Eco-friendly travel guide to Puerto Princesa advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Puerto Princesa, Philippines.
- Air quality: 3.8 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 3.9 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 4 / 5
- Public transportation: 3.9 / 5
- Parks: 4 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 3.9 / 5
- Locals' English level: 3.5 / 5
- Safety: 4 / 5
- Accommodation: US$1000 - $1600
- Budget per day: US$800 - $900
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Eco-friendly travel guide to Puerto Princesa advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally-owned hotels, organic restaurants, and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Puerto Princesa, Philippines. Puerto Princesa is the greenest and cleanest city in the Philippines and it is the second most popular tourist destination in the country. The city is famous for its underground river and the national treasure troves; one can never get enough of its beautiful aquamarine water, marvelous cave formations, and elegant limestone cliff. Subterranean River National Park is the biggest attraction for the tourist around the globe here; it is UNESCO world heritage site. There are a lot more to see and to do in the city as the surrounding offers pleasant options to the travelers. The nightlife of the city is pretty adequate and hence you can easily find a perfect venue for clubbing and partying. There are many discotheques and restaurants in the city; you can easily find a suitable one for yourself with the help of the locals. You can even plan for scuba diving and snorkeling in Honda bay, it is basically a group of 20 islands surrounded by crystal clear water, and it is a perfect place for adventure seekers. Rental boat tours are available for travelers here. There are a lot of things here that need your attention but when you are visiting Puerto Princesa, don’t forget to fulfill your duty as a responsible traveler. Here is the list of things you can do while your stay in the city.
- Whenever you are purchasing something, consider buying it from the local shops of the city. You can buy meals, clothing, snacks, souvenirs, etc from local stores
- When you exploring the places, consider donating some money for good causes. This will help the economy of the city stay stronger.
- Plastic wastes are the biggest threat to the environment so you should always look for ways to use alternative options when it comes to plastic bags, plastic wrappers, etc
- You should never leave a trace or your footprints behind, so make sure to follow the general guidelines of the city to keep it clean and tidy as always.
- Try to visit all the green parks of the city so that you can understand the culture of the city in a better way
- Opt for green hotels and non-fuel-based cars to help the city in the reduction of waste generation. You can also use local transport for traveling the city.
- Respect the culture of the city and follow the custom and visit the holy places or religious monuments.
Air Quality and Pollution
The city has a tropical wet and dry climate though the warm weather around the beaches and islands makes it a perfect place for travelers. From late December to early April, is the idle time to visit Puerto Princesa. Puerto Princesa is the cleanest and greenest city in the country and hence the pollution level of the city is under control. You can easily roam around on the streets of Puerto Princesa freely without any precaution. If you are traveling with kids and older adults then you can consult your doctor before visiting the city. The city is quite disturbed due to its noise pollution caused by the tricycles. Tricycles are the most commonly used vehicles in the city by the locals. It is the most popular mode of public transport in the city, and it is also the major cause of pollution here. Tricycles are very affordable and easily assessable; this is the only reason why people of Puerto Princesa prefer tricycle over any other mode of transportation. The government has taken several measures to control the pollution and hence the city is safe to visit at any time of the year.
Respect the Culture
Puerto Princesa is a blended mixture of different cultures or it is a melting pot of various cultures. The rich legacies of folklore and tradition of the city can be easily seen through the locals of the city. There are many historical sites and beaches that need your attention here. The boat trips through the gigantic limestone caves and the crystal clear water is something that will definitely blow your mind. The diving sites are the homes of long-nosed dolphins, rays, and turtles. The city is very famous for its historical sites, the UNESCO world heritage site named Subterranean River National Park holds a reputed place in the new 7 wonders of nature. The city is considered as the world’s one of the most beautiful places due to its rich blended culture. The locals of the city are very humble and full of pride in their natural heritage and the hospitality of the city is outstanding. There are few underrated sites in the city which worth a visit, the city is full of surprises and the best way of exploring the city is via local transport with the guidance of the locals. Island hopping in the Honda bay is something you should definitely do here. You can visit every island with the help of a boat which is easily available here for travelers. Crowrie is the nearest island and filled with locals, starfish island is popular for the highest number of starfish population, Luli island is again a beautiful piece of nature that sinks during the high tides and rises back in the low tide, there are so many islands here that has some special features which make them different from the other.
Top 10 Places to Visit
Tourist around the globe visits Puerto Princesa for its beautiful beaches and wonderful islands which is surrounded by crystal clear water and beautiful marine life. Scuba diving, skorbing is something you cannot miss when you are in Puerto Princesa. Here are the top ten places to visit in the city.
- Puerto Princesa Underground River- Underground River is the most famous tourist spot in the city. You can explore the river and its surrounding via boat which will take you through the limestone cave; this underground river is also known as the world’s longest navigable underground river. You can enjoy the spectacular views of the gigantic cave chambers.
- Sabang – If you are someone who loves trekking then you should definitely visit Sabang. It is the perfect place for a forest trek with the help of the monkey trail; you can even consider the paddle boat tour in the mangrove forest here. Trekking to Sabang waterfall is also a must.
- Dos Palmas Resorts – Dos palmas is an island resort situated in Arrecife Island, this place is perfect if you are willing to spend a beautiful night in Honda bay; the resort also provides the facilities of pick up and drop.
- Baker’s Hill – Baker’s hill is a perfect place for foodies, you can get a variety of freshly baked local delicacies here. You can even pack some and take them back to your hometown as well. This place has a mini theme park which gives it garden-like views and structure. It can also be considered as one of the beautiful places in the city to take pictures.
- Mitra’s Ranch – Just beside the baker’s hill you will find a lovely place called Mitra’s ranch, it is popular for horse riding and ziplining
- Palawan Tribal Village and Butterfly Farm – This is the most fascinating tourist spot in the city. You can visit the tribal village to understand the culture of the city in a better way and you can also visit the butterfly garden where you can witness a variety of butterflies and other insects.
- Puerto Princesa Baywalk – Puerto Princesa baywalk is a perfect place to watch sunsets, along with that you can try the street foods here from the food park.
- Plaza Cuartel – Plaza cuartel is a historical site and idle to visit with your loved ones. The ruins of the garrison and tunnels are the reminders of World War II. You can take the help of a guider to understand the history of the city here.
- Immaculate Conception Cathedral – Immaculate Conception cathedral is another historical site, this church is a beautiful example of art and ancient work, the beautiful painting on the walls will definitely blow your mind. You can attain the prayers here with your kids or family.
It is important to visit all the national parks of the city it will allow you to stay close to nature. Here are few other popular parks of the city that need your attention.
- Mendoza park – Medoza Park is a very refreshing area that is situated in the middle of the central district of the city. The architecture of the park is very fascinating and attractive. If you are visiting Puerto Princesa with your kids or family then do visit Mendoza Park
- Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park – This park occupies the largest area of the city and is the most famous tourist attraction. It can be the most amazing park you will ever visit in your life. You need to book a tour of the park here and it will take a whole day to complete all the best spots of the mark.
- Nacpan beach – This beach is considered a tropical paradise especially when you want to escape from the crowds of the city. You can spend a peaceful evening here with your loved ones and enjoy the beautiful sunsets. There are few street vendors selling a variety of street foods, you can have them while you are at the beach.
- Seven Commandos Beach – This beach is a heaven on earth, the clear turquoise water white sand and coconut trees surrounding the beach area are very pleasant to watch. It is ranked as one of the cleanest beaches in the world and you can just take a boat tour here as you are not allowed to soak yourself in water.
The city is famous for its heritage sites, Underground River, and beautiful beaches. Iwahig Prison and Penal Farm is the famous landmark of the city. Apart from that, there are few museums that need your attention as well.
- Palawan Special Battalion WW2 Memorial Museum – This museum carries the legacies of the warriors who lost their lives on the battleground. It is a little private collection of the old memories of battalions. This can be a perfect place to take your children or family members.
The wide variety of foods from different cuisines and from all the corners of the world will definitely blow your mind. The city is famous for its freshly cooked seafood which is widely available at every restaurant, from the local restaurants to the international restaurants; you can get a wide variety of differently cooked seafood here. Filipino foods are getting popular among the travelers here and you should also try the traditional dishes of the city. Chicken inasal should be on your must-try dishes list as it is the most common food in the city, it is basically a grilled chicken dishes mixed with a variety of spices and herbs; there is plenty of restaurants here serving chicken inasal. Badjao seas foods and kaLui are the best kinds of seafood available in the city, apart from this tuna, shrimps, lobster, squids, blue marlin, and sea bass are other popular seafood of the city. The city has a wide variety of pork dishes as well apart from the seafood. The divine style of cooking Philliphian delicacies which have evolved in the past few years will definitely suit your taste buds. You can easily get Chinese foods, Thai foods, and Japanese foods here. Hopia bread is something you will never get to eat anywhere else, it is basically a Filipino bean stuffed pastry that is very popular with travelers. Lato seaweeds which is also known as sea grapes are highly consumed by the locals here, it can be served with fried dishes and with salt and vinegar.
Traditional Local Restaurants
Traditional local restaurants in the city will provide you the best traditional foods in the city. You can try these authentic flavors of Filipino cuisine either from the five-star restaurants or from the local street vendor. Here are the top traditional restaurants in the city you can try.
- Kalui Restaurants – Kalui restaurant is located in the Barangay San Miguel. It is the most famous restaurant in the city for its variety of seafood and affordable prices. The specialty of the restaurant is their menu, which keeps on changing every day and that depends on the fresh catch of the day. You can always find something new every time you visit. The most common and popular dishes include tempura, sashimi, sinigang, baked mussel, and shellfish soup.
- La Terrasse Restaurant – La terrasse is one of the most stylish restaurants in Puerto Princesa. This place is popular for its varieties of freshly made dishes with organic ingredients. The menu is filled with all the local dishes of the city which are made of high-quality local produce items. You can plan a romantic dinner here for your loved ones as the restaurant has very scenic views.
Vegetarian and Vegan
If you are a vegetarian or prefer vegan foods over meat foods then again this city has a lot to offer. The vegan dishes in the city will make you fall in love with foods and meat lovers can also give it a try. Here is the best vegan restaurant in the city.
- Ima's Vegetarian Restaurant – This restaurant is situated in Fernandez St. It is the best vegan restaurant in the town serving varieties of vegan dishes and this place is affordable too. The interiors of the restaurant are very basic, and the decoration of the foods are also effortless but tasty though. You should try ima’s blend here which is a milkshake and they also sell homemade peanut butter which is probably the best peanut butter in town.
- Namaskar Vegetarian House – Namaskar vegetarian house is located in Burgos St. It feels good when you find so many options in vegetarian dishes and this restaurant is best when it comes to varieties. Namaskar vegetarian is the best restaurant you are looking for that serves the best vegan Filipino cuisine in the city.
Puerto Princesa has a wide variety of street foods and it is easily available at every corner of the city. If you want to have some unusual combination of foods then you are at the right place, the city is famous for its blended mixture of culture and that culture helps to generate varieties of dishes. The street vendors of the city sell varieties of fast foods including seafood, tropical fruits, etc. Crocodile sising is the most exotic dish in the city, you should definitely give it a try. The crocodile meat is similar in taste to the chicken and the texture of the meat is very soft and flavorful. Crocodile meat carries high protein and hence very healthy to eat. There are varieties of dishes made of crocodile meat that can try here that include sisig, Bicol express, sausages, and tapa. The meat is marinated into vinegar or sour juices like a lemon before preparing any dishes. Danggit Lamayo is another famous dish of Puerto Princesa, it is basically a sun-dried rabbitfish that is prepared by including garlic, pepper, and vinegar. Chao long noodles, Lechon, etc are some other popular dishes you can try here.
There always room for your favorite drink after every meal. You can try a wide variety of drinks in Puerto Princesa. Halo-halo is the most famous drink in the city and it is easily available in every corner of the city, from the big five-star restaurant to the local shops of the city. Halo-halo is basically a refreshing drink that is a mixture of sweetened preserved fruits, crushed ice, and evaporated milk. The toppings are optional and can be picked by the consumer; you can either have your halo with ice cream or with Leche flan.
Tap water is safe to drink in the city. However, there is no proper data is available regarding the quality of the water in Puerto Princesa. According to the researches based on the feedbacks of the locals and the travelers, the quality of the tap is safe and hence is perfect to consume tap water idly in the city. It is very important to take care of your health, especially when you are traveling to an unknown place. The hotels and restaurants are able to provide filtered water, so you don’t need to worry about the water quality here. But, if you are in an unfamiliar place or in the outer areas of the city, then try to carry your water bottles to refill those bottles from water purifiers available in your nearest location. In extreme cases, you can boil water for few minutes before consuming it. Tap water is super safe for all the other purposes like washing clothes, bathing, brushing teeth, etc.
- Eightynine Café – Eightynine café is on Rizal Avenue and it is the best coffee shop in the city. This place serves the best English breakfast that includes toast, bacon, black coffee, eggs, omelets, etc. This cafe has the best cappuccino in the city, the quality of the foods and beverages is outstanding. This café is highly recommended and do not forget to try the pasta and mongo dessert here.
- Gold • Cup Specialty Coffee Roaster’s – Gold cup specialty roaster’s is situated on Rizal Avenue. This place severs the best coffee; their coffee is addictive that you might want to visit this place again and again. This place is quiet and cozy, hence it is idle for the travelers who want to spend some quality time with their family or friends. The roasted coffee is something you should definitely give a try.
- Palaweno Brewery – This place serves the best-crafted beer in the town and highly recommended by travelers and the locals. The beer has a very unique taste and the environment of the café is very calm, which makes it a perfect place for a cool day out. This brewery is located just a short walk away from the busy streets. There are several varieties of beer available in this place and you should definitely try their buko rum, it is amazing.
- The Cebruery - Craft Beer Taproom – The cebruery is an award-winning brewery in the Philippines. The exceptional taste of the beers in this brewery will make you a big fan of hand-crafted beers. There are several beers available here with unique combinations for example you can try Guimaras Gose, which is a combination of mangoes and beer. You can also try people power pale ale which is a show stopper when it comes to taste.
Puerto Princesa is full of surprises when it comes to fun activities, there are a number of things which you can do here. The city has the best dive site in the whole world; dive at tubbataha reef is something you should never miss when you are in the city. The diving sessions are done in the middle of the sulu sea, the marine life and the bird sanctuary are very well preserved here. It is a home of a lot of marine animals including different types of fishes, dolphins, sharks, coral species, and whale species. Apart from this you can also take a tour of the Iwahig River and watch the fireflies here. You can take your friends or family to watch this tiny glowing bug, but remember to take a guider with you, or else there is no guarantee that you can see those fireflies here. The tours also include the dining facilities as it is best to fill your stomach before starting your tour as it can take more time to reach the actual spot where you can find these tiny little creatures.
Yoga and Retreats
Yoga can be the ultimate solution to all your tiredness and stressfulness from constant traveling. It can be considered as the best option especially when you are on a constant move and continuously eating restaurant foods. There are several yoga centers in the city for travelers to experience the strong evolution of self. You can take out some time for yourself as Self-love is very important and you can take care of your mind and body by joining this yoga center. You can even attain online yoga classes as well.
When it comes to accommodation Puerto Princesa is the best place to stay and it is budget-friendly as well, whether you want to stay in a five-star hotel or in some budget-friendly lodge. The city has everything for every type of traveler. You can easily get well-furnished apartments herewith attached bathrooms, kitchen, and shower area. Most of the hotels in the city have breakfast facilities and free wifi as well as these hotels are situated in the beautiful locations of the city. You can take the help of the internet to choose the perfect hotel in your budget at your desired location. You can even go to a hotel that has a garden area with a calm and quiet atmosphere.
Green hotels are best to stay especially when you are on a tight budget. These types of hotels focus on the reduction of carbon emission in the environment and also the reduction of solid waste generation. These green hotels also work on reducing the usage of water and electricity to decrease the impact on the environment as much as possible. These types of hotels are generally built with sustainable materials and suitable for staying for a longer period of time. There are so many green hotels in the city among which you can choose, most of the hotels are situated in the beautiful location of the city. Here is the list of best in the city that is highly rated by the customers.
- Daluyon Beach and Mountain resort
- Canvas Bioteque Hotel
Hostels and Guest Houses
Staying in hostels or guest houses can be your best choice of choosing an accommodation as it allows you to travel on a budget. They are considered budget-friendly accommodation especially when you are planning to stay for a longer period of time. When you are staying in hostel or guest houses, you can meet with new people or the locals of the city which will allow you to know the culture of the city in a better way. It can add excitement to your traveling experience or else staying in the hotel rooms doesn’t allow any socializing. Meeting new people and making new friends is an essential part of traveling, especially if you are a student and temporarily shifting to the city, it becomes hard to manage everything on your own. The city has very fascinating hostels and guesthouses available for students or job seekers or travelers. These places are filled with all the essential elements including restaurants, gardens, a good environment, etc. Here are the best hostels and guest houses in the city.
- Sheebang Hostel
- Globetrotter Inn – Palawan Inc.
- Bamboo Nest Palawan
The apartment is like a second home in an unknown place and it is highly suitable for travelers who are planning to live in Puerto Princesa for more than three months. The living space of the residential building is marvelous, you can easily get an apartment like this here. You can get a single-family house here or flats for rent, it completely depends on your budget and the number of people you are traveling with. These fully furnished apartments are loaded with facilities like home which includes a nice décor, kitchen area with all the necessary equipment, TVs, comfortable bed, dining area, facilities of free wifi, etc. Most of the apartments in the city are situated near the market area so that you can easily get a good supply of groceries and other household stuff. Here is the list of the top three apartments in Puerto Princesa.
- Puerto Apartments
- Gatspy Apartment
- Ducejo Residence - Puerto Princesa Area
Couchsurfing is very popular these days. Many regular events organized by the couchsurfers in more than 200,000 cities in the world. It allows travelers to roam around the place in a budget-friendly way. Couch surfing is basically a temporary stay service of staying in other traveler's homes. It allows travelers to get a secure place to sleep and eat. You can choose to stay like this in the city, and while doing so you can roam around the local places of the city which might not be mentioned in your travel guide but worth a visit. The only drawback here is that you can’t stay more than two days in the houses of other travelers.
Puerto Princesa is a beautiful place surrounded by oceans, islands, and mountains, which means there are plenty of places available around the city for camping. Puerto Princesa is the place for the adventure seeker and ocean lovers, your trip is incomplete without a night spends in the beautiful campsites of the city. The camping sites in the city are well maintained and it has all the necessary facilities included in them, You can choose to make your own tents as well in your desired location or you can enjoy the camp service of the city. There are specially designed adapted vehicles available in the city for a better camping experience.
How to Get There
It is very easy to reach Puerto Princesa especially when there are airline options available. This city is an island city, so if you are traveling from any other country then you need to take a flight or a cruise ship to reach the city. The inner part of the city can be traveled through different modes of transportation. Make sure to check the prices with different websites to ensure a smart travel experience. Don’t forget to take a boat ride when you are in the city as it is the most exciting part of traveling to this city.
Being an island city, airways are the only fastest option to reach the city. There are a number of daily flights from the different cities of the country that includes Hong Kong, Cebu, and Angeles. Traveling through airways can be a bit expensive as compared to any other mode of transport, there is no other choice available for this particular city apart from cruise ships. Don’t forget to check the prices of the tickets from the airlines you are planning to board in, you can compare it with soother airlines and accordingly book the tickets.
Buses are the cheapest way of traveling especially when it connects with all the small and big areas of the city. Though the journey would take longer than usual to reach the desired location. The best way of admiring the beauty of the city and the culture of the people is via traveling through buses and other public transports. You can book a private bus to cover all the major areas of the city, the private bus will pick you up from your hotel and leave you at the same spot after completing the journey.
There are no train facilities available in the city as it is an island city. There is no point in constructing any either. Instead of a train, you can choose to travel from the van to cover the sight sins in the city. Van is highly preferred by the tourists here as it is faster than the bus and pocket friendly as well.
Hitchhiking is the most preferable, mode of traveling among the tourist. You can easily get a lift to reach a certain place by asking any stranger who has a licensed vehicle. This ride is completely free of cost and you don’t need to pay a single penny for that. The nomads usually preferred hitchhiking as it was the primary mode of Now, travelers use this to save money and time, you just need to figure out the busiest road in the city and accordingly, you can ask for lifts from the locals of the city who are also heading in the same direction through their vehicles.
You can book or rent a car if you know how to drive and this can be the best option as you can drive the car according to your wish and stop driving for having some snacks in any corner of the city without any irruption. You can also rent a bicycle or you can choose to travel by walking the market areas or the shopping areas.
It is best to prefer public transport to travel the city instead of any private cars. Traveling means exploring new places and appreciating the local culture of the city, it can’t be obtained via traveling through cars or buses. Cars don’t allow you to witness the small details about the city but when you are riding a bicycle or if you are walking, you can see the culture of the city in a better way.
You already know the importance of the market area and shopping area as being a smart traveler your journey is incomplete without these places. Puerto precise is a beautiful island city and there are a lot of tiny islands within the boundaries of the city, you can explore the inner part of these tiny islands by walking only.
You can rent a bicycle to roam around the beach area or the market area. A bicycle can be very convenient in terms of handling and it can also be the cheapest mode of travel. Modern bicycles come with a variety of features that allow them to move faster. You can easily get a bicycle on rent here or you can even check with your hotels while booking regarding the facilities of providing rental bicycles.
Electronic cars are easily available in every corner of the city; you can opt for chargeable vehicles to travel the city instead of fuel-based cars. The government of the city is continuously promoting the usage of electric vehicles and appealing to the citizens to minimize the use of private cars or fuel-based cars. All the major cities of the country have started using chargeable cars and Puerto Princesa is one of them.
Public buses are the best mode of transport especially when you’re in an unknown place. It allows you to travel with the locals of the city and while traveling you will cross many small areas of the city which will help you to get a sneak peek into the lifestyle of the locals. The bus stations are available at every corner of the city from where you can purchase the tickets.
Tram, Train and Subway
There are no running trains, trams, and subways in the city. Puerto Princesa is an island city and hence there are no facilities are available nor the government is planning to construct any.
Your traveling experience is incomplete without visiting the shopping centers of the city. There are various stores, malls; street vendors are available in the city to fulfill your desire of shopping local produce, whether you want clothes, shoes, etc. There is a lot of things you can buy from the city and take back to your home as a beloved memory of your trip. You can buy the tribal-infused wooden sculpture and wall hangings from the local shops of the city that represents the culture of Puerto Princesa. You can even buy branded clothes from the malls here or you can spend some time doing window shopping or you can even spend some quality time with your loved ones in the coffee shops in the malls.
When it comes to the food market then don’t forget to visit the old public market in the city which is situated on Malvar Road. This market is opened 24/7 and hence you can visit this place at any time of the day or night. This place is filled with lots of exciting things apart from food. You can get good quality whiskey here, fresh meat, dried fish, etc. You can even take raw foods and cook them in the comfort of your house.
Flea markets in the city are the best-organized market you will ever see. If you love to collect antique items wherever you go then this can be your best option. When you are in Puerto Princesa don’t forget to visit Puerto Princesa public market. From households’ stuff to the clothing and accessories, you can get everything here. You can even use your bargain skills to grab your favorite items.
Second Hand Stores
Second-hand shops can help you in the time of emergencies when you don’t have enough money but you are in urgent need of something. Second-hand stores in Puerto Princesa sells the good quality products and it doesn’t look like very old. You can even exchange your goods for some money here. Travelers are very fond of theft stores as it allows them to gain some money for survival in the city.
Eco-fashion is a modern way of using eco-friendly clothes and accessories. Eco-fashion is very much in trend now and it will make you look stylish as well. There are a lot of designers in the market of Puerto Princesa selling eco-friendly products at affordable prices.
Recycling can be the best option when you don’t have any other choice instead of using such non-degradable things. You can reuse your plastic bags and bottles to reduce the amount of waste generated in the city. This will help the city to stay clean and pollution-free.
Waste generation is a major cause of pollution that affects the health of the people. Air pollution or water pollution triggers many serious health diseases that can even risk the lives of people. The city is the major tourist attraction and due to that the amount of waste generated in the city is comparatively high as compared to other cities in the Philippines. You should contribute to the reduction of waste generation as being a responsible traveler it is your duty to do so.
Work and Study Abroad
Puerto Princesa is one of the most famous tourist spots in the country; the emerging demand of the tourism sector gives rise to job opportunities in the city. People around the globe are trying to get a good job in the city due to its atmosphere and surroundings; the city also pays a handsome salary which is perfect for managing someone’s expenses in the city and save some for the future. Puerto Princesa is cheaper in terms of accommodation and travel. Studying in Puerto Princesa is also an excellent idea especially if you are someone who loves to stay close to nature, the universities in the city provide extra benefits for international students, and the availability of various courses will help you to choose a perfect one according to your ability.
The exchange student program helps the student to study in a different country in different environments. It allows them to learn and understand the history and culture of different cities. These programs are best for the students who are fond of different cultures and customs, it will allow them to learn new things and make new friends. The criteria for getting admission to Puerto Princesa University are that the student must be 15 years old and the home university of the student should be linked with Puerto Princesa University.
Au-pair can be your ultimate solution to multiple problems like finding a suitable shelter for yourself, home-cooked meals, and some pocket of money. Au pair is a service provided by the traveler to the locals in exchange for some money, food, and a cozy place to sleep. You just need to be aware of the basic household activities including cleaning, babysitting, cooking, etc.
Volunteering means you are offering a free service to support good causes. What else can be better than this to show your love and affection for your favorite holiday destination. You can choose to volunteer for cleaning, teaching, guiding, etc. Let the other people enjoy the magnificent views of the city as much as you did.