Eco-friendly travel guide to Bursa advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Bursa, Turkey.
- Air quality: 3.75 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 3.5 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 3 / 5
- Public transportation: 3 / 5
- Parks: 3.75 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 3.9 / 5
- Locals' English level: 3 / 5
- Safety: 3 / 5
- Accommodation: US$20 - $600
- Budget per day: US$40 - $800
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
When it comes to responsible-traveling, then make sure that you are following all the sustainable methods. Eco-friendly traveling not only helps in keeping the city clean and safe but also lets you enjoy a successful and memorable vacation. Bursa is one of the biggest cities in Turkey. As you might know that Turkey is one of the infamous vacation destinations for all travel enthusiasts. Located across the Sea of Marmara amidst marvelous mosques as well as Ottoman architecture, Bursa is one of the picture-perfect cities where you can the life of dreams. Although it is being built-up and chaotic, the durable Ottoman core, as well as the innumerable parks, makes it one of the remarkable places in Turkey. You might be aware of the fact that Bursa is considered as one of the UNESCO marked World Heritage Site due to the birthplace of the infamous Ottoman Empire. Besides, it has a huge contribution to the rise and development in Islamic development. One of the biggest positive points is the locals here are quite welcoming and will always allow you to explore all the tourist attractions in the city. Thus, you can understand that you can have a good time on your vacation. They are quite concerned about preserving the goodness of the city and thus follow all the sustainable methods of keeping the city clean. Once you visit, you notice that other tourists also call Bursa, Yesil Bursa. Besides, the rich culture and heritage of the city is something that attracts millions of tourists from around the world. Also, try to avoid causing any damage to the property or the environment. Overall, with responsible traveling, your vacation can become interesting and memorable.
- Choosing the right transport method: A major part of your travel experience includes discovering every nook and cranny of the city. While you will have transport options like private cars and taxis at your disposal you need to know that not only do they contribute to more congestion and traffic pollution but also emit harmful gases into the environment. So, choose options like walking, cycling, electronic and public transportation in general.
- Trying local food: A huge part of the local culture is the traditional food that is offered at the local traditional restaurants and by street food vendors. Instead of just sticking to international fast food franchises that contribute to so much waste being produced in the world, you should try the local options. Not only will it help the local economy but also will directly help the families whose sole source of earning are these small food businesses.
- Do not throw waste: As an eco-friendly traveler, you need to promote sustainable living as much as possible in the city to motivate not only fellow tourists but local people. When you visit any tourists attractions especially city parks, make sure you do not throw any food wrapper and do not just stop at that but if you see any trash, pick it up and throw it in the dustbin. It might look like a very small thing to do but has a huge impact on people watching especially the children present in the park since they learn and mimic the behaviour of other people around them.
- Choose a green hotel: Plenty of accommodations are available in the city that provide you with a top-notch experience but instead of choosing them, you can pick green hotels for your stay. They use eco-friendly measures to reduce the pollution and waste of the city. This is one of the great ways to contribute towards the city to keep it safe and clean.
- Shop local: In order to support local craftsmen and artisans always shop local. During your trip to the city, you will come across small shops and food stalls in almost every lane of the city. If you want to have an unforgettable experience in the city, then buy goods and handicrafts from these shops. This will not only help you to save a lot of money but you will be supporting a lot of local people who are dependent on their small businesses to earn a livelihood.
Air Quality and Pollution
One of the best things about Bursa is the pollution levels always remain low. As a result, you can understand that air quality will be clean. It is important to understand that air pollution and quality matters a great deal when it comes to vacationing. Otherwise, you might face some issues regarding your health. The pollution levels throughout the year remain under control and this is something that makes Bursa one of the most popular cities for spending some great time. Even though the tourist influx rate is quite high, the quality does not change, and this is something that makes Bursa one of the most popular destinations for travel enthusiasts. Introducing of e-vehicles and initiatives has brought a huge change in the city. However, to be on the safe side make sure that you are using facemasks. The government has come up with various pollution control methods that help in keeping the air quality clean. Various environmental programs have been started that helps in maintaining the pollution levels. Being a responsible traveler make sure that you are following all the rules and regulations of maintaining a healthy environment.
Respect the Culture
The culture of any country plays a significant role when it comes to maintaining the dignity of any country. Turkey is already one such country that is rich in heritage, history, and culture. The diverse as well as heterogeneous elements have been derived from the different Eastern Mediterranean cultures. It is impossible to summarize the Turkish culture as well as traditions since the society is an amalgamation of different people. Besides, the culture is different from other cultures too such as Armenian, Arabic, Greek, and others. While the northeast coast close to the border has a tight combination of Turkish and Georgian culture, the Laz and Hemsin communities precisely and typically reflect the Kurdish as well as Arabic culture. Even the traditions as well as the rituals, which the locals follow, are quite different from others. Besides, when it comes to religion, Turkey is a secular country. Most locals here are Muslims, with almost 70% are Sunni, 25% are Alevis. You will also come across the Christian community; however, they are in minority. Thus, you can understand that being a secular country, almost every city has the freedom to follow any religion, especially for non-Muslims. Hospitality is one of the biggest plus points in the country, and this is something that makes Bursa one of the most popular cities in the country.
Top 10 Places to Visit
Bursa is a charming city, and people from different parts of the world love to come here. The reason behind it is that it has some beautiful places for your holiday trip. If you still have, any doubts regarding this matter then see the names which are mentioned below.
- Grand Mosque of Bursa - This mosque is huge and was established in the year 1396 by the famous ruler of Turkey. It is truly grand and definitely worth a visit especially if you are a fan of Turkish architecture.
- Bursa Zoo - This is not a massive zoo but has several hundred animals and represent nearly 100 species.it is a great place to visit if have you children accompanying you on the trip.
- Muradiye Complex -This beautiful historical landmark with its 12 iconic tombs is the resting place of the sultan Murad II. If you are a history buff than this is a must visit.
- Küreklidere Falls - This beautiful waterfall is the longest waterfall in the city. If you are looking for a place to relax and to unwind then this will serve as the ideal location with the water plunging down a rift in a jagged cliff with a wooden viewing platform and a camping area .
- Ninova Aquapark - A great waterpark in Bursa where you can just have fun and spend the day swimming, taking different rides and just unwinding.
- Complex of Mehmed I - You cannot imagine that this place was build in the year 1420 and is still famous even today also.This beautiful complex that is made of different religious buildings is a part of the UNESCO world heritage site and is a must visit if you are in t6 city of Bursa.
- Emir Sultan Mosque- Being a Muslim city, bursa is filled with beautiful mosques and the emir sultan mosque is one of them. It was first built in the 18th century and then rebuilt in 1804. If you are a fan of islamic architecture and history in general then this should be on top of your list of the must visit places in Bursa.
- Dağyenice Pond- This is a very small pond where you will see some ducks and ducklings. Avoid feeding them bread or other junk food because they become overweight and develop health issues. People often call this a dull place but you have to make your own decision after coming here.
- Green Tomb - This beautiful tomb with its magnificent tiles in the shades of blue, green and turquoise is a monument that is worth visiting when in Bursa. The green mosque is also next to the Tomb.
- Korupark Shopping center - Last but not least, is to visit this beautiful shopping mall which leaves you astounded. Here you will get famous clothes and fashionable wear different ranges. After seeing them you would want to buy them as soon as possible.
Bursa is such a beautiful city and there is so much to explore, from city parks to beaches, landmarks, restaurants and what not. You will have a memorable experience in Bursa. The key to having a fulfilling trip is to make an itinerary. It will help you in being organised and will also allow you to utilise your time in the most efficient manner.
- Soğukkuyu - A standard city park where you can enjoy outdoor games like football and cricket if you have children accompanying you then this will be a great place to take them you can enjoy fresh air and also go for a walk or a jog.
- Bursa Botanical park - A beautiful botanical garden with a diverse collection of flowers and trees. The park is also open to herbal research and scientific studies. There are ponds, bikes for rent and exercise paths as well.
- Merinos - It is the best example of greenery and people die to come here. This place is perfect for getting away from stress. So this place is a must-visit for you and your family.
- Uludag national park - Absolutely stunning park and ideal for camping. Surrounded by massive trees and covered in snow during winter, it is nothing short of a wonderland. You can also enjoy the views on a cable car ride. If you love outdoors and nature in general then this is the perfect place to be.
- Plaj Kumu - A beautiful beach with golden and and clear water. A great place to unwind and relax. It is not too crowded so you can enjoy some peace and quiet as well. If you want to take part in water sports then this is a great place.
- Güzelyalı Sahili - A beautiful beach with stark blue water. The view is absolutely gorgeous and is a popular beach amongst the locals.
Plenty of landmarks in Bursa like:
- Grand Mosque of Bursa
- Yeşil Cami
- Green Tomb
- Bursa City Museum
- Muradiye Complex
- Bursa City Museum - If you want to know more about the history of the city of bursa then this is a must visit. It is located in the city centre next to the Ataturk statue in Cumhuriyet Square.
- Bursa Museum of Turkish and Islamic Art - It is a museum of art where you can get some of the nice Turkish paintings. They are fabulous and you cannot stop praising about them in a lengthy manner. And for this particular reason only it is spread all over the internet.
The local cuisine of any country or region tells a lot about not only the overall culture of the country but individual cities as well. Turkish cuisine is considered to be a very rich and appetising cuisine and Turkish people and known for their love of food and their passion towards it. Along with that, the Turkish people are passionate about food. Rich flavor as well as the diversity in the ingredients is what makes Turkish cuisine famous around the world. It also draws attention to the rich history of every region. It is important to understand that the richness in Turkish cuisine is based on various factors like the taste as well as the ingredients, which locals use for preparing dishes. Innumerable products as well as ingredients are grown on the lands of Anatolia and Asia. The palace kitchen of Seljuk as well as Ottoman empires successfully shaped the various culinary cultures of Turkey. The culture of Istanbul, Bursa, andIzmir region inherits innumerable elements of the Ottoman cuisine. Coming to the key ingredients of the country, you will come across multiple options like meat, vegetable, legumes. Also, the Turkish meal is quite soupy and it consists of some stews as well as stocks. If you love kebabs, then you will get plenty of options. From Turkish ravioli to eggplant dishes, there are uncountable trademarks of Turkish cuisine. Breakfast is one of the most important parts of the locals cuisine in Bursa and the Turkish breakfast is considered as one of the healthiest options due to the rich and nutritious ingredients. The lip-smacking taste, as well as ingredients like lots of green vegetables, tomatoes, as well as feta cheese, and a dash of olive oil, is something that makes the Turkish dishes one of the most popular ones around the world
Traditional Local Restaurants
If you want to explore more about the cultures of any city, then one of the best options is to try out the traditional restaurants. They offer some of the best-rated dishes that you will find quite delicious. As already mentioned, the cultural mix not just in terms of religion but also in terms of foods too. Thus, you can understand that you will get the opportunity to taste some of the unique dishes. Here are some of the most popular dishes that you must try in Bursa.
- Selcuk Restaurant - Located amidst the heart of the city, Selcuk is one of the most popular traditional restaurants where you can enjoy some exclusive dishes from Turkish cuisine. All you have to do is book a table and you can enjoy a perfect time with your friends. The food quality is top-notch and the services available here are outstanding.
- Restaurant Ahtapotus - If you are someone who enjoying seafood, then no place can be better than Ahtapotus. The sea food dishes available here have Ahtapotus, one of the most popular restaurants in the city. Besides, the dishes available are quite affordable and the staff is very friendly as well.
- Ege Balik- Ege Balik can be a paradise for all the non-veg lovers due to the availability of the seafood dishes. Apart from that, the tapas and salad are some of the infamous dishes of the restaurant.
Vegetarian and Vegan
Turkish cuisine offers a healthy mix of vegetarian and non vegetarian options. You will not have any difficulty finding non veg options in Bursa. There are also so many local restaurants that purely offer vegetarian options or have separate menus dedicated to veg options. Some of the vegetarian options include Cig Kofte, Baklava, Kuru Fasulye, Imam Bayildi, Lentil Kofte, Stuffed Vine Leaves, Misir, Simit and Vegan Corba. The local restaurants where you can enjoy vegetarian and vegan options include:
- Vegan Kantin
- Dababa Restaurant
- Canli Balik Lokantasi
Street food is something that is one of the crucial reasons behind the popularity of any city. Due to this reason, whenever you are visiting any new city in Turkey, make sure that you are trying out some of the most popular Turkish street foods. From vegetarian to non-veg options, you will get everything. It is important to understand that throughout the world, simplicity is one of the most important traits when it comes to street food. Let us check out some of the popular street foods in Bursa.
- Kumpir - In simple words, it is known as a baked potato, and the Turks are the ones who can turn simple baked potato dishes into something toothsome. Besides, you will get plenty of variety too. Most choosy eaters just opt for a baked potato dish with added cheese and onions. However, if you feel adventurous, you can top it with some corn and sausages, olives, mushrooms, peas, and carrots, etc.
- Kokorec- Also known as Lamb’s intestine, it is one of the most popular dishes that you must try from the street food stalls. Stuffed with thinly chopped tomatoes, onions in a durum wrap, Kokorec is an extremely delicious dish, and make sure that you are trying it out when visiting Bursa.
- Grilled corn- If you think that Turkey is the best place for meat lovers think again. Apart from meat, vegetables are a part of their national cuisine. Both kids as well as the adults here love to eat grilled corn. Alternatively, if you want some added taste, then make sure that you are adding butter, salt, and a dash of hot chili sauce.
Food culture will always remain incomplete if you do not try out some of the traditional drinks. Hence, like a plethora of dishes, you will come across innumerable drinks. The significance of traditional drinks is high in the country. While some might keep you warm during winters, others will keep you cool during summer. Due to the mix in the culture as well as the traditions, people here believe in indulging in some of the most popular traditional drinks. Let us check out some of the most popular traditional drinks that you must taste in Bursa.
- Turkish coffee - The popularity of Turkish coffee is something, which is world-famous. Turkish coffee is one of the few special drinks, which is boiled and drank. The locals here indulge in enjoying a delicious coffee, especially after having a meal. If you are not aware of the fact, then the locals of Bursa consider Turkish coffee as a symbol of friendship.
- Ayran - Also known as simple buttermilk, Ayran is yet another one of the most popular local drinks, which the locals love having. It is made by simply adding water to yogurt. If you love enjoying the fresh taste of buttermilk, then a healthy drink is the best option. Ayran is not only healthy and the travel enthusiasts enjoy having them.
- Boza- Boza is a smoothie-type fermented drink, which is made out of wheat and yeast. The sweet and tangy flavor is one of the major reasons behind the addiction. Boza can be quite delicious as you can enjoy it during the winters. Originated from Anatolia, it is made out of wheat, corn, rice, and barley.
The tap water in Turkey is quite safe to consume. The government here has come up with various campaigns as well as protocols to keep it safe to consume. As already mentioned, the pollution levels in the country are quite low. Thus, you can understand that you can easily consume it. However, to be on the safe side, it is best if you buy packaged drinking water. These are a safe option and staying in an unknown city is quite risky. Apart from packaged drinking water, you will come across multiple stores selling fruit juices. Another most important thing that you should keep in mind is to carry your water bottle when going out.
The trend of the organic cafeteria is increasingly rising since it is a sustainable step towards a safe and healthier environment. Organic cafeterias are different from normal cafeterias almost in every way. Starting from the foods available to the ambiance, everything is designed in an eco-friendly manner. Unlike the other cafeterias, these provide foods that are made out of good quality ingredients free from any chemicals. Organic ingredients are rich ingredients that are used for preparing dishes and they are packed with nutrients. The profit of the organic cafeteria is more than the normal ones and the rising profit margins are increasing its demand throughout the globe. Make sure to try out some of the most popular dishes from the organic cafeterias.
If you love enjoying the traditional hard drinks of different cities, then nothing can be better than trying out the craft beer, exotic cocktails, and hard drinks. You will come across some of the most popular breweries in the city that offers some of the best-rated beer as well as other alcoholic drinks. Locals of Bursa always enjoying having alcohol on almost every occasion. Let us check out some of the most popular breweries as well as bars in the city.
- Big Yellow Taxi Benzin - Party people’s favorite place Big Yellow Taxi Benzin is one of the most popular breweries in the city. From locals to travel enthusiasts, it is one of the most popular places to try out imported craft beer. Apart from the drinks, the appetizers available here are quite delicious.
- High Out - Yet another popular brewery cum bar where you can taste some of the best quality craft beer and wine. Make sure to visit the brewery during the late hours to groove with the music. Apart from that, if you are interested in meeting with other travelers in the city, then this would be the best place.
- M Pub and Lounge - Although it is a pub and lounge, you will also get the option for tasting some of the best-rated breweries. Besides, you will also get some of the best-quality cocktails and the appetizers are equally delicious.
There are so many activities that you can enjoy in Bursa. From camping to skiing, skydiving, kayaking, river rafting, museum hoping, yoga, food tours etc. There is something for everyone so you will not get bored. Some of the top rated activities that you can be a part of on your trip to Bursa include:
- Visiting Uludag - If you want to explore the beauty of Bursa, then make plans during the winter months. Uludag turns out into a snowy winter wonderland. In case you are feeling adventurous, make sure that you are trying out the cable cars. You can spend a couple of days here and take part in skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling. Apart from that, you can also go hiking, picnicking, or just for s stroll.
- Exploring the downtown market - Bursa has a sprawling labyrinth central market area, which is undoubtedly fantastic for shopping, drinking coffee, or even eating snacks. If you want, you can even indulge in interaction with the locals and you can even come to know some unique facts about the city or the country.
- Exploring some UNESCO World Heritage sites - Bursa comes under the UNESCO World Heritage listing. It consists of almost eight locations that are scattered throughout Bursa, which date back to almost the 13th and 14th centuries. Besides, you will also get to know about innumerable unknown facts about Cumalikizik village.
Yoga and Retreats
If you are enthusiastic about keeping yourself healthy, fit, and want to know more about the healthy secrets, which countries follow, then make sure that you are visiting the yoga and retreats. These are the only places where you can come to know about the secrets of fitness and health. Most locals in Bursa are blessed with good health and as they focus on good food, it becomes easy for them to maintain fitness. Let us check out some of the most popular yoga and retreats in Bursa.
- Bursa Yoga Merzeki - Yoga and retreats are some of the best places where you can get a break from stress. If you are in Bursa, make sure that you are taking a few classes in Bursa Yoga Merzeki. The trainers here are quite qualified and will guide you throughout the session so that you can get the desired result. Many tourists come here to indulge in the goodness of yoga therapy.
- Nilufer Yoga - Set amidst the calm atmosphere of nature, Nilufer yoga is yet another one of the best options when it comes to practicing and learning yoga. The ambiance of the place along with the helpful staff makes everything perfect. Do not forget to enroll in Nilufer Yoga if you are in Bursa.
Without a comfortable accommodation option, it is impossible to enjoy a good vacation. Turkey tops in the list of vacationing destination and due to this, you will get plenty of options when it comes to accommodation. All you have to do is research some of the best-rated hotels or guesthouses, where you can enjoy a comfortable stay. According to your budget, you will get great accommodation options. Besides, if you want to stay away from the main city, then make sure that you are booking resorts. If you move towards the outskirts of the city, then you will come across multiple hostels and resorts. However, the only thing that you have to keep in mind is the rates may vary.
Bursa is free from pollution and this is something that makes it one of the most popular vacation destinations. However, to maintain the eco-friendly conditions, the initiative of ecofriendly hotels. Also, known as sustainable hotels, green hotels are quite different from the normal ones. For example, these hotels utilize solar energy for generating electricity. Next, the dishes that are prepared in the green hotels are made with organic ingredients. Thus, you can understand that the demand for green hotels is quite high. When it comes to the amenities, you will get some more outstanding facilities. For example, the towels and the bed linens provided here are biodegradable and after one use, it can be disposed of. Overall, it can be said that green hotels are undoubtedly one of the best options when it comes to vacationing in Bursa.
Hostels and Guest Houses
If you have a budget crunch, then you can opt for the hostels and guesthouses. Just like the hotels, you will get some outstanding amenities in the hostels too. You will come across multiple hostels and guesthouses in the city. Just like the hotels, you will get outstanding amenities like free WiFi, parking, and breakfast too. Apart from that, the option of separate bathrooms is available too. If you want to meet some fellow travelers who can guide you throughout the trip, then choosing hostels or guesthouses is the best option. Besides, the hostels and guesthouses are located in the heart of the city, thus making it one of the best options to enjoy a comfortable stay within a budget.
Just like the hostels and guesthouses, you will come across some local apartments. Locals in Turkey are quite friendly and always allow tourists to stay with them. If you are interested in knowing about them, then it is best if you stay with them in the apartments. Alternatively, if you want to enjoy the freedom and want to explore the city on your own terms, then it is best to book apartments online. Also, if you are traveling with your friends, then make sure that you are booking apartments online through Airbnb. Here, you will get verified rooms that are comfortable to stay. On top of that, if you have coupons, you can get additional discounts.
Couchsurfing is one of the most popular trends that has gained traction throughout the world. You can stay with locals and meet other travellers as well. It is a global community and if you are concerned about how secure and safe it is then make sure you are staying with someone who are registered as a host on the official couch surfing website. It is a great way to not only save money but also get to know about the local culture more closely. It massively cuts down on your carbon footprint as well.
Camping is undoubtedly one of the best activities when it comes to vacationing. Thus, if you are planning for exploring Bursa, then make sure that you are including camping in your bucket list. As already mentioned, Turkey is filled with breathtaking beauty and picturesque surroundings along with friendly locals which attract millions of tourists. Imagine how fun and interesting it would be if you opt for going on camping. At the time of booking hotels, make sure that you are researching in detail about various camping grounds located in the city. Most travel enthusiasts look for spending holidays in the camping grounds. Some of the most popular camping grounds in Bursa are Misi Kamp Karavan, Sarialan Campground, and Trend Kamplar.
How to Get There
If you are planning to travel to Bursa, make sure that you are researching different ways of reaching there. Although the best way of traveling to Bursa is opting for the flight route since it is the easiest method. Yenisehir Airport is the only international airport in the city. However, there are other options as well. From buses to ferry service, there are many options.
When traveling from other countries, it is best if you opt for the flight route since you will reach in no time. Besides, it is one of the hassle-free options for traveling. Most flights arrive at Yenisehir Airport. Other nearby airports are Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen International Airport, Istanbul Ataturk Airport, and Balikesir Airport. Every country has direct flights to Bursa, thus making it easy to travel to this city.
Bursa is one of the most popular cities in Turkey that has the best intercity connections. Some of the cities to which Bursa connects are Izmir, Istanbul, and Antalya. The bus connection is quite versatile as it not only connects intercity but interstate too. Some of the international bus connections include Bulgaria and Greece. Thus, if you are traveling from the above-mentioned destinations, then you can always opt for the bus connection.
The only railway network in the city is the metro system. However, it does not connect with any international countries. If you are planning for intercity traveling, then the metro route is the best option.
Hitchhiking is one of the best options and the locals in the city believe in this concept. As already mentioned, the locals here are quite friendly and if you ask, they will offer a lift. However, it is important that you are researching various locations where locals pick up the tourists since the vehicles do not stop at every sport. Also, it is necessary to be careful about your luggage.
You can travel to Bursa even if you do not want to travel by bus, train, or flight. The ferry service is quite active in the city and you can opt for it too. Turkey is famous for its ferry service. Apart from that, bicycles and e-rickshaws are also a great option when it comes to exploring the city. No matter what you are choosing, make sure that you are opting for some sustainable option.
Bursa features some of the best market areas and tourist attractions that make it one of the best places when it comes to tourism. If you want to go exploring, then make sure that you are opting for foot walking. From the locals to the rich heritage of the city, everything will mesmerize you for sure. Make sure that you are covering every corner of the city, otherwise, your vacation will remain incomplete.
Walking is also a great option when it comes to exploring the city. Even though the city remains busy throughout the day, still you will get the opportunity to explore the markets and other areas without which your vacation will remain incomplete. When going shopping, especially make sure that you are opting for the walking option.
Bicycle is one of the best sustainable options when it comes to exploring a city. You will come across many outlets that offer bicycles for rent. You can rent them for one to two days and explore the city. The biggest benefit of choosing bicycles is, you will be able to reach every alley and corner of the city.
Electronic vehicles are also the best option if you are planning for exploring the city and its every corner. The government has come up with various programs to initiate the use of electronic vehicles. To preserve the tourism industry, the trend for electronic vehicles has become compulsory. Within a few years, Bursa will turn out to be an energy-efficient city in Turkey.
As already mentioned, the bus network is quite impressive in the city. This something that makes tourism better for travel enthusiasts. Besides, the locals here opt for the public buses since it is quite affordable and the buses do not remain crowded. On top of that, you will be able to get them whenever you want.
Tram, Train and Subway
As already mentioned, the metro railway network is one of the best networks when it comes to Bursa. Even if you are not comfortable with traveling by bus, you can always choose the metro to travel to adjacent cities. Besides, you will reach quickly, which is yet another benefit.
As already mentioned, the locals are concerned about saving the environmental conditions in the city. Due to this reason, you will notice many small shops and outlets throughout the city selling eco-friendly, sustainable items. From foods, clothing items to souvenirs, you will get everything from these outlets. Besides, if you want homemade delicacies, then make sure that you are buying items from sustainable shops. Besides, you will get DIY clothing items, handmade showpieces as well as other items too.
You will come across multiple food markets in the city that sells some delicious food ingredients as well as packed food items that you can take to your home. If you want to make some unique Turkish dishes, then you will get raw materials for that too. Some of the most popular food markets in Bursa are Nilufer Farmers’ Market, Kardesler Market, and Uludag Manav.
Flea markets are one of the best places where you can get some amazing items. From clothing to home decoration items, you will get some amazing items that too at a reasonable rate. Make sure that you are buying some fashionable items from the flea markets. The exclusive collection of accessories in the flea markets will no doubt blow your mind. Some of the most popular flea markets in the city are Bit Pazari, Kucukbalikli Scrap Market, and Eskici Pazari Bursa.
Second Hand Stores
The trend in second-hand stores is quite high too in the city. Locals of Bursa take a huge interest in using vintage items for decorating their house. Due to this reason, you will come across many second-hand stores in the city. From here you can get an exclusive collection of antique items for decorating your house.
If you love eco-fashion, then you can check out the outlets that sell various eco-friendly clothes. These outfits are not fashionable but affordable too. Besides the outfits, you will get accessories and footwear too. If you do not want to spend huge on shopping, then choosing eco-fashion items is the best option.
Want to know the secret behind the lower rate of pollution in Bursa it is only because of recycling. Yes, the locals here are quite responsible and help in keeping the city pollution-free. Besides, the government has come up with various recycling methods that help in keeping the pollution levels low in Bursa. Various packaging industries and units have even modified their methods and use eco-friendly products for packaging.
The waste generation in the city is not too high or low. Since tourism is quite rampant in the city; however, the locals are quite responsible and this is something that keeps the waste generation under control. The government that has kept the pollution levels under control has taken various initiatives.
Work and Study Abroad
Want to study abroad in a prestigious institution or work with MNCs, it is best if you come to Bursa. Yes, Turkey features some of the best-rated colleges, universities, and top MNCs. Many students as well as eligible students from around the world come here to enroll themselves.
As already mentioned, Bursa features some of the best colleges and universities, and every year thousands of tourists from around the globe come here to enroll themselves for further studies. Faculties are quote versatile and focus on excellence. Also, they make sure to give equal attention to every student.
Au Pair service is not too hyped or unpopular in the city. Very few women are independent and work for being independent or for running a family. Only those women opt for the Au pair service to take care of their kids.
Bursa is the home to some of the rich heritage and culture of the country. From monuments to architectural reserves, you will see many things. Due to this reason, many NGOs as well as non-profit organizations have come forward to protect and preserve the heritage and maintain the dignity of the city.