Eco-friendly travel guide to Kharkiv advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Kharkiv, Ukraine.
- Air quality: 4 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 3.5 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 4 / 5
- Public transportation: 4 / 5
- Parks: 4.5 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 3 / 5
- Safety: 3.5 / 5
- Accommodation: US$120 - $160
- Budget per day: US$100 - $110
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Kharkiv is one of the largest cities in Ukraine. There is so much to see and so much to explore. You can start your travel journey by visiting various theaters, libraries, and museums here. Kharkiv has a rich history so you will also have a great time learning about it. It can be your perfect holiday destination this season if you want to explore new places with your friends or family.
The biggest tourist attractions here are the annunciation and dormition Cathedrals. Kharkiv is also called the city of machinery and electronics. The Derzhprom building in freedom square and the national university of Kharkiv is the best tourist spot here. You can explore these beautiful places while fulfilling your duties as a responsible traveler. Some of the tips you will find helpful are:
- Choosing the right transport method: A major part of your travel experience is discovering every nook and cranny of the city. While you will have transport options like private cars and taxis at your disposal you need to know that not only do they contribute to more congestion and traffic pollution but also emit harmful gases into the environment. So, choose options like walking, cycling, electronic, and public transportation in general.
- Trying local food: A huge part of the local culture is the traditional food that is offered at the local traditional restaurants and by street food vendors. Instead of just sticking to international fast-food franchises that contribute to so much waste being produced in the world, you should try the local options. Not only will it help the local economy but also will directly help the families whose sole source of earning are these small food businesses.
- Do not throw waste: As an eco-friendly traveler, you need to promote green as much as possible in the city to motivate not only fellow tourists but local people. When you visit any tourist attractions especially city parks, make sure you do not throw any food wrappers and do not just stop at that but if you see any trash, pick it up and throw it in the dustbin. It might look like a very small thing to do but has a huge impact on people watching especially the children present in the park since they learn and mimic the behavior of other people around them.
- Choose a green hotel: Plenty of accommodations are available in the city that provides you with a top-notch experience but instead of choosing them, you can pick green hotels for your stay. They use eco-friendly measures to reduce the pollution and waste of the city. This is one of the great ways to contribute towards to city to keep it safe and clean.
- Shop local: In order to support local craftsmen and artisans always shop local. During your trip to the city, you will come across small shops and food stalls in almost every lane of the city. If you want to have an unforgettable experience in the city, then buy goods and foods from these shops. This will not only help you to save a lot of money but you will be supporting a lot of local people who are dependent on their small businesses to earn a livelihood.
Air Quality and Pollution
Kharkiv is the center of the machinery and electric industries. The main causes of air pollution in the city are the emission of harmful gases into the environment. Now with the help of the government, the levels of pollution are in control. Currently, the quality of the air is good and it is safe to travel or roam around the city without any masks or precautions. You can even plan for outdoor activities with your loved ones. You can carry medicines with you if you have a delicate respiratory system. The pollution rates may increase or decrease during the rush hours so you can check the pollution index of the city before planning any tour to the local places. The Air Quality index ranges from 20-50 which is pretty good according to the WHO standards.
Respect the Culture
The population of the city is about 1.5 million and it is also called a multinational city. The city is famous for its beautiful buildings which are nothing short of architectural marvels. This place is a mixture of the modern and ancient eras which makes the city even more attractive. Svobody Square is their main attraction in the city and tourists are very fond of this place. The city has altogether twenty-nine gardens, ninety-two garden squares, four water parks, and five quays which make the city livelier and gather the attention of the people.
Art galleries, public libraries, theatres, museums all are places worth seeing if you truly want to experience Ukrainian culture. An important aspect of respecting the local culture is being polite towards the locals and their lifestyle. Things might be done differently where you come from but that does not mean you should frown upon the local's way of living.
Top 10 Places to Visit
Today Kharkiv is one of the topmost places in Ukraine where people love to visit. The reason behind this thing is that it gives valuable experience and some wonderful memories. But now if you want to make your trip more interesting, then you have to try out these 10 places.
- Mirror Stream - It is a natural fountain that is surrounded by shiny lights during the evening time. It is nothing short of an architectural marvel and the fact that it is protected by UNESCO should be a testament to that.
- Kharkiv Zoo - It is a state zoological park and one of the must-visit places in Kharkiv. You will get to see some of the wild Ukrainian elephants and lions. Definitely a great cultural and educational experience.
- Holy Annunciation Cathedral - This church was established in the year 1901 and is still one of the most important places in the city. The building of the church itself is stunning and you will be left in awe after seeing it.
- Water Park jungle - It is an indoor water park where you can enjoy fascinating water games.
- Pokrovsky Monastery - Believe it or not, but it is true that it is a 16th-century monastery. Here you will get to discover some of the greatest works by the rulers of Ukraine.
- Kharkiv Choral Synagogue - This synagogue is the biggest in the country and if you are a fan of historical buildings and interesting architecture designs then this is a must-visit.
- Yuri Gagarin Planetarium - Everything that a planetarium should have is present here from the starry sky to a space museum and even astronomical lessons so if you have kids accompanying you, this place is a must-visit.
- Feldman Ecopark - This is another zoo where you would find some renowned birds and reptiles. Take a camera along and capture them as your best memories.
- Dormition - An awesome cathedral that tells you how the Russian empire contributed during their tough times. It takes you to the early ages and gives you a better feeling of war in those days.
- Lovebirds monument - This monument that was inaugurated in 2002 is a work of art and worth visiting when in Kharkiv.
There is so much to explore and so many hidden gems as well in Kharkiv. You will not run out of places to see and your itinerary will be pretty packed especially if you are on a short trip.
- Napk Ctpenka - This is a lovely park where you can go and get a better level of relaxation. People often come here and get absorbed in their beautiful ambiance. In the beginning, you may find it boring, but later on, you would understand its true value.
- Tsentral Park - This park is meant for children of all ages. They are always eager to come here and want to experience something new. Make a double tick of this place in your travel diaries so that you never forget to bring your children's.
- Pokrovskiy City Park - A quaint little park with excellent views. Great place to spend a peaceful morning or evening.
- Park Shevchenko - A favourite among locals and tourists. It is both a landscape and botanical park with many different monuments.
- Dvorichanskyi National Nature Park - It is the only national park in Kharkiv. A lot of valleys and slopes with limestone and different kind of trees, flowers etc. It is worth visiting if you are a nature lover.
The city has some rivers and lakes such as Oskil RIver, Oril River, Kharkiv River, Lopan River, Udy River but not a lot of beaches. The only beaches that is worth visiting is:
- White Beach - This is the best beach in the city that is very well known for relaxing. You will find a lot of people in this area from children to elder people walking on the beach. They also provide swimming and other activities to people that make it more marvelous. You can visit this beach to have a very comfortable experience and a relaxing time.
The top landmarks of Kharkiv include:
- Gorky Central Park: A huge amusement park which offers tons of activities so you will not get bored at all. One of the most popular places to visit in the city.
- Freedom Square: You can't miss it. One of the largest squares in Europe with countless trees, open spaces, skyscrapers and what not. Many concerts and events take place here.
- Botanical gardens: For all the nature lovers, the botanical gardens in Kharkiv are a must visit. A lot of different species of flora and fauna are on display.
- Great War memorial: Located in a forest park, this place is a must visit for all the history buffs especially if you want learn more about World War ||.
- Software and Computer Museum - The collection of this museum is pretty vast going back all the way to the 1930's. Some of the most unique consoles, gadgets and electrical devices are on display.
- Kharkiv State museum - You will see that this place is famous in the whole of Ukraine. It is because it has the finest structures of fossils, minerals, and rocks.
- M. F. Sumtsov Kharkiv Historical Museum - If you truly want to learn about the culture and history of Ukraine, then this is a must visit. Over hundreds and thousands of objects of historical significance are on display here and tell you a story about Ukraine and its people.
Food is an important part of any travelling experience. It gives you an insight to the local culture, people and their lifestyle. Ukrainian cuisine has so many interesting and unique dishes that were curated centuries a go and the recipes have been passed down from generation to the next. From the traditional Borscht soup which is a staple and a signature in Ukrainian cuisine to the flat cakes and Chicken Kiev, they have at all.
You will have a great gastronomical experience in Kharkiv and get to try not only the traditional Ukrainian cuisine but food from all over the world is available here.
Traditional Local Restaurants
You can get a variety of options when it comes to traditional restaurants in Kharkiv. The culture of the city can be seen from these traditional dishes which are made from the basic ingredient but with the old methods.
You can get a brief idea about the dishes before ordering. Some of the big restaurants have their menu printed in English so that the travelers can easily understand the ingredients of the dishes before ordering. There are multiple traditional restaurants among which the following are the best one
- Sloboda - A great restaurant to try out authentic Ukrainian cuisine and with the traditional Ukrainian music playing in the background, the ambience of this place makes it a must visit. The food is amazing, service is great and prices are reasonable.
- Nikas Restaurant – If you are looking for a traditional restaurant where you can get the traditional dishes of the city then this is the best place for you. The interiors are designed beautifully and marvelously which will definitely attract you. This restaurant is very picturesque so you should definitely visit this restaurant when you are in Kharkiv. Quality products are used to make all the dishes here; the place is generally very crowded so make sure you book your seats in advance before stepping into the restaurant.
Vegetarian and Vegan
If you are a vegetarian or some who prefers vegan foods over non-vegetarian dishes then there are plenty of options to choose from.
- Green food café - This is one of the best vegan restaurants in Kharkiv. There are a variety of vegan dishes available in this restaurant. It even a special menu which is called the raw menu. On the raw menu, you will see a variety of salads with delicious dressings. You can even get organic wine here so it is a perfect place for an evening hangout with your loved ones.
- Soup Culture – This restaurant is a bit different from any other regular restaurant as they serve a variety of soups only. These soups are made of vegetables and spices along with some dairy products like cheese or cream. The rich flavors of the soups will definitely blow your mind. It can be the best option for your evening snack.
Your travel journey to Kharkiv is incomplete without fine dines in the streets of the city. The city is filled with lots of flavorful dishes and you should try each and every dish here. There are multiple streets in the market area or in the main city where you can get the authentic taste of the traditional Kharkiv cuisine. You can get a variety of cuisines here as well whether you want to eat European cuisine or Italian cuisine, the city has it all. Some of the dishes worth trying are:
The city is filled with bars and cafes for every age group. You can have a variety of craft beers here and there are multiple local drinks of the city that need your attention as well. The selection of beer in every cafe or bar is different so you can get a lot of options where you can taste and make a new favorite for yourself. You can visit the Red Door Pub which is Hoholya Street, the handmade beers are the specialty of this pub.
The place is usually filled with young people a lot. You might not get a place to settle down in the rush hours so it is highly recommended to book a table in advance. Some of the drinks worth trying are:
The quality of the water is safe for a drinking here but it is not recommended to use tap water idly from any part of Ukraine. The water quality may differ from one area to another so it is highly recommended to buy filtered water from the local shops here. Bottled water in Kharkiv is very cheap and easily available in every restaurant and shop. Tap water is idle for all the other purposes here like washing clothes, brushing your teeth, etc. but you cannot consume it idly.
If you are in some rural areas of the city then you can use tap water after boiling it for five to ten minutes. The government is continuously working on improving the quality of the water here. The restaurants and hotels have water purifiers for the customers so you don't need to worry about the safety of water here as there are multiple alternatives available here.
Organic cafes are a blessing for health-conscious travelers. When you are traveling, you might not get proper foods with an appropriate balance of nutritious foods, so you can rely on organic cafes to keep yourself hydrated by consuming organic drinks and foods. It will help you to maintain a balanced nutritious diet. These cafes are very spacious with indoor and outdoor seating facilities. Here are the best organic cafes in Kharkiv which you can try.
- Some like it hot
- Gorcafe 1654
Breweries cafes are like a paradise for alcohol lovers. You can get a variety of flavored beers that are handmade. The majority of the beers are fermented with brewers' yeast. The whole process of milling, malting, boiling, lautering, fermenting, conditioning, and packaging is done in these breweries. You can get a sneak peek at the plantation area where the beers are made as it is very fascinating and travelers love to explore the plants. Here are the best breweries of Kharkiv where you can get the best quality beers.
There are tons of orthodox churches in Kharkiv where you can spend some time. It will take several days to visit all the churches in Kharkiv. The city is filled with some parks where you can play some outdoor games with your loved ones. The best time to visit Kharkiv is between June to September as there are many festivals that take place at this time of the year. It generally stays cold from October to March so if you want to visit the city in the colder days then you can plan your trip accordingly.
The city is well known for its architectural designs and monuments; you can explore these historical sites and gather more information about the culture of the city. The architecture of the city will give you some old school vibes and the street of Kharkiv looks very picturesque as well.
Yoga and Retreats
You can take a break from your daily chaos and enroll yourself in yoga classes for a few days. It will help you to relieve stress and make you relaxed. Your body needs relaxation from all the traveling chaos you have made so far, it will prepare you for your next destination. Kharkiv is filled with yoga centers with different styles that suit everyone. You can also book online classes which are relatively low prices as compared to the studios but the atmosphere in a perfect well-furnished studio is something different which you will not find anywhere else. You can choose according to your preference.
The accommodation is the most important part of traveling. This is the very first thing you look for when you reach an unknown place. You can get a variety of options depending on your budget location priority. You can get several agencies outside the airports that are advertising their accommodation features, you can directly choose from there only. If you want you can self guide yourself and get a better place to stay.
The prices of these hotels or lodges may vary from one another. The price of the same hotels or lodges may increase or decrease depending on the demands of the customers. Generally, the prices are affordable. You can choose to stay in green hotels here or you can share an apartment with other travelers. You have the liberty to choose from these options here. You can even choose to live in a guest house where the rents are comparatively low from the five-star hotel.
Green hotels are best to stay in your favorite destinations as it allows you to stay close to nature. These hotels are similar to any other hotels in term of infrastructure and interior designs, the only difference you can witness here is the utility of resources. These hotels are designed in such a way where all the materialistic things are eco friendly and reusable. You can get a variety of other things to do here. Some of these hotels have attached swimming pools where you can relax and most of the hotels have a restaurant in it where they serve mostly vegan dishes and some meat dishes. All the dishes are made of organic products. Here are some best green hotels in Kharkiv.
- Chichikov Hotel
- City club hotel
- Hotel and spa NEMO with dolphins
Hostels and Guest Houses
Hostels and guesthouses are the best options for students and job seekers. If you are a student and want to shift to Kharkiv for the purpose of studying then hostels are best for you. It will provide you a healthy environment to study with lots of outdoor and indoor activities attached to it. If you are someone who wants to shift to Kharkiv for job purposes then choose to stay in guest houses, they have the perfect environment for an employer. You can get foods and beverages as well in these guest houses and in some cases, you might get to share your room with other travelers where you can share the rent as well. Here are the best hostels and guesthouses in Kharkiv.
- Central hostel
- Station hostel
- Guesthouse Nasha Dacha
Kharkiv is blessed with beautiful apartments at beautiful locations as well. These fully furnished apartments are best for travelers who are willing to stay in the city for more than three months. You will get all the facilities here and it will make you feel like you are living in a second home. You can get an attached kitchen in every apartment where you can you're your own food.
You can even share this apartment with other people. The apartments are the places where you can find a lot of local people residing there. You can have a chit chat with them in your free time, this will help you to understand the city very well and you can also acknowledge the culture of the city through the lifestyles of the locals. Here are some best apartments in Kharkiv with the best views.
- Historical center ‘’Apartments on Kontorskaya’’
- Kharkiv apartments on Pushkinskaya
Couchsurfing is a community of travelers that helps other travelers when they are visiting each other’s hometown. It allows you to stay in the house of the people and they will provide you food as well. You can take the help of couch surfing to stay in a house for two to three days as it is not meant for longer stays. By doing these you can learn about the culture of the city and the native language of the people, you can also gather information about the best places to visit. Couchsurfing is a modern way of traveling which is loved by travelers all over the world.
The camping sites of this city are something you should not miss when you are in Wroclaw. The least you can do is that you can spend a night at one of these lovely camping sites in Kharkiv. The services are outstanding with the mesmerizing view of the city will definitely make your trip the best trip ever. You can easily communicate with the staff in English here. It’s a perfect place to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature as it allows you to stay closer to Mother Nature which is the ultimate source of healing.
How to Get There
Kharkiv is blessed with all the modes of transportation. You can get a variety of options when it comes to traveling to the city. The buses are well connected with all the outer places of the city. If you are traveling from a different country then you can opt for airways to reach the city. The inner part of the city can be explored through buses, taxis, metros, minibusses, private cars, and trolleybuses. You can get a direct flight to travel to the other cities of Ukraine. The best way to travel to the city is by public transport. They are super cheap and comfortable. You can easily get the tickets from the stations which are situated in every corner of the city.
Kharkiv international airport is the main airport of the city which is served by a number of airlines. It is the fastest mode of traveling which is preferred by travelers a lot. If you are traveling from other countries then airways are your only option. The ticket prices are not constant, it differs from time to time. The airlines you are choosing to travel to have the authority to decide the fare charges. Traveling through the air will allow you to reach your favorite destination way faster than any other mode of travel. The facilities of flights are amazing as well; your ticket covers all the charges including food to eat.
The bus network of Kharkiv is very massive as there are a number of buses that run throughout the city. The buses are available for passengers who love to travel at night. You can see a variation of buses in the city as there are regular buses and along with that you can see minibusses and trolleybuses which are the charms of the city. You can book the tickets directly on the spot and if you are planning for the long journey, then you can book the ticket in advance. The main bus lines have an official website from where you can book the tickets.
Trains in Kharkiv are well connected with all the small big towns of the country. You can choose to travel by train if you want to explore the other cities of Ukraine. A journey through a train can be very exciting and thrilling as you will be able to notice the lifestyle of the people here. The trains are meant to cross several destinations to reach a certain place and you can enjoy the beautiful views of the city through them. This is the best public transportation mode you can choose to travel anywhere. The trains are very advanced in Kharkiv with lots of faculties available,e in there, it makes your journey even more memorable.
Hitchhiking will allow you to save a lot of money and it is the most popular means of traveling nowadays. It is the most adventurous and thrilling way of traveling, it allows you to make a lot of memories on your way to your desired destination. You just need to find the busiest road from where you can start your journey. The people of Wroclaw are very cheerful and helpful so you can gather information about the city as well while you are riding. Language can be a problem here but you can communicate in English by breaking the words in such a way that the driver can understand where you want to go.
The city has a very good history of traveling by bicycle or motorbike. There is a separate lane for the pedestrians and bicycles, and areas near the market or the main city can be traveled by walking only. The inner part of the new town can be traveled through metros and trolleybuses which look super cool and fascinating and there are auto lines as well that cover all the main areas of the city and the rest can be covered by walking only. You should always look for ways where you can serve nature by using vehicles that create less pollution.
How you are traveling the city is very important in order to get the maximum joys of traveling. You can always choose walking in order to notice the little details of the city which is not possible with any other means of transport. The market areas are meant to be explored by walking only. The streets are so narrow that it might take a lot of time to reach a place through cars. You can rent a bicycle and travel to the city, it is easily available and at a very low cost as well.
The market areas can be explored by walking only and it is best for your health well. Most parts of the city are meant to be traveled by walking as it does not allow any vehicle to roam there. The culture of the city can be seen by walking. You can even shop and eat from the local vendors where the actual beauty of the city lies. There are varieties of street vendors selling a number of items in a day from where you can buy things that will be there with you forever as the memory of the city. This window shopping can only be done by walking. The city is full of historical sites and churches which make it even more convenient to walk and explore. Separate footpaths are made for pedestrians.
Kharkiv holds a record when it comes to cycling as the majority of the locals here love to ride a bicycle. The city celebrates an annual cycling day which is attended by many people or more than 12000 at least per year. There are few cycling routes that have been arranged for the riders to roam around the city’s top travel locations. You can easily get a bicycle on rent here and explore the inner part of the city through it. The parking lots of the city have separate sections for bike parking so it will be easier for you to park your bicycles. There are several service centers in different parts of the city to serve you even better.
A total of 446 electronic cars are registered in the Kharkiv region. So, electronic vehicles are easily available all over the city; you can add this to your travel journey to make it more special. Traveling through chargeable cars will help you to protect the environment from harmful gases. These cars are easily accessible and you can easily get them for rent from the local shops here. You can even get these types of rental cars at your hotel where you are staying, as some of the hotels in the city have the facility of providing rental electric cars to their customers. You can check with the local renting car stations as well. The charging stations are available all over the city so you don’t have to worry about charging the cars anytime.
Public buses can be your best option to travel to the city. Being an eco-friendly traveler you should opt for public transport as much as possible. The bus network in the city is very dynamic. You can easily get a bus here to travel the entire city and the outer areas as well. The buses here are well connected with the other cities of the country as well so you can comfortably ride from one city to another. The ticket prices of these buses are very cheap. You can even see the variation in the buses here. Long buses for the longer routes and mini or trolleybuses for the shorter routes. There are several bus stations in the city from where you can directly buy the tickets.
Tram, Train and Subway
Kharkiv is blessed with all the different modes of transportation. You can easily get a train, tram, or subway to travel to different parts of the country. Kharkiv is the second-largest city in the country with all the facilities available in it. The tram is the charm of the city and you should definitely travel through trams here. The trams here are the best mode of transport among the locals and it is frequently used by the travelers as well. The trains are basically available for the traveler who wants to explore the other cities of the country. Though you can use it to travel to the small places of Kharkiv. Subways are best for a traffic-free traveling experience. You can use this to travel the inner part of the city.
Karavan Megastore is the biggest shopping mall in Kharkiv. It can be your one-stop destination for all the things you need. You can get multiple international brands here, from clothing to household items, literally, everything you can think of you can get here. The mall has several sections among which the cafeteria is the main attraction of the mall. You can have your evening snacks here while doing some shopping. There are varieties of products available for all age groups. You can even enjoy a good movie in cinema halls here with your loved ones.
Tsentralny Rynok is the oldest food market in Kharkiv. The food markets are the most crowded place in the city. the locals of the city here mostly prefer to buy their groceries and other items from this market. This market is very huge and you can get almost everything you can think of in terms of foods here. If you are planning to stay longer in the city and want to cook a good meal for yourself then you can buy the fresh groceries and the other raw materials required for the foods. The prices are very cheap and affordable here as compared to any other places in the city.
There is a big flea market which is located a bit far away from the center of the city. This market has all the antique or vintage items of the city. You can find a variety of stuff here which reflects the culture of the city. You might get something useful and there is no guarantee that you can get similar items again in your second visit so make sure you buy them when you like them before it slips in the hands of others.
Second Hand Stores
You can buy almost everything you can think of in these second hand stores. The conditions of the used items are so good that it is hard to tell whether the product is used or not. The low prices of the used items always attract tourists from all over the world. You just can’t explore all the stores in one day, as these stores are very popular not only with the travelers who are fond of these second-hand stores but also with the locals of the city. Buying all your necessary items from these stores will allow you to fulfill your duty as a responsible traveler.
Kharkiv has a vibrant and diverse shopping landscape, where you’ll find international luxury brands and domestic designer labels all mixed in with a plethora of vintage and consignment shops. In recent years, however, fashion waste has become a serious issue, especially with the heaps of disposable clothing and accessories coming out of the fast fashion industry. Although this global problem is a tough one to tackle overnight, a select group of brands and shops in Kharkiv are heading in the right direction by focusing their attention on up-cycling.
Recycling or the art of utilizing old stuff to get its maximum value is very important in today’s world. The environment is getting polluted due to the deposition of solid non-degradable waste into the dumping ground in a large quantity.
Being the favorite travel destination, Kharkiv is filled with travelers throughout the year. This increases the chances of waste generation in the city. The government has taken several measures to control waste generation by creating green hotels for travelers. Try to stay in these types of hotels when you are in the main city.
Work and Study Abroad
If you are a student and want to study in a big city abroad then Kharkiv is a great choice. It is one of the safest cities in the world for the students as it holds the rank of 52nd in the world in terms of safe places. Which makes it a perfect place for your higher studies. There are multiple colleges and universities which are associated with foreign universities or colleges. The salary packages for the employees who are coming from different regions of the world are very attractive and the cost of living in this city is affordable too. You can easily get accommodation for yourself if you are here for job purposes. You can check the official websites of the particular fields before planning any trip to Kharkiv.
An exchange student is a program in which students from universities or secondary schools can get a chance to study in foreign institutes. These foreign institutes are partners of their home institute. An exchange student program is a very popular and effective way of getting jobs in foreign countries. It will allow you to gain knowledge and skills which can be beneficial for your future. The universities of Kharkiv have many partner universities all over the globe.
Au Pair can be a very good option for you to stay in a different location if you are new to the place. This allows you to stay in the homes of the locals in exchange for some household work you will get a place to stay and foods to eat.
Volunteering can be a very good idea if you want to keep your favorite destination clean and pollution-free. Try to volunteer for teaching, cleaning, and other works in Kharkiv.