Eco-friendly travel guide to Dammam advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Dammam, Saudi Arabia.
- Air quality: 3.1 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 3.1 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 3 / 5
- Public transportation: 3.2 / 5
- Parks: 4.2 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 3.1 / 5
- Locals' English level: 3.2 / 5
- Safety: 4.2 / 5
- Accommodation: US$11 - $500
- Budget per day: US$15 - $280
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Are you a tourist who wants to visit Dammam but as a responsible traveler? If yes, as a traveling enthusiast, there are specific responsibilities that you have in addition to other moral obligations. While visiting the country, you must identify and control your activities accordingly so that you don't cause any harm to the local communities or the environment. • Try to opt for public transports and electronic vehicles like available buses, metro trains, trams, bikes, etc. These vehicles cause comparatively less harm to the environment and are also cost-efficient. • Instead of opting for luxurious 5-star hotels and guesthouses prefer the ones that follow eco-friendly measures like renewable resources, solar electricity, recyclable products, etc. By doing so, you can keep your carbon footprint minimal during your travel. • Also, people prefer buying and using local businesses and artists' services rather than international brands. If you want proper exposure to the local culture, traditions, crafts, and people, the local companies will help you fulfill the needful. • After sustaining the city life, try to visit parks and green spaces that act like an oasis buzzing with energy and gleaming bright green and blue under the harsh sun. Visiting the parks makes you feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
Air Quality and Pollution
Following the planet Health Organization's guidelines, Dammam's air quality is taken into account moderately unsafe. The original recent data indicates the country's annual mean concentration of PM2. 5 is 20 µg/m3, which exceeds the recommended maximum of 10 µg/m3. Before traveling to Dammam, bear in mind the health concerns of youngsters, older people, and other people suffering from breathing problems. Tiny particles called PM2.5 irritate the eyes, nose, and systema respiratorium. Long-term exposure aggravates heart and lung disease. The best times to go to Dammam for ideal weather are November 19th to April 1st, supported average temperature and humidity from NOAA (the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration). If you want to go to Damman during the warmest months, those months are July, August, and June.
Respect the Culture
By 2030, the town of Dammam will be inhabited by almost 1.3 million people, consistent with projections. Damman is the regional capital of the eastern province of Saudi Arabia. It consists of beautiful beaches, islands, several monuments of cultural and historical importance, and several local attractions that are must-see places for tourists. Dammam now has a quickly growing population of around 1.5 million and has established itself as an essential city central to the Saudi economy's growth and progress. Like the rest of the country, the city revels in Saudi Arabian culture, traditions, and cuisine. Dammam may be a holy city and a mostly conservative one, where men and ladies rarely mingle outside of family matters. Visitors are expected to follow cultural rules. These are worth looking into in additional detail before you travel but, generally, dress conservatively (covering arms, legs, and, for women, hair) and avoid controversial subjects (sex, alcohol, or criticism of faith or the country, for example). As in many Middle Eastern cities, the consequences of Arab culture are felt in Dammam dishes. Dishes cooked on wood fire are quite tasty, especially chicken and meat are widely utilized in the menus. People prefer to eat with their hands instead of spoons. Neji Kabsa is quite a favorite food in Dammam, and Yemeni Mandi is usually preferred for lunch.
Top 10 Places to Visit
Dammam, the Eastern Province capital, is home to the human-made Coral Island, beautiful corniches, and more to discover than you'd think. Like the rest of the country, the city bathes in Saudi Arabian culture, traditions, and cuisine. Dammam is well developed and has many exciting places to visit, including the beautiful Dammam corniche area, King Fahd Park, and the famous museums. There are a few entertainment parks in the city and the major one among them is Dolphin Village where you can enjoy live performances of dolphins and many other friendly creatures. Like other big cities in Saudi, Dammam to has big malls for shopping purpose which contains the latest collection of kinds of stuff with ranging prices from brand to brand. After shopping the best place to crash in is street restaurant s which serve family-friendly food.
• DOLPHIN VILLAGE - This amusement park and entertainment village are situated in Coral Island, where house rides, swimming pools, daily sea animal shows, and occasionally a circus are located. The Dolphins and seals will give pleasure to young visitors with their coordination and tricks. The ocean lion and the dolphin are prepared to perform different traps that are energizing to watch, making the fascination extraordinary for the youthful and the old alike. Dolphin Show in Dammam is an absolute necessity to visit desire when in the city with the family.
• ADVENTURE WORLD - No kid does regrets are going to adventures and theme parks. People in Dammam know that amusement parks are a necessity, so they have made this place. The travelers can ride a horse, play in playgrounds, and go for sumptuous dining. The only which you would need is to hire cargo transportation from Saudi Arabia to move your stuff here. Dolphin Village, which is especially full-on special days and holidays, is fun for families with children.
• TARUT CASTLE- Nearly 6 kilometers away from the Persian Gulf the castle of Tarut is located over the Island of Tarut. The history of this place continues back to 5000 BC. Over the Arabian Peninsula, this island is considered the oldest. This island plays an important role in acting as the trade center and an important colony for years now. This place is a significant landmark for Archeologists. The construction of this castle was done over the ruins of ancient civilizations. • DAMMAM MUSEUM - The museum that has been running since the year 1985, has archeological remains from artifacts excavated from Dammam and the area surrounding it. The museum consists of 6 big halls, including a hall where excavated artifacts of Dammam and its surrounding area are kept. The visiting hours over here is from 08:00 to 19:00 on Thursdays and Fridays only. Plan your trip accordingly. • DAMMAM CORNICHE - Located over the Beach of Aziziah in Dammam is the city’s one of the best spots. You can come here for a peaceful morning or evening walk or relax inside cafes situated here. Artworks from modern times are also presented here and strolling for artists become a favorite pastime here. One can head here during the second half of the day when the weather is quite breezy and pleasant. The scenery is mind-blowing with greenery-filled in every nooks and corner. Apart from good scenery they also have parks and Kiosks, especially for children. Local national holidays and ceremonies take place here along with the celebration of many festivals too. • MARJAN ISLAND - This is an artificial island connected by a bridge to the city named Murjan Island which is among the other popular tourist spot in the city. This island can let you have a great time with your loved ones. You can eat the best continental food in both cafes and restaurants. The way to reach this island is either by a ferry or a private boat. The famous spot of this place is the lighthouse which cannot be missed. • OTHAIM MALL - Located in Dammam's heart is an ultra-modern mall with outstanding facilities, the Othaim Mall. Shops that sell local and international brands, fast-food, and gourmet restaurants that serve delicious food, and a massive playground for kids make this place ideal for shoppers. Disney World with different rides and games is an idyllic pastime for kids. There is a vast collection for people to choose from grocery, food products to clothes, and accessories. • KING FAHD PARK - This park is said to be one of the largest in Saudi Arabia where people come to chill and enjoy their weekend with their family and loved ones. The area covered by this park is nearly 1,120 million square meters which consist of a great combination of trees, lakes, short grasses, and amusement parks. The large bird population is very much noticeable inside the park. After enjoying nature and relaxing, you can ride on some of the very exciting rides in the park. The most popular one is the Cobra ride. • SHARE AL HOB SOUK - Walk along the streets and explore the booths filled to the bursting at the seams with clothing, jewelry, and mouth-watering food. While entering, take a deep breath and take a smell of the best spices. Give yourself time and see the variety of fresh produce; you are guaranteed to learn something new and maybe get a unique, foody experience. Share AL Hob Souk is a fantastic place to find raw materials or the ingredients for preparing another homemade meal. Even if you are browsing or just sight-seeing, you will be astonished by all of the beautiful colors and ornate decorations that bejewel both shops and buildings.
• HERITAGE VILLAGE - The high rising fortress of Heritage Village catches your eye when exploring the city of Dammam. Mr. Saad Al Balahi has surprised us with his collection of unique artifacts’ which are properly placed inside this fortress contain five floors. The tourist are allowed to walk in the beautiful room and view all the ancient artifacts such as jewelry, old pictures, ancient weapons, and most importantly the interior design. The traditional way of welcoming guests through the entrance hall is a thing to notice.
One of the Arabian Peninsula's oldest settlements is among the country's important cities with its historical buildings, city parks, and museums. Dammam provides the perfect adrenaline-inducing activities, long days at the beach, fine dining, and busy souks. Though this city might get missed in favor of larger, more beautiful cities, like Riyadh or nearby Doha, The people who are passionate about traveling will never drop down the opportunity to get all the way through Dammam. The stunning desert will be a surprising element for visitors and when it comes to eateries you would be offered a bunch of fines dines and after the food, you can go around shopping in the raw streets of Dammam. After getting tired of traveling you can head over to the beautiful parks of Dammam which are always green.
• KING ABDULLAH PARK - Within the coastal region of Dammam the Khan Abdullah Park is found, this area is also one of the hottest in town. The unique design of this park gives us knowledge about the fashionable side of the city. The extra mesmerizing landscape, green areas, restaurants, cleaned up streets, theatres, colorful flowers, and magnificent fountains make this place even more likely to be visited. This park can be checked out while your visit to Corniche. Various festivals too are hosted in this park every year. • KING FAHD PARK - The King Fahd Park is a major tourist attraction in the middle of Dhahran and Dammam. The eastern region of Saudi Arabia has this major park in it. The water surpassing from over different spots makes the place look even merrier during sunsets. Here, many cafes and restaurants are located along with artificial lakes for you to have a chill time with your partner or family. The major population of the city heads over to this place as a source of fun. A park for children is also made up of including few interesting rides such as horror tunnels, speed trains, and a few other stalls for toys.
There are no major national parks in Dammam, Saudi Arabia.
• THE HALF MOON BAY - Half Moon Bay is the hottest beach within the area with pristine, white sand. The half-circled bay is understood as clean and well-kept because the government has invested in resources to keep it clean and tidy. Divers can enjoy the synthetic reef, where there's an abundance of aquatic life to explore. It is situated off the bay's shores is a human-made reef, which was constructed for diving explorations. If you favor activities above water level, there's also a funfair beside the beach that provides a much-needed escape from the sun and sand. There are various exciting activities available for everybody within the family like sunbathing, swimming, rides during a dune buggy, funfair, kids play area. There also are bathrooms, lockers, and showers available for visitors.
• CORAL ISLAND - Located on Corniche Road, Coral Island may be a perfect fishing spot in Dammam. Fishing enthusiasts will love this place because the Island is teeming with small- to medium. Al-Marjan Island, also known as Coral Island, on Dammam Corniche is home to one of the largest entertainment zones, offering amusement rides, a swimming pool, daily dolphin and seal shows, and a circus during Eid vacations and national events. Children will love seeing the animals in the shows, so make sure you allow a day to make them take the most advantage of the place. The Island is also a beautiful place to watch the sunset over the bay.
• DAMMAM CORNICHE - Stretching from Aziziah Beach to Tarot Island, Dammam Corniche is a superb seafront place to enjoy the town's cultural and historical sights. The luxurious green grass and delightful views of the panoramic cityscape bring an excellent relaxation spot, especially within the evenings. Some private clubs provide various water sports and recreational activities to tourists.
• TAROT ISLAND AND OLD TOWN - This place is the best and most stunning example of the archaeological landmark located at Tarot Island's center for the past 5000 years ago. Tarot's Island has an immense amount of history attached to it, and the old look of the site is truly breathtaking. The castle features a conventional architectural style that one should visit if they are interested in history and ancient places.
• Waterfront Corniche Dammam is a real electrical outlet for countless trekkers from the region's populace or site visitors from cities and surrounding nations for being tourist landmark landmarks eastern part, which is landscaping exterior of 4 kilometers. It covers a land waterside landscape design and hand trees, shrubs, flowers, umbrellas, and chairs dispersed throughout the waterfront.
• KINGS FOUNTAIN - The Kings Water fountain is a top view to see while in Dammam. The water fountain is over 800 feet high and is the tallest water fountain on the planet. The fountain is mostly seen during the night when the lights are shining versus the water fountain. Ensure to have your camera ready because you will undoubtedly wish to capture this sight.
• ITHRA - Back in Dammam, spare yourself some time to visit the King Abdulaziz Center for World Culture, also known as Ithra. This building has been designed to look like rocks bearing oil smoothened by the desert's winds, covered in a 350-km long steel pipe. Inside, you can see a museum, library, theatre, exhibition halls, knowledge lab, restaurants, and coffee shops.
• NATIONAL MUSEUM - The National Gallery offers an emphasis on the history of Islam. The gallery has over ten various galleries, several yards, and also there is an area of the residence that holds many items possessed by the beginning King of Saudi Arabia. This museum is very substantial, so investing at the very least half the day otherwise more here.
• TAYBEEN MUSEUM - A 10-minute drive from the center of Al Khobar will take you to another residential area, which is Taybeen Museum. It is an extraordinary traveling-project as well as a beautiful, unexpected trip into a bygone age. You will only get to see the flash of some neon lighting, and a discreet yellow welcome sign marks the venue out as something other than a routine family home, but venture inside. You'll find Taybeen Museum is anything but ordinary. For a start, the villa is both an aviary and a museum, so as you enter, you'll be greeted by a wall of song generated by a colorful collection of birds. Relive your childhood at the privately-owned Taybeen Museum. This museum started as the personal collection of Majid Al Ghamdi and has now evolved into a 300-sq-meter museum that includes more than 10,000 toys, posters, cameras, electronics, and food and drinks containers. You will even find a display showing the evolution of Coke bottles from the 1970s to the 1990s in the museum.
• ALFELWAH AND ALJOWHARAH MUSEUM - The Alfelwah and Aljowharah museum which was opened in 2018 has a very good story behind as a famous archeologist named Abdul Wahab Al Ghunaim took his favorite pastime to the next level and by collecting many of the unique remains from the past he became a millionaire. The extraordinary exhibition which was once a local treasure with fewer objects which has now reached more than 500,000 objects, wrapped inside the villa in Dammam. His extraordinary works include a copy of the Quran which is 500 years old, older rare vehicles, unique gramophones, and a few of the private possessions of the monarch of Saudi Arabia’s first king, Abdulaziz. The traditional room setup of Saudi bedroom and meeting hall can be viewed.
Foods and unique cuisines are the significant aspects that can add a flavoring aspect to the trip. When one talks about food, Saudi Arabia is famous for individual dishes and their delicious taste. Muslim culture brings exotic dishes whose flavors are liked by almost all the people in the world. If you are on a Dammam visit, do not forget to enjoy some famous words and taste the best flavors. Food lovers enjoy the place and the taste of traditional foods. Various restaurants and hotels are always ready to provide you with the unique taste of different Dammam cuisines.
Traditional Local Restaurants
• STEAK HOUSE - The Steak House allows you to make your steak combos, and as its tagline mentions, they do serve you a hearty meal for a great deal. They have a fresh food quality with amazingly moderate prices salad selection is fantastic. It is one of the best places where one can enjoy salad and soup. The location is excellent and easy to find parking, and it is a great place to visit with your family.
• ABU NAWAS - The variety of choices regarding delicious taste and dishes has been maintained by this place very well. The tasty fried chicken served by this place is always fresh and delicious. This Lebanese chain started making chicken breast and then pushing over to Fish and finally making a fully-fledged proper menu. There are many branches of this restaurant which is kept clean all the type to maintain a healthy environment along with crew members with a friendly nature. Abunawas has a range of continental food which is equally tasty. The taste and quality of each and every dish will be a 10/10. The best for giving a treat to any individual or family, when visiting Dammam never forget to come over to this place. • HAMRA CHICKEN - This is a well-known restaurant in this region; it attracts many people by offering mouth-watering food. They take immense pride in maintaining cleanliness, and the staff service is top-notch. It's a lovely restaurant with good food and reasonable teamwork price it's regular Old Dammam branch is a right place and a beautiful design. You will love the taste of Arabic shawarma available in this place. It is a highly recommended place for everyone to visit.
Vegetarian and Vegan
• BIO FOOD - Organic health food store offering a wide range of vegan options. Stocks plant-based milk and creams, cornflakes, nutritional yeasts, chips, cookies, chocolate bars, and nuts. Also offers a shipping service.
• MANOOSHA ALREEF - This an excellent choice for a light and affordable meal. They have a large variety of options made with the specialty. If anyone ever goes around wondering what to eat, visit manooshet elreef. They have an exquisite collection along with a quite accommodating staff. Always go with the brown bread option. They are highly recommended.
NO one has any better way to capture the flavor of a city than through its street food. Some of the famous street foods are found in : • OPERATION FALAFEL - Grab a Quick Bite here. This is an excellent place for a light bite with delicious falafel and shawarma. They have several ideas to make Shawerma as a Sandwich or as pizza. Besides, they have different kinds of Salads. The environment is quite good. Find the seating arrangement very impressive. The staff is friendly, and the falafel is the best in town. You can also try the stuffed falafel, which is believed to be their unique dish. Other food items are average.
Alcohol is banned in Saudi Arabia. Therefore, Dammam has no bars or pubs. However, there are several cafes, juice parlors, and places serving specialty drinks and mocktails. You will find Bottled non-alcoholic beer is also available in most shops.
Yes, tap water is drinkable in Dammam. Always take extra precautions while drinking tap water. The water might be safe to drink when it passes the sewage treatment plant, but it might pick up pollutants on its way to your tap. It's advised that you ask locals or hotel staff about the water quality.
• VITAMIN PALACE - There's nothing like fresh fruit juice to quench the thirst that comes with sight-seeing in the dessert. The Vitamin Palace can make its guests over 150 combinations of fruit juice, all from fresh ingredients. Small snacks and meals can accompany the juices.
• GREEN SEEDS COFFEE - This quaint coffee shop roasts their beans; the staff has more knowledge about coffee than anywhere else in Saudi. It is simply the best. You won't get the absolute perfect, exquisite cup of coffee but only in this country. And, as for the staff, they care, they're passionate about their coffee, they're friendly, helpful and provides excellent service. Go there. You won't' regret it!
• BLACK SWAN CAFE - Good place to gather with friends and family One of the best in the town, away from crowded places. Good fresh coffee and a pleasant environment, the staff was professional and friendly. It is worth visiting. This place is perfect; it sells food Coffee, and it has incredible types of coffees. Don't forget to try their cold drinks in the hot weather.
There are no breweries in Dammam because alcohol consumption is strictly banned in this city.
If someone happens to visit Saudi Arabia, then never miss a chance to see Dammam. Capital of the Eastern Province, it is the region's critical administrative and commercial hub. But it is also home to natural and historical attractions that are little explored by travelers. Dammam, though small, is a beautiful trending tourist destination that is entirely worth a visit for travelers. Travelers will be surprised by some of the unique things to do and places you can explore in this remote place. One might wish to revisit it someday again, to take a break and relax at Dammam. There are various kinds of activities that you can do in Dammam.
Yoga and Retreats
The art of practicing yoga helps in maintaining an individual's mind, body. It also helps in managing flexibility, muscle strength, and body tone. After a busy and hectic schedule, people should find a way to rejuvenate, and doing yoga is one of the best methods to reduce stress. Here are the most famous yoga centers in Dammam are: • LIGHTHOUSE YOGA
• NUHA ALASMRI
With access to a range of quality and affordable accommodation options, you'll find the perfect place to live in Dammam. The vast majority of hostels, hotels, guesthouses, and homestays include breakfast – and nine times out of ten, this is toast topped with an egg, sugar, banana, and a cup coffee (not on top of the toast, that would be weird).
• SOFITEL AL KHOBAR THE CORNICHE
• LE MERIDIEN AL KHOBAR
Hostels and Guest Houses
Some people often think about what is the real difference between hotels and guest houses. A guesthouse is a small and private house given out for rent daily to give a clear idea. Guesthouses are as social as hostels in Dammam; if you are traveling with a friend, it's mostly cheaper or around the same price to get a private room. • DAMMAM PALACE HOTEL
• NOVOTEL DAMMAM BUSINESS PARK
• JANA GUEST HOUSE
• EXACORE DAMMAM GUEST HOUSE
If you appreciate a place for yourself at the end of a day, an apartment or flat is the perfect home away from home. Furnished rooms and kitchen facilities give groups and families the flexibility to enjoy downtime separately or plan the next day's activities over a shared meal. Often available for short and long-term. Some of the famous apartments in Dammam are: • GULF PARK APARTMENT
• DAMMAM HOUSING
Couchsurfing is a traveling group with millions of members worldwide and is the best way to experience Dammam like a local. Reach out to over hosts in Dammam to discover unique places to stay and locals to stay. Use Couchsurfing to find accommodation in Dammam, meet up with locals and travelers, and more.
During the summer months, travelers set off to go camping, especially desert camping. Camping tastes vary considerably from the very harsh to the highly comfortable. In terms of weather, people want the as usual dry, sunny, and warm weather with no windy day. In extreme weather conditions, there is a much greater chance of damaging your caravan or tent. Some of the famous campsites in Dammam are: • DAMMAM SHIPYARD CAMP
• QATIF CAMP ALSAAD
How to Get There
Dammam is the central transport location of the Dammam-Dhahran-Khobar cluster. Some ways to reach Dammam are given below:
Not more than 50 kilometers from town the King Fahd International Airport is Located which is probably in the center of a desert. If you visit this airport you will see sand dunes, camels and tents on your way to Dammam. It is the world’s largest airport on the whole continent and not much explored. Flights for a long-distance are certain over a limited extent but flights from Dammam to Pakistani cities are available. Flights directing to Frankfurt are taken care of by the Lufthansa, whereas the regular flights to Istanbul and the surrounding are taken care of by the Turkish airlines. Both international and domestic flights leave from the same terminal. The availability for buses is much of a comfort as SAPTCO helps running hourly, daily, and weekly buses. The Trip from the Airport to the city of Dammam takes not more than 45 minutes. Another option is hiring a taxi with the same fare but the consumption of time is less.
The SAPTCO bus terminal is on 11th St, some 700m north of the town center. There are regular services throughout the country, and SABTCO buses direct to Bahrain five times a day; see the Bahrain article for details.
The railway station of Dammam is situated almost 8 kilometers from the railway station which connects Riyadh, Abqaiq and Hofuf.
When you are in, hitchhiking is sort of feasible. Saudis are mostly educated and fascinated by the western region. The highways are built on a similar USA system pattern and are quite challenging to hitch on. Stand at an exit, and someone will soon stop to ask if you would like help, and can run you bent an honest place. Saudi hospitality is golden (if you don't happen to be from India, Pakistan, Sudan, or any of the pool of developing countries it indentures as modern slave labor). Saudis have a kind heart and are keen to chop through misunderstandings about their society. You'll often be offered bread, food, tea, soft drinks, especially during religious holidays.
The connection regarding transport is quite strong in Dammam as the kingdom is connected through high network technology. Dammam is not more than 4 hours from Riyadh. Regulare buses are run by SAPTCO.
Public transport in Dammam is comparatively lower and taxis are more in number than buses or any other transportation. Cabs and buses are mainly used by foreign workers. If you want to travel the whole city it is highly recommended to rent a car for the whole day. Taxis in Dammam charges rates between 10-20 SR for any kind of trip inside the city.
Almost all the residents prefer walking while the rest are hesitant because of hot weather during summer and narrow and poorly designed footpaths. The sidewalks are also found to be blocked by trees, street signals, and illegally parked vehicles. Though you have beautiful beaches, corniches you can always go for a walk or a jog.
With endless deserts to explore and therefore the chance of adventure around every corner, there's far more to cycling here than the standard commute. With a replacement approach to tourism policy being made by the government, it's becoming increasingly more comfortable for foreigners to go to. They can ride everything from gravel roads to sandy valleys and historic backstreets. There are enough options to supply an extraordinary adventure a day of the week. Even women are allowed to ride bicycles within the city.
There are many electric cars and charging stations in Dammam.
SAPTCO runs a shuttle bus within Dammam. The travelers get a flat fee of two SAR for each passenger. In the buses, there are three doors to ensure easy ascent and descent by passengers. SAPTCO has some modern buses that contain appliances that help the disabled to use the buses with ease. Buses have comfortable seats and upper handholds, buses are air-conditioned and are designed in conformity with the highest international safety and security standards.
Tram, Train and Subway
Dammam Station is the railway station serving Dammam's city and is the eastern terminus of the Dammam–Riyadh Line. The Riyadh-Dammam trains are 5-car air-conditioned sets with a power car at one end and a driving cab at the other and were built by Spanish manufacturer CAF, these trains date from 2011-12. The trains have Premium (1st) class and Standard (2nd) class, a cafe counter, and even a prayer area.
Shoppers will have fun in Dammam. It has the perfect combination of old-style markets and modern shopping centers; there's nothing a resolute visitor can't find. The traditional open-air markets known as Souks give visitors a taste of ancient Arabia, especially in the old markets of Dammam. You will get everything from expensive items and brand name stores to handmade dresses and traditional clothes and souvenirs. Dammam is one of the country's prime retail centers.
A food market is a pedestrianized area that has been designated for restaurants and cafes. Local food producers and manufacturers are enjoying a boom in Saudi, and global firms are also benefiting from the outstanding potential. You'll find a vast quality of fresh, the streets of Saudi serves top-notch meat, both imported and local food along with household goods and many other important kinds of stuff at a low price. With their competitive prices on hundreds of items throughout the store, you'll save big every time you shop. And their special weekly deals will keep you even more. Here are the famous food markets in Dammam: • TAMIMI MARKETS
• YAHYA HJR FOODS MARKET
The city of Dammam is popular when it comes to supermarkets and flea markets. The Haraj market located at Al Jubail street is a place where tourists love to visit because of the variety it provides. The supermarket of King Fahd Military Medical complex is another famous shopping spot for tourists. Lastly, the Kadiwa being another popular market just after crossing Talal street.
Second Hand Stores
Thrifty lovers would spend hours just to scour for the right piece of clothing that resonates with them. In a way, shopping at a second-hand shop is no longer about finding the right design for yourself, but it's about finding the right history that you would happily boast. Some of the famous second-hand stores in Dammam are : • BUYING FURNITURE USED IN DAMMAM AND KHOBA
• MARKET 2 HAND
Sustainable Eco-fashion is a process of creating a useful change in developing fashion products. It also includes the fashion system to achieve greater ecological integrity and social justice. The most famous brands which make eco-fashion clothes and accessories in Dammam are : • LULU HYPERMARKET
Global environment management services is a Saudi Arabian company that provides a collective services platform of technology, products, and services to the industrial and public sectors in the areas of engineering services, industrial infrastructure construction, waste management, and recycling, municipal waste management, and conversion of waste to energy.
Dammam's global centers of excellence provide the best available technology and services to their clients, supported by highly qualifies experts and a highly competent and quality-driven human resource base, enabling their needers to have an eco-friendly environment in their respective working places. The companies cover the industries mainly including oil and petrochemicals, chemicals, food processing, power and utilities, agricultural, pharmaceutical, to name a few. Besides, they also cater to public sector infrastructure, including shipping ports, airports, civil defense, and municipalities. The famous ones in Dammam are:
• GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT SERVICES
• ARAB RECYCLING COMPANY LTD-DAMMAM BR
Work and Study Abroad
Fifty-two universities represent the higher education system of Saudi Arabia. There are three universities located in Dammam, which offer 34 study programs. Besides, 17 Bachelor programs at three universities and 17 Master's programs at three universities. Foreign children who need financial support can apply for scholarships to study higher education at a lower cost. Also, Student visas and accommodation are provided to students at many universities. When it comes to the budget for students, high costs are normally not affordable for the young generation because there is not much they could do while they stay for study purposes. Therefore, tuition fees are most probably free and students on an average pay 1500 USD every month for a proper education. Dammam's public universities are supported by the State and are free to attend. Private universities charge fees, which can be quite large. Progress in the Saudi economy has opened up great opportunities for international students to work for a fixed number of years, particularly in the oil, finance and manufacturing, IT, healthcare, banking, teaching, telecommunications, and construction industries.
Higher education in Saudi Arabia is on par with the US higher education system but modified to spread Islamic traditions and customs. The first university was the King Saud University and was founded in Riyadh in 1957. The Ministry of Higher Education is the head of all higher education institutions, focusing on government universities' scientific research. More than 200,000 students are currently enrolled at Saudi universities and colleges; about half are women. When it comes to Islamic studies, the institute of Saudi provides a variety of programs regarding masters degree in science, engineering, art, education, computer science, and info science.
An au pair is a helper or supporter from a foreign country working for, and living as part of, a host family in another city or country. Typically, au pairs help the family by taking responsibility for childcare and some housework and receive a monetary allowance for personal use. A large number of opportunities are available for Au pair in Dammam.
Volunteering means a person who voluntarily undertakes or expresses a willingness to launch a service. Opportunities are now available for professionals, volunteers, nurses, doctors, and healthcare professionals in Dammam.