Eco-friendly travel guide to Kos advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Kos, Greece.
- Air quality: 5 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 4 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 4.5 / 5
- Public transportation: 4 / 5
- Parks: 3.5 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 4 / 5
- Safety: 4 / 5
- Accommodation: US$30 - $120
- Budget per day: US$50 - $180
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
One of the finest places to visit in Greece is Kos. An island that is a part of the Dodecanese island chain in the southeastern Aegean Sea is a paradise on earth. With the crystal clear sea and the blissful air gliding through the place, Kos is a place to mesmerize the travelers.
A small island, which is just 40 by 8 kilometers, is one of the finest places surrounded by water and jeweled with lush green nature. Tourism is the primary industry at this place; the island is lively and welcoming to all. A beautiful island, Kos, is nicknamed in numerous ways.
"The garden of the Aegean," because of its fantastic wealth of water and crops. "The island of Hippocrates" for giving birth to one of the most famous doctors in history. The "Little Rhodes" for its proximity in terms of geographical and historical-cultural aspects to Rhodes' island.
Kos is an excellent starting point for exploring the Dodecanese islands. To ensure the responsibility of an eco-friendly tourist, the things that can be done are:
- The island is mainly dependent on tourism. With the increasing number of tourists, it is essential to ensure no further degradation by reducing carbon footprints.
- The best experience of the island is when you mix with the place at best. Being a small place, ensure to get drenched with the local customs.
- People at Kos are friendly and warm. Ensure to dress appropriately and meet people with a smile on face always.
- The island's economy is mainly based on tourism. So ensure to buy from local craftsmen and artists while you are here.
- Art and craft, especially handicraft, demands patience and skills. Refrain from bargaining from the locals while you plan to buy from the local shops.
- The island is one with pristine beauty. Do not litter the place or cause any harm to the nature and wildlife of the place while you travel.
- Ensure to represent the island at best while you visit social media when here. Also, meet the culture of the place with an open heart.
- Book your stay in a hotel that is eco-friendly with all the amenities you need. It will ensure a better and healthier stay with no harm to the environment.
- Deduce or rather abandon the use of plastics to make your travel surreal.
- Prefer to go traveling by electric vehicles, bicycle, or on foot. Utilize the mode that emits less pollution and so reduce the carbon trail as well.
- The best you can do is to make your fellow travelers aware of responsible travel. It will keep the beauty of the city intact while you explore.
Air Quality and Pollution
"The garden of the Aegean," Kos is an island blessed with a luscious garden and beautiful crystal clear water. One of the finest places to explore, Kos is a jeweled beauty of Greece. An island with the perfect atmosphere, Kos is blissful.
While you travel to any place, air quality is one of the major concerns. With the increasing rate of pollution, most places are facing the issue of air quality and pollution. As compared to the rest of the tourist places, Kos is a bit different.
The air of the kos is clean. With no pollution traces and the air's quality so pure, Kos will offer you one of the most memorable experiences. Beaches are the island's primary attraction, and with the increasing number of tourists, this place is one with the purest air you will ever visit.
Although the government is taking measures to control the pollution levels, still a lot more needs to be done. The current statistics from the World Health Organization for air pollution in Kos are:
- PM10 - 21
- PM2.5 - 13
- PM10 Pollution Level - Low
- Pollution Index: 9.20
- Pollution Exp Scale: 31.20
With a pollution level of 0, the island has an Air Quality Index of 100, which is undoubtedly the highest.
Being a responsible traveler, it is pristine to make sure that while you explore the island, make sure to show some kindness and concern about the place. Being the cleanest place with no pollution, it is the prime responsibility of us as tourists to make sure not to litter the place and reduce the carbon trail.
While the government and the locals are on tiptoes to ensure no pollution or harm to nature occurs, as travelers, we need to provide our support for the same as we. Make a point to utilize eco-accommodating choices while visiting and staying at the island to leave a positive trail once you leave.
Respect the Culture
Greece is one of the most exceptionally beautiful and unique places to visit. With the rich culture and warm people, the site is a perfect amalgamation of traditions with modernization. With the exquisite food and drinks to taste, Greece is really beautiful.
The land of lush green beauty, Kos is one of the finest islands of Greece; Kos has a rich musical tradition from antiquity. An island with a rich history of various eras, right from the Mycenaean Era, Archaic Era, Classical Era, Hellenistic Era, Roman Era, Byzantine Era, Ottoman Era, and last the Italian Era, the culture is one that will amaze you.
The effect of all the eras can be seen in the people's culture, music, tradition, and lifestyle. Although you will have people relaxing along the beachside, still the place is one with a rich tradition. The change of lush green lands to tourist spots is undoubtedly there, but at the same time, the people have ensured no impact on nature and the environment.
To respect the culture of the island, focus on points like:
- Visiting the religious locations, ensure to dress well, and follow the tradition.
- The art form of the place is influenced by the culture and history. While you buy them, do praise them.
- The place is one with rich music, so while you explore the music here, ensure to feel the beauty of the tradition here.
- Being warm and friendly, people are welcoming, so ensure to be polite and soft-spoken.
- Being a multicultural place, explore it with an open heart and soul.
- Try to blend with the people and their culture, and if you get a chance to learn the local language or rather just a few words to show gratitude to locals, for their hospitality.
Top 10 Places to Visit
With the overwhelming beaches and unique lush green nature, the beautiful castles and churches, and fascinating remains of the various eras, Kos' land is the most acceptable place to explore. With the air so clean and the people so friendly, exploring the island's beauty is an uncanny experience.
Kos is an island offering the most chilling experience. With the endless beauty of the wildflowers, Kos is the most fertile island in the archipelago, blessed with rich soil and abundant groundwater.
While the places to explore are unlimited, the best places to chart down to explore are:
- Asklepion: A place of training Hippocrates, the Asklepion is the Sanctuary of Asclepius, the god of medicine. Accessed by the grand stairway, this place has four beautiful and enormous terraces. Initially, the physicians here were priests. To seek consultation and medicine, people from far and wide visited this place and were treated. With the patient's room, spas, medical school, and abaton, exploring and visiting this place is a real bliss.
- Kastri Island: At a distance of 150-200 meters from Kos, this is a beautiful island to explore. With just one single church on the island, this place is one with fantastic beauty and a dramatic picture. A bit rocky and barren, this place has the past's remains to tell you the history of the people here. The best part is, this islet is so close that one can reach by boat and even by swimming. If you are looking to dive into the water, then getting this place is worth it.
- Ancient Agora: If you wish to take a more in-depth look into the commercial and social outlook of Kos, then Agora is near the port, a few steps down from Neratzia Castle. While the older constructions are of limestone, the new ones are of marble, so one can quickly identify the construction age. A place with the finest architecture to explore, spending a day here will be a relaxing experience.
- Casa Romana: A place discovered in the 1930s is a beautiful villa with 36 rooms. Almost 2000 years old, this place is constructed around two peristyles with splendid columns and a smaller atrium; this place's foundation dates back to the Hellenistic period. Jeweled with statues of nymphs and Athena, amphorae, coins, mosaics, and faint frescoes to see, all the places are well-labeled with interpretive signs.
- Palio Pili: The beautiful inside of the island will leave you speechless. With the fantastic villages and historical sites like Palio Pili on Mont Keio, the beautiful castles at this place are impressive. A village that was abandoned after the cholera epidemic, Palio Pili, is with a Byzantine castle's crumbling walls. The panoramic view of the place is entirely different from Kos.
- Roman Odeon: Located on the outskirts of the Kos island, this was once the music conservatory and doubled as a meeting place for the senate. With the capacity to fill 750 people in 14 rows, the structure is made with granite and marble. With the Mosaics decorated on the passageway, this is one of the best places which is now a turned archaeological museum.
- Neratzia Castle: The Knights of St John built this fortification in the 15th century to safeguard Kos from the Ottoman empire. The castle is constructed magnificently with two layers of walls. While the castle was a garrison and the island's commander's seat, most of it is ruined today with empty inside, broken columns, and ruined courtyards. The ancient recycled material is still available in the castle to explore and admire.
- Plaka Forest: A perfect place for nature enthusiasts, this place is one of the finest to explore. With the beauty of nature and a wide variety of flora and fauna, this is a popular recreational area. With the colorful peacocks and tame cats that live here, exploring this place will be a blissful experience.
- Therma Hot Springs: A place that is sure to offer you peace and relaxation. The natural reserve water hot springs surrounded by the rocks and the shore with dark gravel, this place is a small oval-shaped pool. With this water's help, one can get relaxed in the issues related to rheumatism, arthritis, and other complaints. With rich calcium, potassium, magnesium, and sulphur water, this place is a beautiful experience.
- Aquatica Water Park: A different place as compared to the rest of the places on the list. If you are looking for a place to relax and have fun, this water park is the most proper place to visit. Built on to the slope next to the sea south of the airport, this water park is a fun family day out. With a good range of rides and water sports, spending time here is enjoyable and a great way to meet and befriend some locals.
An island as beautiful as Kos is filled with mesmerizing views of history and the fusion of the modern lifestyle. With the beautiful beaches and the lush green forest surrounding the place, the island is one of the finest places to visit. The beauty of the churches and the sun's warmth on the sand of the beaches will lift your heart and soul and make you happy.
With the prime environment with no pollution exploring Kos will be an overwhelming experience. The lively island with the medieval castles and the rows of rampant flowers makes Kos even more beautiful and unique to explore.
The best places to explore, from the parks to beaches, and museums to landmarks, are listed down for you to have the best experience.
While you visit a place, parks are an uncanny place to explore peace. With the beautiful environment, calming and soothing atmosphere, and the beautiful rows of flowers arranged in the row, visiting a park will relax and rejuvenate the soul.
While you visit this place, you will find many beautiful places to explore and lush green trees everywhere, but unfortunately, the island lacks parks. Well, that is something hard to believe for a place with 100% air Quality.
So, if you are still willing to explore the greenery, visit the Plaka Forest. The beautiful animals, birds, and flowers at this place will make you feel blissful.
An island as outstanding as Kos is undoubtedly one to have a beautiful national park for the visitors to explore. The fantastic national parks to explore are:
- Kos Natural Park: Zia is on the southernmost slope of Kos, the sunset from here creates a painting of beautiful memories. With the Kos Natural Park located here, the trip to this place will be jeweled with bursting and fun activities and a unique stroll through the cobblestone alleyways all the way up to its crystal-clear freshwater springs, the most well-known of which is Kefalovrisi.
- Hippocrates Botanical Garden: Spreading for 1.2 acres, the Botanical garden of Kos involved planting around 250 plants known to have been used by Hippocrates in his medical practice. Created to glorify the works of Hippocrates, this is one of the finest parks to explore in the city.
Kos is one of the finest islands of Greece and the best place to seek peace. With the crystal clear blue water of the sea and the beautiful and pure beaches of white sands, this place is home to the most beautiful beaches to explore:
- Agios Stefanos Beach
- Kardamena Beach
- Tigaki beach
- Mastichari Beach
- Thermes beach
- Cavo Paradiso
- Paradise Beach
- Agios Theologos Beach
- Psalidi beach
- Lambi Mylos beach
The island of Kos is one of the finest to visit and explore. The best landmarks to explore are:
- Western Archaeological Zone: A beautiful archeological site at the intersection of the ancient city's primary places, Cardo and Decumanus streets.
- Ancient Gymnasium: A part of the Hellenistic and Roman period, the Hellenistic Gymnasium includes Acropoli, Hippodrome, Nymphaeum, and ruins of the temples of Aphrodite and Hercules.
- Ottoman Mosques: This is a potent symbol of the Ottoman Era; this mosque is a perfect place to offer your prayers to the almighty.
- Basilicas of Saint Stephen: A beautiful Paleo-Christian basilicas located on the Kamari, this is one of the finest places if you're looking for a place to relax.
- Hippocrates Plane Tree: An ancient tree is a place where Hippocrates taught the students medicine.
If you wish to explore the history of Kos, then the best museum is:
- Archaeological Museum: A beautiful museum that will offer you great insights about the Ancient Agora, the Asklepieion, and other sites on the island.
- Folklore Museum: The unique museum is a perfect place to explore the exciting and unusual collection depicting people's agricultural life to date.
Kos is a land with a beautiful history and rich culture. With the fantastic beaches and the landmarks to explore, the island is one of the finest places to explore. With the fusion of various eras, the place is one with a rich culture.
With the fusion of the local delicacies and the taste to explore, the aromatic food at the island is perfect for taste. Ranging from the regional delicacies to various vegetarian and vegan treats, the variety of food that one can taste in Kos is uncanny.
With the breeze of the calm sea and the warmth of the white sand, surrounded by the lush green forests, this place offers one of the finest experiences and will delight you as well. Kos has rich Grecian and Mediterranean roots, and its local cuisine consists of meat, fish, vegetables, olive oil, and potatoes in its classic recipes.
So, if you are looking for the same places to grab a meal and enjoy, then the best places to explore in Kos are listed down for you.
Traditional Local Restaurants
With the aromatic smell of the herbs and the lip-smacking preparation of the regional delicacies, the best restaurants that will serve you the fusion of Greek taste to the taste of Rome, Kos will surprise you taste buds as well.
With the traditional restaurants serving the local and regional delicacies, the best places to explore the traditional food of Kos are:
- Ampeli Wine Yard - Traditional Greek Tavern
- Syrtaki Traditional Restaurant
- Jumbo - traditional Greek Restaurant
- Kalymnos Fish Restaurant, Kos Town
- Never On Sunday Restaurant
- Fidelio Family Greek Restaurant
- Zorbas Family
Vegetarian and Vegan
While you travel Kos and wish to taste vegetarian and vegan delicacies, the place offers you the best of the restaurants to explore. The excellent preparation of the vegetable and vegan ingredients will amaze you and offer you the most refined taste of the local aromatic food. The best vegetarian and vegan restaurants to explore are:
- 3 Spoons
- Ampeli Restaurant
- Asian Wok
- Kantouni Kafe
- Mom's Kitchen
- Noah's Ark
- Pelagos Restaurant
- Vitamin Bar
Kos's street food is one of the most unique and differently prepared delicacies that will let you fall in love with the place. While the major preparation in Kos is linked to seafood, if you one who does not like seafood, then you can definitely try delicious Greek favorites like moussaka, souvlaki, and tzatziki.
The basic ingredients that are used in preparing the Kos local delicacies include cheese, honey, and wine. With the presentation and the way of preparation, the best local delicacies to try in Kos are:
- Posa Cheese or Krasotyri: A unique cheese which is matured in a wine offering a fantastic taste.
- Xinomyzithra: A unique cheese which is sour in taste.
- Pitarida: A homemade dish made of broth and a little similar to Lasagna, this is amazing.
- Lazarakia: A local form of white bread which is soft and delicious.
- Lampropites: A sweet delicacy of Kos, which is made from feta cheese.
- Baklava: A sweet pastry made with layers of filo, chopped nuts, and honey.
Kos is a beautiful island to visit and explore. With the sea's never-ending trail and the fantastic beaches, this place is no less than heaven.
With the fantastic food the place offers and the sightseeing opportunities, Kos is uncanny. But while we travel to any place, the most important concern is about the drink, be it water or any other alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink.
While you explore the island, numerous places will offer you the best drinks to quench your thirst.
Water is the prime need when you travel or even in your daily life. It is not wrong to say, life without water is impossible, and the fact it is true, the need to search for the prime sources of water is a must.
While Kos's water management is in the hands of the local governing authorities, you will find the availability of tap water relatively easy. According to a recent report, the drinking water availability and accessibility are very high for Kos, making the tap water fine to consume.
Drinking-Water Quality and Accessibility is very high at 93.75, making the water of Kos perfectly fine to be consumed. Simultaneously, the overall water quality is high at 75, as per Numbeo, which makes the consumption of tap water comfortable for consumption.
But still, while you are in Kos, it is suggested to get the bottled water to ensure a safe and healthy journey. Instead, if you wish to consume tap water, it is advisable to boil it first to remove all its impurities.
A place with no pollution and high-quality water like Kos is one of those where organic cafes' concept is fantastic. With so many places offering you the food with the help of locally grown ingredients and not harming the environment, Kos is really impressive.
Being an island that was once famous for its agriculture, you can find many places that still follow a part of the tradition. The classy little places with the fantastic delicacies to offer you and let you have the taste of the fantastic kos, the best places to visit are listed down for you:
- Palapanis - O'ti Na 'Nai
- Skala Cafe & Cocktails
- The Cup
- Passa Tempo Quality Espresso Bar
- Taverna Perasma
- The Garden
Are you looking to taste some beers and wines on your trip? Undoubtedly, the wine and the cocktails they serve in Kos is one of the finest, and added with the cheese as the snack, the taste doubles. If so, then the best breweries to visit in Kos are:
- Zero Cafe-Bar, Beer Garden
- Triantafyllopoulos Winery
- Pub Dropkick Murphys
- Mesariano Organic Winery
With the amazing beaches, churches, beautiful archeological sites, and the places that sung the past stories, Kos is a land that has something to offer every traveler. With the places to eat and drink and the spots to mesmerize, the Kos is really a beautiful location to explore.
So, once you are done with exploring the beaches and tasting its delicacies, you can indeed get involved in the adrenaline rush activities like the ones listed down for you:
- Experience the water sports and surfing at Kos
- Explore the White Stone Cave and the Antimachia Venetian Castle
- Visit the abandoned village of Paleo Pyli
- Have a look at the windmill of Antimachia
- Go for the cruise and feel the fresh air of the sea running through
- Try experiencing the Salt lake Stables
- Meet the aquatic life by exploring the sea underneath
So, if you are looking forward to having a fun day, they prefer to join some group or the locals to enjoy it to the fullest. A fun day with the group will make you relaxed and calm and will allow you to feel lighthearted.
Yoga and Retreats
The standard demonstration of Yoga is more associated with getting internal concordance and congeniality. Focused on calming the individual's mind and soul and decreasing the weight and pressure, Yoga is one such practice that can offer you colossal euphoria and perfection.
While you are in Kos and if you are looking to search for internal concordance, by then, various spots offer the demonstration of Yoga and care gatherings. A bit of the Yoga environments that you can visit to feel the force of Yoga and appearance in Kos are:
- LynnYannYoga - Kos Island, Greece
- Kos Yoga Life
- Nous Soma Pneuma Yoga
Take out some time for the self and dive into the beautiful Yoga session that will offer you the calmness of mind and soul at the most.
While you explore any city, the prime concern is to book your accommodation. All facilities a hotel that offers you and all the extravagances and that too in the spending plan is the prime concern.
While Kos's city is brought together with a rich history, it offers a massive load of hotels for its visitors. Going from the structures that are basic to excess, and from contemporary to eco-obliging, the spots to stay in the city are uncanny.
Along these lines, if you are an autonomous explorer or one with family, Kos is set up to offer you a suitable and playful incredible stay option with the upgrades you need and that too in the best budgetary arrangement. They give you free Internet, Gym, and Security Lockers and other related offices.
While the island of Kos is one of the pristine locations for travelers, the place is one of the best that has placed its concern towards the environment as well. While the eco-accommodation is a new concept that links to offering accommodation to the travelers in a way that the least impact on the environment is there without compromising the basic amenities that one needs, the Kos has a lot to offer.
With the idea of remaining at eco-accommodating hotels that focus on offering the best enhancements and adjusting to the 3R's, which are reuse, recycle, and reduce, the hotels in Kos are financially affordable and efficient also.
The hotels that offer the eco-friendly stay with all the amenities and with the friendly staff in the Kos are:
- Olympia Hotel
- Americana Hotel
- Aqua Blu Boutique hotel
- Pelagos Suites Hotel and Spa
- Palm Beach Hotel
Hostels and Guest Houses
If you are a solo traveler and are looking for a comfortable place to stay, which is affordable and friendly as well, then booking a hostel or a guest house is a better idea. While these places are budget-friendly, they also offer you the opportunity to meet new people and make friends.
The best hostels and guest houses to book in Kos are:
- Thomas hostel
- Asklipion Valley guest house
- JK's Guest house Kardamania
If you are one of those who have visited Kos for a more extended stay or are from a group who wish to cook their own meal, then booking a serviced apartment is the best idea. The apartments with all the necessary amenities like kitchen, Wi-fi, parking, wash area, sitting area, and a friendly environment that are available in Kos to book are:
- Andromeda Hotel Apartments
- Erato Studios and Apartments
- Manine Apartments
- Nikos 2 Studios & Apartments
Couchsurfing is a relatively new concept that is gaining popularity these days. With the basic idea of offering accommodation to the traveler in the house of the local wherein the host and the guest share the amenities, Couchsurfing can be a fun experience.
While various sites offer you the opportunity to book as a couch surfer, it is crucial to know the host first before booking. This will ensure that the stay that you are looking for will be a fun one.
Also, the first-hand information about what the host expects will ensure no conflict in the middle, and the stay will turn to be a surreal experience. A great chance to know about the place's culture and tradition is offered while you go for Couchsurfing.
Kos is surrounded by nature, which makes this place amazingly beautiful and a perfect destination for camping. Gazing at the stars in the night sky, feeling the cold breeze, and experiencing nature's beauty are some of the best things that you will get once you go camping.
The most celebrated campgrounds where you can book your stay for the best experience in Kos are:
- Sails on Kos
- Psalidi Beach
How to Get There
Exploring new places is fun, but traveling is tiring and hectic. While you plan to travel to a new destination, it is essential to look at the option connecting and the one which offers you the best of comfort with a pocket-friendly budget.
Kos is an island majorly connected by sea and air. While both are surreal means of transport, it is essential to take the information and ensure the booking prior. While the ferries make stops at various other islands from the group, air travel is the fastest way to reach here.
Kos International Airport offers daily flights to the UK and other major destinations of the world. With multiple domestic and international flights connecting the city, reaching Kos by air is one of the most convenient modes.
Being an island, the place cannot be connected by bus. Hence the option is not available.
If you are looking to travel by train, Kos is one of the places that is not connected with the rail route.
Hitchhiking is taking a lift from some of the travelers you meet on the way. Being an island, you cannot have the opportunity to get hitchhiked, but if you are looking to reach your destination from the ports, then you might give this a try.
Apart from the ways discussed above, ferries and boats are the most prominent and common ways to reach Kos island. One can easily reach Kos by booking a ferry from Piraeus port in Athens, which is available about four times per week and takes approximately 11 hours.
The basic idea of eco-tourism is linked to reducing carbon footprints and ensuring no harm is made to the environment while you travel to new places. Thinking about nature is one of the prime concerns to take into consideration while one travels.
Kos is one of the finest examples of the places that have put in maximum efforts to ensure no pollution occurs or to keep the pollution level to the least. Undoubtedly the place has succeeded in its aim, but being a tourist destination, the chances of the effect being reversing is relatively high.
So, it is crucial to reduce the carbon footprints and explore the island in a way that least to no effect is placed on the island.
Kos is small, with entirely walkable streets and trails. With the environment soothing, exploring the island on foot is affordable.
Being an island concerned about nature, various outlets offer you the opportunity to rent a bike and explore the Kos.
Relatively a new concept for various parts of the world, but you will find E-bike rentals as well in Kos. Additionally, if you are looking to rent an E-scooter, then Kos has the best places to visit. With various charging stations available, resting the electronic vehicle in Kos is one of the best ideas.
Public transport is less expensive as well as comfortable in Kos. KTEL buses link the places like Kardamena, Tigaki, Zia, Mastihari, and other villages and beaches around Kos, offering a smooth opportunity to move in and around Kos.
Tram, Train and Subway
The concept of trams, trains, and subways is not available for the tourists in Kos.
Exploring Kos will be one of the finest experiences to have. With the beautiful sight of nature and the calming side of the sea, this place will uplift your heart and soul. Additionally, the mouth-watering delicacies and the amazing drinks to soothe your throat, the place offers some unmatched delicacies.
Since no trip is complete without a little bit of shopping, the options that Kos offers are really amazing. The beautiful local markets and the amazing works of the local artisans, which reflect the tradition of the Kos, the sustainable shopping in Kos, are amazing. The basic idea behind it is to buy locally produced articles that cause no harm to the environment and help to uplift the local economy of the place.
Some of the best local markets that will offer you authentic and genuine products and will surprise you are listed down for you.
While you plan to stay for an extended period in Kos, it is necessary to know about the places that will offer you the basic raw ingredients to prepare your meal. The local market will ensure to provide you with fresh material at the most affordable prices.
The best food market of Kos to visit and experience the local aromas are:
- AB Food Market Kos
- Old Market Kos
- Giritli Mazlumun yeri Spinalonga Kos
Kos is a place with a beautiful blend of the culture of various eras. If you are looking to get some gifts or souvenirs for your friends and family as a memory of Kos, then the best place to visit is the flea market. A place offering the locally made product at the most affordable price, the best flea market in Kos are:
- Kos Market Hall
- Kos Altstadt
- Global Bazaar Kos
- The Imaginarium (Handmade Gifts & More)
Second Hand Stores
Recycled stores are the ones that sell books, equipment, hardware, furniture, etc. Individuals get these things marked down, which is extra modest for them. Frugality shopping at such stores is smart when you have to purchase articles for use at a lower cost. While the neighborhood market offers you a wide assortment of choices to browse, there are second-hand stores that will furnish you with quality items at sensible costs in Kos.
Eco-fashion is a relatively new concept. The idea is to create dresses and jewelry with eco-friendly inputs like natural fibers, dyes, and recycled clothes to reduce the eco-waste. Converting the worn-out products to high-end fashion accessories, including bags or shoes, the concept of eco-fashion is most refined.
While the concept is new, it is still on the verge of gaining popularity in Kos as people are moving towards eco-friendly ideas.
The basic idea behind recycling is to reduce waste. Various products like the used tyres, plastic bottles, and even used books can be reused and recycled into other products like bags, shoes, or artistic writing pads. While the idea is to reduce the carbon footprint and effect on the environment, it also offers the novel opportunity to put the things to use.
In Kos, the government and locals, with the help of the plans, have focused on recycling. RECKOS LLC is one of the finest examples of Kos's companies, which collects the metals and processes them into further new products. Additionally, the company is involved in the business of importing scraps to recycle.
So, while you travel, the island focuses on using recyclable articles compared to those that are hard to recycle and reuse. Also, make your fellow travelers aware of the same and try to use the recyclable products to the maximum.
Kos is a prime tourist destination, and so the amount of waste generated here is even high. With the government's focus and the support of the locals, the place has managed to maintain the same at the least.
The idea is to segregate the recyclable and non-recyclable waste to dump them in respective dumping yards. So, while you travel, the city follows the guidelines to assist the island in waste management.
Also, while you explore the city, make the fellow travelers aware of waste management and make mindful of reducing the waste and polluting the trails.
Work and Study Abroad
Kos is one of the finest places if you are looking forward to teaching or going for hospitality. Being a tourist destination, the number of resorts and hotels is high, offering the opportunity to polish the hospitality or culinary arts. While also a place with a rich history, it offers the archaeological expedition's opportunity.
While many people love to work in Greek based on the practices and the customs here, the ones who love the city or the local traditions prefer to choose places like Kos to make their destination.
Kos is a city with a rich history and being a prime archeological destination. A place with a history of various musicians, the various universities and colleges that operate in the city are:
- Musical Studies Center Kos
- Kos, European Bartender School
Kos is an island with pristine beauty and amazing nature. While you wish to explore the city, the idea of staying as the Au Pair is the finest one. The opportunity to stay with the locals and know about the culture of the place, Au pair, is the best option when you wish to know the culture or tradition of the place.
But before you decide to go for being an Au pair, it is essential to know about the terms of the host as many facilities will be shared. Also, you might get the opportunity to be paid, but still, if the option is not there, the idea of Au Pair is adequate to meet the locals and blend with their tradition and culture.
Make sure to be at your best and respect the culture and explore the place's beauty and experience the best while you stay as the Au pair in Kos.
Volunteering is the best opportunity to offer your services to the local society and community. While you plan to offer your services as a volunteer, it is important to know the terms and conditions and the way of registering for providing the service. While some organizations work for the betterment of nature, others offer their services to the local communities.
One World 365 is one of the finest examples of the volunteering organizations operating in Kos. Working towards offering travelers an opportunity to join various volunteering as well as Non-Government Organizations to offer services to the local community to make the travel worthwhile is a really fantastic idea.
Leave a positive trail with a lot of happy memories as you explore Kos by offering your uncanny volunteering services to the local community.