Eco-friendly travel guide to Vanuatu advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to travel in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Vanuatu, Oceania.
- Air quality:3.8/ 5
- Bus connections: 3.5 / 5
- Train connections: 2.7 / 5
- Hitchhiking: 3.8 / 5
- National parks: 3.7/ 5
- Outdoor activities: 3.9/ 5
- Locals' English level: 3.3 / 5
- Safety: 4.0 / 5
- Accommodation: US$56 - $128
- Budget per day: US$73- $152
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 Regions
- 11 Cities
- 12 Getting There and Moving Around
- 13 Sustainable Shopping
- 14 Recycling
- 15 Work and Study Abroad
- 16 See Also
Vanuatu is a collection of a large number of small islands. It has a total of around 80 islands within its boundaries. As with most of the pacific islands, there are many forests and tropical beaches so that you will find all the snorkeling, diving, hiking, and jungle trekking activities. Vanuatu has a population of 250,000 people within its boundaries and over 50 spoken languages. It's a culturally diverse island that attracts a large number of foreign visitors annually. The island is a former French colony hence has some elements of French culture. Its immediate neighbors include Fiji and Australia. Over 70 % of the population are protestants, while the other 30 % carry roan catholic and customary beliefs. The major languages spoken include Bislama, English, French, and more than 100 local languages. The Vanuatu people's main economic activity is subsistence farming, where they plant cotton, maize, coconuts, and rare cattle. The residence of this area are welcoming and super friendly.
Air Quality and Pollution
By the world health organization guidelines, the quality of air in Vanuatu is moderately unsafe. The leading cause of air pollution in this island is waste burning, traffic congestion, diesel generators, and slash and burn agriculture. The regional governments continuously improve quality by establishing incentives that promote pollution control technologies, reducing Sulfur content in petrol and diesel, and renewable energy. According to IQAir, the air quality index of New Caledonia is 53AQI which is relatively unsafe for people with breathing problems like asthma.
Respect the Culture
Vanuatu is among the most culturally diverse countries globally. There are more than 100 different cultures and languages in this region. Ceremonies, dances, artistic styles, animal and crop farming in this region vary from island to island. The significant population comprises small communities like British, French, New Zealand, Vietnamese, Australian, Chinese, and other popular pacific island settlers. The people here have no common language; hence no language is written, making storytelling and songs paramount. The significant foods in the islands include root crops such as yam, manioc, and taro. Seasonal fruits like breadfruit are also prevalent in the region. Most of the residents on this island live in rural areas, mainly in small clan-based villages with less than 100 people, and are headed by a chief. In these village setups, a chief is an influential person, and his word is the law. While visiting these rural areas, please know the land rules and be respectful of sacred places.
Top 10 Places to Visit
Vanuatu has trendy places to visit and have fun. You will find sugar-white beaches, bubbling volcanoes, remote waterfalls, coral reefs, and sweeping volcanic ash plains while here. Natural attractions in Vanuatu are the major tourist attractions in the region. Some of the most imminent places to visit include:
- Mt.Yasur volcano: Mt Yasur volcano is the most open active volcano in the world. It is located in Tanna island, Vanuatu. The peak is approximately less than 15 minutes walk from the car parking region. The experience up the crest is one of the most memorable experiences you will ever have. Some people find the experience fascinating, while others find it frightening. The finest times of the day to visit this place is before sunrise, and an hour or two after sunset, while complete darkness is the absolute thrill. The volcano is also more active during the rainy season and less active during the dry seasons. The site is among the most visited areas of Vanuatu. While here, make sure you take some photos for reference.
- Port villa: This is another popular destination in Vanuatu. It attracts a large number of both local and foreign visitors all year long. It contains a chain of lagoons, off coast islands, and beaches. The place features market places, cafes, waterfront restaurants, and souvenirs. The port villa is among Vanuatu's busiest cities and a wide range of adventure activities, bars, banks, supermarkets, and outstanding restaurants. While in Vanuatu, make sure to visit this city and experience a resident's day-to-day life.
- Luganville: Luganville is the second city of Vanuatu with an extended range of businesses, bars, restaurants, and other shared public facilities. The town attracts many visitors all year long, with most looking for accommodation facilities and luxurious beaches. It's a great place to hang out and experience day to day life of Vanuatu residents.
- Malekula: This is one of the best tourist destinations in this part of the region. It attracts multitudes of both foreign and local all year long. Hiking in the highlands of Meluka is very tiring and highly arduous. There are two major cultural groups in the region, namely big Namnas and small Nambas. The part carries lots of cultural events and ceremonies. It's a great place to learn about the resident's culture and way of life.
- Oyster island: The oyster island is one of the major attraction sites in Vanuatu. The iland receives a large number of both local a dnd foreign visitors all year long. The place features luxurious bungalows and charming units. It has a total of 32 beds that gives a feeling of friendliness and a sensible family vibe. The attendants host several travels, especially to the Mt Hope Waterfall trip. Most of the products used in the restaurants are locally sourced, including oysters. It's a great place to experience the foods in the pacific.
- Tanna: Tanna is among the most popular tourist destinations in Vanuatu. The place receives a large number of both local and foreign visitors all year long. Tanna is also home to some magnificent beaches, the world's most open operative volcano, and some wonderful traditional rural life. Mt, yasur in Tanna also has some beautiful landscape that offers vast rain forest, mountains, blue holes, coffee plantations, and waterfalls. Its cities include Lenakel, a variety of shops, a town market, and a hospital. The place is also easily accessible via public transport.
- Epi: Epi is a significant tourist destination in this part of the region. It is located on a 40 minutes flight from port vila.epi offers a wide range of activities, including snorkeling, swimming, and scuba diving. There is also plenty of marine life, mostly turtles and fishes. It's a great place to visit on weekends and holidays.
Millennium cave. The millennium café is also a significant tourist attraction in Vanuatu. It attracts many visitors all year long. to get to the cave, you will pass along some thick forests with bamboo bridges. The cave is 20m wide and 50 meters high. It is located 15 kilometers from Luganville, which is about 15 minutes drive or 40 minutes walk. To enjoy the day, take a guide with you.
- National Museum of Vanuatu: The national museum of Vanuatu is one of the main tourist attractions in the region. It is located a few minute's walks from the parliament offices. The museum features an extensive collection of ancient artifacts and exhibits. Major artifacts include tam-tam, a group of slit drums, and slit gongs. There are also ceremonial headdresses, outrigger canoes, and shell ornaments. The museum is also home to some fascinating photographic exhibitions. It's a great place to learn about the history of Vanuatu.
- Efate: Efate is among the critical islands in Vanuatu both economically, politically, and industrially. The island features primary public services and some government offices. It is also home t some of Vanuatu's deepwater harbors' most adequate, one being the Havannah Harbor. Efate has one airport hence easing transport for most tourists. While here, make sure you explore its beaches, bays, creeks, and islands. It's a great place to engage in various water sports like canoeing, snorkeling, diving, and jet skiing.
- Loru concervation area: Loru conservation area spreads over 200 hectares and holds one of the last fragments of lowland jungle that remains on Santo's east shore. The place got some great nature walks, a bat cavern, and plenty of coconut crabs. While here, look for a guide to take you through all the fun places. Visiting this place is a great way to spend a weekend.
The island has very many exciting places to visit, learn and have fun there is a wide range of beaches, parks, museums, dining places and many other places you can spend your weekends and holidays. On these sites, there are lots of activities to engage in. Some of the famous, exciting places you can explore include:
- Wet "n' Wild Adventure Park: This is a popular city park located in Port Vila, Vanuatu. The park attracts a large number of visitors all day long. It offers picnic and BBQ facilities, a large playground, walking paths, and a great place to relax and picnic lunch. It is also clean and well maintained, providing an excellent environment for kids to play. The parking is ample and well labeled.
- The Reef Vanuatu Zoological: This a popular destination, especially among kids. It is located a few minutes' drives from Vanuatu city center. The zoo attracts a large number of visitors, especially during weekends and holidays. The place is focused more on conservation rather than the tourism sector. The home features many turtles and other marine animals. It's a quiet place and easily accessible via public transport. The guides are very knowledgeable about the zoo's animals and will significantly help you learn the same.
- Female Park: This is an amusement park located in Port Vila, Vanuatu. The place attracts a large number of both local and foreign visitors all year long. The place is well maintained and great for family visits. The playground is large for kids to have fun. Adults can opt to relax on the benches or jog in the pathways.
- Eden on the river: This is a central national park and tourist attraction area located in Rentapau Efate, Vanuatu. The park receives a large number of local and foreign visitors all year long. The place features some farm animals, a beautiful swimming hole, freshwater fish, crayfish, and crabs. They charge a small fee at the entrance, which is used for maintenance of the park. The local guides are very welcoming and ready to help if the need arises. It's a great place to visit with friends and family during weekends and holidays.
- Nanda blue hole: This a popular tourist attraction area located in Natawa, Vanuatu. The park receives large numbers of visitors during weekends and holidays. It also features some natural blue water pool in a forest setting and some bars and picnic areas. The water temperature is refreshing and ideal for snorkeling and diving. The place is clean and well maintained, with all amenities provided at low prices. It's a great place to visit with friends and family.
- Rockwater marine sanctuary: This is a popular ecological park located at ocean road Ipak bay, northwest Tanna island, Vanuatu. The place attracts a large number of visitors all year long. It is an excellent place for people who love exploring and hikes. There are also numerous tracks for all fitness levels and ages—a great place to hang out with friends.
- Rainbow parrot nature park: This is a popular nature park located in Port Vila, Vanuatu. It attracts a large number of visitors, especially during weekends and holidays. The place is well maintained and great for family visits. The playground is large for kids to have fun. Adults can opt to relax on the benches or jog in the pathways.
- Ambrym volcano: This is the most popular national park in this part of the region. It is located in Malampa Province in the archipelago of Vanuatu. The national park attracts a large number of both foreign and local tourists. The place is considered fascinating but very dangerous. Take care when getting to this place. Visitors are advised to carry a guide with them.
- Louniel beach: Louniel beach is among the most popular in his part of the region. It is located in Tanna island, Vanuatu. It is a fantastic surfing spot with a sand beach set around great shops and entertainment places. The place is full of pubs and restaurants selling greats foods and drinks. There is a perfect space for kids to play and adults to stretch and have fun. It's ideal for friends and family visits.
- Champagne Beach: This is among the most loved beaches in this part of the region. It is located on the island of Espiritu Santo. It features some white sands and blue waters. The beach is mostly famous due to its tranquil waters ideal for swimming. To make sure you get the most excellent spots. Make sure to get there early enough and spend the day on the stunning view. the place is perfect for enjoying yourself with family and friends. The site also has lovely shops with quality foods and drinks—worth a visit.
- Eton Beach: Eton Beach is a famous beach among the swimmers in this region. It is located in Port Vila, Vanuatu. It's a splendid white sandy beach with clear waters ideal for swimming and scuba diving. The beach is home to many water animals, including reef fish, turtles, and other marine species. The place also hosts some incredible restaurants and bars that offer various local dishes at very fair prices. It's a great place to visit with family and friends.
- London beach: London beach is a famous sandy beach located less than 30 minutes drive from port vila. It's a great place with luxurious bungalows. The beach features some calm and clear waters and pure white sands. The waters along the island have long been declared as a marine reserve and are home to wide sealife. Major animals include turtles and colorful fish. There are also many activities to
indulge in, including snorkeling and swimming. The place is also home to some beautiful restaurants where you can grab some food and drink. It's a great place to visit with friends and family.
- Kiss Kiss beach: This is a newly established beach located in Tanna island, Vanuatu. The beach is beginning to attract a large number of visitors, especially during weekends. It features some luxurious restaurants, bars, and spas. The atmosphere, weather, and the environment are super fantastic. It's a great place to visit with family and friends.
- Million Dollar Point: This is among the most prominent landmarks and tourist attraction sites. It is located a few minute's drives from port vila. It's a pacific island beach with rusty world war two united states military hardware and wreckage for scuba diving. The place holds memories of the warriors who fought in the wars. The area also got ample parking space and a small neighboring house for kids to play. It's a great place to explore and have fun.
- Millennium Cave: This is a famous open-air museum in Vanuatu. The place is easily accessible by hiking through the rainforest along with swimming and rock climbing. It's a great place to experience nature at its best. It takes around 7 hours to get there hence very tiring. While going here, always carry some water with you and also some hiking attire. Also, make sure to go along with a guide to get there quicker without straining.
- Nanda Blue Hole: This is not only a great place to visit but also a landmark of the island. It features some natural blue water pool in a forest setting and some bars and picnic areas. The water temperature is refreshing and ideal for snorkeling and diving. It's a great place to hang out with friends and also taking some pictures.
- Cathedral of the Sacred Heart: This is a roman catholic church and a significant landmark in Vanuatu. The cathedral receives a large number of visitors, mainly the roman catholic believers, during religious ceremonies. It is located in port vila, the capital of the island. it's a great place to visit with friends and family.
- Vanuatu National Museum: This among the most visited museums in this part of the region. It receives a large number of both local and foreign visitors all year long. The museum is located in the Vanuatu cultural center in port vila. It mainly specializes in exhibits relating to the history and culture of the many islands of Vanuatu. The guides are welcoming, super friendly, and knowledgeable about the various artifacts in this museum.
- SPWWII Museum Development Office: This is another popular museum located in Luganville, Vanuatu. It attracts a large number of visitors all year long. The place is rich in island history, especially from the second world war. The guides are super friendly and knowledgeable about the history of the world war. It's a great experience for history lovers.
- Michoutouchkine & Pilioko Foundation Art Gallery: This is a famous museum among both foreign and local visitors. It is located in Port Vila, Vanuatu. The museum is attractive and well organized. The staff is super friendly and ready to share any information within their knowledge—a great place to visit with family and friends.
Vanuatu has a wide range of hotels and restaurants offering a wide range of foods and drinks. The eateries range from vegetarian and vegan restaurants to gluten-free options. Most of the restaurants serve breakfast, light lunch, and delicious dinner at favorable prices. While here, try traditional dishes. Primary foods on the island include coconut, fish, sweet potato, taro, and yam. Many foods in this region are expensive since very little is produced in their lands. Most of their foods are imported. The significant arteries include;
- The Stonegrill Restaurant: This is among the most visited restaurant in Vanuatu. It is located a few minutes' drives from the city center of port vila. They offer excellent food which is mostly traditional but innovative. The food is authentic and very delicious. The place is super clean, well-organized, and arranged. Staff is courteous, kind, and ready to help if the need arises. It's an excellent place for a visit with friends and family.
- Pad Thai Port Vila: This is a popular restaurant in this part of the region. It is located in Port Vila, Vanuatu. The restaurant offers both dine-in and takeaway services to its customers. The staff is welcoming, super friendly, and ready to help in case the need arises. The cost of food may not be the most affordable choice for many people, but it's well worth the money. This hotel's foods and services are a top-notch—great place to visit with family and friends during special events.
- L'Houstalet Restaurant: L'Houstalet restaurant is among the most loved restaurants by the locals. It is located a few minutes' drives from the city center of port vila, Vanuatu. It is well decorated with great paintings. The restaurant offers both delivery and takeaway services to its customers. There are a variety of creative meals to choose from. The staff is very welcoming, accommodating, and ready to help in case the need arises. The
place is also located in a quiet area with a chilled atmosphere ideal for relaxing or chatting with friends. It's a great place to come along with your family and friends. They offer great value for your money.
- Cafe Vila: Café villa is a great restaurant located in Nasama resort, Pango road, port vila, Vanuatu. The place is easily accessible via public transport. The food is tasty, colorful, and well presented with flavors and very innovative with only vegetarian ingredients. The place is super clean and with all necessary amenities in the area, and well maintained. Staff is courteous, kind, and ready to help if the need arises. It's an excellent place for a visit with friends and family.
- Chill Restaurant: The chill restaurant is a favorite restaurant among many. It is located in Port Vila, Vanuatu. The restaurant offers a great selection of foods and drinks. The place is clean, well maintained, and arranged. Their foods are delicious and well presented by very welcoming and super friendly staff. The outside and inside are immaculate and orderly. It's a great place to hang out with friends and family.
There are excellent drinking places in Vanuatu. The most popular drinks on the island include tap water, beers, and cocktails. Most of these products are imported; hence you will find them at a higher cost. Local beers include kava which is drunk during ceremonial occasions. The island has many drinking place s and fantastic nightlife.
Tap water in Vanuatu is perfectly safe to drink, although some locals still encourage drinking bottled water. Though drinkable, sometimes the water may be contaminated with chlorine substances. Since there is no general information on WHO's water safety, it's advisable to check from locals and check the locals' water rating in every region you travel to. As a precaution, always drink boiled water or bottled water while on the island.
There are many fun activities you can engage with while in Vanuatu, especially water sports. These outdoor activities help improve physique, the feel-good factor, and improved bonding. The primary activities to engage in while on the island include scuba diving, canoeing, scuba diving, jet-skiing and hiking.
Vanuatu offers accommodation facilities that are clean, neat, and affordable. The types of accommodation facilities available include apartments, luxury lodges, hostels, and guest houses. The accommodation facilities are readily available and at fair prices.
- MG Cocomo Resort Vanuatu: This is a popular health resort located in Port Vila, Vanuatu. The hotel can be easily accessed via public transport and close to shops and restaurants. The staff are very welcoming, helpful and will make you feel comfortable. The rooms are spacious and well furnished, with all amenities included. It's a great place to visit with family.
- Moorings Hotel Vanuatu: This is among the most visited hotels in this part of the region. Its also a 3-star hotel and located in Port Vila, Vanuatu. The rooms are modest and with essential amenities. The rooms feature a restaurant, outdoor pool, dining area, bars, and a spa. The location is easily accessible via public transport. Its premises are clean, neat, and well maintained. The staff is very professional, super friendly, and courteous. They also offer free breakfast to their customers. It's a great place to spend your weekend and holidays.
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu: This is a popular 4-star hotel located in Vassiliki park, port vila, Vanuatu. The hotel features overwater villas, a beachfront resort, outdoor pools, airy quarters, and a spa. The staff is welcoming and offers fast services. The site is clean and well maintained, with all necessary amenities provided. Free assistance in the hotel includes parking and wifi. It's a great place to visit with family and friends.
- Ramada Resort by Wyndham Port Vila: This is another popular 4-star hotel located in Paray, port vila, Vanuatu. The location is a few minute's walks from the government offices. Its premises are clean, neat, and well maintained. The staff is very professional, super friendly, and courteous. It's a great place to spend your weekend and holidays.
Hostels and Guest Houses
- Ranwas Guest House: This is among the famous guest houses in this region; it is located in Ran was Vanuatu. The rooms feature a kitchen, game room, and a TV lounge. The place was sparklingly clean and well organized. The staff is kind, friendly, and ready to help in case the need arises.
- Tanna Ikamir Guest House: This is a popular guest house in this part of the region. The guest house receives many visitors all year long. It's located in bethel village Tanna island, Vanuatu. The rooms are clean and well decorated, with most foods and drinks available on site. The pricing is also very generous, with the staff being super friendly.
- Paulina Guest House: Paulina guest house is trendy among backpackers. Its located in Unakap, Vanuatu. The facilities in this place are clean and well maintained. There is an outdoor pool, clean kitchen, and spacious rooms. The staff is super friendly and ready to help in case the need arises.
- Matevulu Lodge: Matevulu lodge is also among the famous hostels in this part of the region. It is located in Matevulu east coast road Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu. It features some private rooms, modern dorms, and complimentary continental breakfast. The location is conveniently accessible via public
transport. The staff takes care of everything to make sure all clients are comfortable. The owner is very hospitable and kind. Complimentary services include a parking area and wifi.
- Vanuatu Beachfront Apartments: The apartments are among the most popular among backpackers. It is located in mele cove, port vila, Vanuatu. The apartments are clean and well maintained. The rooms are spacious and include a kitchen and balconies plus a hot tub and outdoor pool. The staff is excellent and welcoming.
- Waterfront Quays Apartments: The apartments are trendy among local tourists due to their friendly prices. The apartment is located in Port Vila, Vanuatu. It's a great place close to shops and a few government facilities. The location is also convenient and easily accessible through road transport. The rooms are large, clean, and well organized, with all amenities kept in place. The location is very convenient for those using public transport. The staff is kind and welcoming.
- Pandanus Bay Apartments: Pandanus apartments are located in Port Vila, Vanuatu. The apartment receives a large number of visitors all year long. They offer two-bedroom apartments with kitchens and a hot tub, and a well-maintained outdoor pool close to shops, clubs, beaches, bars, and restaurants. The place offers excellent value for your money.
- Mariner Apartments: Marina apartments are located in a 4-star hotel in Kumul highway, port vila, Vanuatu. The apartments receive a large number of visitors, especially during summers. It features harbor views, a children's pool, adult pools, and a restaurant nearby. The rooms are spacious and well equipped with all the necessary amenities. The staff is fantastic and ready to help in case the need arises. The place is also famous for its comfortable beds and clean beddings.
- Ocean View Apartments and Restaurant: The popular restaurant is located in the lookout restaurant francais, port vila, Vanuatu. They are located in a 3-star hotel with three floors, and each room has a great unobstructed view. the place features some children and adults swimming pools, a bar, and free wifi and parking facilities. The site is clean, well-arranged, and with all necessary amenities included. The staff is also welcoming and ready to help in case the need arises.
Couchsurfing in Vanuatu helps discover unique places that you would never have got to know. The island's residents are welcoming and willing to share their culture with interested visitors. To get businesses to go or people willing to hold you, visit Couchsurfing sites or even connect with people during events, live meetings, or even social media platforms.
Many picnic and camping sites are clean and well maintained in Vanuatu. The camps provide beautiful scenery and other facilities like the playgrounds, parking spaces, toilets, water services. Most picnic sites are free while camping sites require a small fee.
Torres Islands and Banks Islands
Espiritu Santo and Malo
Pentecost/Pentecote, Ambae and Maewo
Malakula, Ambrym and Paama
Shepherd Group and Efate
Tanna, Aniwa, Futuna, Erromango and Aneityum/Anatom
Vanuatu has a few significant cities which hold most of its major economy. Most of these cities are in the form of villages due to their small sizes and few populations. They mostly have some shops, restaurants, accommodation facilities and government facilities. The government facilities include banks, hospitals, and schools. The city governments are responsible for managing and controlling how these facilities run in their regions. The major cities in this region include Lakatoro, Saratamata, Isangel, Sola, Port vila, and Luganville.
Getting There and Moving Around
To get to Vanuatu island, you can use both air or water depending on which part of the region. Both international and domestic travel connections are excellent
Air is the most convenient means to get to Vanuatu island. The major international airport is in the capital port Vila. It receives flights from Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, New Caledonia, and the Solomon Islands. The primary flight services include Air Vanuatu that operates domestic flights all over the island, and BelAir, which have lately started to provide similar services.
There are a few main bus networks in Vanuatu. The buses are minivans that can carry around ten people per trip. It is effortless to identify these buses by merely reading the number plate. Most of them usually start with a "B." the locals love the buses because they are cheap and convenient.
There are no rail transport systems in Vanuatu. Residents depend on travel by foot, buses, personal cars, or by motorcycles. The only small rail on this island is ancient and was used during the colonial era.
Hitchhiking in Vanuatu is not restricted, making it one of the traditional means of transport. Though fun, hitchhiking can be tiresome, especially in the hot summer months. Hitchhikers in this part of the region are advised to wear sunglasses and sun hats in summer as a way of protection while waiting for a free ride.
Other modes of transport that get you to Vanuatu include:
- Personal cars
Sustainable shopping mode ensures that everything we buy has health, social, and environmental benefit. Sustainable shopping gives visitors a chance to support the local fabrics, shops, markets, and eco-friendly factories.
Recycling is a beautiful and vital way to keep Vanuatu island clean. Recycling prevents the pollution of air and water bodies. Major recyclable items on the island include plastic bags, plastic bottles, deodorant bottles, old clothing, and batteries. Most of these products end up unrecycled due to a lack of workforce in the region.
The amount of waste collected on the island is still low. Private and public waste collection systems provide limited coverage in rural and urban areas of the island. Most of the waste is burned without proper disposal, which poses considerable risk to the island's residents. The government is working on a project to ensure that all waste is collected and brought together for sorting and later recycling.
Work and Study Abroad
Vanuatu is home to major companies in this region. These companies are a great source of jobs for the locals. Major companies include hotels, financial companies, international companies like McDonald's, and tech businesses.
Vanuatu is home to some of the major universities in the region. The universities majors in finance and tech courses due to the rising demand for tech and financial professionals. Major universities include Talua Theological Training Institute, Vanuatu institute of technology, and university of the south pacific.
Vanuatu residents choose to pick Au pairs from their localities or even from families and friends due to trust issues. Most people who need au pairs are the working class. The residents opt for au pairs who have good skills in English other local languages.
There are numerous volunteer activities you can engage in in Vanuatu to give back to society. Volunteering helps deepen your relationship with the community and also learn about their culture. Volunteer groups, you can join include:
- Marine and nature conservation.
- Teach English as a second language.