San Pedro de Atacama
Eco-friendly travel guide to San Pedro de Atacama advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in San Pedro de Atacama, Chile.
- Air quality: 4 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 4 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 4.5 / 5
- Public transportation: 3.5 / 5
- Parks: 3.5 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 3 / 5
- Locals' English level: 3.5 / 5
- Safety: 3 / 5
- Accommodation: US$30 - $90
- Budget per day: US$50 - $150
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
San Pedro de Atacama is a South American town in Chile, present in the El Loa Province. The town's most striking characteristic is that it overlooks the Licancabur volcano. It is a small town; therefore, the tourism rates are not very high. San Pedro de Atacama covers 23,438.8 square kilometers, and about 3,899 people live there. Due to such a low population, you will find this town more on the quiet side. There are no higher education institutes because most young men and women live away from their families, and only the older adults can be found. If you visit this Chilean town, ensure that your actions don't cause any harm to the local environment. The local environment consists of both nature and the local communities. You must respect both of them and keep your carbon footprint minimum. Adopting various eco-friendly measures to your trip will help you make it sustainable and responsible. It would also be best to keep yourself updated with the local laws to make your trip pleasant.
Air Quality and Pollution
Air quality is the process of measuring how clean and polluted the air is. Monitoring of the air quality is important because polluted air can be bad for our health and it causes many skin issues—and the health of the environment. The air quality of San Pedro de Atacama is excellent because it is set on a high plateau. You will feel refresh here, due to the fresh air and clean environment. It is a fairly expensive location, as air quality is outstanding and it offers many outdoor activities. Whether you want to take your baby for a stroll or go for a picnic with your family members while on vacation, San Pedro de Atacama offers the perfect outdoor environments for all such activities. Air pollution can harm anyone, but it can be really dangerous for many people, including children and teens, people with asthma and other lung diseases.
Respect the Culture
Cultural respect is the recognition, protection, and continued advancement of the inherent rights—the culture of any country or town reﬂects the country's population and geographic isolation. It would be best to respect every culture irrespective of where you are from because every person's emotions are connected with their beliefs and norms. In the case of San Pedro de Atacama, if you have any business meetings in San Pedro de Atacama, you should endeavor to show up on time as they take punctuality seriously. It is impolite to arrive past the time that was agreed upon. It is also considered respectful to shake hands with everyone when you are meeting or gathering, irrespective of their age or gender. It will help you follow every cultural thing to make your trip more enjoyable and with lots of fun.
Top 10 Places to Visit
- Valle De La Luna: The Moon's Valley is a desert area and a tourist attraction in the Atacama desert, belonging to the Antofagasta region. In 1982 it became a nature sanctuary and was part of the Los Flamencos national reserve; its entrance is administered by Conaf and is accessible from San Pedro de Atacama. Along with the so-called Valley of Death, this place is unique within the environment that surrounds the Sierra Orbate at 2,500 meters above sea level; it is a depression of size of about 440 km² of the so-called Cordillera de la Sal in the Atacama salt flat bordering by 500 m elevated peaks nearby. It extends from the west through the Domeyko mountain range, to the east through Toconao and Peine to the south.
- Geyser del Tatio: It is a geothermal area in the Andes Mountains, the highest globally (4,200 meters high), and is located 89 kilometers from San Pedro. The morning's early hours present an unusual steam fumarole activity produced by its watery craters' high temperatures. Tourists are recommended to bring very warm clothing, a bathing suit, a towel, sunscreen, and mineral water. It is without a doubt one of the most wonderful shows offered by the desert. Its mineral salt edges are soft; you have to be careful when approaching. The ground and the sky's colors stand out between the 7-meter-high columns of steam under the sun's first rays. It is a wonderful spectacle. In the vicinity, there are thermal pools where it is possible to bathe. Approximately between 06:00 and 07:00 hours, the maximum expression of these steam and water fumaroles occurs with temperatures that reach 85°C and emerge from the ground with force reaching approximate heights between 7 and 8 meters. On the way and in the place, it is possible to observe vicuñas, llamas, ñandúes, and vizcachas, while in the flora, the giant cactus, llaretas, and coirón stand out. The temperature fluctuates between 15°C during the day and two °C below zero at night. The place also has thermal water pools, encrusted with mineral deposits, covering the 10 km2 of the geothermal field. Simultaneously, in the background, the peaks of snowy volcanoes are outlined against a metallic blue sky. With their famous setting and spectacular scenery, the Geysers are among the most impressive attractions to visit.
- Salar de Tara: It is not one of San Pedro de Atacama's most common destinations, but perhaps it is the best of all. Higher than the Tatio Geysers, the Salar de Tara is located uniquely in the highland landscape. Its size is 48 km2, and it is protected by the Cathedral of Tara, an imposing mass of rocky giants in the middle of the desert. Getting to the Salar de Tara (4,300 meters above sea level) is complex since a large part of the journey is by footprints created by vehicles' passage, not a path itself. That said, if you have a four by four and study the route well, you will most likely have no problems. From San Pedro de Atacama, you must take the international road that connects Chile with Argentina through Paso Jama. Fully paved, you must advance 102 km to the access point to the Salar de Tara and turn left. This point is not signposted, so you must mark it well on your GPS or cell phone before leaving. Then you must follow the trail to the Salar (yellow line on the upper map). If you have skills and like to drive on loose dirt terrain, this journey can be entertaining. Along the way, you will pass by the Monks of the Pecan and the Cathedrals of Tara.
- Termas Banos de Puritama: A relaxing bath in a unique natural environment, where the desert gives way to a green stream with thermal waters at 33.5°C, is a comfortable place. It is located 30 km from San Pedro de Atacama at 3,400 meters high in the Andean Altiplano. You will find the Puritama River that brings thermal waters that flow at 33.5°C., and they are born from underground layers of the Cordillera, where they take the temperature with volcanic materials. At the bottom of a strong ravine between plants in the area, the water emanates through the rocks forming several stepped natural pools, where you can take a bath with medicinal properties. The place has all the infrastructure to spend half a day of relaxation and entertainment in nature. Taking a bath in thermal waters at 30°C and almost 3,400 meters above sea level is an unmissable experience, part of the routine of the Atacameños was to take medicinal baths in these waters loaded with pure minerals from the Cordillera de Los Andes. Without a doubt, your body and mind will appreciate it!
- Lagunas Baltinache: About a few kilometers from San Pedro de Atacama, seven hidden lagoons amaze all who come to know them. Juan Pablo Reyes, our collaborator, visited this place, and today he brings us spectacular photos of its crystalline and high salinity waters, which resemble the famous Céjar lagoon. The Cordillera de la Sal is a saline callus east of the Salar de Atacama. It rises 200 meters above the salt flat and is approximately 180 km long and 15 km wide. Millions of years ago, a salt lake was increasing due to the same earth movements that formed the Andes mountain range. Due to its soil's high saline content, the mountain range seems to be permanently dusted with snow. The Baltinache lagoons are a set of 7 saltwater lagoons at the foot of the famous salt marsh that undoubtedly attract attention. Its impeccable turquoise transparency contrasted with the salts white makes this landscape surrounded by mountains undoubtedly one of the most beautiful regions. The high salinity in the waters makes the human body float, and bathing is allowed in the first and last lagoon. The place has showers to remove the salt after bathing.
- Piedras Rojas: Discover Piedras Rojas, which is a reddish landscape surrounded by lagoons in the highlands of Chile. You will visit the Salar de Atacama and lakes located more than 4,000 meters above sea level. After meeting in the center of San Pedro de Atacama, we will go to the Atacama desert, specifically to the Chaxa lagoon, a scene of spectacular beauty that is divided into several water bodies and where we can see flamingos. Next, we will take you to the Piedras Rojas viewpoint, one of Chile's most amazing places. The oxidation of the altiplano's rocks has created a reddish environment that seems to have come from the imagination—a unique landscape in the world. When you will leave the corner behind and head towards the Miscanti and Miñiques lagoons, a blue oasis in the middle of an extensive arid plain in the Chilean highlands, then have to walk along the banks of these twin lagoons and on the spit of land that separates them. It's a relic of an eruption of the Miñiques volcano that rises next to them. The last stage of the tour will take us to Toconao, an indigenous town with characteristic white buildings. During our visit, you will learn about the history and traditions of the to conures, and we will discover the church of San Lucas and its bell tower, which date from the 18th century and have been declared national monuments. The excursion ends back in San Pedro de Atacama.
- Volcán Láscar: The Láscar volcano corresponds to a compound stratovolcano, elongated in an east-west direction, active for about 240 ka, and located on the high plateau's west margin. It is made up of andesitic lavas, which reach more than 10 km in length, and powerful dacitic lavas extend up to 5 km, emitted from the NW to SW flanks. The most recent lava is estimated to be 7,000 years old. In the volcano's surroundings, deposits of flow and pyroclastic fall are recognized, as well as numerous impact craters associated with the ejection of bombs during Plinian and sub-Plinian eruptions. During its evolution, the main eruptive event is called Ignimbrite Suncor, generated about 27,000 years ago to the west of the volcano and with an estimated volume close to 10 square kilometers. There are six craters at the top of this volcano, some nested, and the central one is active. This volcano has presented around 30 explosive eruptions since the 19th century, making it the most active volcano in northern Chile. These events have typically consisted of short-lived Vulcan eruptions, with the emission of fine ash and ballistic projections in a radius of 5 km, where the last event of this type occurred on October 30, 2015. Within this record, the subclinical eruption stands out. From April 19-20, 1993, corresponding to the largest event in northern Chile in historical times. Current activity is characterized by the persistent emission of gases from the central crater, a preponderant magmatic component, and occasional minor explosions of fine ash.
- Licancabur volcano: The Licancabur Volcano is located in San Pedro de Atacama's commune, in the Antofagasta region; it is the most beautiful volcano. The Licancabur Volcano begins in Bolivian territory from Laguna Verde. Still, routes take us to the top of that one and are in the same Chilean scenario with which it shares the environment. The Licancabur Volcano is 5,916 meters high and is part of the Andes Mountains. In this, we can see how it is crowned with snow-capped peaks and see on its slopes the relics of the Inca passage through the area. The Licancabur Volcano, whose name means "high altitude town" in the Atacameño language, is a mountain full of mystery and legends. They say that he has an important value for the Atacameño culture since the deity's role is attributed to him. The pre-Columbian faithful came to pay tribute and communicate on certain dates the different pre-Hispanic establishments found in their territory. Another myth of the imposing Licancabur says that when the Incas people arrived in those territories, fearful of the then active volcano's fury, they decided to make offerings to appease their anger. In this way, the indigenous people built different stone walls on the hill's highest heights where they deposited their tributes and offered prayers to the deity to live in peace within the territory.
- Reserva Nacional de Flamencos: In the town of Toconao, belonging to the commune of San Pedro de Atacama, Antofagasta region, is the Chaxa lagoon, the central point of the Salar de Atacama. This sector is found within the Los Flamencos National Reserve, created on October 17, 1990, by Supreme Decree No. 50 of the Ministry of Agriculture. The reserve stands out to protect species such as the tuco tuco de la puna, culpeo fox, puma, large parina, Chilean flamingo, small parina, vicuña, and guanaco. It also serves as a protection area for vulnerable flora, highlighting the presence of tamarugos and carob trees. This reserve has also implemented a unique model of participatory management of the unit in the country. Atacameño indigenous communities have established associations for more than ten years to implement ecotourism projects and Conaf Antofagasta. In this case, the Chaxa lagoon area is administered in conjunction with the Atacameña de Toconao Indigenous Community. It has an interpretive path where you can learn about interesting aspects of the great Salar de Atacama.
- Laguna Chaxa: The Chaxa Lagoon often serves visitors as an introduction to the salt flats. The ground is a crust of edible salt, and in the morning, it looks like a pink light looking from the horizon when the sun rises. The crystalline soil is fascinating and curious; wild flamingos are often in the area. The flamingos' presence should come as no surprise as the Chaxa Lagoon is one of the easiest entry points to the Los Flamencos National Reserve in Chile and a great spot for photographers with good reflections (and zoom as birds often keep their distance). When the pinkish light dissipates, and the air warms, the birds take flight over the lake. Three different species reside here: the Chilean, Andean, and James's flamingos. A variety of exotic and seasonal birds can also be seen here, such as the Andean avocet, the puna plover, and a type of wagtail, a small bird with a long beak that feeds on tiny organisms mineral-rich water.
Exploring any city or country will help you know it in every possible way, and it is also very fun. The San Pedro de Atacama is very famous among tourists, especially among couples who come there to spend some quality time with each other. The Atacama is renowned for its fabulous views of the cosmos, and visitors come here in large numbers every year. You can visit many places here, like rainbow valleys, laguna miscreants, laguna miniques, and many such stunning places. There are some places in the city where you must visit on your trip to the town.
San Pedro de Atacama has so many city parks to visit and see their glorious beauty. The gardens of this city are famous for their light stroll, picnics with family members, and they also provide a large green space and playground for children to play. Fountains in the middle of parks add beauty to the parks, birds chirping, kid's playings, ancient monuments, and people to enjoy evenings to attract city parks. The best thing about the city park is that it has a vast land dedicated to greenery. There are also separate walking tracks in city parks for the people visiting this place for morning and evening walks. Apart from enjoyment, these city parks provide many health benefits also. It would be best if you saw these parks which are mentioned below.
- Plaza de San Pedro de Atacama
- Tumisa Park
- Ecoplaza Alto Mirador
- Skate Park
- Plaza de Toconao
There is so much to see in San Pedro de Atacama, from natural reservations to ghastly surface. National parks are the city's main attraction, as there are many to explore and add to your list. Chile has always been famous for its precious and gorgeous natural resources, and therefore it has a wonderful collection of natural parks. Some of the best national parks are spread across the country; many are also located in San Pedro de Atacama. They help us keep our air clean and clear and home to many extinct birds and animals. Also helpful in creating a cornerstone of protecting biodiversity in a particular nation, some of this beautiful city's famous national parks are listed below.
- Bosque Viejo National Park
- El Tambillo National Park
- Los Flamencos National Reserve
- Llanos de Challe National Park
Beaches are one of San Pedro de Atacama's most beautiful places because every corner of this city is amazing and beautiful. It is hard to pick the best beach as these entire beaches offer some of the best views and pristine water along the coast. Here you can enjoy glorious pink and orange sunsets over crystal blue oceans; this spectacular view serves as an excellent location for sunbathing also. There are many benefits to visiting the beaches, as they can help you relax your mind and body through the sound of waves. You can play so many water games here, such as volleyball, disc throw, and water sports like snorkeling, windsurfing, and other such sports. You can enjoy different cuisine and drinks from stalls and bars available for your enjoyment and refreshment.
- Bahia Inglesa Beach
- Playa la Virgen Beach
- Pan de Azucar Beach
- Valparaiso Beach
San Pedro de Atacama has so many beautiful places to visit still, landmarks of this stunning city attract many tourists. You can see so many beautiful and ancient monuments, parks, and other such tourist attraction landmarks. These landmarks add revenue for the city and are also emotionally connected to the locals, as many cultural festivals and ceremonies take place in these landmarks. Many local people also visit to see these attractive landmarks, and they also help reach the destination quickly and easily—some of the landmarks which attract many tourists.
- Iglesia San Pedro
- Mars Valley / Death Valley
- Valle de Marte
- Mirador de Kari-Piedra del Coyote
San Pedro de Atacama has seen so many artists' invasion, which makes it extremely culturally rich. The charge of many artists is why it has numerous museums that showcase the talents of the artists. Museums of the city are always open for the public to gain knowledge about the city and country. Here you will see many museums that include an art museum, a science museum, the cultural museum that tells about the city's culture and town, and children museums are also there to learn from the arts.
- Museo del Meterorito
- Alma Observatory
- San Pedro de Atacama Celestial Explorations
- Atacama Observatory
There is a chain of restaurants which are by far the most popular ones in San Pedro de Atacama. Many hotels and restaurants here serve traditional dishes you must visit them and try at least one. They are affordable and carries a variety of typical Chilean dishes. Some restaurants offer a quiet and secluded atmosphere, along with excellent food and competitive prices for beer.
Traditional Local Restaurants
- La Estaka
- La Casona
- Al Tiro
- Pizzeria Italiana
Vegetarian and Vegan
- Todo Natural
- Estrella Negra
- Cafe Adobe
- llama meat
- Papas Andinas
Tap- water of San Pedro de Atacama is safe for drinking compared to other countries. Here you can drink the tap water gushing from the taps and some natural fountains. You can not drink the tap water in some cities or towns, even you can not clean your teeth, but this is not the case in this city. Here you can refill your water, and there is no need to carry extra water or buy packaged drinking water. Tap water has many uses, and it all depends on the quality of the water; exploring cities will help you gain knowledge about the same. Thus, local people put effort into ensuring that the water is always clean and safe.
There are many organic cafes in San Pedro de Atacama, where you can enjoy many organic drinks and foods. Organic foods are grown without any artificial nutrients, pesticides, or other chemicals. Eating organic foods and drinking organic drinks is very beneficial for your health and has a widespread trend. There are many cafes in the city that cater especially organic foods and beverages. Below given is the list of some organic restaurants in the city.
- Cafe Ckapin
- Emporio Andino
- Barros Cafe
There are zero rules and regulations on the number of drinks a person can take. Some local people say that it is not a complete visit to any local house if you have not been offered a drink. It is safe to take many breweries and distilleries in the city, offering numerous safe beverages. You can add breweries and distilleries to your to-do list while visiting this stunning city, either with your family or loved ones.
- Cervecería St. Peter
It is a town; therefore, all the activities presented here are limited, but that doesn't mean it will be boring after some time. These activities are fantastic and include the experience of various things. Mountaineering is an activity you can perform in this town as it has huge mountains. Other activities also involve rock climbing in which you have to climb huge rocks, while you are sustained with a strong rope to avoid falling. There are beaches in this city where you can try water sports such as water surfing. There are rental shops available with gears required in various sports; these gears are available for rent.
Yoga and Retreats
There are various yoga and retreat studios available in this city. Yoga helps a person to remain fit and reduces stress as well as lowers the rate of depression. You can take the help of an expert by joining any yoga center. Other than this, you can also perform yoga in the parks between nature.
- Kimal Relax
- Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga/AtacamaExcursiones
- Alma Soul
- Anahat Atacama
- Muhu Yoga Para La Infancia
There are many different types of accommodation options available in this town. These accommodation options' prices depend on the facilities you want. For premium facilities, you have resorts that offer a luxurious lifestyle. Other than this, different accommodation options offer various facilities at additional cost.
Green hotels are the hotels that are certified by the government. They are excellent in providing comfort to their customers without disturbing nature. These hotels are best as they give a lot of organic dishes which are beneficial for health. Along with this, green hotels are best in conserving nature because they offer herbal cosmetics that are good for the skin.
- The Green House Atacama
- Hotel Cumbres San Pedro de Atacama
- Tierra Atacama Hotel
- Diego de Almagro
- Hotel Poblado Kimal
Hostels and Guest Houses
Hostels are rooms that are shared by two or more persons. It is the best type of accommodation when you are traveling alone. Hostels offer basic facilities at a very low cost. However, you must be careful with your belongings because your roommate might be a thief or a robber.
- Hostal Sonchek
- Hostal Casa Huéspedes Turipite
- Hostal Pueblo de Tierra
- Hostal La Casa Del Sol Naciente
- Hostal Candelaria
Apartments are best in providing privacy as you have your own flat and there is no one to disturb you. This accommodation is best when you are traveling with your friends or family for a longer time. Guards and cameras highly secure apartments; therefore, there is no worry of any mishappening. There are other facilities that the condo offers, including a parking area, kids play area, garden, sometimes a playground, GYM, and yoga studio.
- Rent a House San Pedro
- Cabañas Doña Juanita
- Cabañas Viña Atacama
- Cabañas Feledi
- Cabañas Dunas de Solor
Couchsurfing involves staying at any local's house without paying him. Instead of paying them, you can help them in their daily work or help maintain their home. Not many people in this town are ready for CouchSurfing, and there are only 386 registered hosts. Couchsurfing is not a reliable accommodation option as sometimes the host can cancel the meeting anytime. The crime rates of this city are low, which states that Couchsurfing is possible in this town.
Camping involves staying in a tent between natures on open grounds. There are beaches which allow camping in this town. However, camping can be boring after a week. It would help if you did not camp in bad weather as it can create issues for you.
- Camping Quilarcay
- Camping Taka Taka
- Camping Los Chañares
- Domos Los Abuelos
- Camping Establecido
- Domos Los Abuelos
How to Get There
There is an airport in this town which helps tourists to reach this town. Other ways are best to travel from Chile. This town is present at a high altitude; therefore, it does not have much transportation. You can reach here indirectly by landing in Chile then taking a bus.
San Pedro De Atacama Airport is the airport present in this city. This airport is current at a very high altitude, and its elevation is more than 7000 meters. This airport is not connected with all the cities of other countries. Therefore, you have to take an indirect flight to the nearest city whose aviation networks are well spread.
There is no international bus facility available in this town. However, you can travel to this town by several intercity buses which are available in this city. These intercity provide enough comfort to their customers. These intercity buses can be booked online using an online app
There are no train traces found in this town; therefore, you can not travel through them. The reason might be because of the population and the area. Building a train will be very congesting, and it will not generate the desired revenue. The buses have gained so much popularity that even if trains are introduced people will prefer buses.
Hitchhiking is possible to reach this town. However, few people go here by driving their car; therefore, this process can take a lot of time. Else to this, the crime rates are moderate in this city; consequently, it is easy to hitchhike. You must try this type of travel when you have a lot of time with you.
Other ways to reach here is only by driving or a cab. However, these ways will create a lot of pollution in this town. These ways are also very costly, and sometimes the taxi driver can even scam you by charging extra. Therefore, you must use these ways only in the case of an emergency.
It is a small town; therefore, moving around in this city is not a big problem. This city does not have many transportation options, but those which are present are enough. However, you can walk or cycle as these are the best activities and most economical ways to move around. It is a safe town with not so much crime.
Walking in this city is safe even at night as there are no violent crimes in past years. You can cover a lot of tourist places by walking. Walking helps a person to remain fit and healthy. Even there are parks which can be used for morning or evening walks.
There are bicycles which are available for rent based on hours. This area has a lot of sand and terrains where you can bicycle. If you stay for a longer time, you can even purchase your cycle at any second-hand bicycle shop at a low cost. These bicycles are best to move around, and even there are hills and slopes where you can cycle.
Electronic vehicles are best for reducing pollution. They do not require high maintenance. There is no sign of any electric cars in this city because the locals cannot afford them. Otherwise, these vehicles do not emit smoke, which may cause air pollution.
Public buses are roaming around this city, which covers all the tourist spots. These buses charges based on the distance you are traveling. While paying, you must have the exact change with you, and you won't get the difference in return. Public buses have fixed routes; therefore, it can take more time than you expected.
Tram, Train and Subway
There is no train, tram, or subway available in this town. The population of this town is very low; therefore, there was no need to build this. This town's area was very low, and buses are enough for the public to serve as transportation means. The government won't even get the revenue they are desiring.
Sustainable shopping involves shopping for those products which are beneficial for health as well as the environment. These products des does not involve wastage of raw material and natural resources. They are made by hands and involves less use of machine work. These products generally cost lesser than normal yields.
- Eca Supermarket
- Minimarket Selena
- Minimarket Canaan
- Vicente supermercado
- Almacén Karlita
There are no flea markets available in this town. It is a very small town in which there are many grocery stores. Even the flea market consumes a lot of lands; therefore, there is no such market. Grocery stores have the replaced flea markets.
Second Hand Stores
- Librería del Desierto
- Colque tours
- Turismo Mitampi
- Feria Artesanal San Pedro de Atacama
There are few recycling centers available in this town. Recycling helps us in various ways, such as it prevents a lot of lands needed to dump. Others recycle any element that does not require any raw material, and even natural resources are eliminated. Recycling means re-using any product. These products cost lesser than the normal development.
Waste management of this town is efficient enough to make this city clean. Therefore, this town is very clean. The locals collectively dump their waste, and from there, the waste management team treats it using the incineration method. As a responsible tourist, you must not create waste and always use a dustbin to dump. The credits for the cleanliness of this city go to the locals and the waste management team.
Work and Study Abroad
There is not much work as it is a small town. However, you can establish your own business as a vendor of anything or even have your café. Else you can be a waiter, sales executive in cafes, bars, or restaurant in this town. There are not many institutions in this town, but those present are good.
The exchange student program is where a student from a particular college is sent abroad to complete the remaining degree. It is a free program in which the college will give all the cost. You only have to pay the charges of accommodation and living. This program helps a student to become self-confident. There is no such university in this town.
An au pair is a person who stays with the locals and takes care of their child, and in exchange, the local family provides shelter and food. This work does not involve any deal of funds. This type of work is not available in this city. It is because most families living here have their family business in which wives are not involved.
There are only a few of the organizations available in this town. Volunteering means your work is out of your own will or hobby, and you cannot charge for volunteering. However, those present in this town do not have any contact information or online traces; therefore, it is very difficult to trace them. These organizations are famous among the locals, so you can ask the locals and join those.