Eco-friendly travel guide to Caucasus advises how to be a responsible tourist. Learn how to travel in a sustainable way and how to respect the local people and culture. Make your trip green by supporting locally owned hotels, organic restaurants and other businesses. Read more on how to protect the environment by making conscientious choices and how to travel green in Caucasus, Europe / Asia.
- Air quality: 3 / 5
- Bus connections: 3/ 5
- Train connections: 3.5 / 5
- Hitchhiking:3 / 5
- National parks:4 / 5
- Outdoor activities: 4/ 5
- Locals' English level: 3 / 5
- Safety: 3 / 5
- Accommodation: US$100 - $300
- Budget per day: US$60 - 200
- 1 Responsible Travel
- 2 Air Quality and Pollution
- 3 Respect the Culture
- 4 Top 10 Places to Visit
- 5 Explore
- 6 Eat
- 7 Drink
- 8 Activities
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 Regions
- 11 Cities
- 12 Getting There and Moving Around
- 13 Sustainable Shopping
- 14 Recycling
- 15 Work and Study Abroad
- 16 See Also
Caucasus is a very small and beautiful region which is present in between two seas namely Black sea and the Caspian sea. The population of this region is quite less and is mainly occupied by the people of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Armenia, this region is famous for its Caucasus mountains. This region is a tourist spot where every year millions of tourists pay a visit to this region, it is extremely important for them to travel in this region responsibly, tourists should not pollute the environment of this region in any way. Tourists should try to go green when they are on a trip to Caucasus, this region is a heaven for nature lovers as this region has some really good places which are extremely fascinating and beautiful. Tourists should not throw garbage in any of the public places present in this region as it is against the laws of the government and they might face some serious problems after breaking the laws.
Air Quality and Pollution
The air quality of this region is moderate and local people of this city should definitely look after the quality of air in this city as there is a definite need to control the air quality in this region. In recent years the rates of pollution have severely increased in the Caucasus region. The leading cause of corruption in this region is vehicles that run on fossil fuels as they release harmful chemical compounds directly in the environment. The air quality may cause harm to sensitive groups as the small dust particles can cause various health irregularities in their body. Sensitive groups should wear masks to avoid exposure, and people can also use air purifiers to purify all the harmful chemical compounds to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Respect the Culture
In the Caucasus region, the culture is a mixture of various countries and regions as people from various different regions reside in this region. Tourists who are on a trip to this region should respect the culture being followed in this region as the local people of this region are very conscious when it comes to respecting their culture. Tourists should try to attend the cultural programs which are being carried out in the region of the Caucasus, and this will help to understand the culture of this region better and also gain information regarding the culture of this region. There are several laws which the government makes of this region regarding respecting the culture, so tourists should not say anything against the culture of this region and should not disrespect it in any way.
Top 10 Places to Visit
This region is a tourist attraction spot where more than a million people pay a visit every year, this region is favourite amongst the tourists as there are so many places for them to visit in this region. Names of the top 10 places that tourists should definitely visit when they are on a trip to this region are mentioned below.
● Yerevan- Yerevan is a very popular capital city of Armenia which tourists should definitely pay a visit, this city is famous for its delicious traditional and local food which will definitely attract the tourists towards this place. The people living in this city are very humble and friendly towards the visitors and they always try to help them if they are in any sorts of trouble.
● Gyumri- Gyumri is another very popular city which is also present in the country of Armenia, this city is also called as the second capital of this country as this city is the most artistic and most authentic city of the country. This city has a very huge population and ranks second in the country of Armenia when considered about the population. The architecture pieces which are available in this city draws attention of all the tourists to visit this city.
● Dilijan- This place is the first choice place amongst the people who love nature as this place is thickly covered with trees, this place is also known by the name green paradise due to its thick cover of forest. There are so many lakes which are present at this place where people can sit and relax themselves out. This place is also a very good option for the people who love to do adventurous activities, here they can do hiking very conveniently.
● Khor Virap- This place is one of the most fascinating and beautiful places which anyone can come across, the view from this place is very picturesque and soothing for the eyes of everyone. This is a very ancient monastery which is also present in the country of Armenia of the region Caucasus.
● Lake Sevan- This beautiful lake is present in the Gegharkunik province which is nearly 50 minutes away from the Yerevan which is the capital city of Armenia. The lake is also known as the blue pearl of this country as it is totally blue in colour and it is also very well maintained by the local staff.
● Artsakh- Artsakh is the most underrated place which is present in Armenia of the region Caucasus, tourists should definitely pay a visit to this place as here they have so many things to explore. This place is also known by the name Nagorno-Karabakh, this place is a politically disputed area which falls under the jurisdiction of the country Armenia.
● Gobustan National Park- Gobustan National Park is a highly recommended national park by the experts, this beautiful national park was established in the year 1966 and in 2007 it got the tag of UNESCO World Heritage site. At this place Petroglyph Museum is present which depicts all the information regarding the rock carvings and prehistoric petroglyphs. This museum is also used to aware the school students about the prehistoric activities which were done in this region.
● Flame Towers- This place has a cluster of huge towers which are very heighted and because of this they catch the attention of so many tourists towards this place. This place is present in Baku, Azerbaijan of the region of Caucasus, they are named flame towers as they are covered with yellow lights which look like a very huge flame.
● Palace of The Shirvanshahs- Palace of The Shirvanshahs is a very large palace carved and made very nicely, the detailing of the palace is very fascinating and glorious. This palace is also present in Baku, Azerbaijan of the region of Caucasus, reaching to this place is extremely easy as people can opt for any of the public transportation to reach here.
● Azerbaijan Carpet Museum- Azerbaijan Carpet Museum is a carpet shaped museum which is present in Baku, Azerbaijan of the region of Caucasus, the architecture of this museum catches the eyes of so many tourists towards itself. Azerbaijani carpets are the centre of attraction of this museum and this place has so many visitors everyday just to see these carpets.
There are a lot of places that the tourists can explore in the region of Caucasus, this region has so many places and the tourists cannot cover all of the places in one trip. Although they can cover most of the must visit places which are present in the region of Caucasus, they will definitely enjoy their trip to this region as they will never get bored here. Tourists can search the popular places which are present in this region over the internet so that they don't face any difficulty during the trip, they can also hire a guide who will help them throughout the trip, guides will take the tourists to the popular places of this region which will enhance the experience of their trip. The more the tourists will explore this region the more they will enjoy their trip, exploration is the most impoy factor so as to enhance the experience of the trip.
City parks are ideal for spending some good time, people visit city parks for mental peace and relaxing their minds. In the region of Caucasus there are several city parks which people can visit in some particular hours, names of some of the city parks are mentioned below.
● Mtatsminda Park- Mtatsminda Park is amongst the favourite parks of the kids which is present in Tbilisi, Georgia of the region Caucasus. This park has rides which attracts the attention of the kids, this place is perfect for the kids as they have so many activities to do in this park.
● Vake Park- This another very beautiful park which is also present in Tbilisi, Georgia of the region Caucasus, this park is a heaven for nature lovers as it has a thick cover of trees and the environment of this place is very peaceful.
● Sataplia Nature Reserve- Sataplia Nature Reserve is a very fascinating place which is favorites amongst the nature lovers which is present in Georgia of the region Caucasus. This reserve is good for spending time and relaxing, the park is very picturesque and people can get some good clicks of themselves at this place.
National parks are perfect for the tourists to visit during their trip to any place as they will get to see new species of animals which are very rare and which they won't be able to see in their own country. There are several national parks which are present in the region of Caucasus are mentioned below.
● Tbilisi National Park - Tbilisi National Park is one of the most popular and also one of the most visited national parks which is present in Tbilisi, Georgia of the region of Caucasus. This National park was established in the year 1973 and was the first national park of the country of Georgia.
● Mtirala National Park - Mtirala National Park is a heaven for nature lovers, this beautiful national park is present in Adjara, Georgia of the region of Caucasus. This national park is also extremely good for the people who love to go on adventures, this place is famous for hiking.
● Vashlovani National Park- Vashlovani National Park is the finest national park which is present in kakheti, Georgia of the region of Caucasus. This is a protected area where people have to be extremely careful that they do not cause any kind of harm to the environment.
Beaches are one of those places which are extremely good for the people who want to reduce their stress levels, here they can do so many outdoor activities which will help them reduce their stress. There are several beaches which are present in the region of Caucasus, names some of them are mentioned below.
● Kvariati- This is a very famous beach which is present in Georgia of the region of Caucasus, everyday hundreds of people pay a visit to this beautiful beach. As this beach has a very peaceful environment so many people love to spend their weekends at this beach.
● Gonio- Gonio is a very unique beach which is present in Georgia of the region of Caucasus, if anyone wants to spend some good time at night then this beach is just to perfect for them. Near this beach there are some bars from where people can order food and drinks and enjoy their time here.
● Shekvetili- This beach is famous for its sand as it is known that the sand present at this beach has the ability to cure the patients which are diagnosed from diseases like rachitis, paresis, etc.
Landmarks are ideal places for the tourists to visit during their trip to any of the place as it will help them gain some information regarding the historical past of that particular region. There are various landmarks which are present in the region of Caucasus, names of some of them are mentioned below.
● Narikala Fortress- This fortress is the most fascinating fortress which is present in Tbilisi, Georgia of the region of Caucasus. The tourists will definitely get fascinated by the architecture of this fortress, it is very nicely maintained by the local staff of this fortress.
● Icherisheher- This place is famous for its strong walls and this is the main reason that this place has so many visitors everyday, this place is present in the country Azerbaijan of the region Caucasus. It was made so many years ago but still it is in bery good shape as the maintenance of this place is extremely good.
● Geghard Monastery- Geghard Monastery is a UNESCO World Heritage site and first choice place to visit among the tourists, this place is present in Armenia of the region Caucasus. The stones from which this monastery is made from are getting damaged because of the acid rain and they are loosing their color.
Visiting museums helps people gain so much information regarding any particular topic on which this museum is made on, museums basically depicts the history of country or a region. There are various museums which are present in the region of Caucasus, names of some of them are mentioned below.
● Heydar Aliyev Centre- Heydar Aliyev Centre is a very fascinating centre which is famous for its architecture as it looks very beautiful, this centre is present in Baku, Azerbaijan of the region Caucasus. This building is spread in a very large surface area which has so many interesting things to do for the visitors.
● Stalin Museum- This popular museum is a must visit museum for the tourists who are on a trip to this region, this museum is present in Gori, Georgia of the region Caucasus.
● Tsitsernakaberd Armenian Genocide Memorial Complex - Tsitsernakaberd Armenian Genocide Memorial Complex was built in 1967 but still this place is in very good shape, this place is present in Yerevan, Armenia of the region Caucasus. This memorial is made for the victims of the Armenian Genocide by depicting their history and the past.
If the tourists are on a trip to Caucasus then they should definitely taste the local and traditional food of this region, they can taste in any of the local and traditional restaurants which are present in the region of Caucasus. Tourists can consume the local food at very reasonable prices in the restaurants present in this region, they can also eat the local food at various street stalls and the prices are much lower than the restaurants. Shashlyk is the most popular and one of the most consumed traditional dishes of this region, the main ingredient used in this dish is grilled meat. This dish is very delicious and tourists should definitely try this traditional dish of this region, names of some more popular traditional dishes which tourists can eat in any of the local restaurants of this region are mentioned below.
● Adjarian khachapuri
The local people of this region are very fond of consuming drinks mainly alcoholic drinks, they consume them regularly although there is an age restriction on alcoholic drinks in this region. Wine is the most popular and also the most consumed drink in Caucasus, people consume wine on special occasions like marriages or parties. Oghi is another very popular drink of this region and this drink is also an alcoholic drink, this drink is mainly made from mulberry and because of the use of mulberry results in aroma. Ararat is a brandy which is made from Armenian white grapes and spring water which enhances it's taste, this brand is one of the most popular brands of brandy in this region and the local people consume this drink very often. Tourists can consume the traditional drinks of this region in any of the bars which are present in this region.
Tap water found in this region is not safe for consumption and people should strictly avoid consuming tap water of this region. The tap water of this region contains harmful microorganisms which can cause various health complexities in the human body, tap water might also contain harmful chemical compounds which can also cause several health issues in the human body after the consumption. Tourists should consume packaged drinking water as it is totally safe to drink and free from harmful substances, they can purchase it from the shops present in this region and the rates are also very reasonable. The local people living in this region use water purifiers so as to purify the tap water and then consume it, water purifiers remove all harmful microorganisms and chemical compounds and thereby protecting the human body from them. Tourists can drink the tap water of the hotels as it is safe for consumption but for safety they can use packaged drinking water.
There are a lot of activities for the tourists to do in the region of the Caucasus specially for nature lovers this place is a heaven, there are so many places in this region which have a thick cover of forests which are perfect for camping. This region is popular for its mountains and tourists will definitely love to climb the mountains present in this region as it will bring them so much joy. Tourists should visit the temples present in this region as they will help them to understand the culture of this region better, the temples are very well maintained by the local staff and the tourists will definitely get fascinated by the architecture of the temples. This region is also very good for adventure lovers as here they can do so many adventurous activities like hiking, adventurous people should definitely pay a visit to this place.
Tourists who are planning a trip to Caucasus should choose a proper mode of accommodation where they will live throughout their trip, tourists can choose any mode of accommodation as per their needs, requirements and budget which is best suitable for themselves. Accommodation is the first thing that tourists search for whenever they are planning a trip to any place, an ideal accommodation will help them throughout their trip to relax and rest. Tourists get the facilities of booking their accommodation online which is very convenient as here they can pre-book their accommodation, tourists should choose their accommodation on the basis of the total number of people which will be there during the trip. In the region of Caucasus there are various modes of accommodation which are available for both the tourists as well as for the local people of this region, modes of accommodation available in this region are mentioned below.
Green hotels are doing exceptionally good when it comes to the environment, they are harmless towards the environment as the measures used in these green hotels are totally eco-friendly. In the region of Caucasus also there are various green hotels which are contributing towards the welfare of the environment, the facilities provided in these green hotels are similar to the normals hotels the only difference is that it is totally eco-friendly. The food products used in green hotels are organic which are not only good for the environment but also it is very beneficial for the health of the human beings. The numbers of green hotels are increasing very rapidly not only in this region but in the whole world as people are very impressed by its benefits over normal hotels. Tourists can very easily book the green hotels which are present in this region online, there they can pre-book their rooms so as to get the most ideal room for themselves. Names of green hotels which are present in the region of Caucasus are mentioned below.
● Green Queen Hotel
● Green Hotel
Hostels and Guest Houses
Hostels are one of those accommodations which are mostly opted by the students who are studying in the Universities present in the region of Caucasus. Hostels are perfect mode of accommodation for the students as they give all the necessary facilities to the students, in the hostels students get 3-4 meals in one day but the menu is not decided by the students. Names of hostels which are present in the region of Caucasus are mentioned below.
● Hostel Cat Basil
● Leto hostel
Guest houses is another very popular mode of accommodation which is mostly opted by the people who are visiting this region, guest houses are more convenient than hostels as residents are allowed to suggest changes if they find something inappropriate. In the guest houses also the residents get 3-4 meals in one day and the residents are allowed to change the menu if they didn't like the food. There are various guest houses which are present in the region of Caucasus, names of some of the guest houses are mentioned below.
● Guest House Lile
● Margo Guest House
This mode of accommodation is mostly opted by the local people living in this region, apartments have become favourites amongst the middle class people of Caucasus as they are very affordable. The facilities which people get in apartments are very much similar to the facilities that will get in their own houses, people can purchase or take apartments on rent as per their budget. There are so many apartment renting companies which are present in the region of Caucasus, people can contact any one of the agencies and purchase or take the apartment on rent. People can also purchase the apartments online where they get all the details of the apartment starting from the rate to the facilities which are provided in the apartment. Tourists who are on a long office trip to this region can rent an apartment and live very conveniently as it will be very budget friendly. Names of various apartments which are present in the region on Caucasus are mentioned below.
● Yessentuki gorodskoi okrug Essentuki
● Rent Vokzalnaia ulitsa Yessentuki
Couch surfing is a very common practice which is done by the tourists in this region, in this practice tourists stay in their friend's or relative's accommodation throughout their trip. Couch surfing is a very beneficial practice as it helps the tourists in so many ways like they will get to know all the must visit places of this region, they will also get to eat the traditional and local food of this region at their relative's accommodation. This practice is the most budget friendly practice which the tourists can do as it saves a lot of money over accommodation, it also saves a lot of money on food as the tourists don't need to go to the restaurants to consume food. The local relatives and friends will also let the tourists know about the routes of this region, they will also let the tourists know about the public transportation which is available for them in this region for traveling from one place to another.
Camping is a very joyful activity which both the tourists and the local people can do in the region of Caucasus, there are so many places which are present in this region where people can do camping and experience something new. There are certain camping centres which are present in the region of Caucasus where anyone can go and practice camping, here they can practice it very easily without facing much difficulties as most of the equipment and necessities are provided by the camping centres only. This region is the best for nature lovers as there are some regions where there is a very thick cover of trees which makes camping the favourite practice to do in this region. If anyone is practicing camping for the first time in their life then he/she should have an expert with themselves as there are certain rules and regulations which people need to follow while camping. The local people of this region are very fond of practicing camping during off days as they get relaxed, they do it for changing their daily lifestyle.
Getting There and Moving Around
Getting to this region is extremely easy as there are various modes of transportation which are available for both the tourists and for the local people, they can opt anyone of them as per their budget and distance of the destination. This region has a very well developed air transportation and mostly the tourists opt for this mode of accommodation only so as to get to this region. After reaching this region people have the facilities of taxis or buses if they want to travel through road transportation, both of them are good as this region has a very good network of roadways. Traveling in taxis is very costly and not everyone can afford it although it is a very effective mode of transportation for the tourists as they are unaware of the routes of this region. Train transportation is also available in this region for the local people and the tourists, this mode of accommodation is quite cheap and daily so many people can be seen using trains for traveling from one place to another.
Air transportation is one of the most developed modes of transportation which is available for both the local people of this region and for the tourists, this mode of transportation is mostly opted by the tourists as they have to cover a huge distance so as to reach Caucasus. Air transportation is a very rapid mode of transportation as it covers huge distances in a very short period of time and thereby helping their passengers to reach their respective destinations on time. Air transportation is very punctual in the region of Caucasus, they try their best to be always on time so that their passengers never need to face any kind of inconvenience during traveling. There are several international airports which are either present in this region or present near this region which are serving day and night to make the air transportation in this region easy. Names of international airports in this region are mentioned below.
● David the Builder Kutaisi International Airport
● Tbilisi International Airport
Buses are one of the most opted modes of transportation which are used by the local people of this region, tourists can also use buses for traveling from one place to another in this region as it will help them to reach to the correct destination. Buses are the perfect mode of transportation if anyone wants to cover a shorter distance, the buses of this region are always very punctual and are very conscious of their time table. The main aim for these buses is to make their passengers always reach on time to their respective destinations in which they have achieved success quite a time. The fares of these buses are also very affordable and it is one of the cheapest modes of transportation which is available in Caucasus. People can take their respective buses from the bus stops or bus stations which are present in the region of Caucasus, names of bus stations which are present in this region are mentioned below.
● Baku international bus terminal
● Vanadzor bus station
Trains are a very effective mode of transportation which is available for traveling in the region of Caucasus, if anyone wants to travel to another place of this region which is far away then they should use train transportation as it is very convenient. People get the facilities of pre booking their train tickets online on the websites, there they can select the seat of their choice and make the payment online so as to get a fixed seat in the train. Trains transportation is also a very good option for the tourists as they are not aware about the routes of this region, here they just need to select the correct train and book tickets of the train and they will reach their destination without facing much difficulties. People don't have to wait for so long for their trains as they are mostly on time and follow a very strict time table so that their passengers don't face any kind of inconvenience during traveling. Names of railway stations which are present in this region are mentioned below.
Hitchhiking is a prevalent practice done by most of the local people of this city. The residents are humble enough to drop their fellow residents on the way to their respective destinations. Tourists can ask for hitchhiking on the way from the local people as they are not aware of the routes of this city. However, people should be extremely aware while hitchhiking others as there is a very high risk of getting robbed.
Other modes of transportation are also available in the region of Caucasus which are also very effective and convenient, taxis are one such mode of transportation which are extremely convenient. Taxis are a very good option for the tourists as they are not aware about the routes of this region, they only need to tell the driver about the places that they want to visit and he will take them to all the destinations. Although hiring a taxi is very costly and not everyone can afford it everyday, people mostly hire taxis in case of emergencies or if anyone wants to reach the destination as soon as possible. Water taxis are also available in this region and the local people prefer traveling by water taxis if they have to cover a shorter distance. The travelling rates in these water taxis are also quite affordable but this mode of transportation is much slower than other modes of transportation so it should not be used if anyone has to cover a much longer distance.
In these days where the rates of pollution and environmental degradation both are rising the concept of sustainable shopping has proven really effective against both these issues. Under sustainable shopping people get to purchase commodities which are totally eco-friendly, such commodities do not harm the environment in any way and thereby contributing towards the welfare of the environment. The local people of this region are also very conscious of the environment and some people have started the use of sustainable products, there are various sustainable shops which are present in this region from where the local people can purchase sustainable products. Sustainable products are not only good for the environment but it is also very good for the use of humans, such products are free from any of the harmful chemical compounds which can cause certain skin diseases in human beings. Deniz mall which is present in this region is one such place from where people can purchase sustainable products, these products are much cheaper than the other products.
Recycling is a very effective practice which is carried all over the world as this practice is very effective towards the environment, recycling of materials which can affect the environment adversely is extremely important as it can increase the rates of environmental degradation. There are various agencies which are present in the region of Caucasus which recycle materials which cannot be decomposed naturally, these agencies have all the enhanced technologies and modern techniques through which they can recycle any kind of material. The more people will recycle materials specially non degradable materials the more they will contribute for the welfare of the environment. These agencies are trying their best to make the local people of this region aware about recycling, they are teaching them basic techniques that the local people can opt for recycling their home waste. E-waste is the most difficult waste to recycle but the agencies of this region have modern techniques through which they can recycle e-waste also.
Waste management is done very nicely in the region of Caucasus as there are various agencies which are looking after the waste being produced in this region. Management of waste is not an easy task to do as it requires a lot of expertise and knowledge, management of waste also requires modern machineries through which these agencies can handle any coming waste. The local people of this region are also aware of some basic techniques through which they can dispose the waste which is coming out from their homes properly. If the waste of any region is not managed properly then that region will be very prone to cause environmental degradation, this region is doing exceptionally good when it comes to waste management. There are certain waste materials which can be recycled and one can make something useful out of the waste materials, the recycling agencies are doing a very good job is recycling the waste materials of this region. The tourists should also not cause any harm to the environment, they should try to travel green in this region.
Work and Study Abroad
In the region of Caucasus there are a lot of job opportunities which are available for the local people of this region, although one has to work extremely hard so as to get a job in this region as the competition is extremely high. The population of this region is quite high so not everyone in this region gets a decent job, one has to showcase his/her talent and work with all the dedication to catch the eyes of the staff of the companies. The students who are studying in the universities which are present in this region get opportunities to study abroad, although students have to score good grades and study very sincerely so as to earn a chance to study abroad. Settling abroad is not an easy task if one is belonging to a middle class family as the expenses are very high, one should have financial support if he/she wants to settle abroad.
The universities which are present in the region of Caucasus carry out exchange student programs every year for the students of other countries and regions. Through the exchange programs the universities of this region give chances to deserving candidates who are not getting a good university to study in their own region or country. The education in the universities of Caucasus is much cheaper than some other regions so students who are facing difficulties in getting the education in their own region due to financial crises then they can study in these universities. Interested students can enroll themselves on the websites of these universities online, they just need to put their personal information and grades. The universities present in this region provide all sorts of facilities to the students who are taking admission through exchange programs, the students get an accommodation to live, they get food to eat 3-4 times in a day and all the basic necessities which they will require in their day to day lifestyle.
The au pair agencies of this region have been doing a great job in recent years by providing employment to the people who are in a definite need of jobs. These agencies have provided jobs to so many people of this region so that they get a job and make their day to day living, but the jobs which people get by these au pair agencies are odd and wages are also quite low. Some people manage to earn their living by doing the jobs provided by au pair agencies while some people do some other jobs also as they have a big family. People can go to the regional office of these agencies and enroll themselves by providing them with some personal information, people also have to tell their interests regarding the types of jobs they are comfortable in doing. One has to work for very long hours in this job, some people have to work for the whole day and people have to work extremely hard to earn money in this job.
Volunteering is one of the most effective ways which is opted by so many local people of this region so as to get a permanent job. Volunteering is not an easy task to do as one has to be very dedicated while doing it, people have to showcase their abilities and talents to the staff of the companies so as to catch their eyes. If this practice is done properly then there is a very high chance for the individual to get a job, some volunteers get paid after doing volunteering while some get certificates which they can use in future to get a job. The local people of this region can do volunteering in any of the companies which are present in this region, the wages of these jobs are also very good and one can very easily make his/her living.