Eco-friendly travel guide to Austria advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to travel in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Austria, Europe.
- Air quality: 4 / 5
- Bus connections: 4 / 5
- Train connections: 4.5 / 5
- Hitchhiking: 3.7 / 5
- National parks: 4 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 3.8 / 5
- Safety: 4 / 5
- Accommodation: US$150 - $200
- Budget per day: US$130 - $140
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 Regions
- 11 Cities
- 12 Getting There and Moving Around
- 13 Sustainable Shopping
- 14 Recycling
- 15 Work and Study Abroad
- 16 See Also
Austria is one of the most popular traveling destinations. In a country filled with mountains and music, you will feel symphony around everything. Overall, most travel enthusiasts feel that Austria is a happy country and the reason behind this is the Alpine Peaks and the greenery all around. The magnificent mountains are unimaginably pristine. While some go for spending a lavish holiday in the country, others go for backpacking and focus on spending days in the camps. Travel enthusiasts are of the view that Austria provides a wonderful experience as it is filled with old imperial glory and is an outstanding wine country. Besides, classical music, delicious food, and the art, as well as the culture of the country, will no doubt mesmerize you. Hence, it does not matter whether you are planning for a full luxurious holiday or backpacking throughout the country, Austria has innumerable things to offer. It is a mix of traditional-modern country blended with architectures, religious believes, and military sites juxtaposed across the unparalleled natural wonders. Coming to the city life, you will find a massive vibrancy among the city people. Since the country is quite developed in terms of city life, the security, as well as the wonders, you will no doubt have the best time in Austria. Make sure that your vacation in Austria is quite diverse due to the presence of the rolling hills, crystal clear lakes, as well as ski resorts that will no doubt make your holidays memorable.
Air Quality and Pollution
The air quality in the country ranges from good to moderate and according to verified data, the air quality never crosses the danger line. Want to know how the weather remains good to moderate throughout the year? It is because of the greenery enveloping the country. Besides, the locals of the country are quite concerned about the environmental conditions. Hence, even if you suffer from breathing troubles or serious diseases, you will not face many issues with your health. While millions of people every day fight with the adverse effects of air pollution, you will feel a huge difference in air quality. Austrians are responsible and believe in driving electronic vehicles to lower pollution levels. Apart from that, the government here has come with multiple environmental control programs. Since the country experiences a massive influx of tourists every year; therefore, it is important to keep the country pollution-free. The fresh air, as well as the greenery, will no doubt uplift your mood for sure. Besides, if you have any breathing issues, you will never feel it here due to the moderate climatic conditions throughout the year. Being one of the picturesque countries, thousands of tourists from around the world just to soak in the unbelievable beauty and relaxing atmosphere. However, if you want to be on the safe side, make sure that you are carrying facemasks to avoid any breathing issues if you suffer from asthma.
Respect the Culture
If you are visiting Austria for the first time, make sure that you are researching in detail about the country’s religion as well as the culture, which the locals follow. This is a land-locked country steeped in history. During the 13th century, the Habsburg dynasty rules the country until 1918. The culture is intricately intertwined with the immense love for music as well as nature. The Habsburg imperial family influenced the country and the neighbors actively took part in it to influence the country too. Vienna is the music capital of Europe and as music is given importance here, you will find innumerable music schools in the country. Due to this reason, no matter when you visit the country, you will always find one or another music festival is taking place. Apart from that, as the country is home to the Alps, many outdoor sports are being played here too. From excellent sports athletes to mountain climbers, Austria is packed with rich culture and heritage. As already mentioned, Austria is landlocked, the country that encloses Austria are the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Italy, Hungary, Germany, and others. Hence, you can understand that Austria features mixed religion as well as language. You will notice a diverse culture, religion, as well as languages. Even though the locals here speak the German language, Austrians can speak innumerable languages. Coming to the religion, Austrians enjoy religious freedom; however, the major part of the Austrian population enjoys Roman Catholic believes.
Top 10 Places to Visit
Today we can see that people from different parts of the globe visit Austria for having a better holiday experience. You cannot imagine that the country has some wonderful cities where you can go and have a lot of fun. But when it comes to making your trip more exciting then here are the best places where you need to visit.
- Schönbrunn Palace (Vienna) - This is a lovely palace situated in the city of Vienna and is the residence of the Habsburg rulers. Visit here and go back to the old history, which would say a lot of things about the early ages. If you ever miss it, then you would regret it and have unnecessary frustrations among yourself.
- Ambras Castle (Innsbruck) - People in the city of Innsbruck call it a museum, but in simple words, it is a castle. Here you will get a wide variety of artworks and sculptures made by famous historians. Never miss this place because the opportunity might not come again and again.
- Graz Cathedral (Graz) - Believe it or not, but it is true that it is the oldest cathedral of Graz. It was commenced in the year 1438 and is still famous today because of its architecture. Just come here, and you will love it to the fullest and recommend it to your beloved persons.
- Salzburg Zoo Hellbrunn (Salzburg) - Anything we say about this zoo is beyond words because it is more than wonderful. Here you can find the best animals whom you might not have seen anywhere. Just try it out, and you will get to see something which you have never seen or imagined before.
- Ars Electronica Center (Linz) - It is a center where you will get to know about the significance of modern-day technology in today's world. The center displays some of the best machinery, which are very important and play a crucial role in our day-to-day lives. This is a must-visit destination in Linz which you cannot miss it even for once.
- Planetarium Klagenfurt (Klagenfurt) - There is no doubt about this fact that it is an amazing planetarium where you will experience the shows of planets and stars. It is also called a live experience which can teach you a lot of interesting things. Go for it, and you can see a thing, which was beyond the level of your imagination.
- Salzwelten (Hallstatt) - It is a place where you would get to discover about the salt mine of Austria. You will get its fair knowledge and know some of the prominent things about it. People mostly come here and get absorbed into the history of mining activities.
- GALLERY LISI HÄMMERLE (Bregenz) - An art gallery where you would get the most famous artistic works of Austria. They not only have a presence in Austria but also in the whole world. In the beginning, you might think that it is nothing, but later on, you will understand its relevance.
- Esterházy Palace (Eisenstadt) - You will notice that this palace has some wonderful architecture and sculptures. They were used in the period of those kings who were responsible for freedom. After visiting here, you would know about their contributions and the roles without which nothing would have been possible.
- Schloss Walpersdorf (Saint Pölten) - This castle is a dedication to the Austrian musicians who used to perform with their bands in the 19th century. In their memory, some of the instruments are displayed, and you get brief information about them. Make a double tick of this place and never mark it as a very important one.
Now when we talk about exploring, then you should try out some other places also. They are located in different cities, and you would get a different form of enjoyment after exploring them. In other words, they are some of the city parks and museums without which your trip is incomplete.
- Stadt Park (Villach) - This is a park where you can bring your children and have a lot of fun with them. Here you will get more open spaces, and this is the perfect place to play outdoor games with your children. Rather than having any second thoughts just visit here and experience a better amount of fun.
- Melk Park (Melk) - Without any doubt, we can say that this park is awesome. Here you will get some beautiful flowers and plants which you have never imagined earlier. Take a camera with you and capture their pictures so that they remain as a whole life memory.
- Legendenpark Kitzbühel (Kitzbühel) - This park is good for having a family picnic and spending a nice quality time. Here the atmosphere is friendly, and it would be a time to remember. Do not give it a miss because this is something which is not there in any other cities.
- Waldcamping (Feldkirch) - For all those people who love to go camping, this is the most suitable place for them. It will give you an adventure and make you experience something which you have only thought of in your imaginations. Just give it a try, and you will never have any sort of disappointments or complaints.
- Danube-Auen (Vienna) - If you want to go for a long walk then this park is suitable for you. Visit here during the daytime, and you will enjoy the calm ambiance of it besides walking.
- Rapoldi (Innsbruck) - If you are in Innsbruck and getting bored, then this is the best place. This park has a pond where you would get a few ducks and ducklings. And after coming here, you would feel like narrating your experience to your beloved persons.
- Akademiepark (Wiener Neustadt) - This park is meant for trailing activities as most of the travelers come here for this thing only. Everyone loves it and tells that it is the best holiday destination in Wiener Neustadt. If you still think that it is for saying then before visiting here see the reviews of this place.
- Krotzler (Vienna) - This park is not so famous, but you should at least come here for once. The reason is that it has some wonderful plants and shrubs. No one misses it and feels like some of the best feedback about it.
- Badeplatz am Romaplatz (Vienna) - You cannot imagine that it is the best beach in Vienna which has the saltiest and pure water. Lounge into the water and feel the best thing of your life. But if you miss it, then no one can help you to know anything about it.
- Schleusenstrand (Klagenfurt) - This beach is not for bathing, but you can visit here and get relaxation. People mostly come here to get peace and do not want to return back. You can make a fair attempt of visiting this beach and have its nice exposure.
- Fortress Hohensalzburg (Salzburg) - This fort is based in Salzburg and is situated on top of the hills. The place tells you about how the enemies captured the kingdom of Austria. If you want to know more about it, then just come here and have its nice tour.
- Karikaturmuseum Krems (Krems an der Donau) - In this museum, you will get some modern forms of arts done by Austrian cartoonists and caricaturists. After seeing them, you would feel that they are real and truly exists. Just go through them, and you will never have any complaints or dissatisfaction.
Over years, the unique yet delicious Austrian cuisine has evolved that features some of the delicious and extraordinary dishes. Among all the dishes, the locals mostly enjoy traditional cuisine, and this is something that attracts thousands of travel enthusiasts as well as tourists from around the world. The rich cuisine of the country arose from Austrian history as a multi-national empire. Countries like Hungary, Switzerland, Croatia, Italy, Spain, Holland, and others had a huge contribution as well as influence in Australian cuisine. However, if you think you can enjoy every food in the cafeterias and restaurants, then you are probably mistaking. Uncountable recipes have become obsolete and the ingredients have been washed away as well. The reason behind this is Austria’s melting pot of pan-European cooking, which was introduced in the country post-war. For example, after Turkey invaded Austria gave birth to the coffee culture in the country. Overall.it can be said that the food culture of Austria arose from the influence of the surrounding countries. Hus, fro, Turkish coffee to delicacies of Slovakia, you will get everything here. Besides, the foreign influences in the Austrian cuisine, you will get some delicious traditional Austrian dishes such as the Frittatensuppe that hails from Syria to Speckknodel from Tyrol you will get every dish here.
As already mentioned, the snowcapped mountains and lush green meadows and valleys of Austria gave rise to a picture-perfect holiday location; the dishes you will get here are equally delicious and toothsome to try. Overall, it can be said that the culinary scenario is undoubtedly memorable. The flavorsome delicacies will always tempt you to try out all the dishes, from the traditional to the modern ones. Many travel enthusiasts feel that Austria is a food paradise including the beauty of nature. Coming to the Austrian classics, you will be spoiled by the choices available. After all, we all agree that food is the identity and is a significant part of the sense of belonging. While the British enjoy the scrumptious taste of fish and chips, Austrians love the taste of Wiener schnitzel. Marillenknodel or Apricot Dumpling is one of the most popular dishes that you must try out in Austria. A Chinese fruit combined with sugar matched with the Bohemian way of presenting the dish is something that exactly defines the taste of Apricot Dumpling. Next comes the Wiener schnitzel, a yet another favorite dish of the Austrians. Italian chefs prepare it by frying met in breadcrumbs. The dish has come to popularity since 1857. Overall, Wiener schnitzel is an incomparable delicacy that you must try in Austria.
Linzer Torte, another infamous dish that is popular even beyond the borders of Austria. The name Linz has been taken from the upper Austrian capital. The dish is unique since it is the first-ever cake that appears in a written form. Even though it is a dessert, make sure that you are trying out this infamous dish if you are traveling to Austria. Up next, Sachertorte, which is yet another most popular and proud symbol that Austrians, shows off. A dense, chocolate sponge cake prepared with apricot jam. Topped with semi-firm chocolate icing, this is yet another must-try and you will definitely fall in love with the dish. Don’t know where to find the dish? Almost every bakery in the cities of Austria sells this extremely delicious dish. You can enjoy the cake with black coffee or mélange coffee. Hungarian imports became imaginably popular throughout Vienna and Austria. Austrian Goulash is a hearty beef stew made with tomatoes, paprika, and onions. You must try such a perfect dish if you are visiting Austria during winters.
When it comes to drinks, you will get endless options to try in the country. From traditional country drinks to modern beverages, the handmade drinks made in the country are no doubt special and delicious. For example, from specially crafted energy drinks, alcoholic drinks to the non-alcoholic fruit juices and coffees, which the locals cherish at parties and events, you will get everything. If you want to be experimental, you can even try out the exotic cocktails as well as the wines. Since 1957, Almdudler is one of the most popular fizzy soft drinks, which the locals are in love with. The unmatched flavor of the Alpine meadowland herbs is something that will give a list to your taste buds for sure. Today, Almdudler has finally established as one of the national drinks. The original drink is prepared with grapes and apple juice mixed with thirty-two different herbs.
Elderberry sirup is yet another one of the common drinks that the locals love to enjoy. Made from the extracts of the elderflower blossoms, it sirup is normally mixed for cooking or baking. Besides, you will find Palatschinken with elderberry filling. Next comes strum, which is a new wine that on its way to processing. Strum is made with white or red grapes, and along with it contains alcohol. If you want to try out some of the popular summer drinks, then make sure that you are trying out Spritzer, one of the infamous summer drinks. Besides, Spritzer is an integral part of Austrian culture. It is traditionally made with white wine, soda, and sparkling mineral water. Locals enjoy Spritzer as a perfect thirst quencher and if you want to try the sweet version of the drink, make sure that you are mixing it with lemonade and not soda water. At times, the locals even use red wine to make it even more delicious. Coming to alcoholic drinks, you will get plenty of options. Austrians are a fan of alcohol and irrespective of any occasion, they love indulging in trying out a few of them.
You will come across multiple shops selling packaged drinking water. Alternatively, you can carry your water bottle to be on the safe side. Besides, the locals use water filters inside for drinking water. After all, it is always a good idea to stay away from any disease. Cafeterias are equally special in the country since the locals love indulging in spending some good times with their closed ones and for that, nothing can be better than the cafeterias. Along with the normal cafeterias, you will come across organic cafeterias too. If you are not aware of the cafeterias, then these eco-friendly cafeterias are designed with sustainable and eco-friendly items. Apart from that, the price of the foods available here is quite low, which makes such cafeterias popular. Foods you will get here are quite delicious and are made with healthy ingredients. Coming to the innumerable coffee items, the list is never-ending. Organic cafeterias are undoubtedly one of the best places to hangout. Even if you do not want to spend huge on foods, you can simply try out the innumerable drinks available in the organic cafeterias. The trend of organic cafeterias is increasing since people these days are becoming extremely concerned about the environmental conditions. As the organic cafeterias are designed with environment-friendly items, they look extremely aesthetic. Make sure that you are visiting some of the popular organic cafeterias, especially to try out the coffees.
Keeping aside all the traditional and modern drinks that you will get in the country, you will get other options to try. Since the pollution levels in the country are good to moderate, you can always try out the tap water in case you feel thirsty, especially if you are out on the road. The government has come up with many pollution control programs. Besides, the locals of the country are equally responsible. If you want to avoid tap water, then you can always buy packaged drinking water to be on the safe side.
Austria is a paradise for adventure lovers and if you love indulging in making some outstanding holiday memories, then this can be your aisle to make uncountable memories. From trekking to hiking, you can try out almost everything here. As you have already understood that Austria is one of the most popular holiday destinations in Europe, thousands of tourists from around the world come here to unwind and relax. Both summers and inters are the perfect time to visit the country. Besides, Austria is popular as one of the best and the finest skiing zones. The spectacular mountains as well as the greenery attracts tourists. Even though it is one of the smallest countries in Europe, it is a region filled with upland areas as well as high mountains. Eastern Alps cover almost sixty percent of the territory. Hence, you can understand that you will be getting multiple options to enjoy.
- Visit the Vienna Hofburg- Also known as Austria’s Imperial Palace, it is one of the most iconic tourist destinations in the country. If you are not aware of the fact, then the Hofburg Palace is located in Vienna. For centuries, Hofburg was the birthplace of the monarchy. Habsburgs’ was popular and the most powerful rulers. Together with the innumerable attractive squares as well as gardens, the spectacular Hofburg complex covers 59 acres of land as well as 2600 rooms. If you visit the palace, you will notice the Imperial Silver Collection as well as dining services.
- Explore the Salzburg Altstadt- Salzburg was once a spiritual center from the early age of Europe, it was once the residence of Prince Archbishops. First, you can try out the medieval as well as Baroque buildings, which dominate the Old Town Street in Salzburg. Here you will get numerous small yet beautiful houses as well as spectacular boutique shops. Besides, you can also visit the Viewing Point of Monchsberg. All you can do is go hiking to the top of the Monchsberg. Apart from that, you can even explore the innumerable fortresses that are present at the hilltop. Overall, the view from the hilltop is breathtaking; especially the sunset from the hilltop is unbelievably beautiful.
- Spend a day at Tyrol- Zugspitze Peak is located on the German border. Austrian Tyrol is one of the infamous destinations for those who love viewing mountain landscapes. Another one of the most popular tourist attractions that you will find in Austria is Innsbruck. It is one of the infamous symbols that was built in the year 1500. Decorated with innumerable sculptured reliefs as well as mural paintings. A fiery roof designed with tiles and fire-glided with copper. Make sure that you are visiting the Tyrol if you are planning for a vacation in Austria.
- Plan for a trip in Upper Austria- Austria is divided into two different zones, upper Austria and lower Austria. If you are a sucker for adventure, then make sure that you are going for a hike near the Lake Hallstatter See. It is one of the most popular glacial lake located in the Salzkammergut region. Enveloped by natural beauty on every side, hiking around the day would no doubt make your journey memorable. Another location where you must visit is the Ars Electronica Center. Here you will find wonders of modern technology and its creativity will no doubt mesmerize you.
- Explore Carinthia- This is yet another one of the infamous destinations that you must visit in Austria. Worthersee Lake is a beautiful yet biggest lake that you will enjoy visiting during summer. You can either go for a swim or simply enjoy sunbathing near the shores. If you want some adventure and excitement, include Affenberg Landskron Monkey Park. You will meet here innumerable monkeys that will make your vacation in Austria memorable and fun-filled.
Before you are planning for your vacation in Austria, make sure that you deciding about your accommodation options. It does not matter whether you are planning for a short trip to Austria or along with one, if you do not find good accommodation options, it would be impossible for you to enjoy a relaxing and fun-filled vacation. Although you will get multiple options when it comes to accommodation in Austria from hotels to hostels, guesthouses, and apartments, you will get innumerable options. Even if you have a budget crunch, you will get accommodation too. Since Austria is one of the infamous travel destinations, thousands of travel enthusiasts, as well as tourists, come here to indulge in the picturesque beauty of the country. Apart from that, the Austrian culture is popular throughout the world, which attracts tourists too. From architectural buildings, breathtaking lakes to the bounty of nature, everything makes Austria one of the best vacation destinations. If you are worried that the hotel rates are quite high, then you must not worry.
The rates of the hotels and the guesthouses depend completely on the amenities provided. If you want to take a break from your daily and stressful lifestyle, then make sure that you are opting for the five-star hotels and resorts to wash your work stress away. But, if you are planning for a holiday with your friends, then make sure that you are booking hostels or guesthouses, you will be able to stay comfortably. If you are lucky, you might even meet fellow travelers who are equally interested in knowing the whereabouts of Austria. Alternatively, if you are interested in knowing about the local cultures and traditions, it is best to opt for staying with the locals. As already mentioned, the locals here are quite friendly, they will let you stay with them. However, if you want freedom, then it is best if you opt for booking apartments online. Airbnb is no doubt one of the best places when it comes to booking apartments, hotels, and even hostels. You will get verified rooms and the amenities available here are indeed exciting. Besides, if you have coupons, then you can even get the opportunity to avail great discounts and benefits.
The demand for green hotels is increasing every day since people these days are becoming concerned about the environment. It has become a necessity to control pollution levels throughout the world. These hotels are different from the normal ones in more or less every way. Starting from the amenities you get, location, to the projects, everything is designed in such a way that it turns out to be a sustainable step towards the environment. For example, green hotels utilize solar energy for generating electricity. Apart from that, the greywater treatment is utilized for saving water, which is yet another one of the best options for water treatment and supply throughout the hotel. When it comes to the amenities, the green hotels follow sustainable methods as well as biodegradable materials for the bed linens and towels, so that once they are used, it is easy to dispose of. Another most significant factors, which the green hotels keep in mind is the energy consumption levels.
Green hotels come with in-house renewable energy and sometimes they even purchase from other sources when available. Besides, in-room occupancy controls power consumption, which helps in saving thousands of kilowatts. Apart from that, the hotels even maintain standard room thermostat temperature that eventually helps in saving both heating costs as well as heating costs. Coming to the waste management methods, trash management is a huge problem when it comes to the tourism industries. Apart from that, wastes also affect living creatures. Many green hotels have already worked on reducing as well as reusing the waste simply by generating energy out of it. Food waste is one of the major problems when it comes to hotels. Due to this reason, most green hotels in Austria has teamed up with the local organizations so that the leftover food do not waste. Green hotels are not only responsible for tracking and monitoring the waste but come up with various ways of recycling, reusing, and eliminating waste.
Hostels and Guest Houses
Hostels or guesthouses are one of the best options if you are planning to travel to Austria in groups. Staying in hotels in groups can turn out to be a pricey affair. Due to this reason, it is always a great idea to opt for the hostels or the guesthouses. Besides, if you are interested in spending on exploring every corner of the country instead of hotels, then hostels can be an affordable option. The reason behind this is that the hotels will always end up adding extra costs on the expenses as well as special amenities. Hence, most travel enthusiasts opt for hostels as well as guesthouses. Even though you might not get fancy amenities unlike the hostels, but you can always enjoy a comfortable stay and delicious food. Besides, you will get separate bathrooms, free WiFi, and free parking. If you need fellow travelers with whom you can easily travel around Austria, you will get them in plenty. Traveling with the local tourists is no doubt special since you will be able to be a part of their team easily without facing any difficulties. Also, you will get multiple breakfast buffet options, which is indeed exciting. By now, you might have understood that Austria is filled with extraordinary and picturesque locations that will make your vacation experience undoubtedly memorable. When it comes to the hostels and guesthouses, you will not have to face issues with the time bar and you can go out for exploring every corner whenever you feel like it. Maintaining sustainability as well as environmental conditions is no doubt interesting, and this is something that makes hostels and guesthouses one of the best options if you want to be a responsible traveler.
Yet another one of the best options, if you want to spend vacations on your terms without wasting tones of money on something unwanted. As already mentioned that the Austrians are warm-hearted and always welcome guests with wide-open arms. Due to this reason, it is always a good idea to stay with the locals if you want to know about the local customs, traditions, and the rich cultural background, which people follow here. For supporting tourism, the locals let the foreign tourists stay with them. However, make sure that you are showing your valid documents as well as your id; otherwise, they will never allow you to stay with them. Alternatively, if you want to avoid all these hassles, then you can always opt for other hassle-free options.
Make sure that you are booking the apartments online. Airbnb is one such great place from where you can book verified and clean apartments. Besides, Airbnb offers some outstanding facilities, which you might not get with the local apartments in the cities of Austria. From free WiFi, free parking to free breakfast options, you will get everything here. Besides, if you have coupons, you can also avail of additional discounts. The only problem that you might face is if you visit the country during the peak season, then it might become tough to get rooms. Thus, make sure that you are booking the rooms in advance to avoid any hassles.
Couchsurfing is a popular concept, which almost every country is adapting to gradually. You will come across many Couchsurfing communities throughout the country that you will come across them through online applications. Although the experience of the Couchsurfing communities is quite different than the normal traveling and if you are lucky, then you will no doubt get one of the best traveling experiences with such communities in Austria. However, you have to keep in mind that the Couchsurfing experiences depend completely on the host as well as the surfer. However, the only thing that you can relax about the fact is that with the Couchsurfing communities you will be able to explore Austria in a better way. You have to send a request to the communities and if they accept it, you will be able to stay with them until your vacation ends. The only thing that you have to keep in mind is to make sure that you are checking the reviews of the communities so that you do not have to face issues. After all, staying away from family for long while you are on vacation can be painful. But, with the Couchsurfing communities, you will be able to get family feels. Besides such communities have many knowledgeable people who will let you know everything regarding the country.
If you love adventures, then nothing can be better than going on camping. As already mentioned, Austria is filled with breathtaking natural beauty; you can go on camping with your friends. Besides, if you do not want to spend huge on hotels or guesthouses, then you can plan for camping. Apart from that, vacations should be memorable and enthralling and if you want to take back tones of memories, then nothing can be better than going on camping. Besides, you will wake up amidst nature and greenery, which will no doubt uplift your mood. At the time of booking hotels, you can search whether the hotels have camping facilities. If you want to spice things up and have more fun, then make sure that you are arranging for a bonfire and barbeque. Some of the most popular camping grounds in Austria include Camping Nord-Sam in Salzburg, Camping Bella, Terraces Camping in Traisen, and others.
Getting There and Moving Around
Researching about different ways of reaching a place is important when it comes to vacationing in a completely new destination. Similarly, before you are coming to Austria, make sure that you are finding in-detail about the cities, modes of transportation available, etc. If you love exploring nature, then nothing can be better than Austria. As already mentioned, Austria is filled with innumerable locations to explore; you can always hope that your vacation will be no doubt fun. From flights to the buses and cabs, you can travel to Austria if you opt for any option. In case you are traveling from other countries, then the flight route is the best option. The only thing that you have to keep in mind is to take all the important documents whenever you are traveling to Austria.
Majestic landscapes designed straight away from the fairy tales, Austria is filled with mind-blowing surprises for those who love traveling, especially amidst nature. As it is one of the apt honeymoon destinations, millions of tourists from around the world come here. Almost every country has direct flights to the country, which makes it even easier for planning a vacation. Some of the common airports that receive flights from different countries are Vienna Airport, Salzburg Airport, Graz Airport, and Innsbruck Airport.
The bus route is yet another one of the most popular options if you are traveling to Austria. If you are coming from any nearby state, then you can opt for the bus route. However, if you are traveling from other countries, then the bus route might not be the best option for traveling. Besides, you can also check online about the bus routes as well as the tickets available.
Among all the other options, one train route is quite popular in the country. If you want, you can always opt for the train route no matter from which country you belong to. The rail route is infamous throughout the country. You have to take a break journey and halt at any stop before opting for the train journey. Besides, if you are traveling from one state to another, you can opt for the train route too.
Hitchhiking is quite popular too in the country and if you want to get a lift from any locals, you will get that too. However, the only thing that you have to keep in mind is to find out the important stops where the cars halt for picking up the passengers; otherwise, you might not get a lift. Besides, make sure that you are careful about your belongings since you will be traveling with unknown passengers.
Keeping aside the train route, you can always opt for other options if you want to explore the country. From cabs to electric vehicles, you will get multiple options here. Walking is no doubt a great option too if you want to explore the cities. Apart from that, you can always opt for riding bicycles, since the locals here enjoy riding bicycles too. However, if you are planning for going on shopping or for exploring tourist attractions make sure that you are opting for cabs or public buses.
As the trend of sustainable shopping is increasing every day, the locals in Austria support the trend of sustainable shopping. Here you will get clothes, accessories, and even food items that are made with organic as well as sustainable items. Many shops, as well as outlets, are there throughout the countries from where you can get gifts as well as
Austrians are stern believers in recycling wastes since it helps in improving the environmental conditions. The government here always emphasizes locals to adopt environment-friendly methods that will protect the surroundings and preserve the beauty of the country. Make sure that as a responsible traveler, you are contributing to recycling waste materials.
The waste generation rate is quite high in the country and the reason behind this is the huge influx of tourists every year. Due to this reason, the importance of various waste management programs is high in the country.
Work and Study Abroad
Austria is the home to some of the most popular educational institutions as well as MNC companies. This is the reason students, as well as eligible candidates from every corner of the world, come here to enroll in the colleges and the institutions as well as the companies. If the companies find out that the candidates have the zeal to learn new things, then they accept such candidates for the companies.
You will come across some of the best-rated colleges and universities and due to this reason; foreign students from every corner of the world come here to take admission. The faculties here are quite well-educated and experienced. Besides, the universities here offer scholarship programs for scholar students.
Women these days have become quite educated and always look for life where they can live independently. Due to this reason, most women in Austria work and earn their living. For those, who are married and have small kids opt for the Au Pair service so that someone can take care of their little ones. This facility is quite common in the country.
Since Austria features some rich culture, heritage, and tradition, people from around the come here to know more about the Austrian culture and the post and pre-war era. Many non-profit organizations, as well as NGOs, have come up to preserve the cultures as well as the architectural monuments.