Eco-friendly travel guide to Swansea advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom.
- Air quality: 4 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 4 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 3.5 / 5
- Public transportation: 3.5 / 5
- Parks: 3.5 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 5 / 5
- Safety: 4 / 5
- Accommodation: US$65 - $120
- Budget per day: US$140 - $260
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Swansea, just as its name it is a home of different species of swans. Swansea is one of the largest cities in Wales. Nightlife on the winding street and SA1 area is a must-visit place in the city. The city is famous for tones of things among which the beaches are the topmost priority for any visitor here. It is named as the most beautiful beaches in the world are in Swansea. The national park and mountains are another good reason to visit the city. The city is very cool and vibrant and the hospitality of the Welsh people will definitely make you feel like visiting this city again and again.
Swansea is the birthplace of the famous Welsh poet and writer named Dylan Thomas, his work is appreciated by people all over the world. There are a lot more to witness in this beautiful city of Wales. You can always start from the national park of the city. Don’t forget to follow simple guidelines to fulfill your duty as a responsible traveler. Here are the lists of things you can do in the city.
- To be a responsible traveler you should always opt for ways that help the environment. Consider using electric scooters or bicycles to cover the central areas of Swansea.
- The inner city can be traveled by walking. You can plan your trip accordingly so that it can help you to fulfill your duties as a traveler.
- Try to visit local places for food and stay to support the economy of the country. It’s a great way to fulfill your duties as a responsible traveler.
- There are so many green parks which you can visit while staying there. You can enjoy the beauty of nature with fresh air.
- Try to travel through local transport as much as possible to show your support to the locals. Local buses, trams, railways can be the best options.
- Choose green hotels for your stay in Swansea. It will help you and the city to stay pollution-free.
- Try to have your meals in local restaurants. Street foods of Swansea are very famous among travelers. You can try these local street foods as well.
Air Quality and Pollution
The quality of the air in the city has improved a lot. You can easily roam around the city without any mask or precaution. There is no observed location in the city that has exceeded the pollution levels. For the past few years, this city has been considered as the city with no pollution. The infrastructure of the city is very dynamic and the pollution management is very strict about the laws and regulations. Heavy goods vehicles are not allowed on the roads of the city and the management has also removed the speed bumps which is very helpful in the traffic management.
Hence you can leave your worries at home regarding the air quality of the city when you are planning to visit Swansea. It took a lot of hard work and dedication of the management of the city to reach this point. This is one of the biggest reasons why people all over the world want to spend their vacation in Swansea. The city is not only offering a great environment but also various tourist spots which are only available in Swansea.
Respect the Culture
The cultural highlights of the city are very fascinating and there are several places to prove that. The city is full of festivals and you should definitely attend at least one of them. The international Jazz festival is very famous among the travelers and locals here and you should definitely attain this festival. Swansea museum and Dylan Thomas center are a must-visit place in the city. The culture of the city lies in these places only. The liberty stadium and the national waterfront museum is the most crowded place of the city. Your entire trip is incomplete without these places in the city.
Swansea is the most popular city in the United Kingdom. It is often considered as a city and country both. The total population of the city is 244,500 and it is one of the fastest-growing cities in the world. The perfect combination of modern waterfront location city with a mixture of traditional culture. The lifestyles of the locals nearer to the coastline will definitely make you feel like visiting this place again and again.
Top 10 Places to Visit
Swansea is one of the best cities in Wales where people from different parts of the world like to visit. It is because it has some wonderful places which can live up to your expectations. So here are the names of those places which you have to visit if you go to Swansea.
- Oystermouth Castle- This castle is beautiful and resurrects the history of the early ages which is very valuable. You have to get a fair idea about it because you will find it only in your history books. Therefore, just try it out and see something which you might have never seen before.
- Clyne Gardens- A botanical garden where you can get some lovely flowers and plants. They have a very nice smell and you cannot forget them in any manner. So carry a camera with you and take their pictures to make them your thoughtful memories.
- Swansea Castle- You can say that this place was once a residence of the British government officials. If you want to know about their contributions then visit here as soon as possible. Never miss this opportunity because it may not come on your next trip.
- Taliesin Arts Centre- It is a center which comprises of theatre, cinema hall and some interesting exhibitions of cultural events. They are fabulous and always give you a feeling of wow. Just go for it and you will find something very extraordinary.
- St Mary's Church- An Anglican church where you can visit and wish for the best thing. Here if your wish is from the true heart then one day it will surely come true. But if you miss it today then tomorrow you may feel very bad about it.
- Grosvenor Casino- For all those casino lovers out there just get ready to play an exciting game of poker and blackjack. After playing it you can win some prizes which are beyond the levels of your expectations. In other words, people refer to it as more than enjoyable and fun-loving.
- Swansea Mosque & Islamic Community Centre- It is the finest mosque where you can pray in front of your Allah. Besides praying the devotional songs of this place becomes a point of attraction for everyone. So this place is a must-visit for you and all the other tourists.
- Carrot Pond- The shape of this pond is like a carrot where you can get to see some fishes. Take some food with you and you can feed them with pleasure. Although many people say that it is boring but you have to come here and make your own decision.
- Kilvey Hill- A hill from where you can have some nice scenic views which will leave you awestruck. So instead of thinking anything, you can have its exposure because it gives you a worthy experience. It can fulfill your dreams and convert them into a reality very soon.
- Quadrant Shopping Centre- Last but not least, is to visit this shopping mall and buy some clothes and fashionable wear. They are available at a cheaper price over here and you can easily afford them. So try them for once and discover yourself in a very new avatar.
Now when it comes to exploring the city of Swansea then what will you do? The answer is simple: you have to visit some parks and museums which are too different. So in this part of the article, we will tell you about the parks, museums and some other places.
- Brynmill Park- This park is the leading example of greenery as it has some better green spaces. Visit here for a family picnic and you can spend some precious moments. It will be your whole life memory and you would be eager to narrate it to your friends.
- Rosehill Quarry Community Park- There was a time when here rock mining was done but today it is a park. You can come here for a long walk and get to feel a very nice atmosphere. The moment you do it you will get rid of all your pains and depressions.
- Cwmdonkin Park- The ambiance of this place is calm and here you can visit at any time of the day. It also offers a children's playing area where your kids can play outdoor games. Bring your kids over here and give them loads and loads of happiness.
- Victoria Park- There is not so much information about this park but people say that it is meant for playing football. Try a football match over here and you can score goals after goals. And remember this thing that missing this place is another name of foolishness.
- Gower- This place is famous for some pine trees and grasses which entices the majority of the people. Rather than having any second thoughts you can visit here and see a new thing. And it is guaranteed that after doing it you would want to give your positive reviews.
- Singleton Park- It is the largest park which covers half of the city area. Here you will get a lake which is filled with some ducks and ducklings. They are attractive and people love them to the fullest. Miss it at your own risk and tomorrow you will definitely feel bad about it.
- Bishop's Wood Local Nature Reserve- People of the city call it a forest but in simple words, it is a park. And nowadays it comes in the A-listers category which cannot be easily refused. So visit this place for once and if you still find it boring then give up your hobby of traveling.
- Swansea Beach- The water of this beach is pure and you can have a bath over here. It is enjoyable and can give you a very different type of thrill. In the beginning, you may not find it interesting but later on, you will understand its value thoroughly.
- Caswell Bay Beach- It is a very sandy beach and here you can find some seashells and corals. They are good for your house collection and can be used as a decoration. Do not have any questions because exploring it vividly will give you a fine adventure.
- Swansea Observatory- It is the main landmark which is located in the heart of the city. Here you can come and take a selfie with your family. After this thing, you can upload it on Facebook and get more than hundreds of likes.
- National Waterfront Museum- Do not go by its name because it is a museum that is responsible for promoting the city's cultural heritage. Here you will get knowledge about the significance of the city and know about its formation. Have its tour and you will get absorbed in it so much that you would never want to return back.
- Swansea Museum- This museum is a tribute to all those martyrs who sacrificed their lives during the war period. So here you can see collections of their guns and ammunition which were used by them. You might not be a lover of these places but after exploring it you would be fond of them.
Swansea is a place for the culinary adventurer. The city is full of flavors in terms of variation in the foods. You can try the most famous dish which is also the staple food of the city curried goat with peas and rice. The chunks of meats will melt in your mouth and the authentic flavors of the spices will definitely suit your taste buds. You can also try the very famous salt marsh lamb which is generally served with leeks and cockles. A Chinese potato dish is something you should have here as it is the most preferred British dish in the city.
Shredded potatoes mixed with spices and herbs, which come in variations. There are a lot of foods that this city has to offer to travelers. You can take the help of the internet to find a good place to eat at your nearest location. Street foods are the heart of the city and it is best to have them from the local street stalls. These foods are available at every corner of the city, you can try the burgers and fries which come in a bucket full of melted cheese and mayonnaise. Grilled hake is also a very famous food in the city. The cost of the food here is affordable and easily available at every restaurant and local places.
Traditional Local Restaurants
Swansea cuisine is very famous as it carries all types of dishes from vegetarian meals to non-vegetarian dishes. The city is full of variation which gives an opportunity to choose a perfect one according to your taste. Your trip to Swansea is incomplete without a meal in this famous traditional restaurant of the city.
- Sichuan Savour – Sichuan Savour is a Chinese restaurant in Walter road. The menu is very large with a variety of dishes. From the spiciest food to the less spicy meals this restaurant has all of it. The service is very fast and friendly. The locals are very fond of this place as the prices of the foods are very cheap and the service quality is very good. The portions of the meals are very appropriate. Home delivery is also available so you can order the foods at your place as well. Crispy shredded beef in chili sauce is the spiciest food here which you can try if you love spicy foods.
- Gigi Gao’s Favourite Authentic Chinese – It is situated in the maritime quarter, marina, anchor Ct. This place is perfect in all aspects whether it’s about fooding, services, atmosphere, interiors, etc you can call it a value for money kind of place. The menu has a separate section with vegan and non-vegan items. This place is perfect for food lovers and who want to experiment with the foods. This place is generally very crowded so you should book in advance to reserve your seats. This restaurant has its official website so you can even order food at your place.
Vegetarian and Vegan
If you are someone who prefers vegan foods more than anything then this city has something special for you as well. There are multiple places where you can have a perfect vegan meal.
- Pant-y-Gwydr restaurant – It is situated in Oxford street. They have an excellent menu for vegan dishes that you can enjoy. The fresh foods and the variety of wines will definitely make your day. It is the most famous French restaurant in the city with an excellent breakfast menu. This restaurant is a perfect combination of great food and affordable prices.
- Lotus – This is situated in the icehouse king street. The specialty of this restaurant is Thai foods. The foods are very delicious and the location is very cozy as well. The interiors of the restaurant are very eye-catching and picturesque which will definitely blow your mind. The service is very quick and the staff is very friendly. The restaurant is situated at the sides of the tawe river which gives a very positive view and beautiful scenery.
The street foods here are a mixture of different cuisines. You will get a variety of options when it comes to foods here. Cooked breakfast is a very popular and quick meal which is loved by the locals and travelers a lot here. You should try these foods from the local shops of the city; the true culture of the city can be experienced through these street stalls of the city. You can try the famous street foods here that include burgers, French fries, sausages, pizzas, etc. There are vegan options also available that include vegan sausages, French fries, vegan pizzas, vegan burgers, etc. The street foods are available at the local shops and famous restaurants of the city as well.
Sparkling wine or sparkling Blanc de blanc is very famous in the city and it is made up of chardonnay grapes and it is available at every party in the city. Whiskey is another alcoholic beverage that is famous and highly consumed by the locals and travelers. Single-malt Madeira-finish Welsh whiskey is the most famous whiskey which holds a position in the international whiskey competition. There is a lot more variety in alcoholic drinks in the city. All the pubs and restaurants are fully loaded with the common alcoholic drink where you can try.
Varieties of teas are very common drinks in Swansea. You can get it at any shops or stalls. Organic single variety apple juices are the second most-consumed drink in the city after tea. There are a variety of soft drinks in different flavors available in the city. Some of the flavors are very rare and not available at any other places. Exotic fruit drinks are also very popular; you can either get a freshly handmade drink from the shop or canned juices of your favorite flavor. Freshly brewed coffees are available at cafes or restaurants. Hence there are4 variety of options to choose from and you should try all of them when you are in Swansea.
The quality of the water is very good and tap water is drinkable here. The water supplies here are regularly tested and afterward, it reaches the reserves of the locals. The prime objective of the management is to make drinkable water available for all the consumers in other words at every corner of the city. The quality of the tap water is so good that there is no need of installing any extra devices to clean the water at your home.
The locals generally consume tap water here and it is very rare to find a house with water purifiers. You can carry your own bottles to avoid pollution and you can refill your bottles from any stores or local shops here. The outer areas of the city are not guaranteed so you can use filter water there and most of the big restaurants and hotels have the facilities of providing filtered water so you can switch according to your needs.
- Crumbs Kitchen – It is situated in Gwydir Square. This place serves the best vegan breakfast with more beans and mushrooms. Café Americano and a chocolate brownie are the most served drinks here. The café is generally situated on the street so the dining areas are open roof near the street which enhances the ambiance. Good sections of the menu and friendly staff will make your breakfast mood even brighter. The varieties of coffee will definitely suit your taste buds and you can even customize your orders here. You can enjoy your morning coffee while enjoying the beautiful view of the city.
- Canteen 18 – It is situated in Brynymor Rd. There are a lot of dishes which are quite famous among travelers here. If you want to have a perfect meal then you can try this café / restaurant. Ribs in Barbeque sauce is something you should definitely try here. This place serves both vegan and non-vegan foods so you can even try the bean chips here which are very healthy and tasty. The place is generally filled with locals so you can book a seat for yourself if you are planning to have an evening snack or dinner here
- Boss Brewing Co - This place serves the best-crafted beer. It has a very good ambiance and aura. The platters are marvelous and the ambiance is so peaceful and relaxed. This place is always filled with the locals. The food is also very good and highly rated by the customers. You are going to fall in love with foods and chilled crafted cold beer. They have varieties of food to satisfy your taste buds. Prices are also affordable. You will find the best quality beers here.
- BeerRif Brewing Co– It is situated in pilothouse wharf this place has wide sections of beers to choose from. You can choose this place for casual dining with a group of friends. All the staff here are very skillful, they know how to bring the best out of the best. And the quality of the food and beer is outstanding. This place serves the best Variety of beer menu. It is always crowded or filled with locals and tourists.
- BrewDog Swansea– A great café on the Adelphi, wind street. You can never go wrong with this café while ordering anything from this place. The vegan platter is very popular. This place serves freshly made beers though the foods and beers are a bit expensive as compared to the other places but worth it. The steak with mashed potatoes is their best seller. This place serves the best beer and steak in Swansea.
- Copper – It is in castle st. This place is famous for its quality foods and services. The interiors of this place are very attractive. This café allows music artists to perform. With live music and a cozy atmosphere, this place will surely lift your mood. They have their own beers which are quite popular amongst the locals and tourists. If you want to have a simple meal with beer on the side then this the best affordable place to dine out. This place comes with limited choices of beers but the taste is good. Add a harp bar to your bucket list, whenever you are visiting Swansea.
There are a lot more things to do in Swansea for free and you can start with Gnoll Estate which is a beautiful park on the fairyland road. You can do some fun activity here like playing badminton or you can just spend some time with your loved ones. There are different food stalls available in the park from where you can buy some snacks and there is a pond inside the garden where you can see some ducks.
You are allowed to feed them as well. Abbey ruins, national waterfront museum, etc there are a lot of things in the city which needs your attention. Swansea Museum is a must-visit place when you are in the city. You can witness a lot of things here including historical transport, art, Swansea history, an exhibition on the Great War. It can be your best option to admire the culture of the city through these museums.
Yoga and Retreats
You can take a break from your daily chaos and enroll yourself in yoga classes for a few days. It will help you to relieve stress and make you relaxed. Your body needs relaxation from all the traveling chaos you have made so far, it will prepare you for your next destination. Swansea is filled with yoga centers with different styles that suit everyone. You can also book online classes which are relatively low prices as compared to the studios but the atmosphere in a perfect well-furnished studio is something different which you will not find anywhere else. You can choose according to your preference.
Swansea is considered the best holiday destination for family and friends. The accommodation structure of the city is very charming as the infrastructure of these lovely hotels and lodges are designed to attract travelers. All the accommodation facilities in the city are very up to the mark, you can definitely find something that suits your budget. If you are a student then you can get options like hostels or guesthouses for longer stays.
Apartments are available for people who are planning to stay in the city for a very long time. Hotels and lodges are available for travelers who are willing to stay in the city for a day or two. The city has a lot of options with variations for the travelers. You can take the help of the internet to choose a perfect place for staying in the city.
Green hotels are getting popular nowadays with the excellent features of the hotels and the nature of these hotels is to provide you a better environment. You can choose to stay in green hotels in Swansea as well. It will allow you to stay close to nature and these hotels are best in recycling goods and resources. The hotels have all the facilities like any other hotels in the city. These hotels will help you to reduce the amount of waste generation. Most of the green hotels in the city are surrounded by the beautiful sceneries of nature, nearest to the beaches where you can get the fresh air. Some of the best green hotels with the best views in the city are as follows.
- Travelodge Swansea Central
- Dragon Hotel
Hostels and Guest Houses
If you are planning to study in Swansea then hostels are best for you. Hostels are well designed in order to give a perfect environment to the students who are coming from different corners of the world to study in Swansea. The hostels will provide you all the necessary facilities which include an attached cafeteria, playroom, playground, etc. When it comes to guest houses, it is mostly preferred by the people who are working in Swansea.
If you are one of them then you are most welcome to the city as the city has the best facilities for all types of travelers. Guesthouses near the beaches with lovely infrastructure and breakfast facilities are easy to find here. If you want some cozy type of guest house near the quiet places of the city then again there are options, you just need to choose a perfect one for yourself. Here are some best hostels and guesthouses in Swansea.
- Swansea bay hotel
- Leonardo’s Guesthouse
You can live in an apartment on a rental basis if you want to stay in Swansea for more than three to four months. It’s like a second home in an unknown place and there are multiple options in almost every area of the city. Apartments in Swansea are very well constructed and it will give you an option of cooking your meals by providing an attached kitchen in the apartments. You can share your apartment with other travelers as it will allow you to share the rents as well. Most of the apartments are nearer to the office area and the market place so that you can easily roam around. Here are some best apartments in the city.
- Marina and SA1 Properties Ltd
- Bay Apartments
- Waterfront Apartments
Couchsurfing is a community of travelers that helps other travelers when they are visiting each other’s hometown. It allows you to stay in the house of the people and they will provide you food as well. You can take the help of couch surfing to stay in a house for two to three days as it is not meant for longer stays. By doing these you can learn about the culture of the city and the native language of the people, you can also gather information about the best places to visit. Couchsurfing is a modern way of traveling which is loved by travelers all over the world.
Swansea has beautiful campsites whether you want to spend it near the beaches or the hills, the city has all the facilities for its travelers. You will get a luxury safari tent on the hillside camping in Swansea. Most of the campsites have parking facilities and all the essential things required. Some of these sites are pet friendly as well; stunning sites of these camps in Swansea will definitely light up your mood. Camping is the best place to get some fresh air, clear your thoughts, and enjoy the beauty of nature.
How to Get There
There are several options of reaching Swansea and the city is blessed with all the travel modes you can think of. The fastest way of reaching the city especially if you are traveling from a different country is through airways. The inner part of the city can be traveled by renting a car or bike; you can also use public transport to travel the small areas of the city. Ferries can be used to explore the areas nearer to the river. Opt for chargeable cars and public transport to minimize the effect of pollution and it is your duty as a responsible traveler.
Swansea airports are well maintained and highly designed. There are regular domestic and international flights which allow you to have a smooth journey according to your preference and time. Traveling through airways can be a bit expensive but it is the fastest mode of reaching your desired location. The facilities provided in the airports are very good; you can get a lot of travel agencies here which allows you to plan your rest of the trip. There are food corners for the travelers; you can have a bite there while waiting for your flight. The securities are very tight in the airports so you don’t have to worry about your luggage at all. You can check with the airlines regarding the prices of the tickets.
Buses are the most commonly used here not only by travelers but by the locals as well. Public transport in the city covers the maximum areas. There are regular buses that run in every part of Swansea. The outer areas are also covered through this public transport. There are several bus stations among which the main station which is in the middle of the city has the maximum facilities. You can get easy access to the restaurants, theater, marina, beaches, etc. There are regional buses and national express which are for the other cities of Wales. You can travel the entire city through buses here and the other cities as well. The tickets prices are very cheap and easily available online or direct from the stations.
The train is directly linked to the center of the city. There are regular train services for the local stops or the other cities of the country. You can even get a direct train to London and Manchester from Swansea. The train station is very neat and clean. There are a lot of facilities for the passengers as well. You can have your meals or snacks at the cafeteria while waiting for your train or after reaching the city. The buses in cities will leave you near the station gate, no matter from where you are boarding. There are accessible toilets and a ticket counter as well.
Hitchhiking is getting popular in Swansea as people love to challenge themselves while traveling. It is the most adventurous and thrilling way of traveling, it allows you to make a lot of memories on your way to your desired destination. You just need to find the busiest road from where you can start your journey. The people of Swansea are very cheerful and helpful so you can gather information about the city as well while you are riding. Language can be a problem here but you can communicate in English by breaking the words in such a way that the driver can understand where you want to go.
There are other options available for you in Swansea other than trains and flights. These alternatives are very cheap and popular among the locals as compared to the other means of transport. You can get a car or bike for rent here, through which you can explore the inner part of the city. Apart from these, you can also get a bicycle for rent which will help you to travel the city as well as riding a bicycle to explore the city will keep you fit. So you don’t have to worry about the transportation cost here as the prices are very reasonable and easily available.
You should be well aware of the transport faculties of the city to have a smooth journey. You can choose different modes of transport while traveling the city. You will have to plan the whole transport trip as most of the expenses occur that depends upon the accommodation and the modes of transport you choose. Try to opt for non fuel vehicles which include cycling, chargeable cars, etc. Public transports are the best to travel in any part of the city as it is well connected and you can get options.
The marketplaces and the public places are mostly covered by walking only. You can witness the culture of the city by walking; the street vendors who are selling different kinds of stuff can be seen by walking. National parks of the city can be explored by walking though there are options available for the travelers you can choose to walk as it is better for yourself and the environment. You can explore the market area and do some shopping, for doing this you need no cars or bus. The inner and less popular parts of the city can be explored by walking only.
Renting a bicycle is best for your health and the environment. You can always discover something new while riding a bicycle as you can ride a bicycle in the narrow streets which is not possible with big cars or buses. There are different ranges of bicycles available in the city and you can choose according to your preference.
Chargeable cars are best for travelers in the city as it allows you to stay environmentally friendly. The emission of harmful gases into the air causes lots of problems in the health of the people. Chargeable cars are non-fuel based cars that run on electricity. There are several recharge stations available at every corner of the city so you don’t have to worry about recharging your cars every now and then. Some of the hotels in the city have the facility of providing chargeable cars to travelers, you can check while booking your hotels.
Public buses in the city have a vast network that connects all the areas within the city and outside the city as well. Buses are the most used or preferred means of transport in the city. You can buy the tickets from the stations directly or you can book the tickets online for the longer journeys.
Tram, Train and Subway
Train facilities are very fascinating in the city and it is the most preferred mode of transport in the city. You can get a direct train to London and Manchester. You can know the culture or the lifestyle of the people here by traveling by train. There is no detailed information available regarding the construction of subways and tram facilities in the city.
The quadrant shopping center is the best mall in the city. Choices of shops and brands in these malls are marvelous, there are a number of food shops here selling varieties of items. You can get different kinds of cuisines here from seafood to vegan goods. It can be your one-stop destination for all your needs. You can even visit this place to just hang out with your friends or family. The cafeteria is so big and spacious that you can spend some time while having a cup of tea or coffee here. Parc Tawe Retail Park is another shopping mall in the city which you can visit.
Swansea indoor market is the most crowded area of the city as all the locals gather here to buy their daily household needs. The foods in this market are like a gem which is well hidden in the city. If you are a foodie then the varieties of foods here will make you confused, you will have to decide whether you want to go for the Thai food or Chinese food, it is the toughest choice to make in this food market. It is a paradise for meat lovers and seafood lovers. If you are a vegan then you can also visit this place as there are multiple options for vegan dishes as well. All the foods are freshly prepared with fresh ingredients and the staffs here maintain proper hygiene while making and serving the foods
Flea markets are best to buy local produce. The city is the fastest-growing or developing city in the world; the traditional culture can be seen through the antiques which are sold in this market. Welsh cakes and cookies are the best things you can ever have in this city and you can take some with you as well. You can also find some old paintings or pieces of a forgotten art in this market.
Second Hand Stores
There are multiple second-hand stores in the city. If you want to buy any second-hand gadget then there are options for you in the city. Regenerate Swansea, YMCA Shop, the salvation army, etc are some popular second-hand stores in the city. These second-hand stores have varieties of options available for their customers; you can get old fashioned clothes and accessories as well which have very ancient vibes. All of these items at a very low price.
Eco-fashion allows you to stay stylish and environmentally friendly at the same time. Eco-fashion clothes and other usable items are made of such materials and methods which are not injurious to the environment. These kinds of stuff are easy to maintain and reusable. Swansea is a city where you will find more of these types of clothes and accessories rather than regular things which cannot be reused. You can take a tour of the local shops here selling these types of clothes and accessories and buy something for yourself and for your loved ones.
Instead of throwing clothes and other household items after using them a while, try to recycle them as much as possible. Recycling is very beneficial for the environment and the community. If you are not someone who loves to recycle old stuff then you can donate it to the poor and the needy here. The government has taken several measures here to create awareness among the people about recycling; you can also fulfill your duty as a responsible traveler by taking part in it.
The waste generation of this city has reached up a level where precaution is a must. The government has introduced several plans which are followed by the people living here to control the amount of waste production. You should also take part in such activities and follow the guidelines of the government; this is the best way to fulfill your duty as a responsible traveler.
Work and Study Abroad
There are multiple benefits of studying at Swansea University; students even get benefits from the multicultural dual campus which creates an opportunity to gain skills that stays with you forever. The cost of living in the city for the students is also very affordable. Working opportunities in the city are very vast so if you are planning to work in Swansea then you should definitely try for it. Due to the unique location of the city, mountains or beaches are not far away no matter where ever you live in the city.
Exchange students can be a great option for people who can’t afford to study in different universities from any foreign country. You will have to check with the colleges of your home town whether they have a partnership with La Serena university or not. Afterward, your home university will have to nominate your name to get selected at Swansea University.
Au Pair can be a very good option for you to stay in a different location if you are new to the place. This allows you to stay in the homes of the locals in exchange for some household work you will get a place to stay and foods to eat.
Volunteering can be a very good idea if you want to keep your favorite destination clean and pollution-free. Try to volunteer for teaching, cleaning, and other works in Swansea.