Eco-friendly travel guide to Hainan advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Hainan, China.
- Air quality: 4.0 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 3.0 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 3.5 / 5
- Public transportation: 4.0 / 5
- Parks: 3.5 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 3.5 / 5
- Locals' English level: 2.5 / 5
- Safety: 2.5 / 5
- Accommodation: US$40 - $150
- Budget per day: US$60 - $200
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
When we visit a new country, we expect to be treated as guests and taken good care of. Since we do not know much about the land's culture and laws, we expect that the locals will guide us and not blame us if we make any mistakes. When it comes to Hainan, the locals will indeed help us and guide us, but that does not mean we won't follow their rules and culture. Hainan is a very cultural land, and to them, their culture is extremely important. We, as guests of the land, must respect it. Just because we are tourists, we cannot expect to do whatever we feel like.
Respecting their culture, we must do whatever the culture demands of us. On the other hand, when it comes to the environment, Hainan's people are very serious about keeping their land pollution-free. It is true for all kinds of pollution. Hainan has one of the purest air in the world, and they achieve that by planting many trees and going green. Hence we tourists must respect that as well. While we will be taking away so much from the province, we must also give something in return in terms of experience, joy, and fun. The only thing we can do to give back to the province is by adhering to their rules and by being responsible tourists. When it comes to the pollution part, we can have an eco-friendly vacation in the province of Hainan if we can follow the following things:
- Traveling in boats: Since Hainan is an island, most famous places are accessible by boat. Instead of renting cars that will contribute to the land's pollution, we can easily travel in boats. In this way, we are also helping the local businesses by hiring and promoting them. That is because boating is one of the major local businesses in Hainan.
- Taking a bicycle: You can take a bicycle for hire to travel to places in Hainan. In this way, you are not only going eco-friendly but also you will have a better experience. That is because while you are traveling on a bicycle, you can see small details and small pavements which you would have ignored otherwise.
- Traveling by bus: If you need to travel to a far place, sometimes, it is not possible to take a boat or a bicycle. But instead of taking a car, you can easily take a bus. It will benefit the environment because one bus can carry multiple people, unlike a car. On the other hand, you also support the people and government of Hainan. Since Haina receives many tourists every year, the government has made sure that the most important routes are well connected by buses.
- Supporting local businesses: You can support the local business in many ways than just taking a boat and buses. We will always suggest that you must visit the local restaurants and eat food from there to get Hainan's real essence. In big hotels and restaurants, you will never get the true flavors of the local cuisine. Also, you can visit various local gift shops and buy gifts from them. In this way, you will be supporting the local businesses, yet at the same time, you will be getting amazing mementos, which you can take for yourself, friends or family.
Air Quality and Pollution
Hainan, an island on the south coast of the Chinese province, is a province with the largest ocean area and the smallest land area. Being very small in size, the city government made sure that the area can be as eco-friendly as possible. The Sansha city in Hainan was established in 2012, and since then, the government made sure millions of seedlings of plants are being planted all around the province. As a result of which today, more than 90 percent of the land area in some islands of Hainan are fully covered with trees, and hence its natural environment benefits from it. Therefore Hainan has a fantastic quality of air. In 2018, the air in Hainan is about 98.4% pure, which is a mind-boggling number considering how polluted most places' air is around the world today. Also, the fresh air coming from the seas helps the cause.
Respect the Culture
Initially, the island was a place where criminals and disgraced officials were sent for exile. But gone are those days. Hainan was kind of always in the Chinese cultural sphere. For example, when exiled poet Su Shi used to give lectures to his students in the Dongpo Academy of Classical Learning, he is now considered one of the must-visit places in Hainan. In this way, many incidents brought an air of mystery and romance to the Hainan province. Then there is the Temple of Five Lords, or Wugongsi, which is located near Haikou, is a tourist destination which in reality commemorates five high-ranking government officials who were disgraced from the Tang (618 - 907) and, of course, the Song (960-1289) dynasties. Apart from all these, there are multiple libraries and cultural centers that celebrate the Island of Hainan's culture. There is also a very beautiful museum about which we will talk soon. So as we can see, the island where once people used to be sent to be exiled has now become one of the main cultural centers for the Chinese people. We being tourists, must also show the same amount of respect towards the Hainan people's culture.
Speaking of culture, Hainan's interior, in the villages that the Li people mostly occupy, is still known to celebrate Hainan's old culture and customs. They perform a particular type of dance using bamboo poles called tiao cai and worship their ancestors.
Top 10 Places to Visit
Hainan is considered to be the Hawaii of China, and there are good reasons for that title. There are a lot of beautiful beaches, coral reefs, clear water, and it looks like a paradise that attracts tourists, and hence people call it the Hawaii of China. Hainan has two major cities, namely Haikou and Sanya. Haikou is located in the North of the island, the capital city, and the province's port. On the other hand, Sanya is on the southern coast, famous for its beaches and resorts. Both the cities are accessible by train or plane. The distance between the two cities is a 2-hour train ride of the high-speed variant. Now both the cities have a lot of unique places which every tourist must visit. Now let us look at a few of them:
- Nanshan Temple, located in Sanya: This temple is very close to Sanya bay. This temple has a huge park surrounding it, which has architecture from the Tang Dynasty, halls to kneel and pray, and Buddhist statues. According to Chinese Buddhism, the main and biggest statue is the Guanyin statue, which is the statue of the goddess of mercy. The statue stands at 3.8 meters and is covered with 100kg of silver and gold and South African diamonds. The statue is located 40kms from the main city and is easily accessible by bus. It must also be noted that the area is huge and you will need to walk, so definitely wear comfortable walking shoes!
- Dadonghai Beach, located in Sanya: Sanya is known to have the most beautiful beaches of the whole Hainan Province, which gives Hainan the name, Hawaii of China of the most contributing factors for that is the Dadonghai beach. It is a beautiful beach with a long white sand coastline. The beach is about 3km away from the city center, making the beach very accessible for tourists. It is one of the most popular spots in Sanya, and there are good reasons why that is the case. There are multiple watersports available for kids and elders. You can swim in the sea or have a beer or a nice dinner in the restaurants set up across the beach. These features make the beach one of the most visited places in Hainan.
- Haikou Volcanic Cluster Global Geopark located in Haikou: This is a unique place, and people who love geography will love it. It is also known as a natural geological museum. The park has two major volcanoes in it and many more protected volcanoes, all in 118 square kilometers of land. The geopark will give the tourists a glimpse of how life was in a volcanic village, and you will also see unique landscapes and craters created by flowing lava over the years. One of the best things about this park is that you can climb the top of a crater and inside you can see a little tropical rainforest.
- Yanoda Rainforest Cultural Tourism Zone located in Sanya: There are two main valleys in this rainforest, Rainforest valley, and Dream Valley. Both the valleys have waterfalls, sugar palms, beautiful lush green valleys, towering banyan trees, orchids, and much more. You can admire the multiple waterfalls the rainforest has to offer or take a hike over the water against the waterfalls. This park is located around 50km away from the Sanya airport and around 30km away from downtown Sanya. Also, children whose height is below 1.2m can enter for free.
- Mission Hills Huayi Brothers Feng Movie Town located in Haikou: This is a movie town that consists of three different time zones, and each time zone has different architectural designs and styles from that time zone. Some architectural designs are even the exact replicas of old movies or photographs. The three-time zones are the old Nanyang style streets, 1942 street, and the youth zone. The first zone, the Nanyang-style streets, will make you feel like you are walking in Shanghai's old streets. You will see old colonial buildings in the background, which will provide you with a very wholesome feel. The streets of 1942 will give you a glimpse of how life was in that era. There is also a comedy show theatre available which hosts shows regularly. There is also a film museum which you can visit. The youth zone will give you a feeling of being in a communist army barrack. You can also rent clothes from different eras and take pictures of them. Apart from the time zones, other key features of this place are an earthquake and typhoon simulator.
- Nanwan Monkey Island is located in Lingshui Island: This nature reserve is a state-protected place near Sanya, which has around 2500 macaque monkeys. These monkeys have been kept here since 1965 and are highly trained. You can bring nuts to this palace and feel the monkeys yourself., or you can watch the feeders feed them. There is also a comedy monkey show which everyone must-see.
- Xinglong tropical botanical garden located in Lingshui County: This is a very beautiful tropical garden with over 1200 species of plants. People who love plants and want to see different kinds of plants must visit this botanical garden. There are also labs in this garden where you can see how chocolate and coffee are produced from cocoa beans. You can enjoy the whole garden by renting a bike and using it to travel all around the place. Additionally, there is also a hotel in the garden where you can stay. There is also a cafe and a restaurant where you can rest and grab a bite to eat.
- Hainan Centre for performing arts located in Haikou: The only professional cultural public facility in Hainan, this performing arts center is huge. The entire building is about 25,000 square meters, but if you count the surrounding area, it is about 50,000 square meters, which is huge. This center also hosts outdoor concerts and has special lighting, a music fountain, and so on specifically for this reason. This cultural center is located just opposite the Hainan Museum.
- Wuzhizhou coral island located in Sanya: This coral island is known to have very soft, fine, and white sand, which makes it look very beautiful. The water on this island is also very clear, which makes it perfect for diving. This place is so beautiful that it is visited by almost everyone who visits Hainan, which can make it a bit crowded at times. There is also a hotel on this island for tourists who want to stay on the island.
- Qilou Old street located in Haikou: Compared by many with the old streets of Indonesia and Malaysia, this street has some of the most beautiful and unique buildings, a mix of Asian and European architectural styles. There are also many restaurants and vendors which sell traditional items, making them a must-visit. This street is pretty short, but many shops need a visit, so take your time while walking through the street. If you are interested in knowing Haikou's history and the street, there is also a small museum in the street you can visit. The street is open for tourists to visit, although shops have different opening and closing times.
When it comes to Hainan, there are a lot of places to explore and travel around. There are multiple parks, beaches, and landmarks. The reason why most tourists come to Hainan is because of its cultural significance and scenic beauty. It can be easily called a tourist-centric place because there are so many unique destinations on the island that, more than a province, it feels like a cultural institution with breathtaking views.
There are many parks in Hainan, specifically in the city of Haikou. Being the capital city of Hainan, and the fact that Sanya is mostly known for its beaches, Haikou has an abundance of city parks. People come here to play, take a walk, or sit and enjoy their evening. Let us now see the various city parks:
- Baishamen Park: One of the most visited parks in the city is located on the northern shore of Haidian island. There is a lake in the middle where people can rent paddle boats to enjoy the lake. There is also a small amusement park inside the park. There are even a beach and a shopping street where there are multiple stores for you to shop from.
- Binhai Park: Named after the Binhai road, this park hosts the huge bougainvillea hybrid exhibit every year. This park is well maintained and has plenty of areas to walk covered by tree cover, and has beautiful flower beds. It also has a lake in the middle and a community building, which the community uses for multiple purposes.
- Century Park: The famous century bridge passes over this park. The park was created in 2013, and the park's design is such that it has a huge brick-covered area in the western area, and in the southern and eastern area, there is a grassy area.
- Evergreen Park: This park is famous for people who love to fly kites. Also, a lot of cultural events take place in this park. There is no shortage of entertainment in this park as each side of it has something or other. Firstly in the middle, there is a huge lake where people can paddle boats. Along the park, there are numerous walking paths where people can jog. There are two outdoor restaurants on the western side, and on the eastern side, there is an amusement park. There is a hall called the Haikou great hall of the people on the southern side, where indoor events and conventions are held. East of the hall, there is a lagoon.
- People's park: It is a very old park located in the city's heart. This park is mainly for elderly people so that they can do certain activities, like dancing.
- Golden Bull Mountain ridge park: This park is known to have a huge number of species of trees and a bamboo forest. This park is built on top of a hill, and on top of the park, there is a dove aviary and a zoo.
There are multiple national parks in Sanya about which we are going to discuss now.
- Sanya Romance park located in Sanya
- Luhuitou Park located in Sanya
- Yalong Bay Tropical Paradise Forest Park located in Sanya
Hainan being a beach there are a lot of beaches in the province. Hainan's beaches are known to be extremely beautiful with white, soft sand and clear water. There is a reason Hainan is known as Chinese Hawaii. That is because of its beautiful beaches. So let us take a closer look at the beaches of Hainan:
- Yalong Bay: This crescent-shaped beach is considered one of Hainan's most picturesque beaches. This beach is located 7km from the city of Sanya. The beach is about 7km long, and the beach is covered with soft white sand. The waters of the beach are very clean and crystal clear in color. This beach has a lot of luxury resorts, and hence it is less crowded than the many other beaches of Hainan. You can enjoy water sports here like scuba diving or snorkel. You can also swim or sit, relax and sunbathe.
- Sanya Bay: This beach is located very close to the city center of Sanya. This beach is a very crowded beach and is usually full of locals from mainland China. This happens mainly during peak hours, specifically during the day, on occasions like the Chinese new year, etc. At night the crowd is usually less so you can easily go for a nice stroll, eat at the restaurants along the beach and relax.
- Dadonghai Beach: This beach is a favorite of the locals, as they come here to relax and enjoy eating crabs from the various restaurants along the beach. It is a beautiful beach where you can rent chairs and umbrellas and sit to relax. The beach has soft white sand and blue seawater, which is crystal clear in color.
- West Island: West Islands is located in Sanya Bay, and it is home to around 300 people whose main occupation is fishing. West Island is considered to be a tropical island paradise. It has breathtaking beachscapes, palm trees, clear water, and soft white sand. If you plan to scuba dive on the west island, you will be happy to know that the water is so clear that you can view upto 15 meters underwater, which makes it perfect for viewing underwater coral reefs and marine life. There are also a lot of water sports available, for example, jet skiing, boat rides, and kayaking. Of course, you can always sit and relax on this beautiful beach.
- Houhai Beach: Located behind the sleepy Tenghai village, it is a tiny village that extends upto 2km. Forested hills surround the whole beach, and as a result, it is shielded from the main city. This is a perfect beach if you are looking to get away from the big beaches' crowds. You can walk along the beach or climb the surrounding hills for a picnic. Surfing is quite popular on this beach. The waves are perfect for beginners who are just starting. You can always rent surfing boards and use them to surf. You can also attend lessons from professionals to learn the art of surfing.
- Riyue Bay: This beach is located on the east coast of Hainan; it is a very quiet beach in a crowd gathering. So if you are looking for a relatively empty beach to relax, this is a very good option to consider. It is also an amazing beach if you are considering surfing. Some consider it to be the best place to surf in Hainan. This beach is also known to host International surfing association competitions every year. You can rent wetsuits and surfing boards from the shops along this beach and try your luck in surfing as well!
There are various Landmarks in the province of Hainan where one can visit. Some are also of immense cultural importance. There are also many beaches one can visit, which are beautiful and allow you to participate in a number of water sports. Some of the most famous landmarks are as follows:
- Asian Dragon Bay
- Tianya Haijiao
- Luhuitou Peninsula
- Sanya Bay
- Holiday beach
- Temple of Five Lords
- Wuzhizhou Island
- Dongjiao Coconut Plantation
- Nanshan Tourism Zone
The Hainan provincial museum is the only proper museum available in the Hainan province. The museum was finished in 2008, and since then, flocks of tourists visit this place to know more about the culture, tradition, and life of the people of Hainan. The museum is located in the capital city of Hainan, which is Haikou. When it comes to the museum, there are four exhibitions in the museum which are permanent, namely: the history of Hainan, Intangible cultural heritage in Hainan, minorities nationalities in Hainan, and Collected cultural relics.
Hainanese or Hainan cuisine is the name of the cuisine which you will get in the Hainan province. When it comes to the food, the food is less oily, lighter, and slightly more seasoned than the Chinese mainland's food. Seafood is the dominant factor in the Hainanese menu. Food like prawns, different varieties of fishes and crabs are widely eaten.
When it comes to breakfast, in Hainan, usually baozi, mantau and congee are eaten. A noodle dish is also sometimes eaten. The noodles are usually vermicelli-type fine noodles that have gravy and various toppings. During lunch and dinner, the outdoor barbeque system is also done.
Traditional Local Restaurants
If you truly want to experience Hainan, you will have to eat from the traditional local restaurants. Now traditional local restaurants are available in every corner of the province. Remember, fancy hotels and restaurants are not what we call traditional restaurants. The small restaurants, which probably don't have a name and are run by locals, are the traditional restaurants. Finding a traditional restaurant isn't a difficult job, but you need to know which traditional dishes you need to order.
- Dongshan Mutton: It is a very famous dish in Hainan. It is made using either lamb or mutton. This Mutton dish isn't your typical Mutton dish because it doesn't have your typical Mutton taste. It is usually braised in coconut milk but can also be stewed or roasted. It comes with a thick soup, and mutton pieces are very tender and soft.
- Jiaji Duck: This duck preparation secret does not lie in how the dish is cooked but how the ducks are bred. In this dish, a special breed of ducks is used who are kept in coops and fed grain, sweet potato, rice, and chaff. As a result, their skin is thin, but their meat is thick. Also, they have minimal fat with their bones being soft. When it comes to cooking, the duck is usually boiled in water, diced, and eaten with a mixture of vinegar, sesame oil, and chopped ginger.
- Hele Crab: Best ate in autumn, and this crab is from the Hele town. Their meat is yellow and has a very oily texture along with a strong aroma. This crab tastes best when steamed and accompanied with vinegar and ginger.
- Wenchang Chicken: Most restaurants in Hainan can serve you this dish. This dish is nothing but immersing the chicken in hot boiling water and then cooking it. This preserves its tenderness and softness. Then the dish is eaten by dipping it in salt and ginger.
Vegetarian and Vegan
Traditionally in Haikou, the new year's first meal is always vegetarian, which shows that culturally vegetarian food is extremely important for Hainan. Hence if you are a vegetarian or a vegan and wonder if you will get proper vegan or vegetarian food in Hainan or not, rest assured you will have no problem regarding that in Hainan. Although only a small Hainan population practices vegetarianism, vegetarian or vegan food is available readily in almost every restaurant. To give you a better idea about the type of food available, here are a few vegetarian and vegan food which is available in Hainan:
- Broad Beans with Lily Bulbs
- Lily Bulbs with Pak Choi
- Soybean Sprouts
- Braised Eggplant in Brown Sauce
- Fried Lettuce
- Stir-fried mushrooms
- Oyster Sauce with Pakchoi and Mushrooms
- Lotus Root with Green Pepper
- Fried Tofu with Peanuts and Red Pepper
- Dried Beancurd Sticks
When it comes to Hainan, it would be criminal if you visit and not have the place's street food. Here are a few street foods which you have to try:
- Lao ba cha
- Salty Chicken
- Zao po cu
- Hainan Fen
- Qing bu liang
- Mango roll
- Chicken feet
- Shrimp pancakes
- La tang
- Roast pig
- Hainan Lobster
- Turtle and Snake tonic soup
In Hainan, there is no such thing as an alcohol ban. You can find various restaurants which are serving local as well as international alcohol. Along with that, you can easily get cocktails and mocktails.
When it comes to drinking water, tap water is safe to drink, but most people would tell you to avoid it. Although it is safe for the locals, you do not know how your stomach will react. So please buy packaged drinking water for your water solutions.
Hainan being a pollution-free, culturally rich province, there are many organic cafes available in the region. There are cafes in both the major cities, Haikou and Sanya. Let us see the cafes of both the cities.
- Ku code
- The Ritz-Carlton Bar and Lounge
- FuShan Cafe
- R Bar
- Coffee world
- A to Z cafe
- Coffee Shijian
- La Wei Coffee
- YeFeng cafe
- Red Sun Bar
- Ms. Pan'Cake
- Coffee RiJi Western Restaurant
- Lobby Lounge
- Dolce Cafe
- Xiao Dun Coffee
- Qing Cheng CanBa
When it comes to breweries, there is only one Brewery in Hainan. The Hainan Heineken Asia Pacific Brewery. It is a very famous brewery and is well-liked among the locals. It serves three types of beers:
- Anchor Light
- Anchor Red Crown
- Hainan Beer
There are many activities in which you can participate in Hainan. There are beaches where you can participate in watersports. You can also go to the various parks and bicycle or walk around. In Hainan, there is no shortage of activities; all you got to do is open your eyes and look around.
Yoga and Retreats
Being such a calm and pollution-free place, it is only natural that Yoga will be a big Hainan factor. That is absolutely the truth as many tourists come to Hainan for a Yoga retreat. There are many yoga retreat centers in Hainan, but all are located in Sanya. If you are interested, you must visit Sanya and look for them.
Tourists are an essential part of Hainan and their economy, and accommodation is something you will never need to worry about accommodation. There are amazing hotels and even apartments for rent. It all depends on how you want to stay and for how long.
If you are particularly looking for a green hotel and an eco-friendly experience, then Hainan has exactly what you are looking for.
Banyan Tree Sanya: It is a lovely villa where you will get your own Beachfront. Suppose you are looking to relax and stay away from the crowds. This is where you need to be.
Hostels and Guest Houses
As mentioned before, accommodation is never going to be a problem for you in Hainan. Apart from hotels, if you are looking for hostels or guest houses to live in, then there are options for you in this regard as well.
- Summer tree inn
- Sanya Backpacker International Youth Hostel
- Captain's house
- Haikou Banana Hostel
- Rainbow Hostel
- Qionghai Boao Xishe Guesthouse
- Marcia's Guesthouse
- Luhuitou State Guesthouse and Resort
- Wan Ning Xing Gang Guesthouse
- Xi Ya Castle
- Meilan Airport Meilaiju Guesthouse
If you are looking to stay for a longer period of time, you can rent an apartment. Some of the choices are:
- Van-Pretty Residence Haitang Bay Sanya
- Yalong Bay Leju Tropical Coquette Apartment
- Care hotel coast collection
- Steem International Resort Sanya
- Iccssi Villa Haitang Bay Sanya
- Sanya Yikehai View Apartments
- Sanya Sun view apartment
Couchsurfing is an online community where you can be friends with multiple people in the community and share rooms with them if you are a part of it.
Camping in Haina is quite famous, especially in Winters. You'll be able to see clear skies with a cold breeze blowing without any snow damaging your tent. Overall it is a lovely experience. A few camping spots are:
- Holiday Beach
- Baishamen Park
- Yingge peak
- Dongjiao Coconut Grove
- Stone park
- Baijin Coast Camog
How to Get There
Technically speaking, there are only two ways to travel to Hainan, either you fly or take a ferry.
Hainan has two major airports, in Haikou and Sanya. Both are international airports. You can easily take a direct or connecting flight to any of the two cities to enter Hainan via air.
Hainan being an island, is surrounded by water all around, so there are not many bus routes for you to reach Hainan. You can take a bus from most cities of mainland China, but you will need to take a ferry at some point.
You also can travel to Hainan via train, but then again, there is no direct route. The train gets up on a ferry, which then takes it to Hainan island.
It is not recommended to Hitchhike, but you can easily hitchhike a ferry to Hainan, but you need to be extremely careful.
Besides all the methods mentioned above, one of the best ways to travel to Hainan is via a ferry. You can travel to the Haikou or Sanya port from Mainland China.
Hainan might be the smallest island in China, but the island is enormous in land area. Hence there are many ways of traveling inside the island.
It is recommended to walk when you are roaming around the various cities because it helps you connect more with the Hainan culture. Although if you are traveling to different locations, walking is not suitable.
Bicycles can be found which you can take for rent to travel around the city. You can go to different locations on a bicycle, but it is not recommended.
The concept of electric cars is somewhat new, but soon we will see electric cars in Hainan because Hainan is a huge believer in green energy and a pollution-free world.
There are a lot of public buses available to travel anywhere in Hainan. Most major routes have a bus route, which you can use to travel.
Tram, Train and Subway
Although there is no Subway yet in Hainan, trains can be found in all major cities. There are super fast and normal trains available for you to travel to different cities inside Hainan. Trams are also available in Sanya for inter-city travel.
The people of Hainan believe in a pollution-free world and eco-friendly measures to live a better life. So it is no surprise that sustainable shopping is very well known in Hainan.
There are many food markets in Hainan, like:
- First Market
- Tianfa Non-staple Food store
- Hainan Tiandihang Haixian square
- Hengfa Food shop
- Hainan Tesco Supermarket
There are only two proper flea markets in Hainan:
- The Haikou Bund Flea Market
- First Market
Second Hand Stores
When it comes to second-hand stores in Hainan, the following are the major ones:
- Haikou Junhe Pawn Co., Ltd.
- Hainan Yinlian Auctioneering Co., Ltd.
- Hainan Xincheng Pawn Co., Ltd. Sanya Branch
- Hainan Hualong Pawn Co., Ltd.
- Baiyi Pawn (Hainan) Co., Ltd.
- Haikou Xinglongshun Second-Hand Goods Jimai Co., Ltd.
Hainan being a supporter of the Eco-friendly movement, multiple stores offer eco-fashion options to its customers.
Hainan has a target to reach a recycling rate of above 35 percent by 2021, and they are well on their way to achieving that. They are focussing on making household recycling mandatory to achieve this feat. So when it comes to recycling, it is safe to say, Hainan is doing a pretty good job!
Hainan has a pretty good waste management system, which goes well with their whole theme of sustainable, eco-friendly living.
Work and Study Abroad
The economy at Hainan is on the boost, with thousands of job vacancies available. The government of Hainan wants you to come and work there. When it comes to studying abroad in Hainan, there are also multiple opportunities.
Hainan has a program called The Intercollegiate exchange student program, where it takes students as exchange students and helps them have an education in Hainan.
There are a lot of Au pair opportunities available in Hainan.
Hainan is slowly rising to be a significant province for China, and as a result, they accept a lot of volunteer work. For example, in the Dare to Dream program, you can teach young students English.