Eco-friendly travel guide to India advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to travel in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in India, Asia.
- Air quality: 2 / 5
- Bus connections: 4 / 5
- Train connections: 4 / 5
- Hitchhiking: 3 / 5
- National parks: 4 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 3 / 5
- Safety: 3.5 / 5
- Accommodation: US$10 - $200
- Budget per day: US$40 - $300
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 Regions
- 11 Cities
- 12 Getting There and Moving Around
- 13 Sustainable Shopping
- 14 Recycling
- 15 Work and Study Abroad
- 16 See Also
India is one of the colorful and diverse countries in the world. This country is known to be the seventh-largest country in the world by size and comes in the second spot by population. More than 1.3 million stays in this country from different religions. One of the best things about India is the culture and traditions that have been there since the very start.
You will be stunned to see the unique traditions in the country that are not available anywhere around the world. You will find a lot of famous attractions and some of the biggest landmarks in the world in this country during your trip. Not only attractions, but the Indian food, festivals, people, shops, buildings, transportations, locations, and cities, all of them will make your stay more in the country and enjoy it.
There are a lot of things that you can explore in the country for one of the best experiences. But make sure to help the country as much as you can. From popular places to people, try to contribute and play your part as a responsible traveler. When you are visiting this country, you need to keep some of the crucial things in your mind. So, here are some of the best things that you can do in the country.
- During your trip to India, you will witness a lot of restaurants that provide traditional Indian food to customers. However, you will also see plenty of street food vendors who are selling popular foods. Make sure to try them for both helping them and get a unique street food taste of the country
- The country offers a lot of parks and gardens that are filled with green. You need to visit them as an eco-friendly traveler. These places are the best to get close to nature and fresh air
- Although there are many different places available that you can choose for your stay, choose green hotels to get a staying experience and keep the country free of pollution
- You will find a lot of local transportations available in the country that is entirely eco-friendly. Choosing them will help the country as well as the local people. You can also rent electronic cars to help the country stay green
Air Quality and Pollution
The air quality is one of the major things that you need to know before visiting the country. Depending on it, you will need to take precautions to keep yourself healthy on the trip. The air quality of India is overall unhealthy. You might be able to get healthy air in some of the cities, but in most places, the air quality is not good. The air quality index of most cities is around 150-200 and pollution is also high, which makes it risky to travel without proper protection.
However, the pollutant in the air has decreased more than 5 times compared to 2019. If you have health conditions like breathing problems or asthma, then you need to consult with your doctor before visiting the country. They will help you to know which medicines are best for you to keep you protected.
Apart from that, make sure to bring pollution masks while visiting the country. No matter which time of the year you are visiting, make sure to check the air quality very well before stepping into the country with the help of online services. If you do not have any health conditions, then you can visit the country with masks to stay healthy.
Respect the Culture
Indian culture is one of the unique things that will give you a nice experience. The diversity of the culture will make you stunned, from Hindus, Christians to Muslims, and Sikhs, you will come across people of all different religions in the country. However, the majority of people in India belong to the Hindu region. You will be able to see different rituals and traditions in almost everything.
From food to weddings, you will be able to see a lot of different things in India. You will come across different languages, clothes, and other things in India. Apart from diversity, the country also offers a lot of rich histories that help to know more about the past kings and their empires. Some of the historical presence is still standing in the country and they are popular in the whole world.
From one of the wonders of the world to UNESCO heritage sites, you will be able to know a lot about the country from these places. Make sure to explore every corner of the country to get the best cultural experience. It will help you to make a lifetime memory with all the unique customs and traditions of India.
Top 10 Places to Visit
India offers a plethora of places to visitors that are world-famous. People from different countries visit India to explore these famous attractions once in their life. You will be mesmerized to witness some of them as they are historical monuments that date back to very old times. The unbelievable stories that are attached to most of the famous attractions make it more interesting.
From Indian mythology to different Indian gods appears in those stories very often. If you are planning to visit the country, then you need to know what are the places that you need to keep top of your list. So, here are some of the places that you must visit on your trip to India.
- Taj Mahal - This is one of the places in the world that does not need any introduction. Taj Mahal is one of the seven wonders in the world that is very popular. The story of the Taj Mahal represents one of the best histories of India. Without any doubt, this is the most iconic place in India that attracted millions of visitors to India every year. Taj Mahal is located in Agra, Delhi, and was built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan for his wife Mumtaz Mahal. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that is made with marble and known as the symbol of undying love
- Nubra Valley - This valley is situated in Ladakh that offers an eye-smoothing view to the travelers of natural beauty. The mountain peaks, monasteries, flags on the road, and the perfect color combination creates a landscape that is very rare. Make sure to make a permit and tag along with a guide to this valley to know all the stories and information regarding it. While visiting the valley, you will also get to witness many camels as well
- Kerala - There are locations in India that offer you a completely different experience from other cities or states and Kerala is one of them. This is a state in India that is known for offering diverse culture, tropical environment, outdoor activities, and others. Not only travelers from foreign countries but Indians from different cities also travel to this state. From the famous backwaters to tea gardens, Kerala offers a heavenly feeling
- The Ganges - One of the most common things that you will witness in most of the major cities in India is the Ganges. The water of the Ganges and the river is a holy place for Indians. Many cities in India are built on the banks of the Ganges. Rishikesh, which is known to be the yoga capital of the world, is also located very close to this river. Although the water has become much polluted of this river, it still attracts millions every year
- Jaipur - Situated in Rajasthan and known to be the capital of the state, Jaipur is one of the places that you need to put on your must-visit list. The city is also known as Pink City because of having pink buildings, pink walls, and pink streets. Not only the pink color that makes this city special from others, but there are many other things. From Hawa Mahal to Amber Fort, you will find plenty of historical palaces and monuments in this city
- Dal Lake - If you think that the Ganges is the only best place to enjoy the best water experience, then you are wrong. Dal Lake in Kashmir is one of a kind, which offers a rich culture and shopping experience. Travelers are taken on a Shikara ride that is similar to boats, they can roam the lake and visit the shops that are also built on houseboats to buy local things. Make sure to buy some things to help out the locals and get some souvenirs for you
- Thar Desert - As India is known for containing jungle, forest, mountains, and desert, you will be able to see most of the climates in this country. However, when it comes to deserts, the Thar Desert is known to be the best among all the others. It is located between the boundary of India and Pakistan. You can catch a glimpse of this desert from different states like Gujarat, Rajasthan, Haryana, but most of it is available in Punjab
- Golden Temple - When it comes to religious places in India, one of the names that come first to mind is the Golden Temple. This temple is positioned in Amritsar, which is a city in Punjab state. More than 100,000 people including both foreigners and Indian people get their free meal here every day. The shining golden color of the temple makes it very attractive to the visitors. The warm welcome of the local people and hospitality of Indian people will help you to get a very good experience
- Goa - For all the people who love to have a very good beach experience in India, Goa is the best destination. Goa is a state in India that is known as a relaxing place for travelers. From parties to outdoor activities, the beaches of the state offer a lot of things to travelers. The state offers more than 35 beaches to travelers that come with a nice view and a series of palm trees
- Himachal Pradesh - Located in the northern part of India and well-known for offering mountains. You will be able to catch some of the best glimpses of scenic beauty in the mountains in this state. The Tibetan culture and outdoor activities like climbing, trekking, and skiing make it very special and unique. Also, this place offers the beauty of the Himalaya as well and some of the longest mountain ranges in it
If you want to get the best experience of traveling to India, then you need to explore every corner of this country. India is popular and famous worldwide for offering a distinct culture and unique traditions. The Indian foods, clothes, people, places, buildings, and others reflect the culture very well. Compared to other countries, you will get a very different experience in this country. Apart from the culture, you will also get some of the best and popular famous attractions in the country that attracts millions of travelers from different countries every year.
In almost every major city in India, you will find a lot of amazing things. The vast difference in the culture and people in all the cities and religious diversity makes it a special country. You will get to witness one of the wonders, the Taj Mahal to the Himalayas, which is known for containing Mount Everest. It is a lifetime achievement to visit these places and witness them in person.
Apart from that, make sure to explore every city of India very well. The streets and buildings of Indian cities have interesting stories. From freedom fighters to kings, all stories of this country are very popular in India. Along with the stories, keep in mind to try the street foods that are available in almost every lane in India and its cities. Indian foods are a very important part of the culture and exploring it will help you to get a very good experience.
Some parts of the country are very well known for having a lot of greens. You will be shocked to see how many parks are available in each city in India. Most of them are very popular for having a lot of greens. As an eco-friendly traveler, you will be able to get a very good experience by traveling these parks. From fresh air to some rare species of trees are available in the city parks of India. Here are some of them given below that you need to visit on your trip.
- Deshpande Udyan - This is one of the best city parks in India that offers some of the best experiences. This is the largest city park in Pune, which is known for being decorated with Japanese style. The area of this local park is 10 acres of green land but contains a lot of green. Make sure to visit this garden on your tour to India
- Jubilee Park - When it comes to city parks, Jubilee Park is one of the largest ones in India. This park is located in Jamshedpur city that is popular for being built as Vrindavan garden. You will come across many foreign tourists in this city. Make sure to add this park to your list of must-visit parks in India
- Shivaji Park - Another large park in India is the Shivaji Park that is situated in Mumbai city. Apart from green, the city park is also known for being a cultural and historical place. There is also a statue of Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj that will make you stunned
Apart from city parks, there are also many national parks in India that you can visit to get close to nature. If you love to explore the wildlife and get the best experience of witnessing nature, then make sure to visit these national parks in India.
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park - This is one of the best national parks in the country, that offers a very special experience of exploring the wild. The park is located in Mumbai and is known for being the largest protected national park in Maharashtra. Different animals are kept here in the park that attracts a lot of foreign tourists and local people. Some of the rarest species of animals and trees are available in this national park that makes it very good to explore
- Guindy National Park - This park is positioned in Chennai that you must visit on your trip to the country. Although this park is not as large as other ones in the country, it contains very rich wildlife and many animals that will help you to explore very well. The green of this forest will help you to get fresh air and take you far from all the crowds of the city
India is one of the countries in the world that offers you all of the places together such as mountains, beaches, forests, and others. If you love to visit beaches and spend quality time with the light breeze and open sky, then this country will not disappoint you. There are many beaches available in India that will help you to make this trip memorable.
- Radhanagar - Although there are many beaches available in India, none of them are like Radhanagar beach. It is located in Andaman and Nicobar Islands in Havelock Island, which is known for offering crystal clear water. Not only India, but this beach is also one of the best beaches in Asia. It offers some sports activities to the travelers as well such as sailing, sunbathing, fishing, surfing, kayaking, and others
- Kaup - This beach is situated in Karnataka and is known around the whole world. You will get a view of blue and green as far as the vision goes. The beach is very famous for walking and witnessing sunsets along with some outdoor activities like banana boat riding, fishing, and others. There is a lighthouse on the beach that is also used by travelers to enjoy the sunset. Every year a lot of travelers visit this beach for the best experience
India offers a lot of landmarks to the travelers that help to witness the history and know the culture up close. Most of these landmarks are very well known around the world and some of them attract tourists from other countries as well. If you do not know which are those landmarks then here is the list of one of the popular ones that will help you to save a lot of time while visiting this country.
- Gateway of India - One of the most important landmarks of India is located in Mumbai. You will come across this landmark without much travel as it is situated in the center of Mumbai. Most of the time this place stays very crowded and filled with small vendors. After India got freedom, the British army left the country through this gate, which makes it a historical monument as well
- Taj Mahal - Needless to say that this is known to be the center of attraction in India for many tourists. This wonder of the world is very well known around different countries for history and of it. This is the most famous and attractive landmark in India that makes all tourists stunned
India offers more than 150 museums including some national museums as well that help travelers to know more about the history of India. Many kings have appeared in these chapters of history that makes this country more special. Some of the rare and priceless things are kept in these museums for tourists.
- Delhi National Museum - As the name suggests, this iconic nation museum of India is situated in Delhi that contains a total of 200,000 artifacts and other items from historical times. You can visit this museum to know some of the details of historical events
- Indian Museum - Among all the other museums in India, this one is the largest and oldest one that is located in Kolkata. The museum was built in 1984 and offers more than 35 galleries of archaeology, economics, botany, geology, zoology, and others. From animal skeletons to historical items, you will witness plenty of them in this museum
For Indians, food is one of the major things in their lifestyle. Just like the country, you will see the diversity in food too as in every corner of India, different types of foods are available. While some cities are known for making the best fish dishes, another one is popular for making the best vegan dishes. So, trying different dishes in the cities is very important to understand the food culture of the country. India is very well known in foreign countries for spices.
They often get surprised to see the number of spices that are present in an Indian dish. It is one of the unique things of India that is not available anywhere else in the world. A wide range of traditional dishes is popular in this country. You will be able to get all of them in different cities in the country. Apart from that, Chinese, Thai, and other types of foods are also available for the customers.
Make sure to try some of the best dishes in India that are not available anywhere else such as Biriyani, Dosa, Chapathi, Butter Chicken, Fish Curry, and others. Overall, if you are a food lover, then you will be able to have an unforgettable time in this country. Keep in mind to visit both the street food stalls and famous luxurious restaurants to get different tastes. It will also help the local people in India very much as many of them are dependent on tourism.
Just like foods, drinks are also a big part of Indian culture. You will find a wide range of drinks in almost every city in this country. From crafted alcohol to soft drinks, all different types of drinks are available. Some of them are very popular not only in India but in other countries too. The reflection of vibrant culture is also seen in the drinks. From lassi to rooh afza, every religion in India has its own drinks.
If you visit the nightlife of the country, then you will be able to get a long-range of local and international drinks. During your trip to India, you will find many juice stores that can help you to get refreshed and provide energy. The unique taste of Indian drinks will make you feel wonderful. Some of the must-try traditional drinks in India include shikanji, badam milk, jigarthanda, thandaii, lassi, and others.
It is best to drink most of the juices and soft drinks from the street to get them at a low cost. You can also visit the local bars and restaurants in the country to try the local beers and alcohols. Take the help of local people to find out some of the best and special drinks in the country.
Before visiting the country and starting your exploring tour, you need to ensure that you will be healthy in this country. One of the best ways to ensure that is by checking the local tap water. In many places, tap water is not very healthy to drink or to be used for different activities, and it is completely safe in others. However, the tap water in India is not good for drinking in most places.
Although restaurants offer tap-water to travelers and local people, it is not safe for health. The tap water in restaurants is well filtered and boiled before serving to separate all the harmful chemicals. But it is best to take the help of bottled mineral water that comes with a very low price and completely pollutant-free.
You will be able to find this packaged drinking water in almost every different shop around the cities. The prices of these water bottles are quite low, and there are plenty of brands available that offer drinking water. Except for drinking, you can use the tap water to brush your teeth and wash your mouth if you boil and filter it well.
Do you love to do activities while visiting the traveling destination? Well, you have chosen the right place because India is known to be one of the popular countries for offering plenty of activities. Being one of the rich historical countries, you will be able to explore the temples and monuments all around. Not only that, but museums, beaches, popular attractions, and many other things are available in the country.
When it comes to outdoor activities, very few are there that you will not be able to in this country. From water sports to rock climbing, everything is available for travelers. As India has beaches, mountains, and jungles, plenty of outdoor activities are performed every year. Some of the most popular outdoor activities that travelers like to take part in this country are mountain climbing, trekking, parasailing, hiking, water skiing, and others.
In different cities of India, you will find new popular activities to participate in. So, there is no shortage of activities in this country. You will get a very memorable experience of all the activities in India during your trip. Some of them are needed to be booked earlier, make sure to book them before stepping in if you do not want to miss the unique experience.
Traveling and witnessing all the famous places is not easy work in a country like India that contains a lot of amazing attractions. You will need a lot of rest and a good resting place to stay energetic and cover all the attractions. So, before starting your journey, choose between all the different accommodation options that are available for you in India.
Some of the most chosen accommodation options that are available to travelers are green hotels, apartments, hostels, and others. You need to choose one based on your duration of travel, budget, and other things. Most of them have different benefits that will help you a lot to stay in the country and enjoy the beautiful locations.
From green hotels to camping spots, tourists like to choose different accommodations for their stay. If you have a higher budget for accommodation, then you can choose from plenty of 5-star hotels that are available in almost every major city. It will help you to provide a very good experience of traveling. Here are some sections of accommodations given below in detail that will help you to know what to expect when visiting India.
Green hostels are one of the best accommodation options that help you to stay very well in the country with all the different benefits. They use eco-friendly facilities for the guests to make the environment better. Instead of using things that produce waste, they use recyclable ones to reduce waste production. You will be able to get fresh air from these hotels and keep your health safe.
The use of natural resources like sunlight, energy-efficient devices, and others helps to minimize the impact on the environment. Despite having all eco-friendly systems, some of these hotels are very luxurious and come with very high-quality features that will make you stunned.
Most of the green hotels in India are very popular, and you might need to book the tickets a lot earlier to get your rooms without any hassle. The green hotel rooms are available both online and offline, which makes it easy for travelers to book them before traveling. As an eco-friendly traveler, this is one of the best ways to contribute to the country and keep your health top-notch during the trip.
Hostels and Guest Houses
If you are having a short time to stay in the country and explore it, then you will need to choose hostels or guest houses. They provide similar benefits to hotels along with all the basic ones. But you might miss some of the special benefits that are available in hotels. However, there are some of the advantages of staying in hotels and one of the main ones is the cheap price. Compared to hotels, you will need a lot less budget to stay in hostels or guest houses. There are options to share the room with anyone else and further decrease the price of a room.
You will find a lot of hostels and guest houses to stay in India in all the major cities. From luxurious guest houses to cheap hostels, this country offers a lot of options to choose from for travelers. You can use the online services to book these hostels or guesthouses to ensure your rooms before entering the country. Booking rooms offline in popular hotels might be a bad idea because they are very crowded with travelers most of the time.
While hostels are perfect options to stay in the country for some weeks, you need to choose apartments if you are planning to stay more than 1 month in the country. You will be able to stay at a very low price, which will help you to save a lot of money during your trip. More than hostels and apartments, you will find apartments in this country. You can rent both cheap and luxurious apartments in almost every city in India.
Some basic benefits are available in almost every apartment, and you will get all benefits if you are choosing the higher range ones. Among all the others, there is an extra advantage that you can get after staying in apartments, which is the interaction with locals. Apart from travelers, many locals also rent apartments in the big cities and you will be surrounded by them.
It will help you a lot to know more about their daily life and lifestyle. Staying more than a month might help you to get some local friends as well. If you want to know the Indian culture and want to observe it up close, then apartments are one of the best ways.
Couchsurfing is getting popular all around the world among the traveling community. It is a great way to stay in a country for foreign travelers. It helps a traveler to stay at another traveler's home while visiting their hometown. It helps to save money and build a bond between travelers along with helping them out on their trip. When it comes to India, the chances of getting a host are lower than in other countries.
As the culture of Couchsurfing does not match well with the traditional Indian culture, it is still unknown in many parts. However, if you look very hard on the online services, you might get help from some people who are providing Couchsurfing services to travelers. It is best to start looking for hosts early in India, to ensure your accommodation before reaching. As the security of women is a priority in the Indian culture, many people deny helping out travelers.
However, if you manage to get a host in the country, then you will get the ultimate experience of Indian culture. It will help to get a very good experience of foods to the daily lifestyle of the local people. Apart from that, the host will also help you to give information about the country and different places in the hometown.
For the ultimate experience of adventure, choose camping spots as accommodation on your trip. You will be able to find a lot of camping sites in the country. Some of them are world-famous and always crowded with travelers and locals. It is one of the best options to witness nature and fantastic views.
From mountains to lakes, you can choose a lot of camping spots to get the best camping experience. It is a great adventure for travelers to enjoy nature along with having the warmest stay. Just like other accommodation options, you will be able to get all the different features and benefits in camps too.
From foods to toilets, all types of benefits are provided in most of the camping spots. The late-night bonfire in these camps under the open sky will help you to get a very good memory. If you want to book camping spots in India, then it is best to use the online services. It will help you to ensure your camping spot and get them at a very low price.
Getting There and Moving Around
Some of the most crucial things that you need to know while traveling to India are available transportation and getting to the country from your place. Before planning your journey, you need to know what are the options that are available to you. Because of the location of India, you will be able to reach this country from other countries very easily. Among all the other ones, India is very well connected by air from other countries.
However, there are many other modes of transportations that you can choose to reach the country such as bus, train, and others. No matter which one you choose to reach the country, you need to know how many days it takes to reach. After entering the country, there are plenty of transportations available that you can choose to move around. The local transportations are different in every city but some of the common ones are available.
Just like getting in the country, you will need to choose a mode of transportation to explore the country based on your staying duration. While some of them offer good exploring, others help to reach the famous attractions fast skipping the small ones and help to cover most of the attractions in a small time. Here are some of the most common ways to move around and reach India given below in detail.
As mentioned above, the air is the best and most chosen way to get in India from other countries. The airway is very well connected with almost all the countries, which makes it easier to get a flight for India. Some of the international airlines like British Airways, Air Canada, and others connect the country with others. Apart from international ones, Air India flights are quite regular and available in different countries.
It is the fastest way to travel to India from other countries, as other ones might take a lot of time to reach. If you are planning to reach India by flight, then you can land in different airports like Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport in Kolkata, Chennai International Airport, and others. A total of 34 airports available in India that provide air service in almost all countries.
When it comes to moving into the country, the flight is still the fastest mode of transportation. Almost all the major cities in India contain airports that you can use to reach other cities. However, you need to keep in mind that it is also an expensive way to travel. Compared to other transportation modes, you will need to pay a lot more to travel by air.
The bus is one of the most chosen modes of transport for the Indians that help them in their daily life. You will find a lot of buses in India compared to any other country. In some of the cities in India, the number of buses is very high. From VIP luxurious buses to local buses, local people are dependent on buses a lot. No matter which city of India you visit, you will get a lot of buses that are connected to different corners.
Another special thing about buses is that it is the cheapest mode of transportation. You will not have to worry about the money for getting to another corner of the cities in this country. Although most of the time the buses are packed up with people especially during office hours, the journey is quite comfortable. You will be able to move more comfortably when the bus is not that crowded.
There are some places in India, where other modes of transportation are not that much available and buses are the only way to move like the Himalayas. Some of the different types of buses that you will get to see in this country are government buses, private buses, deluxe buses, and others. You can get a bus easily from any city in India to visit other cities at a very low price compared to a flight. Booking of buses is available online for long travel like a city to city.
It is necessary and essential for every tourist who is visiting India to get a classing riding experience. All around India, trains are one of the unique ways of moving around the country. You cannot afford to miss the train journey and the whole experience. Almost all the cities are connected with railways around the county. Just like buses, the local trains are very part of the daily life of the Indians, and you will get those crowded most of the time.
Local trains are very comfortable and cheap to ride and the best thing is that you do not have to wait a lot to get one as they are very frequent. Unlike buses, trains do not have to face any traffic, which makes it a faster way to move around. Apart from local trains, there are some trains that run in multiple cities. There are more than 10 international train routes that are directly connected to different countries from India.
If you are traveling from countries like Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Pakistan, and others, then you will be able to reach India by train. However, you will need a lot more time to reach the country by train compared to flight. Make sure to book the train tickets earlier to ensure your spot and avoid any last time hassle.
Hitchhiking is getting popular all around the world mostly for the adventurous journey. There are many travelers who like to reach their destination by hitchhiking. It helps to save a lot of money and get closer to local people. Hitchhiking is basically taking lifts from people who are going the same way to reach the destination. It is one of the safest and fastest ways to reach India as the cars move very slowly.
The people of the country are very helpful, and they will not think twice before helping someone out. You will be able to chat with people easily as they do not mind stopping their car in the middle of the highways. However, the experience of your journey might vary from the source of your journey, and the road you are choosing to reach the country.
The mode of transportation might be slow, but you will be able to reach a very fast to the country without spending much money. Make sure to choose the busiest highways to reach the country and take a lift at different places like fuel stations, toll booths, and others. Also, carry different things like water bottles, maps, and others to ensure your safety and prevent you from getting lost.
Apart from these, you will get plenty of other options in India to get there and move around. From cruises, boats, to cars and other local transports, you will get a lot of different ones in the major cities. Most of them are eco-friendly and come with a series of benefits. You can take the help of these transportations to reach faster to your locations.
The best thing about these other modes of transportation is that it comes with different benefits. You might be able to reach India faster by flight but you will miss out on all the views and sceneries on the way. On the other hand, these other transportations take a lot of time to reach the destination but will help you to get a splendid view on the way. From road adventure to water, the views and sceneries on the way to the country will help you to get a very nice memory.
As an eco-friendly traveler, make sure to choose only options that help the environment stay safe. There are many transportation options that cause air pollution in India such as auto, motor rickshaw, and others. Try to avoid these modes of transportations to reach the country faster without polluting the country.
Sustainable shopping is very important to keep the country clean from pollution. You will be able to play your part to reduce the total waste of the city. All around the world, sustainable shopping is becoming a popular choice for travelers as it helps to preserve natural resources. Like all the other countries, India has also started to adopt sustainable items to decrease the production of waste.
As an eco-friendly traveler, you will find a lot of flea markets, second-hand markets, and others that you can choose to buy different items. Some of the most common things that you will get in these markets include clothes, accessories, vintage items, antiques, and others. Some of the items are very rare and can be a great addition to your collection.
The ethical and traditional items that you will get in these markets are very rare and priceless. When it comes to using recyclable items and clothes, you will find local or some branded shops as well. These second-hand clothes and accessories are as good as the new ones. Purchasing items from these stores will help the local people to earn money and keep the country free from pollution as well.
Recycling is now one of the most important things around the world now. As the environment is getting bad around the world, all the countries are taking different precautions and one of them is recycling. Just like other countries, India is also trying to adopt recyclable items and clothes in the past few years. So, you will come across a lot of recycled stores and initiatives in the country.
From the government to local companies, all Indian citizens are trying to help the country stay clean. The whole process of recycling in Indian works through a chain system of workers. You will find rag pickers to other people who are going around different places to pick up all the plastics and keep the country clean. More than 60% of the plastics get recycled in this country and more initiatives are taken to keep the country clean.
Every year a lot of pants are getting planted all around the country to increase the green. Separate bins are placed throughout the major cities, where different types of wastes are dumped. Make sure to play your role as an eco-friendly traveler in India and play your role to keep the country clean. Make sure to place all the wastes in different bins to separate the waste.
Compared to all the other countries, India is a lot more polluted and known for producing a lot of waste. You will get to witness a lot of waste in all the major cities that are dumped around. India generates a total of 277 million tonnes of waste every year, and it has been increasing every year. In the last few years, a lot of steps and initiatives have been taken to reduce the amount of waste production.
But according to predictions, waste production will increase further in the upcoming years if proper measures are not taken. It can reach as high as 70% million tonnes by 2030. The government is trying very hard to minimize the use of plastic in India, and starting more recycling programs. A lot of waste is collected by the municipality, and the rest of it goes into mostly landfill or others.
A very low amount of waste is now recycled properly and used again. The government is trying to introduce a lot of initiatives and local companies are trying to support it to improve the environment. Preventing the use of landfills is very important to keep the country safe. Most of the waste of South Asia is generated in India around 80% and 13% of global waste comes from the country as well.
Work and Study Abroad
India is one of the well-known countries in the world to providing high-quality education to students. From engineering to technology, India offers plenty of opportunities for students. However, this is not only available for Indian citizens but foreign students as well. Every year, a lot of students visit India to study their preferred course from a high-quality study system. You will come across a lot of foreign students during your trip to India.
There are plenty of programs available in India that foreign students can get at low prices. From different courses to study packages, India offers some of the best ones in reputable institutions. Almost in all the major cities in India, there are many universities available that can help foreign students to get a very good study. From exchange students to Au Pair services are available in India that can help you to get the best studying experience.
Not only study, but India is also very well known for providing jobs to foreign workers. Although the jobs are not very well available in all of the major cities in India, most of them offer plenty. Millions of migrant workers from different cities stay and work in the country. From a very old time, India has been one of the favorite places for people in different countries to work and study.
As mentioned above, India offers a lot of benefits to foreign students and one of the most important ones is the exchange student. The exchange student is a very helpful program for students all around the world that helps them to study easily in other countries. Using this program, students can study in different countries at a very low cost. Compared to all the other programs, this one is very famous as it offers all the courses in a foreign university with only college fees.
Yes, only by paying the college fee, students can get selected for this program. However, students need to get nominated by their college for this program based on their marks. Most of the popular education institutes in India have partnerships with many other universities of other countries. Students can choose any of the courses available to those universities upon the selection process of the program to study.
There are also many agencies available in the country that offer their services to apply for the program and help to get selected in different universities. So, you will be able to study in India with the help of an exchange student program easily. As the country has partnerships with universities of a lot of other countries, you will come across students from all over the world during your trip.
Most of the time it gets very hard for foreign workers or students to find a job or earn pocket money in their initial stage. After visiting another country and settling into a stable situation, it takes years or months. One of the most famous things that help a lot to settle down in another country is the Au Pair service. It helps the students or workers a lot all around the world to get shelter, food, and some pocket money as well.
Although India did not have much progress in it for many years recently many countries are offering this service. You will be able to get a lot of Au Pair services in the country with the help of online services. Plenty of online services are ready to guide you through the whole process and help you to get a host in the country. Most of the services that you have to do include taking care of the home, looking after elders or babies, and helping with household works.
Being part of a local family will also help you a lot in other cases as well such as learning the local language, knowing more about their lifestyle, traditions, people, and many other things. It is best to look out and search for Au Pair services in the country long before stepping in as it helps to find a host without any delay. It is one of the most popular and easy ways to settle down in the country and look for other full-time jobs or earn some money while studying.
India is world-famous for containing a lot of historic places. These mesmerizing attractions in the country invite a lot of tourists from different countries. While it is a very important job for the Indian government and people to keep these places safe and clean. It is also a job of travelers and volunteering is the best way to do it. Volunteering is one of the best ways to keep the country clean and safe. As an eco-friendly traveler, it is your responsibility to contribute to the country and keep the places in good shape.
There are plenty of works available that you can take part in the country such as keeping the popular places clean, teaching the local people English, guiding or assisting tourists on their trip, charity works, participating in green initiative programs, and many others. After staying for a month or weeks in the country, you can take part in these volunteering activities to help the country.
Little contribution as a traveler can cause a lot of changes and help the local people. So, make sure to help out the local people and volunteer for different activities if you have time. It is also one of the best ways to know the local people very well and get closer to them. If you want to know more about Indian culture, then volunteering can both help you and the country. Things like the local language, local foods, cultures, and traditions of Indian people will become clear to you.