Eco-friendly travel guide to Kuala Lumpur advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Air quality: 2.5 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 3.5 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 3.5 / 5
- Public transportation: 4 / 5
- Parks: 3.5 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 3 / 5
- Locals' English level: 3 / 5
- Safety: 3.5 / 5
- Accommodation: US$10 - $500
- Budget per day: US$30 - $600
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Kuala Lumpur is very well known all around the world for being the capital of Malaysia. The popularity of this capital city is around 2 million people and a high number of tourists visit this city annually. Kuala Lumpur is the economic, cultural, and financial center of the country but the beautiful places and lifestyle attract people to witness the place itself. Kuala Lumpur is very famous around the countries for having many landmarks including the world’s tallest twin skyscrapers. When you are visiting this city, make sure to keep these things in mind for moving and enjoying the city as an eco-friendly tourist.
- When you are in the Kuala Lumpur city, make sure to use local transportation services like buses, taxis, and others that will help you to move comfortably around the city and keep your travel eco friendly. It will also help you to save a lot of transport expenses.
- Shopping is essential for every tour and it will help you to get the best experience of the place. There are many local shops in the city that sell unique products. Make sure to visit these shops and buy them if you like, it will help the local people very much.
- Another thing that you need to try in the city is the local foods. As a part of this city is dependent on tourism, it will help them very much if you buy street foods from the local food shops. It will help you to get a lifetime experience in the city.
- You will find many green hotels in the city that are very eco-friendly and comfortable for your stay. You do not have to find many different places to find a green hotel. It will help you to stay healthy and keep the city pollution-free.
- There are many city parks around Kuala Lumpur city that will take you closer to nature. You will be able to get fresh air and a nice green view surrounding you.
- Make sure to make a purchase from the local shops in the city. From jewelry to clothes, you will find local shops selling all of these unique and traditional items. You can bring those as a souvenir for your loved ones.
Air Quality and Pollution
The air quality and pollution of the Kuala Lumpur city might be acceptable for most of the individuals. But compared to different cities of western countries, the condition is bad. People who belong to a sensitive group might experience some moderate symptoms when staying in the city for a long time. The air of this city has reached a high level of pollution and tourists need to be cautious if they have health conditions like asthma or others.
You might want to take some safety precautions and some medicines with you when visiting the city. It will help you to ensure the safety of your health and spend a good time in the city. The air quality index of Kuala Lumpur is 84, which is considered to be poor. The pollutants in the air have crossed the limitation established by the WHO. May to February is the best time to visit the city and have less pollution in the air.
Respect the Culture
On your tour to Kuala Lumpur city, one of the best and attractive things is the culture of the place. Without witnessing the culture, you will not be able to get the best experience of your tour. You will get to meet new people, traditions, lifestyles, culture, and many other things. Apart from the landmarks and beautiful places, the unique culture of this city is another thing that pulls the tourists here.
Being the capital of Malaysia, this city is the cultural center of the country. You will get to see different ethnicities in this city mainly such as Chinese, Malays, and Indians. So, you will be able to see many different traditions here of all the different cultures. But the unique culture of this city also helps you to witness the Punjabi culture and the Orang Asli.
Top 10 Places to Visit
Without having any further doubts or queries, we all can say that Kuala Lumpur has some fascinating places. So this section is very important for you to know the places in the city where you should visit. They are mentioned below; just go through them, and you will get a fair idea.
- Petronas Twin Towers - Though it is a building complex, people have made it a tourist destination. It is a side by side tower where you can get to capture the best moments of your life.
- Menara Kuala Lumpur - One of the longest towers in the city which you have never imagined before. Never even think of missing it because it is a never seen before the tower. Remember this thing and visit here as soon as possible.
- National Mosque of Malaysia- You will see that this mosque has got at least 4.7 stars on the internet. The biggest mosque, which occupies a huge area, and people from different places come here. Try it yourself, and you will not feel like complaining or giving negative reviews.
- Central Market - Now, if you are interested in shopping, then it is the market where you would get most of the products. Go for it and see how easily you can easily fulfill your demands of buying the best products.
- Kuala Lumpur City Gallery - A gallery where you would get the best collections and paintings of the city. Go through this place, and you can make all your dreams come true and that too within a specified period of time.
- Planetarium Negara - If you want to experience stars to the closest, then come here immediately. Here the shows are fantastic, and you will know a few things which no one has told you earlier.
- Symphony Lake Water Show - A fountain where you can get amazed after discovering the light and sound show. People criticize this place, but after discovering it closely, they always recommend it to their beloved persons.
- Blue Coral Aquarium - An aquarium where you can see the best sea creatures and know about their origin. The right time to visit here is an evening where you can not only enjoy but also get a live aquarium experience.
- Ayer Hitam Forest Reserve Trail - Go for a long trail, and you will know the purpose behind this place. Besides trail, this place also gives you an opportunity to see something which you might not have dreamt before.
- Taman Eko Rimba Kanching Waterfalls - A waterfall where you will see a fantastic adventure and feel like having a lot of fun-filled activities. Doubt tick this place in your travel diaries and never miss it for any chance.
The city of Kuala Lumpur can easily attract people from various parts of the globe. If you see the city parks and museums, then you will never feel like returning back. Therefore, try out these destinations for once and explore something very different.
- KLCC Park - One of the best parks in Kuala Lumpur, where you can get to discover greenery to the fullest. It also features a beautiful lake which you might not have seen before. You can also bring your children here and make them feel the beauty of this place. They will not only love it but also get absorbed into its lovely ambiance.
- Jelatek Public City Park - Whoever visited this park has given some of their best reviews and feedback about it. There is a pool located here where you will get to see a huge crowd of ducks. Carry a piece of bread with you and feed them during the time of the evening. Now, if you are not interested in it, then here are many other recreational activities like a playground, jogging track, and many more.
- KL Forest Eco Park - Though it is a rainforest, people in the city call it a national park. You cannot imagine that this park has the best nature trail, which will give you a fine exposure. Whoever has tried it has never felt like criticizing it or writing any negative feedback.
- Plaza Tugu Negara - A historical park which has the best statues and sculptures of the ancient historians. You will see that this place is spread all over the internet and also has special popularity.
- Taman Burung - This park is famous for the best species whom you would love to see in a different form. Not only the people of Malaysia visit this place and enjoy it to an extent level. The fact is that people from different parts of the world come here and get the world's best satisfaction.
- Perdana Botanical Garden - People who are addicted to botany for them it is a must-visit place. Here you will get to find a wide variety of botanical gardens and want to know more about them. Never miss this opportunity of visiting here because it might not come again and again.
In simple words, we can say that there are no beaches in Kuala Lumpur. But there is nothing to worry about because a few districts are there near to the city where you will get the finest beaches. Though you have to travel a little bit after visiting there, you would not feel like returning anymore.
- Merdeka Square - People in the city call this a place that recalls the Malaysian culture and tells a lot of things. After landing up in the city, this landmark can be your line of sight, and you will feel like visiting it very soon. Every year on 31st August, which is Malaysian Independence Day, the flag is hoisted, and a crowd is gathered. No one misses it as this landmark reminds you of how Malaysia got independence.
- Sultan Abdul Samad building - A place that can tell you about the days of the 19th Century and how things were made more accessible. Whoever misses it always curses themselves and thinks about how big a mistake they have committed. Never take this place lightly because you will get to learn the majority of the things from here only.
- Sri Maha Mariamman Temple - Every Indian who visits Malaysia comes to this temple and wishes the best thing. It is said that after you wish anything from your true heart over here, then it always comes true. You might think that it is a joke or a false statement, but make a fair attempt and see the result.
- National Museum of Malaysia - If you have not visited this museum, then you have to remember it and come here for at least once. The museum is filled with artifacts of the early age, and you would get enticed by them. Make a note of it and mark it as a very important place.
- Islamic Arts Museum - Visit this museum and discover various forms of arts by knowing about their nature. And the moment you understand them, then you will never feel like going back to your normal life.
- Petrosains the discovery center - A science museum that is loved by the kids, and they get addicted to it very soon. You would also have fun because some of the extra museums active will give you a nice pleasure.
Your tour to Kuala Lumpur city is not complete without having some good food in the city. You need to taste some of the best and local foods of the city to understand the culture and tradition very closely of the local people. As the city has a mixed culture, you will be able to get different types of local foods here such as Mayan food, Indian food, and Chinese food. The prices of most foods are cheap compared to many other cities in different countries.
Make sure to buy the foods from local street foods, as a traveler, you will be helping them and supporting them to keep up giving the taste of their culture to the tourist. You will get many street food shops on your way to different places as many families are completely dependent on tourism. These foods are also just as good as any other restaurants and very close to the traditional local foods.
Traditional Local Restaurants
If you want to waste no time eating international foods while in Kuala Lumpur city and take your focus to try traditional foods, then you need to try these famous traditional restaurants in the city.
- Oversea Restaurant - Many local people will happily recommend to you to try the foods in Oversea restaurant. This is one of the Chinese restaurants in Kuala Lumpur that will help you to know the lifestyle and food choices of the Chinese culture of the city. The specialty of this restaurant is the delicious dish named char siu. Also, some other ones that you need to try are ham Yue fah lam poh, and others.
- Kedai Makanan Nam Chun - If you want to try the true aroma and taste of the Malaysian dishes, then you need to visit this restaurant. It comes with a very affordable price and signature local foods such as char kway teow, wan tan mee, and other delicious dishes.
- Bala’s Banana Leaf - If you have never eaten on a banana leaf, then visit this place to get this ultimate food experience. All the guests in this restaurant get their food served on a banana leaf, which is very unique and famous around the city. They fill the plate with different vegetables, fishes, and basmati rice, which is cooked in a pure Indian way. The places will help you get the best Indian culture and food in the city.
Vegetarian and Vegan
Many tourists maintain their healthy diet by eating vegetables and keep the tour eco-friendly. Eating healthy vegetables and different vegan dishes helps travelers to stay healthy and fit. Well, if you are one of them, then you do not need to worry much as there are many different vegan restaurants available in the city.
- The Ganga Cafe - One of the best vegan restaurants in the Kuala Lumpur city that you need to visit on your tour is the Ganga Cafe. It provides some of the best Indian cuisines with different flavors such as Gujarati cuisine, banana leaf vegetarian buffet, and other rich delicacies.
- Ashley’s by Living Food - If you want to try some of the best vegan foods, then do not forget to make a stop in this restaurant. Along with delicious and high-quality meals, you will also get the option to get gluten-free meals in this restaurant. The homemade slices of bread and success are completely organic here along with fresh vegetables.
- Bakti Woodlands - Enjoy the best northern and southern Indian vegetable dishes in this restaurant to get the best experience. You need to visit this restaurant very early to get a seat as it is very crowded. While you are in this restaurant, make sure to try the Madras Thali and others.
One of the best things about the city is the street foods that help to give the best tradition and culture. You will be able to get some of the best street foods in every corner of this city. There are some of the street foods available that are very popular all around the world. You will be amazed to see the street food options and it will surely wake up the real foodie in you. Some of the best street foods that you need to try in Kuala Lumpur are given below.
- Satay - One of the best street foods that you need to try is the bamboo sticked grill seasoned meat named Satay.
- Rojak - Another very good and local food that you need to try is the Rojak, which is a mixed salad that includes cucumber, pineapple, green mango, jicama, and others.
- Nasi Lemak - To get the pure Malaysian touch, you need to try the Nasi Lemak. This is an iconic dish in Kuala Lumpur that contains rice cooked with coconut milk, boiled eggs, roasted peanuts, crunchy anchovies, and sweet sabai. You can pair the dish along with fried chicken and other side dishes.
From coffee to cocktails, all different types of drinks are available in Kuala Lumpur city. You will be able to get various beverages, a variety of wines, and many other local drinks that will help you to know the locals well. If you are finding a bar or pub in the city, then you will not have to look much as it is plenty. Both local people and foreigners visit bars, pubs, and cafes in the city to get the best experience of having different drinks. Apart from beers and wines, you will also be able to get many options for non-alcoholic drinks as well. Make sure to drink them from the local shops to get some traditional local drinks as well.
Unlike many other western cities, the tap water of Kuala Lumpur is not safe for travelers to drink. It is better to drink water from the packed bottles instead of the local ones. Many locals might suggest filtering the tap water before drinking it to get the bad properties out and make it clear to drink. But it is better to avoid the tap-water as you might still get sick after drinking the filtered water as a traveler.
There are many shops available in Kuala Lumpur that have a huge collection of bottled water both local and international. They are not so cheap, but you have to use them if you are worried about your health. Places where you are unable to get the bottled water, make sure to boil the tap water from the nearest places, or carry one boiled tap water bottle with you as it is safe to drink once boiled. Apart from drinking, use the boiled water to brush teeth or wash your mouth.
Organic foods are one of the healthiest foods that come without any chemical uses. As an eco-friendly traveler, you do not have to worry in this city for having organic foods. There are many different restaurants and cafes in the town that have organic dishes and other organic ingredients. Here are some of the cafes and restaurants that you need to visit on your tour to Kuala Lumpur for the best organic foods.
- Organica Lifestyle - For getting the best organic food, then you need to visit the Organica Lifestyle. It is located in the Bangser, you will be able to chill in this place very well. You will get all the vegetarian dishes here from nasi lemak to frittatas.
- EcoGreen Organic - When you are visiting Kuala Lumpur, you will hear the name of this well-known restaurant everywhere. This place is famous for serving organic dishes to customers. Make sure to have some taste of famous Asia-fusion dishes that include nasi ulam, brown rice, charcoal noodles, and any more.
Without having proper breweries, you will not be able to explore the city and its culture. The city offers a few collections of breweries and it is one of the last places that a beer lover wants to visit. It is very hard to get the license to brew in the city and there are only two and a half brewers available in the city.
As the city has a high alcohol tax, you will not be able to find many shops on the road. However, there are some places that you can visit to get international craft beer options. Visit these places to get the best experience of having breweries in Kuala Lumpur.
- Delirium Cafe Kuala Lumpur - You will be able to find this cafe near the famous Petronas Towers and the musical lake. Some of the special menus of this cafe include 12 taps of Belgian beers, canned or crafted beers, and local beers.
- Ales & Lagers - If you are in love with getting flavors, then you need to visit the Ales & Lagers. The place has a limited collection but most of them are exceptional and rare. You will be able to get some specialized and experimental brews like Bak Kut Teh Beer, and others.
Kuala Lumpur is not only popular for having famous landmarks, there are many places in the city where you can perform different activities. As the people of this city like to stay healthy and fit, you will get to see many gyms and yogas. Apart from that, the city offers different places like twin towers, lakes, gardens, and famous parks that will help you to get close to nature.
Historic and world-famous places are there in the city that you can visit and perform activities. You can also ride bikes, hike mountains, go fishing, and perform many other outdoor activities in the city. As there are many forests and parks available, the thrilling experience of exploring deep forests and witnessing wild animals is also there.
If you are more into sports, then there are many parks in the city, where you can visit to have some of the best sports experience. From outdoor games to indoor games, everything is available in these fun parks.
Yoga and Retreats
Many tourists like to take care of their health on their tour and join local yoga centers to take care of it. Taking a break from the hectic journey and relaxing at their yoga retreats help very much to get your energy back. From online to offline yogas, the city offers you various options to get in a good shape here. As the local people of Kuala Lumpur are very well known for maintaining their health, you will be able to find many yoga centers and retreats in the city.
- Yoga Detox Retreat 4 days 3 nights, Furnished Studio Apartment - The studio is completely furnished and offers a nice ambiance. The charge for one person is $555, two persons $888, and $999 for 3 persons
- Aravind Yoga KL (AYKL), Aerial Yoga - This yoga training center is located near Merdeka Square which offers different yoga schedules. You can check the routine and book classes here.
- Airo Yoga - Aerial Yoga Kuala Lumpur - Another reasonable yoga studio that you can choose to enjoy your stay in the city.
Staying and spending days in a city depends a lot on the hotels and motels of the place. Staying in a hotel that provides different services helps you to get the best time in the city and have a great experience. You will be able to find many accommodation options in the city from different places but it's best to book a hotel that is close to the city center. It will help you to reach different attractive spots easily.
Also, the city center is the most crowded spot in the city where you will get to see many shops, different local foods, and other tourists. No matter what type of accommodation you are searching for, you will be able to find most of the types here. As an eco-friendly traveler, you will also get the option of green hotels to make your stay healthy and well. You will also get some hotels in the city that offer the best view of the twin towers.
If you want to avoid the crowds of big cities and relax, then here are some of the green hotels that you can choose for your stay in Kuala Lumpur.
- G Tower Hotel - Do you want to stay in a hotel that is famous for reducing the carbon footprint? G Tower Hotel is the best one for you not in Kuala Lumpur but in Malaysia. This hotel is very well known as the first green-rated hotel in Malaysia. This hotel uses different techniques to lower energy consumption. But the hotel is very luxurious and holds the best environment.
- The Element Kuala Lumpur - This hotel is very famous in the city for holding the achievement of being the tallest eco-friendly hotel in Kuala Lumpur. There are more than 252 spacious rooms in the hotel along with an on-site swimming pool and restaurants to ensure the best stay for tourists and locals.
- Dusuntara Jungle Resort - Completely different from all the above-mentioned hotels, this place will give you one of the best jungle stay experiences. The jungle retreat is located near the Selangor District near the foothills. You can contact the retreat to reserve a room in this retreat.
Hostels and Guest Houses
Before stepping into the city, you need to know what are the best places in this city to stay for your tour. You will get plenty of options for hotels in the city from low to high price, three-star to five-star with different offerings. Both online and offline bookings are available in most of these hotels. Here are some of the best ones that you can choose to enjoy your stay.
- The Westin KL - One of the well-known hotels in Kuala Lumpur that offers more than 380 spacious rooms in a 35 storey building. You will be able to find this hotel near the Golden Triangle in Bukit Bintang. The hotel offers a kid's club, rooftop, and very good service.
- Mandarin Oriental KL - If you want to get the ultimate luxurious experience, then you need to stay in this hotel. This hotel is located near the * KLCC, near the center of the city park. This is a five-star hotel that offers great service to the customers along with 30 stories with a lot of rooms, two nightclubs, an infinity pool, a fitness center, and the best view of Petronas Towers.
Are you planning to stay at the apartments on your journey to Kuala Lumpur city? Well, renting apartments will not be much of a problem in the city as you will get many opinions. You can take the help of different services to rent apartments at an affordable price. Choosing a renting apartment helps to save a lot of money and stay comfortable in the city. It is best to find and book the apartment before stepping to the city. It will help you to get a better service and save the time of finding one in the city. Here are some of the apartments that you can pick in the city for the best experience in the city.
- Star Residences, KLCC
- The Mews Luxury Condominium
- Fraser Residence
- Southbank Residence
- Eko Cheras Residence
Travelers like to find Couchsurfing in different cities, which helps them to stay in the city for a long time and save a lot of money. Couchsurfing is a community of travelers from different places around the world who offers other travelers to stay in their home and roam the city.
You will be able to enjoy the city and its culture like local people. To find the hosts in Kuala Lumpur, you can take the help of different services. It is easier to discover the hosts before going to the city, it will help you to save time. There are many people who are offering Couchsurfing in Kuala Lumpur that you can take the help of.
There are many tourists who like to do adrenaline rushing adventures in different places they visit. Well, Kuala Lumpur city is not only filled with landmarks, parks, and museums, there are many different suitable spaces that give the best camping experience. It is one of the best accommodations that you can choose in Kuala Lumpur to stay near nature and save a lot of money. You will be able to get the raw adventure in the heart of nature by camping in these places. Here are some perfect places for you to camp in Kuala Lumpur.
- KL Forest Eco Park Campsite - This is one of the best camping sites in Kuala Lumpur, which is located right next to the KL Tower, It has a huge collection of wild animals.
- FRIM Camping Area - For the best camping experience in the jungle, you can choose this camping site which is one of the most popular ones in the city for offering a great view of the waterfall and lush green.
How to Get There
One of the most important things that you need to know before planning on your tour is what is the best option to reach the destination in a short time and a reasonable price. You need to know every single detail of different transport options, which can help you in your journey. You will get different options like cars, airways, trains, and many others.
Although most of the people from different countries choose the airways the best option for reaching Kuala Lumpur and saving a lot of time in the process. You can book the tickets using online services of different transformation systems to smoothly reach the city without any complications. Here are some transportation options and details about them given below to help you to know which is the best one for you.
As mentioned earlier, the airway is the best option to reach Kuala Lumpur from different countries. The city has its own airport named Kuala Lumpur International airport serving two terminals. This airport is very well connected to all the different countries and cities around the world such as Delhi, Beijing, London, Tokyo, Singapore, and others. You will be able to catch a flight from different places to reach Kuala Lumpur.
Some airlines from different countries also serve this airport such as Air India, British Airways, AirAsia, Jetstar Asia, Air China, and others. Compared to all the other transportation options, the air is the most convenient way that saves a lot of time and helps you to travel comfortably. Make sure to book a ticket early from the departing date as the bookings might get full if you are late.
The bus is always a very good option to travel to different cities and also it comes with a cheap fare that helps to save a lot of money. If you travel from the other cities in Malaysia, then you will get many options to reach the city as it is very well connected with other cities. North-South Expressway is very well connected to all the other cities in Malaysia.
Karak Highway is one of the highways that connect the East Coast States such as Terengganu, Pahang, and Kelantan.there are several bus stations and terminals in the city such as Hentian Putra, Pudu Sentral, Pekeliling Bus Terminal. Make sure to book the bus tickets online before your tour date to confirm your seat on the bus.
However, the bus journey from different countries might be too hectic for the travelers as they have to change many buses on their way to the city. It is best to avoid the option of a bus if you are traveling from different countries.
Although the flight is the most chosen option to travel to Kuala Lumpur city, you can also travel to the city by train. It will cost you more time than by air, but the experience of going on a tour by train is very different. You will be able to see all the beautiful sceneries from the windows and along with great comfort. Kuala Lumpur is very well connected with different countries by the railway.
You will be able to get the train from this city from the neighboring countries very easily. International trains are very widely available in this city but make sure to book the tickets online to not end up on the waiting list. As the train tickets tend to get booked very fast, you need to be very early to book a seat for yourself successfully. If you are traveling from different cities in Malaysia, then you will be able to get the trains to Kuala Lumpur very easily at a reasonable price.
If you want to get to the city by hitchhiking, then you will be able to get many different options like the big toll gate in the south of the city. This is known to be one of the best hitchhiking places for travelers. But the place is not too easy to reach for people and for that reason many people avoid it. They might have to take a lot of walking to reach there starting from crossing the rail tracks to covering the bridge, which is a very long walk.
If you are successful to reach the tall gate and go through the hole in the fence following the little footpath, then you will be able to get behind the tall gate, where you can start to hitch. The total time that you will need to reach this place is around 45 minutes from the LRT station by walking. It is one of the best hitchhiking among all the other ones that will help you to get to the city.
There are many other ways of transport options available to you if you are traveling from the cities in Malaysia or other countries. You can always reach the city by the road having 4 wheels, or two wheels. It will take you a lot of time, but you will need a lot of time compared to other options to reach your destination.
You can also book a cab to travel from other cities to Kuala Lumpur. Most people avoid these options because they are both time taking and very expensive. A hectic journey is not a very good start of a tour, so it is better to stick with the option of flight or train.
Moving around the city will help you to get the best experience in the city and find some of the best places. However, you need to know what are the available options that you can use to move around the attractive places in the city. There are many different transportation options that you can choose to get the best experience in the city.
Some of them take less time and some others are cheaper. The most common ways of moving around in the city are walking, riding cycles, and taking electronic vehicles. So, here are some details about these transportation methods.
If you do not want to miss a little bit of this place, then you need to walk down the streets. Walking might be the best option to witness the local culture and people of this city. You will be able to find many walking lanes that are separated from the car roads and well connected around the city.
Compared to other transportation processes, walking takes less time to reach important places. You do not have to be stuck in traffic or wait for the signal to go to your destination. Make sure to carry some essentials like food and water while you are planning to tour the city on foot.
If you like to travel the whole city riding bicycle, then you have the option available. Also, there are many parks in the city where you can ride your bicycle as much as you want. Riding a bicycle is no doubt one of the best eco-friendly options that help to keep nature clean and helps you to get to your destination faster.
The lanes and roads are very well maintained by the city officials that helps the riders to ride safely and comfortably in the city. If you want to take care of your health and prevent pollution on your tour, then a bicycle is the best travel option. There are many rental services available both online and offline that will give you a bicycle on rent for limited days. Make sure to book them faster to avoid any last time hectic issues.
Most of the tourists choose electronic vehicles to get a tour of the city. There are both advantages and disadvantages to this travel medium just like other ones. From taxi to self-driving cars, you will be able to get many electronic vehicles in your way. They are expensive compared to the other mode of transportation but they also help you to reach your destination faster. It is the best option if you are visiting someplace far within the city using high roads.
When it comes to going around the lanes of the city to reach someplace in the crowded area, the vehicles might not be the best option as you will need to wait in the traffic and signals. So, make sure to have some patience to wait a long time in the traffic. When it comes to availability, you will be able to get many vehicles around the city to hire or rent. It is one of the comfortable modes of transportation that helps you to sit back and relax. You can book or rent these cars both online and offline in the city.
If you want to save money while traveling to different places in the city, then a bus is the best option for you as a mode of travel. You will be able to find a lot of buses in the city and all of them help to give a very nice and comfortable riding experience. Buses are very frequent in this city and you will be able to get ones easily from the bus stands. The best thing about this transportation mode is that it helps you to get to the destination very fast in a cheap fare that helps to save time and money.
Also, you can catch the KL city bus, which is known to be a free bus service in the city. The best way to recognize these buses is looking for buses that are purple in color. Most of the Go KL bus comes in purple color and it is very much available in the districts. Most of these buses run near the popular sites of the city to help travelers move from one place to another.
Tram, Train and Subway
Different parts of Kuala Lumpur city are now connected by train because of the new Mass Rapid Transit (MRT). But there are any other services available except the MRT such as monorail, Ktm Komuter, Light Rail Transit (LRT), and others. All of these trains travel through the iconic places of the city and help the tourists to travel easily like KLCC, Muzium Negara, Central Market, and others.
You can buy the ticket from the stations or online to travel on these trains. However, if you are planning for a long visit, then you can also buy the weekly passes or Touch 'N' Go card to travel at a cheaper price. You will be able to avoid the crowd, signals, traffic, and other complications on your way to the destination and get a very comfortable journey experience in these trains.
A tour of a place is never complete without having good shopping. It helps to give you the best experience and witness the culture up close. You will be able to get many different local shops that sell traditional items. Make sure to buy from the local shops to support them and help them make a living. As an eco-friendly traveler, make sure to try the eco-friendly shops such as recycled or send hand items.
There are many shops and markets in this city that will help you to get recycled items at a reasonable price. Eco-friendly sustainable stores that promote zero-waste are increasing rapidly in the city and many locals are tying hearse products. You will be able to get some branded eco-friendly stores too in Kuala Lumpur city. Here are the details about these stores that will help you to get from bamboo toothbrushes to recycled furniture.
For many travelers, food is one of the necessary things in travel as it helps to understand the lifestyle of local people. Roaming the food markets is always good, as you will be able to get close to the locals and get to learn about different cooking and eating ingredients. Some of the food markets also have some food stalls filled with delicious local foods. Here are some places that you need to visit to have the best shopping experience.
- Taman Connaught - One of the very popular places which get more alive at night. This palace is stretched more than 1.2 miles and you will need around 1.5 hours to explore the market. There are more than 700 stalls in this market that sells cheap food ingredients, cooked food, and other goods both local and international.
- Jalan Alor - If you are Kuala Lumpur, make sure to include this market to your must-visit list. You will be able to find this place on your way to the Changkat and Bukit Bintang. You will be able to dine in this market and shop for some of the colorful and local vegetables. Explore the whole market to get authentic organic foods for the best taste.
Shopping with a twist is always very good for the tourists and they often look for flea markets wherever they go. If you are one of them, then you do not have to worry much as you will get many flea markets in Kuala Lumpur city. Some of the best flora markets that can help you get some of the best crafts, antiques, and hidden gems are given below.
- The Curve - One of the best flea markets in Kuala Lumpur and is very well known for having a diverse collection. You will be able to get biscuit key chains to plastic earrings in this market. There are many stalls scattered through the area with a huge collection of vintage objects.
- Amcorp Mall - Another very old flea market that is very popular among both locals and foreigners. This market holds a vast collection of antique and vintage items. The vendors of this market are as old as the market and have been selling things since 1998. You will need a lot of time to explore the whole market as there are a total of 300 stalls.
Second Hand Stores
In the last few years, the second-hand shops of Kuala Lumpur city have developed very much. Using second-hand products is a great way to decrease wastes and help the city become eco-friendly. While many travelers always buy second-hand clothes, ornaments, and other essentials, local people of the city have started to adapt these things also. If you want to get some of the best second-hand shops to purchase some products, then visit these places.
- Buntil - One of the oldest second-hand clothing shops in the city that is very popular for selling second-hand vintage and new clothes. You will get some of the rare vintage collection of clothes shoes that look new at an affordable price.
- Sha Shaari Boutique - if you are in love with bags or want to bring some unique designed bags for your loved ones, then make sure to visit this place once. They have rare vintage prices of bags and some old designs in mint condition.
- Objekt-object - As the name suggests, you will get some of the oldest vintage rare items in the shop along with new aesthetics and designs of this time also. Some of the things that you can expect here are old glasses, typewriters, flower vases, and other accessories.
If you want to try some eco-friendly fashions that will help you to stay healthy in the city and make the city safe, then there are many options available in the city that you can try. These shops promote zero waste and recycling that helps to keep the environment safe. Here are some of the best shops to buy eco-friendly fashion.
- The Little Clothing Shop - This is one of the shops that help to promote zero wastes. They make sure that no fabric is wasted to make clothes. They use many different methods to make clothes that help to produce almost zero wastes. You will get fashionable clothes for both adults and children in this unique shop.
- Minimalism - MUNI is one of the very well known brands in KL for being eco-friendly. They use natural botanical dyes instead of the chemical ones that help to make the clothing both eco friendly and very natural. You will be able to get bags, t-shirts, cushion covers, scarves, and other things from the studio.
- Real.m - This is another eco-friendly shop that aims to use the inspiration from mother nature to build products. These fashionable items are great for green travelers, some of these include blankets, men's fashions, women fashions, bags, and others.
Recycling is a great way to make the environment clean from pollution and wastes. Many wastes are polluting the sea and making it hard for sea creatures to survive. Also, these wastes are slowly polluting the whole earth. So, many countries and different cities have started to take care of the environment by recycling things.
Kuala Lumpur is one of the cities that have many different recycling shops and markets with eco-friendly products. But people still need to be concerned about this situation and adapt to the recycling products. You will be able to find many shops around the city that have a huge collection of recycled products like bags, clothes, blankets, bedsheets, and others.
According to the different reports, the waste accretion of Kuala Lumpur city is 1.2 percent tons per year. The solid waste output of this city is around 0.85 kg per day. But the city is trying to lower the waste produced by different things. They are trying to promote recycling products and there are many shops in the city that offer mind condition recycled essentials. Most of the travelers like to buy those recycled products to keep the waste low.
In the past free years, the locals are also trying to cope up with the changes and adopt recycled products. As the pollution index is very poor in this city, improving the environment is very important. As an eco-friendly traveler, you will get green hotels, green shops to organic restaurants here that will help you to keep the waste minimum.
Work and Study Abroad
Kuala Lumpur is very well known around the world in different countries for being the capital of Malaysia. The city is quite developed from different sectors, which include work and study too. When it comes to international students, you will find plenty of them here as the education system in Kuala Lumpur city offers higher education at an affordable price.
The number of international students is very high in the city as there are some of the best universities and colleges here. These universities and colleges offer good courses to students and they have different offers for international students that attract students from all over the world.
Apart from that, these students also have a permit to work in the city while studying to earn some pocket money and fess. There are many available jobs in the city that these students can take and earn a good amount of money. Taking the help of online job finders also helps very much to find the best available jobs easily.
Exchange student study is getting more and more popular in Kuala Lumpur as many students are deciding to go to the city for higher study. There are many exchange student opportunities that are there in the city for students to choose from. There is a specific semester in the city that is getting famous and inviting students from other countries.
Many other countries do not have this opportunity and study options like this one. Although most exchange students that come to the city are from neighboring countries and from Asia. But there are also some students who take part in other far away countries. In the near future, the exchange student concept is set to grow more and have a very good impact on the educational system of Kuala Lumpur.
Au Pair is available in Kuala Lumpur city but you will need to find a little bit hard to get a hold on them. This is one of the best options for students and foreigners to stay in the city. People who are planning to stay in the city from different countries can take the help of the au pair in the initial stage to both to earn money and get shelter. This is a good accommodation option available for tourists also.
Not only it helps the person but it also helps the host to do their daily work. For students, it is a very good chance to earn money and continue studying in a foreign country. You will be able to get a very good response from the local people when searching for au pair if you know where to search for them. Take the help of different services that help to find the perfect au pair for you as per your choice.
As the city is trying to improve the environment, you can volunteer after visiting the city to keep it clean. Volunteering is one of the best ways to keep the city clean and get to know the local people very well. You will also get help to get your language skill up one notch. There are many different services available that can help you to get volunteering.