Eco-friendly travel guide to Caye Caulker advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Caye Caulker, Central America, North America.
- Air quality: 3.9 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 4.5 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 4.5 / 5
- Public transportation: 3.0 / 5
- Parks: 3.7 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 4.4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 4.5 / 5
- Safety: 4.6 / 5
- Accommodation: US$70 - $820
- Budget per day: US$42 - $200
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
If you’re a tourist who wants to travel responsibly then you should consider some important steps you will need to take for traveling in a sustainable way and without causing any harm to the environment. There are some ways to do so and those are:
- By supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants, and other places that help you experience their culture closely. Also, experience the local food which can help you understand their culture more closely.
- By opting for public transports and electronic vehicles that will allow you to travel without causing any harm to the environment. Public transports like buses, subways, trams, bikes, etc. that cause less harm to the environment and are cost-efficient.
- 'By visiting and buying things from the local markets, that will allow you to have perfect exposure to the local culture, traditions, arts, and the people.
- By visiting the green parks experience relaxation and stress-free moments, it can be an escape from worldly worries.
Air Quality and Pollution
The air quality in Caye Caulker, Belize is said to be satisfactory and the air pollution isn’t hazardous to the people. The primary pollutant being ozone (O3) is low about 58.26 µg/m3, the other pollutants are Nitrogen dioxide (NO2), Sulphur dioxide (SO2), PM2.5, PM10 having the AQI of 1 µg/m3, 1 µg/m3, 4.47 µg/m3, 6.61 µg/m3 respectively. The best time to visit Caye Caulker would be between January and November and September and December. The average high temperature would be in the month of May that is 31°C and the lowest average temperature is in January which is 26°C. The amount of rain is about 744 mm in a year. The weather is dry for 72 days a year. The UV index is 6.
Respect the Culture
You may find many cultures here in Caye Caulker, although it’s a very small island still many cultures reside here. The main culture is Mestizo. These are people who speak Spanish who comes from Yucatec Maya. The first of them migrated from Yucatan Peninsula in the mid-19th century. They are the majority of the population in Caye Caulker. Then comes the Maya’s who are about thirty thousand in Belize. There are many Mayan ruins throughout Belize. Then are the Garifuna who are Carib and Arawak Indians. Their unique way of drumming, dancing, and singing can vastly be found in Caye Caulker. There are also people called Creoles and Mennonites. The Creoles are a mixture of African, European, and others. The Creole language is mostly spoken here. The Mennonites are people from Germany and Russia. They are known for their agricultural abilities and the vegetables, poultry, and dairy products that are sold in almost all stores in Caye Caulker. Most of the furniture is designed by these men. The tourists have become a great part of Caye Caulker and greatly enjoy visiting the island.
Top 10 Places to Visit
- Hol Chan Marine Reserve- The marine reserve is close to Ambergris Caye which is off the coast of Belize. The marine reserve has coral reefs, mangrove forests, and seagrass beds covering almost about 18 km2. It is said to be the best snorkeling place in caye and you can find several sea animals such as the barracuda, sharks, turtles, moray eels, fishes and more.
- Turneffe Reef- The place looks vibrant and people love to snorkel and dive deep undersea. Lots of sea animals to see here like parrotfish, crabs, lobsters, and many more. The most famous attraction site of Coral garden shark and Sting ray Alley snorkeling. Here you can experience a nice swim with the sharks, and stingrays, and many other sea animals without any scuba diving equipment.
- The Split - The place is a great attraction for the tourists. You can find great bars and grill places called the Lazy Lizard who offers excellent food and drinks choices. The Split is a separation from North and South Caye Caulker. The place is great for snorkeling. You can enjoy a nice sunbath free of cost. You can rent kayaks and paddleboats or you can enjoy fishing in the fishing area.
- Red Flower Gallery - The Red Flower Gallery contains an excellent selection of paintings by the artist called Paulette Salo. She paints a picture of the scenes of Caye Caulker which are beautiful, she is also known for the classical murals in the US. You can find handmade pieces of jewelry to gift someone, beach wares, and bug sprays.
- The Estuary Of Caye Caulker - The place offers hiking tours and educates about the diversity of life in Caye Caulker. The Estuary does research and practice with entertainment, adventures and makes people aware of the recent climate changes. The most famous is the Origin of Life Nature Trail where you can find a vortex with the help of which you can see the smallest organisms, apex predators, and primordial soup. The crocodiles, flowers, and birds are amazing features of this island.
- Aria Kat Art - Aria kat art is an art gallery, coffee shop, and boutique. They offer original Belizean Art and Prints, Lady's clothing, Iced coffee, and Tea. French Press Coffees and Espresso. It’s got 87 restaurants nearby and 6 other attraction sites for the tourists. It’s a nice and quiet place where you can sit and enjoy your coffee in peace. The paintings displayed are nice and vibrant. For people willing to explore the place closely and come here and look for the unique silver bracelets and have a little chat with the locals on the front porch.
- Julz Holistic Massage Studio - They provide the best massage experience to their customers in Caye Caulker. The place is set over the turquoise waters of Barrier reef Belize. It’s got a beautiful location over the waters, which allow you to feel more relaxed and it is greatly popular for its massage therapy among the other tourists because the massage they provide isn’t only physical but for the well-being of their customers in terms of the mental, spiritual and emotional aspect.
- Namaste Yoga - The Namaste Yoga is donation-based, which was formerly known as RandOM Yoga. It’s an open-air studio which I located on the top floor of Namaste Café, the views from up here are excellent and a great breeze blowing through the room allows you to feel relaxed. The yoga classes are suitable for all. They will provide you mats, straps, and blocks.
- The Three Seas Tours - The three seas tour offers the best boat tour experience in Caye Caulker. You can enjoy feeding the tarpons, snorkel, and can-do spearfishing. The place offers a beautiful scenic view.
Caye Caulker offers a pleasant breeze, fresh seafood, and many beautiful scenic views. Belize’s Caye Caulker is a small island where cars are nowhere to be found, if you want to travel anywhere in the city you will have to travel by golf carts, or by renting a bike.
- Frenchie’s Diving Services- The Frenchie’s diving services are located at the Caye Caulker Cemetery, Playa Asuncion, Belize. The dives are greatly enjoyed by the tourists. The staff service is great and friendly. The best part is the homemade food they serve for lunch. It’s a fun 2-hour ride to get to the blue hole. The blue hole is a 140 ft. deep dive. The ride is a bit tough but the air time is pretty exciting. They present to you a bunch of information which are very thorough and be sure to stick with your group. They offer breakfast and snacks in between the dives.
- Laughing Bird Caye - The laughing bird caye is known as an underwater paradise. You can find sea animals such as the barracuda, snappers, nurse sharks, Caribbean lobsters, parrotfishes, rays, etc. the Laughing bird caye has a lovely spot in the crystal-clear waters which appears very beautiful.
- Blue Hole - The Blue Hole National Park is accessible from the Hummingbird Highway. The Blue Hole inland, St. Herman’s cave, and the crystal cave are hosted by St. Herman’s National Park. The blue hole is a small blue pool that is known as a refreshing dip. It takes a short hike down the stairs to reach down to the blue hole.
- Bacalar Chico National Park And Marine Reserve - The park offers a boat ride around the island from the Mayan which separates Mexico and Belize. They offer Coconut tarts with rum and cold beers and other rum drinks are also provided which are another great feature of the park. There are three snorkeling spots in Bacalar Chico and the lunch is offered on the north shore beach. Many adorable sea turtles are to be found in the park.
- Billy Barquiedier National Park - The Billy Barquiedier is located at Alta Vista, Belize City, and has almost 42 restaurants and 24 other attractive sites. It’s a great place for hiking as well, be sure to do 2 hikes. The first one is a straight-up hike to the valley lookout, the second one is challenging, steep, and has a beautiful waterfall in the end. Go for an amazing chilly waterfall swim afterward. The rangers are very helpful and friendly.
- Anchorage Resort - It’s located in the Avenida langosta in Caye Caulker. The resort has clean rooms and the place is beautiful and quiet. There’s a huge hut built for the tourists having a place where they can have meals and beers. You can rent bikes and enjoy other things for a slight charge.
- Koko King Beach - The beach is just beautiful, it has chairs, tables and swings which are under the shade and many water activities are also available. You can spot several starfishes along the shore. Enjoy the beautiful view of the sunset along with having your dinner. The atmosphere is lovely and the staff is friendly too. The water taxis are free which makes the ride so much more affordable and easier. You can take the taxi from the split.
- Wild Beach- The wild beach is located in the low-developed tourist north to where people hardly travel because of its unknown existence to the tourists. The beach is wild as the name itself suggests and is usually empty. The beach is not a typical sandy beach, it consists of gravel mixed with sand and shells which makes it harder for people to walk barefoot. You can find mangrove trees here.
- The Belize Sign Monument - The Belize Sign Monument is a great place to enjoy Belkin in the Caribbean breeze and you can click wonderful pictures here as the place offers wonderful scenic views. There are almost 107 restaurants within 5 miles of the monument and 38 other attractive sites within 5 miles radius. You can enjoy some family time here. It’s idle that you visit the place early in the morning. The signs are right outside the cruise ship terminal. The place has a sign which reads ‘Belize’ which quite colorful and one can take pictures with the sign and go all goofy while at it.
- Shark Ray Alley - The Shark Ray Alley is a 10-minute feeding frenzy and it’s recommended that you spend more time on the reef. If being a child you ever imagined how wonderful would it be swimming with the sharks then it’s time you made that possible. It’s located in Ambergris Caye. The place has 36 restaurants and 4 other attractive sites which are nearby. You can find nurse sharks who are said to be attracted by sardines and it can cause a quick feeding frenzy.
- Cahal Pech - it features a museum and several surviving structures located in the San Ignacio Belize. It has 18 restaurants and 4 other attractive sites found within 0.75 miles of the Cahal Pech. Many couples are often seen getting married here which approves it to be a beautiful place. It looks like a lost world, although it doesn’t have high grandeur it’s still beautiful. The place is shrouded with jungles and is a mysterious place.
- Nohoch Che’en Caves Branch Archaeological Reserve - It’s located in the Frank Eddie Village. It has 2 restaurants nearby and 2 other attraction sites. Bring along your swimming suits, they have changing rooms, restrooms in the parking lot. It’s a long walk to the cave and you will have to wear a lifejacket and carry a large tube with headlamps. The tubing expedition is a blissful experience and one should try it. You can even swim and snorkel around in the waters, perfectly safe for kids.
- Belizean Arts- The Belizean Art Gallery was founded 30 years ago by a famous artist. It’s located in Fido’s Courtyard deep inside. It has a vast collection of original arts from the leading artists, exotic jewelry of gold and silver, ceramics, wooden and slate carvings, Mayan masks, Garifuna drums, fabrics, etc. The place is open very late.
- The Gallery Of San Pedro- The gallery is located at 21/2 blocks to the north from the original location. They have a very large selection of the Belizean arts with over some 2500 Belize’s original paintings, and other things like masks and carvings. They also have a vast selection of one of the finest blankets and hammocks. They also sell Gourmet Pies and loaves of bread which are very delicious.
Caye Caulker has got a large amount of good food like meat loaves, lobsters, tacos, ice-cream cakes, and many more which can be found in one of the town's busiest bars known as the Barrier Reef Sports Bar where you can find American emigrants and locals. On the northwest side, you can find a much quieter place called the Maggie’s Sunset Kitchen where people come to enjoy a drink or two or order some local rice and beans or maybe burgers or burritos.
Traditional Local Restaurants
- Pasta Per Caso Anna & Armando- There are a total of 4 restaurants on the island and this place has bragged the #1 spot in Caye Caulker. The restaurant is located at Avenida Hicaco. Anna & Armando are fantastic hosts, they put so much of hard work into the food and its presentation that you can totally tell. You can have the famous handmade pasta which tastes delicious, the salad is served with oil dressing. Every dish on the menu is blatantly made with perfection and tastes so good. If you are visiting Caye Caulker you must come here and ask them for their suggestion and take insights on the restaurant and the food.
- Reina’s- The Reina comes at #3 out of the other 48 Caribbean restaurants in Caye Caulker. The restaurant is located at Avenida Longosta. The restaurant offers cuisines like Caribbean, Seafood, Central American. They serve some very delicious food and some fresh and custom meals. The prices are quite reasonable and the service is amazing, also the atmosphere adds greatly to the restaurant's awesomeness.
Vegetarian and Vegan
- Falafel Bar-Kosher- This restaurant comes at #1 when it comes to fast food in all of Caye Caulker. They offer fast food, Mediterranean, Israeli, Middle eastern, and healthy cuisines. It’s located at the Playa Asunsuion main St. and their price also doesn’t exceed much from $366- $953. The falafels are really very good and the staff is pretty amazing too, welcoming and kind. The pricing might be a little too much for some people.
- Crepes & Dreams- This restaurant comes at #3 out of the 10 most amazing cafés in Caye Caulker. The restaurant is a bit overpriced being $147 to $1099. They have cuisines like Canadian, healthy food, and cafés. The restaurant is located at Front Street Avenida Hicaco. The food is amazing, here you can have some egg benedicts, bacon omelet, banana, and Nutella crepes and many more. Especially, the pineapple juice which tastes delicious.
- King Kabab- The king kababs doesn’t need any advertising coz the smell and aroma of the kababs coming out of the store is enough to make a person’s mouth go watery. It’s located at Beech Front,501 and the restaurant ranks at #62 out of the 87 restaurants in Caye Caulker. This place isn’t something like a restaurant, the street vendor grills the kababs along the main walkway. The prices are quite reasonable too. the garlic butter shrimp kababs are great which are offered along with some sides and one should try it at least once.
- Jenny’s To Go Food- The Jenny’s to Go Food is located at Crocodile Street and is ranked #6 out of the 9 fast food corners in Caye Caulker and comes at #55 out of a total of 81 restaurants. They serve some amazing stuffed fry jacks which are very delicious. If you’re looking for a cheap fast food option then this is the place you’ve been looking for. At just $13 you can have a huge breakfast that will be fulfilling.
Caye Caulker has many amazing drink options to offer and among those, the best place to have drinks and chill is the most famous The Lazy Lizard, which is located at the Front Street near the Split. The place has activities like the bar games available and is a good place for the sports fans, the place is cozy and has outdoor seating available which makes the place much more amazing.
Many places in Caye Caulker capture rain water for drinking purposes. The ground water can be a bit salty and the septic systems are not so trustworthy either. If it’s not rainwater then try to get hold of the bottled water. The bottled water is cheap and easily available. It’s highly recommended that you drink bottled water and not rainwater if you’re for tourism.
- Love For Good Taste- The café is located at Avenida Hicaco. They have a vast number of options to chose from the menu and their service is also friendly. The most popular are the pesto’s, goat cheese and veggies. It’s got a lovely shaded garden and looks very pleasing, the pricing is also very cheap. Enjoy the cool breeze, the food, and their coffee in the fantastic scenic view of the restaurant.
- Maggie’s Sunset Kitchen- Maggie’s Sunset Kitchen is a very popular café among the tourists as well as the locals. Their menu has a lot to offer like the popular Lobster dishes like the ceviche, the Rum Punch which is also considered by many people, the Conch Fritters, Stew Beans with white fried rice, and many more. The beautiful sunset view is very popular as many tourists just love the view. Also, their services are very friendly and welcoming.
- The Lazy Lizard- The Lazy Lizard is one of the most popular breweries in Caye Caulker. After snorkeling in the waters of Caye caulker’s beaches you can have a great lunch later at the Lazy Lizard. It’s a lovely place that has a vast number of drink options. The staff is very efficient and friendly. Some of the most popular drinks at The Lazy Lizard are the Lizard Juice, Belikin beers, Coconut Mojito, Pina Colada, Heineken drinks, etc. there are some amazing food options too that you can try that are The Lobsters, they have many dishes of lobsters such as the Trails, Nuggets, etc.
- Bondi Bar- The Bondi Bar is located at the Avenida Hicaco. The bar is popular for its great choice of Cocktails and is good for a larger group of people, the place is casual and cozy enough for you to drink in peace and enjoy the right way. The most popular dish at the Bondi Bar is their Sushi. Even the homemade ginger and the wasabi are also amazing. Try the taco’s as they have a taco Tuesday which can be surprisingly delicious.
Despite the small size of the island, it offers plenty of activities that could be fun and enjoyable for the tourists. You will find many signs through the island that says “go slow” because only if you go slow you’ll be able to enjoy the view and every tiny detail about the island. The first and foremost thing to do in Caye Caulker is that you should embrace the expression of going slow. You can many things like going to the Split, swim with the sharks, scuba diving on the world’s largest Barrier reef, check out the beautiful sunset, take a stroll around the Whole South Island, eat fry jacks for breakfast, etc.
Yoga and Retreats
Yoga is a very healthy way of staying in good shape and also for the peace of the mind and body. Just as a workout helps you get in good shape and feel confident, yoga is also very beneficial for a healthy mind and muscles. Yoga is the best way to relieve stress after a hectic day's job or perform yoga after waking up and you’ll be energized for the whole day. Some of the most popular yoga centers in Caye Caulker are:
- Island Magic And Beach Resort
- Namaste Yoga
Caye Caulker has a range of good quality and affordable accommodation options and you can find some cool places to live. There are hotels, guesthouses, hostels, guesthouses, and apartments according to your liking you can select the best option offered.
- Iguana Reef Inn
- Weyu Boutique Hotel
- Travellers Palm Backpacker Hotel
Hostels and Guest Houses
The hostels and guesthouses in Caye Caulker ask for no reservation charges as such and are very affordable too. The rooms have good service, private rooms, a strong WI-FI, and breakfast are quite good. Some most popular hostels and guesthouses in Caye Caulker are:
- Bella’s Backpackers Hostel
- Blue Wave Guesthouse
- Sea N Sun Guest House
Apartments are great for people who enjoy their personal space and would like to remain on the island for a longer period of time. The apartments also ask for no reservation charge just like in the hostels and guesthouses and have very affordable rates, there is the staff that speaks all languages for the benefit of both the tourists and the apartment. Some of the most popular apartments are:
- Macaw Apartments
- Bay Breeze Apartments
- Sea Song Beachfront Apartments
Couchsurfing is a very famous travel community that offers you to communicate with several members all around the globe. It’s the best way to experience Caye Caulker as a local. Connect with other tourists and share the experiences together. The couch-surfing service helps you find accommodations and meet other travelers, and much more.
Camping is the idle way to enjoy tourism, especially in the hotter months. There are several camp sites in Caye Caulker. Some of which are:
- Dream Cabanas
- Jan’s Hotel
- Barefoot Beach Belize
How to Get There
It doesn’t matter how you get to Caye Caulker, it’s a lovely place and the tourists enjoy coming down here. You Can either fly to Belize and then take a short plane ride or ferry to Caye Caulker or you can save money by traveling over to Chetumal, Mexico, and then take a ferry ride to Caye Caulker. There are options such as Buses, trains, Hitchhiking, or through a boat which are also some of the very convenient transportation options.
If you want to save some money then you should be looking for some cheaper flights, which can be possible through Skyscanner which consistently finds cheap flight fares. The airways that can help you get to Caye Caulker are American Airlines, Delta, United, Maya Island Air, Tropic Air, the Caye Caulker airport. Check and compare the prices of the flights which may give you an idea as to what should be the best and cheap flight fare.
The most popular bus service among the tourists is the ADO buses to Belize City. They have both night buses and the day, they have added the night buses recently which runs from Cancun and the Playa del Carmen. It usually takes 8 hours to reach to Caye caulker. Travel by the ADO buses which are cost-efficient and also are convenient which feels safer in general. Traveling by day with the ADO buses to Chetumal and then opt for boats.
One of the many ways to travel to Belize City is through trains. Trains that run to Belize City are from London Gatwick to Belize city’s Goldson International Airport or you can travel directly to Caye Caulker by the same train. Although, trains are not the cheaper way to travel to Caye Caulker, Belize.
Hitchhiking is one of the most logical and easy ways to travel to Belize, even the locals like hitchhiking here. There are many speedbumps on the roads of Belize. Public transportation is quite slow because of the size of the country.
You can take ferries or boats to Caye Caulker from Belize. The most popular ferry company is the Ocean Ferry Belize. It crosses up to 35 times every week and sails for a total of 45 minutes. If you would like to take a ferry or a boat to Caye Caulker, Belize then you must check the scheduled time for the same beforehand.
Caye Caulker is a small island where you can easily walk from one place to another in about 20 minutes so there isn’t really a need for vehicles to move around. But if you would need it then they have the golf carts that may help you move around the island or you can rent a bike. Many hotels offer them to guests and charge a small rental fee in exchange for them.
The island is very small and because of that there aren’t many transport facilities, so it’s idle for the people to walk around the island as it takes only 25 minutes to reach to the center of the sand road with coconut trees lined down the way where you could capture the gorgeous views of the sea and the island itself.
Bicycles are the second most used for moving around in Caye Caulker after the golf carts. There are plenty of bike rental facilities on the island which costs about US $7.50/day in addition to multiday discounts. All the bikes that are used are beach cruisers. The lodging providers also provide rental bikes to the tourist in exchange for a small rental fee.
There are Golf Carts that are used for traveling on the island. As the signs in Caye Caulker say “Go slow” they pretty much mean it because that there is an absence of cars and other vehicles on the island, also cause the island isn’t big enough.
Although, there aren’t any public buses in Caye Caulker you might be able to get to see some in Belize City. The bus companies that have the authority to run on the highways in the Western Zone in Belize are the BBOC, Guerra’s Bus Service, D and E, West lines, Middleton’s, and the Shaw Bus Services. The buses are cost-efficient and eco-friendly. There are bus services in the rural areas too.
Tram, Train and Subway
- There are no major trams in Belize and no signs of them in Caye Caulker as well.
- There are no active trains in Belize although there were rail lines previously but not anymore.
- There are no major subways in Caye Caulker nor in Belize.
Sustainable shopping refers to shopping in such a way that you don’t purchase things harmful to the environment or promote them and purchase goods that are cost-efficient and helps you connect with the local traditions and the people. The main exports of Belize are citrus products, sugar, seafood and the imports are fuels and lubricants, food, chemicals, transport equipment, and machinery. For a long now Belize is having a trade deficit in items that are traded.
A food market is said to be an area which is designed for the various restaurants and cafés. One can visit the place for delicious local dishes. Some of the best restaurants are the Chicken Depot, Ice and Beans café, Belize Chocolate Company, etc.
Flea markets are a type of street market that provides a place for the local vendors to display their goods to sell them to the customers. These are often seasonal. Some of the Flea markets in Caye Caulker are:
- Chinatown Market
- Chans Market
- Caye Caulker Humane Society
Second Hand Stores
Second-hand stores are a place that sells second-hand goods which are mostly electronics. Some famous second-hand stores in Caye Caulker are:
- Little Blue Gift Shop
- Scuba Sensation
Sustainable eco-fashion is a great initiative taken to foster a change in the fashion system and the products for the betterment of society and the environment. The most famous brands that make eco-fashion clothes and accessories in Caye Caulker are:
- Coral Eyewear
- Cucumber Clothing
Caye Caulker regularly comes up with great ideas for minimizing the wastes and recycling ideas such as the Collection of Aluminum cans in return for money. The Bowen and Bowen company offer 5 cents for every soda bottle brought to them. They give several ideas to the people as well such as reduction of household trash by composting.
Wastes are something that has passed their expiry date and cannot be used anymore. There are different methods to know this. Some of the recycling companies in Caye Caulker are:
- The Belize Recycling Company
- Cartridge Recycle Company
- Caribbean Advanced Recycling, Inc.
Work and Study Abroad
There are many studying abroad programs in Caye Caulker, Belize. The two of most popular study programs are the Tropical Marine Ecology and Conservation (CELA BELIZE) and the Broad reach Summer Adventure for Students.
There are several exchange programs in Belize such as the Fulbright-Hays program, Sports Envoy programs, Arts Envoy, Youth Ambassadors, American Music Abroad, the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program. These programs are very popular and promise to change student’s lives and education into something awesome.
Au Pairs are helpers from a foreign country who agree to take care of the household chores of the people in return for a monetary allowance. The Au Pairs mostly apply for the jobs of childcare. There are opportunities available for the Au Pairs in Caye Caulker.
If a person takes a part of someone else’s job voluntarily and delivers the services required to the person it’s said to be Volunteering. Caye Caulker asks you to come volunteer and help the animals at P.A.W. and along with volunteering you can stay on the island and enjoy the excellent dives, food and drinks, snorkeling, and many other fun things to do. Many opportunities are now available for volunteers, doctors, nurses, healthcare professionals.