Eco-friendly travel guide to Podgorica advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Podgorica, Montenegro.
- Air quality: 2 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 2.5 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 3 / 5
- Public transportation: 4 / 5
- Parks: 2.5 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 3.5 / 5
- Locals' English level: 2 / 5
- Safety: 3.5 / 5
- Accommodation: US$8 - $70
- Budget per day: US$100 - $200
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
The city of Podgorica is located in Montenegro. It is quite a safe city as the crime rate is low, making it easier to move around. The city of Podgorica has a long coastline, and it is full of beaches from all the side. Podgorica is famous for its white-sand beaches, the blue shiny water, and the cool breeze flowing continuously all around the city. One should be careful while you travel and move around the city to pollute the city. The local hotel or the local area is the best place where you can move around while walking. The best part of the city can only be explored on feet. You get to see the real beauty of the city when you roam around the city. One can also catch a public bus for traveling a long distance across the city. The bus system in Montenegro is one of the best in the world. You can find a bus stop after walking for a few minutes. You can ask the driver where they are heading, and you can also ask them to drop you anywhere in between. Unfortunately, there are no train services of any kind in Podgorica so one cannot travel through them.
Air Quality and Pollution
The Air Quality of any tourist location or place is crucial to keep in mind as not all tourists can adapt to a city where air pollution is high and the air quality is not good. The city of Podgorica mostly has good air quality, and pollution level are quite low too. Automobiles are the prime source of air pollution in the city as they emit harmful chemicals like carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxide. One can say that automobiles' effect is more than that of the people who visit the city. Other than ground transportation, the shipping industry has quite a potential behind the affected air. Most of the fuels used in marine ships have a major concentration of sulfur, a contaminant. Air pollution in Podgorica's city is good, and their Air Quality Index is around 10-25 US AQI. The main pollutant reading is around PM 2.5, which is quite less than in other polluted cities.
Therefore, it would be better to visit the city during the summer months when the climate is good, and the humidity levels are also low. If you wish to get fresh and clean air in Podgorica, prefer visiting the outskirts and the hilly regions. These areas have the least air pollution level, and air quality is also better than the city's crowded places. The air is fresh and crisp at this time of the year, and you will enjoy bike rides and walking in the city quite a lot. After all, health is wealth. Air quality and pollution play an important role while visiting a new city.
Respect the Culture
Podgorica city looks like a new tourist spot but has a great history of the local culture. The cultural ruled ended after a few years when they showed up. The culture of Podgorica still reflects the local culture. There are many artifacts of the local tribe preserved in the Museums of this city. The city of Podgorica is famous for its white-sand beaches and modern nightclubs and has an ancient and rich culture of the country. The people here maintain their cultural heritage, and that is what they are famous for. The local tribes ruled and governed all of the Country. There are ruins of the local period that you can still visit. You can visit the art gallery in the places to know more about the culture. As a tourist, you should always have the utmost respect for one’s culture.
If you are having lunch with your local friends, then it is proffered if everyone pays for what they ordered or can offer to pay for everyone if you are hosting. Do not wait for others to pay your bill and always offer to pay for your own food. If this city is your chosen city for a holiday, have no fear as we would give you some tips on respecting their culture. You should know that the people of this city love it when the atmosphere is relaxed. Thus, they would not jump into any business topic. Always talk about something simple and allow the host to start the conversation.
Top 10 Places to Visit
- The Ostrog Monastery : The Ostrog Monastery is basically situated against an almost vertical background; it is high up in the large rock. It was established in the 17th century. And it is renovated in the year 1923.
- Millennium Bridge: Millennium Bridge is a cable-stayed bridge that is located on the Moraca River, Podgorica, Montenegro. The official name of the Millennium Bridge is Most Milenijum. The total length of the bridge is 173m, which is 568 feet. It was opened on June 13, 2005.
- Dajbabe Monastery: Dajbabe Monastery is the Serbian Orthodox Church in the city of Podgorica, Montenegro. It is located in the cave that is Dalbabe hill. It raises above the valley of Zeta. The monastery was constructed in the year 1897.
- Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ: It is the Orthodox Church in the city of Podgorica, Montenegro. The church is basically modern, monumental, which is designed very delicately with the carved stonework. The interior of this church is very graceful and very elegant.
- The clock tower: The clock tower is one of the famous towers in the city of Podgorica, Montenegro. It is basically situated in the Becker Beg Osmanagic square. This square is the neighborhood of the Stara Varos. The clock is located in a large complex.
- The Old Ribnica River bridge: The Old Ribnica River bridge is located in the city of Podgorica, Montenegro. This is the most famous bridge in the city. And also, the bridge is the oldest of all.
- Ribnica: Ribnica is basically a small river in the city of Podgorica. It is known as it is a tribute to the river Moraca. This river mostly dried up in the summer season. The city of Podgorica is known as Ribnica after the Ribnica River ages.
- Independence square: Independence square is basically a fountain in the city of Podgorica, Montenegro. It is basically located in Novaka Miloseva, Podgorica, Montenegro. It is known as the republic square of the Podgorica.
- Catholic Church: The Catholic Church is the famous church in the city of Podgorica, Montenegro. This church is basically a holy hearted church of the Lord Jesus.
- Vodopad Niagara: Niagara falls in the city of Podgorica, Montenegro is one of the famous tourist places in the country. It is located in the middle of the city of Podgorica. It has become a famous tourist attraction for the local people and tourists coming from other countries.
The city of Podgorica can easily attract people from various parts of the globe. If you see the city parks and museums, then you will never feel like returning. The city of Podgorica, the famous Montenegro city located in the state, is popular for its white-sand beaches, the bright sea, the calm and refreshing breeze, the culture, and interesting things. The city is full of places and activities to explore. The people of the local tribe named it, yet the reason it is named is unknown. Here’s a list of places you can visit in Podgorica.
The city parks are the life of this city, and you can find city parks of all types to visit in the city of Podgorica. Beautiful city parks are available all over Podgorica. Here are some of the parks you should visit while you are in the city:
- Gorica Natural Park: Gorica Natural Park is located on the island, which is thirteen kilometers away from the city's coast. You can enjoy all the kinds of activities in the park such as walking, cycling, kayaking, sightseeing, zip-lining, and many more.
- The Park Forest Gorica: The Park Forest Gorica is a thrilling park where you explore the jungle on a zip line of length around 450 meters. It is a massive park where one should definitely visit to face the challenges of the jungle. You also get to swim in the clean waters of the park.
- Karadordev Park: Karadordev is a half-day park where you will unleash the power of senses and participate in activities of more than 50 amazing scenarios. Your senses to see, hear, taste, smell, touch, and other hidden senses will be unlocked. This is one of the best places to visit in the city. You will walk in caves filled with darkness, discover a place of nature to cool off in the garden of Karadordev. This is the best park in the city to have the best time in their life.
- Public Enterprise National Parks of Montenegro: Though it is a rainforest, people in the city call it a national park. You cannot imagine that this park has the best nature trail, which will give you a fine exposure. Whoever has tried, it has never felt like criticizing it or writing any negative feedback.
- Skadar National Park: This park is famous for the best species whom you would love to see in a different form. Not only the people of the country visit this place and enjoy it to an extent level. The fact is that people from different parts of the world come here and get the world's best satisfaction.
- Lovcen National Park: For people who are addicted to botany, it is a must-visit place. Here you will find a wide variety of botanical gardens and want to know more about them. Never miss this opportunity of visiting here because it might not come again and again.
The city of Podgorica is famous for its beaches worldwide. The white sand beaches of this city are the gorgeous thing one can see around. It is blessed by one of the most beautiful beaches in the whole world. Here are some of the best beaches in the city:
- Bicici beach: For people who don’t like crowds and want to relax in silence, Bicici beach is the perfect beach for you. It is at a distance of 30 minutes from the main town. The city of Podgorica is a fishing village with clean beaches, friendly villagers, and has a fresh and calm vibe coming from it.
- Spuz Beach: It is a white sand beach, which is known as the specialty of the city. This beach is like Bicici beach as it is away from the city’s hustle and allows you to spend a perfect and peaceful beach day. It is just located behind one of the trendiest spots for nightlife in the city.
- Luchia Beach: Some people sit on the sand and take a sunbath on the beach while others like to swim in the water. Well, this is the perfect beach for people who want to swim in the depth of the water. There is a diving spot available on this beach so you can enjoy the best out of the beach.
- Queen's beach: The fresh and crystal clear waters of Queen’s beach is quite famous. You can get a ferry from this beach to the island, which makes the beach very crowded. One can swim on this beach because of the calm currents of water flowing most of the time. You can find food, drinks at a very reasonable price. You can also shop on the beach.
The city of Podgorica is not a city where the ideal landmarks are just highrises, tall buildings, resorts, and water parks. There are numerous landmarks other than the basic ones.
Here are some of the famous museums given below:
- King Nikola Monument
- Duklja ruins
Podgorica's city has a long history of the tribe, which can be easily understood in these museums of the city. If you like to explore the culture and learn about any city's history, museums are the perfect place to visit. Here are all the popular museums in the city:
- Galerija Risto museum: The kids love a Galerija Risto museum, and they get addicted to it very soon. You would also have fun because some of the extra museums active will give you a nice pleasure.
- Dvorac Petrovića: Visit this museum and discover various forms of arts by knowing about their nature. And the moment you understand them, you will never feel like going back to your normal life.
- Natural History Museum: If you have not visited this museum, then you have to remember it and come here at least once. The museum is filled with artifacts of an early age, and you would get enticed by them. Please make a note of it and mark it as a significant place.
Your tour to the city of Podgorica is not complete without having some good food in the city. You will get many street food shops on your way to different places, as many families are completely dependent on tourism. You need to taste some of the best and local foods of the city to understand the local people's culture and tradition very closely. The prices of most foods are low compared to many other cities in different countries.
Make sure to buy the foods from local street foods; as a traveler, you will be helping them and supporting them to keep up giving the taste of their culture to the tourist. These foods are also just as good as any other restaurant and very close to the traditional local foods. You will find that the locals prefer to eat healthy and nutritious food with lots of vegetables and meats. As the city has a mixed culture, you will get different types of local foods here, such as Thai food, Indian food, and Chinese food. Apart from these traditional and modern cuisines, the local street food is a must-try one that will leave your mouth lingering with their flavors. You will find that vegetarian, and non-vegetarian dishes are popular, and you will not find much trouble conveying your food preferences.
Traditional Local Restaurants
If you want to waste no time eating international foods while in the city of Podgorica and take your focus to try traditional foods, then you need to try these famous traditional restaurants in the city.
- Pod Volat: Many local people will happily recommend to you to try the foods in Pod Volat restaurant. This is one of the local restaurants in the city of Podgorica that will help you know the lifestyle and food choices of the city's local culture. The specialty of this restaurant is the delicious dish named char Buzara.
- Konoba 'Lanterna' Podgorica: If you want to try the true aroma and taste of the Montenegrin dishes, then you need to visit this restaurant. It comes with a very affordable price and signature local foods such as char kway teow, Buzara, and other delicious dishes.
- Restoran Vuk: A popular restaurant amongst the locals, it serves simple home-cooked Montenegrin dishes at low and affordable prices. It is located in Dalmatinska St, and more locals can be found here than tourists as it does not have any website. It is an ideal place to indulge in local Montenegrin food that is pocket friendly.
- The Living Room Lounge & Dining: If you want to try some of the best vegan foods, do not forget to stop at this restaurant. Along with delicious and high-quality meals, you will also get the option to get gluten-free meals in this restaurant. The homemade slices of bread and success are completely organic here, along with fresh vegetables.
Vegetarian and Vegan
Many tourists maintain their healthy diet by eating vegetables and keep the tour eco-friendly. Eating healthy vegetables and different vegan dishes helps travelers to stay healthy and fit. If you are a vegetarian, you do not need to worry when you are in this city as there are many restaurants to attend to your needs. With these places, you will get to enjoy traditional meals properly with your regular choices. If you are one of them, you do not need to worry much as there are many different vegan restaurants available in the city.
- The Republic of Good food
- Restobar Štrudla
- Gostiona 1928
- Masala Art
You will be able to get some of the best street foods in every corner of this city. There are some of the street foods available that are very popular all around the world. One of the best things about the city is the street foods that give the best tradition and culture. You will be amazed to see the street food options, and it will surely wake up the real foodie in you. Some of the best street foods that you need to try in the city of Podgorica are given below.
- Ispod Saca'
- Black Risotto
- Montenegrin Lamb in Milk
You will be able to get various beverages, various wines, and many other local drinks that will help you understand the taste of locals in a better way. If you want to find a bar or pub in the city, you will not have to look much as there are plenty. From coffee to cocktails, all different types of drinks are available in the city of Podgorica. Make sure to drink them from the local shops to get some traditional local drinks as well. Both local people and foreigners visit bars, pubs, and cafes to get the best experience of having different drinks. Apart from beers and wines, you will also be able to get many options for non-alcoholic drinks.
Podgorica's tap water meets all international standards, even E.U. and WHO, and is considered perfectly safe to drink. You can easily find many water taps and public drinking fountains in the city of Podgorica safe to drink, and you will not need to buy mineral water bottles. You can carry a reusable water bottle with you while exploring the city and refill it from these public sources. Podgorica's tap water is not only safe to drink but also tastes and smells good. In places where you cannot get bottled water, make sure to boil the tap water from the nearest places or carry one boiled tap water bottle with you as it is safe to drink once boiled. Many locals might suggest filtering the tap water before drinking it to get the bad properties out and make it clear to drink.
As the country's main town, Podgorica has stood up to catering to all segments of the population, including those with a preference for organic food. Organic food means food prepared from ingredients that are completely free of chemicals. As an eco-friendly traveler, you do not have to worry in this city about having organic food. There are many different restaurants and cafes in the town that have organic dishes and other organic ingredients. Here are some of the cafes and restaurants that you need to visit on your tour to the city of Podgorica for the best organic food.
- Zdrava Hrana Podgorica
- La Cultura
- Hard Rock Cafe
- Restoran Per Sempre
Without visiting proper breweries, you will not be able to explore the city and its culture. As the city has a high alcohol tax, you will not find many shops on the road. However, there are some places that you can visit to get international craft beer options. The city offers a very few breweries collections, and it is one of the last places that a beer lover wants to visit. It is tough to get the license to brew in the city, and there are only a handful of brewers available in the city.
Visit these places to get the best craft beers in the city of Podgorica.
- Podgoricka Pivara
- Akademija Piva
- PG Beer Academy
The city of Podgorica has so many places to visit and activities to do. You do not have to drive out of town if you're looking to unwind. Whether you're into sports, arts, or entertainment, there's something for everyone. For most local people, weekends are all about relaxing after a long week of enduring traffic, work, and the city's hustle and bustle. The city of Podgorica is a place full of activities that one can enjoy on a trip. People think that the beaches and nightlife are the only important aspects of the city, but they are wrong as there are many other fun activities to do in Podgorica. Endless activities like diving, swimming, zip-lining, kayaking, cycling, exercising, etc., are popular in the city. One can experience the best period of their life in this city. You can start with a normal walk, and you will take part in various activities unknowingly.
The museums and art exhibitions are always there for you to explore and will you appreciate art. Even if you are not a lover of artwork, something in you will be compelled when you see them.
Yoga and Retreats
Originated in India, Yoga has now spread worldwide. The city's calmness and the refreshing breeze all around make the city an ideal place for practicing yoga. Yoga is derived from a Sanskrit word called ‘Yuj,’ which means ‘to join’ or ‘to unite.’ There are many yoga institutes in the city where you can train under a qualified and experienced yoga teacher. With increasing awareness of the need for a healthy and fit lifestyle, the local people are gaining interest in yoga. The city of Podgorica has also adopted the practice of yoga recently. Here are some yoga retreats located in the city of Podgorica:
- Yoga Studio II
- Yoga Studio Podgorica
- Yoga Pop
- Soko Gym City
Sometimes the best hotels don’t offer an incredible service, and you’re left wondering what made you sign up after all. Before you book any accommodation in the city, it’s important to do a little due diligence to find out more about the space you are about to pay for. The city of Podgorica is heaven on earth if you like beach life. One can experience everything in this small city. If you are planning to visit there soon, you might be wondering where to stay. Some of the best hotels and resorts are classed from luxury to budget in the city of Podgorica, where one can have an easy stay.
The city has many options when it comes to accommodation, so foreigners are not stranded. These accommodation options range from hotels to apartments, and much more.
You can either make accommodation plans when you are in the city or before you arrive. It would be best to do whatever works best for you.
Green hotels provide you with the best service and embrace the ecology of the place. Green hotels practice environmentally conscious ways in any tourism industry. They work on solar and wind energy, have responsible waste management and cooperate with the local communities. You can book these kinds of hotels, so you will at least know that you are doing something good for the environment.
- Hotel Podgorica
- Hilton Podgorica Crna Gora
- Ramada by Wyndham
Hostels and Guest Houses
Here are some of the best, comfortable, and affordable guesthouses, as well as hostels, give below:
- Guest House Radonkic
- Rooms Inn
- Explorer Apartments EXPLORER APARTMENTS
- Star' s hostel
The city of Podgorica is quite expensive. If you are looking to buy an apartment in the city, you need to check all the necessary details and request a reasonable price from the dealer. You can find houses in the downtown area of the city where you will get an adequate price. You can find all types of houses like a flat, a condo, a suite, a bungalow, etc. Living in the city of Podgorica could be amazing as you are provided with all the basic services 24 hours a day. The hotels are the most expensive place to buy an apartment.
Couchsurfing in the city of Podgorica is possible yet hard to find. Couch surfing does not provide any safety to the host or the guest. It is risky to couchsurf in an unknown city. Although there are some places, you can find houses where you can stay without paying anything. You can also lookup online for houses that are couch surfing nearby and join them.
The idea surrounding Couchsurfing is that locals of the city offer hospitality by opening their homes to foreigners. It is usually voluntary so that there will be no complaints. Thus, anyone who signs up to accommodate people through Couchsurfing is expected to treat them right as they were not forced to do it.
Camping is one of the fun activities to do in the city of Podgorica. There are places where you can camp so there won’t be any need to look for a hotel to stay in. Campers describe the experience as exciting, and it lures those who have never been camping before. It helps you meet new people, and you get to do things you have never done before. If you a lover of nature and the outdoors, we know that you would wish to experience camping in whatever form when you are in a new city. The thing with camping is that there are particular areas for it; else, the whole purpose is defeated. Thus, it is right to know about camping sites.
How to Get There
The city of Podgorica is in the main part of Montenegro. It comes under the state of Podgorica. It is an ideal place for tourists to visit because of its famous beaches. People worldwide can travel to the city through different modes. The city has perfect weather, white-sand beaches, and the bright sea around it. Below are some of the ways of travel that should help you reach here without any issues.
Podgorica International Airport serves Podgorica, which connects Europe, America, and Asia and provides most major carriers. The city center is towards the northeast of the airport. Traveling by air is the easiest and best way to get there because you will experience the city's real beauty from above.
The city of Podgorica provides you with one of the best bus services in the world. The bus station in the city of Podgorica is Trg Golootockih Zrtava 1. Many bus companies do provide buses to the town from nearby towns and vice versa. Buses to the city can be booked online. You can find first-class buses as well as second class buses for your travel. The bus terminals are chaotic, and you may have to take some local help to determine which bus to choose for your requirements. This is because the intercity bus terminus is located around one hour from the city. The city has reasonably advanced local bus transport services, but intercity bus services are not very comfortable.
The morning trains leaving both cities are intercountry, meaning that they have stops in different towns along the route. The afternoon trains travel nonstop between the two towns. Besides, an old-line running from the city to the interior part of central Montenegro is being renovated to open up these regions and promote tourism.
You can find a lift from the main highway, many drivers passing by, or you can find a bus on highway routes. Most of the time, it will not cost you anything, but sometimes you will have to pay a bit amount for the ride. It’s easier to find a ride near a gas station or a speed bump. Hitchhiking is very much in vogue in the city, but you have to be careful when choosing the right person.
Most drivers are naturally wary of picking up strangers, fearing carrying robbers and carjackers. While there are exceptional cases of drivers who would be okay with offering one a lift, most of them would not, especially when driving at night.
Podgorica's city lies along major international roads that pass through and connect different countries on the continent. As a result of this, some of the visitors who get into the city are long-distance adventures driving their cars or even riding motorbikes. You can also reach there by road in your private car or a minivan.
The city of Podgorica is said to be one of the most famous cities in the world with beautiful attractions, white sandy beaches, and various landmarks. Moving around in the city of Podgorica is quite easy because you get all the efficient options. From a bus ride and taxis to walking around or renting a car. This guide helps you with the most efficient ways to move around the city.
If you go far from this area, you’ll find it a less tourist-like place. You can walk around to find many street markets and nearby shops. You will find various markets in this city as the city has a rich history of tradition and folklore. If you want to explore a city to its fullest, the best way is to walk around the city. You can explore it while walking around this city. You get to see every aspect of the city by walking. Downtown the city, or the area near the city's famous park, is the safest to walk around.
Since this group cannot afford public transport every day to and from work, many of them use bicycles to move around. The last few months have seen a campaign initiated to encourage the city residents to embrace cycling, not just for cost reasons but also to conserve the environment. To support this move, the city government has redesigned some city streets, removing motorized vehicles. The city has quite straight routes, making it a perfect place to bike around on your bicycle. You can find some bike rental shops where you can find a bicycle and travel around the city. There are also sports for bike tours in the city.
The city has also adopted electric vehicle standards. The state government will install approximately 10 charge stations for electric vehicles. Electric vehicles help to save the environment and are an eco-friendly way of exploring the city. There are many rental services from where you can find an electric vehicle for your traveling purpose.
The city's public buses are reviewed as one of the best and greatest bus systems for a tourist destination—the buses of the city-run twenty-four hours a day. The one-way fare of these buses is reasonable and will take you anywhere in the city. Public buses are the easiest way to travel around this city.
Tram, Train and Subway
The railway system in the city has endured many years of neglect, but it continues to be a convenient mode of transport for the residents of the areas in which it passes. The railway stations in the city serve the locals and tourists for moving around the city. These railway networks are some of the fastest ways to move around the town and get some beautiful views of the urban areas.
Now a smattering of independent, electric stores provides a platform for the country's talented designers and artisans to sell items that truly represent and reflect its creative energy. It would be best if you did not miss the opportunity to buy a few souvenirs, like t-shirts, mugs, and magnets for refrigerators, some of the beautiful handcrafted items, or you want to buy a swimsuit or sunhat. And of course, if you’re in Podgorica on one of its few rainy days throughout the year, the mall is a good place to spend it.
After taking a long walk in the city streets, one would definitely feel hungry and taste some delicious food. The city of Podgorica has a variety of foods to offer you amazing types of food. Given below are some food markets where you can visit.
- Market Plana
- Bis Market
- C Market
Some of these markets have specific days when traders come and display their merchandise, while others run throughout the week. Podgorica's city has many flea markets that mainly cater to the low-income earners who are unable to afford items sold in exhibition stalls.
Some of these markets include:
- Holešovická tržnice
- Mall of Montenegro
Second Hand Stores
The trade of second-hand items in the country, especially clothes, has weathered by opposition forms as it is blamed for the collapse of the country's manufacturing industry. In its defense, second-hand items are what most of the local people can easily afford. There are shops for second-hand electronics, furniture, and home appliances, clothes, etc., available in this city.
The eco-friendly way of fashion is to buy products that won’t harm the environment at any cost. It is also a responsibility for you to protect the environment and not pollute it in any way. A relatively uncharted area in the country, eco-fashion is slowly gaining ground as an ethical way to engage in fashion in an eco-friendly way.
Many parts of the city, especially the low and middle-income areas, don't even have waste collection systems in place. In high-income areas, private waste collection companies are booming. While many local people understand the long-term ramifications of improper solid waste management to the environment, recycling has not caught on, particularly in middle and high-income areas where recycled products generate income proportionately too minimal to consider pursuing seriously. Residents pay handsomely without really knowing where the waste will end up.
The reuse and recycling levels ranged at about one percent for organics, eight percent for paper waste, five percent of plastic waste, 100 percent of reusable metal scrap, and an unknown part of glass recycled. In all, 27% of the total generated waste was properly disposed of at the designated landfill, while 69% were improperly disposed of or handled.
Work and Study Abroad
There are very few universities to study in the city of Podgorica. One would not recommend you to study in a city that is a tourist attraction as it will just distract you from your studies and might diversify your mind in spending time unreasonably. Many famous companies have their branch in this place. Job offers for hotel management workers are more in the city of Podgorica. Many lowkey workers still work in hotels and restaurants who get paid in cash. One should be aware that working in these types of jobs is quite common, which is illegal and can put you in some serious trouble of deportation.
There are a few universities in the city of Podgorica where one can study as an exchange student. Although, you do not get many options for your particular stream. The city of Podgorica has many multinational corporations that attract many foreigners, but it also has some of the region's best universities. Every year, these universities attract many international students from all over the world.
Working as an Au Pair in foreign makes you feel at home with all the hustle around you. In Podgorica, you can search for houses that need an Au Pair online and stay with them. The best chance to stay with some is if they like your company as a foreigner and let you in. It is straightforward to find jobs as an Au Pair, as it is accepted worldwide now. The city of Podgorica is yet to accept the concept of the au pair. Most of the city of Podgorica prefer getting their house help from their villages or a younger relative.
In Montenegro, volunteer work can be life-changing, whether you are a professional or just seeking to explore the world and other cultures. There are also a lot of NGOs and charities in Podgorica that are understaffed and need qualified help. Still, a volunteer isn't valuable to an organization unless he/she has the right mix of passion, time, and utility. There are plenty of children’s homes, etc., in the city of Podgorica that would probably welcome the help and which would probably not ask questions about your immigration status, especially for unpaid work. Still, it is important to be aware of the legal aspects.