Eco-friendly travel guide to Aberdeen advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to explore the attractions in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom.
- Air quality: 3.5 / 5
- Exploring by foot: 3 / 5
- Exploring by bicycle: 3.5 / 5
- Public transportation: 3.5 / 5
- Parks: 3.5 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 3.5 / 5
- Safety: 4 / 5
- Accommodation: US$30 - $200
- Budget per day: US$80 - $350
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 How to Get There
- 11 Moving Around
- 12 Sustainable Shopping
- 13 Recycling
- 14 Work and Study Abroad
- 15 See Also
Aberdeen is the most populous city in Scotland. The city is also known as the Granite City because of its quarried granite stone. These stones were used to build Trafalgar Square, Waterloo Bridge, London’s house of parliament, Thames Embankment, etc. The city is very famous for its beautiful infrastructure; the upper view of the city because of its good infrastructure and the popularity of the granite stones gives this city a new name as ‘’The Silver City’’. There are national parks covering the larger part of the city is the main attraction spot for the tourists. Surrounded by the sea is the best part of this city. If you want to spend a peaceful vacation then you should definitely visit Aberdeen.
- To be a responsible traveler you should always opt for ways that help the environment. Consider using electric scooters or bicycles to cover the central areas of Aberdeen
- The inner city can be traveled by walking. You can plan your trip accordingly so that it can help you to fulfill your duties as a traveler.
- Try to visit local places for food to support the economy of the country. It’s a great way to fulfill your duties as a responsible traveler.
- There are so many green parks which you can visit while staying there. You can enjoy the beauty of nature with fresh air.
- Try to travel through local transport as much as possible to show your support to the locals. Local buses, trams, railways can be the best options.
- Choose green hotels for your stay in Aberdeen. It will help you and the city to stay pollution-free.
- Try to have your meals in local restaurants. Street food of Aberdeen is very famous among the travelers. You can try these local street foods as well.
Air Quality and Pollution
The air quality of the city is quite good. There are a few places which are often called the hot spot of elevated pollution. This mainly occurs at the center of the city or on main roads. Harmful gases released from the heaters are very dangerous for humans. It has reached up a level where precautions are a must. Governments have taken several measures since the problem started and they are appealing to the public for using less fuel-based gadgets, instead use opt for public transports or carpools.
The government is constantly trying to understand the concept and managing to control pollution. The government is constantly working for the betterment of the city. The city is continuously improving day by day. The government has taken the initiative to reduce the amount of usage of such devices causing more pollution. With the help of these, they have managed to control the pollution up to a certain level. On the present date, pollution is very much in control. You can plan your trip to Aberdeen easily.
Respect the Culture
Aberdeen is well known for grey stoned buildings. The culture of the city is so dynamic that you need a moment to appreciate it all. There is a number of gardens which you can visit. You will be able to see their culture through these fine architecture crafted buildings. These are the oldest buildings carrying the history of Aberdeen. If you are a nature lover and wildlife lover then you should visit these places in Aberdeen. The seashore here is like a fairytale spot, you can leave all your worries and enjoy your day with your loved ones.
You can interact with locals during your tour of these places, this will help you to understand the culture of Aberdeen. People here are very helpful and understanding. This city has mostly an international population. The English language is ubiquitous here, and you can communicate with the locals freely with the help of this language. It makes the tour even more adorable.
From its music to fashion to literature, the Scottish culture is extremely rich and vibrant. You will have a lot of fun learning about it and enjoying it as well.
Top 10 Places to Visit
Aberdeen is the best city in Scotland where tourists from different parts of the world love to visit. There is just so much to do and see also the unique Scottish culture attracts a lo of tourists. Some of the places that are a must visit on your trip to Aberdeen are mentioned below:
- Aberdeen Art Gallery- Start your journey with this art gallery and get to see some lovely artworks by the prominent artists of Scotland. They will give you an in depth knowledge about Scottish history and the kind of art they love. If you are someone who is a history or art lover then definitely visit this place. The unique architecture will also prove to be a point of fascination.
- Balmoral Castle- This castle is owned by Queen Elizabeth and she likes to spend her summer here. The grounds, gardens and exhibitions at Balmoral are open to the Public on a daily basis. You can get an insight into the Royal life and spend the day frolicking about an ancient castle. What more can one ask for?
- Craigievar Castle- You cannot imagine that this castle was build in the year 1626 and is still famous even today. It is the residence of the Forbes family, who had bigger contributions in those days. To know the right facts about them and their works visit here as soon as possible.
- Provost Skene's House- This 16th century house named after George Skene is of its kind. The unique architecture, the grandiosity are a sight to behold. Plenty of options to eat and activities to enjoy as well.
- Cruickshank Botanic Garden- This massive garden built on a whooping 11 acres is open through out the year. It has shrub borders, a rock and water garden, sunken garden, rose garden, herbaceous border and an arboretum, and houses a nationally important collection of over 2500 labelled plants.
- St. Andrew's Cathedral- The history of St Andrews hospitality began when the Episcopalians found ways of welcoming people to their homes as they were persecuted for their form of prayers, an expression of their faith. It became visible when Bishop John Skinner made his Upper Room St Andrew’s Chapel, a tent pitched between the Merchants Quarters and the Slums of Aberdeen to welcome the rich and the poor, the learned and the ignorant, the native and the stranger.
Samuel Seabury, the First Bishop of the Free World was Consecrated here in 1784 by the Free and Independent Bishops in Scotland, inaugurating the birth of the Anglican Communion in Aberdeen.
* Hazlehead Park Pets Corne r- Do not go by its name because it is a zoo located in the heart of the city. Here you may not get lions and tigers, but the goat, sheep, and pigs will entertain you a lot.
- Aberdeen Science Centre- People in the city call it a museum, but in simple words, it is a center of science. This place displays some valuable experiments and proves their right significance. Come here and know the importance of science in our day to day lives.
- Johnston Gardens- This garden has a very beautiful pond where you can find some ducks and ducklings. Carry a piece of bread with you and feed them with nice pleasure. But if you miss it, then your trip is incomplete and does not have any meaning.
- Grosvenor Casino- Last but not least, is to visit this wonderful casino and play games like poker and blackjack. In the beginning, you may find it uninteresting, but later on, you would understand its value. And besides the casino, it also has a rocking music bar and a restaurant. Make a note of this place and mark it as a very important one in your travel diaries.
There is so much to explore in Aberdeen. From city parks to national parks, museums, beaches, landmarks etc. You will have an enjoyable experience while moving around and exploring different places in the city. It has a lot to offer to tourists but the best way to get the most out of your trip is to make an itinerary. This way you can explore maximum number of places in a short amount of time.
- Seaton Park- This public park with a secret walled garden is a must visit. You will feel closer to nature and will be able to experience some peace and quiet. It is a kid friendly park so you can bring along children with you who will enjoy as much as the adults.
- Westburn Park- You will notice that this park is filled with greenery and has a lot of open spaces. Take your kids to this place and play a game of cricket or football with them. You will have a nice time, and it would remain as your whole life memory.
- Donmouth Local Nature Reserve - It is a wildlife national park where you would get to know the real meaning of nature. After having its exposure, you would never feel like returning back to your normal life. Therefore, if you miss it, then you would curse yourself and develop unnecessary frustrations.
- Cairngorms National Park: The UK’s largest National Park, in the Scottish Highlands, offers masses of things to do including watersports, snowsports, wildlife watching, and some incredible high and low level walking and cycling routes.
- Aberdeen Beach - Without any doubt, we can say that the water of this beach is pure. Go for a swim, and you will feel the presence of it's water. And it is guaranteed that here you will get a thrill which you have only thought in your dreams.
- South Donmouth Beach- Here, you cannot go for a bath, but you can say that it is a better spot for your holiday. The waves of this sea are huge, and you can feel them to your depth. Visit here during the daytime of summer season and get to explore something very fascinating.
The most popular Landmarks in Aberdeen are:
- St. Machar's Cathedral
- The University and King's College of Aberdeen
- Brig o'Balgownie: Scotland's Oldest Bridge
- The Tolbooth Museum
- Aberdeen Maritime Museum - In this museum, you would get to discover some famous artifacts of ships and submarines of the '90s. They were very important and were used by the naval army in those days. Carry a notepad with you because it is not the right thing to miss that knowledge about marine life.
- The Tolbooth- People refer to this place as a jail where the ancient prisoners use to stay. Have a tour of this place and feel like being a prison, which was in those periods. Some of them call it a boring place, but you have to come here and decide how it is.
Local food is popular among travelers. Aberdeen is very famous for its meat and lamb. You will find the finest quality of meats here. There are plenty of dishes made from meats which you can try. The traditional dishes are very much in demand. The traditional Scottish cuisine is something worth trying if you are visiting Aberdeen. And if you want to know the culture of this city then you should try these dishes from the local restaurants. These local dishes utterly delicious and will definitely suit your taste buds.
Street foods are available in almost every corner of the city with variety of fast food. Some highly rated foods by travelers are Aberdeen rowie, Cullen, sheep’s head broth, stovies, Lorne sausage, scotch pie, etc. It is easily available and costs very less. They maintain good hygiene while preparing these foods. It’s mouth-watering and very delicious. You can always compare and decide according to your preferences.
Traditional Local Restaurants
The variation in dishes of the meat and lamb is always an attraction for the tourists here. Eating traditional foods in the cities is a must for a traveler. Your trip is incomplete without these authentic foods of the city. Here are some places where you can try these local flavors.
- Howies Restaurant – Howies Restaurant in chapel street is a famous restaurant in Aberdeen. It is popular for the varieties of meat dishes The potion of the meal is so appropriate that one can share it with the partner. The prices are very affordable. The service quality is excellent. There are different variants of traditional dishes which are also available here. You can choose from the menu according to your taste. There is a section in their menu where they have mentioned the allergies of each dishes which can be helpful for travelers.
- Goulash – Goulash is in Adelphi. This is the most well-developed restaurant in Aberdeen. They basically serve traditional Hungarian foods. Foods are excellent. One cannot miss the opportunity to eat in this restaurant while they stay in Aberdeen. This restaurant is famous for its authentic taste, which will definitely brighten up your day. The portion of the meal is good, and the atmosphere is amiable.
Vegetarian and Vegan
If you are a vegetarian and wondering what and where to eat in the land of seafood. Then no worries, here are few vegan restaurants only for you.
- Bonobo cafe – It is the most famous restaurant for people who prefer vegetarian food more. It is situated on Skene Street. They have a huge variety of vegetarian food on their menu. Prices are very affordable and pocket friendly. This restaurant is a great combination of price and quality. The restaurant is famous for its breakfast menu that includes sandwiches and cakes. It has a rooftop garden as well.
- Foodstory – It is the highest rated vegan restaurant situated in thistle street. They serve all vegan food. The quality and quantity of food are very nice. It is the highest rated vegan restaurant in Aberdeen. They have a variety of vegan foods. The presentation is also very eye-catching. They have a very good variety of food that tastes great which attracts more customers including non-vegetarians. The menu of this restaurant is very huge, you will find something new every time you visit here. They serve breakfast, lunch, and snacks.
There are varieties of street foods available all over the city. These options are very cheap and famous among travelers. You should definitely try these foods while you are there. All the street food of Aberdeen is basically fast food made up of lots of cheese and butter. Your trip is incomplete without these foods. Having street food from the local shops will help you to save your money and it will also support the economy of the country. As the city is very famous for its meats and lamb based food. You will find these varieties in their local stalls as well here are some famous street foods that you must try.
- A grilled cheese toast
- Chicken wings or cauliflower wings
- The craftsmen from the ultimate cheeseboard
- Fish and chips
You will find mouthwatering choices of drinks here. From beers to wine, spirits coffee, cider, and soft drinks. There are varieties of soft and hard drinks available in Aberdeen. Both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. It’s a treat for travelers; the drinks are affordable and easily available in local shops. It is very much in demand due to the friendly prices. The city is very popular for its nonalcoholic drinks as well. Mocktails are very famous among travelers.
IRN-BRU is the best selling soft drink brand of Aberdeen. It is the most famous, local drink of Scotland, it would be a waste if you don’t try it while your stay in Aberdeen. It’s beneficial for eco-friendly travelers to have local foods and drinks from local restaurants because it’s very cheap. Apart from these local common drinks are also available including coffee, tea, juices, etc.
The art of drinking tap water has been launched in Aberdeen, the government has taken the initiative to uplift people to stay saturated. Tap water is highly maintained here and is drinkable here. Water quality is very fine here in Aberdeen. Most of the water supplies come from aquifers. They have multiple water refill tanks located in different parts of the city. You can refill your bottles here, they are very safe to consume idly. You can carry your own bottles if you want. You can easily fill your bottles from the restaurants or hotels nearby. All the rural and urban areas are well connected with the reservoirs. So you will not face any problem in Aberdeen with water as the quality of the water is well maintained you can freely roam and drink water from the local places.
- Corner tree café – It is situated on Whitehall road, and it is prevalent for the varieties of coffee cakes and lunch. It’s a nice place for coffee lovers. If you are looking for a place to explore the varieties of coffee then this Corner tree café is the right place for you. The service is outstanding, and the atmosphere is very calm and cozy. The waffles are their best sellers. You can give it a try. They have varieties of snacks that go well with the different variants of coffee. It’s a good place to chill and you can get rid of your tiredness by having a sip of freshly brewed coffee here.
- The long dog café – It is situated on Claremont street. It is highly rated by the customers for their services and qualities of foods. All the foods are handmade with high-quality ingredients from organic products. The ambiance and the décor are very fine and smooth with some warm kinds of music. It is famous for its hot drinks and caramel shakes. The ambiance is nice and the well-crafted design on the walls will surely grab your attention. This café is dog friendly.
- Fierce Bar Aberdeen - This place serves the best-crafted beer. It has a very good ambiance and aura. The platters are marvelous and the ambiance is so peaceful and relaxed. This place is always filled with the locals. The food is also very good and highly rated by the customers. You are going to fall in love with foods and chilled crafted cold beer. They have varieties of food to satisfy your taste buds. Prices are also affordable. Wines and coffees are also very much in demand.
- Brew Dog Aberdeen – It is situated in Gallowgate. This place has wide sections of beers to choose from. All the staff here are very skillful, they know how to bring the best out of the best. . Though the place is a bit small but cozy. And the quality of the food and beer is outstanding. This place serves the best Variety of beer menu. It is always crowded or filled with locals and tourists.
- BrewDog Castlegate – A great brewery café on Union street. You can never go wrong with it while ordering anything from this place. This place serves freshly made beers. You will find a variety of burgers here. Among which the lamb tandoori burger is their best seller. This place serves the best beer and burgers in Aberdeen. The staff is very friendly.
- The Hop and Anchor– This place is great for casual dining. The place is really amazing if you want to have local meals from Aberdeen. They have their own beers which are quite popular amongst the locals and tourists. If you want to have a simple meal with beer on the side then this the best affordable place to dine out. This place comes with limited choices of beers but the taste is good. You should definitely visit this place while you are staying in Aberdeen.
There are more than a hundred places to visit in Aberdeen. This city is very famous for its historic culture and beaches. There is a number of museums and national parks which you should visit while staying in Aberdeen. Some places like Aberdeen maritime museum, Footdee, Duthie park winter gardens, Slains castle, The gorden highlanders museums, Johnston garden, etc are some of the most visited places by travelers every year.
Apart from these places, there are many outdoor and indoor activities, which can be considered as an option. There are so many options available for travelers. You can play outdoor games, can spend me-time at Balmedie beach. You can also attain yoga classes or any other learning courses. It will help you to build a great memory and will give you a chance to know more about the culture of the city.
Yoga and Retreats
As you are on the constant move, your mind and body need relaxation too. Taking care of your body and skin is very important even if you are traveling. There are several yoga centers in Aberdeen that can help you to restore your power. After a few sessions, you will feel more relaxed and strengthened. Most of the yoga centers have this cool ambiance filled with fresh forest air, which will help you calm your senses at once. Some of them have these 3 days yoga sessions especially for the travelers which you can give a try. You can choose the best yoga center for the sessions according to your preference through digital platforms. These centers have an option for online classes via zoom, which can be considered if you cannot attain the classes.
The accommodation structure of the city is very fascinating. Whether you want to live in rural or urban areas, you will find a variety of options here. You will find free wifi and parking in almost every hotel, motel, or apartment. Most of the tourists prefer Rosemount and midstocket area to stay in because it is situated in the central part of the city. And it is well connected with all the restaurants and other facilities. Accommodation is the very first thing a traveler looks for.
You need a place to keep your belongings while you are exploring the places. There is a number of travelers who visit Aberdeen every year. In the past few years, the number of visitors has increased tremendously. Keeping that in mind the accommodation structure of the city is very fascinating. Either you want to live in the middle of the city or in a rural area; you will find a variety of options here. You can take the help of the internet or a daily newspaper to find suitable accommodation for yourself.
As an eco-friendly traveler, you should always look for green hotels to stay. These green hotels are very much similar to regular hotels. These hotels help a lot to heal the environment as compared to regular hotels. Being an eco-friendly traveler, you should always opt for green hotels. These hotels will provide you all the facilities just like any other hotel. These are an eco-friendly hotel which helps to lessen the collision on the environment. Aberdeen has many eco-friendly hotels situated in different parts of the city including rural areas. Here are some famous Green hotels in Aberdeen which you can try.
- Holiday Inn Aberdeen west
- Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen
- Jurys Inn Aberdeen
Hostels and Guest Houses
There are plenty of hostels and guesthouses in Aberdeen. You will get so many options to choose from. If you are planning to stay longer than usual then you can go for these options. It will allow you to save your money. Hostels or guesthouse will be the perfect option for you. A guest house nearest to your desired location will be the best. It will cost you less as compared to the regular hotels and motels There is a number of guest houses available here.
- Jewel Guest House
- Denmore Guest House
- Arkaig Guest House
- Armadale Guest House
- Lochnagar Guest House
If you are a student or a business person and you are planning to stay in Aberdeen for a very long period of time then renting an apartment will be the best option for you. It is suitable for travelers who are planning to stay in Aberdeen for more than a month. You can leave your worries regarding shifting your furniture etc till you get comfortable with the new environment. You can get fully furnished apartments here in the city. You can search for online options to choose a perfect apartment for yourself. Here is the list of top-rated apartments in Aberdeen.
- Redcraigs Lodges
- Marischal Apartment
- Royel Athenaeum Suites
- Aberdeen services-apartments
- The Craibstone suites
If you are short of money or want to save some then couch surfing can be an option for you. Aberdeen is very famous for providing its travelers with opportunities to relax and take a break from city life. If you want to explore the city like the locals then couch surfing will be the best option for you. You can always relax a bit when your work for the day is done. They have multiple options for outdoor activities. For couch surfing, you might find a few. You can always look up to the internet for the best options available at the moment. It will allow you to explore more local places at once and it will give you the opportunity to learn their local language.
Aberdeen has a well-defined camping structure you can ever have. You can plan your trip to the Deeside holiday park. You will find locals of the city spending their weekends here a lot. These places are family-friendly, along with that you will get a laundry facility, internet access, w.c. Disposal etc. If you are an adventure seeker then you should definitely try a holiday park for camping in Aberdeen. Being an eco-friendly traveler, it will be a great opportunity for you to be a part of such camps. If you are staying there for a night then this will be the best experience one can collect from this city. Here are a few camping sites in Aberdeen you can visit.
- Marywell park Ltd
- Seaton Park Aberdeen
- Deeside Holiday park
How to Get There
Aberdeen is well connected to all the transport facilities. If you are traveling from other cities of Scotland, then you can have multiple options, airways, public transports, and private cars. As an eco-friendly traveler, you should opt for chargeable cars to avoid pollution to cover minimal distances. And if you are someone traveling from other countries then go for the airways as it is the best and fastest way to reach Aberdeen. It will be more convenient and comfortable if you are traveling with your loved ones. Taxis, buses, cars, trains are some other modes of transport here.
Traveling through airways is always very comfortable and fast. This will help you save your time and utilize them on other exciting things. Aberdeen International Airport is the nearest airport to the city. Dundee airport and Inverness airport are the major airports of Aberdeen having both international and domestic flights. Regarding the prices of the tickets, it can differ depending on the airline you are boarding on. You can always compare and choose according to your preferences. Choosing to travel through airways can be expensive but worth spending because it is fast and comfortable.
The transport network of Aberdeen is very wide and tangles. Opting for public transport while traveling inside the city is the best you can do to justify your duty as an eco-friendly traveler. Buses here are well connected with long or short distances. There are ticket machines available at all bus stops, you can book your ticket through these machines or you can directly buy it from the drivers. Traveling by bus can be a bit tiring but it will cost you less as compared to the other modes of travel. The buses here are well constructed and highly maintained, it can assure you a safe and comfortable ride.
Aberdeen has only one major railway and that is Aberdeen railway station. It covers almost all the cities of Scotland. It is the busiest railway station. Well, connected train routes are available, connecting other cities of Scotland. Traveling through trains can be faster as compared to the buses. It can be pocket friendly as well. It is faster and cheaper which will allow you to save time. You can choose to travel by bus or car if you are planning to explore the city or else you can go by train to cover outer areas.
Aberdeen is the biggest city in Scotland. Hitchhiking is the modern way of traveling now a day. If you are traveling from another part of the city then Hitchhiking can be an option. It is very famous among travelers. It will cost you nothing (depending on the situation). It is a bit time consuming as you never know when you will get your next ride until you reach. It is very helpful for the traveler in saving money. It will allow you to make memories and let you explore the city in the deepest way possible. It is a very thrilling and lifelong experience one can ever get. It will give you an opportunity to socialize with the locals, you can learn a lot about the city in depth
Apart from airways, trains, buses, and hitchhiking there are several other modes of traveling available in the city. Inside of the city can be explored better if you are walking through the paths. For everything else, you can rent a car or bike. Even a bicycle can be an option. To protect the environment from pollution it can be the best solution for an eco-friendly traveler like you. Riding a bicycle is beneficial for your health as well. To cover the longer distance you can rent an electric car which is easily available in the market. They have streetcars as well. Through these modes of transport, you can save money.
If you are planning to stay in Aberdeen for a concise period of time, then you need to know different ways of traveling so that you can utilize your time wisely. You need to become a smart traveler when you have a very short amount of time in your hand and so much to explore. Opt for bicycles, cars, trains, buses, etc.
The market areas can be explored by walking. There are so many things that need your attention which can only be possible if you are walking. Sitting in a bus or car will never allow you to know the depth of the city. Exploring the city by walking will allow you to know the culture of the city. It will help you to understand the lifestyle of the locals and how they live. You can do window shopping though.
Cycling has evolved a lot in the past few decades. Whether it’s locals or tourists, they prefer cycling a lot more than any other vehicle. So, renting a bicycle can be very helpful. It is pollution-free and good for your health. It can cover all the local areas at once. It’s a faster way of traveling as compare to walking. The rental bikes come with a GPS tracker and electric brakes which can help you to explore more places, which is not mentioned in your travel guide.
Electronic cars are very popular with travelers. Most of the people choose electric cars for traveling because it is very eco friendly and cheaper. You can easily rent an electronic vehicle in Aberdeen. They have charging stations available all over the city which makes the journey even smoother. You need to be very patient with these electronic cars as it can be very slow as compare to fuel-based cars.
Aberdeen has a wide network of buses. You can buy tickets for a week or month directly from the post office. Public transports are always best for travelers. It can cover the whole city and the outer areas as well. There are tourist buses for the tourists that cover all the travel spots or sight scenes. It allows you to save a lot of money. There are different price packages depending on the different routes. A traveler has the liberty to choose according to the convenience.
Tram, Train and Subway
Aberdeen has only train facilities available. As the city is located on the northern island of Scotland, you will not be able to find any trams or subways here. For a traveler who is also an adventure lover, it is very hard to resist the charm of traveling on a train. Traveling doesn’t always mean just exploring new places; it’s about making good memories while you are exploring new places. One can never beat the charm of a train when it compares to traveling.
Shopping is a must when you are traveling to a different city. You need to collect things which are popular. In Aberdeen, there are plenty of local shops where you can buy stuff. The city has more than 50 top-rated street stores. You will be able to find all the fashionable kinds of stuff to household things. You can buy kinds of things for yourself and for your loved ones from these shops. And if you are looking for any particular stuff then you can go for the online options as well to buy the right thing for yourself.
Food markets are the places where you will find the local food trends of the city. It is the easiest way to find about the culture of the city. You can easily get traditional foods here. There are so many ethnic shops and restaurants. All the shops have this brilliant gallery where they display their food items. It is very fascinating and eye-catching. This food market is very massive. You will get here all types of cuisine, from traditional foods to international foods.
Flea markets in the city are the biggest attraction for tourists. These markets sell second-hand goods at a very reasonable price. Being an eco-friendly traveler you should visit these markets. Travelers are very fond of these flea markets as they can get recycled goods here which helps them to control extra wastage. You can get plenty of stuff here including home décor, antiques, handcrafted items, vintage items, etc.
Second Hand Stores
Cash for used clothes and peapod are some famous theft store in Aberdeen. Travelers are very fond of these second-hand stores nowadays. When you are traveling, you are spending your money continuously every now and then. It can’t be avoided but can be utilized in such a way where you can save more.
Fashion brands, nowadays are making sustainable clothes. It’s very much in demand. People are opting for this culture happily. The concept of eco-fashion is to promote recyclable cloths made from organic products. Recyclable fabrics, plant-based dyes, organic cotton, etc. The crops which are used while making such cloths can be regrown. As these clothes are completely chemical-free it helps to control pollution.
A big city always has its pros and cons. Pollution is something which comes in handy in city life. As a tourist, you can do your bit to contribute to the environment by recycling goods. There are plenty of shops in Aberdeen, offering such products. You can buy it once and use it multiple times. These products come at a very good price and can be very useful for your trip. Recycling goods includes all the fashion stuff from clothing to accessories.
The environment of Aberdeen is highly polluted because of these chemicals discharged from these giant factories. The government has taken several measures to control pollution. There are several guidelines for the locals of the city to follow in order to get the maximum result. As a responsible traveler, it is your duty to explore the city in such a way that there are no traces left behind.
Work and Study Abroad
People dream of studying and working in Aberdeen. The public places, restaurants, museums, beaches, parks, etc are well maintained. The climatic condition of Aberdeen is neither too hot nor too cold. These factors attract people around the world to be a part of this city. As the cost of living here is very affordable and once you start studying here you will get familiar with the culture and language. This will help you to grow more. It will be easier for you to get a job here as the unemployment rate here is very low.
The exchange student is very common in Aberdeen now. They offer scholarships to their best students. The University of Aberdeen welcomes exchange students from all corners of the world. They are partners with Japan, Mexico, Singapore, South Korea, USA, Australia, Canada, China, or Hong Kong. To get admission to Aberdeen University, your home university should nominate your name first.
Au pair is very common in a foreign culture. If you are new to the city, you can take the help of au pair to survive in the city. In exchange for the household services the owner provides you a room to live in and food to eat and grants you some pocket money for personal use as well.
Do you want to make your favorite holiday destination to be more cleaned and healthier? Try Volunteering. Volunteering can be the best way to show your love for the city. You can volunteer for cleaning or medical bits of help.