Eco-friendly travel guide to Panama advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to travel in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Panama, Central America, North America.
- Air quality: 3 / 5
- Bus connections: 3.5 / 5
- Train connections: 3 / 5
- Hitchhiking: 3.5 / 5
- National parks: 3 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 2 / 5
- Safety: 3/ 5
- Accommodation: US$30 - $300
- Budget per day: US$70 - $400
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 Regions
- 11 Cities
- 12 Getting There and Moving Around
- 13 Sustainable Shopping
- 14 Recycling
- 15 Work and Study Abroad
- 16 See Also
Panama is a country that looks like a narrow bridge that connects South America and North America. It is a small country in the Pacific Ocean. The country is surrounded by the oceans from two sides which makes it the biggest attraction for tourists across the globe. Panama City is the capital of Panama from where you can start your journey. The country has a lot of things to offer their travelers among which the water activities are the most popular.
In fact, people around the world come here just to explore the oceans through these water activities. It is a perfect destination for adventure seekers as you will get a lot of opportunities to challenge yourself and know Mother Nature closely. While exploring this beautiful country, stay eco friendly by following these simple guidelines.
- You should always look for ways where you can use less fuel-based vehicles as it is the major source of pollution. Opt for electric vehicles as much as you can
- The real fun of traveling lies in the local shops in the country. Try to eat from local restaurants and shops.
- Try to visit all the green parks of the country to stay fresh and energetic. The fresh air will help you to clear your mind
- Try to use the local buses or taxis to travel the country. Using the public mode of transport will help to reduce waste creation.
- You should stay in green hotels as these hotels are meant to help the people to create a pollution-free environment.
- Leave no trace behind, try to keep your surroundings neat and clean. Use proper waste bins for disposal. It will help the country to stay clean
Air Quality and Pollution
The major sources of air pollution are harmful waste from industries and factories. Panama is a country that is surrounded by mountains and oceans which creates a difference in the climatic condition of the areas near the beaches and areas around the mountains. Beaches generally have warm and humid weather and mountain areas are slightly cooler as compared to the beaches. In urban areas, the emission of industries and transportation are the major causes of air pollution in Panama.
The ministry of health and the ministry of rural development has taken several measures to decrease the pollution rate in Panama. Deforestation in Panama for the cattle ranches and farms is the reason for the creation of pollution and unhealthy environmental conditions. The quality of air is much better now because of the initiatives taken by the government to reduce pollution. Hence it is safe to visit Panama at any time of the year. The elderly and newborns should consult the doctor before visiting Panama.
Respect the Culture
The culture of the country can be seen through the festivals as it is often called the land of festivals. This country uses to celebrate numerous occasions at different times of the year so no matter when you are visiting Panama, you will be witnessing some or other festival at a time. Panama is a blended mixture of north American, American Indians, African and Spanish so you will be able to see the diversity in the culture of the country clearly.
Traditional music, art, craft. sports, cuisines, etc in all the fields you will be able to notice the diversity of the country. When you are planning to visit Panama, make sure to spend enough time here so that you can understand the culture of the country deeply. You can interact with locals and understand the culture of the country through them, by doing this you can gather information about the best places in the country to visit.
Top 10 Places to Visit
Nowadays most of the tourists want to visit Panama because it has some wonderful cities. And the holiday destinations in those cities are beautiful which is enough for your enjoyment. So in this part of the article, we will tell you about those places only.
- Panamá Viejo (Panama City) - This is a castle which is located in the capital Panama City and here you get some special things. In other words, things mean some historic facts which will tell you about the relevance of this place. So visit here and get to see something very extraordinary which you might have not seen earlier.
- Romelio & Kiki Waterfall (David, Chiriquí) - You can refer to this waterfall as a very huge one which is beyond any words. So come here during the daytime and feel its beauty which is real. But try not to miss it because this chance may not come on your next trip.
- Fort San Lorenzo (Colón) - This fort is great and is situated on the west of Colón city. It signifies the prehistoric era and tells its importance in full details. Now if you are willing to know it more then come here as soon as possible.
- Lago Limón (Santiago) - Without any doubt, we can say that this lake is fine and has some great features. First of all, it has clean water and here the ducks are very beautiful. So in order to feed those ducks, you can carry a piece of bread with you. It would give you a nice enjoyment and you will never get disappointed.
- Volcán Barú (Boquete) - For all those people who want to go for a nice hiking adventure then this place is the most suitable one. You can say that it is more than adventurous and make you experience something which leaves you awestruck. Besides this thing, you will love its pleasant atmosphere and the serene feeling that you get here.
- Mezquita de Chitré (Chitré) - There is not so much information about this mosque but we can say that it is great. It is because after visiting here most of the travelers say that it has an amazing thing. You can say that here you feel the real presence of God and get an opportunity to worship him. And after visiting here you would be eager to recommend it to the other persons.
- Finca Los Monos Botanical Gardens (Bocas del Toro) - It is a botanical garden where you can get some lovely plants and flowers. They are more than beautiful and always give you a feeling of wow. So take a camera with you and capture their photographs to make them your memories.
- Church of Santa Librada (Las Tablas) - Believe it or not, but this church is indeed famous all over the world. The reason behind this thing is that here you can feel Jesus Christ and wish for the best thing. After doing it one day it will come true and you can achieve all your goals.
- Punta Culebra Nature Center (Ancon) - People in Ancon city call it a museum but in simple words, it is a science center. Here you will get some exciting exhibitions based on science and know the purpose behind them. In the beginning, you may think that it is not enjoyable but later on you will understand its value.
- Balneario Camping El Barrigón (Penonome) - If you have the hobby of camping then this place is a must-visit for you. It is nice for a bonfire camp and can give you a thrilling experience. Try it out and see that it is a certain thing that is beyond the level of your imagination.
So you have known about those places which are mentioned in the above section. But now what will you do if you are asked to explore the cities of Panama? The answer is simple to visit other places like some city parks and museums.
- Volcan Canopy Park (Volcan) - This park is awesome and here the ambiance is calm and can give you a great feeling of joy. Like the others, you will also love it to the fullest and feel like getting absorbed into it. So never refuse it because this scope will not come again and again.
- Infantil De Meteti (Meteti) - If your children are getting bored then this park is the perfect option for him or them. Here they can get some magnificent rides and seesaws which increases the level of their excitement. Without this place, your trip is incomplete and there is no meaning to it.
- Simon Bolivar Park (Bocas Del Toro) - It has nice scenic views and here you will definitely get an eco-friendly environment. You may have thought that this park is visited only by the locals. Just rub it off because the fact is that some tourists also come here. And after exploring it vividly they give their best reviews on an online travelers website.
- Saint Librada (Panama City) - This place is the actual meaning of nature and is brilliant if you want to have a family picnic. Just do it over here and see how well your time is being spent. There is no such person who misses it because a place like this is nowhere there in any other cities.
- Los access (Pacora) - Visit here and get lost in the woods as it is a very interesting trail. But if you think that it is nothing then no one can help you to find the best place. Everyone praises it and tells some positive things about it to their beloved persons.
- Parque 5 De Noviembre (Colón) - Here some cultural events take place and you can come here to enjoy them. They are not only the best but can also give you an ample amount of satisfaction. So visit this place and it is guaranteed that you will get a very different feeling.
- Playa Arrimadero (Santiago) - This beach is a nice recreational spot and here you can go for having a better sunbathing experience. It gives you the utmost feeling of happiness and loads and loads of fun. Instead of thinking anything you can make a fair trial of it and have a nice exposure.
- Farfan Beach (Ancon) - The waves of this beach are huge and here you can get some seashells and corals. They are nice for your house collection and can be your perfect showpiece. Today if you miss it then tomorrow you will definitely feel bad about it.
- Panama Viejo (Panama City) - This landmark is the finest one and is located in the center of Panama City. You can come here and take a selfie with your family. And later on, you can upload it on your Facebook profile and get hundreds of likes.
- Museo de Panama Viejo (Panama City) - If you are interested to know some fascinating facts about archaeology then this museum is the right choice. Have a tour of this place and you will get to know the significance behind it. There is no doubt because it is such a place which you might have never seen before.
- Museo De La Biblia (Puerto Armuelles) - An art gallery where you will find different types of paintings and sketches. They are made by the most prominent artists in the world. Just come here and you will get to see different forms of paintings.
Panama is a paradise for food lovers as you will be able to get a variety of different cuisines here. You will be mesmerized by the taste of the traditional Panama dishes, with a variety of dishes from vegan foods to nonvegetarian foods there are a number of options to choose from. Sancocho de gallina Pnameno is the national dish of the country which you should definitely try when you are in Panama.
Sancocho is a traditional chicken soup which is also called a hangover soup made of potatoes, chicken, herbs, yucca, and plantains which are served with veggies or sauces here. You can have this soup anywhere in the country. Every city has its own specialty when it comes to a variety of dishes.
Ropa vieja is another popular dish of this country which is easily available in all the cities here, it is basically a beef stew made of by adding lots of spices. The local foods of the country should be there on your list when you are in Panama as you will not be able;e to find the same taste anywhere else. Thick cornflake tortillas are the staple food of this country which will go with any curry items. You should try these from the local shops or restaurants here. There are a number of dishes available in the country for everyone.
Every city will be offering you a flavorful dish that will make your trip memorable. If you are planning to live here for a long period of time then you can learn to cook such dishes as they are super easy to make, you just need the perfect ingredients. The people of this country are very helpful and generous, so you will not find any difficulties related to food here.
There are a number of restaurants available all over the country where you can eat but eating from the local restaurants and shops will allow you to know more about the culture of the country. Every dish has a story and you can only hear those stories from the locals, it will enhance the flavor of the dishes even more. Ron ponche, Hojaldras, patacones, etc are some other famous street foods in the country which you can give a try.
Seco is the most famous drink in Panama which is easily available in any city here. It is an alcoholic drink made of distilled sugar cane which is mostly served with milk and ice. You can easily get this drink in the bars and restaurants here. You should give it a try if you are above eighteen because you will not be able to find this type of drink anywhere else. Rum, vodka, scotch, etc are some other alcoholic beverages that are very popular here.
Chicheme is a non-alcoholic drink which is famous here. It is made up of sweet corn, vanilla, cinnamon, and milk and it is the most common and highly consumed drink in Panama. The country is also famous for its varieties of coffees. Every city has its own type of coffee which you should definitely try. The country has refreshing breviaries for the travelers made of syrup and water which you should try before leaving the country.
Panama City is the capital of Panama and here you will get clean water. Most of the cities here have the best water supplies with proper maintenance of the hygiene by the high standard Panama Canal Company. When it comes to drinking water, you should always take extra precautions so that you can enjoy your trip without falling sick. The country has several gadgets to clean the water in big restaurants and hotels where you can easily get filtered water. When it comes to the rural area you should be careful as the quality of the water is not guaranteed here. In extreme cases, you can boil the water for ten minutes before consuming it.
Tap water in Panama City can be consumed idly as the quality of the water here is the best. Most of the cities are well connected with reservoirs and purifiers. You can carry a bottle with you which you can fill from the local shops and restaurants here. You can use tap waters here for all the purposes like bathing, laundry, etc. The quality of the tap water and filtered water in Panama City is the same. Bocas del Toro is a place in Panama where the quality of the water is not guaranteed. You are not supposed to drink the tap water here. You can use filtered water for drinking purposes which are easily available at the restaurants and shops here. And for bathing and washing clothes, you can use tap water directly.
Panama is a country where you can try different adventure sports. Panama Canal is the biggest attraction for the tourists here; you will be able to see the giant ships waiting for departure here. You can take a boat ride here to enjoy the beautiful sea views. If you want to soak up in the beaches of Panama then you are most welcome as these beaches here are filled with a number of water sports.
There are multiple companies providing surfing and diving facilities here, you can choose according to your budget and explore the marine life of aquatic animals. You can watch the sunset on the sunset coast which is popular for its breathtaking views of sunsets. The country has so much to offer its travelers here and water sports should be your top priority when you are in Panama. As we already know that Panama is the place for mountain lovers and beach lovers. You can choose hiking in the mountains of this beautiful country.
Boquete is a famous hiking place in Panama. It has a wonderful climate filled with grasses, tall trees, etc all over the place. The greenery is so soothing here that you might want to spend most of your time here wandering in the mountains of Panama. In the main town, there are facilities for proper staying and food. So leave your worries and explore the beauty of nature in Boquete, Panama.
The accommodation structure of the country is very fascinating as you will find various options here in terms of the budget and food. You can choose from the various categories like a hotel, motel, lodge, guesthouse, campsites, village hotels, and other accommodations to stay here. Accommodation is the very first thing you look for when you are in an unknown place so doing a little research before visiting Panama can be a very good idea.
You need to maintain your budget and time in order to travel to all the places. You can choose from the online sites, the best accommodation for yourself. Booking in advance will allow you to be on the safe side and online bookings always come with lots of offers and discounts which will allow you to save some money.
Green hotels will allow you to stay close to nature. These hotels are highly maintained hotels in Panama as the services provided by these hotels are a bit different in comparison to the other hotels. You will be able to help the environment of your favorite holiday destination to stay clean and tidy. Most of the materials used in the rooms of these hotels are environmentally friendly and reusable. The foods provided in the restaurants of these hotels are made up of organic products.
The clothes used in these hotels are 100 percent made of fibers that are naturally created. Green hotels will provide you facilities like recycling bins in every room. The priority of the hotel is to arrange food for their guests from local shops. You will find simple foods here and fewer meat items. The curtains, towels, bathrobes, bedsheets are reusable. They maintain proper hygiene by washing them on a regular basis. Some of these hotels provide yoga facilities as well. As you are on the constant move, your mind and body need relaxation too. Taking care of your body and skin is very important even if you are traveling.
Hostels and Guest Houses
If you are a student or a business person and want to stay in Panama for a longer period of time then staying in hostels or guesthouses will be more convenient for you. Hostels are mostly preferred by foreign students who went abroad for higher studies. The hostels in Panama have a great environment for the students. All the additional facilities in these hostels create a perfect environment for the students. If you are an exchange student or from a different country then you will get more facilities here.
Guesthouses are mostly for the people who are moving to Panama for job purposes. The guesthouses are perfect for beginners as the prices of these guesthouses are very low as compared to the hotels. Staying in hostels and guesthouses will allow you to save a lot. You can even share your room with the other traveler or local here to decrease the amount of rent. You can find some amazing guest houses near the beaches here. You can even get lodges in the small towns here to stay.
Apartments are perfect for you if you are planning to stay in Panama for more than three months. You can easily get apartments for rent here in beautiful locations. The fully furnished apartments come with a variety of additional features to make you feel at home. Staying in an apartment will allow you to stay close to the locals which can help you to understand the culture of the country deeply. Well furnished furniture, household kinds of stuff, kitchen essentials, etc these apartments have all the necessary things one can ever need.
You can take the help of the internet to find a perfect apartment for yourself. From the high ranges to the low, you will get all types of apartments here. Most of the high-class apartments are offering additional facilities to their travelers. You can get an attached common gym, a restaurant, a playing area for the kids, a shopping area for the ladies, etc. Living in an apartment means living with the locals which will help you to know their lifestyle and language. You can even cook your own foods here or even you can order from your favorite place in the town.
Panama is very famous for providing its travelers with opportunities to relax and take a break from city life. You can always relax a bit when your work for the day is done. They have multiple options for outdoor activities. For couch surfing, you might find a few. You can always look up to the internet for the best options available at the moment. It will allow you to explore more local places at once and you can also save money. You will find so many options, you can choose according to your stay in the cities. You can use couch surfing in Panama to stay connected with locals and explore unique places.
Camping on the beaches of Panama City is something you should not miss here. Either you want to stay under the stars or you want to stay in the tents with all the facilities provided, you are most welcome. You can spend a beautiful night in these camps which are just walking distance away from the Gulf of Mexico. Most of the campgrounds are like a resort where you will get an old-school vibe with animates. These camps are mostly situated near the beaches so if you want to roam around in the middle of the night then you can choose to stay in these camps near the beaches of Panama.
Getting There and Moving Around
The transport system of the country is very dynamic; you can easily get a lot of options here to travel the country. You can use domestic flights to travel to different cities here; traveling through airways can be very comfortable and fast. You can use buses, private transport and taxis to cover the inner part of the cities, you can easily get a rented car here at a very low price. The buses here are well connected with the small areas, villages, and towns so you can use public transport to cover the sight scenes here.
Panama is the place for beach lovers and mountain lovers and the country has a well-established water transport system. You can use boats to travel to certain places here, traveling through boats can be very thrilling as you will be able to witness the beauty of nature. There is only one rail route that runs outside Panama City which is known as the Panama canal railway.
The Tocumen International Airport is the main airport in Panama City. It deals with all the international flights and serves the country by providing the best facilities to travelers. There are a total of one hundred and seventeen airports in this country with fifty-seven paved runways and sixty unpaved runways. If you are traveling from different countries of the world then you can choose airways to travel to Panama as it is the easiest and fastest way of reaching the country.
If you are traveling from the other cities of the country then you can choose from the different options available here. The prices of the tickets will differ depending on the airline you choose. Although traveling through airways can be expensive it will allow you to save a lot of time. The country has regular domestic and international flights so you can easily book the tickets accordingly.
The bus system in this country is fantastic and super cheap. You don’t have to wait for more than ten minutes to get a bus from the bus stands here. They have frequent departures which make the journey very smooth and easy. You will find numerous buses from the early morning till the sunset and in the night, there are few buses that run but for the longer trips. Some of the bus stops in Panama have attached cafeterias and restaurants for travelers.
You can easily wait at this bus station while enjoying a cup of coffee or you can have proper meals here as well. You can reserve your seats for the popular routes here as you may not get it on the spot. For the other routes, there are no compulsory booking tickets in advance. The prices of the tickets are affordable and easily available, whether you want to book online or direct from the bus stations.
There is only one functioning railway in Panama that runs outside the city and it is owned by the Panama Canal railway company. It is serving the passengers and also freight services from one city of Panama to the other. This train is available for travelers who want to visit places near the pacific coast and the Atlantic coast. You can use railways to travel to the other city in the country. Traveling by train can be very exciting as you will be able to notice the daily life of the locals and you can also acknowledge the culture of the people here.
The train will take you to your desired location while crossing the villages and towns. Railway systems have both national and international routes here. You can easily travel from the other part of Europe to the other part easily. It is well connected with all the cities of Poland which can be very interesting to travel to. The ticket prices are reasonable and you should reserve your seats in advance to avoid delays.
Hitchhiking is very common in Panama, and it is very easy as well. Traveling from a city to another can be a bit expensive sometimes, especially if you are on a tight budget. Hitchhiking can be your lifesaver here, you just need to take a free ride from the drivers who are passing by or who are going in the same direction as you desired. For travelers, it is a very common and most preferable way of traveling.
Generally, it is free of cost but in some situations, you might need to negotiate with the drivers. Throughout the journey, you can communicate with the driver about the life of the people here. This will help you to understand the culture of the city very well. Meanwhile, you can have food from the local shops. Traveling like this can be risky but it will allow you to make some unforgettable memories which you can cherish afterward.
Rental cars are the major source of transportation in Panama as most tourists are preferring rental car to travel the country. There are several other options like renting a bike or bicycle or using a means of public transport to travel the inner part of the city. You can choose to travel to the inner part of the cities or the places near to your hotels by walking only. The market areas or the crowded places are best to explore by walking.
It will help you to stay fit as well. Renting a bicycle for the longer routes can be considered here as there are proper bicycle paths available for travelers or locals. These rental bikes or cars are easily available in all the cities here, there are multiple companies offering the best deals or discounts on pre-booking. It can be a great opportunity to travel the country without causing any pollution.
It is often said that Panama City is the best place for shopping in the whole of Central America. You can have all sorts of goods here whether you are looking for expensive clothes or accessories or cheap versions. The gigantic shopping malls in this country are worth your visit. The culture of the country can be seen in the handicrafts items, among which handicrafts made of seeds and fruits, leather handicrafts, Belmont stone, etc are very famous. The fine art of making pieces of jewelry can be found here.
The art craft designs made of gold and silver will definitely blow your mind and it will make you feel like buying it in large numbers. All these items are easily available in the malls and shops of the country. Panama is considered a mediocre type of country where everything is not super cheap or very costly. You just need to know the perfect place for shopping or accommodation. If you are able to choose this thing wisely then you can save a lot of money, from which you can buy a lot of stuff here. This country has something for everyone. You can buy electronic devices here at a very low cost.
The malls here have so many other facilities available apart from shopping. You can just take a break from your travel and relax in these malls while doing window shopping and you can also have a bite in the restaurants attached to these malls. These malls have cafes and restaurants for shoppers or others to relax. You will also get outdoor lounges for a little chit chat with your loved ones. These malls have theaters where you can watch local movies in the country and you can also watch international movies here. These movie halls are well furnished and with the VIP features, it will give you an amazing experience of Panama hospitality.
You can even do your grocery shopping from these malls. If you are a fan of home-cooked meals and prefer this over restaurant food then you can buy the necessary items from these grocery stores here. These malls are one-stop destinations for all your needs so make sure to use your money and time wisely. In Panama, you will not be able to see the waste of any goods as the people here know how to use things and utilize their maximum value. You will rarely find any thief store or a second-hand store in Panama.
There are few stores that sell second-hand products, it’s basically a store created by the rich people who have lots of stuff to sell which is in good condition. These shops sell goods at a very attractive price which will help you to save some money. These shops have their official online website from where you can buy goods and get them delivered to your doorsteps in Panama only. You will find almost every item here from clothing to household goods and
The whole world is facing problems with non-degradable wastes. Panama is also facing such difficulties with an increase of wastage in the country. The people of Panama are aware of the situation and they are cooperating with the government to reduce the amount of waste generation and start recycling the goods. People are opting for eco-fashion where all the materials of products are made of organic products and the raw materials of these products can easily be grown and reusable.
You can find multiple shops here selling recycled goods at a very low price. From your end, you can reuse the plastic bags and bottles as much as you can. Being an eco-friendly traveler you should try to find ways of recreating new things from old stuff.
The amount of waste generated in this country is very huge and it is situated near the coastal areas which gives an opportunity for the disposal of waste into the ocean. Panama cities are highly affected by these wastes; they create hurdles in the development of the economy of the country. These wastes are a threat to the health of the people in Panama. To avoid the divesting situation the government has taken several measures where they are appealing to the public to reduce the amount of waste generation.
You should try to use the goods wisely and recycling old goods can be very helpful in decreasing the amount of waste generation. Your favorite destination should stay pollution-free and as charming as you are witnessing it right now. In order to do that you will have to take responsibility for your own goods. Try to travel the country without harming the natural balance of the country. In order to do this, you should use eco-friendly products more than anything else. These small steps can lead to a better future.
Work and Study Abroad
If you are willing to study in Panama then the very first thing which is required is a student visa. The department of education has issued few guidelines for the foreign students here, you are eligible to study at Panama university only if you are enrolling yourself in full-time programs or courses. The private colleges for higher education have costly fees which are again fluctuating because of the increase in the numbers of the higher education institutes here. The public universities are providing more facilities to the foreign students here in terms of the total cost of the study.
The tuitions in public universities are free of cost. Panama has vast job sectors including national and multinational companies. You can transfer to the other branch of your current company which is in Panama (if any), it is the easiest way of getting a job here. You can apply to the multinational company here or even in the NGOs. You can also look for online jobs here in the teaching fields etc. The cost of living in this country is average, and the lifestyle of the locals is very interesting. This place is surrounded by the beautiful scenery and sceneries of nature which can make it a perfect place to stay for a long time.
An exchange student is the most common way of getting admission to foreign universities. If you are willing to study in Panama then make sure to have your student visa as this is mandatory. There are so many prestigious institutes in Panama that have a link with the other universities of different countries. There should be a link between the two institutes of different countries to apply for an exchange student program.
If your current college is associated with Panama university then you can apply to your college so that they can nominate your name for higher study in Panama. You can check with the help of the internet about the different programs that are conducted by the Panama university for a foreign student accordingly you can apply. There are multiple benefits for the foreign students in Panama so you can easily get adjusted to the environment.
Au-pair is very common in Panama and there is a large section of people who are engaged in this work. For travelers, it’s a very good tactic to live in this country before getting a proper job. Au-pair doesn’t require any educational knowledge; it just needs the household skills. You need to take care of the house or the babies and in exchange, the owner will give you a room to stay, food to eat, and also grants some pocket money.
This whole procedure takes time, so you should apply for it earlier so by the time you reach Poland, you have a house to stay. You should be very careful while choosing a perfect house for yourself as you are completely new to the city. Choose a highly rated organization to find a proper house.
Volunteering at your favorite destination is the best you can do to protect the environment. English is the common language which is used all over the world, and with the help of this, you can volunteer for courses where speaking skills are required like some educational courses. There is always a lot more to do, you can choose according to your preference. It will allow you to know the culture of the city.