Sharm el Sheikh
Eco-friendly travel guide to Sharm el Sheikh advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt.
- Air quality: 4.5 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 3.1 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 3.3 / 5
- Public transportation: 4.4 / 5
- Parks: 3.3 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 3.9 / 5
- Locals' English level: 4.6 / 5
- Safety: 3.5 / 5
- Accommodation: US$42 - $150
- Budget per day: US$180 - $600
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Traveling responsibly while in Sharm el Sheikh will boost both the growth and expansion of this specific city. Walking minimizes the carbon footprint being emitted in the air, thus benefiting both your health and the environment's sustainability. You also get to interact with the people and attraction sites within the city. You can also use public transport to minimize the congestion of vehicles at the CBD. Minibusses necessitate traveling in groups; thus, many people can move within the city over a short period. The prices are also quite reasonable.
You tend to get the best experiences while in Sharm el-sheik when you:
o Embrace the use of public transport more often.
o Disposing of waste in stipulated points.
o Mostly walking
o Enjoying the local delicacies the city has to offer
o Appreciating the diverse culture
Air Quality and Pollution
Air quality in Sharm el Sheikh is very high, with ratings of up to 91%. In terms of air pollution, there are times when pollution levels pass the accepted levels. At such times people are required to wear masks when outdoors, close windows to avoid incoming polluted air, and even acquire air purifiers if possible. However, most of the time, the air quality is usually outstanding here in Sharm el-sheik.
Respect the Culture
Ancient Egypt is considered to be one of the pioneers of civilization in Africa and the Middle East. Arabic has been considered to be the country's official language. The total population of Egypt is comprised mainly of Muslims. Christians and other religions occupy the latter smaller percentage. Al-Azhar University, one of the oldest universities globally, which is still operational, greatly influenced Egypt's religion. It was constructed for purposes of religious studies and works.
In terms of art, Egyptians are thought to be among the pioneers to code its elements. All paintings that were done in remembrance of Pharaohs adhered to stipulated regulations which relayed specific meanings. Artists are believed to have been formulating images concerning their knowledge of the object rather than its appearance. The use of tiered space was applied to relay the distance of an object in paintings. Distant objects were usually drawn above items near on the same scale with no overlapping.
Western cultures usually influence Egyptian music. In the early centuries, Egyptians were believed to be playing harps and flutes. These instruments were backed by two other indigenous ones known as the ney and the oud. Abdul Hamuli, Almaz, Sayed Mikkawi, and Mahmud Osman are believed to be the pioneers who inspired Egyptian music to what it is today. Pop culture is now widely embraced by most of the youth population in Egypt, especially Egyptian pop music. Egyptian folk music has also risen in popularity as it is being played in events and ceremonies. Some of the most prominent Egyptian pop artists are Mohamed Mounir, Ali El Haggar, Amr Diab, and Tamer Hosny.
Top 10 Places to Visit
• Naama Bay. It is one of the best natural bays found in Sharm El Sheikh. Various restaurants, bars, and hotels surround this magnificent bay. You can find many souvenir shops down by the beach on this bay.
• Nabq Nature Reserve. It is one of the protected areas in South Sinai. The Prime Ministerial Decree engineered the establishment of this reserve. It is best suited for swimming and kayaking with mangrove trees towering over. it is also equipped with Eco-lodges to suit those who enjoy diving and snorkeling.
• Mount Sinai. Traditionally referred to as Jabal Mousa, is located in the Sinai Peninsula. It is believed to be the mountain mentioned in the bible where Moses was handed the Ten Commandments.
• The Heavenly Cathedral. The breathtaking architectural design of this church, coupled up with multiple paintings and glass pictures on the walls and ceiling makes it one of the best attraction sites in Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt. It is open to the public as everyone is allowed to attend services held in the church. Decency is highly upheld at this cathedral hence any tourist wanting to visit the church is advised to dress appropriately. For those who prefer putting on shorts, do come with a cover if you want to visit the church.
• Saint Catherine's Monastery. This orthodox monastery is considered one of the oldest Christian monasteries worldwide and is found at the foot of Mount Sinai. It is believed to be the exact location where Moses was approached by God in a burning bush. It is named after Catherine of Alexandria as it is where Saint Catherine's relics are entombed. It boasts of having the second largest collection of illuminated manuscripts with the Vatican having the largest.
• Mustafa Mosque. It is characterized by double minarets which are 72 meters high coupled with a single mammoth dome. Magnificently carved slabs made of marbles are located in the middle of the mosque. Having been commissioned in 2007, around 3500 worshippers can converge comfortably in this mosque.
• Pacha Sharm el Sheikh. This club adjacent to an amazing sandy beach dotted with multiple restaurants where you can enjoy tasty delicacies. The sound and lighting features are a plus. This night club is regarded as one of the best in the world.
• Sinai Grand Casino. It began its operations in 2008. Events such as dancing are usually held at this casino every single night. The staff is friendly and professional in their interactions with customers. You are advised to come with dollars when coming to this casino as Egyptian money is not accepted here.
• Ghibli Raceway. Here, you get a chance to race your adrenaline down the track as various racing events are usually held here. The staff is usually friendly and professional in their work. You get to have a family fun time while at this raceway.
• Old Town. Is one of the best places where you can buy Egyptian artifacts and souvenirs. Multiple shops and restaurants are within walking distance from this market. The Al-sahaba mosque towers above this market with the night lights creating a beautiful ambiance at this market. Fruits and drinks are also available.
The name Sharm el Sheikh means the Bay of the Sheikh. It is usually referred to as the City of Peace as many international peace conferences have been hosted here.
• Cleo Park. Multiple games are available at this park and can be enjoyed by everyone. There are a restaurant and café in the park selling pizza and coffee starting from $3 (45 Egp) and $2 (30 Egp) respectively. The entry fees are reasonable as locals pay 200 Egp while visitors pay $30.
• Safari Sharm El-Sheikh. Here, you get a chance to have an enjoyable experience riding on a camel. You also get a chance to enjoy speeding down the Sinai desert on a motorbike. Various statues located inside the park together with the breathtaking view of the sunrise complete this safari park.
• Ras Mohamed Nature Reserve. It is located at the furthest south of the Sinai Peninsula. It is bordered by the Gulf of Suez to the west and the Gulf of Aqaba to the east. Here, you will get a chance to be wowed by the colorful corals and rare fish species.
• Peace Square. UNESCO considers this particular place as an international center for peace. Youth conferences are usually hosted here on an annual basis. This monument was built to commemorate the passengers on board a Russian airplane that crashed after taking off from Sharm El-Sheikh
• El Fanar Beach. You get to enjoy beautiful sceneries at this beach together with friendly interactions with the staff. The fees charged here are usually reasonable. You also get a chance to snorkel and enjoy the magnificent view of the coral reefs and schools of fishes swimming by. The water tends to be very clear in the morning thus the view is more detailed at this time. You get to enjoy tasty delicacies brought to your sunbed by the waiters. The lounge music which plays on throughout is an added advantage.
• Ra's Nasrani. Here, you get to enjoy professional snorkeling experiences right from shore. The surface current will gently carry you along the reef in the early afternoons. You also get to enjoy the amazing view of the coral reef. At this beach, you can snorkel either from a boat or nearby hotels.
• Adrenaline beach. Here, you get to amazing foods and beverages coupled up with breathtaking views. Also, you do get a chance to enjoy the various water sports on offer with new ones being introduced. This beach also doubles as a fantastic camping site. Privacy is guaranteed on this beach.
• Viva beach & restaurant. Here, you get to interact with friendly staff who will help you around the beach. People who come here are also very friendly and you will get a chance to appreciate this beautiful city. Various activities are available at this beach at reasonable prices and even at some point, negotiable. Such activities include submarine and glass boat rides.
• Shark's Bay. At this waterfront, you get to capture beautiful pictures that you can take back home when you return. It is one of the most famous landmarks in Sharm el Sheikh. Various beaches are close by.
• Naama bay. Here, you get to enjoy the scenic views accompanied by relaxing water sounds here. The distance from this famous landmark to Sharm El Sheikh is 23.3 kilometers.
• SOHO Square. This is a haven for those tourists who love shopping. You will get various commodities here and at reasonable prices. The nice beaches surrounding this area bring in a relaxing sensation.
• King Tut Museum. This museum was named after Tutankhamu. The museum is found in the sharm inside the shopping center known as Genena mall. One can view the images of the replica of the Cairo Museum. There is also a Russian audio escort.
• Sharm Museum. Some Beautiful scrolls can be bought at a cheaper price when you have good negotiation skills. Also, you get a chance to differentiate authentic papyrus from the banana skill.
• St Catherine Shop. It is located at the fore of Palmyra's three corners. The authenticity of Christian Art makes them loveable. The shop sells wonderful books and souvenirs for friends and family at a cheaper cost.
• El Zeyad Papyrus. This is a lovely traditional gift shop with lots of souvenirs and also fruits, sweets and, spices which are for sale.
You get a chance to enjoy the various delicacies that are on offer here in this city.do find time to visit restaurants within the city to enjoy both traditional and international delicacies on offer.
Traditional Local Restaurants
• Fares Traditional Restaurant. This restaurant mainly sells fresh fish and other seafood prepared by the local chefs when compared to others in the Old Market. Also, you get a chance to enjoy grilled shrimps, boiled oysters, grilled perch, and fresh fruits. Alcohol is not allowed on the premises.
• The Queen Vic. This is a traditional local bar for Britons where English speakers feel comfortable due to the design and environment created here. Also, soccer matches are shown on television during the English football period. The bar sells different kinds of beers, wines, and non-alcoholic beverages. Prices usually start from $2.
• Mandarin Bistro. This is a restaurant specifically for cuisines such as Chinese, Indian, Asian, Thai, and Egyptian. It is suitable for people who prefer vegetables and also contain both vegan and gluten-free options. Amenities that you will get to enjoy here include free internet connection, table service, and take-outs.
• Rosmarino Fine. This restaurant offers Italian cuisines. One can also enjoy other food varieties. The beauty and relaxation that comes with this Italian restaurant make it ideal for both couples and families and even friends having a good time.
• L Entrecote Steakhouse. This restaurant offers French cuisines. Also, it has excellent beef from America, Australia, and Japan. The beef is prepared on an open grill to suit your preference and choice. It is then served with steak butter or unique sauces known by chefs. The balcony and spacious booth seating, with the widest wine selection in Sinai, is a plus.
Vegetarian and Vegan
• Boharat restaurant offers Egyptian cuisines usually prepared by qualified Chefs. The price usually ranges between $2 and $4. The restaurant provides a variety of cuisines from different parts of the world including the Mediterranean and the Middle East. It is also suitable for people who prefer vegetables over meat as vegan options are also available. The restaurant has a free internet connection, a pub that sells alcohol, wine, and beer. Customers tend to enjoy digital payment and table service.
• Fleur De Lis. It serves special diets and suitable for consumers who prefer vegetables over meat. It has free network connectivity, sells alcohol, and has a wonderful night sea view with nice and courteous staff.
• Casa Mia. This restaurant also serves Italian cuisines. The kinds of pasta and pizza sold here are locally made. Other cuisines on offer include the Mediterranean and Europe. It has both vegan and gluten-free options and suitable for consumers who prefer vegetables over meat. It has a complete pub that sells alcohol.
The streets of Sharm el Sheikh is dotted with many stalls and cafes where the natives eat. Kebabs and felafels are the two most common street foods in Sharm.
Alcohol such as beer is sold in restaurants and cafes across the streets. Alcoholic drinks that are being bought by travelers in pubs and cafes are now being taxed. Generally, the cost of drinks here is somewhat has higher than in other European destinations. You are advised to look at the drink menu before placing an order.
Some of the most famous spots where you get to enjoy your drinks are:
o Black House is thought to be owned by Russians.
o Bus Stop located in Naama bay.
o Hard Rock Café is located in Naama bay.
o Little Buddha is located in Naama bay. Here, you get to enjoy good music and cocktails.
o Ministry of Sound Red Sea which is located in Sanafir hotel.
o The Pacha club is located in Naama bay. It is considered one of the most popular dancing clubs.
o TGI Fridays located in Naama bay.
o Space Sharm El Sheikh which is adjacent to Naama Heights Hotel. It is considered as the best night club in the Middle East.
Most of the tap water is usually ready for consumption. The cost of bottled water usually starts from $0.4. It is advisable to treat the tap water before use because the water might be polluted while at the waste treatment plant. It is also advisable to ask natives or hotel personnel the quality of water before use. It is good to note that water mineral composition varies from city to city.
• Safsafa. It is located in Naama Bay. This is presumably one of the nicest cafes in the area. It is a place of its kind where grilled Calmaras are so wonderful. The lobster inside the mixed seafood platter is free from moisture.
• Tempo Cafe. It has a few natives. The café attendants are dressed in unique orange-and-green uniforms. The waterpipes available are a plus.
Bars are the most common sightings in Sharm el Sheikh other than breweries where none has been mentioned so far. The most common drink sold in bars in Soho Square is the Queen Vic which is sold at LE25 and LE30. For Naama bay, you get to enjoy drinks such as Stella of Luxor and Sakara which is sold between LE16-LE18 per bottle. Heineken that is sold here is usually brewed by the same industry brewing Stella locally. Beers are also sold at local beer shops and they include Sphinx, Goldberg, and Castello.
There are many things to do while in Sharm el Sheikh, from visiting the various attraction sites, national and city parks within the city to interacting with people, and diverse cultures within the city. You also get a chance to have fun and expand your knowledge about Sharm el Sheikh, one of the great cities of Egypt. You even get a chance to nourish yourself spiritually as you get to the places where biblical events took place in the bible such as Mount Sinai. Antique shops are a plus as you get an opportunity to buy souvenirs to take home when you return. You can also visit the various restaurants to get a taste of the tasty delicacies this city has to offer.
Yoga and Retreats
Omkara Yoga School. It is located in Sharm el Sheikh. You are guaranteed of learning various teaching techniques, yogic lifestyle, gaining confidence, and even having a good time with your pals here at this retreat. You are advised to email the school to get more information.
The most popular place to get accommodation in Sharm el Sheikh is the Charmillion Club Aquapark. There are those apartments where breakfast that has reached world-class standards has been included. Such apartments include Rixos Sharm el Sheikh, Four Seasons Resort Sharm el Sheikh, and SBS SHARM. The estimated price one is expected to pay per night on these apartments is averagely $97.
Other places where you can get accommodation in Sharm el Sheikh are:
o Sunrise Arabian Beach Resort
o Xperience Kiroseiz Parkland
o Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa
o Baron Resort
• Falcon Hills. Here, you do get to enjoy the excellent room service that the hotel has to offer. The various amenities that you get to enjoy at this hotel include pool games and live shows that are taking place between 3 pm to 5 pm daily. The rooms are relatively clean and are fitted with air conditioning thermostats that are remotely controlled. The rooms are also fitted with a satellite TV.
• Fayrouz Resort. It has both a beach pub and a hotel where you get to enjoy and relax. It offers parking space at no charges and a buffet breakfast at no cost. The price for a single room is $53 per night. You are advised to book a room at the hotel between 2 pm and 8 pm. Checking out is usually at noon the next day. You are picked from the airport at no extra cost. You also get to enjoy a free internet connection to your room. Pets are usually not allowed.
• Sharm Dreams Resort. Here, you get to enjoy many recreational activities with the water park being a plus. You also get to enjoy free ample parking, not forgetting an English breakfast at no cost. One room per night goes for $73. Amenities that you get to enjoy at this hotel include a swimming pool, gym, air conditioning, private beaches, 4 restaurants, and 4 poolside pubs. Housekeeping is usually done every single day.
• Sunrise Arabian Beach Resort. This is the best quality beachfront recreational facility that has a free buffet breakfast, and a spa. It is located near Shark's Bay. You also get to enjoy a free internet connection with free ample parking being a plus. One room per night goes for $179. Amenities that you get to enjoy here include a gym, a non-smoking atmosphere, and air conditioning. Housekeeping is done regularly. The beach contains eight restaurants, eight pubs, four outdoor pools, and one indoor pool.
• Novotel. It is located in Naama Bay. Amenities that you get to enjoy here include ample parking, swimming pool, free internet connection, gym, free airport pick up, and air conditioning. Housekeeping is done regularly and pets are also allowed at this hotel. One room per night goes for $40. Other features include a private beach, a marina that has two poolside pubs, four outdoor swimming pools, and four restaurants.
• Jaz Mirabel Resort. It is located around Nabq Bay. Amenities that you get to enjoy here include free internet connection, parking space at no fee, free English breakfast, pool, gym, and air conditioning. One room per night goes for $104. Also, the resort has two poolside pubs, five restaurants, a completely serviced spa, and six pools located outside.
• Sheikh Ali Resort. This is a hotel located in St. Catherine. It has an outdoor restaurant and a swimming pool. You also get to enjoy a European breakfast, free internet connection, and parking space at no fee. One room per night goes for $90. You will be picked from the airport at no extra charge. Regular housekeeping is done. At the beach, there is a pub with massage rooms being a plus.
Hostels and Guest Houses
• HI Sharm el Sheikh. It has various restaurants with a Mandarin Bistro being a plus. These restaurants include Boharat, El Kababgy, and Rangoli. One can choose to use rental cars to come to the hotel as the charges are usually $20 per day.
• Sinai Gate. It has 32 restaurants located within a short distance. You can use rental cars which usually go for $20 per day.
• Xperience Kiroseiz Parkland. It is located in Naama Bay. To avoid inconvenience, you are advised to book in advance. One room per night goes for $36 coupled with free breakfast.
One of the most common apartments found in Sharm el Sheikh is the Porto Sharm El Sheikh Rentals. You get to enjoy reasonable prices here with the apartment also fitted to suit children.
Amenities that you get to enjoy here are:
o Strong internet connection
o Ample parking
o Outdoor pool
o Kitchens in some rooms
o Fitness center
It is a 17-minute drive from the Sharm El Sheikh International Airport (SSH). You are advised to get in touch with the property management on their website to accurately get the exact rates and availability of the property.
Here in Sharm el Sheikh, couch surfing has been highly embraced by the locals who are usually more than happy to host visitors in their homes. This increases the social aspect associated with tourism. Both locals and travelers can find accommodation while in Sharm el Sheikh through the various sites set up to connect residents of Sharm el Sheikh to the travelers.
• Bedawi Eco Camping Ras Mohamed. Is one of the best camping sites in Sharm el Sheikh. There is that relaxing feeling in the atmosphere as you interact with friendly people inside the camp. The high cleanliness levels and good food in the camp are a plus. This camp is usually open for 12 hours between 9 am to 9 pm every day.
• SinaCamp Ras Mo. This campsite is one of a kind as you get a chance to enjoy snorkeling in the clear waters. Privacy is guaranteed here thus, you get the chance to peacefully enjoy the nightlife by the campfire. amenities that you get to enjoy at this campsite include a kitchen in specific rooms and ample parking.
• Camp Area In Ras Mohamed. This campsite is just adjacent to the beach making it ideal for enjoying swimming. The tasty delicacies here are a plus. For anyone planning to spend the night here, you are advised to seek permission from the military.
How to Get There
Various road networks connect Sharm el Sheikh to other towns and cities within the country. Trains do not reach this great city but water transport and air transport cater to other modes of transport within Sharm el Sheikh. As the city is dotted with many beaches, you get a chance to sail over the Red Sea on boats. The Sharm el Sheikh international airport is the civilian airport serving this city.
It has one international airport that operates flights to and from local and international destinations. Sharm el Sheikh International Airport is the main civilian airport in Sharm el Sheikh. Egypt Air, Turkish Airways, and Pegasus are the most common airlines arriving in Sharm el Sheikh.
One can access Sharm el-Sheikh by driving towards the eastern seashore from Eilat i.e. Israel through Nuweiba and Dahab, or through the Western seashore from Cairo. The buses operate daily on both routes
Trains do not reach Sharm el Sheik. The most common mode of transport is by the road where you can catch a bus to and from Cairo. The total distance is usually 485 kilometers and usually takes seven hours.
Should you get to meet some of the friendly locals while in Sharm el Sheikh or when heading there, you can happily hitch a ride to your destination. You will get a chance to chat on the way making you appreciate the culture and the people in this city even more.
The use of water transport is another form of transport here in Sharm el Sheikh since the town is full of many beaches. You can move to various points within the city and beyond across the Red Sea. The city also has many roads which you can use.
Tourists are advised to use taxis when exploring Sharm el Sheikh as they do have standard prices. You are also advised to book these taxis in advance. You may also choose to use the airport limo as a classy mode of travel where you can agree on the rate.
When you walk around the city you tend to be doing justice to yourself and the environment. You will be exercising while minimizing carbon emissions into the air by cars. You will also get enough time to appreciate the beauty that comes with the city as you will be interacting on a one on one basis with the various landmarks, attraction sites, and people of the city.
The routes designated for cycling are uphill, downhill, or flat. The approximate cycling distance mapped along the 24 cycling routes is 1,006 kilometers.
A project named the EVER Egypt 2019 was commissioned by Dr. Mohamed Ayman Ashour who is the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering at Ain Shams University and Dr. Mahmoud Saqr, who is the President of the Academy of Scientific Research and Technology. This workshop was launched to avail opportunities to young Egyptian engineers to upgrade their creative skills in the design and development of electric vehicles. The main objective of this competition is to fully utilize the graduates from the Faculty of Engineering in various departments with the design, operation, and maintenance of electric vehicles.
The most affordable mode of transport within the city is by bus. You can slow down a bus when you see one and you will be ferried to your destination. Tourists who usually travel in large groups are encouraged to hire minibusses as this would ease their transportation to various attraction sites. It is also more affordable than a normal bus.
Tram, Train and Subway
Currently, there are no trains to the city or within the city. The most common alternative you can use is traveling by bus. Most rail routes within the country end in nearby towns where you can then catch a bus to Sharm el Sheikh.
Artists are getting a chance to showcase their talents and artifacts at various centers and events staged around the city. Both locals and foreigners get a chance to adore and even purchase such pieces to appreciate the culture and also to promote the local economy. Both outstanding and promising artists get a chance to showcase their talents on such platforms.
• The Blue Fountain. It is located behind a mall adjacent to the Carrefour rear exit in Naama bay. It is usually operations during the entire week except for Friday when it is closed.
• Beirut Bay. It is located along Bowling street in Naama bay. It is usually operational between 11:00 am to 2:00 am. Foods sold here are usually dry and is usually sourced from Lebanon to achieve the Lebanese taste. Prices here are quite reasonable.
• Fares Seafood. It is located next to the Horus Mall and Old Market. Here, you get to enjoy various seafood which is fresh from the Red Sea.
• Fawanes Café. It is located in Naama bay. Lebanese cuisines are the main dishes served here with waterpipes being a plus.
• Soho Square. This amazing shopping mall is characterized by superb lighting features, restaurants, stores, a dancing fountain, and an ice-skating hall. It tries to incorporate the western culture but in an Egyptian style. It is easily accessible via public transportation. The live music is a plus.
• The Old Market. Here, you will find multiple stores dealing with the sale of souvenirs, fruits, trinkets, clothing, and herbs. You get a chance to bargain with the vendors, who are very friendly until you arrive at an agreed price. A beautiful mosque towers over the market.
Second Hand Stores
• Simba Gallery. This is an antique store that is located on Soho Square in Sharm el-Sheikh. It is usually open every day for 24 hours from 11:30 in the morning to 11:30 at night.
• St.George souvenirs. This is also an antique store located in Sharm el-Sheikh.
• iMedia Store. This electronic store is usually open throughout the week between two in the afternoon to midnight. The vendors are usually professional and honest offering very reasonable prices. Here, you get amazing deals on smartphone accessories and other electronics.
Other second-hand stores include:
o Modern rent cars
o Africano Magic Lights Shop.
o Town Team.
• Ravin Jeanswear. This clothing store is located along Halomy road in the South Sinai Governorate. The prices presented here are quite reasonable.
• Town Team. It was first commissioned in 1998. The prices here are usually very reasonable with the staff being very friendly. This men's clothing store is one of the most popular Egyptian brands dealing in casual wear.
Accumulation of solid waste is usually a nuisance in any city and Sharm el Sheikh is no exception. The tourist industry is adversely affected by this nuisance resulting in various measured being sought after to eradicate it. A method that was incorporated in the eradication of this nuisance is the waste thermal treatment unit (WTTU) which was subjected to a mathematical simulation. It was then paired with the Thermal vapor compression distillation technology. This resulted in a supply of clean water as the methods used to achieve this were environmental-friendly. Various small communities were also incorporated into this program making them self-sufficient and even led to the creation of employment opportunities. This concept has been in play ever since and has also been introduced in urban areas facing water shortages.
Egypt has put in extensive measures to deal with waste accumulation which is always a nuisance to any city. Various technologies have been put in place to eradicate this nuisance thus, Sharm el Sheikh does not face a significant problem due to waste accumulation.
Work and Study Abroad
Both local and international businesses have set up shop in Sharm el Sheikh. This has in turn created room for growth and expansion of various business opportunities in the country. Expatriates are slowly coming back to the country to rejuvenate the growth of the business which was adversely affected after many countries banned travel to this destination after the terror attack on one of the international airlines some time back. Currently, there are no UN offices in Sharm el Sheikh but plans are underway to set up some here in the city. This was discussed at a UN summit that was held in Nairobi, Kenya some years back.
Both international students and local ones get a chance to study in some of the esteemed learning institutions here in Sharm el Sheikh. The learning institutions found here in Sharm el Sheikh include:
o Sharm college international school
o King Salman International university
Egypt is considered one of the most developed countries in Africa thus domestic workers are usually sought from both within and outside the country. Anyone would feel safe when they get domestic workers who are related to them in some way but even foreigners are welcome and can be absorbed into this system.
Volunteering has always been engineered by the passion and desire to help others. Most organizations that run volunteering programs here in Sharm el Sheikh are non-governmental and this allows any foreigner to chip in with what they have to offer. You however need to liaise with the local authorities for them to assess if you qualify to participate in the various volunteering programs in the city.