biking and jogging. The playground is spacious and enough for kids to play. Social amenities are clean and well maintained by the city government. It's ideal for family picnics.
- Nicoll Scrub National Park.: The park was established in the year 1986 and maintained by the Queensland parks and wildlife service. It preserves the remnant rainforest vegetation. It is filled with natural and beautiful untouched scrub.
- Springbrook National Park: This is another famous national park situated on the gold coast. The national park covers over 6000 hectares of land. It is an excellent place for people who love exploring and hikes. There are also numerous tracks for all fitness levels and all ages. Great place to hang out with friends.
- Gold Coast beach: This is among the famous beaches in gold cost. It is a long stretch of shoreline with over 70km of developed beachfront for surfing and swimming. The atmosphere, weather, and the environment are super fantastic. It's a great place to visit with family and friends.
- Surfers Paradise Beach: This beach is located a few miles from the gold coast city center. It is a fantastic surfing spot with a sand beach set around great shops and entertainment places. The place is full of pubs and restaurants selling greats foods and drinks. There is a perfect space for kids to play and adults to stretch and have fun. It's ideal for friends and family visits.
- Burleigh Heads Beach: The beach is located a few minutes' drive from the city center of the gold coast. The beach is mostly famous due to its tranquil waters ideal for swimming. To make sure you get the most excellent spots. Make sure to get there early enough and spend the day on the stunning view. the place is perfect for enjoying yourself with family and friends. The site also has lovely shops with quality foods and drinks—worth a visit.
- Currumbin Beach: This is a scenic beach located in Queensland. The beach has unique rock formations, lifeguards and waterfront bars, and restaurants. The best time to visit this place is during the swell sculpture festivals. The site is an excellent surfing area for beginners.
- Matey Monument: This is a historical landmark in surfers paradise, the gold coast. It is one of the unique landmarks on gold coast city. Make sure you touch this monument when locals say it has some good luck charms.
- Pink Poodle Sign: This is another famous historical landmark in surfers paradise, Gold coast. Here you will find a lot of gold coast history preserved. Those who would love to get a grip of the ancient gold coast are more likely to love this place.
- Gold Coast Wax Museum: The museum is located in surfers paradise, Queensland. It is home to many clothed sculptures of people from history and fictional characters. The place is very informative, while the attendants are very educated and ready to share their knowledge. It's a great place to visit with family and friends.
- Gold Coast War Museum: The museum is located in Mudgeeraba, Queensland. There is an extensive and exciting collection, including planes, tanks, trucks, cars, and helicopters. The place holds memories of the warriors who fought in the wars. The area also got ample parking space and a small neighboring house for kids to play.
- Gold Coast Motor Museum: The museum is located in Upper Coomera, Queensland. There is an excellent collection of motors' history from model T to today's cars. There are also restaurants and bars where you can find great foods and drinks. To be on the safer side, make sure you book a spot early enough.
- Gold Coast Hinterland Heritage Museum: This is a history museum located in mudgeera, Queensland. The museum is attractive and well organized. The staff is super friendly and ready to share any information within their knowledge—a great place to visit with family and friends.
Gold coast has a wide range of hotels and restaurants offering a wide range of foods and drinks. The eateries range from vegetarian and vegan restaurants to gluten-free options. The restaurants serve breakfast, light lunch, and delicious dinner at favorable prices. While here, try traditional dishes.
Traditional Local Restaurants
- Kua Thai Isan Traditional Thai Restaurant: This traditional restaurant is located in Southport, Queensland. The hotel offers delicious Thailand food. The staff is very kind and courteous. The place is also super clean and well maintained. It's a great place to visit with family and friends.
- Shiraz Authentic Persian Restaurant: This is a traditional restaurant located in surfers paradise, Queensland. It is a clean and well-maintained place offering Persian delicacies. Here you will find rice, kebabs, plus other popular Persian dishes. The staff is super friendly and kind. The location is excellent for big occasions and small experiences—worth visiting with family and friends.
- Little Truffle: This a modern Australian restaurant located in mermaid beach, Queensland. It offers excellent meals, all well cooked and presented by professional and friendly staff. The pricing is also very reasonable and worth it. Little Truffle is ideal for friend and family visits.
- The Glenelg Public House: This restaurant is located in mermaid beach, Queensland. It is among the best steak house in the region, offering great food and wine selection. The attendants are super friendly and kind. The place is also clean and well maintained.
Vegetarian and Vegan
- Greenhouse Canteen & Bar: The vegan restaurant is located in Miami, Queensland, offering great foods and at affordable prices. The most common and loved meal is cauliflower wings and Ceaser salad. The staff is fantastic and ready to help in case the need arises. The desserts are also unique and delicious. The place is ideal for vegan lovers.
- The Cardamom Pod: This is a vegetarian restaurant located in Broadbeach, Queensland, with welcoming and friendly staff offering various vegan delicacies. The place is super clean and well maintained. There is also ample free parking slots.
- Tian Ran Vegetarian Restaurant: This vegetarian restaurant is located in mermaid beach, Queensland offering pure Asian vegan foods. The staff were friendly and provided quick service. The restaurant is fancy, super clean, and well decorated.
- BKA Vegan: This vegan restaurant is located in Burleigh Head, Queensland, offering many delicious vegan foods. The staffs are super friendly, courteous, and kind. The atmosphere is also great and ideal for relaxing.
- Barbecued Snags: This is one of the most popular street food in this region. Almost every vendor sells the delicacy. It is made by rolling meat into a sausage, then dipping it in garlic butter, and finally barbecued.
- Barramundi: This is another popular street food in the gold coast streets made with soft buttery meat with crispy skin. It is among the most enjoyed food on the roads of Australia.
- Pigs in a Blanket: Pigs in a blanket is another popular street food on the gold coast. It is a double dose of delicious meat taken m with bread. Most locals often call them a sausage.
- Meat Pies: This is a must-eat food on the gold coast. It is a flaky dish packed with various combinations of meat. Local vendors mainly sell the delicacy at very affordable prices.
- Chiko roll: This is part of the gold coast culture of food. Chico rolls are packed with a variety of beef and vegetables. These are mostly the most straightforward options for a hungry belly.
The most consumed drink in the region is water. Gold coast hosts many bars and cafes in the area that offer these drinks. Visitors are recommended to try the locally made products as an eco-friendly way of appreciating the residents' people and culture. While here also buy from local shops and cafes.
Tap water in gold coast is obvious and does not reveal anything. It seems entirely safe for drinking, but being too complacent with it may raise health issues. The water here is said to be safe enough for everyone. Residents are also encouraged to use tap water .95% is secure, so always view the water quality maps for a different location to ensure the place you are is recommended.
- JOY - Organic Coffee Roasters: The organic café is located in Burleigh Waters, Queensland, with the popular drink being coffee with bony almond milk. They also offer a few options of vegan foods. The staff is friendly and welcoming. It a great place to chat with friends.
- Marie Anita's Gluten Free Health Cafe & Bakery: The café is located in mermaid beach, Queensland. Every meal, from breakfast to dinner, is organic. The meals are served in a stylish modest setting with outdoor seating. They have super friendly staff who are lovely and ready to help in case the need arises. They also offer fresh juices and coffee.
- The Shack Superfood Café: The shark superfood café is located in mermaid beach, Queensland. They offer eco-friendly foods like wraps and smoothies. The café is located in a great place easily accessible via public transport. The staff is friendly and kind while the prices are affordable.
- Black Hops Brewery: The brewery is located in Burleigh heads Queensland. It is excellent for locals and beer lovers, offering a variety of beers at great prices. It's a great quiet place to meet with friends. The owner is super friendly and ready to help in case the need arises.
- Burleigh Brewing Company: This brewery is located n Burleigh Heads, Queensland. They offer various beers including wildberry, macadamia nut, and black coffee. After taking your favorite beer, you can later refresh your mouth with free water. The staff is super friendly and ready to help in case the need arises.
- Gold Coast Brewery: Gold coast brewery is located in Carrara, Queensland. The spot is tranquil and with a great atmosphere. There is a variety of beer at affordable prices. The owner has a great sense of humor, and you will enjoy interacting with him.
- Balter Brewing Company: The brewery is located in Currumbin Waters, Queensland. It has a great selection of beers at low prices. The place has a great atmosphere for relaxing and having a chat with friends. The owner is very cool and ready to help in case the need arises.
Gold coast city is a beautiful city with many activities to indulge in. The significant activities to engage in include: swimming, jet-skiing, hiking, snorkeling, and scuba diving, skating, and cycling. These activities can be enjoyed at a small fee while some are free.
Yoga and Retreats
- Shanti Yoga: This is a yoga studio located in Southport, Queensland. The place is hot, cozy, and comfortable, with attendants very knowledgeable and attentive. It is a community of great souls ready to experience a change in their lives. Everyone is welcome here.
- Australian School of Meditation and Yoga: This is another famous yoga studio located in mermaid beach, Queensland. It is a beautiful place with super friendly people and knowledgeable attendants. Here you will do lots of breathing, exercises, and other forms of meditation.
- Yoga For 2: This is a yoga retreat center located in borogie, Queensland. The people here are amicable and kind. Teachers are knowledgeable and ready to share their knowledge. The location is also tranquil and with an excellent atmosphere ideal for meditating and connecting with nature.
Accommodation places in gold coast city are secure, well maintained, and affordable. The various accommodations available include Apartments, hotels, hostels, and guest houses, among many other varieties.
- Meriton Suites Broadbeach: This is a five-star hotel located in Broadbeach, Queensland. The hotel has well-decorated rooms with balconies. The location is excellent and close to most of the shops and nightlife. The hotel has two massive pools and spas. It is also located within a 5 minutes walk from the nearest beach and casino. The attendants are super friendly and kind. The parking space is ample and well maintained.
- Greenmount Beach Hotel: Greenmount hotel is located in Coolangatta, Queensland. The rooms are very modern and with an excellent sea view. The hotel also hosts a restaurant, a hot tub, and an outdoor pool. The rooms are spacious and well decorated. The parking is small hence book your space early enough. The attendants are very kind and friendly.
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel & Residences: The hotel is located in surfers paradise, Queensland. It's a beachfront resort that offers fantastic dining and three bars. The place also has an outdoor pool and spa. The rooms are spacious, clean, and well decorated. The staff is friendly and ready to help in case the need arises.
Hostels and Guest Houses
- Backpackers in Paradise: This is among the popular hostel situated in surfers paradise, Queensland. It's an adult-only hostel with a kitchen, bar, nighty movies, and an outdoor pool. The rooms are clean and well decorated, with most foods and drinks available on site. The pricing is also very generous, with the staff being super friendly.
- Surf Inn.: This is another popular hostel situated in surfers paradise, Queensland. The facilities in this place are clean and well maintained. There is an outdoor pool, clean kitchen, and spacious rooms. The staff is super friendly and ready to help in case the need arises.
- Down Under Hostels: Down under hostels are located in surfer's paradise, Queensland. The rooms feature a kitchen, game room, and a TV lounge. The place was sparklingly clean and well organized. The staff is kind, friendly, and ready to help in case the need arises.
- Horizons Holiday Apartments: Horizon holiday apartments are located in Burleigh Heads, Queensland. The apartments are clean and well maintained. The rooms are spacious and include a kitchen and balconies plus a hot tub and outdoor pool. The staff is excellent and welcoming.
- Avani Broadbeach Residences: Avani Broadbeach residences apartments are located in Broadbeach, Queensland. The rooms are large, clean, and well organized, with all amenities kept in place. The location is very convenient for those using public transport. The staff is kind and welcoming.
- Key Largo Apartments: These apartments are located in Burleigh Heads, Queensland. They offer two-bedroom apartments with kitchens and a hot tub, and a well maintained outdoor pool close to shops, clubs, beaches, bars, and restaurants. The place offers excellent value for your money.
- Surfers Hawaiian Holiday Apartments: These apartments are located in surfers paradise, Queensland. The rooms are spacious and well equipped with all the necessary amenities. The staff is fantastic and ready to help in case the need arises. The place is also famous for its comfortable beds and clean beddings.
Couchsurfing on the Gold coast will help you discover the unique hidden gems in the city. Couchsurfing is safe provided the necessary research of the place you are going is done well. In the case you don't have already made friends, you can opt to do that through the variety of social media sites and Couchsurfing sites at your disposal. The people of gold coast welcoming, which makes it easy to connect with them when doing our research, always go for like-minded people.
There are several places you can go camping while in the city of the gold coast. The popular ones include:
- South Currigee Campground: This campground is located in south Stradbroke, Queensland. The place has a great atmosphere for relaxing and connecting with nature. The site is well maintained and with all amenities kept in place. The owner is super friendly and ready to help in case the need arises. The views are great, especially during mornings and evenings before the sun goes down. You most definitely love the place.
- Mount Nimmel Lodge Campground: This campground is located in Austinville, Queensland. It's a lovely natural campground with amiable hosts and a chilled atmosphere. The facilities here are well maintained, organized and clean.
- The Settlement Camping Area: The camp area is located in Springbrook, Queensland. The campsites are small private enclaves that have access to cars and are surrounded by a large forest. The grounds are a great place to explore the Springbrook hinterland area. The facilities are clean and well maintained.
How to Get There
There are many methods you can use to get to Gold coast. Some of them include: by air, by train, by bus or by ferry. International flights fly directly to Brisbane airport from many parts of the world. From Brisbane, one can take a shuttle bus direct to Gold coast without trouble.
Brisbane airport is very close to the Gold coast. Major flights like Qantas flights and British Airways flights fly directly to Brisbane. If you are traveling from any part of Australia to the gold coast, direct flights arrive at gold coast airport in Coolangatta.
Travel by bus is a convenient means of transport to the gold coast. Some shuttles you can catch include Skybus Goldcoast airport shuttle and gold coast airport shuttle services. The buses are comfortable and at reasonable price rates.
The train is a very eco-friendly means of transport. It reduces both pollution and cost. To get to the gold coast by train, catch the tilt train to Roma st station located in Brisbane and then another from Brisbane to gold coast. Travel by train is also very convenient in this part of the region. The pricing is also very fair and affordable.
In this part of the region, hitchhiking is illegal. Staying on a crossroad longer than usual is also finable. Hitchhiking was made illegal due to many cases of rapists and murders in the cause of the years.
Other modes of transport that get you to the gold coast include: include:
- By taxi
- By personal means
- By ferry
There are several means you can use to move around, including:
Walking is an efficient and eco-friendly way to move around the gold coast. The city government has built some walking paths to make it organized. These paths have connected all significant towns within the city.
Cycling is an energy-efficient, cost-effective and eco-friendly way to move around the gold coast. There are hundreds of kilometers of cycle paths dedicated to cycling. The road authorities heavily fine irresponsible cycling. When cycling, always make sure the bike is in good condition and wear a helmet and reflector jacket.
Electric vehicles help reduce the number of carbon emissions produced by fuel-consuming vehicles. There is over 40 electric vehicle charging stations on Gold coast, which is a clear show of the wide adoption of electric cars. The city government is using most of the money to fund these projects.
Buses serve as the backbone of public transport on the Gold coast. Bus transport is the only option to the south coast. Many bus stations on the gold coast will get you to your destination. Primary operators are Translink and surfside business. These buses charge relatively cheaper compared to other means of transport.
Tram, Train and Subway
The train is not the most efficient and effective way of moving around. The cheapest fares always travel during the off-peak seasons. Gold coast also enjoys 13 kilometers of the integrated tram system and have over ten tram stations.
Sustainable shopping on the gold coast ensures that everything we buy has health, social, and environmental benefits. Sustainable shopping involves buying from local food markets, flea markets, and eco-fashion manufacturers.
- Gold Coast Organic Farmers Market: The farmers market is located in Miami, Queensland. There are effective options that are mostly organic. The prices are a little bit high compared to other markets because they are organic. The place is clean and safe to do your shopping.
- The Village Markets: The market is located in Burleigh's Head, Queensland. There are various fresh farm products at low prices. The stalls are clean and well maintained. There are lots of juicy fruits fresh from the farms—worth a visit.
- Egyptian Bazaar: This flea market is located in surfers paradise, Queensland, with many handmade bottles and gorgeous perfumes. The attendants are super friendly and also knowledgeable about their products.
- Carrara Markets: Carrara market is located in Carrara, Queensland. It's an open-air weekend market with lots of vendors selling fashions, foods, and electronic gadgets. To get quality products always come early. Everything is sold at throwaway prices.
- Surfers Paradise Beachfront Markets: The market is located in surfers paradise, Queensland. It's an open-air market featuring more than a hundred stalls and local artisans.
Second Hand Stores
- Choice Secondhand: The store is located in Bundall, Queensland. The earlier you go, the higher chance of getting high-quality products. All items of clothing are sold at low prices. The place is clean and well maintained.
- Scottys Trading: This store is located in Bundall, Queensland. It deals specifically with second-hand furniture. There are beautiful pieces of furniture and at very reasonable prices. The attendants are super friendly and ready to strike a deal with you.
- Edit and Refresh: This is a used clothing store located in surfers paradise, Queensland. There are many choices, but the earlier you come, the greater chance of getting a great product. The pricing is very generous.
- Bodypeace Bamboo Clothing: This is a clothing store located in Burleigh Head, Queensland. The store has a great selection of clothes that are comfortable to wear. Their staff is friendly and ready to help in case the need arises.
- Panamuna Project: This is a fantastic brand with organic cotton products that give your body a soft feeling and warmth. They have fresh designs that usually share a rare message.
Recycling has proven to be an efficient and vital way to keep the environment clean. It prevents environmental pollution. Recyclable items in Gold coast include metals like tin and aluminum, plastics, and organic waste. The city government has designated some areas for disposing of waste materials. Some of the recycling organizations include:
- Gold coast glass recyclers: The company is located in Ashmore, Queensland. It deals with glass repair and recycling services.
- Merrimac Waste and Recycling Centre: This is among the popular recycling centers on Gold coast. It is located in Merrimac, Queensland. It is a great place to dump your unwanted garbage ranging from plastics to domestic waste.
Gold coast city has well-allocated trash collection areas to help keep the city's room clean. While here, make sure to drop your plastic cans and any other kind of waste material in the designated areas to support the city government's plan of keeping the city clean.
Work and Study Abroad
There are over 100 international companies on Gold coast. These companies are a source of job opportunities for the residents of the area and also foreigners. Major companies in the region include software companies, shipping companies, medical companies, and logistics companies. Some of them include:
- Queensland health
- Star entertainment group
Gold coast also hosts some of the major universities in the region. Most of these universities are majoring in tech and medical courses due to the rising demand for tech professionals and doctors. Universities in the city include:
- Griffin University, Gold coast campus
- Southern cross university, Gold coast campus
- Gold coast international college
- Bond institute of health and sport(BIHS)
Gold coast residents are very welcoming and ready to take au pairs from different parts of the world. Most people need au pairs to look after their children and also help children with assignments. Gold coast people opt for au pair above 18 and have good English speaking skills.
Volunteering on Gold coast helps you discover more about their culture and their nature. Volunteering is a great way to give back to the welcoming people of Gold coast. Volunteering will also help you build strong connections and learn new skills. The several things you can opt from include;
- Patient support volunteer.
- Environmental conservation.
- Support healthcare projects.