Eco-friendly travel guide to Irkutsk advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Irkutsk, Russia.
- Air quality: 4 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 3.8 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 3 / 5
- Public transportation: 4 / 5
- Parks: 3.5 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 3.5 / 5
- Locals' English level: 2.5 / 5
- Safety: 3 / 5
- Accommodation: US$10 - $80
- Budget per day: US$100 - $500
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Irkutsk in actuality is the biggest city in addition to being the primary administrative centre of Oblast. The overall population of the place is around 617,437 as per the data collected in 2010. Statistically, the city is the 25th largest in the continent of Russia in terms of the total population. In terms of area, it is the 5th largest one present in the SF district. It is situated in the southern part of the Russian Oblast. It is a city that lies in the course of Angara river which is one of the tributaries of Yenisei that is approximately 851 kms. in the south-east of Krasnoyarsk and about 520 kilometres north of the place called Ulaanbaatar. It is famous for his trans-Siberian railroad which was constructed in the year 1898 and is a major modern industrial district of Siberia which is noted for its wide variety of engineering products. It is a hub for manufacturing Railway aircraft ship and vehicle repair yards.
● One of the best ways for environment-friendly Travels across the city includes cycling. The people of the place encourage cycling because of the increasing environmental concerns at the place.
● The other eco-friendly way to have a glimpse of the city is by walking across the street. This gives you a close inside into the life of people and also tell you a lot more about the culture of the place
● You can also try using public transport as your chief method for travelling and exploring the city. The government has also encouraged the use of public transport among common people due to the increasing concerns of pollution and traffic that have been bothering the city since a long time now and need to be addressed at the earliest.
● Is the duty of the common people as well as tourists to keep the place neat and clean and use the dustbin and other facilities for smooth sanitation of the place.
Air Quality and Pollution
The city of Irkutsk has a moderate to low level of air pollution with a good air quality index that remains around 13 to 36 across the city. But due to the rising concerns about the environment and increasing awareness in the common people, there is a lot of emphasis on green travel that is eco-friendly ways of transportation which include walking cycling or use of public transport as a chief method of conveyance. The city has however recorded a low water pollution index which makes it better than many of the other places across the country. On normal days, it is completely safe for the lungs if we roam around without wearing a pollution mask for if we do not have a home air purifier for us.
Respect the Culture
Irkutsk is an essential location on the way to Lake Bekal. It has a rich and complex history which has represented its vivid culture for years. A lot of interesting facts about the place which will amaze you.
- There is a fountain on the square and a special road that was paid to pay respect to president Eisenhower which is however used by the locals and tourists now for easier travelling around the city. This makes the hospitality and welcoming nature of the people of the city really evident and the tourists that come to the place are highly overwhelmed with the same.
- The city of Irkutsk is indeed a hub of multicultural people because of its proximity to Mongolia and China. It was in 1863 that the first Chinese shop was opened. Ever since Chinese culture has largely influenced the place. It is the people of the Chinese middle-class strata that bring a lot of foreign exchange with them and are of great importance to the tourism economy of the city.
- Irkutsk is halfway between the easternmost parts of Russia and Saint Petersburg. It is the heart of the country which the locals take pride in claiming. The city e also has another City from Chile diametrically across its borders called Punta Arenas. The different cities that it shares borders with, makes it greatly influenced with different cultures. Therefore, people from different regions find it comfortable to get along with the lifestyle of the locals.
- Irkutsk is the biggest city in Siberia and was once Russia's Centre for political repression for centuries. It has seen many political Prisoners sent into labour camps throughout the 19th century. There is a significant polish minority settled in the region who have comfortably gone along with the local lifestyle and adapted themselves as a part of the country.
- The local population has primarily been Buryats who have been Shamanics since the old times but had started to convert to Buddhism in the 17th century. The locals ride horses and live in the gers which is the Nomadic lifestyle of the people.
- In the fast running world driven by technology, this place is going to refresh you with the natural scenic beauty of Siberia surrounded by Lake Baikal and will fill you with energy and good health.
- The city of Irkutsk is a UNESCO World Heritage site which has wooden buildings from the 18th century to leave you baffled with amazement. The painting sculptures and icons which are placed in the museums across the place will surely Catch your amazement and admiration for the intense and rich traditional knowledge that the city has preserved.
Top 10 Places to Visit
When it comes to the places to visit in the city of Irkutsk it is no less than a paradise for visitors who love historic and explorative venues stop it has everything. It has everything that an Explorer-like you would want to see ranging from museums to art galleries to vintage places and everything else in between. The top 10 places that you can visit in Irkutsk are:
- Cathedral of the Kazan Icon of the mother god
It is a beautiful place where you can have a glimpse of the Mother of God of Kazan with the holy icon in the Russian Orthodox Church representing the Virgin Mary who is represented as the preserver and benefactor of the city of Kazan and the Palladium of all Russia known as the holy protectress of Russia. The mother god is highly revered in Russia and has two more Cathedrals which one in the city of Moscow and other in St. Petersburg. You would see a 16-century Statue of the icon and would love the sight of it.
- Decemberists historical and Memorial Museum
The Decembrists historical and Memorial Museum is yet another awe-evoking place to have a glimpse of the history of Russia. It carries with it a 17th-century struggle that included the officers and noblemen who had an unsuccessful rebellion in Saint Petersburg against the autocracy of the emperor. In the memory of these people that the Museum and Memorial is built to have them remember across the country as a whole tribute to the great souls.
- 130 Kvartal
You wish to have a glimpse of Siberia as one of the most impressive Timber architecture places then this is a place of choice for you. It is located at the Rising of the Cross Church and is a very beautiful place to explore your love for Timber architecture, restaurants, cafes, and museums. It is the only real 21st-century shopping mall having some original, some transported and some fake Timber buildings that you would absolutely love to have a glimpse of.
- Sculpture Babr
This beautifully named culture in the city of Irkutsk has been there in the City since its formation which was back in the 17th century. It is a mythological animal that is loved by the tourists to watch. If you love or are interested in mythological characters then Sculpture Babr can be a place of great interest to you.
- Znamensky Monastery
Znamensky Monastery, the monastery built-in 1762 is a wonderful place for admiring the anterior which has murralled vaulting and towers various icons and gold sculptures is a very beautiful place at a distance of 1.9 kilometers Northeast of Skver Kirova. It is adorned with miraculous relics of Siberian missionary Saint Inokent and also has celebrity Graves outside of it, which includes the themed Tomb of Grigory Shelekhov who was the man famous for claiming Alaska for Russia. It also has the headstone of a lady called Ekaterina Trubetskaya right in front of you.
- Cathedral of the Epiphany
It is a beautiful church that dates back to the 19th century and was officially elected as the cathedral of the epiphany of the dioxy of rocks city in 1902. An unrivaled building that it is, it has all the beauty in its glass Windows and the lively images of Christ and the relics across the place signifying the extraordinary care with which the place has been erected. It has seen various celebrations in the course of time which continue to happen till date. It also hosts major celebrations in the City and people love it for the aesthetic value that it adds to the experience of a celebration or a tour.
- Irkutsk Academic Drama Theatre
The Irkutsk academic drama theatre is yet another architecturally stunning marvel of the place. It was opened on August 30 1897 and it took three years for craftsmen to build one of the biggest provincial theatres of Russia which the place boasts of being. It has various shows and the building's architecture is a thing to be appreciated. You will have a good time photographing the place for its beautiful structure.
- Monument of Alexander III
It is rather a controversial monument to Alexander III and was opened on May 23 1909, in the city of plastid was the Tanya it beautifully depicts a standing bronze figure of Alexander III who is regarded as a counter reformist of the place. It caused an intense public scandal before being opened. Though it was welcomed by various people of the place It had been debated over since a long time no surely has a very long carried forward history to it. It was the reason for the divide of Petersburg society. No matter how controversial the place is, one cannot forget that it is a Marvel to be watched.
- The Great Baikal Trail
The Great Baikal Trail or GBT is a Russian environmental organization that promotes the development of ecological education, voluntary work, and Eco tourism with a non-profit approach. It is working to build hiking trails around the lake Baikal and has run over 180 International projects in the last 10 years for the improvement of the place. For one of you who wants to encourage environmentally-friendly tourism and Environmental education, there is a lot to learn from this beautiful place in Irkutsk, Russia.
- Nizhnyaya Naberezhnaya Angary
Nizhnyaya Naberezhnaya Angary is a river that passes through the city of our goods along the street called Ulitsa Nizhnyaya Naberezhnaya. The street that runs beside the river is a short distance from Lenin Street which is another place in the town. A walk along the river not only fills you up with blessing and energy it also lets you see the natural beauty of the place. This is one of the major attractions of tourists who want to have a look at the Ecotourism of the city.
The city of Irkutsk is absolutely adored with scenic beauty which includes its Grand parks beaches and places like museums. For a person who loves Eco tourism and who is passionate about different kinds of plants and animals is sure to find the essence of nature in the parks and gardens that the city has to offer. Being a nature enthusiast you can find absolute serenity in a city that normally has a rush of traffic with the busy lives of people running all around to complete their works.
It is evident from the natural love of the people of the place there are beautiful City Parks in Irkutsk
- Park Angara is a recreational park that lets people roam around in the boundaries of the street. It is an open City Garden which is also a development project being implemented by Municipal and private partnerships. There are various project ideas around the park that have been carried out efficiently and continue to prosper. These include a spacious orchard for walking, large pool and pond with clean water, an incubator of Eco Technologies, tourist parking for campers, circular walking and jogging track, cable car and a cafe. The place is conveniently accessible and is a comfortable pedestrian-friendly area. It has a plan for children's entertainment, sports grounds, outdoor heated pool, skating rink, Eco workings, rescue station and visitor parking also.
- Polyana Park is yet another beautiful park for open visits, outdoor sports, and walks. There are cafes, paintball clubs, a swimming pool, a volleyball and football ground, gazebos and grill houses. It is a Paradise for musicians, athletes and theatre lovers because of the antique design that it holds. There are also concerts and performances in the premises of the park. Polyana sports Park is a great place for a family vacation and is unique and convenient for leisure time. There are all necessary hospitality facilities including parking, comfortable washrooms, and rental points.
National Park called Pribaikalsky National Park which is to the South West Coast of Lake Baikal in south-eastern Siberia. It has mountain ranges and islands such as Olkhon. As Lake Baikal is a World Heritage site as per UNESCO, it is managed by other nature Reserves that include Angara river which hosts rare biodiversity and endemic species.
The city of Irkutsk has a single Beach by the name Picnic Park Yakobi. The place is as beautiful as its name and is a good choice for spending recreational time with your family.
- The 130 Kvartal is the area's most impressive original Timber architecture with some original, some fake and some transported wooden buildings preserved. It is the only 21st-century real shopping mall built on wood having cafes restaurants and commercial museums to add to life. As you enter the place you see a bronze monster guarding the place which happens to be a mythological beast in the culture of Irkutsk
- Kazanskya Tserkov is a beautiful place that is famous for its traditional houses built of wood. The prime location of visit is the Kazan Church also known as the Church Of Our Lady Kazan. It was built in 1885 and has the largest Church bell of the city till date. The paintings that are present on the premises of the place are adorable for a person who has a keen interest in history. The locals describe the building and the traditional houses as a Fairytale Castle because of the beautiful walls and Majestic domes that the architecture carries.
- House Museum Prince SG Volkonsky is a special place in the heart of the people living here because of the importance that it holds in the 30-year long exile of the Decemberists of Siberia. It was this place that's the struggle of the prince who was the hero of the patriotic war of 1812. When the original building was destroyed it was rebuilt according to the classical nobility and traditions. The Manson of the building was a place where parties were conducted. The building also contains original relics and some memories of the struggle.
- Irkutsk Regional Art Museum was founded in December 1782 and boasts of being one of the oldest museums in Russia. It was the initiative of the Governor of the place Governor F. Klitschka which led to the construction of the place. The unique mineral collections and herbarium are the main centres of attraction present inside the museum. It is a site which has a lot of information to tell you about ancient Siberia and other territories with a primary focus on education. Though the museum's major part burnt down in a fire in 1879 destroying more than 22 thousand unique exhibits, and a rich library having thousands of books, the residents of the place did not give up and rebuild the organisation with the help of donations.
- City History Museum – This museum is not very famous as compared to the other museums located in Irkutsk. It is situated nearby the Volkonsky Decembrists Museum as well as the bus stop. It is decorated with pictures of the city as depicted in the 18th and 19th century. It also depicts models and archaeological artefacts. It is a great place for history lovers to learn more about the culture and ancient living practices of the primitive locals of the area.
- The Icebreaker Angara Museum is the most unusual monument of the place which was originally used for the purpose of ice breaking in the Lake Baikal of Russia.
There are various but taking options for visiting in the city of Irkutsk. It is famous for being an absolute Paradise when it comes to Siberian Buryat and Baikal cuisine. It turns out to be a good place to explore both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. It is famous for its healthy Poza dumpling and Buhler meat stew. It has more than dozens of luxurious restaurants. The places are famous for their fresh and exotic dishes which is What Makes The Tourist absolutely loves it. The main dishes include dumplings Mutton, lamb, and steak dishes with local essence to it. The famous soups of the place also include native Siberian exotic recipes. Being a visited place it has the essence of other South Asian exotic cuisines as well making it comfortable if you prefer more spices and intense flavors. The various go to restaurants are listed below for you to relax and get going easily in the city.
Traditional Local Restaurants
- La Boulangerie and Patisserie (Bakery)
- Kochevnik (Mongolian)
- Poznaya na Lenina (Buryat)
- Rassolnik (100 percent Soviet Era Menu)
- Baikal love cafe (Siberian Eatery)
- Mamay (East Asian)
- Design bar (Chinese theme)
- Figaro (Western Europe theme)
- Gastrobar Kamchatka
Vegetarian and Vegan
Though the people are primarily non-vegetarian, the city has many vegetarian-friendly restaurants to Cater to the comfort of the local vegetarians and tourists. Some of these restaurants are listed as per their popularity and ranking based on customer review:
- Design bar
- Prego Italian Restaurant
- Pesto Testo
- Govinda Cafe
Although the people in the city of Irkutsk are known for their love of home cooking, you can conveniently find some popular local snacks and comfort food in the streets.
- Cheburek is a pastry which is a much-beloved snack of the local people and is made by stuffing minced meat and spices fried in boiling oil. Meat juices are likely E2 squared from the hot Pi which is really tasty and would give you to the satisfaction you are searching for in the food
- Blini is a thin pancake consumed all over Russia for centuries. It is a popular street food which is famous for its old style Russian texture and a range of different fillings of Ham, cheese, or bread to honey jam or sweetened condensed milk.
- Baked potato is much beloved in the land and has a lot of popularity in the name of tiny potato which has a variety of fillings including cheese, butter, chicken and pickled mushroom, salty cheese with dill and salmon
- Shawarma is a sliced meat wrap that came to the country in 1990 and was adopted heartily with the use of vegetable ketchup and mayonnaise. It is a street food which is loved by all.
- Doughnuts are sweet street food which came to Russia in the Soviet era and gained immense popularity, Unlike the American doughnuts. These are balls fried and covered with powdered sugar which proves to be a treat.
From Cafes to Bars, you get to drink all types of things. You can find a great café where you can drink coffee with someone. You can also try alcohol in the bars of Irkutsk.
Though the tap water is comparatively clean and free of microorganisms, still the travel guides in Russia warn against drinking the tap water directly without boiling or treating. The city has Municipal water systems but Travellers have to be more cautious with the consumption of untreated water. The bottled drinking water constitutes 42% of Russia's bottled beverage market which clearly shows that one should not take the risk of drinking tap water while in the City.
As the locals are primarily non-vegetarian it takes a lot of effort to find some vegan or vegetarian restaurants in the place. Given here are some of the go-to places you can always visit if you are a vegetarian.
- Nesahar bar
- Oh my Chickpea
- Raw dessert
The shortage of breweries in the city tells us that the locals do not prefer brewed beverages in their meals. However, if you really love brewed beverages, you get options like the Heineken Brewery Bekal or Fuller's or Slata or Bier Haus.
There are a lot of things that you as a tourist can do to enjoy in the city. The activities that the place supports include ice breaker museum, churches, shopping, an annual cultural festival, the magnificent Lake Baikal, and exploring the fine arts collection of the city.
- The Icebreaker Museum is a place that became the Angara museum which is visited by tourists as a major attraction in the City. It was saved from being demolished in 1990 and was preserved in Irkutsk as one of the most important ports in Siberia which were earlier used to break the ice on Les bacal to make it possible for travel to go on
- Churches Though many churches all across Russia but the prince waldameer ministry remains one of the most visited attractions that has remained since the 19th century in honour of the Russian Prince who Christianised Russia a thousand years ago. The place has a rich history and religious involvement and abundant orthodox churches which are really beautiful and give good photography opportunities to the tourists
- Shopping for a pair of boots decorated with fur and Leather is really famous and useful in the usually cold environment to keep the discomfort at bay. This is the one thing you should always look for when visiting the Russian market.
- Annual Sculpture festival is an unforgettable experience for the tourists who love the Holy Festival Vibe. A few years ago, there was even an ice Castle at the place known as the ice sculpture festival which is a place worth visiting.
- Lake Baikal is a prime tourist location famous as one of the prime tourist locations to appreciate the biodiversity and biological wealth that the place holds. It is sure to leave you spellbound and happy if you are a passionate nature lover.
- Fine arts collection is also one of the peculiarities of the place which focuses mainly on ethnography, folk art and architecture of the indigenous people. The place includes indigenous sculptures and paintings which are loved by the people and tourists in general.
Yoga and Retreats
There are not that many Yoga retreat centers in the city but you can find a few near Lake Baikal. Although you can practice yoga in nearby parks.
Irkutsk offers you a variety of options for eco-friendly accommodation from green hotels to camping. As the city is not that populated which makes it a comfortable place to spend your time in.
Living in a green hotel is the best eco-friendly way to stay in a city. Here are a few green hotels are given below:
- Hotel Europe
- Courtyard Irkutsk City Center
- Green Hotel
- International Hotel Sayen
- Boutique Hotel Marussia
Hostels and Guest Houses
Here are a few Hostels and Guest Houses in Irkutsk where you can get a comfortable living:
- Z Hostel
- Rolling Stones Hostel
- Hostel Rukavichka
You can rent apartments of all types according to your budget. Here are a few places where you can rent an apartment for yourself:
- Irkutsk Central Apartment
- Apartment Baikal Hill Residence
Couchsurfing is now available all over in Russia, you can enquire with the locals for a host who provides Couchsurfing. You can also search online for places to Couchsurf.
Camping is a very viable method of living on a trip as it is eco friendly and saves a lot of money. Here are some campsites in Irkutsk for accommodation.
- Camping on Olkhon
- Camping Zara
- Toynak Guest Houses and Campsite
How to Get There
Irkutsk is said to be the largest city and also an administrative center in Irkutsk Oblast. You get many ways to reach Irkutsk by different means of transport. Given below are some of the ways which will help you to reach there easily.
The Irkutsk International Airport is at about approximately 60 kms from the beautiful Lake Bekal and happens to be located at the outskirts of the town. The airport serves with regular domestic planes to different locations. Angara Reservoir is close to the airport giving it foggy weather. If the airport is closed due to bad weather condition The Other airports of the adjacent cities serve as alternatives for air travel.
There is a local bus facility to reach the town once you are in Russia. It is easy and convenient to board a bus because the buses are easily available.
The Railway Station Irkutsk- Passazhirsky is an important stop along the Trans-Siberian Railway and is a prime passenger railway station in the city of Irkutsk in Russia spread over a whopping 7590 square meters of the area which makes it spacious and comfortable.
Though it is easy to hitchhike a bus, the locals will not encourage a stranger in their vehicle because of the potential threats of robbery, pickpocketing and fraud. The guides also warn the tourists to avoid hitchhiking because it can lead to them being stuck in a scandal or being robbed because of the unfamiliarity of the place.
If you have been in the Russian cities you just know how cheap it is to move across the diagonals of the city. For just about 20 rubles you can travel wherever you want without any distance or time limit.
The historical Irkutsk is a beautiful city and one can enjoy this beauty by moving around in some of the following ways such as:
Walking around the city is always the best option to have a close glimpse of the place and have an insight into the lives of the local people. You can also encounter various less known and interesting places with the help of locals if you are good at reading the road signs or if you understand the language that is spoken locally. You can also take help from the local people for the same.
Bicycling is another good option and an eco-friendly alternative to the other comparatively polluting conveyances. Not only is it good for health but also for the environment. It also helps to cope up with the traffic that the busy city May sometimes bother you with.
Amidst the rising concerns about the environment, there has been in a large shift of attention to the use of electric vehicles for the sake of saving the environment. Though electric vehicles are not in much fashion in the City, it is still a field of great improvement and investment by the government.
The government as well as local people encourage travel through the bus. Though the city has no famous bus terminals, bus travel is still a prime choice for transportation to the local areas. It is encouraged because buses are a form of Sustainable transport because of the minimum pollution that it causes. There are almost 30 buses deployed for service to the town that runs along the diagonals of Irkutsk. As there is a quick service, you can easily get a bus to reach almost anywhere in the City. You can easily hitch a bus as there is slow traffic and quick service.
Tram, Train and Subway
Tram, train, and Subway are easily available and readily accessible by both the local people and the tourist. The use of these alternatives of transportation is also encouraged because of the sustainability that they offer.
Shopping in an industrial city is hard but there are a few places where you can easily shop and get things for your daily needs. Here are some of the markets in the city where you can get what you need also you can buy souvenirs for your family and friends:
The city of Irkutsk will fill you up with amazement with the range of different cuisines and foods that offers. It has various food markets which are primary non-vegetarian but also cater to the demands of vegetarian and vegan guest. It has a range of Exotic cuisine to street food and a great choice of beverage options.
Irkutsk is a trading centre of Russia which has many options to attract its buyers. You can find T-shirts, magnets, plates, toys, brass articles, ethnic artefacts, Natural stone products, Pine forest artefacts, healing cedar jelly, Siberian delicacies, exotic food, clothes, jewellery and cosmetics at premium and medium price categories. The popular Cloth Street is Baikalskaya has interesting jewellery matching with the local Lifestyle. There are various Government and private-owned shopping centres and different chain of shops to serve you.
Second Hand Stores
What somebody who is conscious of the environmental impact of fast fashion and wants to have cheap goods, Irkutsk has a lot to offer. You can find nearly everything in the second-hand shops of the city from Standard designer and charity shops. Luxury brands like Gucci are also available in in the garage sale. There are markets where you can find a discount of up to 50% on various articles of quality and also find shops that donate 100% of the profit to charity. There is nothing that the place does not have. The main attractions include Planeta Second Hand Market.
The people of the region have started to think about responsible travel and have started considering to carry the idea of Eco fashion-forward with various steps in the sustainability of economic social and environmental aspects of the city. If you want to contribute to Eco-fashion and sustainable travel you can avoid buying souvenirs that exploit wildlife and you can also eat locally to help the weaker Strata of the region. The advantage of buying clothes and accessories from local vendors is that it is cheap and the money you spend goes to somebody who is needy.
The current waste management system of Irkutsk has a heavy load because it takes household commercial and institutional waste from Irkutsk and Siberia which brings it to a total of 500000 tons of total waste full stop the current system is on a major load and the place requires advancement in the technology for waste management. The sustainability plans of the region have targeted of saving about 1200 kg of Co2 per year with the significant amount for reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. The locals have taken to the practice of Sustainable recycling and involve energy-efficient alternative in their daily needs. It is essential to produce energy from the waste that is being eradicated out untreated and ends up being of no use to the environment or the people of Irkutsk.
Around 0.5 Million Tons of commercial, household, and institutional waste is being handled and managed annually in this region. This waste management is based on filling old lands without any control of gas and leachate. Ninety-Seven Percent of the waste is disposed of at the old Alexandrovsky landfill.
Work and Study Abroad
In the increasing scenario of globalization, it has become important for educational institutions and work institutions to encourage the inhabitants of their region to work abroad. Irkutsk also has various work and study organizations that support the students and working-class who want to study abroad or work in a different country.
State University and Irkutsk Medical University are among the prime institutions that encourage exchange students for higher studies. These institutes encourage foreign education and cultural exchange with different nations across the globe.
One can easily find an au pair or a female Nanny who they can employ if they are new to Irkutsk. There are different agencies and websites that provide the services of hiring an au pair who is trustworthy and gives affordable services. You can easily find an au pairs with specific traits and experience according to your preferences. Whether you are searching for a part-time, a live out a u pair, or even if a full-time lives in a u pair, you can easily find one on various digital platforms.
One can Volunteer in Irkutsk Oblast for the Kadalinski Cliff tower, the Uitag natural monument, Pribaikhalski national park, Baikalski national nature reserve, etc. There are also many NGOs in the city where you can enroll yourself for volunteering.