Eco-friendly travel guide to Kochi advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Kochi, India.
- Air quality: 2.5 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 4.5 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 4.5/ 5
- Public transportation: 4 / 5
- Parks: 5/ 5
- Outdoor activities: 5 / 5
- Locals' English level: 4.5 / 5
- Safety: 2.5 / 5
- Accommodation: US$25 - $200
- Budget per day: US$50 - $200
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
The city of Kochi is a popular tourist destination. Tourists from all over the world come to see its picturesque hill stations, historic buildings and beaches. The city is well connected by air and water and you can reach the city easily by air. You can also visit the other beautiful places in the region like Varkala and Vypinath in Kerala. If you are traveling with your family, you can take a trip to Bekal Beach in Kozhikode.
The beaches in Kerala are very lovely and you will surely enjoy them if you go to this state. Many beach resorts are available in the city and you can also opt for some luxury hotels that can make your stay very comfortable and hassle-free.
- If you are traveling with your children, then you should definitely book for a houseboat vacation in Kerala. The houseboats are quite amazing as they can give you a chance to see nature at its best. The water is clean and you can relax and enjoy the beauty of the ocean while you are sailing at the back of a houseboat. You can get great food on board and also indulge in some exciting activities such as fishing, water skiing, rafting, sailing and so on.
- If you are an adventure lover, then you should go for hiking in Kerala. This can be done through a combination of trekking and biking. These two activities can be combined and you can choose to climb a mountain or walk up a hill. You will be amazed by the landscape and the landscapes are very diverse. The terrain in the state is ideal for trekking and the environment is very friendly.
Air Quality and Pollution
Air quality and pollution in Kochi are highly prone to various pollutants, like dust, dirt, etc., which are emitted by vehicles on the roads, etc. Hence it is very important for the concerned agencies of the city to ensure that the levels of pollutants are kept under check by regular cleaning activities.
The problem with pollution is that the same happens everywhere. Hence the need for a constant and systematic monitoring and controlling of pollution levels can never be avoided in all situations. So, how do you deal with this? Well, in the state of Kerala, there are several agencies, which deal directly with the pollution in the city and its surrounding areas.
The most prominent agency dealing with pollution in Kochi is the Environmental Monitoring Services (EMOS). They have a team of experts who monitor the levels of pollutants in the city and its surroundings and they also provide immediate remedial measures. They even ensure that your vehicle does not emit any harmful substance into the air.
The EMOS in Kochi also ensures that the necessary steps are taken to prevent further damage. They also conduct regular meetings with the authorities in the city and make sure that all the pollutants are reduced and the air is safe and clean.
Respect the Culture
One of the things that people who visit Kochi often find is that there is a great level of respect for the culture and the way of life that the locals are involved with. People of Kerala enjoy a lifestyle that is truly unique. They live in a place where they can walk down to a local store and find something for them to eat, drink or use as a home-based business.
For this reason, people from Kochi often visit the beaches of Kochi. This is not simply because they like the weather and the beach life. There is a reason that tourists from all over the world spend their vacations in Kerala and that reason is that the people there know how to treat people well and have an interest in learning about other cultures. When you travel to Kerala, you will notice that there is an interest in learning about other cultures as well. This is something that is very important.
Another thing that makes it appealing to tourists from all over the world is that Kochi is a place where you can see some of the best temples in India. A number of temples in Kerala are quite old, so they are very special and have an importance that goes beyond their age. Some of these temples date back hundreds of years and many visitors are happy to see the architecture and the history of the places. These temples are also worth seeing on your trip to Kerala.
When you go to Kerala, you will notice that they are quite fond of eating out. They love to eat out at restaurants that serve good food. This is not only because of the taste, but because it allows them to be able to interact with other people in their community. Even though they enjoy eating out, they still want to go out and have fun. You will find that when you visit Kerala, you will find that it is possible to enjoy some of the most exciting nightlife in the country.
Top 10 Places to Visit
So, what are some of the top places in Kochi that tourists love to visit? The top 10 places to visit in Kochi would include: The Alleppey Heritage Park: This park is home to various species of wildlife such as Bengal tigers, elephants and many more. This is a great place for wildlife lovers to enjoy a safari or just to get close to nature.
- Kovalam: This is the main beach on Kerala which is famous for its pristine beaches and turquoise waters. You can enjoy all kind of water sports like swimming, snorkeling, parasailing and other water activities.
- Fort Kochi: This is the main fort in Kerala and is famous for it's beautiful architecture, museums, gardens and wildlife sanctuary. This is also a great place to explore the ancient architecture and history of this state.
- Fort Kochi Temple: This temple is home to a large statue of Lord God and Goddess. It is also famous for it's traditional way of worship and for its unique religious places.
- Kerala Houseboats: One of the best ways to explore the beauty of this beautiful state of India is by enjoying houseboat ride over beautiful backwaters. You can enjoy swimming, surfing, diving, canoeing and sailing in Kerala's backwater.
- Munnar: Munnar is an old temple town which is situated in south-western part of Kerala. Munnar is known for it's beautiful hill stations and for having numerous trekking trails and beautiful trekking tracks.
- Kochi Fort: Kerala is famous for it's beautiful fort which has been here since ages. It was built by Portuguese in the 1500s and is now one of the most visited tourist spots in India.
- Kovalam Hill Station: This is one of the oldest hill stations in Kerala and is well known for being a haven for wildlife and beautiful views. The best time to visit this place is between March and October.
- Ponmudi: The world famous Ponmudi caves are home to variety of wildlife species. This is an ideal place for bird watchers and nature lovers to enjoy a tour to these caves.
- Anjuna Beach: This beach is very popular among beach lovers because of its beautiful scenery and serene atmosphere. You can also enjoy fishing, boating and surfing in Kerala.
- Covelong: Kerala is also famous for its beaches and this beach is one of the best beaches for lovers of sun bathing. You can also explore other tourist attractions here like historical architecture, ancient churches and temples and historic monuments.
When you are there, you can also enjoy some amazing shopping spree at the various market places like Kovalam Market and Pothamedu Market in Munnar and you can also enjoy a tour in some of the temples. You can also enjoy a boat ride across the Arabian Sea. Whenever you are on a tour to Munnar, you can also enjoy the water sports and can enjoy some water skiing at various places that are present in Munnar.
The best time to visit Kochi's city parks is from October to March or from May to October, depending on the season. This is also the right time to visit places like Alleppey, Mararikulam, Kollam and Cochin. When you visit any of these parks, you will be able to enjoy many different activities like bird watching, nature watching, camping and fishing.
- Alleppey: If you want to go for a relaxing and serene experience, then Alleppey City Park is the place for you. Here you can enjoy the refreshing and peaceful surroundings of the park which are well maintained. The city of Alleppey is located in Kumarakom district and is only 45 kms away from Chennai.
- Mararikulam: The beautiful Mararikulam City Park is one of the best places to visit in Alapuzha district of Kerala. It is situated at the western end of the Alappuzhah beach and is a perfect location for relaxation and picnics. The most popular beaches of this area are Alapuzhadi beach, Muthulu beach and Karuvan beach.
- Kollam: Kollam City Park is a wonderful park located at the heart of Kollam, a small town situated in Kerala on the Arabian Sea. This is an ideal place to have a picnic with your family and friends. It has some beautiful spots in the park, which makes it a great place for picnics with your loved ones.
- Cochin: The Cochin City Park is one of the most famous destinations of India. In the past it was known as Kanyakumari, it was here that Vasant Dabholkar and Satyendra Bedi had fought for freedom in India. Today it has become one of the most sought after destination in India and it attracts a huge number of visitors to visit here for different purposes.
Here are the best National Parks in Cochin that will provide tourists with the perfect ambiance for their holidays.
- Ranthambore National Park - which is also known as 'the green hill station', is another famous tourist destination in Kerala. This national park is located at the north of Cochin and is known for its splendid scenic beauty and rich cultural heritage.
- Munnar National Park - which is also known as the 'Hemkunt National Park', is also another popular tourist destination in Kerala. It is situated at the foothills of Munnar hills and is famous for its gorgeous views and spectacular landscapes.
- Alleppey-Vijayawada National Park - which is also known as 'the land of the wild birds', is another highly popular tourist destination in Kerala. This national park is situated at the eastern part of Kerala and is highly popular among tourists.
- Kochi Beach: It is one of the most popular beaches and is one of the most popular tourist spots in Kerala. Kochi Beach has a lot of facilities and attractions that are worth visiting during your Kerala holiday.
- Kohinoor Beach: This beach is a perfect place for a complete relaxation and rejuvenation. Kohinoor Beach provides a perfect and ideal environment for enjoying sun bathing and other natural pleasures of sun bathing.
- The Palm Beach: This beach is situated in the south of Kochi. This beach is the ideal location for enjoying the various beach activities like snorkeling and windsurfing.
- Kumarakom Beach: The perfect location of the popular beach is situated on the south of Kuttanad. This beach has a lot of facilities and attractions and provides a perfect ambiance and environment for sun bathing.
- The Kochi Fort: The Kochi Fort has been around since 1790 and has a lot of history in it. This is a must visit site which showcases the rich culture of the state.
- Kochi Temple: A visit to the Kochi Temple is one of the most amazing places in Kerala. There is no other place that you will come across in India where you can get to see a temple like the Kochi Temple.
- Kerala is a paradise: Kerala is a paradise for art lovers and if you love to go on a trip in this state then one of the best places in Kerala is Kovalam. There is a world famous temple at this place and it offers a fascinating experience of watching the temple being built up.
Museums in Kerala are the best way to learn about the rich culture and history of the people. If you want to spend some time in Kerala then here are some of the attractions that can help you understand what Kerala is all about.
- Indian Museum: The only museum in Kerala is the Indian Museum, which is a very important place to visit and explore. The museum showcases the history of India since the Vedas. You will find a lot of artifacts here that will remind you of the past. Apart from this, you will find the Indian currency coins that were used in ancient times. You will also find a lot of rare artifacts here that have been passed down through generations of people.
There are many resorts in Kochi and hotels which provide luxury and comfort to its visitors.
You should know that when you plan to eat in Kochi, you should know the proper way of preparing the food. Many tourists who visit Kochi never get to understand the art of Kerala cuisine. This is one of the reasons why there are several problems in the restaurants and hotels of Kerala. Therefore, if you want to have delicious Kerala cuisine then you need to hire a professional chef and have him prepare the dishes on your behalf so that you enjoy the delicious food.
Traditional Local Restaurants
- Bistro B: The best restaurant in Kochi is called Bistro B. This restaurant is a little away from the beach and is considered to be one of the best restaurants in Kochi. The owners of this restaurant have been serving food at this place for a long time and so they know how to give you delicious delicacies and other great things that you will surely love.
Another restaurant that is highly recommended by tourists in Kochi is Dosa Restaurant, which has been serving traditional south Indian dishes at its restaurants since a long time and is also known to be one of the best restaurants in Kochi.
Vegetarian and Vegan
The world famous Top Restaurant in Kochi is the oldest and most reputed one. Its cuisine includes the delicious food of Kerala, which has made it a hit among the tourists from all over the
The most popular dishes served in all the restaurants are the delicious Indian food. Kerala cuisine is very famous in its own right and also has an international appeal due to the variety of dishes that are prepared here. This is what sets it apart from the other Indian cuisines.
- Chicken curry: Other popular types of Indian food are the chicken curry, which is a specialty of Kerala that is made from the chicken and it is seasoned with spices. This is why it is known as the chicken curry in Kerala and is prepared to perfection. The fried fish and prawns are very popular in Kerala and are cooked very tenderly.
- Chappathi: Other Indian food like the rice and chapatti is also popular in Kerala. The rice is prepared very gently and is cooked to perfection. It can also be prepared to go with the traditional Indian dosas. The Chapatti is very popular in Kerala and is a typical South Indian food that is used to make dosa.
- Coconut Drink: When consumed as a beverage, coconut water drink provides a nice change of pace from other beverages. Some people like to drink it plain while others prefer to add sugar, fruits, or any number of sweeteners. Most people choose to take one to two servings per day. Since it is so low in calories, you will need more than one glass to receive the amount of calories that you need each day.
Before booking any accommodation in a backwater resort in Kerala, you should be aware of the fact that tap-water in Kerala is not safe. There are certain precautions that you need to take to ensure that your water is not contaminated by chemicals. If you are planning to stay in Kerala on holiday, and staying in a hotel or guest house, you should firstly ensure that the taps in the room are turned off. If they are on, the chances of contaminated water is increased dramatically.
Most of the lakes in Kerala are located in a remote and hilly terrain, which make them prone to flooding. So, if you have decided to stay in a guest house in Kerala, it is advisable to ensure that the taps are turned off when not in use, and that no one is using them during the time of the day. In order to get rid of the harmful chemicals, you can opt for bottled water. But remember, if you choose bottled water, you should make sure that the water bottle is washed daily. This way, you ensure that the water is clean, pure and safe for drinking.
So, here's some of the best cafes to go to in Kochi this time next year. Mocha Art Bar, Qissa Cafe, Kashi Restaurant, Pepper House, Loafers Corner Restaurant. East India Street Cafe, Westlife Coffee Shop, Biscuits and Coffee. Mocha Art Bar, Qissa Cafe, Pepper House, Loafers Corner Restaurant, Kashi Restaurant, Pepper House, East India Street Cafe, Westlife Coffee Shop, Biscuits and Coffee, Pepper House, Loafers Corner Restaurant.
- Mocha Art Bar: This cafe was established in 1995 and is very popular. It has two branches in the city namely in the posh Bambolim Market and the posh Alleppey area. There is no cover charge, as there is on other cafes. You can sit and enjoy your coffee here while sipping a drink. Mocha also serves sandwiches and snacks. Mocha also offers a special Indian breakfast menu which is famous all over Kerala.
- Qissa: This cafe is located on the opposite end of the road from Mocha in Kochi City. The name Qissa means "The Bean". It is a very famous cafe for its chocolates and sandwiches. A special menu of fresh breads, salads, sandwiches, hot cakes and chocolates are served here. The staff is always friendly and patient. It is known to be one of the best cafes in Kochi.
- Pepper House: Pepper House is another cafe located in a very busy area in Kochi City. It serves local and international food. You can order whatever kind of food you want here including Chinese, French and Indian cuisines. The place is very clean and tidy and there is no clutter.
The oldest and most famous beer brewery in Kerala is the Kollam brewery. The tour starts from Kollam and travels along to Cherai, a small village near the Kochi International Airport. The entire tour is quite fascinating, with old equipment and pictures displayed. Free drinking, tasting is also available.
- Kollam KI brewer: The tour is also free and the whole tour is made possible with the help of a Kollam KI brewer that is equipped with an LCD screen that displays the information provided by the manufacturer of Kollam KI brew machines. The pleasure is high, and there is no disappointment for anyone who wants to drink the best beer in Kerala.
The beautiful sunset of Kochi is also a sight to behold. The sunsets are the best time of the day and the view and the sound are unforgettable. The sunset in this place is also beautiful because of the presence of many palm trees and palm tea gardens.
If you are looking for a way to relax then Kochi is the place for you. There are many things to do in Kochi like shopping, relaxing, swimming, beach side fun and many other fun filled activities. One of the best ways to relax is to take a leisurely drive down the hill roads of Kerala, you will find that these are full of surprises waiting for you at every turn.
The water Park offers different kind of attractions for the children like roller coaster rides, rafting, windsurfing and many others. The children can enjoy fun and games like water park tricks and also get a lot of free time on the beach to do what they love. If the children want to see the sea, then there is also a beach here where one can go surfing.
Yoga and Retreats
Yoga and retreats in Kerala are known to be the most relaxing and rejuvenating way of attaining self-awareness. It is an ancient practice that has been practiced in India for hundreds of years, but the Westerners have only recently begun to pay attention to it. Yoga is not only a means of physical exercise and the practice of meditative mediation; it is also a way of understanding your inner self and connecting with God. Yoga is also one of the fastest growing religions all over the world.
A large number of hotels and resorts can be found here but there are several things you should look out for while booking your accommodations here.
Hotels in Kochi are available in different shapes, sizes and price ranges. The price range depends on the number of bedrooms, the amount of space available inside and the location of the hotel itself. Some of the guest houses in Kochi provide facilities like laundry and dry cleaning. You can also compare the services offered by different Guest Houses in Kochi. The quality of services can also vary depending on the time of the year and the season.
- Oberoi Hotel in Kochi
- Taj Malabar Hotel Kochi
- Hotel Muthoot Plaza
- Club Mahindra-Lake View Hotel
- Park Hotel in Kochi
- Park Hotel in Kochi
- Vintage Inn
Hostels and Guest Houses
Whether you are an experienced traveler or a newly enticed one, there is no better place to stay in Kochi than the luxurious hotels in Kochi.
- Eliza Home
- Stay Inn
- Raintree Lodge
Kochi, the Gateway to Kerala is booming as the major city for establishing market. Many commercial and residential properties across Kochi have been urbanized immensely and they are all still in the process of development. Real estate investment in Cochin is now a striking asset.
If you are looking for a relaxing and fun holiday experience then Couchsurfing in Kochi is the way to go. A popular destination among foreigners who visit Kerala, it is one of the popular beach destinations in India that has plenty of things to do to keep its tourists entertained and occupied during their stay.
Kochi is a great place for camping and the camping locations in Kochi are excellent. Kerala is a beautiful state with plenty of wildlife sanctuaries, beaches, natural beauty and all that the tourists love to see. There are many places where you can choose to go camping in Kochi and here we have the list of some of them.
- Thalappayam: This one is one of the most popular camping locations in Kochi and is located at a place called Thalappayam. This is one of the best camping locations in Kochi as it is right away off the main road. The only problem that you may face here is that there are no bathrooms available at this place. The beach is very quiet here and there are some nice beaches that are around here.
- Alleppey: There is also a camp site called Alleppey where you can have some fun with your family. This camp is just around the corner from the sea and you will be able to enjoy swimming, water sports and even surfing. There are lots of other places to camp in Kochi like a lotus camp, which is near the beach and there is also a great camping location called Dharampuzha which is right next to Alleppey.
How to Get There
When it comes to transport in Kerala, a visit to the Bus station in Kochi is the first thing you will notice. This place serves as the national and international airport of Kerala and many people come here for their trip to Kerala from other parts of India. The Kochi International Airport offers a great option for all the travelers who are looking to have a hassle free travel from all over India. It offers flights to all the major places like Delhi, Agra, Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore and other places of India. If you are planning to stay in Kerala and have a business trip, you can also book flights to this place and you will surely find it very comfortable and convenient
Kochi International Airport in Kerala is an international airport servicing the capital city of Kerala, the state of India, at Kochi. Located in Nedumbassery, about twelve kilometers from the capital city, Kochi International Airport is the first of its sort that is developed under the public-private partnership model. The airport was built under a private operator by a private company with assistance from the state government and it is run by a private entity.
Kochi has an abundance of options for those interested in buying a Public Bus in Kochi. There are numerous buses to choose from, which would fit into one's budget and also provide the transport needed to reach different places in the city.
Cochin Port Terminus (CPT) is among the finest railway stations in Kerala, in India. It is situated on the Willingdon Islands. The railway station was shut down and all the trains for the station from Ernakulam junction were stopped last year. However, the situation has changed recently and the railway station was opened by the Railway Board.
The state of Kerala is renowned for its scenic beauty. It also provides some of the best hitchhiking destinations in India. There are several places where you can easily find a beautiful beach or an appealing hill station. The state has three beautiful islands. Kochi Island, Alleppey Island and Kovalam Island are among the most visited places. Other tourist attractions of Kerala include Varkala, Fort Kochi, Ponmudi, Fort Kochi, Kollam, Cochin, Munnar, etc.
To explore the amazing things that you can do while traveling around Kerala, one can hire a car in Kochi. This will enable you to explore the whole city and will help you to explore the backwaters, the beach and the wildlife sanctuary.
You have to book well in advance, in order to get a good deal on your bus tickets. It is very important to understand clearly what you are getting yourself into. in for, as you cannot just buy a cheap bus ticket and expect to get off after the ride.
Kochi has several options for people, who wish to travel in a bus. All you need to do is know where to look for them, and what one can get from a bus in Kochi.
The entire location is picturesque, and you can capture the magic of the surroundings through your lens if you have a good camera.
Kochi is the ideal place to begin a bike ride around Kerala with its scenic backwaters, peaceful beaches and lush green hillocks. A bike ride through the backwaters in Kerala is indeed a beautiful sight and can be a perfect way of relaxing.
To explore the amazing things that you can do while traveling around Kerala, one can hire a electronic vehicle in Kochi. This will enable you to explore the whole city and will help you to explore the backwaters, the beach and the wildlife sanctuary.
From the city's central location, one can take a Kochi public bus to the various sights and attractions, such as the Thalappilam temple, the beachfront, the hill stations and many more. However, before you decide to travel in a bus, it is always important to understand first what one can get from a bus.
When traveling in a public bus in Kochi, you will come across various routes that would take you to different places in the city. You could choose from the express buses, the local buses, the shared buses, the minivan, the super minivan, the executive bus, the luxury minivan and many more. This would help you understand how these buses work, thus allowing you to plan your trip according to what you need.
Tram, Train and Subway
Kerala has so many beautiful and picturesque spots that one can visit from a nearby railway station in Kochi. From temples to beaches to backwaters, from the wildlife sanctuary of Munnar to the historical backwaters of Alleppey, Kerala has something for every tourist to look forward to.
Whether one is shopping at the mall, shopping in an old-fashioned market or at a new-age shopping mall in Kochi, it is important to remember that sustainable shopping practices are the norm and not the exception. It is the responsibility of everyone to help make this happen so that more people will feel comfortable shopping in a way that is environmentally sound.
The Best Food Markets in Kochi are located in the heart of the city. The market is located on the banks of the Arabian Sea and is considered to be the prime location in Kochi for shopping. The shopping in Kochi is famous across the country because of the beautiful, vibrant architecture of the places in Kochi.
The main place where the Best Food Markets in Kochi can be visited is the Old Fort. This is the biggest building that is used for a tourist attraction and is situated on the banks of the river Alleppey. One can take a walk along the terrace overlooking the Alleppey Lake and at the end of the day, have a cup of tea. After a long day's shopping, one can take a break at the Old Fort Restaurant or the Boat Club Restaurant. This is one of the most
Kochi has always been an ideal location for flea markets. Here is some information that will help you find a flea market to visit on your Kerala trip.
In the initial days of Kerala, the flea market was quite popular in the state. This is because most of the traders who were dealing in leather goods, jewelry, textiles and other related products were self-employed and operated their business from their own houses. There was no central market. The trade could only happen at local levels.
Second Hand Stores
When you go to a shop in Kochi, you will find that most of the stores are located in two categories, first-hand stores and second hand shops. The stores that sell second hand items are either small shops that have multiple departments.
Eco-Fashion markets in Kochi are thriving, with various local fashion houses coming out with new concepts and styles to cater the varied requirements of the consumers. Fashion has always been a passion for Indians, and most of them prefer to keep themselves updated with the latest trends in fashion. They spend thousands of dollars on a dress or a pair of shoes for their day or for evening wear.
Waste Recycling in Kochi is a perfect combination of nature and science. The nature has given you this beautiful beach that is the perfect destination for a honeymoon or for that matter a romantic getaway and the nature have given you an eco-friendly method to dispose of all the trash. The eco-friendly method is the recycling.
The waste that is collected and placed at the recycling center has a certain limit so that there can be no more wastage and the waste can be recycled again. The process of recycling is eco friendly as it reduces your dependence on the environment and you can also save on your electricity bills.
Work and Study Abroad
A number of international students are studying in Kochi to better understand the local culture and the rules that govern life in this part of Kerala. The forum provided participants with the chance to learn from each other while learning from the local leaders of business in Kerala as well.
The Exchange Student program in Kochi, Kerala, is one of the best options that you can consider if you wish to earn good money from abroad. As the education sector in Kerala is booming, more foreigners are coming to Kerala to study for their overseas studies and jobs. It is an ideal place for you to study as the students of this school are able to get a wide choice of courses that suit their personalities and requirements.
If you were to try to look for an au pair in Kochi in your own area, it is very likely that you would end up paying a higher price than you would have done if you had hired someone from abroad. An Au pair in Kochi will cost you less than it would to employ an individual or child to be there because of the cost difference, and that price may even be less than it costs to employ a couple from abroad.
The volunteer organizations in Kerala will also want candidates who are well equipped with the required skills to perform their job properly. This means that it is very important to have a detailed knowledge about the specific work you intend to do. You can get in touch with your local library and you will find a lot of books on the subject. These books will help you get the job done according to the specifications that are given by the organization. The Internet also offers numerous articles on various jobs that you can do.